Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Post or Die!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50
pbangarth
Search area around boat physically: 9 dice ==> 1 HIT
Search area around boat astrally: 9 dice ==> 1 HIT
Saint Sithney
QUOTE (Sephiroth @ Jul 23 2010, 09:41 PM) *
With 900 nuyen.gif now left over from chargen, he will also have 4d6 → [2,3,4,4] = 13 + 9 = 22 x500 = holy frick o_O 11,000 nuyen.gif. Or so I believe. Hopefully I did that right, the wording in the book is a bit unclear on adding the 1-per-100 nuyen.gif thing. question.gif

You can use 100¥ purchase another d6 to roll. This can be done three times for up to 3 more dice. So, you should still have 600¥ unspent, and throw 7d6 x 500 for starting capital, which should leave you with a similarly large sum of walking around money.
Sephiroth
QUOTE (Saint Sithney @ Jul 25 2010, 01:33 AM) *
You can use 100¥ purchase another d6 to roll. This can be done three times for up to 3 more dice. So, you should still have 600¥ unspent, and throw 7d6 x 500 for starting capital, which should leave you with a similarly large sum of walking around money.

You sure?

If you have any nuyen left over from Resources, you may add +1 to the dice roll for every 100¥ left over, up to a maximum of 3 times the number of dice rolled (in other words, you may add up to half the maximum possible dice result).

To me, this seems to suggest that, with the 4 base dice roll for High lifestyle, the maximum dice I could roll would be 12. Then again, I may be mistaken; the wording is a bit confusing.

@Red-ROM: Just to be clear, I'm not trying to replace Athletics skills with my Shape Air query. I'd just like some way to at least partially cover those bases until I can get the Karma to get the necessary skills (and experiment with unusual spell applications in the meantime lick.gif).
Saint Sithney
QUOTE (Sephiroth @ Jul 24 2010, 07:43 PM) *
You sure?

Oh snap! You are absolutely right with your original interpretation. I.. don't know where I picked up my ruling..
Sephiroth
QUOTE (Saint Sithney @ Jul 25 2010, 03:58 AM) *
Oh snap! You are absolutely right with your original interpretation. I.. don't know where I picked up my ruling..

So I am supposed to roll an extra die for every 100 nuyen.gif, right? Or do I do what I originally did and add the leftover number/100 to the dice result?

I just edited my previous post with a new roll using the former option, and I kinda feel like I shouldn't have that much money...
Saint Sithney
You were right to begin with. I've edited my own cash to reflect as much.

TOTALLY GAME-RELATED EDIT: Can I still get a signal down in the boat's cabin? If yes, is there an available medkit for patching people up?
Red-ROM
@ Pbangarth: what are you looking for?

@ Saint: No signal, the jammer's right above the main cabin. you might want to come in for a landing, the robot is a little roughed up.

@ Seph: shape air alows you to move F x meters radius of air, at a rate of (net hits)meters per turn. so at force 3 your moving 113.09734 m3 of air at what, 2 or 3 m/turn? thats 2.23693629 miles per hour. not much of a boost, maybe if you were really aerodynamic. In game terms, I think even if I gave you a +1 to a running or jumping test, it would be offset by the -2 for sustaining the spell
Sephiroth
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Jul 25 2010, 04:01 PM) *
@ Seph: shape air alows you to move F x meters radius of air, at a rate of (net hits)meters per turn. so at force 3 your moving 113.09734 m3 of air at what, 2 or 3 m/turn? thats 2.23693629 miles per hour. not much of a boost, maybe if you were really aerodynamic. In game terms, I think even if I gave you a +1 to a running or jumping test, it would be offset by the -2 for sustaining the spell

Yeah, I figured that the lower Forces for the spell would be essentially useless. For future reference (for example, when I get my essence up past 10 or so), if you were to give me small bonuses to such tests, what levels of Force/net hits would you want for providing such boosts? 7 or 8, maybe?
pbangarth
Apparently, somebody just tried to blow up the boat, or at least us. Professor is looking to see whatever he can see out there... the next fireboat, an approaching gunship, cops coming to investigate, or best of all, nothing else out there.
Red-ROM
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Jul 25 2010, 02:50 PM) *
Apparently, somebody just tried to blow up the boat, or at least us. Professor is looking to see whatever he can see out there... the next fireboat, an approaching gunship, cops coming to investigate, or best of all, nothing else out there.

cool, yea, I read your IC post after I put that up, so I gotcha. Aside from the blimp and the two roto drones, the waters seem empty for now
DrZaius
The first death! Lefty never stood a chance. Sorry for not posting; had a wedding I had to go to. Have fun with the game!
pbangarth
No problem, Dr. Z. Thanks for the ... entertainment.
pbangarth
I just took a look at the characters on the reserve list.

