Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Post or Die!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50
pbangarth
I count 6 hits, total, 2 before and 4 after.
Warlordtheft
AFB-but as I recall you do get exploding dice when using edge for the rerolled 6's. I'll give page reference later, or mea culpas.

Red-ROM
QUOTE (Warlordtheft @ Oct 19 2011, 01:07 PM) *
AFB-but as I recall you do get exploding dice when using edge for the rerolled 6's. I'll give page reference later, or mea culpas.

you can:

a) roll edge dice only after the inital roll, and get exploding 6'es

or

b) re roll misses, and not get exploding dice, so 6 hits it is
Saint Sithney
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Oct 19 2011, 04:44 AM) *
I count 6 hits, total, 2 before and 4 after.

I was just counting the first 9 dice from the left for 2 +3, but if you discount the exploding dice (equally valid imo,) then yeah, it's 2+4= 6.
Warlordtheft
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Oct 19 2011, 01:14 PM) *
you can:

a) roll edge dice only after the inital roll, and get exploding 6'es

or

b) re roll misses, and not get exploding dice, so 6 hits it is

Mea culpa , and I've been playin it wrong for a year or two.... eek.gif

Guess when I read it, I merged some rules. My players didn't mind too much. biggrin.gif
Seth
Here are some lightning blasts 3, 4, 7, 5, 3, 4, 5, 6 (that's 2 combat rounds worth). If that's too many ignore the rest, if it's too few just roll some more smile.gif

Base damage 5(e) with all the lovely body+will saves. Still ghouls are tough and I suspect they will ignore the taser effect.

As stated in the IC post, once Zo is able to shoot at them I will stop and either:
  • If they stand still and start shooting me, I will move into them and engage them in melee
  • If they are still chasing me, I will stay were I am, and hopefully engage them in melee
  • In either case, I would like to be at fisticuffs range soon.

Toptomcat
I'm interested in this, and it appears active, but the first post hasn't been updated for about a month. What's the current player count and stuff?
pbangarth
The GM has been busy with RL lately, so the game has slowed some. The active players and their PCs are still in it and going strong. Add yourself to the waiting list if you like, as deaths seem to come in groups, and the other alternates may or may not be available when a slot comes open.
Warlordtheft

For Zo's Initiative
11d6.hits(5) → [1,4,5,5,6,4,5,4,3,4,4] = (4)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3234331/
15 (3IP).

Another volley of suppressive fire goes down range.
11d6.hits(5) → [5,5,3,1,5,1,2,5,5,2,1] = (5)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3234324/
Those not avoiding the shots take anoter 7P Ap-2 damage

ork.gif
Red-ROM
hey everyone.
yea, Pban nailed it. RL is kicking my but. I've got an offer in on a house (still trying to buy one. For being a buyer's market, the banks are sure dragging their feet) And we've lost 4 people at work, which has made things miserable. Anyway, excuses excuses.

@TopTomCat: the death clock has been suspended a bit due to me being mostly dead on here myself. If you want to take over, you can. I'm still active as far as theses boards go, but not up to the speed I wanted. And by speed, I mean we might finish this adventure in another year.

@ all: theres a lot of work here... I'll post what I can.
Red-ROM
@ Saint: the blimp can see the ghouls as well, just to let you know

@ Sephiroth: it may take a round for the dogs and their master to catch up (if they are even coming) anything you want to do in the interim?
Red-ROM
ok turn 2

initiative:
Elemental=18/ 3 passes
Jade=16 / 4 passes
Archer=16/ 2 passes
ZO = 15/ 3 passes
Jovan=15/ 3passess
alpha dog= 12
other dogs = 11 to 13
ghouls = 9 to 14

ip1:
suppressive fire 6 , they all get hit,here's some soak rolls
judging by the # of rolls, Jade is firing 1 bolt per IP? if so , you'll probably get one shot off before melee, even at a -1, he dodges

one ghoul knocked prone, one dodging lightning, 3 going for Jade, one heading for the stairs
ghoul attacks on Jade:
attack 1: 5 hits
attack 2: 1 hit (-1 to defense)
attack 3: 1 hit (-2 to defense)

I'll let you roll defense, then you can start IP 2
Saint Sithney
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Oct 26 2011, 06:07 PM) *
@ Saint: the blimp can see the ghouls as well, just to let you know

I'm mostly worried about the dogs, but I suppose I'll roll a couple shots at ghouls through the windows.

