Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Post or Die!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50
pbangarth
Professor is working on what data he has, not on information his player knows.
Seth
As far as hearing goes, you certainly cannot hear the real world. Pbangarth is correct through communication occurs. Interesting question about language...is it mental...ah if only the game designers had considered these questions smile.gif. I tend to play it similar to the real world otherwise my brain hurts.
Warlordtheft
QUOTE (Seth @ Jul 28 2011, 02:16 AM) *
As far as hearing goes, you certainly cannot hear the real world. Pbangarth is correct through communication occurs. Interesting question about language...is it mental...ah if only the game designers had considered these questions smile.gif. I tend to play it similar to the real world otherwise my brain hurts.

I've always assumed that it involves language of some sort.
Notsoevildm
Will get a post up tonight but it looks like we might have to take out the drone physically.
Seth
Will get a post up tonight but it looks like we might have to take out the drone physically.

Well hopefully we will ignore it
Sephiroth
@Red-ROM: lol it's alright. The things I wanted to ask Zayne I wrote down OOC, but were only alluded to IC because of a small misunderstanding. I'll go find it and post it again tonight with my IC post. IIRC one of the things I wanted to ask was something along the lines of where Zayne heard about this job in the first place.

RE: hearing, like the others have said, it's a gray area. Language is a barrier in the astral, just like in the physical, but astral forms can still communicate via language. Obviously they'd be struck more by the emotional content than the actual words. There are some things that are affected when one manifests, though. You CAN eavesdrop from the astral via manifestation, I think it was even an example in SM, but it's the thing with emotional content>word details again.
Sephiroth
Questions for Zayne
Notsoevildm
IP 1: Attack agent using edge: (11d6.hitsopen(5,6)=5)
IP 2: Scan for drone node: 9d6.hits(5)=5
IP 3: Continue scan if 5 hits is not enough or spoof it to shut down for maintenance if he finds it: 9d6.hits(5)=2
Red-ROM
Agent defense: response 4 + Firewall 4(+4) = 6 hits

IP 1: Agent Attack (normal Attack program) = 2 hits

IP 2: You find drone, Agent attack = hmm, Invis. castle is not responding now, rolling real dice... 2 hits
Seth
The less cautious one drove her recently stolen motorcycle

Yes you have assessed the situation correctly. Buy a motorbike? If I do that it will just get stolen.
Seth
@Warlord Theft
Lol. Any jokes about "Taking a tiger by the tail" and ... !

@Red-ROM
Just like Brave Sir Robin we are legging it into the Annex. Hopefully we won't be running away! Could you give us a rough idea of what we can see?

Warlordtheft
@Seth: Zo is a 19 year old ork, ganger with no formal education, would you expect anything less?
Notsoevildm
Dodge attack: Reaction 2 + Firewall 6 = 1 hit - oh dear!

Resist damage: Will 3 + Armor/Biofeedback filter 3 = 2 hits - this is gonna hurt!

(Rolls made in Invisible Castle but can't work out how to copy/paste in new tablet)

Seth
@NotSoEvil
The way I cut and paste is to click in the place at the top of the browser that tells you where you are (e.g. now its forums.dumpshock.com/...) press CtrlA and CtrlC. That selects the line and copies it to the clipboard.

You are lucky: it isn't going to hurt just yet. Detect Enemies has merely said that there are enemies coming. You think you have at least one combat rounds to prepare.
pbangarth
I've lost sight of where the various groups are. Can someone bring me up to date using the "Cross Site" map as reference? I'd like to get Professor into some action (Fool!), but I don't think he can get to where the action is before it will be over.
pbangarth
The ambush idea sounds good to me.
pbangarth
triangulating for the bike:

INT 9 + Navigation 1 = 10 dice ==> 4 HITS
Red-ROM
hey fellas. I feel crazy behind here. I wanted to draw up a map this weekend, but I didn't have time. I guess I'll just try to describe things and you guys can ask questions as needed.

@ Ferret: the agent has a R3 attack program, and hits you with 4 damage, but I think logging off takes care of that.

@ Pban: You've got a good idea where the bike is, but its in the opposite direction of everything else. I assume you went to the light pole in the Astral?
Red-ROM
another thing: The -1 background count seems to be forgotten. I changed it up once to avoid major post changes, and I guess I'll do it again because it's easier than the alternative, but in the future, could we work on writing it back in. I've got watcher spirits running around everywhere.
pbangarth
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Aug 8 2011, 08:53 PM) *
@ Pban: You've got a good idea where the bike is, but its in the opposite direction of everything else. I assume you went to the light pole in the Astral?

Professor can't project, if that's what you mean. He can perceive astrally, though, such as after having climbed a lamppost. I didn't actually think of an astral search for the bike... just piecing together the messages and sounds from the various interactions. Hence the Navigation roll. Couldn't think of anything else... though now I think I might have tried to throw in some Analytics, etc.

