Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Salted Wounds [OOC]
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
Jack_Spade
Assault is no angel - he has been violent, mainly before losing several limbs - although he has so far not murdered anyone (not counting combat in war). By the way: His mission was not to kill Kerstin but to catch her (that's the main reason she escaped, since he didn't shoot at her while not having the right ammunition loaded)
There is no sign of a special personal code, but in general he thinks of himself as a man of his word.
He does not have anger issues and right now feels mainly disbelieve as he is still in shock.
Volker
sorry for my absence. Decembre was hell.
Jack_Spade
No problem.

Just a question: Why do you all think that Assault purposefully killed Battery?

From his perspective his friend had just been executed with a shot to the head.
Gilga
Well, we might have been able to revive Battery without his fragmentation Grenade.
Thanee
Technically, he did. But we can hardly know that. smile.gif

Well, it's Shadowrun. It is hardly realistic. Assault took like half a dozen sniper rounds at point blank range and was still moving. biggrin.gif

Bye
Thanee
Volker
QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ Dec 14 2018, 10:27 PM) *
No problem.

Just a question: Why do you all think that Assault purposefully killed Battery?

From his perspective his friend had just been executed with a shot to the head.

Good point. That was actually a roleplaying mistake from my side. Thanks for pointing that out. I actually thought he did it to prevent him from getting captured, same way he attempted to kill himself.

QUOTE (SquirrelDude @ Dec 14 2018, 10:44 PM) *
After a stifled snort of a chuckle, Sharkboy managed the rare moment that someone was more blunt than bnc.

@Team.>> What a bunch of drek, Anna. You don't carry that hand-cannon to tickle people. Our lives are worth more than your fake code of honor.

Knock him back out and find a place to dump him. >>

Wotcha! BAM! biggrin.gif
Thanee
Can we figure out, that he has a Pain Editor?

I would think you notice that if someone gets hit by multiple high-caliber rounds does not feel anything. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Volker
bnc had a direct connection to it. She could virtually see the thing.
Thanee
Bioware?

Bye
Thanee
Jack_Spade
Jupp, no easy way to hack it, but a bio-monitor can figure it out (also you can use medicine to make someone pass out even with a pain editor)
His arms and legs are hacked at the moment, so he can't really fight back.
Volker
Oh, darn, good point. It says in the rules that the pain editor can be switched on and off. How does that work?

How can I make someone pass out with Medicine?
Luckace
Con: 13d6t5 3
Oh well...
Is the con roll for the threat itself or more for the precision of my probe? So to say, if I notice that he's not reacting the way I want him to, can I still threat him/his mother the common face-to-face way?

QUOTE (Volker @ Dec 17 2018, 05:46 PM) *
sick bastard biggrin.gif

The crow calls the raven black, eh? wink.gif
Thanee
QUOTE (Volker @ Dec 17 2018, 11:01 PM) *
Oh, darn, good point. It says in the rules that the pain editor can be switched on and off. How does that work?

Some trained muscle reflex, I suppose.

Bye
Thanee
Jack_Spade
That's alright - It's to see how well you can describe to him what you see so he is forced to actively think about that particular memory.

But could you explain why you want him to associate his mother with Dr. Johann?

@Volker
If you go to sleep you aren't taking a full stun track everytime, do you? wink.gif
Stands to reason if you can induce normal sleep you aren't doing damage to the person
Luckace
OK, great smile.gif

It's not meant to associate Johann with his mother per se, perhaps that got off confusing:
I want him to associate meeting Johann with losing his mother, as to show him that by meeting Johann again, he endangers the one person he holds dear.
Basically, as assault is aware of what I'm probing for, I thought I could show him a simple cause-effect-relationship by probing first for his mom's livelihood (to show him that I could find her), some happy memories blabla, and then by digging up "contacting Johann", followed immediately by " you're gonna lose your mother". Those are the two impressions I want to connect.
My goal is to scare him off ever cooperating with Johann again (most likely followed by some actual talk in the next rounds, but I'm thinking teamwork-rolls for that) by using his mother as a leverage, or at least by making him think we'd use his mother as a leverage (wraith is not quite evil enough to kill an old lady just for revenge).
Gilga
Can't you just openly threat him?

