Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Salted Wounds [OOC]
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
Jack_Spade
QUOTE (Thanee @ Oct 18 2018, 12:16 AM) *
We wait with the Toxin Resistance until the end of the combat round, right?

Bye
Thanee

Yes, that is correct.

In case you are wondering: It's DMSO with Narcoject.
Volker
18 bnc (jumped into James) -- outside at the kitchen window of the appartment (bnc is in the van): Breaks and enters flat through kitchen
17 (E3R8) Assault (unarmed) -- in front of appartment: Attacks Sharkboy with spurs
17 (E3) Anna -- in corridor: Shoot at Battery
14 (E7) Nova -- in the staircase: Shoots Battery
14 Anna's Spirit -- in corridor: Attacks in Astral Battery
12 Aeraziel (Wraith's Spirit) -- in astral space: Attacks in Astral Battery
9 Battery (Sword, Riot Shield) -- in front of appartement: Switches off Astral and throws grenade at Anna and Nova
5 bnc's Rotodrone -- outside at the lving room window of the appartement: Does Nothing
3 Enemy Spirit -- in the astral outside the appartment: uses Fear on Anna's spirit
3 Wraith -- Downstairs flat:
2 Sharkboy -- in front of appartment:

Wraith's turn
Thanee
One thing I am always wondering with gas grenades... does that gas stay around for a while? Does it have more effect, if you stay inside, or does it affect you only once?

Bye
Thanee
Volker
At least one thing I can answer:

QUOTE ("CRB 435")
The cloud lasts for approximately 4
Combat Turns (less in windy areas, longer in confined areas
with poor ventilation, at the gamemaster’s discretion).

I don't think there are any rules regarding continuous exposition, but I'd assume that the damage would be dealt each combat round you linger. But in the end, that's up to the Master of the Universe.
Gilga
We should have been using such grenades... where is the tactical genius Schmitt (or was it Schmidt?) when we need him ?
SquirrelDude
Do any of you even have gas grenades which we could be using?
Volker
I'm the decker, don't expect me to bring grenades...
Thanee
QUOTE (SquirrelDude @ Oct 18 2018, 03:09 PM) *
Do any of you even have gas grenades which we could be using?

I think, the point was, that we should have brought some... spin.gif

Bye
Thanee
SquirrelDude
QUOTE (Thanee @ Oct 18 2018, 09:37 AM) *
I think, the point was, that we should have brought some... spin.gif

Bye
Thanee
My point was that we don't have any grenades which we could use, so no point in worrying about not using them.
Jack_Spade
QUOTE (Thanee @ Oct 18 2018, 08:47 AM) *
One thing I am always wondering with gas grenades... does that gas stay around for a while? Does it have more effect, if you stay inside, or does it affect you only once?

Bye
Thanee

You take damage every round you stay inside - but I rule that Narcoject won't roll over to physical damage.

QUOTE (Gilga @ Oct 18 2018, 09:28 AM) *
We should have been using such grenades... where is the tactical genius Schmitt (or was it Schmidt?) when we need him ?

Well, time to develop your own genius wink.gif

Seems like Sharkboy is up.
SquirrelDude
Is Sharkboy up or is it Wraith's recently summoned spirit?
Jack_Spade
That one is busy materializing.
SquirrelDude
Time to tie up mr Bone Spurs

Clinch (Gymnastics 6 + Agility 9) [9]: 15d6t5 7 hits oppossed by reaction + intuition

As before, we're going to try and throw him if the grab goes through.
Jack_Spade
Defense: 16d6t5 5
You have a clinch hold on him.
SquirrelDude
Throw Person: 19d6t5 6 Edge: 13d6t5 7 Physical Limit means that only 9 hits count
Volker
Next combat round:

8 bnc (jumped into James) -- outside at the kitchen window of the appartment (bnc is in the van): Breaks and enters flat through kitchen
7 (E3R8) Assault (unarmed) -- in front of appartment: Attacks Sharkboy with spurs
7 (E3) Anna -- in corridor: Shoot at Battery
4 (E7) Nova -- in the staircase: Shoots Battery
4 Anna's Spirit -- in corridor: Attacks in Astral Battery
2 Aeraziel (Wraith's Spirit) -- in astral space: Attacks in Astral Battery

I will try to sneak to the door unnoticed. Can I get a line of sight to the mage from there?

Sneaking: 13d6t5 4
James is wearing a Sleeping Tiger, which has a Ruthenium Polymere Coating lvl 3. I assume it counts as "almost full", increasing the dice pool modifier to -4.

