Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Post or Die!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50
Sephiroth
Does it refresh at midnight for Jovan as well, given his largely nocturnal schedule?
Red-ROM
QUOTE (Sephiroth @ Sep 22 2010, 07:30 PM) *
Does it refresh at midnight for Jovan as well, given his largely nocturnal schedule?

I am going to say yes, luck will be seperate from beauty rest. however, if we're in the middle of some midnight shenanigans, edge will not refresh until there is a break in the action.
Saint Sithney
I also used Edge on the signal capture test. Plenty left though. smile.gif

BTW, ROM I'm going to make up some chemistry flavor text for you, to save you the trouble. It probably won't come into play, but I figure it opens a door for possible complications. I'll change it up if you like, naturally. ork.gif
Saint Sithney
Yo, ROM. Are we playing that Hacking programs naturally degrade? If so, there's no reason I shouldn't crack what hacking progs I can hand over to Ferret. Spoof would be the only one he could really benefit from. That and the Ergonomic option on the stealth program. Speaking of which, since programs are supposed to be Modular, could I buy some Ergonomic patches for his programs for 100 nuyen a pop? Then he wouldn't have so many problems juggling programs.

Though, really, there's more I could grab off him than he from me... like he could have saved me the 1500 nuyen I spent earlier for my Decrypt program wobble.gif

If we can combine Oswald's Unrestricted Agent with Ferret's Exploit program, then we can let it find the way into the DMV while we continue about our business.
Red-ROM
@ Saint: The chemistry stuf is ok, I think I can work with that. I ran short on time last night, so I only got to adress one situation. I'll try to get the rest going tonight.
As for the programs, I'll have to look into that. You guys can definately share programs that you crack the copy protection on. I'm not sure about the modular ergonomics bit though. I'll have to hit the books
Sephiroth
@Sithney and/or Red-ROM- What do you figure the Power of the phosgene and whatnot would be? I'd like to know how far Jovan has to go in his Magic attribute before he'd be immune to it.
pbangarth
I would have sworn that notsoevildm somewhere had said, through Ferret, that the subject's commlink was back at the motel, but I can't find that post. Must be the cheap drugs of my youth coming back to haunt me.

Anyway, as far as I can tell by looking through the posts, all of the subject's contact info is in our possession. So we should be able to get Rusty's commlink ID.

@Red-ROM: Professor also spent a point of Edge to get a clear astral picture of the subject. So that's two down for him.
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Sep 23 2010, 05:12 PM) *
I would have sworn that notsoevildm somewhere had said, through Ferret, that the subject's commlink was back at the motel, but I can't find that post. Must be the cheap drugs of my youth coming back to haunt me.

Anyway, as far as I can tell by looking through the posts, all of the subject's contact info is in our possession. So we should be able to get Rusty's commlink ID.

@Red-ROM: Professor also spent a point of Edge to get a clear astral picture of the subject. So that's two down for him.

My understanding was that he was going to burn his old commlink (BDLLs) - i.e. leave it at the motel - and switch to a new one with the new ID. Ferret has the new one in his possession. I assume he transferred his contact details to new commlink, so we should have Rusty's number.
Red-ROM
he was going to get a new one, but hadn't had the chance yet
Red-ROM
@ Saint: With CatCo covering up as much as possible, and the fact that they no longer exist, coupled with the Crash 2.0, its a hard search. But you still find plenty. The Major deaths at the time were from Dichlorosilane, which spread from the explosion and caused noxious and deadly fires. Phosgene and and other isocyanates were heavy killers also, especially after the initial disaster had died down. Half the chem building collapsed, and the surrounding buildings were condemned as well. There are many spots one could hide trucks though. almost all the buildings have some loading / unloading zone.
Red-ROM
QUOTE (Sephiroth @ Sep 23 2010, 09:29 AM) *
@Sithney and/or Red-ROM- What do you figure the Power of the phosgene and whatnot would be? I'd like to know how far Jovan has to go in his Magic attribute before he'd be immune to it.

