Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Salted Wounds [OOC]
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
Volker
Yeah, that's what we're waiting for ^^
Thanee
QUOTE (Gilga @ Jun 15 2019, 06:01 AM) *
I was away - but I am confused now. Didn't we discuss Anna projecting toward Kerstain? What do you want to happen now?

Exactly that.

But we wanted to be close by, just in case. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
Woohoo! smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
SquirrelDude
Exciting.

Also in 40 minutes I board a 9 hr flight to London, landing with an hour to run through customs and board a 3 hour flight to Stockholm, so Sharkboy may be slow to react to danger for a while.
Thanee
Safe travels!

And have fun in Stockholm. Surely a great place to be! smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Volker
Are the gun and drone still slaved to the commlink?
Jack_Spade
Nope, the link cut ties to all equipment after the reboot.
SquirrelDude
Good news: I may be able to respond for a little bit.

Bad news: I’m in London for an extra day
Thanee
I can think of worse places to be for an extra day. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Gilga
You seem to travel a lot wink.gif
SquirrelDude
Just a couple of connecting flights.
Volker
I won't be able to post tomorrow and the day after, because I'm in Prague with my students.
Jack_Spade
@Gilga

You can't accompany Kerstin - there is no door to get into the kiosk from the side you are standing on (the reason why Kerstin chose this place for the meeting)
If you want to talk to her, you have to use commlinks for communication.
Thanee
She could "walk with her" astrally, though. biggrin.gif

Bye
Thanee
Gilga
I will edit.
Gilga
@Jack, thanks for the clearification I edited my post of having Anna walk with Bean Si on the astral.

This is the edited post for ease of reference.

Anna submerges into the astral and "walks" a bit with Kerstain. This time not trying to hide too much, she suggests "Kerstain, bnc risked her life to find you, and will never forgive herself is she loses you. To the very least allow me to provide some magical security, or to send a spirit to keep you safe. There are many people that wish to catch you, and I was in the same room as you when bnc made the call. You need a mage on your side as resourceful as you are."

@Volker - as much as I want her to respond, Anna is unaware of the meltdown bnc is experiencing because she is 'away' at that moment.
Volker
Well, she's quite close and bnc's emotions are very, very intense at the moment which should leave quite an impact on the astral. She might actually be able to "smell" the contradicting feelings of guilt, self-loathing, loyalty, love, pain, disgust, horror, fear and despair. Either way, bnc is not going to go away anytime soon, so I guess, she will still be there when Anna returns.

EDIT:
@Squirrel: I doubt Sharkboy needs any help carrying bnc. She's only skin and bones. That is, if you knock her out first. bnc made quite an effort to make clear that she is to be left alone so there's no carrying her off without first subduing her or kicking her unconscious.
And who's Ms. Black?
Thanee
Anna Black. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
SquirrelDude
QUOTE (Volker @ Jun 22 2019, 04:54 AM) *
EDIT:
@Squirrel: I doubt Sharkboy needs any help carrying bnc. She's only skin and bones. That is, if you knock her out first. bnc made quite an effort to make clear that she is to be left alone so there's no carrying her off without first subduing her or kicking her unconscious.
And who's Ms. Black?

Anna introduced herself as Ms Black when the characters first met. He’s being overly professional during the awkward situation. Nova already headed for her bike, otherwise she’d have been his first choice.

The assumption is that he wouldn’t knock her out. Attacking her would be dangerous, and the drugs he has probably aren’t strong enough. It’s probably a two person job.

Beside he needs her to be awake to do her job.
Gilga
Anna's SIN/buissness card should say Anna Black.
Luckace
QUOTE (SquirrelDude @ Jun 22 2019, 06:14 PM) *
[...]
Beside he needs her to be awake to do her job.

I do hope Elizia is capable of creating a meeting place in the digital world as well.
SquirrelDude
Can someone look up the rules for a called shot(disarm). No access to PDFs for another week.
Gilga
-4 dice and the target is disarmed if hits.
---correction - you can actually take the weapon according to:

http://adragon202.no-ip.org/Shadowrun/inde...es:Called_Shots

Life is too short to start scanning the pdfs for me;)
SquirrelDude
Grumble

Making me look up grapple rules

Grumble
Volker
You can just assume that you win against bnc.
Volker
I assume police drones are quite a normal thing, are they not? Is there anything special about it?

If it seems to follow bnc, she'd try to shake it off. If it's heading towards Salzburg Sam, she'd warn the team. If it's just hanging around ... she'll pick somewhere else.
What bnc's up to is kind of an Urbanian run on steroid. She'd climb walls, jump from roof to roof to garden, dive through the Salzach, jump over hedges and so forth.
Luckace
QUOTE (Thanee @ Jun 22 2019, 06:32 AM) *
Nova was sitting on her bike, waiting for the whole team to be ready to go.