16d6.hits(5) → [1,4,2,4,6,5,6,2,5,5,2,6,3,2,3,4] = (6)
16d6.hits(5) → [2,3,3,3,6,4,1,3,5,4,3,6,3,5,5,1] = (5)

3rd IP will be used to fly the blimp.

Base damage should be 9P -3 AP with the ammo factored in.

Question though, did the ghouls cover the entire distance to engage Jade in 1/4 a CT's movement, or did jade throw a full CT's worth of lightning bolts before being engaged?
Warlordtheft
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Oct 26 2011, 09:34 PM) *
ok turn 2

initiative:
Elemental=18/ 3 passes
Jade=16 / 4 passes
Archer=16/ 2 passes
ZO = 15/ 3 passes
Jovan=15/ 3passess
alpha dog= 12
other dogs = 11 to 13
ghouls = 9 to 14

ip1:
suppressive fire 6 , they all get hit,here's some soak rolls
judging by the # of rolls, Jade is firing 1 bolt per IP? if so , you'll probably get one shot off before melee, even at a -1, he dodges

one ghoul knocked prone, one dodging lightning, 3 going for Jade, one heading for the stairs
ghoul attacks on Jade:
attack 1: 5 hits
attack 2: 1 hit (-1 to defense)
attack 3: 1 hit (-2 to defense)

I'll let you roll defense, then you can start IP 2

Just trying to clarify order of operations here:
From my understanding: Ghouls run around corner comming into LOS: Zo's delayed action goes off (suppressive fire--ghouls made their resistance rolls-all taking damage). IP1 Starts on 15 (Zo's suppressive fire ends), Zo does suppressive fire again. Ghouls then take their IP14 to 9 (ghouls need to make their defensive rolls and damage resistance test unless they fall prone).

Warlordtheft
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Oct 26 2011, 08:05 PM) *
hey everyone.
yea, Pban nailed it. RL is kicking my but. I've got an offer in on a house (still trying to buy one. For being a buyer's market, the banks are sure dragging their feet) And we've lost 4 people at work, which has made things miserable. Anyway, excuses excuses.

I'm getting married in December, and just got my house under contract. You have my sympathy..
Red-ROM
@ war: I think it goes like this,

IP 1:
Zo uses delayed action from last combat turn, which replaces his action for IP 1. in retrospect, this is unnecessary due to your high initiative. It would have preempted anyone with a higher initiative.

also, congrats on the house and nuptials
Red-ROM
@ saint: SR movement makes little sense, and PBP games can get very confusing in that department. I figured Jade was waiting to get into melee with them and she hadn't gone too far ahead. so how many meters can they cover in 1/4 of a turn? 7? what happens with the supessive fire if it takes 2 IP's to get there? the ghouls are still only moving through the suppressed area one time.

also, what's your initiative?

@ Jovan: you still with us ?
Sephiroth
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Oct 27 2011, 10:05 PM) *
@ Jovan: you still with us ?

Midterms are killing me right now, but yes I'm still keeping my eye on this when I can. I can't currently think of anything Jovan really needs to do right now while he's waiting in the tunnel.
Seth
@Warlord
Ditto on the congratulations!

