Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Salted Wounds [OOC]
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
Volker
Oh. You could have told me so when I asked you about details on the guest list -.-

Erm, in that case I will just put all five of us on the list at once, as mingling into a huge party won't work anyway.
Or does anyone of you want to stay outside and guard?
Thanee
Let's just go inside. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
@Gilga: Just out of curiosity... do you copy&paste the name "ABdecker" from post to post? Just wondering, since you somehow always have that capital-B in there. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
Volker
@gilga

There's only one barkeep in this room. But you may walk through one of the two doors Jack mentioned.
Gilga
Nope, I guess this is just how I read his name: A (the letter) B( the letter) and then decker.
Like DNA (where you say the letters... perhaps Jack thinks of his name differently).
Jack_Spade
It's - as so often with me - a play on words.

Abdecker is German for the profession of flayer/skinner or knacker. I thought that might be a fitting name for a human flesh eating decker wink.gif
Thanee
QUOTE (Gilga @ Dec 30 2018, 09:21 PM) *
Nope, I guess this is just how I read his name: A (the letter) B( the letter) and then decker.
Like DNA (where you say the letters... perhaps Jack thinks of his name differently).

Ahh... I see. biggrin.gif

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
"Schorsch" the elf. biggrin.gif

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
@Volker: Where did you get "cocktail bar" from? I only saw "night club" and "bar".

Bye
Thanee
Gilga
It's so fun that German and English share letters... I can't play with words like that. זה פשוט לא עובד כלכך טוב מימין לשמאל...
Thanee
@Jack: One question about the "Crusaders". Is that a term commonly (well, in the shadows, anyways) used for this group? i.e. has bnc come across it in her searches?

Because, I remember Nacl saying something like "... let's call them Crusaders and Harvesters ...", like he made up those names.

That would make the barkeep mentioning them by that name a lot more meaningful. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
Volker
QUOTE (Thanee @ Dec 31 2018, 10:41 AM) *
@Volker: Where did you get "cocktail bar" from? I only saw "night club" and "bar".

QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ Dec 30 2018, 08:26 PM) *
His badge read "Schorsch" and he mixed a mean caipi as well as a very strong mojito.

Technically, it might still not be a cocktail bar, but to bnc every bar that serves cocktails is a cocktail bar. But basically, I think that's a (sub)cultural thing: bnc doesn't regard vodka as a veritable drink, but as something cheap and simple to mix with other stuff to get a cheap drink. She doesn't even consider that there are vodkas that cost € 15 and more a bottle and actually taste quite good.

@gilga What does that mean what you wrote?
Thanee
I see, I see. smile.gif

QUOTE (Volker @ Dec 31 2018, 11:50 AM) *
@gilga What does that mean what you wrote?

It just does not work so well from right to left.

Bye
Thanee
Jack_Spade
@Thanee

Very asttute: The term is definitely a shadow term, mainly because it is also used in the forum where they coordinate.
Thanee
So, essentially, they do call themselves Crusaders, also.

But it is not something you would see in the news.

Bye
Thanee
Jack_Spade
Right
Thanee
Happy New Year! smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Jack_Spade
Ah yes, welcome to 2019 everyone biggrin.gif
Volker
+1

Would you say there are quick draw holsters for shuriken?
Jack_Spade
No, since you can't quickdraw them unless you are an adept.
Why?
Volker
Why would I not be able to quickdraw?
QUOTE ("CRB")
A character may attempt to quick-draw a pistol, pistol-sized weapon, or small throwing weapon and immediately fire it by using a Quick Draw Simple Action."

Just for a character I play in a different group.
Jack_Spade
Oh, never saw that before. Nice.

In that case: Yes, becasue only properly holstered weapons can be quick drawn. So if there are holsters for throwing weapons, you can reasonably assume there are also quick draw holsters.
Thanee
Ninjas can do it, too! biggrin.gif

Surely there is a way to carry them, so they can be quick-drawn, even though I wouldn't call it a holster. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Volker
But would that be 175 nuyen for every single shuriken.
Jack_Spade
If it's a quickdraw, yeah.

Quick-draw holster: This easy access holster can
hold any weapon of Machine Pistol or smaller size. It
reduces the threshold for quick-drawing the holstered
weapon by 1
Luckace
QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ Jan 1 2019, 11:02 AM) *
Ah yes, welcome to 2019 everyone biggrin.gif

Right, happy new year, folks biggrin.gif
Thanee
QUOTE (Volker @ Jan 1 2019, 10:30 PM) *
But would that be 175 nuyen for every single shuriken.

The quick-draw holster is not necessary for quick-drawing. It is an improvement that makes it easier.

Bye
Thanee
Volker
QUOTE (Thanee @ Jan 1 2019, 11:53 PM) *
The quick-draw holster is not necessary for quick-drawing. It is an improvement that makes it easier.

Bye
Thanee

I know but 2 rather than 3 is an improvement. But if I need to spent 1750 nuyen for a set of sheathes for 10 shuriken, that's too expensive.
Thanee
So, how far away is this warehouse? i.e. when will we arrive, when we drive there right away?

