Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Salted Wounds [OOC]
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
Volker
QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ Nov 13 2019, 08:42 PM) *
Well, within 100m there is quite a lot of matrix activity.
You can't make out Rosenbergs commlink. You do know that he is currently talking to Nacl, so it is likely that his icon is either running silent or within the host.
So the question is: Is bnc currently inside the host or outside?

She's currently inside the host, running silent.

How do I know that he's talking to Nacl??
Thanee
You probably wouldn't know, unless someone filled you in on the fact.

Nacl, Kerstin, and Splitterbruch are at the entrance to the facility and meeting with Rosenberg there to discuss setting you free (probably in exchange for Kerstin).

It's more a "buying us time" scheme, though.

Which reminds me... maybe we should let them know, that we found you. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
Luckace
QUOTE (Gilga @ Nov 13 2019, 10:38 PM) *
Luckace - to remaind you - before it becomes important. You do not HAVE to take the -1 to all action. Wraith already knows that Anna has the resist pain spell. (which is considerably more useful than I first anticipated).

Oh, right! Thanks for the reminder, that's neat:)
Volker
Nobody told bnc yet. So, she's as ignorant as I was.

@Jack Can I use Edit File to remove the runners from the drone's sensor array?
Or else, can I use Control Device to prevent it from raising alarm?
Jack_Spade
Both are equally possible. Control device would have the added benefit, that you could rig the drone yourself.
The rail drone has a Pilot 4 and a Fichetti Pain Inducer as a weapon.
Thanee
QUOTE (Volker @ Nov 15 2019, 04:39 PM) *
Nobody told bnc yet. So, she's as ignorant as I was.

Yep, figured as much.

But, even though noone really thought about it, it seems like something we would have told you, at least the general rundown.

Bye
Thanee
Volker
Maybe, but we didn't have any time for a general rundown, and we roleplayed every sentence since the encounter. So no, noone has told her yet. Which is perfectly fine.
Unlike my shitty roll against Rosenberg :-/
Thanee
Could have told you in the elevator. Doesn't really matter too much, though, I guess. smile.gif

And yeah, that roll was pretty terrible. indifferent.gif

Bye
Thanee
Jack_Spade
For your information: Rosenberg is now alerted. What you do next is on a timer, corresponding to all the things he can do before you reach him...
Thanee
Did we inform Nacl that we found bnc? If not, I guess we really should do that now. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
Jack_Spade
Not yet, and yes, you probably should talk to him and Kerstin...
Gilga
Jack please don't rush the timeline. I am waiting to post until that info is shared.
Jack_Spade
I'm not rushing - just be aware that you now don't have much time to discuss anymore, or you are going to be in deep shit.
Thanee
Does that mist look more like a vampire or a neurostun disperser? biggrin.gif

Bye
Thanee
Gilga
Thanks Jack.
Jack_Spade
@Thanee
That is a very good question.
A knowledge check please - either Magical Threats or Military
Thanee
Well, that were the two things that came to mind... but I don't think Nova has a suitable knowledge skill.

Bye
Thanee
Luckace
@Jack: What about wards in front of the office? I'm considering having Wraith summon a spirit, if the way to the office is free (or the mist turns out to be a vampire).
Gilga
Anna has... Magical threats: 6d6t5 3
Jack_Spade
Well, yes, there is a ward over the door - the strongest yet with F12.

And Anna recognizes the mist as a vampire
Gilga
Initative: 14+2d6 21

Thanee
Nova's Initiative 18

Bye
Thanee
SquirrelDude
Initiative: 3d6+11 15 :/
Luckace
Initiative: 9+1d6 10
Gilga
Spending an edge point to go first before the vampire materializes.
Casting F12 mana barrier and force an intersection with the vampire.
F12 mana barrier: 13d6t5 1
drain: 11d6t5 3
drain(reroll): 8d6t5 1

Let's roll for the intersection: http://http://orokos.com/roll/771775: 24d6t5 12

Edge 1/3, taking 6 stun damage, dice hate me today - let's hope that it works. Anna will place the barrier in a way that only intersects with the vampire. If it is not possible, please let me do something else.
Jack_Spade
For an intersection, you need to have something to move the barrier against.
Your F12 barrier has a diameter of 24 m and will itself intersect with various existing barriers on this level and those above and below you before forcing the vampire against a wall.
(If you remember Ex-Gladius used that trick by multi casting two barriers and moving them against each other)
Gilga
Well, she could take a barrier on herself and move/run. It's back to the drawing board for me because I don't want to butcher Anna for contesting with the wards at this level. Approximately how far are the other barriers from us?

I understand that F12 is too big for this level.
The idea was to catch the vampire in myst form before it can move away from the barrier and then perhaps move Anna so that the barrier intersects with it.
Jack_Spade
Anna won't be butchered by this - just her spell will be almost instantly intersected - or rather it would have to contend with the penalties that it receives because you'd technically trying to cast through about six different high level wards at the same time.

The corridor is about 4m wide, 25m long and 2,5m high.
Gilga
Jack, where do you take the form of the barrier? I know we made them spheres - but the core rulebook mentions no form at all for the mana barrier.
It mentions form for the physical barrier spell, and for the circle of protection ritual. Phyiscal barrier creates a dome or a wall, while the circle of protection creates a sphere with the leader's magic as its radius. Is it because of the keyword area (like fireballs?)

