Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Post or Die!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50
pbangarth
Presumably the new GM would be able to get the mission info from Red-ROM?
Saint Sithney
It's really hard to find players as versed in mechanics and as immersed in the world as you crew.

I wanna GM at you so bad. frown.gif
Warlordtheft
I sent Red-Rom a PM on the 12th, to see what was up. I haven't heard back yet.
pbangarth
QUOTE (Saint Sithney @ Jan 15 2012, 06:15 AM) *
It's really hard to find players as versed in mechanics and as immersed in the world as you crew.

I wanna GM at you so bad. frown.gif

Thanks, big guy. It would be great to have you as GM, but a real loss to go without Oswald.
pbangarth
Well, having said that, I really would like Professor's story to continue. I've been trying for years.

I mean, come on guys, his arch nemesis, Blind Man, is the guy who killed off Claudia in the old Virtual Seattle campaign ( I was a part-time writer then). Wouldn't you like to be part of the team that finally hunts him down? Imagine your rep in the Seattle shadows!
Notsoevildm
I'm certainly keen to continue Ferret's story. Who knows, one day he might actually become a decent hacker and move out of his van.

Warlordtheft
Same here, I'm keen to see Zo's transformation from gutter punk to runner.

BTW-Red-Rom has not been to DS since November (before thanksgiving).
Sephiroth
I'm of a similar mind. I want to see Jovan become more useful sooo badly, and he needs Masking and a few other things to be able to do that and be more than just a shut-in. I want to see him grow, whether into a slightly more ethical person a la Dexter or into more of a predatory arrogant asshole.

I guess we have two main options right now: either we let Sithney step in to GM if he so desires, or we look for a new person willing to GM a game that already started. The second option would let us keep Oswald easily enough, but Sithney has been in this game since the beginning and would be able to pick things up much much quicker than a fresh GM. What are everyone's thoughts?
Notsoevildm
I think it would be great if the crazy old man became our fixer / patron. He has a place we can meet up / hangout and would still have plenty of time to bitch and whine at us in person or via his drones. We're a pretty dysfunctional group already and one that gets it's runs via Oz's mission control would be the icing on the cake.
pbangarth
Geez! The whole team under the direction of Oz's focused, razor-sharp mind? Heaven help us!

Sounds great!
Saint Sithney
Oh, man. I could probably do this now that work is slowing down again.

Give me a week to put some things together and I'll do a roll-call to see who's game to continue.
Notsoevildm
Ferret is still bravely hiding in the burned out bar far from the action.
pbangarth
And Professor courageously covers his flank.
Warlordtheft
And Zo his hosing down gouls....while fighting the shakes.
Saint Sithney
Well, I haven't yet found a way to bypass the company's new internet policy to get at my books from work, but I can guarantee that I'll update more than ROM has been.

So, if you're good to go, I'm good to limp after you.
pbangarth
I'm ready, and you have my utmost confidence, SS.
Sephiroth
Ready and waiting, yo.
Saint Sithney
Has anyone messaged Seth? He's been around very recently, but his inbox is full...
pbangarth
Seth has had to back out of GMing here on DS. I hope he can still play.
Saint Sithney
{ALRIGHT, READY!}

Ghouls! 6 of 'em!
One was knocked down by suppressive fire in CT1 action. Was finished off by Zo (in CT2 IP2 SA2 action.)
One was knocked down by AR (Zo CT2 IP1 SA1) fire and then killed (Zo CT2 IP1 SA2)
One was missed by Jade's elemental's elemetal attack (Jade CT1 IP1 CA) Killed by sniper fire (OZ CT2 IP2 CA)
One was killed by sniper fire. (OZ CT2 IP 1 CA)
One was shot by AR fire while in melee and torn to pieces (Zo CT2 IP2 SA1)
One was punched to death (Jade CT2 IP2 CA)

Two dogs howl.
Begin CT2 IP3

[THIS IS NOW THE IMMUTABLE ORDER OF EVENTS! THUS SPEAKS THE GAMES MASTER!]

