Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Salted Wounds [OOC]
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
Gilga
Let's roll again then?
Force x2: 12d6t5 4
Jack_Spade
Force x2: 8d6t5 1

That one is disrupted too before it can do much harm.

Someone set up the description of a quick melee in the astral that takes about 10 seconds to resolve.
Luckace
QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ Mar 2 2019, 11:30 PM) *
Force x2: 8d6t5 1

That one is disrupted too before it can do much harm.

Someone set up the description of a quick melee in the astral that takes about 10 seconds to resolve.

Aye, will do.
Thanee
@Jack: How much effort would it be to simply remove the storage media from the computers/servers/nexi? Maybe that would be an alternative to destroying them.

If it is anything like today, it shouldn't be that difficult.

Bye
Thanee
Jack_Spade
It's not that difficult, it just takes time and there are a lot of those storage media.
Thanee
So, destroying them seems like the best course of action...

Bye
Thanee
Jack_Spade
Putting an Ex-Ex bullet in each will take about 80 shots and around another two minutes of work.
SquirrelDude
How effective would grenades be at the job, and does anyone have some of those?
Thanee
I think we found some...

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
Yep. The Ares Alpha has a few loaded.

QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ Feb 27 2019, 09:53 AM) *
There are 5 he-grenades loaded in the launcher

Bye
Thanee
Gilga
Anna can also summon a fire spirit which should have no problem in burning whatever is flammable. Why do we want to destroy the place again though?
Thanee
@Jack:

I took the time to recheck, what we might have in terms of looted gear and found some pieces that might need some clarification. :)

Questions:

1) How much and what kind of ammo does the Ruger Super Warhawk (Battery) have?
2) How much and what kind of ammo does the Auto-Assault 16 (Assault) have?
3) What exactly are the "... a few more grenades ..." in Assault's bag?
4) Do we also have the AK-98 from Assault?
5) If so, what kind of modifications does the AK-98 (Assault) have?
6) If so, how much and what kind of ammo/grenades does the AK-98 (Assault) have?

Does this look right, otherwise?

LOOTED GEAR

--- Vampire Mage ---
Naginata
Sapphire Knife
Transys Avalon Commlink

--- Battery ---
Ruger Super Warhawk
- Smartgun System
- Ammo Skip System
- Longbarrel
- Ammo?
Sapphire Knife
Hatchet (Weapon Focus) (disposed)
Gas Grenade with DMSO+Narcojet (3)
Transys Avalon Commlink

--- Assault ---
Auto-Assault 16
- Smartgun System
- Imaging Scope with Smartlink (Top)
- GasVent System 3 (Barrel)
- Underbarrel Weight (Under)
- Electronic Firing
- Longbarrel
- Personalized Grip (-)
- Ammo?
AK-98?
- Mods?
- Ammo?
"a few more grenades"
a sealed plastic container with the dimensions of 40x30x20 cm³ with a "Warning, do not open" sticker on it (Alchemical Preparation)

--- Crusader Warehouse Head of Operations ---
Ares Alpha
- Grenade Launcher
- Easy Breakdown (powered) (Side)
- Chameleon Coating
- Personalized Grip (-)
- Extended Clip (100%) (3)
- Flechette Ammo (74) (DV +2 AP +5)
- APDS Ammo (84) (AP -4)
- EX-Explosive Ammo (84) (DV +2 AP -1)
- High Explosive Grenades (5) (DV 16P (-2/m) AP -2)
Sapphire Knife (2)
- Personalized Grip (-)
Executive Armored Suit
Ballistic Mask
- Customized
- Smartlink
- Thermographic Vision
- Low-Light Vision
- Vision Enhancement 3
Hermes Ikon Commlink

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
QUOTE (Gilga @ Mar 5 2019, 08:01 AM) *
Anna can also summon a fire spirit which should have no problem in burning whatever is flammable. Why do we want to destroy the place again though?

How about: Because the Crusaders use the BTLs created here (and probably in other, similar places) to turn poor addicts into expendable killing machines?

Bye
Thanee
Gilga
I see things differently.

