Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Salted Wounds [OOC]
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
Gilga
For Anna it depands on how positive her interaction with bnc will be.

Anna would probably keep the power focus, but I am not sure that she'll actually bind it. There are some doubts there for me.
SquirrelDude
Just poking up to see how things are going during this very fun time in everyone's life.
Volker
It's sunny and warm, I got plenty of good food, a lovely girlfriend, regular payment and my president is neither a jerk nor an asshole nor a moron.
I'm fine smile.gif

How about you guys?
Gilga
I am good kids are back in kindergarten, and I work from home. We bought a very nice house and are planning on living there soon. All this home isolation is much nicer with a big yard wink.gif
Volker
You bought a house for the Corona crisis? :-O
Thanee
Suuure. Just for Corona. biggrin.gif

Bye
Thanee
Luckace
Glad to hear you guys are well:)
Me too, as a stereotypical introverted university-student, my life hasn't worsened too much during the pandemic - now I have an excuse to stay at home all day biggrin.gif
I'm somewhat stranded in Salzburg (although I don't mind at all), where I study, and it's quite funny: every day, I see all those places we "visited" with the team, like the Kappuzinerberg or the Lemon&Chilli.
Gilga
Luckace - what do you study?
Jack_Spade
Hi guys,

Corona added an extra layer of complication in my plans of developing the next game (basically, home office makes me work overtime like crazy, leaving little energy for GM preparations)

Anyway, for the next game I'd like to pick up after a downtime of about three months. The game will be cross Europe with a mobile base of operations.

I'll make an open recruiting post with you guys of course having priority for any slot.
You can keep your characters or try out something new if you want
(This game stays 5e by the way)
Thanee
I know what you mean with the workload. It's been pretty crazy here as well. smile.gif

New game sounds great! Definitely interested in continuing. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Luckace
@Gilga: I study psychology.

@Jack: Oh nice:D awesome that you still found time to create another scenario despite your workload! My respect for that.

How long should we expect the new scenario to go? I'd love to join, I just gotta check if i have enough spare time to commit to another run.wink.gif
Jack_Spade
Well, considering the circumstances, it probably won't be as fast paced as before - and IP it will be a lot more episodic, so it's possible that a character isn't involved in one of the sub runs.
How long the story goes? No idea. In theory you could skip right to the end (although I wouldn't recommend that in regard to your chances to survive it then...)
Gilga
I've been expecting it!
I share your observations about covid. I try to process a backlog of two months of 30-40% work time so things are very busy. I'll make an effort.
SquirrelDude
Depending on the job, Sharkboy may or may not make a return appearance. He’s not good at subtlety and would probably balk at working with bnc again, assuming she’s fit to keep working.
Jack_Spade
Well, Slobbertooth is just as welcome wink.gif
Or a new concept
SquirrelDude
Slob is happily retired in Seattle. nyahnyah.gif

And yeah, I may work up a new concept. Could pull Greyfox out of the closet and try that character concept again. Sharkboy could also have his promoter turn him face, and he'd suddenly be a lot more amicable to working with everyone again, and probably behave differently from how he did before. Wrestling is fun like that.
Volker
Cool!

I'll have to spend some time thinking about bnc's next choices. As you, I had pretty damn other things on my mind lately, but I'm inflamed.

@Squirrel Sorry for that...
SquirrelDude
Don't worry about it
Volker
Yup, I'm in smile.gif

till when do I need bnc? To be frank, I haven't wasted a thought on char development so far. Well, maybe a thought, but not enough.
Thanee
QUOTE (Volker @ May 26 2020, 09:21 PM) *
I haven't wasted a thought on char development so far.

Yeah, me neither.

After reading this here, I had to check back on how much Karma we got, since I hadn't wrote that down, yet. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
Jack_Spade
You still have a week to get them in order (or more - I'm not auditing your characters wink.gif )
SquirrelDude
I think I wrote down how much Karma we got

Edit: 75 Karma

Rough Outlines after 5 minutes

A)
Attributes
Body 3->4 (20)
Charisma 4->5 (25)

Martial Arts
Muay Thai - Crushing Jaws, Kick Attack, Ti Khao (17)
Pro Wrestling - Sacrifice Throw, Tricking (12)

2 Leftover, probably try to turn it into cash.

B)
Attributes
Body 3->4 (20)
Willpower 3->4 (20)

Martial Arts
Muay Thai - Crushing Jaws, Finishing Move, Kick Attack, Ti Khao (17)
Pro Wrestling - Sacrifice Throw, Tricking (12)

2 Leftover, probably try to turn it into cash.

There's probably an alternative where far more karma is shifted into cash and turned into higher grade bioware that replaces what he currently has
Thanee
We also need to distribute the cash and loot from the last part. There were some big foci, I believe, which should be worth something. And a bunch of credsticks.

