Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Living in the Shadows: OOC
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57
WinterRat1
QUOTE (WinterRat1)
Maybe we should make that an official contest. Which of the GMs can pull out the biggest guns in the most creative way that actually makes sense within the context of the story. GMs, what do you think? 

Om my gosh, you did NOT JUST SAY THAT!!!

Woohoo!!!

Game on man, GAME ON!!

I have the best idea. To bad I am only running one game for LitS. Looks like ASVW is going to be my play ground!

You know, that may go down in LITS history as one of my best (or worst) ideas ever, depending on your point of view.

Note to self #3: Get out of ASVW.

Addendum to note #3: Getting out of ASVW brings Dragon right back to the GM that invented the Blimp of DOOM ™.

Conclusion: Get to Cosmo's couch ASAP!!!
Morgannah
A dense sammy? What a novelty.... nyahnyah.gif

And what makes you think that spending time with Cosmo will be any safer?
grendel
Would it be prudent at this time to point out in which GM's storyarc Cosmo's couch lives?
WinterRat1
Actually, considering the context of the discussion, maybe Dragon will go back to being the 'big samurai'. smile.gif

(See edited version of post above)
Morgannah
*points to Grendel's response*

Yea, what he said.

(( Damn, my edit-fu is weak! Too slow! ))
WinterRat1
*Smacks self on forehead* Sigh...

Note to self #4: Get into Snuggle Bear...er, BC's storyline.

Addendum to note #4: If he can't get to Snuggle Bear's storyline, may as well head over to Cosmo's couch. If Dragon's going to die, he may as well die happy. biggrin.gif
bclements
QUOTE (WinterRat1 @ Nov 9 2005, 03:27 PM)
Note to self #4: Get into Snuggle Bear...er, BC's storyline.

grinbig.gif

Hey, don't worry. I'll get a MUHAHAHAHA in shortly.

And no, we don't want rail guns, morters, or anything bigger than a hold out pistol. No, really, but thanks for offering.
Morgannah
You say that now, but I have the distinct impression that Dragon will change his tune when those large, vaguely humanoid-shaped .. things come to call.
WinterRat1
You say that now, but I have the distinct impression that Dragon will change his tune when those large, vaguely humanoid-shaped .. things come to call.

Large, vaguely humanoid-shaped things? We're not talking about Shadow's cyber-bunny killers, are we? Did I miss something? question.gif

And no, we don't want rail guns, morters, or anything bigger than a hold out pistol. No, really, but thanks for offering.

Maybe that should be our next LITS poll, taking a vote on whether the LITS-verse wants to try live through this contest or not.

And by the way, I just came up with my own absolutely wicked idea for the contest. So if we vote on going forward with it, all I gotta say is...

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!! vegm.gif
bclements
Whatever poll you make, I want an 'extremely dense samurai' option in there somewhere biggrin.gif
Shadow
I say lets make it a challenge. We have till the new year to do something absolutley big in our games, but it has to be belivable with in the setting.
Morgannah
QUOTE (WinterRat1)
Large, vaguely humanoid-shaped things? We're not talking about Shadow's cyber-bunny killers, are we? Did I miss something?  question.gif

Just the shades from Cosmo's last nightmare. I'm sure it's nothing to be worried about..

dead.gif
WinterRat1
I say lets make it a challenge. We have till the new year to do something absolutley big in our games, but it has to be belivable with in the setting.

Oh no fair on that! You're already in the action part of your run, what with the rocket launchers and all! All my players are still in the talking phase, getting set up, er, I mean being set up, er, I mean proceding to the point in time where all the action is going to take place. biggrin.gif

We definitely need a longer time frame. Besides, we really should wait until all the new players join us. After all, what's the fun of a challenge/contest like this if we don't spread the joy among the most possible recipients? wink.gif
Morgannah
New players, hmm? Who are we getting?! biggrin.gif
Shadow
QUOTE (WinterRat1)
Oh no fair on that! You're already in the action part of your run

I'm not sure what you are talking about.

Action part?

There are other parts?

QUOTE (Grendel)

Well, I can see it's about time for me to start my first run so that I can become Ivan's run GM.

About dang time.
WinterRat1
New players, hmm? Who are we getting?! 

That's what the recruitment phase is for Morgannah, to find out who we're getting. smile.gif

I'm not sure what you are talking about.

Action part?

There are other parts?

Apparently characters 'living' in Shadow's section of the LITS-verse better be ready for lots of action. Suckers.

Oh wait...

Slipshade
QUOTE (WinterRat1)
Oh no fair on that! You're already in the action part of your run, what with the rocket launchers and all! All my players are still in the talking phase, getting set up, er, I mean being set up, er, I mean proceding to the point in time where all the action is going to take place. biggrin.gif

That's ok, Max is very comfortable in his, "I'm really just a normal guy, that doesn't like to break any kind of law while sitting in my penthouse apartment drinking champaign from the navel of an elven supermodel." lifestyle. He doesn't really need the rockets or bombs or Blimps O' Doom. Thank you very much. biggrin.gif
grendel
As Morgannah might tell you, handled correctly, an elven supermodel can be just as deadly as a 12.7mm APFSDS round fired through the armored exterior wall of a luxury penthouse.
Morgannah
biggrin.gif

I have no idea what you're talking about, Gren. Nothing to see here....

(Give me a Valentino gown and a tube of lipstick any day .. go ahead and keep your Panther cannons. wink.gif )
Slipshade
QUOTE (grendel)
As Morgannah might tell you, handled correctly, an elven supermodel can be just as deadly as a 12.7mm APFSDS round fired through the armored exterior wall of a luxury penthouse.

ok how about a vapid elven supermodel. wink.gif

I shudder to think about what Cosmo would do to Max. It may be fun, but Max would likely be damaged for the rest of his life. biggrin.gif
Morgannah
I really don't know why everyone keeps insinuating that Cosmo is "Bad News for Men Everywhere;" she really does like men and is generally looking out for their best interests while they have her attention. It's the horde of .. stuff .. chasing her that tends to leave people in a fine, bloody mess.

