Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Salted Wounds [OOC]
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
Jack_Spade
I left that vague on purpose.
All in all I expected you to spend two or three days laying low, recovering all your edge before you go on to the final chapter.
Luckace
Ok, thanks.

Btw, did looking for an incident that might indicate the Crusaders turned on the Harvesters yield anything (or basically did the Crusaders follow the false lead we planted in that Harvesters' hideout and made a mess of the place or something)?

QUOTE (Luckace @ Apr 4 2019, 11:26 PM) *
[...]
Wraith also checked local Viennese news for any incident involving the chiphead-hideout where they had dumped the magical axe to lure the Harvesters into the Crusaders' lair. He hoped to read about a fire, a shooting or anything that indicated their plan had worked out.

Luckace
With bnc's Intel, Wraith will try to a) find the lectures she attends, and b) find out about her views and standpoints on whatever matter the lectures address. Based on these infos, he'll elaborate a few statements he can throw out that seem somewhat intellectual and fit decenty well into her own agenda, while - if possible - still incorporating a fresh point of view. Doesn't have to be fool-proof or actually intelligent, just something that will make her think "yeah, this guy is totally right!".
Can I do that with research (and help from the infinite abyss that is bnc's brain and her knowledge, perhaps), or shall I roll something? Wraith has political science at 1, if that helps. I'm unsure as to what degree research or a fella's knowledge can compensate low knowledge skills.

His plan would be to first gain her attention through a similar, complementary world view, then find a way to get to talk to her more personally and at some point during a discussion about clashes and xenophobia - or whatever works well with her sociopolitical views - hopefully share her story.

This will of course only work if she's studying something that supports discussions and different students' opinions. And classes that are open for everyone. smile.gif
Is that the case, Jack?
Jack_Spade
Sure, that's just a typical con roll smile.gif
having all that research and background, I'll grant you a +4 dp bonus
Volker
bnc would load a fitting skillsoft and stay on line with Raph, helping him out with translations of what the girl said and maybe this or that clever remark - if he allows her to.
Thanee
@Volker: Anna is not blonde. According to her description, she has middle-eastern roots.

Bye
Thanee
Volker
I'm shocked! :-O
You sure about this? My whole world crumbles if Anna's not blonde ...
gilga, please tell me he's lying!!
SquirrelDude
Being blonde is a state of mind, not just an appearance. wink.gif
Volker
Erm, how should Anna pass for a student??
She's been learning German for, what?, four week or so? And less than consequent, for all I know. She's not the type to study vocabulary. And she never so much as tried to speak a German sentence when she had another choice.
Sure, you spent some karma points on German, but the stats are there to reflect IC reality, not to shape it. It takes years and years to achieve a level of understanding that enables you to attempt attending a university (let alone, pass), but the demands on language they put on law students are too high even for a majority of native speakers. This would be an absurd stretch of reality, karma or no.
Gilga
She's been in the area all by herself for a month or two in German-speaking environment all by herself for a month or two.
She probably augmented herself to pick it up faster, and perhaps used some online translation tool (like google translate only through DNI). - I know that there is cyberware that does it.

We only RP a tiny fraction of her time you know. Her social skills are limited to 2 so I am not sure that bnc is not a more passable option by the way. She's brilliant enough to invent something that seems related to the study .
Volker
Yeah, I do know. That's what I mean ^^ After two months in a country, where you speak your native language rather than theirs all the time (or have a translation software running), you'll have a hard time asking someone for the way without help. To study law, you must have better German skills than 90 % of all natives have. I mean, it's okay by me if you say "Hey it's a game, we don't need to be realistic", but it's a really far stretch at the minimum, translation softs and high intuition or no.
Luckace
I agree with you that it would be quite a stretch to pass as a law student with such little language skills.
But I think a person with Anna's social skills will be able to come up with an excuse to have the main conversation in English or something to hide how poorly she speaks the language.
Gilga
She is not a student, she is a prospective student... does she has to be a law student? Israeli's do it in Italy all the time, they study medicine they visit institutions usually before they study Italian. If they decide to enroll then they take a 1-year Italian course and then begin the study. Most of them speak fluently after the first year. I met several prospective students that did not speak a word of Italian during my stay.
Jack_Spade
Two things:

- Language shouldn't be much of a problem since most students speak enough English to get by

- Your best bet is indeed to ask the blogger or mind probe the student
Thanee
Does anyone else think, this is not a coincidence? biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ Apr 30 2019, 07:46 PM) *
She had been talking to an other man. An elf, I think, tall, blond with a super cool mowhawk and one of those urban street skater/parcour outfits, you know, those armored coveralls. He had the "Teufelskerle" logo on his back.

QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ Mar 25 2019, 10:34 PM) *
When she came up, she looked at the figure of a lone elf in swimming trunks standing next to the pool, a towel held in his hands across his neck. He was well muscled and sported a blond mohawk.

Only Anna might be able to actually make that connection, though...

Wraith did share both his audio and visual feed with the group.