How far away is the bike?
Seth
@RedROM
Sorry about the background count.

@Pbangarth
Professor gets as high as he can on some lampposts

Dog DNA? I thought you were a dwarf... Jade can provide some more traditional narcotics if you want.

Notsoevildm
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Aug 9 2011, 02:53 AM) *
@ Ferret: the agent has a R3 attack program, and hits you with 4 damage, but I think logging off takes care of that.

Ferret's icon still takes the damage. But that can be repaired quickly once he is back in his head.
pbangarth
QUOTE (Seth @ Aug 9 2011, 03:52 AM) *
@Pbangarth

Dog DNA? I thought you were a dwarf... Jade can provide some more traditional narcotics if you want.

notworthy.gif
Seth
Ferret, ya wanta watch da rear?

You can look but you can't touch
pbangarth
You're in a mood, Seth.
pbangarth
I'm too lazy to look back through the posts. Is the bike Jade's or one just 'appropriated' by her?
Seth
It was appropriated
pbangarth
Note that it's 12:00 AM, not pm.
Red-ROM
12:00 AM, Edge has been refreshed!
Saint Sithney
@pbangarth I just know you were hitting on Strawberry earlier, waiting for that line to come up.

Temple of Doom is the bizness.
pbangarth
I'm just glad someone noticed his heritage.
Sephiroth
Haha.

Shadowing the ghouls: Intuition 6 + Shadowing 1 = 7d6 = 2 hits
Warlordtheft
@Red-ROM: Just wanted to know if I am getting this right. The door Jade just peeked around, is it a normal door or is it a garage/cargo bay type door? From the description it sounds like it would be a normal door.
Red-ROM
@Warlord: yes, I think Jade is at the normal door for people, at the top of the stairs. To the left are loading bays with garage doors that start 10 feet off the ground. To the right, are 2 garage type doors that go to the ground. also, the desk inside the door is like a security counter with the bullet proof glass. I'm not sure if I was clear on that.
pbangarth
Professor perceiving astrally ... generally looking to see whatever.

INT 9 + Perception 5 = 14 dice ==> 5 HITS
Seth
@Pbangarth
Nice touch on the addiction, hope you don't mind the reply: its aimed at the prof, not at you.
pbangarth
IC is IC, buddy.
Notsoevildm
@RED-ROM:

Assuming the terminal is active, Ferret is basically hacking it the old fashioned way. Strangely enough if this would be a hacking + logic test, he would actually be rather good at it, if somewhat slow (effectively using AR mode). I suspect modifiers may apply for the system being ancient, but here is an initial roll to get access to the terminal.

Hacking 4 + Logic 6 = 10d6.hits(5)=4
Seth
<<Doffs his cap at RedRom>>. Truely this is a dark future and we are in it.

Fortunately at the moment we are not the main course, and I plan on dealing with the dinners. Jade may not be a Paladin, but this is gross.

Sephiroth
QUOTE (Seth @ Aug 17 2011, 10:35 AM) *
<<Doffs his cap at RedRom>>. Truely this is a dark future and we are in it.

Fortunately at the moment we are not the main course, and I plan on dealing with the dinners. Jade may not be a Paladin, but this is gross.

Yeah, it is pretty sick. I imagine Jovan has probably done things equally or more twisted to people he decided he didn't like, though, so I can't really help with that IC. Them nosferatus can be pretty cold and fragged up in the head, they can. In any case, I'm still slowly making progress on putting together a nosferatu-y master plot to outthink and outmaneuver all the people who currently/will bear ill intentions towards us, and I think this could be an ideal opportunity to arrange for some backup assistance against the Vipers et al.
Warlordtheft
It happens in the barrens all the time, I kinda of worked Zo's background into that with his sister getting chowed on. Imagine the PTSD of an 8 year old who saw his younger siters get torn to shreds.....suprised he doesn't have an addiction yet.

This will be interesting.....

pbangarth
Nice adlib with the commlink channel, Saint. I was wondering how Professor was going to learn what was going on in there.
pbangarth
Here's a few Perception Tests for detecting more trouble:

INT 9 + Perception 5 = 14 dice ==> 5,1,7 HITS

Here's a Perception Test for finding what Professor is looking for:

INT 9 + Perception 5 + specific thing 3 = 17 dice ==> 9 HITS

... whoa!
Sephiroth
Sorry for the lengthy post.

To be perfectly honest, I'm a little surprised myself at how well what I spoke of IC would actually work.

@Red-ROM: Did that watcher ever manage to find Zayne before it faded away, btw? I imagine that some extra background information on Johnathan would be rather helpful to have before Jovan walks into this.
Also an assensing test on the scene, specifically to figure out whether the infected man mentioned is actually a ghoul or some other HMHVV type that Jovan hasn't seen before, and to get a read on the power of those dogs: Intuition 6 + Assensing 2 - Background count 1 = 7d6 = 0 hits?!?!

