Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Living in the Shadows: OOC
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57
Moirdryd
You know, I`m going to stop making silly over glorified announcements..because when ever I do my technology seems to develope a deep hatred of me and commit suicide.

*Grumbles muchly*

So yes, i`m back, i`ve an IC post up on the boards again. Life isnt ganging up on me right now and with any luck the technology will decide it loves me like it should.

*mutters things about it only having taken ANOTHER month to get things properly properly sorted.*

Sorry to see we`ve had some losses along the way and I hope to be caught up with everything nice and soon. And indeed sorry I came back so briefly to vanish again.

*bolts self to place now*

There, so, as before.

Cya in the Shadows Chummers
bclements
Remember, you must sacrifice the live chicken before the first boot, otherwise the Gods become fickle in replying to your pleas smile.gif
Cedric Rolfsson
General absence post:

Per instructions from my wife I am letting everyone know that I will NOT be posting from Wed Nov 23 until Mon Nov 28 in order to avoid significant marital discord and a horrible ass-whupping.
WinterRat1
From today (Monday the 21st) through next Tuesday (Nov. 29) I will be sporadically posting due to the CPA exam. I'm already horrendously unprepared so...yeah, trying not to make a bad situation worse. I will be checking, but replies may be sporadic.
bclements
Good Luck on that!
Scrapheap
WR1-
Good luck on the exam!

EDIT: I'll be absent from posting on the 24th, 25th, and 26th. Try not to miss me too much.
Slipshade
Posting for me is going to be sporadic through out the holidays.

Sedna/Scrap - Max is just going to levitate back up to the roof of his apartment building while concealed by his spirit, then phone down to security to have Silverbird let in. I may not have time to update the IC post, if one of you wants to post that for me to move things along, go ahead.
Moirdryd
Chicken?.. bugger I was using a Macaw Parrot.. no wonder it all went horribley wrong.

MEMO TO SELF; Obtain sacrificial chickens to avoid technological rebellion.

Thanks bclements smile.gif
Slipshade
Sedna -
[ Spoiler ]
grendel
Karma awards for my players:

Shadowrunner13: 1 pt (Nov 16th - Nov 22nd)
Bastard: 1 pt (Nov 16th - Nov 22nd)
Bclements: 1 pt (Nov 16th - Nov 22nd)
The Eyes: 2 pts (Nov 16th - Nov 22nd)
Morgannah: 2 pts (Nov 16th - Nov 22nd)
Sedna
Noted. My own posting here became sporadic last week due to a last-minute need for some serious overhauling. Was very grateful that one part of it -- fortunately misunderstood on my side, although it did make for some moments of panic -- did not involve complete sacrifice of sleep!

First, karma, before it slips away yet again! and then to posting.
WinterRat1
General Announcement

I'd like to welcome the latest addition to our GM staff, Scrapheap (the player, not the character), who will be joining us as a Player GM.

His first player will be a new addition to LITS, Mister Juan, who will be running Ludmilla Soren.

Welcome aboard, both of you, we're looking forward to having you onboard, in roles new and old! smile.gif
Slipshade
Congrats Scrap!

Mister Juan, welcome, you will be in good hands with Scrap. I have enjoyed playing with his character very much.

I wish I had the time to help run a game, but I can barely keep up with WinterRat1 and Scrap as it is. smile.gif
Moirdryd
*waves a welcome to both* Welcome to the shadows.

And question to the room as I havent noticed a definitive answer to this topic on previous pages.

What are we doing with SR4? is this to be a total conversion for everyone or are we going to have 2 LITS running, one for SR3 amd one for SR4?
bclements
w00t! Glad to have everyone on board (and Scrapheap now as a GM).

EDIT: Yep, we're switching over to SR4. Check the Guidlines thread (here, you'll have to scroll to the bottom 'cause my PHP-fu isn't up to snuff), as well as earlier in this thread for any additional information. I'd also suggest talking to your GM to work out the details of the changeover that are specific to your character.
WinterRat1
Moirdryd- Check out Oct. 20 and Nov. 8 for some more SR 4 announcements by me.
Mister Juan
Thank you all for such a warm welcome. Hopefully, Ludmilla will live long enough to meet some of you in the shadows wink.gif
bclements
Just want to wish everyone that celebrates it a happy and safe Thanksgiving. If you don't, have a happy and safe weekend! smile.gif

As God is my witness, I swear I thought turkeys could fly.
Scrapheap
WKRP!

Happy Thanksgiving, all!

-S
WinterRat1
Thank you all for such a warm welcome. Hopefully, Ludmilla will live long enough to meet some of you in the shadows wink.gif

Actually Mister Juan, unfortunately, Ludmilla meeting some of us makes it more likely that she won't survive very long in the shadows. wink.gif
Mister Juan
Let me guess; you're an optimistic.
WinterRat1
When missiles getting shot at you is part of your daily routine, the word optimism gets removed from your vocabulary very quickly.
Mister Juan
Well, as long as you do like the turtle "Duck.... and Cover", you should be fine. biggrin.gif
Morgannah
Welcome to the fold, Mister!

