Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Post or Die!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50
Saint Sithney
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Jul 14 2010, 07:17 PM) *
@Saint: the long haul is book price, no worries. The lowest flight path is helicopters, and they usually maintain 500 feet or 17m, roughly. there still may be drone traffic, but it shouldn't be a big deal. the dry suit that fits a robot might be tricky to get, but maybe doable. You don't want the robot to swim there do you?

I was going to drop him in the water at the rendezvous location with an airtank hooked up to some large balloons and have him power down until the meet. Then he'd power up, inflate the balloons and float to the surface to give the pre-recorded introduction speech. All too complicated. I'm going to stop overthinking weird introductions so that we can totally get this show on the road. spin.gif I'll post up the Shankles to the Sound thing tomorrow eve.
Martin_DeVries_Institute
I'll post as soon as I can but I have a surprise job interview today I have to rush out for! Should have something up this evening.
Red-ROM
so I checked my math, I think i was a little off with the death clock, I hope this doesn't mess anyone up. Its more for fun than accuracy. I tend to update it before work, and I don't have a lot of time to double check it.

@ Saint: yea, I'm not sure the crew on the ship would be willing to pull a robot, in a soaking wet Dry suit, covered in baloons, out of the water. I love this guy though, it'll be interesting to see what he comes up with next. It's starting to remind me of the tinker gnomes from Dragonlance (if anyone reads that stuff)
Martin_DeVries_Institute
Rolling Charisma+Magic to bypass the barrier, and spending Edge to add a die and explode the 6s.

9d6.hitsopen(5,6)=5]9d6.hitsopen(5,6) → [3,4,1,[6, 4],1,[6, 6, 4],[6, 4],[6, 2],3] = (5)

Ward opposes with twice its Force. Here's hoping I win because otherwise I gotta go find a boat. nyahnyah.gif
Red-ROM
@ Martin: Save the Edge point, the mage on the ship let you in, You asked the water spirit to take you out in the sound, and that is one service
Saint Sithney
Rolling to fly low in the modified blimp drone.

13d6.hits(5) → [3,6,2,6,5,5,6,3,2,2,6,6,3] = (7)
yowza! ozzy be flying good. for reference, 2 skill + 6 Command + 2 Codeslinger + 1 Com Optimization + 2 hotsim = 13
Ozzy will be flying low and slow and trying to stay about 400m behind the dingy.

Rolling for stealth

13d6.hits(5) → [5,1,5,3,1,5,5,6,4,1,6,6,2] = (7)
Capped at 2 because Infiltration = 2 and Pilot + Handling =2. shucks. same DP layout.

Instructing Manservent-3 to pilot inflatable dingy (with extra bouys for extra cushion) slowly toward the location specified by the given coordinates (Oswald will help him stay on course until the jamming gets too heavy. BTW, bot has signal 3 with ECCM r5) , then lay off the throttle entirely about 10m from the yacht, and drift towards it. Once he has cut the engines, he is to move toward the front of the dingy and hold out a rope for someone to take from him. Once someone has taken the rope, he is to offer to play the recorded message. If the person tells him no or asks him to leave, he should turn around, start the boat and go until he gets back into signal range. If they invite him on board he should listen to their instructions. If they agree to hear the message, he should play it for them. If they should insist that Oswald attend personally, he should signal Ozzy with his arms. Sounds complicated, but it's basically: Hold throttle steady -> judge distance as 10m -> release throttle -> move to front of boat -> offer rope -> offer recording -> if response = yes -> play recording. If response = no -> leave. If instructed to come aboard -> follow instructions as given. If ever told to get Oswald, signal with arms.

Let me know if you need a robo-competency roll for novel situations. He has 9 dice, so can buy 2 hits.
Ellipsis
Sooo, I've decided to let my misinterpretation flow into game world and Hans is going to be looking around whatever dock area/pier he may have ended up at for, first a shop potentially open and renting boats and second security guarding boats he could commandeer so to speak...yeah this will work out just fine you'll see...So I guess we'll start with what amounts to observe in detail? Do you want me to roll that or just see what happens?
Saint Sithney
Can't hurt to roll.
Ellipsis
QUOTE (Saint Sithney @ Jul 16 2010, 02:34 AM) *
Can't hurt to roll.