Or that's my understanding, at least. wink.gif
Slipshade
WR1 - Back to the game for a second. Between check ins and watching for Rosie's contact, when Max is back in his body, he is going to check his service for any messages from the Wongs.
bclements
Pereception check on the bodyguards, Oh Wielder of Railguns:

[ Spoiler ]

Checking to see if they weren't as careful as their boss
grendel
The bodyguards' attention is divided between Tony and the rest of the dining area of the bar. He is fairly sure that, given the professional level of the Johnson, they're probably of the same caliber.
Sedna
You want to wait on mentioning all the new players until I catch up on all the Freaking Writing I Still have To DO???!
And I mean that in the nicest possible way (says the GM of the Blimp of Doom) smile.gif
WinterRat1
You want to wait on mentioning all the new players until I catch up on all the Freaking Writing I Still have To DO???!
And I mean that in the nicest possible way (says the GM of the Blimp of Doom) smile.gif

We're just mentioning that we'll be getting some new targets...er, players in after the SR 4 conversion. Don't worry Sedna, you'll get your share of new victims too. smile.gif

I shudder to think about what Cosmo would do to Max. It may be fun, but Max would likely be damaged for the rest of his life

You know who we should have meet Cosmo? Eyes. Heh heh heh.
Sedna
Okay, I laughed out loud when I read that last.

Scrapheap: since you're the one who most often (and oh so well!) writes up situations in their entirety and including details of NPCs, just asking that at least through the initial introduction, you leave descriptions and reaction entirely to me? I promise I'll be monitoring through most of tomorrow -- only one talk, that day!
Scrapheap
Sedna-
Just to clarify, you want me to write up to the guy entering the room and no more, correct?
The_Eyes
QUOTE (WinterRat1)
I shudder to think about what Cosmo would do to Max. It may be fun, but Max would likely be damaged for the rest of his life

You know who we should have meet Cosmo? Eyes. Heh heh heh.

Beautiful woman... railgun... beautiful woman... railgun...

Decisions decisions. biggrin.gif It's not like Eyes would last five seconds with either one.

Of course noone's saying that it's a choice between one or the other, either. sarcastic.gif
Morgannah
Should I brush out Cosmo's white suit, just in case? *bats eyelashes*

grinbig.gif
WinterRat1
Should I brush out Cosmo's white suit, just in case? *bats eyelashes*

Oh snap. If Cosmo's breaking out the white suit, then Dragon is definitely gonna show up, vaguely humanoid-shaped things be damned. love.gif
Sedna
Sedna-
Just to clarify, you want me to write up to the guy entering the room and no more, correct?

Well, at the moment he's downstairs at the bar -- almost exactly on time, as it happens -- and it doesn't look like Miranda's sending him up, although you're fairly sure (and can confirm with Finn, if you want to write it up in-post) that she's both got instructions to send him up, and that he's sent down a signal to remind her.

Bear in mind that what you can get from Max directly are astral impressions only. You will get that it didn't look like the guy was saying much at all, the initiative here seems to be entirely on Miranda's side.

What actions do you take? Ask me OOC if you want, I'll give OOC responses, and then you can write up the entire thing in-thread if you want, to his entering the room.
Scrapheap
Sorry, I jumped the gun and already did. embarrassed.gif

I got the part about Melinda, but thought that Finn would have reminded her to send him back (behind the scenes, of course).

Let me know if you need me to edit.
Sedna
Just, maybe, that last line, with the door opening -- since he isn't heading up yet.

And he did! and she acknowledged briefly -- but then apparently didn't act on it? On Finn's screens, looks as though she got distracted again.
Scrapheap
Ok, edited. Let me know if you want to leave it like that, or if I should continue. If needed, John would go introduce himself and lead the shaman back to Max.
Sedna
You know your contacts best, I'll leave those to you to write up as you figure out what to do next smile.gif

(I'm also assuming such distraction is very out of character for Melinda.)
Sedna
(Sorry, talk I mentioned, back in four hours.)
WinterRat1
Sedna-
[ Spoiler ]

The_Eyes
Oh for- bah, I wish there was a "Delete" function on the boards. nyahnyah.gif
Shadow
Ivans perception check

05 05 03 01
Sedna
Another small requested edit, Scrapheap (sorry!):

Please change "John. Yes, Ms. Olivo told me." to "John. Yes, I know."

Thanks! smile.gif
Slipshade
Sedna

[ Spoiler ]

Sedna
Slipshade
[ Spoiler ]

Oh, WinterRat: thanks for letting me take creative charge of Firebird Security and its employees grinbig.gif

Re dossier: go with grendel's e-mail for the moment, focus on which parts of life most call upon the SIN/credit card/credstick. Timeline overview also requested -- and we're needing the same thing for the (still anonymous) sister as well.
Slipshade
Sedna

[ Spoiler ]
Sedna
Prepared for just that. (Had to look it up myself.) And yes: definitely higher.

You've probably already guessed it, but he's also clean of any kind of 'ware.
Slipshade
Kinda figured. smile.gif
Sedna
Also, Slipshade:
[ Spoiler ]
Slipshade
Sedna

[ Spoiler ]
Sedna
*laugh* -- do you have wards around your apartment?
Slipshade
Nope, I would be screwed as an dual-natured being if there were wards. smile.gif

Besides walls and ceiling are likely warded by the security company, but I have left the roof top open.

[ Spoiler ]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012