Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Post or Die!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50
pbangarth
I'm going to be away from home from Monday till Friday afternoon, and out of cell phone service for most of it, so if anything important comes up that needs Professor, feel free to play him in the spirit I've been running him.
Warlordtheft
FYI-St. The contact I am using is Roper, Zo's fixer contact, who is loyalty 2 connection 3:

For the ettiquitte roll on gathering info:
Total dice:6(1 from Ettiquette skill, 3 from attribute, and 2 from loyalty).
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3621841/
6d6.hits(5) → [3,6,4,4,3,2] = (1)
Sephiroth
QUOTE (Saint Sithney @ Jul 19 2012, 11:13 PM) *
Outside there's few ghouls wandering around far from the warehouse starving to death.
There are also some areas where the mana gets worse and other areas where the quarters get close in.
I won't assume you went for the latter unless you say you're looking without concern for stirring up trouble.

Beside that, there's the map BD provided that Oz could use his architectural knowledge skills to decipher into directions to another sewer entrance passed the collapse, supposing you're still looking to get at Archer.

That works for me. Don't worry about the sewer entrance thing, though; I have another idea or two for ruining Archer's life that I think I like a bit more. smile.gif I'm kinda liking this master plan so far. It's not finished yet, but I hope you don't throw too many wrenches in it for everyone else to deal with while Jovan is asleep.

also. @Warlordtheft:

QUOTE (Warlordtheft @ Jul 24 2012, 08:05 AM) *
den dere's Jovie. Only seen him on da astral.

trololo even then you've only seen his ghost eyeball watchers and a spirit materialized to act as his voice. nyahnyah.gif
Warlordtheft
Hmm, the eyeball might be descriptive enough. However, considering the # of successes in the test, a heck if I know would be the response I expect to get.
Saint Sithney
Alright, so we've moved to the edge of Redmond. Anybody have any concerns about getting from Redmond to Everett without raising alarms?

What's the plan?

Also ZO's Contacts will get back to him after they wake up. I can post that up now, but things might happen between now and then.
Notsoevildm
Ferret will run matrix overwatch from his van: spoofing IDs, changing traffic lights and shutting down alarms as best he can without raising any flags. And if they do get noticed, he can at least warn the others. Will get a post up hopefully tonight.
Sephiroth
IMHO, it would probably be best for now if the team waited for a while to deliver the trucks until the stuff with Ms. Johnson is clarified more, at the very least. We also need to get Glyph into the game soon, and since his character is sort of replacing Jovan during the coming day, that would be a good time to do that and also start setting things up for dealing with Charles. We can of course stash the trucks at Oswald's place for the moment.
Saint Sithney
Oz's place is in Everett, so that's still a drive.

The question is whether you take the trucks all in a group, (since Ares is looking for 3 trucks, that would be more likely to tip them off,) or split the trucks up to keep a lower profile (which would weaken whomever gets attacked, if an attack should happen during transport. After all, traveling down the 405 at 1 in the morning is probably going to alert the Hellhounds.

I know what I would want to do, but being a player and GM is a tough spot (and I need to get Oz to a point where I can remove him as an active participant for that reason.)

So, who's got the plan, or do you want Oz to just be the tactical logistics guy, since that was his role prior to me taking over as GM?
Warlordtheft
Iff you have friendly NPCs (essentially what OZ is now), II as GM tend to let them offersuggestions as their personality and knowledge dictates. They want to live too. But offer it as a plan.

By the time we get through the road blocks, avoiding certain areas, avoiding miscommunications with the locals (aka Zo making sure his friends in the Crush don't shoot) it will be at least 4:00 AM. Road conditions in the barrens are bad and we'd be driving slow because of it.

Saint Sithney
It's only 8 miles to Touristville. You can leisurely walk that in 2 hours. Driving, even through massive potholes and roadblocks should take about half an hour.

Anyway, Oz's advice would be to search up and down the 405 with his blimp looking for Hellhound scouts and then shoot them, one after the next. If they catch on and start to mass up, then bomb the mass of them with white phosphorous.

Then again, Oz is pretty crazy.
pbangarth
I like Oz's idea! Professor... not so much.
pbangarth
We've kinda slowed down, huh?
Warlordtheft
We're kinda of at a decision point in how we plan to get the trucks to Oz's place. So we have two options on the table:

1. Take all three trucks at once--risky due to the fact that there will be three trucks in the convoy which could raise alarm and if we have 1 person in each truck, the pc's are isolated). The plus side is that the job done quicker and there is less exposure for the PC's.

2. Take them one truck at a time--risky due to the fact we'll be doing the trip three times, also even though in Crush territory, other PC's worry about the trucks getting stolen while delivering each truck)--on the plus side it is relatively easy for PC's to work together, and it also raises less suspicion not being the three trucks that were stolen.
Notsoevildm
While I was initially leaning towards taking all three at once, assuming we can get the Crush to watch over the other vehicles then I am okay with one at a time. Even better for Ferret who doesn't like leaving his van behind, Oz and Jove can lead in the Rover, Zo and Prof can ride in the 18-wheeler and he can bring up the rear in his van. He will also slave the van's node to his commlink, making it harder to hack.