Bye
Thanee
Luckace
Yeah, that would be one heck of a coincidence!:D

Phew, glad I'm not the only one thrown off by that... Thought I was going paranoid there wink.gif
Jack_Spade
grinbig.gif biggrin.gif
Thanee
Did Anna at least get his number? wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
Gilga
I'd assume so unless Jack says otherwise.
Jack_Spade
I'd say, make an Edge roll to see if you did in fact exchange comm codes with this random runner
Gilga
Edge: 3d6t5 1
SquirrelDude
https://www.catalystgamelabs.com/2019/05/01...erpunk-fantasy/ So 6th Edition was announced. I assume we aren't planning to switch over?
Jack_Spade
Considering that not even the quickstart rules are out, I'm not particularly inclined to make that decision yet wink.gif

Thanee
Yeah, might be a weeeeeee bit early for that. biggrin.gif

Bye
Thanee
Volker
Sorry for not posting earlier. Was heck of a busy weekend smile.gif
I'm back now and should be able to post daily or so for the rest of the week at least.

I wrote my post under two assumptions:
- We do meet at the people in swimwear.
- Anna did not cast an Improve Charisma spell on bnc.

Is that right?
Gilga
She would if bnc requests it but otherwise no... She looks up to her as a real shadowrunner.
Volker
Then bnc didn't. Otherwise we'd have to rewind.
Thanee
"get her to safety" ?

I'm pretty sure, that we want to help her complete her mission there... which is likely the opposite of safety. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
Jack_Spade
Splitterbruch doesn't know that - he just doesn't believe that Bean Si needs help. But he does know that she desperately wants to find her sister.
Volker
QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ May 7 2019, 08:55 PM) *
"Yeah, Bean Si asked pretty much all her contacts to look for you.
Well, I hope it isn't contageous."
She paid me at the meeting, I left to drop the package about an hour later and leave town."

Splitterbruch replied.

How long ago was that meeting?
Jack_Spade
QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ Apr 12 2019, 05:09 PM) *
Searching the Salzburg Grid shows that the border city has a lot of money flowing through it. Tourism and Catholizism are the two watchwords around here. There is a functioning welfare system operated by the Caritas and quite an effective police force, the Bishop's Guard. They are all trained to deal with magical threats - including infected like vampires, making the city particularly unwelcoming to runners, infected and anarchists.
The most prominent citizen is Nebelherr, the German dragon, who bought the Schloss Hellabrunn, including the park and the zoologic garden.
Incongruently to the magic opposing Archbishop, the University Salzburg does have a study course for hermetic thaumaturgy.

All in all, Salzburg is considered the most secure city in all of Austria.
Consequently, there is no known infected community to be found and all missing persons cases are very stringently pursued.
Discretion seems to be a very important part of operating in the Mozart city...

The only interesting bit of news is an item about a brawl at one of the university taverns, where a student from a Burschenschaft got roughed up a week ago. The private blog post mentioned that a mummed woman didn't liked to be called a muslim whore and kicked the guy's teeth in before leaving the place. It's name: Urban Lemon Chili, Kitchen&Bar.

One week ago
Gilga
Jack, anything else Anna notices at the mourge?
Thanee
@Anna: You know, there are still some people in Salzburg, who could take a physical look. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
Gilga
Yes, I was RPing the thrill seeker negative quality.
Thanee
I see, I see. biggrin.gif

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
So, what do we (as in Wraith and Nova) know about the new information now? I'm not entirely sure, if and what was shared. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Gilga
Anna would share anything she told bnc.
Volker
QUOTE (Volker @ May 16 2019, 07:31 AM) *
Once all the info has been shared with the team, bnc again initiates a conference in the teamchannel.

Volker
Do we have names, faces, or anything else?
Jack_Spade
I think so - or do you mean name and face of the consultant? wink.gif

The consultant is named as Herr Dr. Mag. Robert Buchner
Volker
lmao

What does a matrix search on him provide? Matrix Search: 15d6t5 3
Jack_Spade
He has worked as a docent of applied Thaumaturgy in Vienna - Dr. Singer School of magic - and is 43 years old. The short cv only tells you that he is an initiate of the 3rd order and a member of Mitsuhama Europe.

The Kühberg is a 711m high foothill of the Gaisberg with the medival castle Schloss Neuhaus. The Kühberg alternates between wooded areas and pastures. It was a popular tourist destination, but is currently considered unsafe due to a small population of awakened alpine critters. Chief among them are a breeding pair of Lindworms.
Volker
Okay, so it's not the Neophidae magus? Good, those beasts are 10 m and more and have wings ^^ I pretty much prefer this version, difficult to spot or no
SquirrelDude
Personal Life Update as we may be heading towards combat or a dangerous situation over the next month.

I'm going to be in Europe for 2 weeks, flying out of the states on June 15th and returning the 29th. I may or may not have access to the site to even check in because I will likely not have even have a laptop, and just my iPhone 3s.
Jack_Spade
Have fun and thanks for the notice.
Where are you going to visit?
Thanee
Safe travels! smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
SquirrelDude
Stockholm for 10 days, and Rome for 4.
Jack_Spade
I hear you can get really attached to Stockholm wink.gif
Gilga
Have fun in Europe!
Thanee
QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ May 25 2019, 04:47 PM) *
I hear you can get really attached to Stockholm wink.gif

Only, if you are taken hostage there. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012