Gilga
So you throw him into the gas cloud? brilliant!
SquirrelDude
I was going to throw him into his friend and hope to send them both into the gas cloud, actually.
Thanee
QUOTE (Volker @ Oct 18 2018, 11:56 PM) *
James is wearing a Sleeping Tiger, which has a Ruthenium Polymere Coating lvl 3. I assume it counts as "almost full", increasing the dice pool modifier to -4.

-2, actually. They have the modifiers for "full", "almost full", and "half" wrong (see errata).

It is -(level) (i.e. -3) +2 for "half" (i.e. -1), +1 for "almost full" (i.e. -2), and +0 for "full" (i.e. the full -(level) or -3).

Bye
Thanee
Jack_Spade
Assault Defense: 15d6t5 6
Spending Edge: Defense Edge reroll: 9d6t5 5

Denied!

Last combat phase of the first round:

8 bnc (jumped into James) -- inside the kitchen appartment (bnc is in the van):
7 (E3R8) Assault (unarmed) -- in front of appartment:
7 (E3) Anna -- in corridor:
4 (E7) Nova -- in the staircase:
4 Anna's Spirit -- in corridor:
2 Aeraziel (Wraith's Spirit) -- in astral space:

At the moment the RP suit isn't particular important, as this is a stealth vs. listening test. And as Thanee says, it acts as a dp reduction for your opponent
Perception: 14d6t5 4
You have 4 sneak skill +3 Rea +2 hot sim +2 Control Rig =11 dice normally, correct? So you lose the last two dice of your roll

Guardian Spirit ini: 15+2d6 22
-10 for late to the combat

Attack with Claymore (reach 2 AP -5): 16d6t5 5
SquirrelDude
QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ Oct 19 2018, 12:11 AM) *
Assault Defense: 15d6t5 6
Spending Edge: Defense Edge reroll: 9d6t5 5

Denied!
Boooo! wink.gif
Volker
QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ Oct 19 2018, 05:11 AM) *
You have 4 sneak skill +3 Rea +2 hot sim +2 Control Rig =11 dice normally, correct? So you lose the last two dice of your roll

No. I have 4 (Sneak) + 7 (Intuition) + 2 (hot-sim). Sneak tests don't run on Reaction - Piloting tests do.

Drone Infiltration
Drones sometimes need to be sneaky. When this
occurs, a few things need to be taken into consideration.
When operating independently, drones roll
Pilot + Stealth [Handling] vs. Perception + Intuition
[Mental]. You might want to put your drone into
silent running mode, or its Matrix icon would be a
dead giveaway of their presence to anyone scanning
the scene in the Matrix. When jumped in, the test is
Stealth + Intuition [Handling] vs. Perception + Intuition

[Mental]; you probably want your persona operating
under silent running while you’re at it.

It didn't notice me.

Also, as this is the third initiative pass, we're (and therefore it) are already at ini -20, so it's down to 2. And you have to roll for surprise as I'm ambushing it.

Surprise test: 16d6t5 3
Gilga
Anna's next actions (to be resolved in order ofc): She'll try to levitate the two guards toward the gas cloud. (just like Sharkboy but with magic).
Ps don't forget the -5 ini for "run for your live"

Simple action: Reckless levitation.
Levitate F5: 13d6t5 5
Drain (vs 6): 15d6t5 7
no drain.

Simple action: Reckless levitation:
Levitation F5: 13d6t5 6 5 hits kept
drain: 15d6t5 4

2 stun damage taken.

Next round initiative:
Initiative: 18+2d6 25

I assume that Anna's spirit is out of the game due to fear ?
Luckace
QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ Oct 19 2018, 06:11 AM) *
Last combat phase of the first round:

8 bnc (jumped into James) -- inside the kitchen appartment (bnc is in the van):
7 (E3R8) Assault (unarmed) -- in front of appartment:
7 (E3) Anna -- in corridor:
4 Anna's Spirit -- in corridor:

At the moment the RP suit isn't particular important, as this is a stealth vs. listening test. And as Thanee says, it acts as a dp reduction for your opponent

Guardian Spirit ini: 15+2d6 22
-10 for late to the combat

Attack with Claymore (reach 2 AP -5): 16d6t5 5

Does Wraiths second spirit not get to act at 12-10=2?
Thanee
Ok, so Nova is definitely going to move out of that cloud. What options are there?

She has to get right to were the mercs are, at least, correct?