Why do we need all this sophistication? I'd make it a more specific threat that we can enforce. If you make us more troubles, you better watch your mother. Or something like that.

Also, Jack, isn't a medic kit enough to sedate him?
Volker
QUOTE (Luckace @ Dec 17 2018, 11:38 PM) *
The crow calls the raven black, eh? wink.gif

More like a grey goose. Oh darn, they don't exist!!

QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ Dec 18 2018, 12:08 AM) *
@Volker
If you go to sleep you aren't taking a full stun track everytime, do you? wink.gif
Stands to reason if you can induce normal sleep you aren't doing damage to the person

I guess... I just didn't know, medicine can induce normal sleep. But if you say so, I won't contradict you smile.gif At the end, I want the 2 karma points I spent into medicine to pay off some day biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Gilga @ Dec 18 2018, 05:37 AM) *
Can't you just openly threat him?

Why do we need all this sophistication? I'd make it a more specific threat that we can enforce. If you make us more troubles, you better watch your mother. Or something like that.

Also, Jack, isn't a medic kit enough to sedate him?

Because classical condition works way stronger than an abstract cause-effect-relation that's only cognitively present. We don't want him to reflect the matter and, hopefully, come to the conclusion that it's not a good idea to cross us (at least not before he moved his mother somewhere else). We don't want him to reflect at all. We want his heart to clench to a tight fist when he even thinks about opposing us.
Luckace
What happens to his aura when he's petrified? Can the mage still locate him when he's a pillar of salt rock?

Edit: and something else: when I want to petrify him, do I have reach a force of his natural body (as I assume his wares don't get petrified), or his augmented body?
Jack_Spade
His aura will still be the same, so no difference for detection powers.
His natural Body is 5 (most augments don't change body, hyperthyroid gland being the exception)
Gilga
Anna can tell you his exact body score due to her quality from forbidden arcana (arcane bouncer?). So we even have an IC justification for not doing trail and error.
Luckace
Ah, that's neat biggrin.gif
Gilga
Volker
QUOTE (Gilga @ Dec 21 2018, 03:56 PM) *
Anna can tell you his exact body score due to her quality from forbidden arcana (arcane bouncer?). So we even have an IC justification for not doing trail and error.

Erm, what? There's a quality that allows her to say "Wraith? His Body is 5, so that's the power you have to go for when you ask Thy Lord to smite Thy wicked Foes with the Almighty's holy Wrath"? I'd love to know what quality that is.

@Luckace: I think, Jack would like Eliza to organize the transport so that we can stay together as a group. Otherwise, whoever would go with him, would drop out of the game for a month or two, maybe longer.
Gilga
Pretty much yes, I'd fluff it a bit more to make it appear like some universal magic theory though. So that the Chaos mage can have a common languge with the Christian mage, but yes.

ASTRAL BOUNCER 10 KARMA

Minimum Requirements: Assensing skill 4 (with Aura Reading specialization) A character with this quality has astral sight that is so keen that they’ve developed new ways of sizing up everyone they meet. Along with the normal results, every two net hits on an Assensing skill test can also be used to reveal one of the following about a living being: all positive qualities, all negative qualities, physical attribute ratings, mental attribute ratings, initiate grade, an initiate power, an adept power, or Edge rating

Volker
Nope.
"revealing" to the character with the quality has nothing to do with quantification. If you walk into a room where people have been breathing for hours without opening the window, you have a pretty good feeling about the level of oxygen. But you cannot communicate it other than in terms like "stale". Or imagine you see a light. You can describe it with words like "blinding", "bright", "dim", and so on, but this is very crude and imprecise, despite your having an impression that is enough to, in game terms, tell which row in the "environmental modifiers" table you have to use. That doesn't mean you can guess the amount of lux by looking at a light.
Jack_Spade
QUOTE (Volker @ Dec 21 2018, 08:46 PM) *
@Luckace: I think, Jack would like Eliza to organize the transport so that we can stay together as a group. Otherwise, whoever would go with him, would drop out of the game for a month or two, maybe longer.