Plus, he's a chicken so will fall in with whatever the group decides anyway.

New plan: spend an hour in the burger joint arguing over options, then Ferret will catch a nap while Zo arranges for the Crush to watch the trucks. Then run them up to Oz's warehouse one at time.
pbangarth
Hey, anybody here going to be gone during Gencon?
Warlordtheft
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Aug 7 2012, 04:43 PM) *
Hey, anybody here going to be gone during Gencon?

Sadly that is the worst time for me to go to a con. So I'll be around.
Saint Sithney
I've been getting pretty pbp fatigued lately as well. I gotta get inspired again. To that end, I do believe I could use an adult beverage.
Sephiroth
Sorry for the long absence. I'm on the road today, but I'll try to have a post or two up by tomorrow.
Sephiroth
What time is it actually? 1:58 or 1:05?
Warlordtheft
Should be 1:05. In one of my posts the time stamp deleted a 2.
Saint Sithney
I've been having trouble getting to dumpshock lately. Site keeps stalling out and refusing to load.

Anyway, the plan seems solid, so I'll just roll Oz edge (since he has the best luck) and see if everything goes well.

7d6.hits(5) → [1,2,4,5,6,6,5] = (4)

Looks like it went swimmingly.
pbangarth
A last-minute opportunity to go to a cottage has come up. I'll be away from computer till Monday. Carry on, and try not to kill my PC!
Warlordtheft
QUOTE (Saint Sithney @ Aug 23 2012, 02:38 AM) *
I've been having trouble getting to dumpshock lately. Site keeps stalling out and refusing to load.

Anyway, the plan seems solid, so I'll just roll Oz edge (since he has the best luck) and see if everything goes well.

7d6.hits(5) → [1,2,4,5,6,6,5] = (4)

Looks like it went swimmingly.

St.--How far do you want to fast forward?? Do we just want to start at 8:00 AM ET, and let our new player join? Also, are you still having network issues with DS. I can tell you I have not had issues of late.
Sephiroth
Jovan has calls to make to start his plan against Archer, but I've been really busy the last two weeks or so and haven't been able to get around to it. Classes are starting again tomorrow, but I'll try to get things started tomorrow evening.
Saint Sithney
QUOTE (Warlordtheft @ Sep 5 2012, 08:08 AM) *
St.--How far do you want to fast forward?? Do we just want to start at 8:00 AM ET, and let our new player join? Also, are you still having network issues with DS. I can tell you I have not had issues of late.

Yeah, at this point it's all killing time.

So, time-free footwork mode. There's plenty of hours to do with as you please.
Once someone has found a thing to do, or a thing has found you, we'll tighten things up.
pbangarth
Sort of a spiritual Common Sense Quality, eh, Sephiroth? ninja.gif
Warlordtheft
@St. Let me know if I gain anything from my Armorer contact when they wake up.
Warlordtheft
QUOTE (Warlordtheft @ Jul 13 2012, 08:29 AM) *
FYI-St. The contact I am using:

Armorer (K-P) 2/3
Back Ground: K-P (Human--Middle aged male) is one of the armorers in Touristville. He runs a Weaponsworld Franchise that caters to the Wageslaves in Renton, Bellvue and Auburn. The shop tends to do a good bit of business selling cheap hold-outs to these folks. Met Zo through mutual frienships/contacts they had in the Cascade Crow tribe which occasiionally visit the shop to leave something.

For the ettiquitte roll on gathering info:
Total dice:6(1 from Ettiquette skill, 3 from attribute, and 2 from loyalty).
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3605669/
6d6.hits(5) → [2,5,5,2,2,4] = (2)

PS: Are there two trucks or three? I thought there were three.

Juest a refresher from 3 months ago.
pbangarth
QUOTE (Saint Sithney @ Sep 12 2012, 04:17 AM) *
Saturday, Sept. 12, 2071, 8:18 AM, Void's apartment, outskirts of Loveland, Puyallup Barrens.

Void waits for what seems like forever for a reply from the Professor's autoresponder. About to give up and go about his daily routine, Void is suddenly surprised by a honk from outside his door. After a moment of puzzlement and several more of paranoia, he checks outside and sees a late model jackrabbit idling out front with no one inside. Its lack of occupancy is made obvious by the lack of a roof. As he's peering out at the vehicle, it honks again, and a message pops up on his comm <<Hop in. It would be best to leave before this vehicle's owner notices its absence.>> At least the acid rains haven't started yet this morning.

Clearly I missed something! Sorry. I've been less than attentive the last couple of weeks. I'll try to figure out what I should have responded to.
Saint Sithney
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Sep 12 2012, 06:18 AM) *
Clearly I missed something! Sorry. I've been less than attentive the last couple of weeks. I'll try to figure out what I should have responded to.