This sound right to everybody?
pbangarth
Woohoo! Damn straight it does! Bring it on!
Notsoevildm
From the safety of his hiding spot, Ferret echoes the Prof, "Bring it!"
Saint Sithney
Current situation:
Under the streets 2 Barghests are chasing Jovan deeper into the abandoned complex. Jovan has a speed advantage such that, at walking rate, he is 10x faster then the dog's running rate. The surviving ghouls are still in the garage with the bus as of last check, but may have moved.

On the streets, the dogs sprinted through the upper storage room (from the north passage to the underground) and jumped on Jade, who is just outside of the storage room, on the other side of a garage-type access door on the south side of the room. Zo is inside the storage room at the top of a short flight of maybe 6 stairs and a railing where there is an exit door right next to him to the west. The exit door is open. He has a direct line of sight to the dogs.

In the bar, Professor and Ferret are south west of the garage door where Jade is being savaged. They can see the creatres about 50m away.

In the sky, the Kull loaded with WP and HE grenades is circling in a tight pattern. The Tower is floating several hundred meters away to the east. Oswald is locked up tight in the toppled Roadmaster roughly 1km away.
almost normal
Hey folks. Outsider here. The thead topic suggets you still accept new players? Is this the case?

If so, I assume it'll be a bit till the current conflict is resolved. Is there any archetype that needs filling on this team?
Warlordtheft
First short burst into dog 1:
11 Dice: 9 From Skill and Attribute +2 from smartlink:
11d6.hits(5) → [4,6,2,2,1,3,5,3,6,4,4] = (3)
3 hits (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3407377/)
Base damage is 7P (10P with burst, AP-2, ), Max damage 12P

Second short burst into dog 2:
10 Dice: 9 From Skill and Attributes +2 from smartlink-1 for Recoil:
10d6.hits(5) → [2,2,4,6,5,6,3,4,2,5] = (4)
4 hits (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3407388/)
Base damage is 10P AP-2, ), Max damage 13P, AP-2
Glyph
QUOTE (almost normal @ Mar 8 2012, 12:16 PM) *
Hey folks. Outsider here. The thead topic suggets you still accept new players? Is this the case?

If so, I assume it'll be a bit till the current conflict is resolved. Is there any archetype that needs filling on this team?

Actually, Void is next on the list for new players, followed by Ferrman, Ammulder's character. That is assuming the game is still taking new players - the "post or die" part isn't really going on any more. I didn't post anything because I figured any new characters wouldn't be introduced to the game until the end of this current arc.
Saint Sithney
Well, we're trying to work this with me taking over as GM. As such I'm going to move Oswald into the background much more.

That means, with Jade dead and Oz stepping down as an active member, that there should be two positions opening up for sure. One now, which Glyph can fill, and one later which is Anmulder's if he wants in.

The current situation, once resolved, spells a major hump that we've gotten over, but it's not the end of the run. Run doesn't end until there's money in hand (or the team decides to keep the loot,) and there are still several major players on the board..
pbangarth
Well, it's extreme range for his Predator, but Professor is decidedly not in a pacifist mood at the moment, seeing as Jade is being eaten in front of his eyes. He knows it is of no use, but he has to try to draw them off her...

First shot at Hound 1: AGI 5 + Pistol 1(3) + smartlink 2 - range 3 = 7 dice ==> 3 HITS ! Base DV 5P AP -1

Second shot at Hound 2: 7 - 1 = 6 dice ==> 1 HIT Base DV 5P AP -1
Saint Sithney
Reminder for Init.

initiative:
Archer=16/ 2 passes
ZO = 11/ 3 passes (because of -4 reaction)
Jovan=15/ 3passess
alpha dog= 12
other dogs = 11 to 13
Oswald 14/3 passes
Ferret's init: 10, 1 pass

