Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Salted Wounds [OOC]
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
Luckace
What Wraith will do in the main time:

- Stock up on reagents so he can bind a spirit: for f6, he'd need 150 drams of reagents, meaning 3000 bucks. Can I assume my contact talismonger can supply enough or point me to a talismonger with a good stock of Christian reagents)?

- summon and bind a F6 spirit of water (can't access orokos atm, I'll roll when I have better internet)

About the powers: Do I understand it correctly that Energy Aura would also apply its damage & elemental effects when using the power Engulf, as that's directly referred to as a melee attack?

- Personalize his new ballistic mask: I'm thinking of giving it a darkly tinted surface, maybe some kind of shaded mirror foil, if that's a thing: dark, but not a deep black, more like the blackened windows of a tinted mobster limousine.

A coating that - while being dark and nondescript - somewhat reflects its surroundings so that anyone taking a close look at the mask would just see his own reflection staring back at him from the dark surface.

If that's possible, he'll just spray / cover the whole mask with that shit. No details, no markings, just plain, reflecting blackness.

Do I need an armorer to apply that?
Jack_Spade
That's alright from my side.
Since the modding of the mask has no mechanical effect, that's fine as well without any roll.
SquirrelDude
Sharkboy is broke, so not much for him to do, tbh.
Luckace
Ah... That's a good point. Seems like I'm too broke to buy these reagents as well biggrin.gif
Okay, no spirit then.
Jack_Spade
Have you all burned through your first half payment already?
Gilga
If I recall correctly we got paid 10k each by Abdecker for the heist, for fencing the stolen equipment we stole in the heist
Thanee
Nova has spent much of her share, already. Currently 1,780¥ on her credstick. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Volker
That's neat. But it still means, the drone would only be able to hack it with its pilot rating * 2 dice (if I buy the corresponding autosofts) and I could buy some extra dice over teamwork. But it still doesn't give me the possibility to treat it as direct contact. Right?
Jack_Spade
Welcome back!
Yes, direct connection for bnc is only possible if she goes in or if she has a really long cable
(Or if she forms her persona on a deck that someone else carries into the facility
Luckace
QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ Aug 6 2019, 08:16 AM) *
Have you all burned through your first half payment already?

Wraith burnt on the first 10k by modding his bike and getting a spare SIN.

How much exactly did we get payed in advance?
SleepIncarnate
Just checking in to see if you guys would be open to adding a new player/character in when the opportunity arises. This is one of the longest running games I've ever seen on here (possibly the longest if including the previous Deep Black Sea games), and I'm coming back after a few years break after getting frustrated with everything falling apart so quickly. Some of my previous attempts at games to get going include (but aren't limited to):

Doc Wagon Code Black
Blood In the Water
We Be Moving
Puyallups IV

Yeah, I tend to lean more toward the magical/matrix side of things with characters, but not always.
Jack_Spade
@SleepIncarnate
In general that would be no problem, but Salted Wounds is very close to its finale.
Should there be a follow up, I'll contact you

@Luckace
You got paid 10k from Nacl with a further 10k waiting after the job. Also you all got paid 100k after delivering the equipment to Abdecker. That's 20k per person.
SquirrelDude
Ugh. Shopping.

I'll get on it. Probably make some modification to his suit, but don't really have the time for FBA. It wouldn't be his style, besides.
Gilga
@Jack are there any modifications on the FBA we have refitted for Anna? (Can I buy modifications if not?).
Jack_Spade
IIRC there was electrical insulation, chemical immunity and fire protection on the armor
SquirrelDude
Ammo:
Seeker Shafts for Barbed and Explosive Arrows x 20
Explosive Arrow Heads x2
Barbed Arrow Heads x1
Stick'n'Shock Arrow Heads x3
Static Shafts x3
All at Rating 8

Ammo Total: 10149 Nuyen

Armor
Mortimer of London: Argentum Coat (Had 9 Capacity Remaining, now has 3)
+ Chemical Protection Rating 4
+ Pulse Weave R2

Mortimer of London: Berwick Suit (Had 5 Capacity Remaining, now has 0)
+Auto-Injector (Dopadrine)
+ Faraday Pocket
+ Biofiber Pocket

Armor Total: 9250 Nuyen
Grand Total: 19499 Nuyen

Edit: Have we gained any Karma yet? If we have, I forgot to put it into Chummer.
Jack_Spade
Nope. If I remember correctly you all decided to not gain karma and money constantly but only after the end of a story.