@Red-ROM
I'm not sure about initiative and stuff so I'll do the melee as though it was a new round:

IP 1:
Melee attack: 5 successes
Base damage: 8S electrical
Melee defence: 4, 4, 4, 4 and 3 (accounting for deteriorating defence: -1 per consecutive attack)

IP 2:
Melee attack: 3 successes
Melee defence: 7, 5, 5, 4, 7

IP 3:
Melee attack: 6 successes
Melee defence: 3, 6, 5, 3, 5

I suspect I am going to get a little chewed smile.gif

pbangarth
QUOTE (Seth @ Oct 28 2011, 04:17 AM) *
I suspect I am going to get a little chewed smile.gif
Good thing you're the wrong kind of meat!
Warlordtheft
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Oct 27 2011, 08:38 PM) *
@ war: I think it goes like this,

IP 1:
Zo uses delayed action from last combat turn, which replaces his action for IP 1. in retrospect, this is unnecessary due to your high initiative. It would have preempted anyone with a higher initiative.

also, congrats on the house and nuptials

Cool. Minor edit to post to reflect one IP of suppression fire.

IP2
1st Simple action: 3 round narrow burst on ghoul heading for the stairs.
11d6.hits(5) → [3,1,5,6,4,5,2,3,6,3,5] = (5)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3241952/
10DV -2AP base, +1 DV per net hit.

2nd Simple action:Simple action: 3 round narrow burst on ghoul heading for the stairs unless dead, then going for one engaging Jade.
11d6.hits(5) → [6,1,3,1,5,2,1,3,2,5,1] = (3)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3241958/

IP3:
1st Simple action: 3 round narrow burst on living ghoul nearest to Zo.
11d6.hits(5) → [2,3,2,5,3,4,4,1,6,5,2] = (3)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3241962/

2nd Simple action:Simple action: 3 round narrow burst on living ghoul nearest to Zo.
11d6.hits(5) → [3,6,3,3,3,3,4,4,4,4,4] = (1)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3241964/
10DV -2AP base.

Saint Sithney
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Oct 27 2011, 08:05 PM) *
also, what's your initiative?

Should be Int 5 + response 4 +1 hotsim -1 program load = 9d6.hits(5) → [5,6,2,5,2,2,6,6,4] = (5)
So, he goes on 14.
pbangarth
Professor keeps himself busy and alive by analyzing the structure of the building to see if the new damage will cause any kind of collapse.

Materials Science support roll for extra dice: 2 + LOG 5 = 7 dice ==> 3 HITS

Civil Engineering roll to learn if the building will hold up: 2 + LOG 5 + MS hits 3 -2 (A guess at the penalty for not being able to look closely at the building) = 8 dice ==> 4 HITS

See! Even non-combatants can do 'useful things'.
Red-ROM
@ Jovan: moving in combat turns is really slowing everything else down. you got a good ways ahead of the pack and it will take a few seconds for them to catch up (if they are comming)

(I'm going to roll dice by hand to save time)
IP 1(cont.):
Oswald hits ghoul... and kills it
two ghouls make it to Jade, and one gets a scratch on her (5p.. which she soaks)

IP 2 :
Oswald kills another ghoul (the one that dodged the lightning)
Zo hits the closest ghoul and knocks him over
Jade zaps ghoul with elemental strike....

@ Seth: are you possesed right now? I thought you were, but you are casting spells. where is the electrical damage coming from? is it the spirits elemental attack? I forgot what type of spirit you are using. I really don't have a lot of time these days...

Warlordtheft
Is it a spirit of man? It could be a spell ability. Hope RL is kicking your but much less. You figure going into holidy season, things would get quieter.
Saint Sithney
I'd assume spirit of air with movement power and elemental attack - electricity.
Sephiroth
I'm back now. Sorry for the hiatus.

QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Oct 27 2011, 10:05 PM) *
@ saint: SR movement makes little sense, and PBP games can get very confusing in that department. I figured Jade was waiting to get into melee with them and she hadn't gone too far ahead. so how many meters can they cover in 1/4 of a turn? 7? what happens with the supessive fire if it takes 2 IP's to get there? the ghouls are still only moving through the suppressed area one time.

