Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Salted Wounds [OOC]
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
Volker
Why is my drone firing randomly at stuff? I don't want SK to have any more reason than necessary to persecute me. And I don't want to risk split parts hurting people. Have I lost control over my drone?
I have taken 4 very precise salvos to bring down the window, then have the drone retreat. As it's as fast as any car, I'm sure with 2 out of 4 init passes free for movement, it should be able to get away before anyone can react.

QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ Jul 28 2018, 12:46 PM) *
@Volker

the car hacking/jacking won't be that easy - especially since the two aren't the owners of the car.

That's why I'm hacking it. Where's the problem? I rolled two offline and one online perception roll and I do my proper Hacking on the Fly actions? Why can I not take it?

Something else: As I informed you earlier, I'm going to be away from Sunday to Sunday. Differently to what I said previously, I would ask you to interrupt the game for the time being, as bnc is kind of a central figure in this and I don't want to miss important parts of the game and/or roleplay. Thanks, dudes!
Jack_Spade
Sorry, there seems to be a missunderstanding:

As I understood you, you wanted your drone to fire with trickshots to make the S-K guys keep their heads down - or has that plan changed? Also it would help if you'd make the rolls for your actions in the corresponding IP posts so I can match up what was only planned and what was actually implemented.

As for Hacking: You did rolls before you even had a target - that makes it really hard for me to implement that - especially because the information I give you might make you change your mind again.
I assume that Perception was meant as Matrix Perception - please state the paramenters you use for this perception i.e. what you are looking for.

Just any old car? Wraith's and Sharkboy's car?

But anyway, see my post on what happens.
Volker
Yeah, I intended to do that originally, but then you said that he's basically drowning in a crowd of frightened people and I want to make clear that we do not even accidently want to hurt people - an impression that Sharkboy made quite difficult to maintain.

As for hacking: I rolled several rolls with ifs and ifnots to speed things up. Basically I was looking for their van, if possible, or another big and fast enough vehicle. But drop that, too. We'll just take their van and bnc will try to hack it via direct connection once they're in.

The first two rolls were mundance perception to locate their car through the sensors of the drone. I figured it wouldn't make sense to search for it matrix-only as there must be hundreds of cars and no means to identify the right one. The last one was matrix perception, as stated.

Yeah, dudes, this might have been my last post. Maybe I can get one up in the evening, but no promises there. See you soon, lads! Really looking forward to returning smile.gif
Gilga
Is Sharkman on the team channel as well? Because Raph is now a pigeon and can only be contacted with magic.

Anyhow, enjoy your trip! We'll be waiting.
Volker
bnc doesn't have his commcode. As soon as she has a couple of seconds left, however, she will search his icon and try to add him.
Gilga
We're planning to meet him shortly at the car anyhow... He did his gymnastic magic to get there before us. (and he has 8 agility). But I think it is really like a few minutes - how far are they parking?
Jack_Spade
To make this short, I'll have you all in the car to continue this conversation
Volker
Sweet plot twist smile.gif
You are aware that Wraith knows Kerstin as well, aren't you? But if the image is bad, I guess it still makes sense that nobody except her sister would recognize her.
SquirrelDude
He was aware it was your sister I suspect (or at least Jack had informed us of the twist), but Sharkboy and Wraith weren't aware that we were picking up bnc up. They only knew that they were picking up someone that matched her description.
Volker
Aaaaaaah! rotfl.gif

This was definitely my last post. See you on Sunday, fellas!!
Gilga
I doubt the drone left the BMW museum though no? Did it really see through invisibility and everything? If it kept following us I am sure that we'd despose of it already. Kind of strange to just shoot it from the car a few blocks away...
SquirrelDude
Here's Sharkboy's anti-con check. I'll add this to the IC post after he finds out the result of shooting at the drone.

[ Spoiler ]

Also, random note to everyone - Remember that "8 )" does not turn into cool.gif but the 8 and ) with no space between them does. I only bring it up because there are lots of character sheets with random cool.gif on them.
Jack_Spade
QUOTE (Gilga @ Jul 30 2018, 11:05 AM) *
I doubt the drone left the BMW museum though no? Did it really see through invisibility and everything? If it kept following us I am sure that we'd despose of it already. Kind of strange to just shoot it from the car a few blocks away...