"That went pretty well, all things considered."

Not really related to anything, but I absolutely love how Nova said "Hey things went pretty well" literally five seconds before the shit hit the fan biggrin.gif
Thanee
rotfl.gif

Bye
Thanee
Jack_Spade
QUOTE (Volker @ Jun 24 2019, 11:48 PM) *
I assume police drones are quite a normal thing, are they not? Is there anything special about it?

If it seems to follow bnc, she'd try to shake it off. If it's heading towards Salzburg Sam, she'd warn the team. If it's just hanging around ... she'll pick somewhere else.
What bnc's up to is kind of an Urbanian run on steroid. She'd climb walls, jump from roof to roof to garden, dive through the Salzach, jump over hedges and so forth.

Jepp, and guess what a super law abiding, stick-up-your-butt place like Salzburg thinks about activities like that... sarcastic.gif
Volker
Did I really say Urbanian run on steroids? What I meant is quietly walk to a deserted area and contemplate. biggrin.gif
Volker
QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ Jun 25 2019, 05:18 PM) *
The rigger controlling it uses a Triox Ubermensch RCC and has an R3 Rigger Control Implant.
He is running cold sim, but uses a multi-dimensional co-processor module for higher ini.

His system is running Encryption, Armor, Signal Scrub, Electronic Warfare 5, Biofeedback filter, Virtual Machine and Shell

And he is controlling another 17 of those drones across the city.

Wait! Why is he Jumped in? I asked you for the details about how the drone is steered and while you mentioned a whole lot of stuff, you never indicated that he is actually Jumped in. Quite contrarily, you meantioned that this drone is only one of 18 he's steering atm.
Jack_Spade
Ahem:
QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ Jun 25 2019, 08:36 PM) *
The drone had been on auto pilot, but there was definitely a rigger behind the thing now - and one with a damn powerful rigger console it seemed.

Volker
Yeah, but the rigger is behind all 18 of these drones. Does that mean he's Jumped Into all of these drones? I even posted that I don't want to attack his RCC... And even if I did, I wouldn't do it that way. Whenever bnc attacked a rigger, she'd try to get two or three marks and run Mugger and then spike.

I guess there's no rolling this back, is there? I mean, we can say, bnc is not herself, she just went aggro or whatever. But it's really not what I wanted to do and certainly not what I'd have done if I had known that he's Jumped in.

Also, Jumping in is a matrix action. You said, he was not Jumped in before and I have Watchdog running and specifically noted that I keep it running to see what the RCC does. It feels again like a bnc is randomly shooting at a van situation...

Yeah, you decide how to handle it. I won't debate, promise. If you say, bnc went nuts and just attacked the rigger without precaution because she's pissed and crazy at the moment, it's fine by me and I'll roleplay it accordingly though it hurts to lose my drone (likely, that is, as I don't know how I'd be there to collect it before they are). If you decree something else, I'm also in. I leave it up to you.
Jack_Spade
No, it means he still has them slaved and can issue commands to them while on autopilot - he jumped into the drone when he was made aware of a parcouring anthrodrone and issued a stop&search.

And before there is further discussion: I gave you ample chances to avoid this outcome
1) making you aware of the police drone
2) having the drone communicate
3) giving you a direct answer to your question: "Most importantly: is the drone controlled by a spider or by a dogbrain?" with "The drone had been on auto pilot, but there was definitely a rigger behind the thing now - and one with a damn powerful rigger console it seemed."
4) giving you every piece of information about the setup

You also had your MARK with Watchdog. All you would have had to do was eject the drum magazine to neuter the drone.
Even without the rigger behind it, a Pilot 5 drone would have had a good chance to survive your spike - especially with the shared cyberprograms.

As a further mercy, the rigger used zapper rounds, so James is full of matrix damage but not destroyed.

So please, stop that passive-aggressive bullshit. bnc fucked up through her super aggressiveness. The situation is dire but not beyond salvaging.

Volker
No, it means he still has them slaved and can issue commands to them while on autopilot - he jumped into the drone when he was made aware of a parcouring anthrodrone and issued a stop&search.

That's exactly what I meant. You used the term "be behind it" for all 18 of these. How on Earth should I smell that you meant "issues commands" in 17 of the cases and "jumps in" in the 18th if you never said so? You gave no indication whatsoever that he was Jumped In - quite on the contrary.

And no, there was no chance of averting the outcome, because in all of these situations, I was already spotted, marked and recorded by both digital systems and a real person. Ejecting the drum magazine helps nothing if the drone still follows me and they call the big guys. Being marked, I had no chance to escape a rigger-controlled drone without taking it down. Which I would have done if I had known that he Jumped in. I don't know why you cannot comprehend why it is frustrating to me that when I specifically write "She doesn't directly attack the rigger control" that you just override me and say "yes, she does". It's the player's decision how their characters act, not the GM's.