The ghouls can cover their movement rate (+extra from sprinting if applicable)/4 per initiative pass (i.e. 1/4th a turn). If they can manage to run through the suppressed area in 1 IP, then they should be fine, but if the suppressed area is bigger than 7 meters across, they may be out of luck.

QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Nov 3 2011, 08:42 PM) *
@ Jovan: moving in combat turns is really slowing everything else down. you got a good ways ahead of the pack and it will take a few seconds for them to catch up (if they are comming)

@ Seth: are you possesed right now? I thought you were, but you are casting spells. where is the electrical damage coming from? is it the spirits elemental attack? I forgot what type of spirit you are using. I really don't have a lot of time these days...

I understand. Would you prefer for me to stay out of combat for a little bit, or return to the fight? I'm still mulling over this, but right now it seems to me like Jovan can't do much against Archer until another dog or two is disabled to create an opening.

Regarding Jade, I went back through the posts and it seems that she is possessed by a F6 spirit of air thoughtform with energy aura and elemental attack. I imagine that is where the electricity is coming from.
Warlordtheft
Regarding the suppressive fire area, movement, and IPs. Suppressive fire and movement react a bit wonky across multiple IPs. Also in the course of an NPC moving through a suppressed area, they only take damage once per IP of theirs--not the attacker. Also, suppresive fire lasts only until the attacker's next IP. If it is one IP then you have the ghoul run their full move and take damage once.

Side Note: Where they are when you act is actually dependent on the number of IP's you have. Does this lead to the occasional inconsistancy? Yes.

Did Red-Rom handle it right? Yea, he did. Is this an area of SR where the rules make clear logical sense? No not really. If SR5 ever comes out, movement and supppressive fire would be 2 of the top 10 things to fix.
Red-ROM
hey, thanks for the legwork guys. I'll try to post something tonight after my kid goes to bed smile.gif
Red-ROM
ok,
2 howls. roll willpower vs. 1 and 3

Professor and ferret can roll an audio perception -2 (threshold of 3)
pbangarth
Professor's perception:

INT 4 + Perception 5 - 2 = 7 dice ==> 0 HITS

Uhhh.... this is good... right?
Red-ROM
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Nov 8 2011, 11:35 PM) *
Professor's perception:

INT 4 + Perception 5 - 2 = 7 dice ==> 0 HITS

Uhhh.... this is good... right?

yup, you didn't hear the dogs
Warlordtheft
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Nov 8 2011, 09:04 PM) *
ok,
2 howls. roll willpower vs. 1 and 3

Professor and ferret can roll an audio perception -2 (threshold of 3)

Do I get a bonus for the noise/machine gun fire going of in here? The Echo should be pretty bad. smile.gif

I flubbed both rolls-no successes:
3d6.hits(5) → [3,1,4] = (0)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3257973/

3d6.hits(5) → [3,1,2] = (0)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3257969/
Red-ROM
@ War: your reaction is -4 for 4 minutes. Then reaction returns at a rate of 1 point per minute. This effects initiative as well.
Notsoevildm
Ferret' s perception roll: Int 4 + Per 4 - AIPS 1 - mod 2 = 5d6.hits(5)=3 - oops, does that mean he actually hears the howls?

Willpower: 3d6.hits(5)=1, 3d6.hits(5)=0 - ignores first but gets a -3 for 3 mins on the second? Or does glitching make it worse!
pbangarth
Looks like we have some opportunity for RP in the bar!

"Oh, shit! Oh, shit!Oh, shit!Oh, shit!Oh, shit!Oh, shit!"

"Uh, wut?"
Notsoevildm
Panic post will be arriving soon!
pbangarth
OK, so Ferret keels over with a squeak.

Astral Perception to see what Ferret's state is.

INT 9 + Assensing 5 = 14 dice ==> 6 HITS

That should work.

Test to see if Professor figures out it isn't the most likely case, that Ferret got nuked in the Matrix.

