Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Post or Die!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50
Red-ROM
@ all: if its not too much of a pain, could you guys put "post or die" in the campaign section of your dice rolls. That way they show up in the campaign page. It's not crucial, but so far it's just showing gm rolls
pbangarth
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Dec 25 2010, 12:31 PM) *
@ all: if its not too much of a pain, could you guys put "post or die" in the campaign section of your dice rolls. That way they show up in the campaign page. It's not crucial, but so far it's just showing gm rolls
I thought I had been. I'll comply.
Sephiroth
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Dec 25 2010, 12:31 PM) *

I think we all have been. When I was looking for the campaign page on invis castle, I found two separate pages: one with all of us players plus Sithney's Skypod and Bee Bee (?), under 'Post or Die,' and a different page of just your rolls, under 'post or die,' which I was unable to find without following the link from one of your previous rolls listed here.

EDIT: HERE is the campaign page I mentioned. I can of course change all my rolls to post or die from now on.
pbangarth
That would be what I was thinking of. Whodathunkit that capitals mattered?
Saint Sithney
I'll totally start rolling in the lower case campaign if you like. Null sweat.
Red-ROM
wow, who knew. I can start capitalizing if everyone else is doing it. I had no idea!
pbangarth
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Dec 24 2010, 12:28 PM) *
And Merry Christmas to All !!

I'm refreshing 1 edge point and awarding 2 karma to everyone!!

Yay! The New Year will be Happy now. (I'm easy to please, huh?)
Red-ROM
@ Saint: Wow, I know you just posted, but it's been 7 days since the last one!!

@ packer: you're gettin a little low too
pbangarth
Ooooooh.... kill one before she even starts! How about a suicide bomber in the restaurant... take out the steely-eyed ice queen, too.
J. Packer
Man, that "second to last" rule is a killer!

I think I had it my head that it was a week from when the GM last posted in my thread somehow, because I wasn't at all worried. smile.gif
pbangarth
Rough about the edges? Professor can argue neo-revisionist-post-modernism in seven languages!
J. Packer
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Dec 27 2010, 10:20 PM) *
Rough about the edges? Professor can argue neo-revisionist-post-modernism in seven languages!

Are you really going to hold the Professor up as the model of the average 'runner? I'm not sure that'll fly... smile.gif
Saint Sithney
Hey ROM, I'm not dead, right? I totally made it in time... Yeah..

Anyway, killing this guys link requires exactly what?

Also, can I do a specialization in Sensors for Perception?
Red-ROM
@ all: I lost internet for like a day and a half!! so yea, I think saints alive. and I'll have to catch up after my son goes to bed, sorry for any delays
Red-ROM
ok, I'm back, I've posted. Lets see what's happening,

@ Saint: what are you trying to do? trace his ID? The commlink is in your van. If you search him. Or scan for his hidden node E.W.+Scan(4) or sniff out the radio signal E.W. + sniffer (3) plus encryption. Then your options are, smash with hammer, turn off power switch, or hack through his firewall and crash his O/S. It's all up to you.(also I'm sure there are more options you could think of)
J. Packer
@Rom, how do you feel about me ad libbing Amber's past team members and the like. None of them are contacts...
Saint Sithney
The idea was to have Jovan search him for his link and turn it off, then to have the blimp run a scan and make sure that he doesn't have a hidden backup link, like an implanted comm. If we find an implanted commlink, and hacking it is too difficult, then I suppose it's time for some mandatory cybersurgery!

I wonder how hard it might be to lay hands on a cranial bomb...
pbangarth
QUOTE (Saint Sithney @ Dec 30 2010, 10:44 AM) *
The idea was to have Jovan search him for his link and turn it off, then to have the blimp run a scan and make sure that he doesn't have a hidden backup link, like an implanted comm. If we find an implanted commlink, and hacking it is too difficult, then I suppose it's time for some mandatory cybersurgery!

I wonder how hard it might be to lay hands on a cranial bomb...

