Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Salted Wounds [OOC]
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
Luckace
Enjoy your trip! smile.gif

Btw, perhaps my perception-rolls disappeared within the chaos of the separate timelines:
QUOTE (Luckace @ May 21 2019, 07:49 PM) *
Wraith carefully made his way to the indicated spot, where he first took a look around the place for any suspicious onlookers etc.
If he finds himself unwatched, he then opens his third eye, visualized the aura he knew from Kerstin, and tries to find any traces of her signature.

[ Spoiler ]

Anything or anyone at the gas station? Do I spot Kerstin's signature and is it possible to somewhat back-track it to get a clue how or by which means she appeared at the drop spot? And what exactly is the drop spot?
Gilga
By the way Anna asking what we're going to do there is me not figuring it up wink.gif
Jack_Spade
@Luckace
You'd find the same thing that Anna found already. The drop spot was a large waste metal container
Volker
QUOTE (Gilga @ May 26 2019, 08:10 PM) *
By the way Anna asking what we're going to do there is me not figuring it up wink.gif

Yeah, pbp can be confusing if RL's keeping you distracted. You can always ask OoC in this thread, however, if you think it's something Anna wouldn't mess up. It does have an impact on her character. I wouldn't want bnc to be confirmed in her view of Anna as a blonde idiot if it's not actually Anna who can't follow a ten minutes discussion but you losing track between posts that spread over two weeks and two threads.
Gilga
Its mainly me lol - but I enjoy the idiot vibe.
Luckace
QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ May 26 2019, 09:07 PM) *
@Luckace
You'd find the same thing that Anna found already. The drop spot was a large waste metal container

K, thanks. Sorry, I must have overlooked that.
How easily accessable is that container? Would opening it have caused a lot of ruckus?
Jack_Spade
Not at all, it was a very quiet, well thought out drop spot.
Luckace
Ah, I get it now. Thanks for your description, I didn't have such a forlorn setting in mind.smile.gif Well, asking if anyone had seen her seems pretty pointless to me, now.
Volker
I believe, bnc is still streaming Parazoology from Singularity.
Parazoology: 10d6t5 3
What are these birds?
Jack_Spade
Awakened carrion crows.
They don't like people getting close to their sleeping places high up in the trees. They are highly intelligent and quite social outside mating season, so they tend to attack in swarms if one of them calls out a warning.
The awakened version is known to not just look for carrion or human trash, but to also take down larger animals like hares and cats.
Luckace
I probably won't be able to set up another post this weekend. I'm in the mountains, climbing, and my phone doesn't really have internet connection here. Sorry for not planning ahead, somehow I didn't really think about that.

Wraith will agree to whatever plan is settled.

If he's supposed to roll something, I'd kindly ask one of you to roll (and play him) for me, I'll be back on Monday. Thanks in advance.

Shapechange (stat boost on Bod+Rea) and Mindnet (range Fx60m) are both 14D, drain resistance with prayer is 12D.

Thanks in advance smile.gif
Volker
Is this Schloss Neuhaus?
Volker
Is there a way to locate the jammer? I'd assume, especially if it's a directed one, that you should be able to pinpoint ity physical loaction.
Jack_Spade
Yes, either through triangulation, or by looking for it on the matrix (it's running silent wireless on) and tagging it.
You'll find it in the middle of the room, facing the door
Thanee
With "middle of the room" you mean the next room? Or the one we are in?

Bye
Thanee
Jack_Spade
The next

https://pyrophilios.files.wordpress.com/2019/06/jamming.png
Volker
19P is a lot of damage ... is there any way to avoid it? Like, jumping out of the room or something? As I'm not Jumped In anymore, I guess I can't use edge to save James.
Do we get a defense roll or only soak?

EDIT:
BOD 4 + armor 13 (-5): Soak: 12d6t5 3
That would be 16P damage ...
As drones only have 6 + BOD/2 boxes, that'd be 8. Means, I exceed it by 8 points. Means, James is dust and beyond repair, right?
SquirrelDude
Luckace stated that Wraith is against the wall? I assume the one next to the door. Sharkboy is next to Wraith, so they should be facing similar levels of damage to absorb or dodge.
Jack_Spade
Sorry, no dodging against explosions.
I did add two warnings in my posts

But you misread the explosion: It's flechette, so you gain +5 Armor. So for James it would turn to Stun and therefore won't do him any harm.
Luckace
Oh boy...