Destroying a factory is publically visible, and feels like a declaration of war on the Crusaders. Stealing their daily supply of BTL to cover our data theft seems to cause fewer waves for me.
Luckace
I think we've declared war on them the moment we invaded their factory. Whether it's a robbery or a robbery plus incendiary, we'll be on their hit list.
But it's not like they/Ares will publicly admit that some freelancers robbed them blind and set their warehouse on fire. To the public, they'll probably blame it on some technical malfunction.
Thanee
I thought we just want to burn/destroy their computer equipment, not the whole building. biggrin.gif

Bye
Thanee
SquirrelDude
If necessary, Sharkboy also has a couple of HE grenades in his bag.
Luckace
QUOTE (Thanee @ Mar 5 2019, 02:53 PM) *
I thought we just want to burn/destroy their computer equipment, not the whole building. biggrin.gif

Bye
Thanee

Well, as we can't stand by and watch the fire, I think parts of the building might unavoidably catch fire. Depending on how reckless we are.
But I don't mean we're supposed to burn down the entire factory, of course biggrin.gif
I doubt we could anyways wink.gif

But we should expect the smoke, fire etc to be visible regardless (as Gilga mentioned).
Volker
How about we discuss this IC (or don't)? Our characters hardly have time to exchange thoughts, so why would we?
Luckace
@Jack: is there an anchor to be found that keeps the mana barrier up?
Gilga
Well, Anna does not follow my logic.
Jack_Spade
QUOTE (Thanee @ Mar 5 2019, 08:02 AM) *
@Jack:

I took the time to recheck, what we might have in terms of looted gear and found some pieces that might need some clarification. smile.gif

Questions:

1) How much and what kind of ammo does the Ruger Super Warhawk (Battery) have?
2) How much and what kind of ammo does the Auto-Assault 16 (Assault) have?
3) What exactly are the "... a few more grenades ..." in Assault's bag?
4) Do we also have the AK-98 from Assault?
5) If so, what kind of modifications does the AK-98 (Assault) have?
6) If so, how much and what kind of ammo/grenades does the AK-98 (Assault) have?

Does this look right, otherwise?

Bye
Thanee

1) 3 shots of Custom Ex-Ex (DV+3 AP-1), 1 SnS, 1 Tracer, 1 silver bullet
2) Full Drum with equal parts APDS, Flechette and Stick'n Shock (Ammo Select)
3) 3 Gas Grenades, 3 HE and a Flashpack. Gas grenades are filled with Pepperpunch
4) I don't remember you recovering it, but yeah, why not.
5) Smartlink external and Gas Vent III
6) A full mag of APDS

@Luckace
The Barrier is anchored to the outer wall of the building.
Thanee
QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ Mar 5 2019, 09:44 PM) *
4) I don't remember you recovering it, but yeah, why not.

Yeah, it kinda got lost in the shuffle... spin.gif

But we did pack everything we could find there, so no real reason to leave that behind.

Thank you! smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Volker
QUOTE (Thanee @ Mar 6 2019, 07:48 PM) *
"Guess, the neighbors weren't too happy about the noise. We should move. Don't forget the other car."

What other car?
Gilga
Smartlinks in real life:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C41CAAMgnoo
SquirrelDude
QUOTE (Volker @ Mar 7 2019, 01:09 AM) *
What other car?

I believe we stole a van to get here, and then also drove our other vehicle (rather than leave it abandoned on the side of the road)
Thanee
QUOTE (Volker @ Mar 7 2019, 08:09 AM) *
What other car?

The one we came here with?

Bye
Thanee
Volker
Ah, you mean the one we left where we took over the van?
Thanee
Yes, our car, organized from Eliza, I believe, when we split up. That one was used to block the road and afterwards (IIRC) sent on autopilot to drive around and be retrieved by us.

