Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Post or Die!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50
Red-ROM
@ Jovan: the merc got 0 hits, consider him bound (which I notice is not completely incapacitated, but pretty close)
pbangarth
"I dislike conversing with unnamed food." I love it!
Sephiroth
biggrin.gif
Red-ROM
@ Saint: which com are you trying to get into? the one he was using , or the one in the bag?
Saint Sithney
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Jan 11 2011, 05:40 PM) *
@ Saint: which com are you trying to get into? the one he was using , or the one in the bag?

Oh, neither. I've got the one from the bag, but I've no intention to turn it on. I don't have any hacking skill anyway, just the agent.

Just seemed like an easy lie to explain why I'd be abandoning my vehicle and going into VR. The VR is just so that I can keep an eye on my drones.
Red-ROM
ahhhhhh. kewl
pbangarth
Viper 5 is a brave man. I'd be ... well, incontinent.
Sephiroth
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Jan 12 2011, 01:07 AM) *
Viper 5 is a brave man. I'd be ... well, incontinent.

Well, he was the Viper who started the fight with the Stilettos at Twisters, according to Strawberry. He seems rather confident in his hardcore mercenary talents.

Using Influence power to make Viper 5 believe that the rest of the Vipers have betrayed and abandoned him to this 'monster,' which will hopefully counteract his loyalty to them for the moment and make getting info on them from him easier:
Magic 7 + Charisma 4 + Power Focus 4 - Stun Modifier 1 - Sustaining Penalty 2 = 12d6 = 5 hits

Unless he has the dice luck of that roof Oswald shot through back at Twisters, that roll should work nicely against the guy.
Red-ROM
damn, my laziness has caused some inconsistency. I didn't want to dredge through the old posts, so I picked a number I thought I hadn't used, and of course its the one number I did use. The only real problem is that viper 5 was an ork, and this guy is human. I should write this stuff down or something.
Sephiroth
Well, the inconsistency IS just a number, really. I'm fine with editing the number if you want to change it as well.
Red-ROM
I'm gonna edit the old post to a different number, i think. not too big a deal.

@ Notso: you should be dead now. I'm giving you an extra day buddy.

I'm a little behind here. I've been working 12 hour days and trying to buy a second house.
Notsoevildm
Eeek! Totally missed that. Will post when I get home tonight.
J. Packer
QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Jan 13 2011, 06:17 AM) *
Eeek! Totally missed that. Will post when I get home tonight.

Feel free to jump in on our conversation while I'm traveling.
Red-ROM
hooray! everyone is alive! roll initiative.
(just kidding, although any aggressive action at this point will be cause for hexes to appear beneath your feet)
Sephiroth
It was a good thing to correct, but after Ms. Johnson's earlier messages got changed from @YachtCLub to @Oswald, none of us were actually told about the truce except for Oswald...

Also, I still have three (I think it's all three) watchers surrounding the van, at least one of which is under orders to watch out for more unexpected astral forms.
Red-ROM
QUOTE (Sephiroth @ Jan 13 2011, 10:23 PM) *
It was a good thing to correct, but after Ms. Johnson's earlier messages got changed from @YachtCLub to @Oswald, none of us were actually told about the truce except for Oswald...

Also, I still have three (I think it's all three) watchers surrounding the van, at least one of which is under orders to watch out for more unexpected astral forms.

I remember, but you are down the street in an alley right?

edit:
you are correct about the comm call , and the lack of knowlege on the truce, but still, that's not everyone's perspective.
Sephiroth
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Jan 13 2011, 11:25 PM) *
I remember, but you are down the street in an alley right?

Ah yes, that's right. I am misremembering things. silly.gif
pbangarth
OK, so I don't need to call on Professor's prodigious memory to recall the truce, then? 'Cause he didn't know about it? If he did hear about it, his response would probably have been the same. Gotta buy some time for Jovan.
Notsoevildm
Hopefully my posting will be a bit more frequent in future so Ferret doesn't get anymore death threats from RED-ROM.

Perception roll: Intuition 4 + Perception 4 - AIPS 1 = 7d6.hits(5)=3
Looking for 'suspicious' matrix nodes: Computer 4 + Analyze 3 = 7d6.hits(5)=2

Saint Sithney
What truce? ;p

Anyone going to assense this thing?

It could be a magician materialized on the astral, but a Spirit of Man is more likely, seeing as how it'd take the Search power to find something that can't be seen. ..Though I guess precedent has been set that seeing through astral shadows is no big thing..
Sephiroth
QUOTE (Saint Sithney @ Jan 14 2011, 08:49 AM) *
What truce? ;p

Anyone going to assense this thing?

It could be a magician materialized on the astral, but a Spirit of Man is more likely, seeing as how it'd take the Search power to find something that can't be seen. ..Though I guess precedent has been set that seeing through astral shadows is no big thing..

Magicians technically can't materialize, only manifest. And, to my knowledge, we never set precedent for seeing through astral shadows...
Acme
Well I suppose Acme could do it, but he's trying to sluff off a few points of drain in the van. I think he's up to 35 minutes, so I've got another 25 to wait till he can be a little more effective.