Geez!
Red-ROM
yeah, its going to get weird
Majhra
@pbangarth: is it 'the Professor' or just 'Professor'?

The roll for perception: 8d6.hits(5)=3
pbangarth
Just 'Professor'.
HugeC
Here's a concealment roll for Thirty's weapons: Agility 4 + Palming 2, 6d6.hits(5)=3
Red-ROM
ok, guy with R6 medkit and the skill to use it:
15d6.hits(5) → [3,1,5,5,1,1,5,4,1,2,5,2,6,5,3] = (6)
15d6.hits(5) → [5,3,4,5,3,2,5,6,4,2,6,5,3,6,5] = (8 )
15d6.hits(5) → [5,5,6,6,1,4,2,5,6,4,3,2,3,4,2] = (6)
15d6.hits(5) → [2,5,1,2,3,3,2,1,1,3,6,2,4,6,1] = (3)
15d6.hits(5) → [2,1,5,4,2,3,1,5,5,2,6,5,5,3,3] = (6)

follow that with the Shaman casting heal, and I think you guys are all set, aside from some damaged armor, and a damaged robot.
Saint Sithney
Matching speed and direction for landing on the yacht:
13d6.hits(5) → [3,5,2,1,3,4,2,2,6,2,5,1,4] = (3) three hits.

The landing itself:
13d6.hits(5) → [4,6,1,5,2,4,3,1,1,2,5,6,3] = (4) four hits.

Infiltration roll:
13d6.hits(5) → [6,1,3,4,6,3,5,4,6,4,2,5,3] = (5) capped at two hits.

I'm going to assume that someone will rope it off and I can get out.

pbangarth
Analyze language of our host (if he responds in Spanish):

LOG (5) + Linguistics Knowledge Skill (3) + Analytical Mind (2) + Analytics Adept Power (2) = 12 dice
(Don't see how I can twist the Linguistics Quality for this)

==> 4 HITS
Red-ROM
@ saint: If you're looking for someone to help tie you off when you land, why did you roll infiltration?
Saint Sithney
We were pretty close to Shiawase's island. Feels right to avoid their radar if possible. I figure, I could talk to anyone on deck with the robot to let them know I was headed in. Anyone else who happens to be watching, I'd prefer see as little as possible. Jamming shouldn't even be a concern from 100m inwards.
HugeC
Here is a Perception roll for Thirty at the pier using his regular (i.e. low light) vision: Intuition 3 + Perception 3 + Improved Perception 2 (8d6.hits(5)=5)
pbangarth
I seem to have a mental block against using all the positive modifiers available to Perception Tests. Up above, for example, when Professor was looking for other things around the yacht, I didn't use 'actively looking' (pg. 136 SR4A) or the vision enhancement in his goggles. Well, I guess he wasn't wearing goggles to the meet, but he certainly was actively looking.

Maybe I should put a post-it note on my keyboard.
Majhra
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Jul 27 2010, 08:28 PM) *
@ saint: If you're looking for someone to help tie you off when you land, why did you roll infiltration?

Because he's COMMING TO FINISH US OFF! The Johnson obviously has it coming, but us heroes are just 'innocent' bystanders. But that's ok, I've got him in my sights... wink.gif
Red-ROM
QUOTE (Majhra @ Jul 27 2010, 07:25 PM) *
Because he's COMMING TO FINISH US OFF! The Johnson obviously has it coming, but us heroes are just 'innocent' bystanders. But that's ok, I've got him in my sights... wink.gif

ok, the "aeroplane" you spotted. Is that Oswald's blimp you're refering to?
Saint Sithney
Spot check.

+5 attribute +2 skill +3 attention coprocessor = 10 lowlight and vision mag should null those problems. I'll roll 10 and let you adjudicate as to whether or not Oswald counts as distracted since the boat should be his target and all.