I hear ya but I've always felt like perception tests are always best when you don't know how well you've succeeded at them, or failed as they can make a character see more or less the same thing just depends on whether you saw it correctly or not.
Red-ROM
@Otto:
Wizard, you are about to die.
(anyone remember the Gauntlet arcade game?)

@ellipsis: I like the direction you went with that, I threw some options out there, but don't take too long, the meet is getting ready to start, and I can only go so far until we get everyone on the boat.
edit: also, I'll roll perception for you, I'll post it when you see something, or maybe if you didn't(like in an ambush or something)

@ saint: I stopped to let Danny do his intro if you want
HugeC
In the event that Otto suddenly kicks it, I am prepared to post (I'm the next reserve with a character posted, right?). Not that I am rooting for his demise or anything! But I think that guy shining his shoes works for Tanamous. devil.gif

Just out of curiosity, how big of a post counts as a post? I have already written a vignette of Thirty's typical morning, then I can do a couple scenes where he gets the message for the job and makes it onto the boat. Would that be good enough for 2 posts worth, thus starting the countdown at 7 days?
Majhra
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Jul 17 2010, 10:54 AM) *
@Otto:
Wizard, you are about to die.
(anyone remember the Gauntlet arcade game?)

Crap. My timing is off, clearly. Thought I was good for a while longer. Better pick up the pace then.

For the summoning force 3 spirit:

8d6.hits(5)=3

for the spirit
3d6.hits(5)=1

for the drain.
9d6.hits(5)=2

HugeC
QUOTE (Majhra @ Jul 16 2010, 11:12 PM) *
Thought I was good for a while longer.

And now you are! Back to watching and waiting for me. ninja.gif
Ellipsis
@ROM: Well I'm doing my best here, I'm thinking maybe a con roll goes here??
Red-ROM
@ ellipsis: yeah, that's the one. you get -1 for an annoying favor, and he gets a -1 for bein drunk.

@ Saint: I forgot to mention the Jammer is rating 6 area jammer centered on the top of the yacht

@ HugeC: thats awesome! way to keep everyone on their toes smile.gif

@ Maj : the timing thing is weird, one day you have 6 days left, the next you have 3. Its always 7 days from the second to last post, so as of now (12:05 am 7/17/10) you posted yesterday, and before that, on the 12th, so you have to post by the 19th or maybe really early on the 20th if I haven't killed you yet smile.gif
Ellipsis
Con Roll: 6d6.hits(5) → [1,2,5,3,4,5] = (2)

Eh that could have gone better but at least I didn't fumble it...
Red-ROM
@ ellipsis: fisherman negotiation + cha - drunk=[6,5,1,3] = (2)
I'll give you the tie smile.gif
Saint Sithney
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Jul 16 2010, 08:09 PM) *
@ Saint: I forgot to mention the Jammer is rating 6 area jammer centered on the top of the yacht

That means Oswald would lose signal when the bot hits 5 m from the jammer. Otherwise, my ECCM should defeat it.

Does... does that happen? I mean it's a pretty big boat...
Red-ROM
QUOTE (Saint Sithney @ Jul 17 2010, 06:35 AM) *
That means Oswald would lose signal when the bot hits 5 m from the jammer. Otherwise, my ECCM should defeat it.

Does... does that happen? I mean it's a pretty big boat...

It dedepends on where the bot is standing, right now, he's jammed, but as he moves to the other side of the boat, where the guests have gathered, the signal comes back
Ellipsis
Sweet, now lets just hope this guy doesn't get fresh... frown.gif Oh and I missed the posting guidelines somehow I'll make that all conform from here on in sorry about that!
Red-ROM
QUOTE (Ellipsis @ Jul 17 2010, 10:25 AM) *
Sweet, now lets just hope this guy doesn't get fresh... frown.gif Oh and I missed the posting guidelines somehow I'll make that all conform from here on in sorry about that!