Anyhow, I do not want to needlessly slow down the game, so let's say it like that. If Anna thinks that she can somehow intersect the vampire with a reasonably powerful barrier (F6+?) without contesting with the wards she would, otherwise she'll fire the taser at it.
Fire + aim: 14d6t5 4
Jack_Spade
p.282 Core:
"Some spells are Area spells, affecting an area rather than a single target. These spells are noted with (A) after the range designation. With a few exceptions, the area is a radius in meters equal to the Force of the spell."

The Mana Barrier spell doesn't have any special rules, so the default rule quoted above is in effect.
The maximum Force you could cast in this corridor would be 2 without intersecting left and right with other barriers. The ante room at the elevators could contain F4 or maybe F5 if the Mana Barrier is placed dead center.

Defense: 18d6t5 4
Glancing blow with tasers, so 9S(e) AP-5
Soak: 26d6t5 13
No Damage

Feel free to describe the attack: The FBA has Non-Conductivity enhancement and Gel Packs

Anyone else wanting to Blitz before the Vampire acts?
Thanee
Not me.

Bye
Thanee
Gilga
Anna won't blitz - the goal was to intersect with him before he is mobile enough to easily moves away. The vampire's first action was to materialize - so if I understand correctly - we all act before he does something hostile.
SquirrelDude
I considered it, but I’ll save the edge for later.
Luckace
Me neither.
Jack_Spade
Alright, so you all get to act before the big bad vampire hits you cool.gif
Jack_Spade
@Volker
You might want to start with a Matrix Perception test and moving out from the Host, as this man's icon is not inside and running silent
(Threshold 3 to find it.
Luckace
@Jack: uhm wait, shouldn't Wraith also get a go at him before he strikes?

EDIT: If Wraith indeed gets to act before the vampire, Nova would get 8 bonus dice through Wraith's declared Spell Defense - might be enough to avoid the Lightning Bolt.
Jack_Spade
Oh, sorry, yes, please. I forgot about Wraith embarrassed.gif
Gilga
Damn, forgot I should declare spell defense. I'll remember next time.
Thanee
QUOTE (Luckace @ Nov 22 2019, 05:34 PM) *
@Jack: uhm wait, shouldn't Wraith also get a go at him before he strikes?

EDIT: If Wraith indeed gets to act before the vampire, Nova would get 8 bonus dice through Wraith's declared Spell Defense - might be enough to avoid the Lightning Bolt.

Oh... okay, that might indeed do that.

Spell Defense 2 hits.

Thank you! smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
Deleted the post I just made about using First Aid. wink.gif

[ Spoiler ]

Bye
Thanee
SquirrelDude
Luckace, does that spell simply make them unable to move or turn them into actual stone?

Either way, I'm pretty sure Sharkboy will want to rip off the helmet and give him a pile driver. The latter just means the body will make a really good battering ram for the good doctor's office.
Jack_Spade
It actually turns you into calcium carbonate

PETRIFY
(PHYSICAL)
Type: P Range: LOS
Duration: S Drain: F – 2
This spell transforms living tissue into calcium carbonate, or effectively, stone. The spellcaster must succeed in a Spellcasting + Magic [Mental] Opposed Test against the subject’s Body (+ Counterspelling). The spell’s Force must also equal or exceed the subject’s body. The subject is not conscious while under the spell’s effect, and any damage suffered by the stone-like subject translates normally to the appropriate Condition Monitor. While in this form, the subject has a Barrier Armor Rating (p. 197, SR5) equal to their Body + the caster’s net hits when they cast the spell. Non-living material is not affected by the spell, including clothing, cyberware, and carried gear.

With armor, this statue now has 20+5+3=28 armor rating. Of course nothing prevents you from removing his helmet now.

Once again: Luckace, that was a really, really good choice on your part, because that guy had some nasty surprises for you on hand as well as strong regeneration capabilities.
SquirrelDude
Also, is there a particular way you need to kill vampires in Shadowrun? Every game is different in this regard.
Gilga
Dont ram it into the door az the ward will dispel the spell.
SquirrelDude
The idea would be to do that after you remove his head. So hopefully that would just be messy and not bring-him-back-to-life-ey
SquirrelDude
Step 1: Remove helmet
Step 2: Called Shot, Vitals (There isn't called shot: head, which is disappointing). -4 to hit, +2 damage

Melee: 13d6t5 4 13P + 2+4. 19P

I have no idea what the soak roll should be.
Jack_Spade
Vitals shot is enough to kill a vampire - normal regeneration won't heal damage to the brain or spine.
Soak: 25d6t5 8
Without the helmet.
Another kick should get the vamp into overflow, so let's assume Sharkboy needs two good hits to ground his head into dust - after which the spell fails since the target no longer is valid

Alright, since bnc got detected I'd say there have gone by 9 seconds aka 3 rounds.
The door is still locked and warded. The elevator won't bring any reinforcements soon and Dr. Rosenberg is most likely in his office.
Gilga
How is the door locked? Is it a mechanical lock or a matrix based lock?
Jack_Spade
Maglock, but no visible locking mechanism
A hardware test could reveal more
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012