It'll be fun to see what sort of stories you and Scrap can cook up. biggrin.gif
bclements
Sunday Karma

Shadow- 1pt (Nov 20-27)
WinterRat1
Something random someone sent me, I thought you all might get a few laughs out of it. I'm done with the CPA (for now) as of Saturday, so I'll be spending this week working on catching up on all the various stuff that's slid in the past week and change. Hope you all enjoy this!

[ Spoiler ]
grendel

Shadowrunner13: 1 pt (Nov 23rd - Nov 29th)
Bastard: 1 pt (Nov 23rd - Nov 29th)
Bclements: 2 pts (Nov 23rd - Nov 29th)
The Eyes: 1 pt (Nov 23rd - Nov 29th)
Morgannah: 1 pt (Nov 23rd - Nov 29th)
Slipshade
Has anyone heard from Sedna in a while?
Scrapheap
Slip-
She sent an email to the GMs stating she'd be offline all week.

WR1-
[ Spoiler ]

-S
WinterRat1
Argh, sorry everyone, catching up with RL is something I forgot I have to do in additon to catching up on Dumpshock. frown.gif

By my recollection, I owe the following LITS related things (immediately):

-Storyline post for Scrap and Eyes
-Dossier post for Sedna

Next:
-Back GM karma error correction for Sedna
-Karma for all players

Last: SR 4 character analysis will be done after I get caught back up to speed on the day-to-day LITS stuff.

Did I miss anything? If there's something I owe someone (GM or player) not on that list, please let me know so I can add it to my list of things to do.

I don't know what Sedna's doing with Max, so I can't do anything for Slip until she gets back.
Slipshade
WR1 - We were just doing the tracking ritual to find Nora and Keira.
WinterRat1
Slip- I meant I don't know how she planned on running it, so I don't want to step on her toes or anything she has planned .
Slipshade
Not a problem. I fully expected to wait things out until Sedna can post again.
Bastard
Im back...well completely now. Been hit and run for the past couple of months due to lots of my favorite thing...OT. Uncle Sam is gonna be pissed, cause the department is way over budget and has to cut all the OT, so no more 14 hour days 3 days a week! Good thing I already spent all that extra nuya on festivas presents.

So let me be the first today to wish everyone Happy Festivas! A Holiday for the Rest of Us!
bclements
Glad to see you back Bastard smile.gif

grendel: Looking for any tails (mainly looking at people) while moving toward a bus stop.

[ Spoiler ]
Moirdryd
That sounds painfully close to the Everday Heroes tag line, Bastard, Deliria fan perchance or wierd coincidence?
grendel
Tony doesn't pick up any signs of surveillance, human or otherwise. Is he planning on taking the bus all the way there?
WinterRat1
OK RL finally caught up on (as much as it can be!), look for LITS-related catchup this week, those whom I owe. Sorry about the delay, hopefully we'll be back to our usual pace in the next few days.
bclements
Is he planning on taking the bus all the way there?

No, just back to a few blocks short of his apartment. He'll take his car from there out to the sticks, er, to Tacoma wink.gif
Bastard
Sorry Moirdryd, its actually a Seinfeld reference. Its the holiday Georges dad invented and Krammer tries to promote. Instead of a Christmas tree, they had a festivas pole (because it was for us poor folk).

grendel
Bclements: give me a perception check for Tony. Any security knowledge skills can be used as complimentary.

Shadowrunner13: 1 pt (Nov 30th - Dec 6th)
Bastard: 2 pts (Nov 30th - Dec 6th)
Bclements: 3 pts (Nov 30th - Dec 6th)
The Eyes: 1 pt (Nov 30th - Dec 6th)
Morgannah: 2 pts (Nov 30th - Dec 6th)
bclements
Heh, Security Knowledge skills. Nice one biggrin.gif

[ Spoiler ]

Just doing a once-over of the exterior of this place.
grendel
Bastard: when does Marquis plan on arriving at The last Drop? Give me a perception check if you plan on doing a drive by or other scouting.
Bastard
Perception for circling the block in Caddy

Park about a block away, then Perc check walking to

Im not there yet though...the meet is at midnight so I will Circle at 2345 and be walking in around 2355
WinterRat1
Hey Everyone, just letting you all know that a couple people quit work lately, so the workload has been piling up on those of us left (which is why I haven't been able to post at work). I'm still chugging along, but slower. On the immediate list, I'll be trying to get a ASVW post up soon, and Sedna's dossier as well.
banditf50
I've been moving really slowly too. My first meeting with my thesis advisory committee on this coming Monday and I have been pretty busy writing a report and puttinng together a presentation. Things will calm down soon though. On a side note . . . today we got our first big snow fall of the season, and it looks wonderful outiside. I love snow.
bclements
I got about a 1/4 inch last night (that melted as soon as it hit the ground). Despite predictions to the contrary, bread and milk shipments are still on-schedule for the greater Little Rock area, so all here really don't need to buy anymore. grinbig.gif

EDIT: Sorry about taking so long, Shadow.
Bastard
In game, how much snow is there?
grendel
Depends where you are in the city. Most of the Downtown streets are clear, as are the interstates, but residential roads and rural areas in Snohomish still have snow on them, anywhere from four to fifteen centimeters.
bclements
Oh, Karma! *slaps head*

Shadow: 3pts (for 12/4 to 12/11)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012