White star (phosgene and chlorine gas) is in arsenal at power 12. The other stuff went inert years ago.

edit:

@ Saint: ok, the Optimizations are considered modular "add-ons". Seems really bizarre to me, but I'm not a computer programmer in the 2070's
Red-ROM
@ HugeC: I realize there isn't a whole lot going on for Thirty. I'm sure you'll have a turn in the spotlight. I couldn't think of anything to add for him, without a surprise attack at Ozzie's place biggrin.gif
pbangarth
Hey, I think Professor and Jovan have everything they can get out of Jack. I promise when the shit hits the fan, Professor will want to hide behind Thirty. grinbig.gif
Acme
So what's the info that Acme gets? Or should I just assume the stuff that was given the team in the early part is what's on the chip? And looks like I'll have to wait for the game to catch up since the other guys are at 11:30 still and Acme shows up at noon. biggrin.gif
HugeC
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Sep 23 2010, 10:34 PM) *
@ HugeC: I realize there isn't a whole lot going on for Thirty. I'm sure you'll have a turn in the spotlight. I couldn't think of anything to add for him, without a surprise attack at Ozzie's place biggrin.gif

Don't sweat it! I've been feeling under the weather and haven't been inspired to post lately anyhow. I guess I better tho, don't want my clock getting too low!
Sephiroth
Has Jovan and everyone else been getting the messages about Acme being a magician an stuff, or was that conversation just between the Johnson and Oswald?
pbangarth
As far as I can tell, Oswald hasn't told the rest of us yet.
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Sep 24 2010, 03:27 PM) *
As far as I can tell, Oswald hasn't told the rest of us yet.

We don't know he's a mage, but if you assume like Ferret did that he's a replacement for Heka, then a paranoid nosferatu might just come to the conclusion that he is also a mage.

Saint Sithney
I imagine there would have been a discussion over the vocal frequency around the same time he sent the car out.

Someone probably would have said something regarding the bizarre drone launch apparatus on the roof and the vehicle driving off and not coming back after some time.

I don't think Ozzy would have the presence of mind to mention his approach though..
Saint Sithney
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Sep 23 2010, 12:46 PM) *
@ Saint: With CatCo covering up as much as possible, and the fact that they no longer exist, coupled with the Crash 2.0, its a hard search. But you still find plenty. The Major deaths at the time were from Dichlorosilane, which spread from the explosion and caused noxious and deadly fires. Phosgene and and other isocyanates were heavy killers also, especially after the initial disaster had died down. Half the chem building collapsed, and the surrounding buildings were condemned as well. There are many spots one could hide trucks though. almost all the buildings have some loading / unloading zone.

If it was a silicon chip manufacturing plant, then the most likely culprit for poison gas in a disaster would be the Chlorine. I'll go ahead and fix up my post. Phosphorus is mostly used in organic reactions.

So, since, the way I figure, any chemical which would still be hazardous years after exposure would do continuous damage at intervals, (why I thought of 1/2 of Whitestar as a good thing to base a chemical disaster zone on,) can I use Oswald's chemistry knowledge and chem shop to put together some kind of chemical flush in case of exposure?
Red-ROM
@ Saint: This chemical plant did more than make semiconductors.They produced chemicals for all kinds of things. Plus fire and refrigerant make phosgene gas. I'm sure there were all kinds of chemical reactions in the explosion. SO don't change a thing

edit: I don't think there is a flush that would help in real life. but i'm sure they've made up something in arsenal.
Saint Sithney
Well, the arsenal rules for Whitestar (which, for all intents and purposes, is what one might kick up going through a massive chemical disaster area) are that you take 12P after 3CT and then again each hour until you die or are "treated."

just to save some time.
White star has no antidote; treatment involves removing the chemicals from the body as fast as possible.

So, I take that to mean some kind of chemical flush which would render the components inert. I figure old Ozzy might be able to rig up some inhalers and/or some kind of wipes to help cover for the possibility of exposure, provided the exposed party doesn't overflow and die.