Can she simply move past them? They won't be able to intercept her, when her turn comes up, correct?

Bye
Thanee
Jack_Spade
QUOTE (Volker @ Oct 19 2018, 08:28 AM) *
No. I have 4 (Sneak) + 7 (Intuition) + 2 (hot-sim). Sneak tests don't run on Reaction - Piloting tests do.

It didn't notice me.

Also, as this is the third initiative pass, we're (and therefore it) are already at ini -20, so it's down to 2. And you have to roll for surprise as I'm ambushing it.

Surprise test: 16d6t5 3

Ah sorry, I was looking at the vehicle piloting rules.
In that case, yes, the spirit has to make a surprise test

Surprise Test: 14d6t5 2 Surprise, surprise

The mage on the other hand: Surprise Test: 10d6t5 3 isn't

I'll edit my post accoringly.

@Thanee
You can either flee up or down the staircase or move into melee distance to the mercs

@Lucace
That should probably be called "spirits" since they act on the same initiative

@gilga
To attack multiple targets you'd have to split your dicepool. The one attack per target rule is otherwise in effect (and yes, levitation in this case is an attack since it's resisted)
Otherwise you have to decide which one you want to try and levitate
Gilga
Right,I'll jiust levitate one of them then, so I'll select which one when my turn arrives because a lot can happen by then. (Anna is init: 2)
Volker
Has the mage scored 5 hours on his perception test? If I didn't miss anything, you only rolled for the spirit (and failed).
Volker
Nova and Shark are still in the corridor, right?
SquirrelDude
Sharkboy is right next to Assault
Volker
... who is in the corridor, isn't he?
SquirrelDude
Assault, Battery and Sharkboy are in the corridor. Nova is in the stairwell looking to get out of the gas.
Gilga
Anna is in corridor aswell.
Thanee
QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ Oct 19 2018, 04:28 PM) *
@Thanee
You can either flee up or down the staircase or move into melee distance to the mercs

Definitely not going to flee, just wondering about where Nova can go...

Is it not possible to move past the guys in the corridor?

Or is there a flat on the right side, which Nova could just move into (the doors don't seem to be very sturdy, and if I don't aim, I will have one simple action left for that).

I would definitely prefer to stay out of melee range, because shooting is simply more effective against these guys. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Jack_Spade
QUOTE (Volker @ Oct 19 2018, 05:08 PM) *
Has the mage scored 5 hours on his perception test? If I didn't miss anything, you only rolled for the spirit (and failed).

Mage and spirit have an innate connection - and he didn't fail - neither one of you achieved any net successes. You were the aggressor in this case and they the defenders. Which means you have a split second advantage at best. The spirit failed his surprise test, the mage didn't, meaning the mage keeps his defense against your attack, while the spirit has no defense before he gets to act.

@Thanee

You can of course just kick in a door and escape the cloud that way. But if you want to interact with the scene in the corridor you'll get hit by the cloud again.
Going past the two is possible, although one of them might spare a -5 interrupt action to hit you when you move past.
Thanee
That was my initial question, actually... can they still do Interrupt actions when they have 0 or negative initiative (which they both have, when Nova's turn comes up)?

Bye
Thanee
Jack_Spade
No they don't, though I'm not happy with the fact that the system allows you to gain an advantage from being slower than your opponent to react.
Thanee
I'm only slower than one of them. spin.gif

Understand, what you mean, though. It is a bit weird, that suddenly between turns, there is this moment, where interrupt actions simply don't work. But that goes for everyone.

Bye
Thanee
Gilga
I think that the initiative score goes -10 to everyone at the end of the phase. (Or after an interrupt) so you can still interrupt after you acted. As long as it is within a phase where you have positive initiative. This is how I understand it atleast. Not sure if it is strictly rules.
Volker
I really don't want to haggle so I'll just continue with my IC post but considering how meticulously you usually apply factors in tests, I'm a bit surprised that the mage and spirit don't suffer any negative dice pool modifiers from
- being distracted (-2) (the mage is casting a spell, so even if he does share the spiritual link, he'd still have to realize the threat on his own, considering that the spirit didn't even pass the surprise test)
- interfering sound (-2) (there are walls bursting, screams, grenades detonating - that should at least be -2

Not to mention that even if they passed the test, they still didn't more than hear a scratch somewhere nearby, as James is virtually invisible to astral perception (which is the only one the spirit has, even manifested).