Actually, I explicitly posted IP that the drone was following you - I just assumed you all ignored it. And also yes, drones with ultrasound are not fooled by invisibility. You'd need a silence spell as well to beat that.
Gilga
I missed it. No way Anna would have helped Sharkboy with an S-K drone over her shoulder... wink.gif haha bnc was probably in her own world and no idea why Sharkboy ignored it. Funny that I managed to miss it.

Somehow Ultrasound makes me laugh... You see through invisible stuff - but unclear how he knew he was still following Anna. wink.gif I know the lore - it'll take Anna a while until she figures out the ultrasound stuff.
SquirrelDude
As for why sharkboy ignored it. He didn't really. He got in the van, got his bow, and shot it at the first opportunity after being informed it was a security drone.
Luckace
hate to be the party pooper, but I'd rather not post in the IC-thread for now (Wraith isn't much for smalltalk anyways) . These are all questions that bnc would not leave unanswered, especially the one about her sister's aura - assuming that she doesn't stay full VR for the entire conversation. I think I'll wait for Volker to return, so bnc has a chance to react before pushing further ahead.

@SquirrelDude : thanks for remembering that drone, totally missed it (or rather forgot about it, once wraith got there), too.

@Jack_Spade: the Detect Enemies didn't yield any results, right? That's one thing I'd like to add in the IC thread before the break, so I don't forget about it next week.
SquirrelDude
Having pointed out the gills, I have a question. Would someone who is able to breath both water and air through their neck have a nose?
Gilga
So let's wait wink.gif
Jack_Spade
@Luckace

The problem with detect enemy is, that someone needs to be around that specifically wants to do harm to you personally - so no, you didn't spot anyone like that.

@SquirrelDude
As long as you have lungs you'll also have a nose
Thanee
QUOTE (SquirrelDude @ Jul 30 2018, 06:57 PM) *
Also, random note to everyone - Remember that "8 )" does not turn into 8) but the 8 and ) with no space between them does. I only bring it up because there are lots of character sheets with random 8) on them.

If you full-edit, you can also disable emoticons for the post with a checkbox below the text window. :)

Bye
Thanee
SquirrelDude
So Salted Wounds IC got locked? Has it been like that a while and I just noticed it?
Thanee
Weird. I don't see why it should be. Anyways, I unlocked it now. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
Nova

[ Spoiler ]
Volker
QUOTE (Luckace @ Jul 30 2018, 09:33 PM) *
hate to be the party pooper, but I'd rather not post in the IC-thread for now (Wraith isn't much for smalltalk anyways) . These are all questions that bnc would not leave unanswered, especially the one about her sister's aura - assuming that she doesn't stay full VR for the entire conversation. I think I'll wait for Volker to return, so bnc has a chance to react before pushing further ahead.

Thanks a lot! When I first saw how many posts there were, I already thought you guys had missed my plea to wait for me in this situation. It would've been really awkward to find bnc in her state - angry, scared, highly alert, high - just sit beside and watch things unfold.
And yeah, I'm back again! smile.gif

Jack_Spade
Welcome back smile.gif

Another character meeting is about to happen, so don't make to many plans now unless you want to explain them a second time biggrin.gif
Gilga
Well, I just learned that resisting leadership is willpower + leadership.

resist leadership: 5d6t5 0

Guess, Raph is in charge wink.gif
Jack_Spade
I'm not particularly fond of PCs using social skill rolls against each others. Let's just say, that it was a very convincing show of leadership by Raph and leave it at that.
Luckace
That wasn't really meant to be a rulewise, binding leadership test, I just wanted to get an impression of how much influence Wraith is exerting in this specific situation, like when I rolled to see how he could influence the crowd earlier. Sorry for not making that clear, I was on the train and was happy that my internet was able to send literally ANYTHING biggrin.gif.

The roll was just meant to describe whether Wraith is actually inspiring and someone you would listen to in this case. I agree with Jack and I guess that things like leading figures should probably be settled via roll play (if at all), not by one lucky roll.

