Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Salted Wounds [OOC]
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
Volker
That's exactly why I ask wink.gif
Thanee
They reached a locked door behind which they could hear two voices conversing...

In what way is the door locked?

And does it look sturdy enough, so trying to break it down might not be the best idea?

Bye
Thanee
Jack_Spade
Ah sorry, that should read closed, not locked.
Thanee
Ah, alright. Then I guess we will try and jump these guys...

Bye
Thanee
Gilga
Before combat Anna would like to recap with some spells:

Spells: Invisibility 3 hits on Shark.

Agility for Anna:
Improve agility F6: 17d6t5 8
drain: 11d6t5 3

Invisibility on Nova:
Invisiblity: 13d6t5 3
drain: 11d6t5 2

Sustain Invisibility 1 illusionist, invisibility 2 focused concentration, improved agility health focus.

Threshold 2 can be solved by the drone buying hits.

Sneak Anna can buy 4 hits, but she's likely to allow Shark and Nova (who are invisible) to go first.
SquirrelDude
Waiting for Thanee to roll Nova's init before I act.

Is there only one guy upstairs? I thought there were two in the room?
Jack_Spade
I assumed you waited for the moment where the other one had left the room while your primary target waited for the elevator to arrive.
Thanee
QUOTE (SquirrelDude @ Oct 16 2019, 09:59 PM) *
Waiting for Thanee to roll Nova's init before I act.

I did. 17.

Bye
Thanee
SquirrelDude
We don't need this guy alive, right?
Jack_Spade
Nope
Gilga
Squirrel Dude - I am pretty sure you just did 10 physical - because Jack already rolled soak for the first 3 attacks. I'll wait for Nova as I don't think Anna can cause physical damage with such a high armor.

She might try to levitate the man or something similar.
SquirrelDude
I'll let Jack make the call. If he intended for those to be the soak rolls, and Sharkboy is the first to attack then I suppose he did 10. That would be more than 6, but it may also not matter depending on what Nova does.
Gilga
Yeath, let's wait for Nova, and then Wraith. Anna would not directly damage the man.
Thanee
Also, wouldn't the damage from Sharkboy's attack be converted to stun? I guess, that is 20 Armor and 6 Body there, so the 18P would not be higher than the armor.

Anyways... let's get that man down.

Bye
Thanee
Luckace
QUOTE (Gilga @ Oct 18 2019, 03:25 AM) *
Yeath, let's wait for Nova, and then Wraith. Anna would not directly damage the man.

Ah. Are you saying that you're delaying Anna's action until after Wraith (and Nova, of course) have acted? 'Cause initiative-wise, she'd act before Wraith.
Gilga
Anna lets Shark and nova do their thing, she'll follow after so in game terms a delayed action seems reasonable.

Luckace
Ah, okay. Thanks for clarifying, wasn't sure if that had meant you wanted Wraith to act before Anna as well.
Luckace
@Jack: Question about perceiving magic (p281, CB), in that case area spells.
If Wraith casts Detect Enemies, Extended does everyone in the spell's area get to roll for noticing being "scanned" by the spell (like, dunno, through a sudden shiver or the feeling of being watched)? As opposed to "only the people around him, that see him casting, get to roll."

And how specific would that "feeling" be? I guess with the amount of security mages, the passage of Watchers and all those wards, a magical tingle once in a while is not abnormal.

I find the passage in the book ambiguous, as they don't really cover spells that effect a whole area.
Thanee
Does anyone have Physical Mask? Might be worth a shot to impersonate the guy going down to check on bnc.

Bye
Thanee
Jack_Spade
@Luckace
Detect Enemies allows everyone in the radius a perception and a resistance test.

But yes, there are enough wards around that one more tingle won't be noticed much.
On the other hand, there ware so many wards around, that you'll have trouble noticing anything with that spell to any reliable degree - especially since Wraith still hasn't gotten round to making anyone his enemy in particular (or have you been identified by now? If so I've forgotten)
Luckace
@Jack:
K, thanks.
Yeah, I don't think we've been identified yet, but that wasn't my intention. I throught of using the spell to make sure Nyan is no enemy of us.
Luckace
Oh, and where is the location bnc sent us relative to the elevator shaft? Just roughly, do we have to traverse the whole lair or are we right there, once we've taken the ride down?
Jack_Spade
The elevator shaft is pretty central to the base while bnc is about 50m to the east from that.
Jack_Spade
s
Volker
I'm not sure which part of the description is directed at whom. The elevator is not in the room where bnc is, is it? Where is the rest of the team (I never read any of their messages)? So, am I facing
a) a terrible threat (an alert guard, while I'm as defenseless as possible)
b) my rescue team
c) both
d) nothing
?
Luckace
@Jack: Thanks.

