Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Salted Wounds [OOC]
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
Luckace
Yeah, I can wholeheartedly confirm Volker's struggle to temper the direct way of communication that he's been used to.
(Not meant as a justification or anything, just to... hmm, faciliate understanding, I guess.)
In all the years I've known him he has never reacted deliberately sulkily or deliberately insulting towards anyone, although I can understand that his words may have given that impression.
He's a man of heated discussion. Sometimes the tone that we use in some areas of our everyday's conversation can carry over into other areas with other people that are used to a different tone.

Regardless, I'm glad that he has apologized and that the waves have settled.
Jack_Spade
The only thing you can control is yourself and holding a grudge is letting someone else live rentfree in your head. smile.gif
I accept your apology and offer one myself. It just happens that you found inadvertently not just one but two of my core values to step on.

Anyway, onward to get this thing moving again.
Thanee
Good to see this being resolved. smile.gif

QUOTE (Volker @ Nov 5 2018, 04:00 PM) *
Nova's new, of course, so that's up to Thanee.

Yeah, as I said, she is vengeful.

But I planned on doing that long before knowing about his means to get back up (has nothing to do with that or the possibility of him rejoining the fight, when he is not out for good). He just didn't go down, yet. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
Volker
QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ Nov 5 2018, 09:17 PM) *
I accept your apology and offer one myself. It just happens that you found inadvertently not just one but two of my core values to step on.
May I inquire? After all, even the proverbal elephant in the china shop might try not to step on the antique vases if there are plates and cups around...

@Thanee
What do you mean, he didn't go down?
Jack_Spade
Thanee means Nova hadn't a chance to so before because the merc was still on his feet the last time she had a chance to act.

I'll send you a PM about that. That's no business I want to spread on the web wink.gif
Thanee
QUOTE (Volker @ Nov 6 2018, 07:17 AM) *
@Thanee
What do you mean, he didn't go down?

Yeah, he did now... he wasn't even close, when I figured what Nova would do when he does. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
Volker
Aaah, I understand.

@Jack Yeah, please do so. I understand.

It doesn't change anything but BF only has a -2 modifier, not -5, so Assault would have had 3 more dice to defend.
Gilga
You used a complex action to get -5 its legit.
SquirrelDude
Burst Firing weapons have two modes. Burst Fire(simple) [editors note: top tier naming conventions, this] and Long Burst (complex). Burst Fire gives -3 and Long Burst give -5. As Gilga said, it's fine if a complex action was available to make that a -5.

@Jack Just want to make sure, I'm almost positive that Assault used Edge to either resist a throw or make a dodge earlier in this combat. He should be down to 1/3 and not 2/3. I might just be reading your notation of that incorrectly( you were marking 2/3 used) or I'm forgetting something.

Found the other edge use
QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ Oct 19 2018, 12:11 AM) *
Assault Defense: 15d6t5 6
Spending Edge: Defense Edge reroll: 9d6t5 5

Denied!

Battery had resisted the fear from the spirit with edge, not assault
Jack_Spade
@Volker
That's the beauty of the Savalette: It has SA and BF, so it can shoot 3 shots as a simple and 6 as a complex action

@Thanee
Yeah, sorry that came out wrong. Yes he is meant to have spent 2 Edge out of 3
Gilga
Anna has no edge, but her spirit will go full defense.
Full defense dice: 6d6t5 4

In Jack's words 'Denied!'

Spirits can play to their strengths.

In her turn, she'll try to punch the mage back.
Astral combat: 12d6t5 7
SquirrelDude
QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ Nov 6 2018, 01:13 PM) *
@Thanee
Yeah, sorry that came out wrong. Yes he is meant to have spent 2 Edge out of 3

RIP me
Gilga
Didn't the mage had 18 dice to full defense the previous time? (Not wanting to open debate, just asking).

QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ Oct 25 2018, 05:11 AM) *
Mage goes on full defense vs. Astral Combat: Full Astral Defense: 18d6t5 9

I am saying because I think that he does not miss his next action - as he is already in full defense.
Jack_Spade
Right, thanks - it was a long week in between. So yeah, he has another attempt to escape your relentless spirit wink.gif
Thanee
So, it is my turn now? Not entirely sure where we are. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Jack_Spade
Yes, that's correct

Anna: 20 (Stun Bolt at Battery)
bnc: 17 (shoots at Assault)
Aeraziel Spirit Team 15 (Fear at Assault)
Mage: 14 (Astral Combat at Anna's spirit)
Guardian Spirit OP-Force (with Mage): 13 (Astral Combat at Anna's Spirit)
Nova: 12
Bound Spirit OP-Force (Astral): 11 (Astral Combat at Anna's Spirit)
Assault: 6
Sharkboy: 5
Wraith: 3
Anna's Spirit: 3 (Went to full defense, Astral Attack on Mage)
Battery: 0 (on the floor).
Gilga
Nova: 12 (Murder Battery)
Assault: 6
Battery: 0 (on the floor - perhaps dead?).
Gilga
Well, the 'run for your life' Anna did was in the previous combat turn.
She has augmented 10 agility, and has moved very little this round. (She used stunbolt on Battary on the same hall outside the apartment and had no chance to change position to target Assault inside). So she should have the entire movement, giving her 10*4 = 40 meters of movement... I think it is enough to run down the stairs and avoid the blast?

Being a mage jumping outside a window may be less fatal.
Jack_Spade
Fine by me biggrin.gif
Luckace
How much ground between Wraith and the escaping mercenary? And what obstacles (like those pesky buildings) are between us? I currently have astral percepion active, so I assume I still notice his flight, even if the guncams are moving away from the explosion.

Also, I ordered my bike to the flat way before the combat started. I guess it has arrived by now (starting from wherever the van and everything is) and is ready to go?

QUOTE (Luckace @ Oct 8 2018, 12:47 PM) *
"Fair enough, but be quick. Whatever astral creature passed through there likely warned the mage. I'll watch the surroundings then, in case he makes an escape. But I see no point why they would allow us - obvious opposition - to snoop around in their affairs.", Wraith replied to Anna's suggestion.
"Say when you're ready to strike, and I'll ask a spirit to aid you."
Wraith orders his bike to come close to the flat so he can, if necessary, chase after posible runaways.

Also: Damn, I am quite impressed by Nova's 23 DV wink.gif
Jack_Spade
Isn't Wraith still in the flat of the janitor?
In any case, the mercenary has just landed on the scaffolding outside the window. He'll need another action before he can escape to the ground.

But if he had gone to ground, and Wraith would be standing outside the janitor's appartment door, he'd be about 20m away from the Merc with no obscuring buildings in between
Luckace
Yeah, he's still in the flat. I wasn't sure on which side of the house Assault's "exit" was, so if the building was between them, or not.
Ok, thanks for clarifying.

Well, the janitor doesn't have a door anymore biggrin.gif
So... I guess I can get LOS as soon as Assault is on the ground.
Jack_Spade
With one or two steps, yes.
Volker
Would bnc be hit? She's in the door frame.
Jack_Spade
bnc not, but John certainly since you took cover with the drone at the door frame.
Battery went down in front of the door, and Nova had to close in to escape the gas - which by the way, still fills the stairwell.
So you all were pretty concentrated in front of the flat

Map: https://pyrophilios.files.wordpress.com/2018/11/wohnung.png

Gilga
Oh, forgot about the gas - so out of the window it is then or perhaps up the stairs? which are the reasonable options? how tall are we (Assult seemed to have no problem to jump?)
Jack_Spade
The whole corridor leading to the stairs is still full of gas, and the stairs itself also are filled up and down to a certain degree.
But as you remember, there is scaffolding around every level of the building and you actually entered through a empty flat. Getting 8m away from the explosion will already nullifiy it's effect completely, so just running back into the flat you came from should be enough.
Gilga
Okay, I'll do that then I forgot about the gas grenade.

P.S I rolled composure (6 hits) so I think she can keep functioning.
Anna has a code of honor that forbids her to hurt anyone which is uninvolved, so I assume an incapacitated man falls into the category. She cannot agree to have her party do so as well and knows nothing of the Lazarus combination.
Thanee
I need the exact result of your shot, so correct me if I got the numbers wrong.

It would be 17 dice (or 18 with Take Aim, which would make sense, of course), because of the wound modifiers. Result would be the same (removing dice from the back).