Hey... Oswald's a medic. Just stick in a grenade with remote detonation.
Saint Sithney
Hahaha, juryrigged cranial bomb!
Sephiroth
Straight perception test to notice weapons and whatnot on the guy's person, vs. normal Concealability mods:
Int 6 + Perception 3 = 9d6 = 3 hits

Subsequent patting the guy down to physically search for weapons etc. vs half Concealability values:
Int 6 + Agi 2 = 8d6 = 1 hit. Oh boo.

I guess I forgot to include the Actively Searching modifier in the perception test, so the first one should be 4 hits

EDIT: Nevermind, I forgot about the stun damage modifier. So it is indeed 3 hits and 1 hit. frown.gif
Red-ROM
QUOTE (J. Packer @ Dec 30 2010, 01:30 AM) *
@Rom, how do you feel about me ad libbing Amber's past team members and the like. None of them are contacts...

No problem. Just keep it in line for her experience level. no Dragons or corp CEO's
pbangarth
Is Professor getting anything about Thirty from the medkit? Dead/alive? Stable/deteriorating?
Red-ROM
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Dec 30 2010, 08:52 PM) *
Is Professor getting anything about Thirty from the medkit? Dead/alive? Stable/deteriorating?

There's obviously some hand waving here. I would say deteriorating or inconclusive. The toxicology is beyond the capabilities of the medkit. Thirty is slipping into a coma from which he may or may not return.
Red-ROM
happy new years bitches!!
Red-ROM
Average life expectancy on Post or Die: 4 weeks

I updated the death clock. Notsoevildm and Sephiroth are on the chopping block!We've almost made it through the Holidays, I think we can do it biggrin.gif
pbangarth
Professor astral perception around the van:

9 dice ==> 5 HITS
Notsoevildm
Street etiquette roll to see how cool Ferret is in his dealings with the Crush:

Charisma 3 + Etiquette (street) 5 = 8d6.hits(5)=4 - he da man!
Saint Sithney
Now that the commlink is off here comes a find hidden node test.

here
[ Spoiler ]

Should hit 15 by 7 seconds.

So, is there anything still broadcasting from the car which is on the Ork's person? Implanted commlink or such?
Sephiroth
Red-ROM, will Jovan's Compulsion (Immobility) power work on the guy when he's still unconscious, or does he have to be awake for the power to be used successfully?

P.S. No, I swear I'm not metagaming with the Immobility thing. I don't remember if I ever mentioned my choice for Compulsion in this thread, as I had not decided on it yet when I first posted him, but I did add it to Jovan's sheet on the Cast of Shadows thread around the time I got off the reserve list and started playing. I promise I'm not cheating. dead.gif
Red-ROM
@ Seph: Ok, Immobility it is. I don't think you can compel someone who is unconscious. Try substituting immobilize for, say, eating. It wouldn't work.

@ Saint: you detect no other WIFI signal from the Mercinary, also, I think he's Human. The ork stayed in the chopper, the other human with the head gear and the other ork were in the SUV. Maybe I should go back and reread what I'm writing just in case.

@ Notso: Ettiquette has been noted

@ Pban: Nothing happening on the Astral right now
Red-ROM
wow, it doesn't take long to end up on page 2
Red-ROM
hmm. The comm number Amber was given was supposed to be Mrs. Johnson's. I guess I didn't make that clear.
Oh well.
J. Packer
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Jan 5 2011, 04:48 AM) *
hmm. The comm number Amber was given was supposed to be Mrs. Johnson's. I guess I didn't make that clear.
Oh well.

Whoops. It's not too late to retcon that, as only one post has occurred since then. Your call, boss.
pbangarth
Aww hell, no. Let us live in mortal fear of our employer.
Red-ROM
yea, let's just roll with it
Saint Sithney
Well, if he's a human, that'll make it easier to interrogate him in the Crusher's back yard.
Red-ROM
updated the death clock, it might help Packer if someone responds to Amber's message
pbangarth
Professor looking for tags on the van;

Perception 5 + INT 4 + actively looking for something in particular 3 = 12 dice ==> 5 HITS