And ROM, watch it with the inconsistencies; you don't want a faction of ranting crazies here on DS asking for your head. nyahnyah.gif
Red-ROM
QUOTE (Acme @ Jan 14 2011, 11:57 AM) *
Well I suppose Acme could do it, but he's trying to sluff off a few points of drain in the van. I think he's up to 35 minutes, so I've got another 25 to wait till he can be a little more effective.

And ROM, watch it with the inconsistencies; you don't want a faction of ranting crazies here on DS asking for your head. nyahnyah.gif

who says I don't wink.gif
pbangarth
If I have to, I'll go through the 30+ pages of the IC thread to figure it out, but does anyone here (besides Red-ROM of course) know what the hell our bosses are doing dealing with these people? I'm a little lost.
Red-ROM
here's where it starts (well, actually it starts with Oz sending mrs J a message about them)
que Flashabck
Saint Sithney
Acme, I forgot that you've got to rest for 1 hour to roll up your healing... so, no need to respond IC if you don't feel like it.
Notsoevildm
Sniffing out Amber's icon + general matrix perception roll (just in AR mode at the moment):
Computer + Analyze = 7d6.hits(5)=2, 7d6.hits(5)=3
Acme
QUOTE (Saint Sithney @ Jan 15 2011, 03:51 AM) *
Acme, I forgot that you've got to rest for 1 hour to roll up your healing... so, no need to respond IC if you don't feel like it.

Yeah, sorry about that. I really preferred the old 3e of rolling diminishes time per box healed, but cest la vie. Resting just means he can't get that active, so I'll see about responding.

And this is put here for quick reference: His rest would begin around 8:05; that would be after the spirit nailed him. He'd only been doing moderate moving around since then, so that is good, gives me a bit more time to work with, we're sitting at 40 minutes.
pbangarth
QUOTE (J. Packer @ Jan 15 2011, 06:05 PM) *

Sweet jesus. I've had some cold starts before, but this definitely brings new meaning to the phrase 'command performance'...

Cold start? Hah! At least you didn't get bombed (as in blown up, not drunk) at the job meet!
J. Packer
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Jan 15 2011, 05:25 PM) *
Cold start? Hah! At least you didn't get bombed (as in blown up, not drunk) at the job meet!

Yeah, it seems to be part of the initiation rites...
Saint Sithney
QUOTE (Acme @ Jan 15 2011, 02:47 PM) *
Yeah, sorry about that. I really preferred the old 3e of rolling diminishes time per box healed, but cest la vie. Resting just means he can't get that active, so I'll see about responding.

Hehehe, well technically, since it's an extended test, you can rush the job for half the time. Just risks a higher chance of glitching. That's why I was thinking 30 minutes instead of 1 hour..
Saint Sithney
derp
pbangarth
QUOTE (Saint Sithney @ Jan 16 2011, 12:13 AM) *
Hehehe, well technically, since it's an extended test, you can rush the job for half the time. Just risks a higher chance of glitching. That's why I was thinking 30 minutes instead of 1 hour..

Technically, this is correct. How would we characterize it in game terms? How do you rush the body's healing in this case? Willpower is involved for Stun damage. Could it be an act of will?
Saint Sithney
Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous. I'd consider it like soldiering on and convincing yourself that you're well enough, even when you're in a bad way. Sort of a "stitches will hold" thing.
ytzk
Sorry guys, I've got to take myself off the waiting list as real life intervenes. Run on! Great game you have going.
J. Packer
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Jan 15 2011, 10:47 PM) *
Technically, this is correct. How would we characterize it in game terms? How do you rush the body's healing in this case? Willpower is involved for Stun damage. Could it be an act of will?

Yeah, I like it. If you cut the interval and succeed, you've "gutted it out" and are able to heal those damage boxes more quickly. If you fail, your will wasn't strong enough. If you glitch, which you're more likely to do than if you used the full time interval, you tried to do too much too soon and you pay the price for your haste.
Red-ROM
QUOTE (ytzk @ Jan 16 2011, 01:03 AM) *
Sorry guys, I've got to take myself off the waiting list as real life intervenes. Run on! Great game you have going.

thanks man. good luck with life and all
Notsoevildm
Big bunch of rolls for hacking Viper5's commlink:

My commlink:
Response 4(3), Signal 3, Firewall 6, System 4
Programs running: Stealth, Analyze, Exploit, Decrypt, Disarm, Biofeedback filter, Armor (-1 response)

Analyze node on Viper5's commlink, primarily looking for databomb, encryption, firewall:
Computer + Analyze + Hotsim = 9d6.hits(5)=2

Spoofing admin account, unless Jovan can get me the access code (Threshold Firewall + 6) :
Computer + Exploit + Hotsim = 9d6.hits(5)=3, 9d6.hits(5)=2, 9d6.hits(5)=2, 9d6.hits(5)=3, 9d6.hits(5)=2, 9d6.hits(5)=5, 9d6.hits(5)=3, 9d6.hits(5)=3, 9d6.hits(5)=1 - 12 hits (rating 6 firewall) reached in 5 phases. That does give the node 5 shots at going on alert if it detects me (Analyze + Firewall, extended test with a measly threshold of 3).