Pretty much, yes. Maybe not months, but at least half a day or so. That's definitely something you can let an NPC handle.
Volker
I meant a month OT.
Luckace
QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ Dec 21 2018, 09:53 PM) *
Pretty much, yes. Maybe not months, but at least half a day or so. That's definitely something you can let an NPC handle.

OK, very fine by me smile.gif
Thanee
Thanks for the reminder, Jack. Changed my post accordingly. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Volker
Do we already know how to find the Abdecker? I couldn't find anything regarding that.
Jack_Spade
Again, it's all in the write up of the chapter opening: http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?show...t&p=1342385
Thanee
What kind of time is it now, ingame?

Bye
Thanee
Jack_Spade
Around 2200h
Luckace
QUOTE (Volker @ Dec 27 2018, 09:49 AM) *
"Does anyone of you want to do the talking? Wraith? Anna?"

So I get why that question makes sense IC, but what about the OOC effects of having the socials do the talking via drone? Do any social rolls even work, if we communicate through James?
Volker
The rolls are still rolled with your Charisma, though I'd assume that Jack will impose a penalty.
Jack_Spade
The limit is lowered to James' level of Realistic Features
Jack_Spade
@gilga

can you edit your post - there will be a short scene with the bouncer first.
Gilga
Yes, I'll edit. didn't imagine that just getting to the bar is difficult wink.gif
Gilga
Edited the last post a bit. James will try to not escalate as the bouncer is very aggressive for some reason.
Volker
QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ Dec 27 2018, 05:06 PM) *
The limit is lowered to James' level of Realistic Features

which is 3.
Is is commlink hackable?
Jack_Spade
Yes, the bouncer has an R5 commlink and 4 in the relevant attributes.
Thanee
BTW, was there some time to rest up on the way to Linz? Still got a bunch of stun boxes here. smile.gif

Not entirely sure how much time has passed since the fighting...

Bye
Thanee
Jack_Spade
It's up to you how quickly you want to progress, but the fight happened in Linz. But you probably can find an hour of rest if you want.
Volker
The hideout wouldn't have been farther from Linz than maybe 20 to 30 minutes. Meaning: If Nova asks us for a break, she'd get one. Otherwise, they'll just proceed.

Regarding the guest list:
Watchdog: 19d6t5 4
Matrix Perception (hot-sim): 17d6t5 9 (find file. With this many hits, could you please also provide important infos like: Who has rights to read and write the file, who accessed it in the last 24 hours, etc. Vital infos bnc will need to manipulate the fight. You actually don't need to tell me (player) all the details. Just know that bnc has them, processed them, and took them into consideration when she updated the list.
The only thing I need to know: Do they double-check names with SINs? Are these names clear names or street names? Do they have pictures attached? How does the bouncer identify guests? By simply hearing their names? Retina scans? Photos?)
Edit File: 5#17d6t5 3 5 5 7 8
Opposed rolls: 6#9d6t5 3 2 1 2 4 3
Smooth.
Thanee
It's fine. Nova can rest up later. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Jack_Spade
@Volker

Never mind: bnc finds just two street names on the list: G-Nome and Skelter
Volker
All right. But they don't double-check the SIN, so I don't have to burn away our SINs to get in there? I can just name us Karl Doppelbauer, Sophie Beyrhammer and John Lennon if I want, right?

PS: bnc would take care that the time stamps of the group don't match. So, either she forges the time stamp alongside the whole entry or, if that's not possibly, she'll wait some time between the attacks.
Jack_Spade
Yeah, no SIN necesary.

But since there are only two names on the list, the bouncer has no trouble recognizing that his list was hacked without his knowledge. But then that is the point of the list in the first place: If you don't manage to get your name on it, you have no business to be in Dandelion wink.gif
Volker
There are only two names on the list? Like, altogether only two?
Jack_Spade
Correct. As evidenced when you enter the local
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012