Bye
Thanee
Volker
Oh, true, we never agreed on how to distribute that.
Anyone laying claim on anything?
SquirrelDude
I don't even remember what the comprehensive list of gear was.

Sharkboy probably did finders-keepers on the vamp's FBA, but that's all I remember.
Thanee
In general, I would say that assigning some fair value (like half of what it would cost to buy it) to any items of significant worth and adding those values to the Nuyen before giving an even share to everyone should work.

It would probably help to figure out what we actually have to distribute first. biggrin.gif

Bye
Thanee
Volker
I'm with Thanee. That sounds beneficial for both parties.
Volker
So, I just dug through the OoC thread and what I found is:

Lootwise we have
- a body armor (Weapon Focus II), worth 14,000 + armor worth (I don't know which type of armor it is, though)
- power focus VI (ring), worth 108,000
- health sustaining focus VI (ring), worth 24,000
- manipulation sustaining focus VI (ring), worth 24,000
- centering focus VIII (ring), worth 72,000
- counterspelling focus VI (amulet), worth 24,000
- centering focus VI (amulet), worth 56,000

Paywise we have
- 2x 10,000 each from Nacl (plus some extra for Nova)
- 20x 20,000 in credsticks (!)

So, if I got nothing wrong, we have:
magical equipment worth 322,000. If we assume 40 % selling price (through Sunkid), that'd be 128,800 nuyen or 25,760 each.
In addition we have 400,000 in creds, or 80,000 each.

Sum total that'd be a bit more than 120,000 for each and every one of us, depending on who lays claim on what gear.
Also, I don't recall whether we got something from Abdecker or not.

Expense-wise we should have nothing except for 3 months downtime + 1 month playtime = 4 months of lifestyle costs.
Except for bnc, who'll buy Nyan a fake SIN and will investigate her financial situation. If she's out of dough atm, she'll give her another 10,000 as pocket money.

Did I get it covered?

I found this:
QUOTE ("gilga")
Anna would probably keep the power focus, but I am not sure that she'll actually bind it. There are some doubts there for me.
Jack_Spade
The full body armor is (beside being a focus) equipped with YNT Softweave, armored agains electricity, fire, cold at 6 (and of course full chemical seal), integrated commlink (R6), quick access pocket, micro welder, gel packs and gloves to touch virtual objects.
The helmet has a trode net, flash compensation, smartlink, image link and audio link.
Thanee
Cool stuff, Volker! smile.gif

Gee, that's a lot of foci. biggrin.gif

Bye
Thanee
SquirrelDude
QUOTE (Volker @ May 30 2020, 05:04 AM) *
So, I just dug through the OoC thread and what I found is:

Lootwise we have
- a body armor (Weapon Focus II), worth 14,000 + armor worth (I don't know which type of armor it is, though)
- power focus VI (ring), worth 108,000
- health sustaining focus VI (ring), worth 24,000
- manipulation sustaining focus VI (ring), worth 24,000
- centering focus VIII (ring), worth 72,000
- counterspelling focus VI (amulet), worth 24,000
- centering focus VI (amulet), worth 56,000

Sharkboy probably just gonna claim the FBA because finder's keepers and it's the kind of gear he'd need/want, and he went out of his way to loot it. I may think he should keep some of the magic gear, but he's yet to show any interest in making his magic stronger, so he'd probably sell it/take the cash.

And Anna may want the Power Focus. Does anyone else want to claim some of this gear to keep rather than for resale?

QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ May 30 2020, 06:11 AM) *
The full body armor is (beside being a focus) equipped with YNT Softweave, armored agains electricity, fire, cold at 6 (and of course full chemical seal), integrated commlink (R6), quick access pocket, micro welder, gel packs and gloves to touch virtual objects.
The helmet has a trode net, flash compensation, smartlink, image link and audio link.
Quick access pocket?

I can find Quick Draw Holster, Biofiber/Concealed/Faraday Pockets, and Gear access. I can't find Quick access pockets.

Also, how much to get that suit painted up a dull grey with black stripes running down the back and sides in a pattern like this

Last question

How does Biocompatibility interact with Deltaware? Does 0.5*.90 = .45 which becomes .4 or stays at .5 because you round to the nearest tenth?
Jack_Spade
Sorry, correct name is gear access.
Call it 500 Nuyen for the paint job and 1000 to fit it to his figure
SquirrelDude
I'm also gonna rip the micro welder and commlink out of it because technically it's 3 over capacity and I don't need those two idems, and I'd prefer to have other stuff.