Not a big deal
Sephiroth
Is there anything wrong with my character? I'm not on the reserve list... frown.gif
Red-ROM
QUOTE (Sephiroth @ Jul 17 2010, 04:29 PM) *
Is there anything wrong with my character? I'm not on the reserve list... frown.gif

My apologies dude, things are flying fast and loose, I've added you to the list and will look over you character soon, also, you should pick an avatar or picture or something, I use those pictures to find people.

Edit:

@ all: 4 out of 6 are on the boat, 2 to go. you guys can post another blurb about getting there or your entrance. You'll be met the same as the others both physically and Astrally. Or I can post an "everyone's here, the johnson goes into his spiel" kind of thing
Red-ROM
@ all: I've decided to cut the reserve list to people that posted characters, I apologize if your name was up there, and you're still interested. Just post a character and you're back on the list
Belvidere
And here's the character sheet. I'll have background and whatnot up soon. grinbig.gif
[ Spoiler ]

Edit: Just saw that you cut the reserve list short Red-Rom. Well I'll leave him here in case he's ever needed. biggrin.gif
Ellipsis
Hey sorry 'bout the short on info/style posts i've ended up having a really busy weekend with my family. On the plus lots of time spent in the sun and water this weekend!

PS: That robot is killing me! smile.gif
Saint Sithney
QUOTE (Sephiroth @ Jul 17 2010, 12:29 PM) *

I scoped one weird thing. You're missing 5 BP in negative qualities to balance out for the positive qualities you have. I guess you could drop Erased to the 7 day, 5 BP version if you didn't want to search for a new negative quality. It shouldn't really affect things too much concept-wise.
Majhra
Not sure how detailed the security on the boat will be - just obvious weapons, or the concealed ones as well. If so, Otto will hand over his coat (with the pistol).

Do you want us to handle the introductions, Red, or will you cover it as part of the Johnson intro?
Red-ROM
@Majhra: you guys can handle introductions, some characters have already done so, also, the group is gathered on deck, not in a cabin. Maybe I need to be more descriptive
pbangarth
So if Ellipsis time stamps his post correctly, can he get in an intro for Caper before the Sydney Greenstreet-like Man-in-white meets us?
Red-ROM
@ dr Z: Your times almost up !

@ Ellipsis: Ultrasound doesn't reveal anything special at this time
Ellipsis
Oh no! Lefty's gonna do the 'splodey thing!
HugeC
ninja.gif This is me lurking, ready to post! ninja.gif
Red-ROM
QUOTE (HugeC @ Jul 22 2010, 10:22 AM) *
ninja.gif This is me lurking, ready to post! ninja.gif

I honestly laughed out loud...
Red-ROM
@ dr Z and HugeC: I have lefty's farewell typed up. I'll hit "add reply" around 6:10am eastern standard time
HugeC
S'ok for me to start putting posts in the IC thread then? Shall I have Thirty arrive after all the posts that have been put up already?

EDIT: Well, I went ahead and made a first post. Second will handle getting to & arriving at the meet, and an introduction.
Red-ROM
QUOTE (HugeC @ Jul 22 2010, 11:18 PM) *
S'ok for me to start putting posts in the IC thread then? Shall I have Thirty arrive after all the posts that have been put up already?

EDIT: Well, I went ahead and made a first post. Second will handle getting to & arriving at the meet, and an introduction.

@ HugeC: you jumped the gun a little bit there chief. what if Dr Z had posted? Also I would prefer a chance to work you into the story. As you can see by the last post, Showing up at the meet now will be problematic.