Should I edge that?
Seth
I'm not quite sure how to proceed.

I'm afraid I don't have a good feel for the layout. I have the feeling that we are in an antechamber peering into a large area. Neither of which are where Jovan found the ghouls. The bus came in somewhere and is leaving somewhere... I'm not quite sure whether it came through the area we are in or not.

Jovan is talking about dealing with the ghouls, which I am emotionally against, even though I agree it could work. I suspect though that they would just eat us as a security measure: they don't want people knowing where they are. Some sort of Matrix time delayed delivery mechanism with information on their location might be a weak protection against that. To be honest they look like "crazed cultists", and they I don't think they behave rationally.

I'm happy to dungeon crawl into the mission, but that seems to negate the blimp's advantage. (although a running retreat is possible).

So...while typing this I thought a lot about it, and I think the simplest thing to do is to advance into the area, covered with big guns, and try and draw the ghouls out. If Jovan wants to negotiate with them: just tell me IC and I'll withdraw. (Jade isn't aware of the Jovan conversation)

@Jovan
We are out of sync again. The rest of us are on 12:12. You're on 12:02.
Notsoevildm
Some rolls to logon as user after loading progs onto terminal. Just using Hacking (4) + Exploit (3): 7d6.hits(5)=4, 7d6.hits(5)=3, 7d6.hits(5)=2, 7d6.hits(5)=2, 7d6.hits(5)=3
Sephiroth
QUOTE (Seth @ Aug 19 2011, 01:38 AM) *
Jovan is talking about dealing with the ghouls, which I am emotionally against, even though I agree it could work. I suspect though that they would just eat us as a security measure: they don't want people knowing where they are. Some sort of Matrix time delayed delivery mechanism with information on their location might be a weak protection against that. To be honest they look like "crazed cultists", and they I don't think they behave rationally.
If Jovan wants to negotiate with them: just tell me IC and I'll withdraw. (Jade isn't aware of the Jovan conversation)

@Jovan
We are out of sync again. The rest of us are on 12:12. You're on 12:02.

@Seth: I wrote my last post with the assumption that Oswald would be forwarding that information to everyone else. It is reasonable to assume that everyone is aware of stuff happening on Jovan's end when he tells Oswald about it (except when he says not to repeat something), especially since, to Jade and everyone else physically in the Annex, that conversation b/w Jovan and Oswald happened ten minutes ago. =/ I will point out, however, that even if we fail in this stab at negotiation, we'll probably still win. Unless Red-ROM decides to throw a major wrench into the works that's so big that I can't adjust well enough to keep the plan on course.

Yeah, this seems to happen commonly when astrally scouting. Just wait until we move IC to the morning, and I have to spend another month and a half or so doing dream posts to stay alive. *shrug* wobble.gif

Red-ROM
QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Aug 17 2011, 04:30 AM) *
@RED-ROM:

Assuming the terminal is active, Ferret is basically hacking it the old fashioned way. Strangely enough if this would be a hacking + logic test, he would actually be rather good at it, if somewhat slow (effectively using AR mode). I suspect modifiers may apply for the system being ancient, but here is an initial roll to get access to the terminal.

Hacking 4 + Logic 6 = 10d6.hits(5)=4

according to SR3, using a cyber terminal instead of a deck reduces all programs by 1, and cannot have a system higher than 4. There really wasn't AR in the 60's.. so what you are attempting is using the terminal's Icon instead of your own. This will take more hand waving, but I think -1 to programs and a system rating of 4 will work. also, since you aren't adapting your persona, we'll drop the -1 response. And of course, no black IC damage wink.gif
As for hacking into the system, I'll go with your hack + logic (4 hits will do it) to get you into the terminal and load your programs, but you'll have to use the terminal's Icon to hack into the rest of the system.
again, 4 hits is enough, but the system got 3 hits which is enough to set off the alert against your "R2" stealth program.
Red-ROM
@ seth: sorry for the lack of maps, the bay doors to the rigt is the obvious entrance for vehicles. where it goes is unknown at this point. this is a large warehouse and sort of dungeon like.

@ sephiroth: as a GM, I'm all wrenches biggrin.gif

edit: Zayne has seen the fat man working in Okinawa. He didn't have the woman with him at the time. he didn't give any details to his interaction with the Johnson, but it was the fat man that put him in touch with the blond woman to get you on the team. As far as Johnathan goes, He has heard him recruiting before. he suposedly had a good place for feral ghouls in the barrens. Zayne thought it sounded fishy, but didn't really care. This was months ago.
pbangarth
I'm going to be away from computer till late Monday night, or Tuesday. I'm hoping Professor's study of the ambush site will come up with a good location to set up a cross-fire. If shit hits the fan before I get back on, assume he will cover teammates retreating from the building.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012