10d6.hits(5) → [4,6,3,2,3,6,3,6,3,4] = (3) Last two dice shouldn't matter anyway. 3 hits, so I backtraced ya. Crisis... averted?
pbangarth
Hmmm... with the GM and the players out to kill off the players, this should be a short campaign! grinbig.gif
pbangarth
When did Otto's warning about 'incoming' happen? Before 11:12 when Professor asked the host something in Spanish, or after?
Majhra
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Jul 28 2010, 10:10 AM) *
When did Otto's warning about 'incoming' happen? Before 11:12 when Professor asked the host something in Spanish, or after?

Yeah - i keep forgetting to add timings...
after I'd think - it'd take some time for him to look around... and for added drama, after the communication about landing... smile.gif
Majhra
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Jul 28 2010, 09:33 AM) *
ok, the "aeroplane" you spotted. Is that Oswald's blimp you're refering to?

Of course! I'll add a tad more description.
Saint Sithney
Okay, Red-ROM, I have a question. Or... I guess it's an idea... for a little bit of Lefty to live on.

Could I try and fix up his arm and use it to replace one of the Manservant's damaged arms?
I think it would be hilarious for the bot to have this lopsided Orkish cyberarm that messes with Oswald every time he says or does something blatantly racist, which is pretty often...
Red-ROM
QUOTE (Saint Sithney @ Jul 28 2010, 12:17 AM) *
Okay, Red-ROM, I have a question. Or... I guess it's an idea... for a little bit of Lefty to live on.

Could I try and fix up his arm and use it to replace one of the Manservant's damaged arms?
I think it would be hilarious for the bot to have this lopsided Orkish cyberarm that messes with Oswald every time he says or does something blatantly racist, which is pretty often...

well, I'm torn. ON the one hand, the manservant isn't designed to hold a pimped out cyber arm that probably has more body than the robot. also, it would be completely unbalancing and make everything he does more difficult. On top of that, there is no way I'm letting you mod out a cyber arm for this robot. It opens a whole can of munchkin. And I don't understand why it would act out against Oswald. Is it going to be haunted?

On the other hand, Its a fun Idea story wise. Maybe if the arm is modified enough that in game mechanics, nothing changes, but story wise you have the arm.... I guess that would be OK.

Anyone else want to weigh in on this?
HugeC
Re: New robot arm, it's obviously your call Red, but I wouldn't have a problem with it. That said, my understanding of the Manservant is that it's specifically designed to suck at combat. The fluff text talks about special limbs meant to prevent it from ever hurting someone. It seems like for a skilled technician, adding a pimped out cyberarm to the thing should be possible, but I'm not sure it would be able to walk afterward, what with the shift in the center of gravity. Maybe it would need a new Pilot program to account for the change. We should keep in mind that, rather than being a something the average citizen would quickly dismiss as inconsequential, the robot with the mammoth arm of doom would send people running from the obvious terrorist threat, and Knight Errant should receive lots of rogue drone reports if the thing is ever seen in public. My 2 nuyen!
Saint Sithney
\/
Saint Sithney
\/
Saint Sithney
It'd just be a cosmetic thing mostly. Robot shoots with pilot + targeting, so agility is a null concept. Strength and a cyber spur won't help much since it has no close combat autosoft, and no armor to protect it anyway. The ability to add cyberarm mods to Mechanical Arms is naturally a Gamemaster's decision, like it says in the Vehicle Mod description. The "haunted nature" would come from the fact that it's all used cyber.

It's just a thought. I figure in a game like this, there's going to be a lot of "used cyber" floating around, so I'm trying to think up uses. wobble.gif

As to me abusing it, don't worry, I can't default on a Pilot Anthroform test, and I've decided that Oswald will never take that skill. He doesn't think of Danny as a vehicle and he enjoys ordering him around too much. Only time I imagine using Command with the bot is for when I need to hijack the arms to use technical skills in a place where I can't be.
pbangarth
I just saw in the 2072 Table Talk thread someone using Analytics and Analytical Mind to help picking a Maglock. Can you do that?
Red-ROM
@ saint: I'm gonna say go for it, But Oswald will have to gut it to save the integrity of the robot's frame. No attributes over 3. And it probably will draw attention in some places.