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?s=&a...t&p=1344083

Bye
Thanee
Volker
What did we do to the original drivers of the van? I'd assume, after we returned to the place of the crime, we left them there to walk home or whereever they wanna go. We can't quite take them with us, but I assume that at least Wraith, Anna und bnc also won't let them lie in the snows until they die of cold.
Do you go along with me?
Luckace
I thought we had left them tied up inside Elizia's van and assumed we set them free now that we changed back to that one.
Volker
That's what I said.
Gilga
Let's set them free - if we wanted to kill them we should have done so.
Thanee
If you just look at the link I posted above, it leads you right to that part in the IC. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
Volker
Is there any means to protect the files better on short notice? Can I, for example, upload it to a secure database and erase all traces that lead to it? Would that be costly?
Or are there any reliable safes at hand in which I could store a chip with the data?
If bnc has options to do so, she doesn't want to go in there with the data - lest he just take the info by force.
Jack_Spade
There is a cyberprogram to store data offline and also one to erase data from the matrix without trace. Can't access my books at the moment, but those two are in Datatrails.
Volker
Alas, I do have Shredder but not Cloudless, and an AVA of 6 is too much to purchase it instantly. Let's just move on with an improvised security measurement.
Luckace
I currently don't have access to the rules, thus can't post Wraith's wishes until tomorrow. It would make sense, though, that he'd need a few moments before he can ask for a wishlist.
He doesn't have such an intricate knowledge of weapon tech, so it's only logical he'd hesitate for a while.
Jack_Spade
No problem.
You all have some time to plan - and to wait for Abdecker to deliver your wish list.
Thanee
So, does anyone want anything from the gear we have looted?

Here's a list:

CODE
LOOTED GEAR

--- Vampire Mage ---
Naginata (Acc 5 DV (STR+3)P AP -2 Reach 3)
Sapphire Knife (Acc 5 DV (STR+2)P AP -3 Reach 0)
Transys Avalon Commlink

--- Battery ---
Ruger Super Warhawk (Acc 6(8) DV 9P AP -2 Mode SS RC 0 Ammo 6(cy))
- Smartgun System
- Ammo Skip System
- Longbarrel
- Custom EX-Explosive Ammo (3) (DV+3 AP-1)
- Stick-n-Shock Ammo (1) (DV -2S(e) AP -5*)
- Tracer Ammo (1)
- Silver Bullet (1)
Sapphire Knife (Acc 5 DV (STR+2)P AP -3 Reach 0)
Gas Grenades with DMSO+Narcojet (3)
Transys Avalon Commlink

--- Assault ---
Auto-Assault 16 (Acc 5+(7) DV 13P AP -1 Mode SA/BF/FA RC 6(+1 FA) Ammo 32(d))
- Smartgun System
- Ammo Skip System
- Underbarrel Weight (Under)
- Electronic Firing
- Longbarrel
- Personalized Grip (-)
- APDS Ammo (11) (AP -4)
- Flechette Ammo (11) (DV +2 AP +5)
- Stick-n-Shock Ammo (10) (DV -2S(e) AP -5*)
AK-98 (Acc 5(7) DV 10P AP -2 Mode SA/BF/FA RC 3 Ammo 38(c))
- Grenade Launcher (Acc 3(5) Mode SS Ammo 6(m))
- Smartgun System (Top)
- APDS Ammo (38) (AP -4)
High Explosive Grenades (3) (DV 16P (-2/m) AP -2)
Gas Grenades with Pepper Punch (3)
Flash-pak
[url="http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=42103&st=700&p=1343368&#entry1343368"]a sealed plastic container with the dimensions of 40x30x20 cm³ with a "Warning, do not open" sticker on it[/url] (Alchemical Preparation)

--- Crusader Warehouse Head of Operations ---
Ares Alpha (Acc 5+(7) DV 11P AP -2 Mode SA/BF/FA RC 5 Ammo 42(c))
- Grenade Launcher (Acc 4(6) Mode SS Ammo 6(c))
- Easy Breakdown (powered) (Side)
- Chameleon Coating
- Personalized Grip (-)
- Extended Clip (100%) (3)
- APDS Ammo (84) (AP -4)
- EX-Explosive Ammo (84) (DV +2 AP -1)
- Flechette Ammo (74) (DV +2 AP +5)
- High Explosive Minigrenades (5) (DV 16P (-2/m) AP -2)
Sapphire Knives (2) (Acc 5+ DV (STR+2)P AP -3 Reach 0)
- Personalized Grip (-)
Executive Armored Suit
Ballistic Mask
- Smartlink
- Thermographic Vision
- Low-Light Vision
- Vision Enhancement 3
Hermes Ikon Commlink

Nova would want to keep the Ares Alpha and a Commlink to have a spare. We should probably keep the grenades, as they can come in handy.