@ dr Z: yer dead man, sorry. You can hop on the reserve list with a new character

@ all: roll to resist 6P from the blast!
HugeC
Sorry, I took your post to mean Lefty was definitely going to die. What if I edit out the second part of my post, the bit after the first "***"? Then you can work me in however you like. I'll keep what I originally wrote just in case that turns out to be a bad idea too. Sorry man, I'm sure you can tell this is my first play-by-post game. embarrassed.gif
Saint Sithney
Danny! No!
3d6.hits(5) → [5,4,3] = (1)
He gets 5 Ps!
pbangarth
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Jul 23 2010, 05:19 AM) *
@ all: roll to resist 6P from the blast!
Cool! So lack of posting can hurt all of us. Look for some serious PMing as the countdown nears to zero!

Red-ROM, is this a straight damage resistance, or can a Dodge be involved as well?
Red-ROM
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Jul 23 2010, 12:32 PM) *
Cool! So lack of posting can hurt all of us. Look for some serious PMing as the countdown nears to zero!

Red-ROM, is this a straight damage resistance, or can a Dodge be involved as well?

I think everyone was surprised, Just straight damage. I don't think its enought to kill anybody.
pbangarth
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Jul 23 2010, 05:35 PM) *
I think everyone was surprised, Just straight damage. I don't think its enought to kill anybody.
Hah! You haven't seen me roll dice, have you?

[ Spoiler ]

EDIT: the armor jacket turns the damage into Stun.
HugeC
Hey Red, let me know what to do, I'mma hold off posting until you cue me, I don't want to mess up anything you may be planning.
Majhra
Someone remind me next time not to take the armour off...

4d6.hits(5)=1 (3 body, 1 for the suit)
Martin_DeVries_Institute
....ugh....

9d6.hits(5) → [4,1,3,1,4,3,4,3,3] = (0)

That's with Body 5 and the armor of an Ulysses greatcoat. A ruined greatcoat, now, what with a piece of exploded boat shot through it.
Red-ROM
@ all: Sorry folks smile.gif It'll be alright, I swear. It's not my intention to hurt everybody every time someone dies. it just seemed appropriate this time when I came up with a way to kill Lefty.

@ HugeC: It's all good man, I don't mean to be a dick, I would have worked around it. It just caught me off guard this morning. I'll work you in this weekend. It might run parallel to the rest of the group for a few though.
Saint Sithney
Get me a signal and I'll give you first aid. Medkit would be nice, but even without, I should be able to help immensely.
Sephiroth
Dramatic head explosions are dramatic.

Red-Rom, how much leeway would you be willing to give Jovan if he tried to use Shape Air to enhance his movement (like less efficient imitations of Running, Catfall, wallrunning, that sort of thing)?

BTW I also tweaked his stats a bit - cut down on resources and shifted skill points around, mostly.

With 900 nuyen.gif now left over from chargen, he will also have 4d6 → [2,3,4,4] = 13 + 9 = 22 x500 = holy frick o_O 11,000 nuyen.gif. Or so I believe. Hopefully I did that right, the wording in the book is a bit unclear on adding the 1-per-100 nuyen.gif thing. question.gif

EDIT: EDIT: I believe this is correct. If not, feel free to correct me, Red-ROM. If you think I was supposed to add more dice, not just add 9 to the result, I have a backup roll that I did earlier when I wasn't sure which to do.
HugeC
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Jul 23 2010, 09:08 PM) *
@ HugeC: It's all good man, I don't mean to be a dick, I would have worked around it. It just caught me off guard this morning. I'll work you in this weekend. It might run parallel to the rest of the group for a few though.

No sweat dude, I wasn't getting a dickish vibe at all! I just ass-umed I'd need to get Thirty on the way to the meet with my original post. Plus I dunno how in retrospect I interpreted your post to mean I was definitely up; reading it now, it seems obvious that you meant Dr. Z had until the next morning to post. Anyway, I'll throw up another "day in the life" post and then we can see what develops. smile.gif
Ellipsis
Oh my ..... 8d6.hits(5) → [3,1,1,3,5,3,2,5] = (2) stupid exploding teammates! Nice one Rom, I can expect to be handled with brutality and possibly sent home in as pasta sauce if I get lazy! smile.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012