Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Salted Wounds [OOC]
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
Jack_Spade
Quickdraw quiver allows you - as far as I am concerned - to use the quickdraw action with arrows. And yes, the seeker shafts are a flat addition to the existing arrow.
Volker
@Jack
Did Abdecker miss or ignore bnc's request? Or did you miss it OoC?
Jack_Spade
Sorry, missed your post ooc. Should probably refresh more when posting from my smartphone
Volker
ah okay ^^
how does it work, rulewise? Do I have to buy cybereyes? Or only the additional costs for magnification, thermovision and stuff? What capacity do I have?
Thanee
You should buy sensors, not cybereyes.

p. 446 SR5 for individual stuff or p. 123 Rigger 5 for the drone specific Sensor Attribute.

As for capacity... p. 122 Rigger 5 "The Basics" covers that.

Bye
Thanee
Jack_Spade
Yeah, you basically take the camera that is already within the drone as part of the sensor array and add the necessary vision enhancements
Volker
Okay, thank you, lads!
In my case, I have sensor 5, thus also a capacity of 5. Thus, I could add:
- low-light [1]
- flare compensation [1]
- thermographic vision [1]
- vision magnification
Volker
Okay, lads, thanks!
As I have sensor 5, I should also have 5 points of capacity.

Does a drone need the smartlink upgrade of its sensors or does it count as if having a DNI?

If not, I'd like to take:
- low-light vision [1]
- thermographic vision [1]
- flare compensation [1]
- vision magnification [1]
- vision enhancement 1 [1]

That would sum up to € 2000.
Jack_Spade
Drones use smartsoft from Rigger5, no need for smartlink
Volker
If that's okay, I'd also take:
audio enhancement III [3] € 1500
select sound filter II [2] € 500

So, that would be € 4,000 for the upgrade. We received € 10,000 from Nacl, so that'd be a plus of € 6,000 right?
Can he organize both upgrades?
Jack_Spade
Sure
Thanee
@Gilga and Luckace: Write down the items you wanted from the looted stuff, and I will remove them from the list.

Bye
Thanee
Volker
Shall we take one of the Transys as a team-link? Like a high-quality burner
Thanee
Sure, why not.

Bye
Thanee
Luckace
QUOTE (Thanee @ Mar 24 2019, 04:11 PM) *
@Gilga and Luckace: Write down the items you wanted from the looted stuff, and I will remove them from the list.

Bye
Thanee

Right, thanks.
Hermes Ikon
Ballistic Mask
(Both from the warehouse chief)
Volker
@Jack
I love all that small details that make your tellings colorful. smile.gif
Volker
In how much detail do you want to roleplay the downtime?
Jack_Spade
It's a safe place, we can do as much or as little with it as you want. But the main function should be to give you IP a time to coordinate, reach out and plan your next steps.

You have a reasonable guess that Bean Si will already be in Salzburg, so whatever measures you want to undertake to find, help or stop her, now is the time to talk them through.
Volker
biggrin.gif
This is so Anna xD it took him less than 20 sentences to get laid.
SquirrelDude
"Hey member of a runner team that is laying low, why don't you come up to my room alone? I"m trained and augmented and can assense magic, I don't pose a threat."

"Hot."
Thanee
The best kind of assassin. biggrin.gif

Bye
Thanee
Volker
"Yeah, and besides all it took is basically: Hey, I'm John. You're hot. I'm hot. Let's fuck." ^^
Jack_Spade
Well, no need to overcomplicate these things - also I think I had so many NPCs ignore Anna's advances, I thought it was time for her to have a more satisfactory outcome for once wink.gif
Gilga
More like - I am not going to score any better this night so let's fuck wink.gif
Luckace
@Jack: So about our new toys: Can we assume Abdecker already brought us/installed the non-exotic presents? Or are our characters still in the dark about when our presents arrive?
Volker
Abdecker told us it would take some time and he'll reach out to us then. IC only one night passed.
Luckace
Ah, thanks, I totally missed that part.
Luckace
@Jack:
Wraith has the spell Mindnet (Extended). If he uses that spell to show Anna Kerstin's aura, would you allow Anna/her spirits to search for her, just like if she had seen it herself?
Jack_Spade
A creative solution, I'll allow it smile.gif
Luckace
Nice! smile.gif
Volker
Do we know anything by now how she regains essence?
Jack_Spade
Regaining Essence?
That's only something Strain I HMHVV sufferers can do (and certain spirits). Kerstin needs flesh from sapient beings.
But yes, you can assume that she will not go out during daylight.
Also, you know that she was pretty obsessed about what happened to bnc, going so far as to hire Abdecker to look for her.
Volker
a) Doesn't she need the flesh for regaining essence?
b) Do we know which results Abdecker already provided her?
Thanee
I think she is more like a ghoul than a vampire. Ghouls do not lose Essence at all. But they have to eat raw meat to survive (as "regular" food). Vampires lose Essence and have to refill that, but they also have a "special diet" (blood in their case). The raw meat is the equivalent to the blood.

Bye
Thanee
Volker
Ah, all right. I never occupied myself much with ghouls. Thought it worked the same way. Thanks for clarification.
Luckace
@Thanee: Did Nova join the Mindnet?
Thanee
Sure, she is quite curious to see that. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee

P.S. Sorry for the silence, pretty busy with work. smile.gif
Jack_Spade
Just a reminder: wraith does have a relative current picture of Kerstin in his mind: he dug through the memories of Assault, who nearly caught Kerstin a month ago.
Gilga
Off topic: Tonight an Israeli spaceship will attempt to land on the moon!
https://www.space.com/israel-moon-landing-b...et-webcast.html
I am so excited!
Volker
lol, I confused the two mages. It was Anna with the Resist Pain spell.

@gilga: Does the "I'll do that" refer to the heal spell or is she indicating that she's the one with the painkiller? Because if the latter's the case, bnc didn't get it.
Gilga
Anna has magical painkillers, she'll use them though she thinks bnc is crazy. bnc should know that Anna has magical painkillers she used them in front of her for herself, and Nova and perhaps Wraith (not sure about Wraith).
Volker
@gilga: bnc would only state laconically that surgery is not considered to be mutilation in modern civilizations, but she'll happily accept both the Resist Pain and the Heal spell.

@Jack: Did we regain one point of edge in the Adler?
Jack_Spade
Yes, certainly smile.gif
Luckace
So, I just thought of something that I find pretty cool, but I'm quite unsure if the rules would allow Wraith to think of that:
There is the band "Twisted Sister". To anyone doing research, a name like [i]"Twisted Sister Revival Corp"[/i], combined with a band's logo would only hint at some neo-rockers, which fits perfectly with the alibi of "tell us your pirate-channel".
To Kerstin, however, it'd be a dead giveaway at bnc's return.

I kinda like that idea, but, well, remembering Twisted Sister a century past their prime would be quite a feat.

@Jack: How does this go - Do you allow simply carrying over present-day cultural references or do I need to make a knowledge roll or something?
Volker
biggrin.gif I pee my pants ^^
And their newest song in 2076 is Sweet but psycho biggrin.gif
Jack_Spade
"We're not gonna take it..." biggrin.gif
Go ahead with that. It's nothing a bit of research couldn't unearth in a few minutes.
Volker
Is it a 20th century band IC, too, or is it a contemporary band of the 2070s?
Luckace
Sweet, thanks biggrin.gif
Jack_Spade
Everything old is new again, so I'll say: Yes, both.
Luckace
When were we supposed to meet Abdecker in Innsbruck again? Was it tomorrow, and did he roughly specify a time?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012