Tbh, I'm not even sure if the rules would apply here, since p141 CB explicitly states that leadership is applied when people accept you as their (lone) superior - which is clearly not the case. The rules are a bit convoluted here and the requirements seem to contradict themselves here and there, imo the rules for leadership are pretty useless anyways, as it barely covers the middle ground between "nope, nothing happens" "congratulations, you now basically mind-control your opponent for X combat turns".
(EDIT: Scrap that part, I just read the rules thoroughly. I mistook the part "using influence" for the whole story.)
Volker
Yeah, I too see it as an indicator for his charisma and presence. bnc would not accept him as a leader but apparently he still manages to convey his massage in an impressive manner. She still opposed him, kind of, but she didn't just walk over him.

@luckace Was that Freud when you wrote that you preferred "roll play"? biggrin.gif
Gilga
Just to be clear, I was 100% fine with that - I was just surprised by the mechanics of it. Recognizing someone as the leader is (the way I see it) not saying 'he is my boss', it means that if he commits for the team it somehow applies to you, and among other things you are more likely to shut up when he tells you to. I think that most groups of friends, people have someone that is the leader - and he usually is not 'superior' to the rest...

Luckace
@Volker
biggrin.gif whoops, hadn't noticed.
"A Freudian slip is, when you say one thing, but mean your mother.
Er, another!"
Anyways: Yes, my thought color will be changed for the future, that dark blue on dark grey truly is painful.

@Gilga
Yeah, that sound like a good way to express leadership without superiority. Glad we sorted that out!
SquirrelDude
I find this blue color to be pretty legible compared to the blue that you were using.
Gilga
On my laptop, both seem good, but on my phone only the first one is legible.
Thanee
I find both the darker blue and the red a little hard to read. But in that case, I just highlight the text with my mouse, then it is easily readable. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Gilga
PS I was assensing Nova and Mr. Nacl (as well as looking around)... Though, I might have forgot to asense them.
Luckace
Oh, my bad then. Thought by "in the SUV" you meant Sharkboy and Wraith inside the van.
Gilga
I meant that she'll astrally project to take a look before walking outside. Seemed like a reasonable thing to do.
Jack_Spade
Yeah, lot's of nature but no astral threats around.
Thanee
We endured the lack of sleep... we survived the onslaught of bullets... but the smell killed us! rotfl.gif

Bye
Thanee

P.S. I'm reasonably sure there will be some ways to clean ourselves and our clothes along the way. Camping showers, automated laundries or a river, if nothing else is available.
Jack_Spade
Well, the van has High Amenities, so it is equivalent to a high lifestyle in cramped conditions - good airfilters are to be expected biggrin.gif
Gilga
Just how big is that van? Do you consider living there? I thought we'll get a hotel room or go camping or something...
Volker
QUOTE (Thanee @ Aug 12 2018, 08:23 AM) *
P.S. I'm reasonably sure there will be some ways to clean ourselves and our clothes along the way. Camping showers, automated laundries or a river, if nothing else is available.

In Winter? Dunno 'bout Nova, but no way bnc is going to bathe in a river. Not even on Kamikaze biggrin.gif
Gilga
I think we should be able to afford a hot shower.
Jack_Spade
For your information: We are talking about the size of a Mercedes Sprinter: https://www.mercedes-seite.de/nutzfahrzeuge...m/#.W3CMOWVR2Uk
Like this, just without the windows and more high tech.
Thanee
QUOTE (Volker @ Aug 12 2018, 04:56 PM) *
In Winter? Dunno 'bout Nova, but no way bnc is going to bathe in a river. Not even on Kamikaze biggrin.gif

Good point.

Maybe someone can summon a fire spirit to heat it up? biggrin.gif

Bye
Thanee
Luckace
I am curious about that conversation wink.gif
Dunno how Anna sees this, but for Raph as a very religious theurgist, spirits are something really special, more like divine avatars (optically I pictured them as vaguely humanoid, misty figures with wings like smoldering embers or whatever element they have) than magical slaves.

"Hey, the water's a bit cold, tell that godly entity of yours to heat it up, I want cozy 25 degrees! And tell it to fetch me a Gin Tonic as well, pronto!" biggrin.gif
Gilga
Anna would not summon a spirt for such a menial task. Note that she refused to summon a spirit when directly asked by bnc.
Thanee
Maybe fire spirits love setting things on fire and heating things up, who knows? spin.gif

Bye
Thanee

P.S. But, yeah, it is not exactly a serious proposal. wobble.gif
SquirrelDude
We arrive in 4 hours, what time is now?
Jack_Spade
It's now 13.30
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012