Disarm data bomb (if required):
Computer + Analyze + Hotsim = 9d6.hits(5)=2. This is an opposed test vs Data Bomb rating x2.
If there is one I use Edge to reroll failures: (7d6.hits(5)=1) - only 3 successes total, need 1 net success to disarm

Decrpyt test (assuming stuff is encrpyted):
Computer + Analyze + Hotsim = 9d6.hits(5)=5 - this would have been nice for disarming any data bombs
pbangarth
Spotty access to internet next couple of days.
Red-ROM
@ notso: after you set off the alert, the firewall went to 8, took you an extra turn or two to get in. Analyze got you 2 things, the clock is not a data bomb, and the dog is an Agent(or IC). You can keep analyzing stuff, but I'd roll your matrix initiative.
J. Packer
Hope nobody minds my making Amber a bit brittle and confrontational. It's not a character type I usually try, but she seems to want to be written that way...
Acme
Hmmm, brittle and confrontational vs a Coyote shaman. That's going to be interesting. So I hope you don't mind, whatever he does and comes out of his mouth isn't personal towards you the player. smile.gif
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Jan 18 2011, 03:09 AM) *
@ notso: after you set off the alert, the firewall went to 8, took you an extra turn or two to get in. Analyze got you 2 things, the clock is not a data bomb, and the dog is an Agent(or IC). You can keep analyzing stuff, but I'd roll your matrix initiative.

I didn't expect it to be easy with the way these guys operate. At least I didn't trip a data bomb on my way in.

Commlink:
Response 4(3), Signal 3, Firewall 6, System 4
Programs running: Stealth, Analyze, Exploit, Decrypt, Disarm, Biofeedback filter, Armor (-1 response)

Inititative 8 + Hotsim 1 - Program load 1 = 8d6.hits(5)=4 = 12, 3 passes

The dog looks like it's getting ready to attack Ferret and he's still pretty mad at the bossy dwarf lady so he'll initially have a go at attacking hit.

First combat round
1st pass: Load attack (Response drops to 2, Initiative to 11)
2nd pass: Attack dog icon = Computer 4 + Attack 3 + Hotsim 2 - Codeblock 2 = 7d6.hits(5)=1
3rd pass: Attack dog icon = Computer 4 + Attack 3 + Hotsim 2 - Codeblock 2 = 7d6.hits(5)=1

Don't think that's gonna do much to Rover unless it rolls really badly.

Second combat round:
1st pass: deactivate Disarm and Biofeedback filter (Response back up to 3 and Initiative to 12)
2nd pass: load Browse
Programs running: Stealth, Analyze, Exploit, Decrypt, Armor, Attack, Browse (-1 response)
3rd pass: See if I can locate his contact list: Computer 4 + Browse / Analyze 3 + Hotsim 2 (same) = 9d6.hits(5)=4
J. Packer
QUOTE (Acme @ Jan 18 2011, 12:49 AM) *
Hmmm, brittle and confrontational vs a Coyote shaman. That's going to be interesting. So I hope you don't mind, whatever he does and comes out of his mouth isn't personal towards you the player. smile.gif

Of course not. I'm sure we'll all be one big happy family eventually, but for now, I expect pushback from them as respond poorly to her behavior.

And while I know that PC interactions don't come down to die rolls:
Etiquette roll when talking Acme down (12d6.hits(5)=5)
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (J. Packer @ Jan 18 2011, 02:16 PM) *
Of course not. I'm sure we'll all be one big happy family eventually, but for now, I expect pushback from them as respond poorly to her behavior.

And while I know that PC interactions don't come down to die rolls:
Etiquette roll when talking Acme down (12d6.hits(5)=5)

Lol @ 12 dice! While Acme might have the willpower to stand up to her, poor Ferret's got no chance.
J. Packer
QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Jan 18 2011, 09:30 AM) *
Lol @ 12 dice! While Acme might have the willpower to stand up to her, poor Ferret's got no chance.

What can I say? She smells perty!
Acme
Yeah, I like the "presenting female" description, like she's trying to implore to his totem as well, lol.
J. Packer
QUOTE (Acme @ Jan 18 2011, 03:49 PM) *
Yeah, I like the "presenting female" description, like she's trying to implore to his totem as well, lol.

Well, I do try to write to my audience. smile.gif
Sephiroth
QUOTE (Acme @ Jan 18 2011, 03:49 AM) *

I would advise that you be careful where you tread with that. We had a bit of a brief issue relating to that kind of role play some time ago. So just be careful where you're going with that. smile.gif

Also, I'm not claiming self-importance or anything, because my character isn't really that important, but if you could also hold off on that sort of thing during those points when Jovan is more or less out of the game, so as not to unnecessarily slow down the daytime, I would appreciate that. Not that you have to, it'd just be kinda nice on my end not to have to do dream-posts for an extra week and a half or whatever because everybody got into an argument with Amber. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012