Haha, shit. I didn't mean Professor... Though I might have put something about the Agent putting Void in contact with Prof.
I think I was at that moment envisioning Oswald as Prof Farnsworth, shuffling himself off to bed. I think of Oswald as part Farnsworth from Futurama, part John Crichton from Farscape, and part The Terror from The Tick.
pbangarth
QUOTE (Saint Sithney @ Sep 15 2012, 02:39 AM) *
I think of Oswald as part Farnsworth from Futurama, part John Crichton from Farscape, and part The Terror from The Tick.

I can see that!

Poor Void, though. He talks to Professor right now and Professor might tell him to save his ass and stay away from us! We die like flies in this team.
pbangarth
OK, so we're all on the same date, at least, Sept. 12th.

We've got communication at 11:35 am with Zo and others, and we have Void incoming at around 8:35 am and calling Professor, who started napping at 5:40 am. Plus we have Ferret cleaned up at around 1:40 pm. I'll continue on at 8:35 am to bring Void in.
Notsoevildm
I'll snip out the bit about Ferret getting cleaned up. - kinda jumped ahead there. However, with only three hours sleep, he's going to be in a bad way when Void arrives!
Warlordtheft
Things are slow, is this campaign about to die off or is it just on haiatus?
Notsoevildm
I know Saint was feeling a bit burnt out. Does someone else need to take up GM duties?

I'd hate to see the thread die. Hell, we haven't even completed the first mission!

If Saint wants to stop and no-one else want to GM, I am willing to NPC Ferret and take over the thread. Note that I am kinda busy right now, so would possibly be the end of October before I could step into the GM's shoes fully.

Sephiroth
I've been really overwhelmed with schoolwork almost constantly for the last month (much more than usual), so I haven't had and still don't have the time to post stuff that I want. But I am still keeping an eye on this thread when I have a spare moment, so rest assured that I'm still here and haven't disappeared.
Warlordtheft
We could let Red-Rom Take things back over if he wants. Saint, your thoughts or are you just having a bad patch?
pbangarth
Well, we did have a stretch there where we were posting faster than the two-a-week rate that kept players alive in the beginning. Our speed now seems glacial in comparison.

Here's an idea. Until Saint is back with us, we could share the GMing among the players. Don't know how the story line could be kept surprising over all, but maybe this segment where we meet Void could be run separate from the main line. It could be fun introducing a new guy to the insanity. The one running us could throw in something like, I don't know, a foray by the Vipers or something. Give us a chance to see what Void can do.

Thoughts?
pbangarth
We could RP Void showing up at Oz's place without GM input. How about we do that, to pour a little life into this wonderful campaign that has gone on for over a year?
Notsoevildm
Sounds like a plan!
ZeroSpace
Just read the rules post for the game, and I would definitely like to join this. However 96 pages is a lot of text to go through just to get caught up on what all has happened since the game started. Would whoever is the GM here please message me some information about recent game events, so I can submit a more appropriate character and backstory?
pbangarth
Ahhhh. Reminds me of those heady days when it all began. Such hope and innocence. Then, seven PCs died in the first 24 hours of game time.
Glyph
I'm ready to introduce Void to everyone, but I'm a bit fuzzy on how they are getting him into the facility, as far as security precautions go. If someone can give me even a general idea about that, I can do up an intro post for him.
Notsoevildm
Hey Glyph, assume the Autocab drops you off outside a non-descript warehouse in Tacoma. Take it from there!
pbangarth
OK! I'll get something up on Sunday.
pbangarth
Professor Assenses Void.

INT 9 + Assensing 5 = 14 dice. Don't know if any other modifiers apply.

==> 4 HITS
Glyph
Good roll. 4 hits gives him a good impression of Void's physical and mental state, means that he will be able to recognize his aura if he sees it again, and showed him Void's exact Essence level and nearly all of his implants (everything but the geneware). Physical contact with him would have temporarily reduced his Magic to 2, which would probably be disorienting and frightening to an awakened character. The Professor probably got an impression of his magic resistance and bad luck qualities, although it would probably all fall under the category of "This guy's aura is all kinds of messed up."
pbangarth
Oh, yeah. This is a fun group, alright. One's a paranoid, scheming vampire, who can portray any random event as a plot against him personally, and another is a mana-warping terminator. Then there's the guy calling the shots right now, which sometimes are mini Thor shots, whose mind wanders into la-la land at any opportunity. And sitting in the middle of these is an egghead, fish-out-of-water.

Thank my lucky stars for the relative stability of Zo and Ferret. Yeah, you heard me.
Warlordtheft
You forgot, Zo's intense hatred of Ghouls, and tendency to zone out when in Combat with them. Ferret is the stable one, ZO's only stable when Ghouls aren't involved.
Notsoevildm
You're seriously telling me the cowardly decker who's afraid of his own shadow and has AIPS is the stable one. We're doomed!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012