I have my common dice pools listed near the beginning of the character sheet.

Nova only has 2 initiative left, so no interrupt possible.

Also, it is kinda ironic, that Assault actually killed his friend. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
Volker
Aah, you meant James withn John ^^ I really could have realized without asking -.- my bad
Yep, bnc will Run for her life. According to the Movement rates table for vehicles that means a running rate of 80 m per turn. I don't know if you, Jack, want anthropomorphic drones to use that table. If not, please tell me what else I use.
Anyway, I lower my initiative to 12.

Can I use Gunnery from my rotordrone while still Jumped Into James?

I have lost orientation where James is, where the grenades are and where the opponents are. Could someone update the map with our respective locations? I'd like to follow Assault (with my hydraulic jacks I think that should be possible) but not if I'm on the open then. He's still a brutal gunslinger. I could also dive into the gas cloud, as the drone would be immune to it. But I have lost orientation.

@gilga
I don't think "uninvolved" fits the description of the very person who tried to kill you seconds ago.

@Thanee
Jack allows you to still perform the interrupt action but you lower your next CR's initiative by the amount you fall below zero.
Gilga
Even if incapacitated now?
Jack_Spade
@Volker

A right - mixed it up with a character of mine who also rode a Secretary drone.
As to your question: You can use the Control Device action instead of jumping into the drone, but you won't get the benefits of your Control Rig and you have to use your data processing as your limit for this action if it's lower than the accuracy of your gun.

Here is the situation as I understood it:
https://pyrophilios.files.wordpress.com/201...ngexplosion.png

Assault: 6 (Fires Grenade and drops out of the window)
SquirrelDude
Sharkboy hasn't moved yet this round. He's been grappling or punching through all of it. If he used run for his life could he dive after assault?
Jack_Spade
Absolutely. You'll just not have an action to attack him left.
Volker
All right. Let's do it then biggrin.gif
I go Run For Your Life straight after Assault and out of the window.
Leap: 10d6t5 3
From my understanding that should cover at least 1.5 m of height. I have two hydraulic jacks each rating 2 (I'm not sure if they are bought as a pair or if I have to pay each of them individually...) so that should reduce another 4m, leaving 2.5 m of "falling height". With that, I should not suffer any falling damage.

Also, I just realized that he might actually bump right into the rotordrone. I left it at the very window he leaves through biggrin.gif just sayin'

@gilga
I guess that's your call. If you think Anna's code of honor would forbid to kill a stunned opponent, that's what it is.

Init:
bnc: 17 12 (shoots at Assault, Run For Your Life)
Assault: 6 (Fires Grenade and drops out of the window)
SquirrelDude
Well I'll give up my initiative to help out a robot that's already been a little cooked by lightning.
Thanee
QUOTE (Volker @ Nov 8 2018, 11:11 PM) *
I have two hydraulic jacks each rating 2 (I'm not sure if they are bought as a pair or if I have to pay each of them individually...)

You have to buy them seperately, one for each leg (at the same Rating).

Bye
Thanee
Volker
QUOTE (SquirrelDude @ Nov 8 2018, 11:21 PM) *
Well I'll give up my initiative to help out a robot that's already been a little cooked by lightning.

huh, why?
If we can't all get through the window (GM call), I'll instead dive into the gas cloud. Sharkboy is closer to the window, so he'd be first.
btw, the lightning missed
Jack_Spade
I'll repeat it: There is scaffolding around the whole building.
Jumping through the window will incur the risk of overshooting, while just rolling through the window (no test needed) will allow you to pretty savely land on the scaffold albeit prone wink.gif
SquirrelDude
Well without the attack action to do what I really want to do cleanly rolling through is probably safer
Gilga
If I understand correctly:

Init phase 3: These are the people with positive initiative:

Anna: 5( Stun Bolt at Assult)
Aeraziel Spirit Team 5 - (would he run for his life? or should he take damage by the grenade - he is physically present int he corridor as he used Fear on Assault.)
Mage: 4
Guardian Spirit OP-Force (with Mage): 3
bnc: 2
Nova: 2
Bound Spirit OP-Force (Astral): 1

PS: Although Nova acted she had 12 initiative and we only reduce -10 at the END of the phase, so she can run if she likes.
Volker
QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ Nov 8 2018, 11:36 PM) *
I'll repeat it: There is scaffolding around the whole building.
Jumping through the window will incur the risk of overshooting, while just rolling through the window (no test needed) will allow you to pretty savely land on the scaffold albeit prone wink.gif

Oh darn! I completely missed that. Is it okay if I just run into the gas, then? If not, Was liegt, des pickt, but I'd rather avoid landing next to him on a melee.
Gilga
Well the code of honor means that she will not hurt uninvolved.