LOG 5 + First Aid 1 + Analytical Mind 2 + Analytics 2 = 10 dice ==> 4 HITS

That too.
Sephiroth
I'm a bit confused here about whether the howls are actually reaching Jovan in the tunnel, given the IC description from Red-ROM, so I'm not sure whether I am actually required to roll these. Here they are anyway.

3d6.hits(5) → [2,2,1] = (0)
3d6.hits(5) → [1,1,4] = (0)

So, uh... what do I do about that second one? dead.gif
Warlordtheft
Sephiroth,
You are in the astral, so I don't think the howl affects you. They are on the physical plane and you are on the astral. The attack is affecting the physical plane to boot. Now if they are dual natured, not so sure. Granted AFB so maybe this howl is an exception to the rule. You probably hear it, but the paranatural powers is affecting the physical plane, and from what I understand by RAW it doesn't affect both.
Saint Sithney
QUOTE (Warlordtheft @ Nov 18 2011, 06:50 AM) *
Sephiroth,
You are in the astral, so I don't think the howl affects you. They are on the physical plane and you are on the astral. The attack is affecting the physical plane to boot. Now if they are dual natured, not so sure. Granted AFB so maybe this howl is an exception to the rule. You probably hear it, but the paranatural powers is affecting the physical plane, and from what I understand by RAW it doesn't affect both.

Type: Powers may be either mana (M) or physical (P), just like
spells (see p. 203). Mana powers do not affect nonliving targets, where-
as physical powers cannot be used in astral space or affect astral forms.

It's a physical power, so Jovan is safe.
Warlordtheft
Quick question-I know red rom is busy, but OOC sitrep: Have we dealt with the first wave of ghouls or are there a couple left?

I count 2, and we still have the third IP for that round. Both of which have engaged jade in CC.

Sephiroth
I don't want to give up on this game, but I feel like someone may need to finally take the reigns of GMing from Red-ROM, at least temporarily. We've come a long way with this game in the last 15 months or so.
pbangarth
Is there a way we could take sections of the run onto each of us, and have the sectional GM's PC tag along under guidance of one of the other players? That way we all still get to play. I know I can't afford the time to take over full reins.

Possibly disjointed and confusing, I know.
Warlordtheft
I'd hate to switch GM's mid-stream. Keep in mind right now, we are in mid-combat and there is quite a bit going on that needs the GM giving us feed back on our actions.

I am all for a temporary haitus if RED-ROM can give us an idea of when he might be able to get back into the swing of things. But if he doesn't forsee when that would be, I think he should hand the reins to one of the alternate GM.
Sephiroth
My concern with doing a temporary hiatus (not that we aren't already effectively in one) is that the last time Red-ROM posted was almost a month ago. I know he said around this time last year that he would go down with this ship and stay with it until the end, but he may have gone MIA because of work. frown.gif

I think we could potentially do sectional GMing, though. I'd be willing to help with that, although the immediate future isn't good for me with exams coming up in the next couple weeks. pbangarth, Warlordtheft, and myself are all still here. Seth is gone, he couldn't afford the time to continue playing b/c of personal and financial matters. Red-ROM is unknown. Notso and Sithney, are you still here and wanting to continue?
Warlordtheft
Whole point of this for me is to play (I usually than GM), I 'm all for waiting untill after New Years....(wedding xmas, honeymoon oh my!) smile.gif
Saint Sithney
Combat is just a lot of rolling. Anyone could do it. The consequences of combat are what might take some figuring from a GM.

I don't have the energy for it now, otherwise I'd run this thing.
Warlordtheft
Hey I'm back and checking to see if we can all get the bullets an'spells flying again so to speak. Red-Rom, you still wanting and Able to GM? If not we should get one of the back-up GMs online.
Sephiroth
I would be very amendable to this. It seems that Red-ROM has been officially taken by real life and hasn't been on since November. It'd be nice if we could get one of the two backup GM's back, although they were players too at one point and then dropped out due to personal reasons. I feel like we've built up too much momentum with this game for it to die just because the first and only GM had to drop out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012