@SquirrelDude: He just needed the wall to lean his body against it while he was blacked out - no need to stay there longer.

The way I read it, Anna used the spell after Wraith had already returned from projecting. If so, I don't see why the two shouldn't be in the back with the rest of the team. But IC is pretty convoluted at that point, so I could be misunderstanding this. If Wraith is still out projecting (meaning his body is leaning against the wall) while she casts magic fingers, then I'd say you're probably right, and the two of them are a bit closer.

Edit: Btw, @Jack: Did the jammer get destroyed in the process?
Always look on the bright side of life...wink.gif
SquirrelDude
Somewhere Slobbertooth is shaking his head that bnc again let her teammates learn the lesson of not opening suspicious doors the hard way.
Gilga
Yes, I am sorry for not keeping it clearer I posted form the doctor. I am with a sick kiddo and waited for like 3 hours. She'll have everyone back, not just herself. Everything is fine anyhow.

In case tomorrow is bad for posting:

Heal spell for Wraith, after bnc does her magic.
heal spell: 15d6t5 7

resist pain for everyone else (if they want it).
resist pain spell: 2#17d6t5 8 3 - maximum is 6, Nova Shark).
drain: 2#15d6t5 3 6

Volker
@Jack
Woohoo smile.gif That misreading gave me an awesome surprise this morning smile.gif

@luckace
If your 23 dice are BOD (3) + Armor jacket (12) + Helmet (3) + AP (5), your armor would exceed the DV, so your damage, too, is only stun.

@Squirrel
What? How is it bnc's responsibility any more than her teammates'? Not that she could have done a lot, anyway.

@myself
I'm just so glad that bnc didn't come in her meat body. This might have killed her ^^
Thanee
QUOTE (Volker @ Jun 6 2019, 07:43 AM) *
@Squirrel
What? How is it bnc's responsibility any more than her teammates'? Not that she could have done a lot, anyway.

Haha, yeah. I don't see how bnc had anything to do with that part. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
SquirrelDude
QUOTE (Volker @ Jun 6 2019, 12:43 AM) *
@Squirrel
Just ribbing you a bit. I still remember Slob walking through a door a bit early and taking the brunt of a similar explosive surprise.
Volker
I guess as bnc's player I deserve as much ribbing as I can get ^^ I honestly don't know how you all deal with her so well. I'd kill her in a day.
Thanee
Okay, if we go back for a moment, we can use the R6 Medkit. Also, for First Aid to work properly, any body armor has to be removed, so it really makes sense to do that at the van. smile.gif

Assuming bnc's assistance (13 dice), Nova would do the First Aid rolls (since we all have 6+ boxes of stun).

Modifiers:

-1 average conditions at the van (?)
+6 Medkit R6
+X assistance (hits from 19 dice; Limit 6 (Nova's First Aid Rating))
-2 awakened patient (for Anna, Sharkboy, and Wraith)
-1 for lost Essence (for Sharkboy, and Nova)

I will go ahead and roll all that...

Anna

Teamwork 6 hits
First Aid 5 hits => 3 stun removed

Wraith

Teamwork 8(6) hits
First Aid 6 hits => 4 stun removed

Sharkboy

Teamwork 3 hits
First Aid 8 hits => 6 stun removed

Nova

Teamwork 6 hits
First Aid 6 hits => 4 stun removed

Bye
Thanee
Gilga
Thanks, do we really need to go back to the castle? There are likely people on the way (perhaps more so after the explosion).
SquirrelDude
Well I don't think anyone has had a look in the room behind the explosive outside of the astral, yet.
Thanee
I think we should finish our investigation there. This place is a bit farther out, right? So, whoever is coming, won't be there in just a few minutes. We should have some time still.

Of course, we should not linger too long.