He will remove them as he finds them.
Sephiroth
Casting a Force 7 Mana Bind (his magic is still at 7, and will be for basically the rest of the night IC) on the human as he wakes up:

Magic 7 + Spellcasting 3 + Power Focus 4 - wound modifier 1 = 13d6 = 4 hits

Using Edge to reroll failures, because it's important to bring the guy's Agility down to 0 with this and he probably has some agility augmentations in all that cyberware:

9d6 => 8 total hits

Resisting 3 points of drain:

Will 3 + Logic 6 = 9d6 = 3 hits

Yay. I'm gonna have a bunch of things to do, but I'll post with this sometime tomorrow. I wonder if biting his arms would affect his Strength to resist... I certainly hope he still has some decent stun modifiers, at the very least.
Red-ROM
@ Seph: where is this mana bind spell?
Red-ROM
Hey, 2071 is before the Knight Errant take over right?
J. Packer
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Jan 9 2011, 11:06 AM) *
Hey, 2071 is before the Knight Errant take over right?

I just searched through Seattle 2072 and can't find a definitive date at all. After Brackhaven takes office, and there's a reference to his declaring his candidacy in 2070, but not much else with dates. Probably to avoid stepping on gamers' toes with too many hard and fast dates.

If it's the 'Star she should be worried about, I'll gladly edit. I'm going to run through a few other books and see if I can find a timeline anywhere.

Oh, and Mana Bind is a Bind variant on SM 172.

Edit: Found it. Sixth World Almanac - page 99. They don't take over until March 15, 2072. I'm off to edit my post!
Acme
And some people here on DS think that 6WA isn't useful... smile.gif
Notsoevildm
Using stun baton as improvised bug zapper:

Logic 6 + Electronics 4 = 10d6.hits(5)=2

@RED-ROM: Ferret has the Juryrigger quality. Checking the book again, this seems to mainly apply to mechanic skills, but when I created him I was thinking more of an ability to get electronic devices to work or do weird stuff with just a couple of bits of wire and some duct tape. Is that okay with you?
Red-ROM
QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Jan 9 2011, 06:02 PM) *
Using stun baton as improvised bug zapper:

Logic 6 + Electronics 4 = 10d6.hits(5)=2

@RED-ROM: Ferret has the Juryrigger quality. Checking the book again, this seems to mainly apply to mechanic skills, but when I created him I was thinking more of an ability to get electronic devices to work or do weird stuff with just a couple of bits of wire and some duct tape. Is that okay with you?

I like the bug zapper smile.gif

I'll have to judge the jurry rigger stuff on a case by case basis. Your description sounds like a hardware test and I would count that as a "mechanic" skill. especially considering the mention of electronics in the fluff.
J. Packer
@Red: IRL, the trip from the docks to Redmond is at least 20 minutes, even with a bit of creative driving. I don't want to be out of comm the whole time, and risk being dead before I get there - how would you like to handle it?
Red-ROM
I guess you are already in rout, and the team is debugging, and interrogating and such. You could probably catch up, The time thing is always tricky. sometimes you have to post a flashback or your thoughts on things to fluff it out a bit
J. Packer
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Jan 9 2011, 08:08 PM) *
I guess you are already in rout, and the team is debugging, and interrogating and such. You could probably catch up, The time thing is always tricky. sometimes you have to post a flashback or your thoughts on things to fluff it out a bit

Sounds good. I'll see if can wax all lyrical in the meantime.
Saint Sithney
QUOTE (J. Packer @ Jan 9 2011, 10:31 AM) *
Edit: Found it. Sixth World Almanac - page 99. They don't take over until March 15, 2072. I'm off to edit my post!

Also says in Seattle 2072 that LS still works the rougher areas since the handover is going a precinct at a time.
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Jan 10 2011, 02:15 AM) *
I like the bug zapper smile.gif

I'll have to judge the jurry rigger stuff on a case by case basis. Your description sounds like a hardware test and I would count that as a "mechanic" skill. especially considering the mention of electronics in the fluff.

Cool. I'll limit it to hardware tests then and you can still decide that it doesn't apply if I try something too off the wall.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012