Also, what do you think the chances are of dropping by an army/navy store or even just weapons world and buying a few gas masks over the counter? I'm not sure if you want this to be a thing to slow us down a minute or not. I mean, hopefully we're pretty well along for halfway through day 1 of 7..
pbangarth
QUOTE (Saint Sithney @ Sep 25 2010, 07:19 AM) *
I mean, hopefully we're pretty well along for halfway through day 1 of 7..
Oh, you had to say that to the GM, didn't you? frown.gif
Red-ROM
mwahahahaha!

I imagine the old army navy store would have some R1 or R2 respirators. I know the availability rules are a little abstract, but I believe they are there to prevent the "oh, its legal, so I'll just swing by K-mart and pick one up" scenario.

As far as slowing down the game, you made your bed, now lie in it. hehe just kidding. I like the White star angle. I think its adding a lot to the scene. Plus, It will be good for someone who stops posting. Their death is practically already written in to the plot. As far as a chemical flush, do you know anything that neutralizes phosgene gas? I know chlorine can be neutralized with amonia, but I wouldn't put that in an inhaler. I think no antidote means no antidote. all you can do is minimize exposure and get them fresh air. But I don't think you guys are going to go tromping through undisturbed areas without some protection. Amonia will neutralize the chlorine part. I'd take the power rating down for that. Just do what the Brits did and pee in your gas mask smile.gif
Saint Sithney
Well, phosgene breaks down pretty readily in water, so all that would be needed there is a steam treatment along with some weak base to help neutralize the HCl formed as it breaks down. So, I guess a steam bath + ammonia should help keep someone alive after the initial exposure.
Sephiroth
We've been awfully slow today, I've noticed. Where is everybody?
pbangarth
I'm slapping together a quick, little run for some new players I found here, to explain some of the game mechanics.
Acme
I'm here, I'll prolly post tomorrow to keep at 4 days, but I have to wait half an hour for you guys to pick up.
Saint Sithney
QUOTE (Acme @ Sep 25 2010, 09:29 PM) *
I'm here, I'll prolly post tomorrow to keep at 4 days, but I have to wait half an hour for you guys to pick up.

Not really. We've done everything that we need to do and are just wasting time until you show up.
Only thing left to resolve is what happens with the captive.
I don't think that you showing up before that would spoil anything. Really, forcing the issue is the only thing to really move time forward. ROM put you on the scene. It's your business to take it from there.
Sephiroth
QUOTE (Saint Sithney @ Sep 26 2010, 04:42 AM) *
I don't think that you showing up before that would spoil anything. Really, forcing the only thing to really move things forward.

Just be aware that Jovan will not be present when he does show up. He'll either be back in Tacoma, or hiding somewhere else in the warehouse with a spirit ready to pimp slap anyone mischievous enough to try to bother him.
Saint Sithney
There is probably a good deal of underworks in the industrial area. Lots of good places to hide on the other side of a grate.
Acme
The GM had me show up at the half hour later, you guys will have to jog the time up.
pbangarth
I've shut up to give air time to others.
Red-ROM
so where are we at?

Jovan- in a coat closet or something, hiding out?

Acme is making his grand entrance?

The team is planning their next move?

Am I missing anything I need to respond to?
pbangarth
I think Thirty, Ferret and possibly Oswald are in immediate availability to welcome Acme. Professor is squaring Jovan away in a storage room / guest room, whatever, and will join the others soon. Then we can plan. Jovan will be brought up to speed when Professor wakes him.
Sephiroth
EDIT: Nevermind, I'm low on the death clock so I'll post tonight.
Red-ROM
QUOTE (Sephiroth @ Sep 27 2010, 05:51 PM) *
EDIT: Nevermind, I'm low on the death clock so I'll post tonight.