Anyway, be it as it is. I posted according to your description of the scene. Just please stop swearing around and whatnot. If someone is being aggressive (whether passive or no), it's you.
Jack_Spade
It was a direct answer to your question if dogbrain or rigger - and I answered in game that it was an autopilot before but now it's a rigger behind it

I'm sorry if that wasn't clear enough for you, but for a drone there are only two states: Autopilot or piloted. If it isn't one it's the other.

You were spotted first, then i asked OOC what you want to do and you replied OOC that you want to continue to parcour through the city under the eyes of a drone. Only then did the drone tag you (not MARK) and asked for a traffic stop.
Even at that point you could have averted problems with a fake sin + fake license and/or a con test.

I am sorry that I overrode you, but from my perspective you were ignoring stated facts and rules, so I saw it necessary to overrule you.

But let's assume, that he wasn't jumped in:
You attack the drone, he uses an interrupt action to protect the drone: I am the Firewall: 15d6t5 5
Drone adds 5 dice to its defense and rolls 15d6 to withstand your dataspike Defense: 15d6t5 5
Drone doesn't get hurt, drone fires at James.

For that taxi service, please roll a simple edge test (threshold 1) to see if a free service is closer than back-up for the cop.

Volker
I'm sorry if that wasn't clear enough for you, but for a drone there are only two states: Autopilot or piloted. If it isn't one it's the other.
Now I understand where the miscommunication happened. I thought in terms of control methods as listed in p. 265 : "At the top of the order is rigger control, followed by remote control, then manual control, and lastly autopilot." For me that meant, usually the drone runs on autopilot and the rigger has 18 VR screens in front of him. When I happened, he changed to remote control. That's how I pictured the scenario.

You were spotted first, then i asked OOC what you want to do and you replied OOC that you want to continue to parcour through the city under the eyes of a drone.

Actually, what I wrote was:
If it seems to follow bnc, she'd try to shake it off.
I also rolled for that.

Yeah, whatever. In the meanwhile, I'm cool with whatever outcome. We can proceed the way it's in IC, we can proceed with the drone having resisted (although, I think, the rigger cannot use I am the Firewall for the drone. I am the Firewall does only work on users which the drone is not per definition. But if you say otherwise, I won't start a rule discussion). Just let me know and we can proceed with whatever you see fit and fair.

Edge: 5d6t5 0
That is bitter :-/

How far is James from the team?
Volker
I'll wait for your reply before I post IC but if the drone is out, bnc might want to contact Wraith and ask him to get James to safety.

bnc doesn't wear any other weapons except for Tom (her gun). The shockpads she used to knock out Anna are implanted, as is her deck. She does have a collection of drugs spread all over her body, however.
Jack_Spade
The drone is not out but currently has no new commands as long as the rigger can't switch to an alternate console.
Wraith's best chance is sending a spirit to collect the drone.
Volker
Okay, so the rigger console is down and the drone is on autopilot, right?
Jack_Spade
Correct. The rigger also took some dumpshock
Volker
Okay. Just out of interest: If I had used Biofeedback rather than Tantrum, would it have been enough to knock him out? Not really, would it? It would have been 9 boxes, resisted bei WIL+Firewall plus one or two boxes from dumpshock, but no more, right?
Jack_Spade
The rigger had two programs running to reduce biofeedback, also it's a dwarf with high willpower - pretty much exactly to prevent stuff like this happening.
So it's unlikely that one hit would have been enough.
Volker
thought so ^^ good that I bought Tantrum for no reason at all wink.gif
Luckace
QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ Jun 29 2019, 09:18 PM) *
Is that a bound spirit?
Because the last task is a remote task and will set the spirit free as soon as it is completed

[...]

No, Wraith will use the spirit of air he summoned back at the castle.
That one should have exactly three commands left, so being set free won't matter.
Volker
Can I delete the recordings that exist of me? I assume hacking or destroying the drone won't do and the console is not accessible anymore. That means they have me in tape, no matter what I do, doesn't it?
Jack_Spade
Nope, the images of james are at the main security host now.
Volker
sweet frown.gif

How powerful is it?
Gilga
P.S: for when Anna finally gets an hour of rest, let me know when;

recover stun damage: 10d6t5 3
Jack_Spade
Assuming, no-one is shooting at each other anymore, you can consider an hour going by without outside interference.

@Volker

here is the host structure described: http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?show...t&p=1345219

Security Host of the Archdiozese A11 S8 D10 F9.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012