Though, she does not really kill people, her pistol is (inadequately) with gel rounds and she uses the stunbolt spell.
Perhaps she felt okay about the Blood mage which seemed pure evil and we did the world a favor.
Though, killing a couple of cooperate soldiers/mercenaries simply for being in our way is a bit much for her.
And she does not know about the autoinjector+steampatch combination which may justify it for her.
Luckace
QUOTE (Gilga @ Nov 9 2018, 08:01 AM) *
If I understand correctly:

Init phase 3: These are the people with positive initiative:

Anna: 5( Stun Bolt at Assult)
Aeraziel Spirit Team 5 - (would he run for his life? or should he take damage by the grenade - he is physically present int he corridor as he used Fear on Assault.)
Mage: 4
Guardian Spirit OP-Force (with Mage): 3
bnc: 2
Nova: 2
Bound Spirit OP-Force (Astral): 1

PS: Although Nova acted she had 12 initiative and we only reduce -10 at the END of the phase, so she can run if she likes.

Right, Aeraziel is in the corridore as well.
Guess he will also use run for your life, reducing his Initiative to 0. He still has more than enough movement left, walking rate for spirits of air is insane, and (as posted in the spoilers of Aeraziel'S last action: "if I still have my free action, I'll float away from his direct LOS afterwards.", he already moved out of Assault's LOS anyways.
@Jack: Is the ward still active and blocking him from entering the flat? If so, he would move through the corridore and outwards through the next flat.
Thanee
Why would the ward not be there? It is active for days or even weeks.

Bye
Thanee
Luckace
I just thought it could tecnically be upheld by a preparation that got destroyed by the grenade or something like that and wanted to make sure it was still active before I take the unnecessary u-turn.
Thanee
I see, I see. But I highly doubt, that it is gone. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Jack_Spade
The ward is intact and I have no problem with James instead dodging towards the stairs.

And yes, the spirit would be affected too, although its hardened armor would take out the sting of the grenade quite a bit.
But I have to say: The spirit is materialized, so it can't just ignore walls and doors, unless it uses a complex action to ram through them, which the interrupt action won't allow. The flats that Anna and Sharkboy used to approach would allow it to move out unimpeded, but then it would come out at the other side of the building.

So just to reiterate and make sure we are all on the same page:

Nova: Stayed her ground and took the blast like the relentless cyborg she is
James: Moved into the stairwell with the gas to which it is immune
Sharkboy: Followed Assault out through the window onto the scaffolding
Aeraziel: Moves out through an open window and likely joins the fray anyway thanks to insane movement in the next round
Anna: Went back into the flat she entered from, so has no line of sight at the moment to Assault.
Assault: Just outside the window of bnc's old flat, lying on the scaffolding - no line of sight to those inside, but right under bnc's roto drone
Mage: Two floors above the flat in mist form, accompanied by his two guardian spirits - who by the way have magical guard active
Anna's spirit: Up and close to the mage and his two bodyguard spirits.
Wraith: Astrally projecting??? and closing in on the Mage? (did I miss a post where he went from astral perceiving to astral projecting? Otherwise he has no line of sight to the Mage as that one is four floors above him inside the building)

Everyone ok with that analyses?
SquirrelDude
I'm fine with Sharkboy's action
Gilga
if I understood correctly, Anna's apartment is to the right of the guarded apartment and Sharkboy's is to the left. So Anna should have line of sight.
Even if she does not, the grenade exploded and she has enough movement to get into the apartment i meant her to get - and have line of sight.
(Again, left and right of the apartment with the mage - but on the same side these are the apartments we entered from).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012