The rest? Anyone?

Otherwise we could as well ask the Abdecker, whether he would fence the stuff.

Bye
Thanee
Gilga
Anna would like the nonlethal gas grenades and the ammo for the Ruger. (She would not use the high explosives due to her personality).

the 3 bullets of DV +3 AP-1 is especially nice for her as she often lacks the punch. (too bad we have so few of them)
Luckace
All of the three comlinks we found would be an upgrade to Wraith's current Erika Elite, so he'd love one of them.

Also, he doesn't have a ballistic mask (just a helmet), so in general, he'd be glad about that as well.
However, seeing it's got smartlink-system and everything, I think that mask might be more appreciated by someone who plans on using that wink.gif
So if one of our main-shooters wants the mask, Wraith will gladly let them have it. If no one else wants it, he'd take the mask.

As for Abdecker's services, I'm currently thinking about asking him for either a fake SIN or a customized set of armor, haven't decided yet.

@Jack: How individually recognizable is that customized mask, is it a standardized model (optically speaking)? Or could we at least make it mostly undetectable with some black spray?
Thanee
Nova has an implanted smartlink. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
Jack_Spade
@Luckace

The ballistic mask is not customized, so no problem wearing it without drawing attention.

@Thanee
Getting a formangepasste Panzerung is possible, but it won't work with a full body armor - the only accessoires for that is the helmet and using a shield
Thanee
QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ Mar 19 2019, 05:50 PM) *
@Luckace
The ballistic mask is not customized, so no problem wearing it without drawing attention.

You listed it as "custom" the first time... smile.gif

QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ Feb 26 2019, 11:27 PM) *
... a custom ballistic face mask with smartlink, thermo-optic, low light and vision enhancement.

Maybe I just mistook that for "customized" and you only meant something more like "tricked-out" there.

@Thanee
Getting a formangepasste Panzerung is possible, but it won't work with a full body armor - the only accessoires for that is the helmet and using a shield

Are you sure about that? I thought only the military-grade armor has that rule. That would make a FBA a weaker option, armor-wise, than an Armor Jacket. And Nova's strength isn't even that high. wink.gif

As for the Sensor Ratings... Ok, I see it now. I only looked at the other side, where it said capacity [1] for Rating 2-8. I don't really need that one, anyways, it was just something that seemed useful to fill the remaining capacity in the helmet. I'll just get a camera instead.

Bye
Thanee
Jack_Spade
Yes, custom as in "has been modded"

Hm, interesting, you are right, it doesn't say that in the core rule book. That opens up quite a lot of additional armor options.

Thanee
It also doesn't say for the Security Armor in R&G.

Only the one with the Hardened Armor has that restriction.

How much would that Electrochromic Modification for the bike cost? I only found one vehicle in Rigger 5 that has it listed as a standard modification, but nothing else.

Also, how much does the refit for the Personalized Grip cost?

Bye
Thanee
Jack_Spade
The refit is half price of new, so 50 nuyen

The bike Abdecker has on hand has chameleon coating, so it's 5000 nuyen more expensive, but you can change colors and camouflage it
Thanee
Ahh... I might not be able to afford that, actually. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
SquirrelDude
Jack, what does the Quickdraw Quiver. (Hard Targets pg. 186) actually do? More specifically, what benefit does it provide?

Costs of Sharkboy's list
5 SnS with Static Shaft - 1125¥
2 Explosive with Seeker Shaft - 120¥
18 Seekers Shaft - 810¥
1 Meta Link - 100¥
2 HE grenades - 200¥
Cost for weapon tooling?

Let me know if there was an errata where Seeker Shafts are supposed to be 45*rating and not a flat 45.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012