@Volker: Pretty sure the opening elevator doors + guard are from the team's point of view. Jack described that there was only one elevator to the bottom level and bnc should currently be 50m away from that.
Volker
thanks
Gilga
Hi Jack, if you would allow to recast the spells near the end of the elevator trip (assuming there is one ward per floor).
Anna would renew the invisibility on Shark/Nova and the agility boost for herself.

I worked in both scenarios to speed things.

Initiative: 14+2d6 25 Iniitative
Taser dart + aim: 13d6t5 5 damage is 9S -5AP + net hits.

If she can renew the spells then she'll do her agility first:
improve agility: 17d6t5 7
drain: 11d6t5 6
Improve agility dice: 4d6t5 1

Which would increase her hits to 6.
Invisiiblity*2: 2#13d6t5 1 6 (She cast for 2 drain so I F3 only 3 hits kept.)
drain: 2#11d6t5 5 5

Jack_Spade
You can renew your spells
Gilga
Anna: 25: Taser 6 hits, 9(S) -5AP electric. -6 stun, -5 initiative to guard.
Shark: 20: Melee - 7P damage.
Nova: 16: ?
Guard: 15--> 10
Thanee
Ohh... he takes physical damage from Sharkboy's attack? Okay, then he is still standing.

I, also, completely misread his post (thought he was dropping this guard, unconsious, not the previous one). smile.gif

Yeah, I will obviously change my action in that case.

Bye
Thanee
Gilga
The strange thing about SR seperate damage track.
Thanee
Is the next room (the one where you need to be scanned first) the only way out (other than the elvator, obviously)?

Bye
Thanee
Jack_Spade
Yes, behind that the dangerous research happens
Thanee
Great! biggrin.gif

Bye
Thanee
Luckace
@Jack: I take it the biosuits are meant to be worn over their uniforms, so we don't have to ditch our armor to wear them, right?
Jack_Spade
That's correct - although any kind of physical damage is bound to rupture these suits.
Luckace
@Jack: What's the background count inside the square?
Volker
If the rooms are arranged corridor-like, wouldn't that mean that sending the guard off would make him stumble directly into the team?
Gilga
Just to speed things up:

Anna:
Initiative`: 14+2d6 20
Sneaking: 16d6t5 7 - after drone
Fire taser: 17d6t5 7 damage is 9(s) -5AP.

So BGC 1: 6 successes
BGC 2: 6 successes
BGC 3: 5 successes
BGC 4: 5 successes.
Jack_Spade
@Luckace

in the corridors, the BGC climbs to 3. By now it's pretty clearly similar to the hunger and death aspect you felt on the Vienna cemetery.

@Volker
That depends on which direction the guard chooses to reach the exit. He can choose to move first south, then west or first west then south.
The drone moves north, east, south, west.

@Gilga
Drone EW: 8d6t5 4
Doesn't notice you, so no defense
You see one of the NeoNet Juggernaughts
Soak: EW: 19d6t5 11
it takes 3 P(e) damage
Ini: 8+4d6 25
Thanee
Looks like we will have to fight our way out now. biggrin.gif

Bye
Thanee
Gilga
I'd wait for Volker to respond if bnc is free to hack the drone before sneaking after it, and for Shark to perhaps join her in the feat (she did talk about redundancy).

SquirrelDude
Was really hoping to get a chance to sneak and take a couple actions aiming a bow shot to max out chances to hit his physical limit on the attack. Or at least string an arrow.

Damn chaos mages nyahnyah.gif
Gilga
Anna would let you do that, I posted the rolls so we'll have them. I did not IC her going after the drone before bnc answers the link and so forth. I rolled so you don't wait on me.
Jack_Spade
Yeah, I assume you do communicate about this.
But beware.
Currently the drone is on its way towards the guard and both have line of sight to each other. So you better should be prepared to take on the guard too.

As for wards: None inside the facility.
Usual caveat for detect enemies applies though.
Luckace
@Jack: okay. I get that guards wouldn't see Wraith as an enemy - but what about infected? If there are any infected specimen inside the facility, would they not see a living and tasty human as an enemy?

Sorry to keep asking about the spell, but I feel like the rules are incredibly unspecific about this:D
Thanee
Okay, so...

Anna and Sharkboy will take out the drone?

Then Nova would keep up with them and look for the guard to take him out.

Bye
Thanee
Gilga
BTW: I just noticed that Anna has 7 in pistols! So she would make 4P, as she has one more die than I've given her.
Jack_Spade
@Luckace
I'm really sorry, but an infected would be pretty much equivalent to the lunatic firing into the throng of people as per the spell description. But I promise you, once the ghoul horde had spotted you and is out for your flesh, the spell will work...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012