Bye
Thanee
Jack_Spade
Ah sorry, forgot to add that: It's a bit outside Linz, so no more than 20 minutes to drive

Edit: Here is a sketch of the warehouse situation.

https://pyrophilios.files.wordpress.com/201...z-Warehouse.png
Thanee
No worries. smile.gif

So, we still got about an hour to make a plan...

Bye
Thanee
Gilga
How many stun grenades do we have from the loot? Do you think that we should buy more?
Jack_Spade
You have two gas grenades and three HE micro grenades from the loot.
Gilga
Jack can they be tossed normally or do they have to be fired with a grenade launcher?
Jack_Spade
Micro grenades have to be launched.
Thanee
Since bnc has some videos of the vans arriving...

1) Could they be the same van (i.e. same dirt marks, tires, stuff like that)?

2) Can you see the drivers from the outside? (I assume no, since the Abdecker said something about thermal imaging.)

#2 would rule out the "Control Thoughts" idea from the outside, except maybe for the option of having a Spirit of Man (or two, ideally) with that spell (or the Influence power as a subsitute) materialize in there.

Bye
Thanee
Jack_Spade
It's definitely the same van - just different number plates (aka spoof chiped and morphing license plate)

No, standard one-way windows

A spirit of man could materialize in the back - but for that the van would have to be stationary.
Thanee
@Zapper Rounds:

Those will fry the electronics, I suppose?

Matrix damage seems kinda weird, when there is no wifi connection at all. Just wondering... biggrin.gif

Aha, found them on reddit...

3. Zapper Rounds: Rather than doing normal damage, these bullets do Matrix Damage. The standard ranged attack roll is made with damage increased by net hits and applied to a single device possessed, worn, carried, or implanted in the targeted individual. The device receiving the damage is selected at random by the gamemaster, or by the attacking player if they succeed in a Called Shot. Devices can only be targeted by a Called Shot if they are visible to the attacker. Damage Resistance roll is made using the Device Rating + Firewall, along with any other damage resistance programs. Burst Fire and Full Auto have an alternate option. Instead of hindering the target’s Defense Test, the attack strikes multiple devices, or one device more than once. Burst Fire hits twice, Long Burst hits three times, and Full Auto hits four times.

Weird! spin.gif

Bye
Thanee
Gilga
Yes, very strange. This game is like insane with mechanics. Insnaely effective against cars/devices though. Four targets with FA attack. You could actually target like 12 drones in one combat turn with these babies.
Volker
@Thanee

Yeah, it's only called matrix damage but it's really frying the electronic parts. It's just a term based on the usual source for "matrix" damage.
Volker
I have a hardware workshop and when the run started, James packed as much stuff as he could into the van. How should we treat that? As a toolbox?
Jack_Spade
Yeah, toolbox sound about right.
Gilga
By the way, why do we want to hit the facility in the same night? Can't we go to sleep and do it the next night? Anna has no more edge left.
Luckace
OOT I agree with you, but IT, a night we do nothing is a night that the Harvesters can get closer to Kerstin with us falling behind.
But you're free to suggest waiting, of course smile.gif
Guess it comes down to a matter of how (overly) cautious each member is.Wraith probably won't be a fan of waiting.
Thanee
Well, Nova still has stun damage from the fight, but I would still hit it this night. Just because, time is not in our favor.

We also don't know when Kerstin will hit her target... waiting a night might be too late.

Bye
Thanee
Volker
How would Anna even know she's out of edge?
Luckace
I guess one would feel some kind of exhaustion and "I'm too worn out to do anything awesome"?
After all, if sleep and food replenish it, edge must somewhat be connected to being fit and energetic, I assume.
Gilga
How many times they can tempt fate in one day;) these little daredevils just never have enough.
Jack_Spade
Looking at the list for regaining Edge:

• Good roleplaying.
• Heroic acts of self-sacrifice.
• Achievement of important personal goals.
• Enduring a critical glitch without using a Close
Call (you get a point of Edge back to balance
the scales a bit; this should be used judiciously,
though, so as not to always let the players off the
hook when they roll a critical glitch).
• Succeeding in an important objective.
• Being particularly brave or smart.
• Pushing the storyline forward.
• Having the right skills in the right place at the
right time.
• Impressing the group with humor or drama.

I think pushing the story forward without rest would suffice for you all to regain a point of Edge.
Volker
QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ Jan 4 2019, 12:04 PM) *
Looking at the list for regaining Edge:

• Good roleplaying.
• Heroic acts of self-sacrifice.
• Achievement of important personal goals.
• Enduring a critical glitch without using a Close
Call (you get a point of Edge back to balance
the scales a bit; this should be used judiciously,
though, so as not to always let the players off the
hook when they roll a critical glitch).
• Succeeding in an important objective.
• Being particularly brave or smart.
• Pushing the storyline forward.
• Having the right skills in the right place at the
right time.
• Impressing the group with humor or drama.

I think pushing the story forward without rest would suffice for you all to regain a point of Edge.

Hooray!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012