Prof ought to join in the fun, initiative-wise.
Notsoevildm
Ferret's init: 8 + 8d6.hits(5)=2 = 10, 1 pass

8d6.hits(5) → [6,4,5,4,2,1,2,3] = (2)
Saint Sithney
Zo's fire
Dog 1 gets 1 hit on dodge - 2 net
Dog 2 gets 1 hit on dodge - 2 net (war, you forgot the -2 for a 2nd target in a pass.)
Dog one soaks down to 8P and is knocked over
Dog two soaks to 9P and is knocked over
Serious wound penalty - losing blood: character will continue to take damage every [body/2] combat turns.

Professor's fire
Dog 1 gets 2 hits on dodge - 1 net
Dog 2 gets 1 hit on dodge - shot misses
Dog 1 soaks down to 5P - dies.
Warlordtheft
QUOTE (Saint Sithney @ Mar 9 2012, 03:14 PM) *
Zo's fire
Dog 1 gets 1 hit on dodge - 2 net
Dog 2 gets 1 hit on dodge - 2 net (war, you forgot the -2 for a 2nd target in a pass.)
Dog one soaks down to 8P and is knocked over
Dog two soaks to 9P and is knocked over
Serious wound penalty - losing blood: character will continue to take damage every [body/2] combat turns.

Professor's fire
Dog 1 gets 2 hits on dodge - 1 net
Dog 2 gets 1 hit on dodge - shot misses
Dog 1 soaks down to 5P - dies.

My apologies---Usually AFB when posting so I might forget a few modifiers like that. I am assuming you'll just take it off the back end if we miss or are unaware of something (that's how Red-Rom was handling it).
pbangarth
QUOTE (Saint Sithney @ Mar 9 2012, 02:39 PM) *
Reminder for Init.

initiative:
Archer=16/ 2 passes
ZO = 11/ 3 passes (because of -4 reaction)
Jovan=15/ 3passess
alpha dog= 12
other dogs = 11 to 13
Oswald 14/3 passes
Ferret's init: 10, 1 pass

Prof ought to join in the fun, initiative-wise.

OK, I'll show some retroactive initiative here:

REA 5 + INT 9 = 14 ==> 3 HITS = 17 / 1 pass
Sephiroth
1st pass: Order the air elemental to assist in combat against Archer et al - simple action. 2 services left.
2nd pass: Fear on dog 1. Will 3 + Mag 6 (7?) + Power focus 3 (4?) = 12d6 = [1,5,6,5,2,3,1,5,1,3,2,4] = 4 hits
3rd pass: free action to astrally walk along the ceiling of the tunnel (I don't know if that's subject to an Intercept, Saint) so that Jovan is now behind the dogs and the elemental is in front of them. Influence on 1st barghest to make it believe that this intruder cannot be scared away by Fear: Mag 6 (7?) + Charisma 4 + Power focus 3 (4?) = 13d6 = [1,6,2,6,6,5,2,4,3,2,6,5,1] = 6 hits

Since (as you might have guessed from the above) I'm not sure whether Jovan and the spirit are still inside a background count, I'll leave the spirit's initiative up to you, Saint.
Saint Sithney
QUOTE (Warlordtheft @ Mar 9 2012, 12:35 PM) *
My apologies---Usually AFB when posting so I might forget a few modifiers like that. I am assuming you'll just take it off the back end if we miss or are unaware of something (that's how Red-Rom was handling it).

Have done. If everyone else would go ahead and post the full, verbose dice I'd appreciate it.
I can't access the Invisible Castle site from work, so I have to wait until I get home before I check the rolls.
It slows things down quite a bit.
Saint Sithney
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Mar 9 2012, 09:20 PM) *
OK, I'll show some retroactive initiative here:

REA 5 + INT 9 = 14 ==> 3 HITS = 17 / 1 pass

Intuition of 9? What up with that?
Sephiroth
QUOTE (Saint Sithney @ Mar 11 2012, 03:33 PM) *
Have done. If everyone else would go ahead and post the full, verbose dice I'd appreciate it.
I can't access the Invisible Castle site from work, so I have to wait until I get home before I check the rolls.
It slows things down quite a bit.