What's left, if I interpreted your list of stuff correctly https://i.imgur.com/7K6Sit0.png
Jack_Spade
Suit yourself (no pun intended wink.gif )
But it should be pretty exactly at capacity.
YNT increases capacity to 23
Cold, electricity and fire are at 18
Leaving 5 for commlink, welder, gear access and glove
Gel packs and chemical seal don't cost capacity

Also, no rounding for the BioWare. Apply the .45 to the essence cost.
SquirrelDude
QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ May 30 2020, 02:47 PM) *
Suit yourself (no pun intended wink.gif )
But it should be pretty exactly at capacity.
YNT increases capacity to 23
Cold, electricity and fire are at 18
Leaving 5 for commlink, welder, gear access and glove
Gel packs and chemical seal don't cost capacity
Attachable Gear Access is [4] capacity, gloves are 1, Commlink is 2, and welder is 1, so that's 8/5 left available for them. Maybe you meant something other than attachable gear access? I also made the mistake of just calling it "gear access."

Also, no rounding for the BioWare. Apply the .45 to the essence cost.

Chrome Flesh, pg 54, Biocompatibility
"In game terms, the Essence cost of implants of the particular chosen type are reduced by ten percent, rounded down to the tenth. This rebate is cumulative with the reduction offered by the chosen ’ware’s grade, if any (e.g., the reduction for alphaware of 0.8 is reduced by ten percent, or 0.08, to become 0.72, and is rounded down to 0.7)."
Jack_Spade
So, now that I have access to my books again:

Yeah, it wasn't gear access but concealed pockets

And yes, the CF text is badly written. Basically you reduce all essence costs by another 10% (Normal is 0,9, Alpha 0,8, Delta 0,4)
Luckace
Guys, with a heavy heart, I'll withdraw Wraith from the upcoming run.

I loved running with you guys, and I'd love to run with you again, but time & circumstances don't really allow that commitment right now. And I'd rather leave preemptively than in the heat of things.

So in conclusion, I'm out. Thanks to Jack for the great scenario so far and thanks to all of you for the amazing roleplaying, it really was fun!

Wish you guys all the best, stay safe in these chaotic times, and good luck for the upcoming run:)
Jack_Spade
Thanks for letting us know. Should your situation change, give me notice - I'm sure I can bring you in at a later date if necessary smile.gif
Thanee
About updating the characters... how about training times and costs, downtime, availability for equipment and all that stuff?

Also, is buying positive qualities ok?

Bye
Thanee
Jack_Spade
Don't sweat the downtime. Availability is quite relaxed with Nacl having extensive connections.
Deltaware will be implanted in a clinic in Berlin.
Between Abdecker and The Sunkid in Seattle (bnc has the connection) you should be able to get nearly everything below Ava 25

Training can be assumed to have happened before and during the run (you'll run out of karma before you run out of time).
Positive Qualities are fine too.
Thanee
Ok. smile.gif

QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ May 31 2020, 12:57 PM) *
(you'll run out of karma before you run out of time)

Yeah, probably. Though, I was looking at Martial Arts, when thinking about this, and it takes quite long (a month for the basics, plus two weeks for every maneuver).

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
One more question. smile.gif

Can you install headware with a capacity rating in a cyberlimb (arm or leg)? i.e. could you put an orientation system or an attention coprocessor into a cyberarm?

Bye
Thanee
SquirrelDude
If we have our bioware/cyberare replaced with higher grade stuff, are we able to sell back the stuff we had in our bodies at some discounted price? Not cultured bioware, obviously.
Volker
Did we get money from Abdecker? Or anything? I can't remember anymore. I think it was something along the line "keep the loot".
We haven't calculated any loot, though. How much did we find/get here?
Thanee
QUOTE (Volker @ May 31 2020, 05:04 PM) *
Did we get money from Abdecker? Or anything? I can't remember anymore. I think it was something along the line "keep the loot". We haven't calculated any loot, though. How much did we find/get here?

Abdecker was handled during the game, already. We sold our loot to him for a good price, I think, and got some cash out of it, which was (at least for me) mostly spent on new equipment immediately.

Bye
Thanee
Volker
Ah yeah. I found some notes. Apparently, I got 20k out of it.
Thanks
Volker
So, how much does Sharkboy pay into the group fonds?

@Jack
Also, what about lifestyle costs? Do we assume that the chars have them covered with small jobs? Do we pay 4 months? 3 months?
SquirrelDude
QUOTE (Volker @ May 31 2020, 01:09 PM) *
So, how much does Sharkboy pay into the group fonds?

?
Jack_Spade
@Thanee

p.451 core:
Headware
"These small complex devices are inserted into the head and typically constructed via less-invasive nanosurgery. Items that have a Capacity Cost [in brackets] may be installed in cyberlimbs instead, costing Capacity rather than Essence"

So, yes.

@Squirreldude

Yes, I'm using the German rules: You pay the difference between old and new level of your ware + 20% for the implantation

@Volker

3 Months lifestyle - representing your time spent training and finding stuff you want to buy and sell.
SquirrelDude
Quick order of operations question on the math there, is it

(Cost of New Ware - Price of Old Ware)*1.2

or

Cost of New Ware*1.2 - Price Old Ware
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012