If you want to change that you'd all be entitled to 54 Karma each.
SquirrelDude
It's fine. I'll wait until after the story is over and we've received the rest of our cash.

Is all of what I laid out above there something that can be accomplished within a week? If it is, Sharkboy will need to run a test with the team to figure out what vital signs the auto-injector needs to activate at.
Jack_Spade
You have a capable fence with Abdecker, so it's no big deal to get that stuff
SquirrelDude
Should be clear. He wouldn't just be ordering new suits, but sending his current suit to get modified. Don't know if that increases time to get the stuff or not.
Jack_Spade
No, not really. Go for it. smile.gif
Jack_Spade
No, not really. Go for it. smile.gif
Luckace
Okay, so as soon as possible, Wraith will recluse himself and start the summoning and binding ritual. I imagine Christian reagents to be mostly candles, so expect him to light a ton of them.

Summon f6 spirit of water with edge: 19d6t5 7
Exploding 6es summoning f6 water: 5d6t5 0
Spirit resists: 6d6t5 2
Resist drain with prayer: 12d6t5 6

Bind f6 water spirit with edge: 19d6t5 8
Spirit resists binding: 12d6t5 1
Resist drain with prayer: 12d6t5 5

3000 cash spent., spirit appears and gets successfully bound (12 services).
Powers: energy aura and elemental attack.
Volker
QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ Aug 14 2019, 07:32 PM) *
Nope. If I remember correctly you all decided to not gain karma and money constantly but only after the end of a story.

If you want to change that you'd all be entitled to 54 Karma each.

Did you perchance say 54 right now..? :-O
Jack_Spade
That's right. Six story parts at 9 Karma each. (Not to mention that we are playing this game for over a year now)
Volker
not bad!

As for the moment: bnc used up most of her earnings to pay back some debts she made to get James the way he is. So what I'm gonna do with my spare money:
I buy Evasion rating 4 for James (alas, I didn't have the coins to upgrade his pilot to 6).
I install a Hardening module to him (shoulda done so before, I guess)
I upgrade my medkit (apparently, bnc only had a R3 medkit before -.-)
I pay another month of my membership at Singularity (I didn't keep track of the elapsed time, but I guess a month should have passed by now)
Thanee
So... would First Aid suffice to help Sharkboy with that, or do you need Medicine (or something else entirely)?

Bye
Thanee
Jack_Spade
Programming your autoinjector is a simple Computer + Logic test

"If one or more pre-programmed conditions are met (set by the character with a Simple Logic + Computer [Mental] (1) Test), or an instruction is received from the wearer, either manually or through the user’s PAN, the auto-injector dispenses a medication, drug, or chemical directly into the wearer’s bloodstream."

RG p.85
Thanee
Aha... thank you! smile.gif

My Computer 1 should suffice, then.

Bye
Thanee
SquirrelDude
So yeah, does anyone have any metal restraints? I figure a pair for his ankles and a pair for his wrists should suffice.
Thanee
It should be possible to buy those...

Bye
Thanee
SquirrelDude
Yeah, but I don't want to spend money if I don't have to nyahnyah.gif
Volker
QUOTE (SquirrelDude @ Aug 19 2019, 02:17 PM) *
So yeah, does anyone have any metal restraints? I figure a pair for his ankles and a pair for his wrists should suffice.

bnc does have a set of plasteel restraints. What does he need it for?

Also, is there any particular reason why he doesn't ask a decker who he knows has profound knowledge of chemistry and who has performed two surgeries in front of his eyes to program the auto-injector?
SquirrelDude
For the second question: The two are hardly on good terms, or trusting of each other enough to let her program an auto-injector that will be filled with dopadrine.

For the first question: Plasteel might work. The goal is to push Sharkboy into a berserk rage to get those vitals so that the auto-injector will be set at those fill him with dopadrine and end it before he does something everyone would regret. However, that requires putting Sharkboy into a berserk rage, which makes him incredibly dangerous to whoever puts him into the state.