Edited my post above. I'll just give the dice numbers instead of the link from now on then.

edit: And since I'm on right now, I'll just give you pbangarth's roll as well: [5,6,4,4,3,4,4,1,4,3,4,4,6,4] = (3)
Saint Sithney
QUOTE (Sephiroth @ Mar 10 2012, 12:41 PM) *
1st pass: Order the air elemental to assist in combat against Archer et al - simple action. 2 services left.
2nd pass: Fear on dog 1. Will 3 + Mag 6 (7?) + Power focus 3 (4?) = 12d6 = 4 hits
3rd pass: free action to astrally walk along the ceiling of the tunnel (I don't know if that's subject to an Intercept, Saint) so that Jovan is now behind the dogs and the elemental is in front of them. Influence on 1st barghest to make it believe that this intruder cannot be scared away by Fear: Mag 6 (7?) + Charisma 4 + Power focus 3 (4?) = 13d6 = 6 hits

Since (as you might have guessed from the above) I'm not sure whether Jovan and the spirit are still inside a background count, I'll leave the spirit's initiative up to you, Saint.

IP1:
Air Elemental's init = 15 + 5 = 20 It moves into melee range of dog 2 and uses Fear: 12d6.hits(5) → [6,3,5,6,5,1,5,3,4,2,4,5] = (6) Dog resists: 5 net hits. Dog flees for 5 turns.
Dog 1 attacks the air spirit 9d6.hits(5) → [3,6,6,4,4,5,4,1,2] = (3) dodge: 12d6.hits(5) → [1,1,3,1,3,1,3,5,2,5,6,2] = (3) Tie goes to defender.
Dog 2 uses two simples to sprint away. Uses free action to hit the fleeing dog. 12d6.hits(5) → [4,5,3,4,4,1,4,6,6,2,6,3] = (4) dog dodges: 9d6.hits(5) → [4,4,5,2,2,6,5,2,5] = (4). same.

IP2:
Air Elemental: attacks Dog 1: 12d6.hits(5) → [2,2,6,3,1,1,3,2,6,3,2,6] = (3) dodge 9d6.hits(5) → [6,4,1,1,5,3,6,5,5] = (5) miss.
Jovan's Fear happens: No hits no glitch - 4 net on the Fear.
Dog 1 sprints for the next 4 CTs. Air elemental takes a free action to hit. 12d6.hits(5) → [6,6,1,1,5,2,3,1,4,2,2,3] = (3) dodge: 9d6.hits(5) → [3,5,6,2,2,2,5,4,4] = (3) what an epic slap-fight...
Dog 2 continues sprinting away

IP3:
Elemental attacks Dog 1 from behind. 14d6.hits(5) → [1,1,6,6,5,1,3,2,4,5,5,4,4,6] = (6) defense 9d6.hits(5) → [1,3,4,2,5,6,1,4,6] = (3) 3 net. dog resists 6DV 7d6.hits(5) → [4,3,4,6,5,4,6] = (3) down to 3P
Jovan's 3rd is up. I suspect you won't want to use influence at this stage.

Any time you move into melee range and don't engage, the opposing can take an interrupt free action to melee you. This counts for if you walk up on someone and try to shoot them too...
Saint Sithney
Oh snap, forgot Oz.
Sensor 6 +3 gunnery +2 codeslinger +2 hot sim +2 smartlink +1 comm opt -3 long range = 13d6.hits(5) → [4,5,6,2,2,2,3,3,5,4,5,3,2] = (4) dodge 6-2-2= 2d6.hits(5) → [4,3] = (0) soaking 13P 7d6.hits(5) → [5,4,2,3,5,1,3] = (2) 11P. Dog 2 is dead.