It just feels strange that a magician actively performing a ritual can spot a well-hidden nigh invisible ambusher in a neighboring room in the midst of an active fight without any penalties or need of net hits. I don't want to have to point out every rule in my favor (dice pools, success tests, negative modifiers for the opponents, etc.), because it feels like I'd be constantly haggling or critisizing you, which I don't want as I don't know anyone who does as great a job at pbp gming as you do, but then it's a bit frustrating to see that penalties don't seem to be applied to others.

Anyway:

Init is 5d6+13
Would you kindly roll the action for me? Orokos is blocked where I am.
Assuming that I'll be first to act:
Complex Action: Burst Fire
I have Logic ( 8 ) + PuSHeD (1) + Gunnery (4) + Smartlink (2) + hot-sim (2) = 17d6.
I think I didn't mention loading any special rounds, so let's just assume I use standard rounds.
Gilga
Here you go.
Initiative: 13+5d6 29
Boom: 17d6t5 8
I think you act in the first round by the way.
Volker
thanks!

With Trigger Removal and smartlink system, that's still within my accuracy

ah, and:
Free Action: swap Firewall and Attack attributes.
Gilga
Bythe way if you increase data processing by 2 you get one more pass.
Volker
Thanks for pointing that out, but no. This is an rpg, and how would bnc know that she's only two points of ini away from another pass? She conscientiously favored firewall over dp and has no reason to reconsider.
Jack_Spade
If you insist on seeing the whole list of mods:

Mage has:
Combat Sense granting him always a surprise test
Still 5 surveillance drones outside that you didn't take care off

The Spirit has normal senses while materialized, including sight, sound and smell, including Enhanced Senses (Low-Light, Thermographic Vision)
The mods to perception applying here are:
Perceiver is specifically listening for it +3
Moderate noise from outside -3

Also, the adoration that bnc has given the android - as exemplified by giving it a name and caring for it's appearance - does give it pretty certainly a kind of aura on the astral
SquirrelDude
Initiative Rd 2: 3d6+11 20
Gilga
Question 1: Why is bnc firing for the first time at ini phase 3 (first action to get into the house...) 2nd ? do somehting? 3rd shoot? no biggie I just feels like I am struggling to follow.

Question 2: Anna's spirit is afraid under the effect of the fear power. Can it still interfere in battle or is it useless for the next few combat rounds.

Question 3: Anna is listed as initiative 7 - but she 'run for her life' so she should be initiative 2, right? Which would put Nova (initiative 4 as the next one.).
Thanee
My action will be pretty simple.... aim, shoot (Battery), and then walk down the corridor to the other end.

Bye
Thanee
Jack_Spade
QUOTE (Gilga @ Oct 20 2018, 05:48 PM) *
Question 1: Why is bnc firing for the first time at ini phase 3 (first action to get into the house...) 2nd ? do somehting? 3rd shoot? no biggie I just feels like I am struggling to follow.

Question 2: Anna's spirit is afraid under the effect of the fear power. Can it still interfere in battle or is it useless for the next few combat rounds.

Question 3: Anna is listed as initiative 7 - but she 'run for her life' so she should be initiative 2, right? Which would put Nova (initiative 4 as the next one.).

1: Take a look back in the thread at the list: bnc hacked the guns of the two mercs as her first action
2: It can, it just can't act inside the corridor while afraid - and still has to deal with the ward
3: Right, thanks for the info:

8 bnc (jumped into James) -- inside the kitchen appartment (bnc is in the van): Shoots at Mage
15 Mage (inside flat - acts after bnc, since she is the triggering event for his initiative ): Shoots Lightning at bnc
7 (E3R8) Assault (unarmed) -- in front of appartment: Uses spurs on Sharkboy
4 Anna's Spirit -- outside corridor:
2 (E3) Anna -- in corridor:
*Guardian Spirit -- inside appartment: Too surprised to do anything in this round
Gilga
Thanks, I remember now she took out the pistol from the game.

Alright, so the spirit cannot enter the corridor what does it needs to roll to get through the ward? (Intuition + charisma? or is it easier to brute force it?) I am asking because I am not sure about the mechanics.

Break ward: 13d6t5 5
I think this role is for sneaking - breaking it would be astral combat with one die less right? If it is reasonable to assume that my spirit can just bash the ward it is the prefered action - but I am very foggy here. Otherwise it'll just try to sneak inside (which I think would be very difficult as well)

As for Anna's action single levitation spell for Battery toward the gas cloud. (She had 5 successes - and you didn't allow to levitate both of them so it doesn't matter which dice role we select.).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012