To quote the rules "Might go berserk when you take Physical damage in combat. Every time it happens, make a Simple Charisma + Willpower Test (wound modifiers apply).You go berserk for 3 turns minus 1 turn per hit, so 3 or more hits averts the berserk rage entirely. If you’re already going berserk, increase the duration. When you’re berserk, you go after your attacker(s) without regard for your own safety. If you run out of targets before the time’s up, you keep attacking their bodies."

So some restraints might be useful to prevent any harm to the rest of the team
Thanee
QUOTE (SquirrelDude @ Aug 19 2019, 11:00 PM) *
For the second question: The two are hardly on good terms, or trusting of each other enough to let her program an auto-injector that will be filled with dopadrine.

Yep, figured that would be why he did not ask the obviously most capable person in the team for that job about it.

But hey, Nova got 6 dice on Computer, it's not that bad, if all you need is 1 success. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
SquirrelDude
I’m going to go to bed and sleep on Anna calling the professional “fighter”, with the “did you call me dumb” negative quality, a chicken.

My immediate thought was he’d threaten to break her jaw if she didn’t keep her stupid comments to herself, but Anna would invariably keep talking and he would then probably break her jaw without hesitation.

Gilga
She'll shut up if he seriously threats her. Not suicidal.
Volker
QUOTE (SquirrelDude @ Aug 20 2019, 04:52 AM) *
I’m going to go to bed and sleep on Anna calling the professional “fighter”, with the “did you call me dumb” negative quality, a chicken.

My immediate thought was he’d threaten to break her jaw if she didn’t keep her stupid comments to herself, but Anna would invariably keep talking and he would then probably break her jaw without hesitation.

biggrin.gif Oh damn ^^

And yeah, I totally agree that he might not want to ask bnc.

I wrote the IC post under the assumption that bnc is present. If not, please tell me so OoC, ignore the post and I'll remove it asap.
SquirrelDude
While Sharkboy might have approached her about restraints, he probably would have made sure the conversation about the auto injector would have happened when she wasn’t around. We can roll with her walking in on it now that the group is involved.
Volker
yip, fine by me
Thanee
Gee, not checking in here for a few hours and look what happened... biggrin.gif

Bye
Thanee
Jack_Spade
I see we are catching up after holiday pause wink.gif

One point about the plaststeel restraints:

Modern plasteel restraints
(Armor 20, Structure 2) are flash-fused and remain in
place until the subject is cut free.

Those can't be unlocked - they self weld together, so you can't reuse them.
SquirrelDude
It's probably best to have two pairs anyway. Take away his arms and Sharkboy's likely to just shoulder-block someone.

I'll hold off on posting again until Anna or Nova take a chance to react to what's been happening, if Thanee or Gilga would like them to. It was nice for the pro wrestler to get an opportunity to cut a promo, though.
Jack_Spade
FYI: I'll be on vacation till Saturday without reliable wifi, so keep on planning and assume that Abdecker can hook you up with anything up to AVA 12 within the week
Anything above you can roll his 20 dice against the AVA.

Volker
QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ Aug 20 2019, 05:17 PM) *
I see we are catching up after holiday pause wink.gif

One point about the plaststeel restraints:

Modern plasteel restraints
(Armor 20, Structure 2) are flash-fused and remain in
place until the subject is cut free.

Those can't be unlocked - they self weld together, so you can't reuse them.

Haha, yeah, bnc is her old self again biggrin.gif and I see, Sharkboy's in shape, too...

ah, I didn't realize. With your permission, bnc will then replace the used-up restraints with 2 sets of plasteel and 2 sets of metal restraints
Jack_Spade
No Problem
SquirrelDude
How long would it take to get two pairs of plasteel restraints delivered, and do they come with the tool to cut them open?

If they don't come with that tool, and no one has it on hand, how long would it take to get 4 pairs of metal restraints delivered?
Thanee
Maybe just buy one of those microwelders?

As for metal restraints, I would expect you can just walk into a shop and buy them, as they have no AV at all.

Bye
Thanee
Jack_Spade
Yeah, you can basically pull those from a vending machine
Volker
Just for clarification: bnc didn't maneuver the sniper drone into the room but around the corner, in case he'd attempt anything funny. When she returned to her room, she took it with her. Still, it makes perfect sense for Sharkboy to tell the team that she actually brought a sniper drone to the conversation.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012