One more day big guy.

pbangarth
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Sep 27 2010, 10:24 PM) *
One more day big guy.
... and we'll stick you where the sun do shine.
Sephiroth
Hey Red-ROM... would you be willing to help me plot for Jovan in the future if I bought Knowledge Skill: Plotting once I got some karma? One of the things that attracted me towards making a nosferatu PC was the nosferatu's tendency towards cunning and plotting, and I think the idea of a mastermind PC that naturally hatches intricate and really intelligent plots is really cool, but as I am finding and previous players of characters smarter than them have found previously, coming up with those kinds of things is extremely difficult without GM assistance. So... I can haz help plz?
pbangarth
I think we're all caught up to Acme's arrival.
Saint Sithney
ACMEEEEEEE!!! You're at 1 daaaaaaay!!!
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (Saint Sithney @ Sep 28 2010, 08:16 AM) *
ACMEEEEEEE!!! You're at 1 daaaaaaay!!!

If Acme turns up dead in Oswald's car, I think Ferret is going to have a panic attack, attempt to flee for his life, or possibly both.
Red-ROM
I think Acme is at 2 days, but still, everyone is kind of waiting on him to get out of the Rover.

I would really appreciate not having to kill anyone right now. I fear it would strain the story and the motivations of the cahracters as well.

@ seph: I could try to work with you if you spend some karma, I know its hard when your character has mental stats higher than you do. I have a Face in another thread that hasn't really made the best first impression. that being said, your character is not actually superior to the group just because he thinks he is.
Acme
Aye aye, I'm comin. nyahnyah.gif Sorry, I just came off an 8 day work week so my day coming off of work kinda was just my brain switching off.
Sephiroth
@Red-ROM- Yes, I know. I'm just saying that plotting quasi-maniacally and outthinking his enemies is supposed to be Jovan's job as a nosferatu.

From Running Wild:

Nosferatu
Nosferatu are humans Infected with the extremely rare
Bruckner-Langer strain of HMHVV I. Like vampires, they consume
blood to live, but unlike vampires, they can eat other food
if they so desire. Also unlike vampires, they have a harder time
blending in with humanity. They lose all of their body and facial
hair, their incisors and canines grow sharper and much more
pronounced, and their skin becomes very pale. They also appear
emaciated and gaunt.
They are all but exclusively nocturnal. They are highly intelligent,
cunning, and patient. Nosferatu are generally able to
outthink and outwait their enemies.

Emphasis mine. And Jovan should be a little smarter than a typical nosferatu NPC, as his Logic and Intuition are both one point higher than the same listed stats for nosferatu NPC's (all mental attributes at 5).
Saint Sithney
I don't see why you guys keep saying that the rover is uncomfortable. It has lvl 2 high amenaties. That's like ultraleather seats with autosculpting back support and personalized environmental controls. It's just missing the driver's seat because that's where my Rigger Cocoon is supposed to sit. I ripped that out for the blimp and haven't had the 12+ hours needed to fit it back in. Other than that, it's pretty damn cush..
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (Saint Sithney @ Sep 28 2010, 10:03 PM) *
I don't see why you guys keep saying that the rover is uncomfortable. It has lvl 2 high amenaties. That's like ultraleather seats with autosculpting back support and personalized environmental controls. It's just missing the driver's seat because that's where my Rigger Cocoon is supposed to sit. I ripped that out for the blimp and haven't had the 12+ hours needed to fit it back in. Other than that, it's pretty damn cush..

Acme was probably sitting where the driver's seat should be. Shamans tend not to be any good with tech. wink.gif
Acme
Hey hey, I'm just going off what ROM said. But Not is mostly correct too. nyahnyah.gif
pbangarth
QUOTE (Saint Sithney @ Sep 28 2010, 03:03 PM) *
Aww... is somebody feeling hurt over the way people are talking about hims little truck?

(Actually, I like to have a Rover for a lot of my PCs. Another incarnation of Professor had one.)
Acme
That's ok, if Oz keeps opening his mouth, Acme's gonna find a way to make the Rover not work anymore. nyahnyah.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012