@ Pbangarth: hmm, Ill have to look into that analytical mind thing.
HugeC
Here's a roll to see if Thirty knows anything about those guys with the flaming 452 (I assume they are a gang): Intuition 3 + Seattle Gangs 3, 6d6.hits(5)=3

Gonna wait to see what the answer is before posting more. I don't want to say, "Cyrus sent me, go Halloweeners!" if these guys hate the Halloweeners.
Red-ROM
QUOTE (HugeC @ Jul 28 2010, 10:57 PM) *
Here's a roll to see if Thirty knows anything about those guys with the flaming 452 (I assume they are a gang): Intuition 3 + Seattle Gangs 3, 6d6.hits(5)=3

Gonna wait to see what the answer is before posting more. I don't want to say, "Cyrus sent me, go Halloweeners!" if these guys hate the Halloweeners.

Thirty knows they are Triad. HE knows they are a major crime syndicate that could care less about the halloweeners. he also knows they are heavy into numerology, and the numbers probably mean something. oh and he vaguely remembers that they don't travel in groups of four or five because it's unlucky, so there are probably more inside.
Sephiroth
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Jul 26 2010, 12:50 AM) *
I just took a look at the characters on the reserve list.

Geez!

My apologies. I intended my character to be someone who is still very idealistic and maybe a touch naive, and who still has some maturation and much growth to go through. A long-term character, essentially. I didn't make him to be ridiculous, honest.
Saint Sithney
Running a Detect hidden Nodes extended test Electronic Warfare + Scan (15+, 1 Combat Turn)
EW3 + Scan6 = 9
[ Spoiler ]

Wow, what poo rolls. Takes 24 seconds. Once the node map is done, I'd like to check for any outlier signals in the deep dark night.
Red-ROM
QUOTE (Saint Sithney @ Jul 30 2010, 07:33 AM) *
Running a Detect hidden Nodes extended test Electronic Warfare + Scan (15+, 1 Combat Turn)
EW3 + Scan6 = 9
[ Spoiler ]

Wow, what poo rolls. Takes 24 seconds. Once the node map is done, I'd like to check for any outlier signals in the deep dark night.

The main node for the yacht is in active mode, transmitting ship ID and such.an active comm is detected on the johnson and his assistant, and the jumpsuit guy without the meds. There's 16 hidden nodes not counting the other player characters, I'm not sure what their PAN modes are.
The Johnson has two, his assistant has two, the techie has one and there's another node further in the ship. the mage, the madic,the waitresses, and the guards all have 1. the two drones have 1.
Red-ROM
@ Martin_D: YOU ARE ABOUT TO DIE!!! please don't die on me! It's too soon! I haven't recovered from the loss of Dr Z! You've got till sometime tomorrow, maybe tomorrow night. Otherwise, please make another character and try again smile.gif

@ Augmentin: you still lurkin? I think you're on deck. please wait until someone officially dies though.

@ Majhre: You are getting a little close too.

@ all: I want to post the "boat pulls in" post and get down to business, We can still resolve some actions that happened along the way in "flashback mode" if nessisary
Red-ROM
well, I sent some PM's . It looks like augmentin hasn't been on since the 22nd. so it might be Sephiroth on deck. I might need to open a whole new recruitment thread. it's summertime and the dumpshockers are all twitterpated. Games are coming and going faster than a ping pong ball in china. I'm not sure Our crew is going to survive the meet.
Martin_DeVries_Institute
Oh! I forgot that it's second-to-last post, not last post. Thougth I had a few more days. wink.gif I'll get one up right away.
HugeC
A roll to scope out the boat and passengers: Intuition 3 + Perception 3 + Improved Perception 2, 8d6.hits(5)=1

A roll to fit in with the other runners as a pro, and to identify the Johnson: Charisma 4 + Etiquette 3 + Kinesics 3, 10d6.hits(5)=4
Sephiroth
ninja.gif *is lurking in wait, at the ready* ninja.gif
Red-ROM
@ hugeC: what are you rolling to identify the johnson? On your perception roll, you notice that its a yacht, with armed passengers. you also spot two roto drones perched on top. nothing is really jumping out at you

@ sephiroth: cool smile.gif

@ Martin_D: glad to see you among the living
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012