Alright, it's Ferret's go.

the alpha dog is still alive and well...
pbangarth
QUOTE (Saint Sithney @ Mar 11 2012, 04:35 PM) *
Intuition of 9? What up with that?

Professor has Living Focus to maintain a spell on himself, and covers the -2 penalty with Heightened Concentration. Somebody (? I could search if you really want me to?), a few pages back, cast Increase [Intuition] on him to raise it to 9. He's keeping that on himself as it seems to be quite useful!

EDIT: It was Jade. Hmm... I think the fact that Professor is himself sustaining the spell keeps it going despite the fact that Jade the caster is now lunch for a monster.
Saint Sithney
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Mar 11 2012, 03:39 PM) *
EDIT: It was Jade. Hmm... I think the fact that Professor is himself sustaining the spell keeps it going despite the fact that Jade the caster is now lunch for a monster.

Yeah, that was my conundrum.

My initial instinct was to say that Jade dies and all her spirits and spells are gone, but the Living Focus power takes responsibility for sustaining the spell away from the caster.

Hmmm...
Professor is magic. The spell is magic. Magic on both sides of the equation means that rationality is forfeit. No real reason Professor can't sustain the spell beyond the original caster's death.
pbangarth
Thanks, big guy. I'd been waiting through a number of magicians for one who could cast a spell worth sustaining, until finally Jade came along. Frankly, aside from her utility to Professor, I was looking forward to having her in the party.
Warlordtheft
BTW-Do we want to start another OOC thread (OOC Post or Die PT2-Saint Sithney Takes over) since the Saint can't update the death list or the chapter section?
Saint Sithney
I could just move that stuff to post 2 for now.

Going to go ahead and assume ferret's holding his action since a MP isn't going to have range enough to engage without charging the dogs.

On to IP2

I'm going to have the Alpha Dog use Edge to go first. Anyone want to match that?
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (Saint Sithney @ Mar 14 2012, 03:07 AM) *
Going to go ahead and assume ferret's holding his action since a MP isn't going to have range enough to engage without charging the dogs.
Ferret will hold, he is not charging the dogs. He will take aim on the Alpha dog.
Warlordtheft
QUOTE (Saint Sithney @ Mar 13 2012, 10:07 PM) *
I could just move that stuff to post 2 for now.

On to IP2

I'm going to have the Alpha Dog use Edge to go first. Anyone want to match that?

We just finnished up to Combat turn 2, IP3 right? Does anyone have a 4th or are we going to the start of a new combat turn?
pbangarth
Professor has no actions left this combat turn.
Sephiroth
Jovan will use his 3rd IP to immobilize Dog 1 so that the air elemental can finish dealing with it. Compulsion: Char 4 + Magic 7 (6) + Power Focus 4 (3) = 13d6.hits = [1,6,4,3,3,1,4,5,3,2,3,3,3] = (2) well bleh.
Saint Sithney
QUOTE (Warlordtheft @ Mar 14 2012, 07:18 AM) *
We just finnished up to Combat turn 2, IP3 right? Does anyone have a 4th or are we going to the start of a new combat turn?

Oh, sorry. I just ended CT2 when the last ghoul died.
The first turn with the dogs was supposed to be CT1 of a new combat, or CT3 of the old.
Saint Sithney
QUOTE (Sephiroth @ Mar 15 2012, 02:24 PM) *
Jovan will use his 3rd IP to immobilize Dog 1 so that the air elemental can finish dealing with it. Compulsion: Char 4 + Magic 7 (6) + Power Focus 4 (3) = 13d6.hits = [1,6,4,3,3,1,4,5,3,2,3,3,3] = (2) well bleh.

One hit on resist.
Dog stops. Neither dog has a 3rd pass.
CT2 begins, let's just keep the initiative rolled earlier.

ghostie gets 6 hits on 15 dice
dog soaks 9P down to 7P temporarily loses consciousness from serious spirit wound.
10P total
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012