Bye
Thanee
Luckace
Right, it's stun damage. Thanks smile.gif
Luckace
QUOTE (SquirrelDude @ Jun 6 2019, 08:00 PM) *
Well I don't think anyone has had a look in the room behind the explosive outside of the astral, yet.

I believe bnc just peeked inside.

EDIT:
QUOTE (Volker @ Jun 6 2019, 06:50 AM) *
James was hurled more than a meter through the air but the autopilot managed to roll off smoothly. When the blast was over, the armor was dented and lined with scrapes, but James stood.

"bnc is miles away", bnc adds, then looks around. To her shame, she first looks into the room and only then checks for her teammates' health.

[ Spoiler ]
SquirrelDude
Wholly unrelated to Shadowrun, but this is pretty neat
Thanee
Okay, so we will do the First Aid now (rolls already made above). smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
SquirrelDude
I'll leave it to Jack to decide how much a Ballistic Helmet interferes with a first aid check. Besides that, Sharkboy does get out of his armor.
Jack_Spade
That shouldn't be a problem, consider your mask just in need of a bit of refurbishment due to quite a few scratches.

As for detect enemies: That won't work since the HTR team hasn't identified you as their enemies yet. In terms of the spell, they are just people ready to do violence to whoever they meet up there.
Gilga
Just some situation awareness - I imagine getting arrested but will an HTR team just shoot us for trespassing? I mean we did break some laws, but are we really at the shoot first ask question later phase?
Jack_Spade
This is not the police you are dealing with. This is Mitsuhama looking for their employee and Kerstin.
Luckace
QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ Jun 8 2019, 06:03 PM) *
That shouldn't be a problem, consider your mask just in need of a bit of refurbishment due to quite a few scratches.

As for detect enemies: That won't work since the HTR team hasn't identified you as their enemies yet. In terms of the spell, they are just people ready to do violence to whoever they meet up there.

Ah, ok. Makes sense^^
Thanee
Yeah, I guess if they do not even know who you are, they cannot really have hostile intentions aimed towards you. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Luckace
QUOTE (Thanee @ Jun 8 2019, 10:48 PM) *
Yeah, I guess if they do not even know who you are, they cannot really have hostile intentions aimed towards you. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee

Well, I believe it's not that simple. After all, they might have already linked our interference in Munic to the attack in Linz (where they got excellent footage of Wraith) and thus connected the dots that an enemy runner team is on Bean Si as well. One look at the castle makes it clear that a third party was involved, and then they could theoretically connect the dots and assume that the meddlers here are the same as in Munich and Linz.
By that, I believe they could mark Wraith - as that young snoop who hid from the worker drones and whose team wrecked Assault and Battery (and the whole building in that process biggrin.gif ) - as an enemy and have hostile intentions towards him.

But that's a very hypothetical approach, of course, and implies very connective communication between Mitsuhama and several executive forces.
I'm not saying that they would be seeing him as an enemy, just that they could. smile.gif
Volker
Thanks for rolling, Jack!
Volker
@Thanee
I don't understand your post. We already are on the move...
Thanee
Ah, sorry, then I missed that. Will correct my post. Thanks! smile.gif

Also, that reminded me, that we still have the two bikes there, since we arrived seperately.

Bye
Thanee
Luckace
Quick heads-up:
Towards the end of the week, I'll be unable to post. I'll be on a festival from Thursday to Sunday, moshing my brains out, and will likely not have my phone with me. Thus, from Thursday to Monday I probaly won't be able to access the forum.

@Volker: As the one who knows Wraith best: Would you mind steering him - should the necessity arise - for me?
Volker
@Luckace sure will

@Jack
I'll post tomorrow - no energy left today. I was afraid, you'd miss it, but I placed a question between the dice rolls: when was Kerstin's last matrix action, and what was it?

@team
bnc will share her findings.
Volker
@all
I'm waiting for Jack's response before I continue.
Jack_Spade
Sorry, took a while to get back to this:

Kerstin's last matrix action was edit file the day before yesterday at around 2000h.
Gilga
I was away - but I am confused now. Didn't we discuss Anna projecting toward Kerstain? What do you want to happen now?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012