Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Salted Wounds [OOC]
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
Gilga
Jack- what kind of action is it to tag the mage in AR? (need to roll anything?)

Anna will expend 5 reagents and cast F3 trid phantsm to mark the mage. (If she is astrally perceiving Nova/Shark got to activate their senses beforehand).
Otherwise, she'll simple action astrally perceive and then spend the reagents to cast (recklessly) F1 trid phantsm. The trid will be marking the location of the mage using a non-realistic human figure with two neon arrows pointing at him.

At any case:
drain: 11d6t5 2
trid phantsm: 13d6t5 5
Jack_Spade
Astral Perception reveals that the mage is surrounded by a tight mana barrier that blocks the sight on his person on the astral
Which incidentally would reduce your dicepool by 6
13d6t5: 5 [13d6t5=5, 6, 2, 2, 4, 3, 1, 6, 5, 3, 2, 1, 6]
leaving you with two successes - but that's enough to paint a target into the center of the barrier.

As for tagging in the Matrix: You need line of sight to the device, a simple action and then tag it with a Computer+Intuition vs. Sleaze+Logic (Rosenberg's Logic is currently augmented to 10)
Gilga
tagging is for bnc;) Anna can't do that.
Thanee
So, if Nova were to shoot now, would there be any modifiers?

If shooting is not a good option, there is still the backup plan: firing some high-ex grenades into the elevator. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
Jack_Spade
Grenade would work well - For shooting you have Blind Fire mod but get it reduced to -3 thanks to Anna's targetting.
Thanee
Okay, I am not quite up to speed with how grenades work, and the rules being a little contradictory in that area does not help there. smile.gif

I make my test and need 3 hits to hit the spot I am aiming for. Extra hits don't do anything, correct?

Since it's from a grenade launcher, the grenade explodes on impact, so immediately.

Do you get some kind of defense test against it (that's where the contradictions start), or is it just soaking damage?

Or was it, that you could use an interrupt action to get away from the impact?

Just trying to discern, how useful it will be, as I have vastly more dice for shooting than for this. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Jack_Spade
Run for your life interrupt would be the most likely outcome.
Also, you're going to destroy the elevator.

So maybe you'd be better off if you just shoot him
SquirrelDude
No longer relevant, but was the 10P damage from the arrow not enough to force a knockdown check?
Thanee
We got the good rolls for once! smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Gilga
It was a great fight, and the first time in my Shadowrun expirience where counter spelling had a significant role. I really enjoyed it.
Jack_Spade
If someone wants to open the briefcase without destroying it, please make a lockpicking Threshold 3 test.
Thanee
Nova can do that. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
How big is that elevator, anyways? Will we all fit inside together with Mr. Vampire-Body-Armor, and possibly Mr. Rosenberg, in case someone wants to take him with us, too.

Bye
Thanee
Gilga
We may need his finger or eye - best to leave him in the elevator.
Jack_Spade
It will be tight, but is doable
You could take the vamp out of its suit/focus though
SquirrelDude
Vampires are much less impressive as trophies when their heads aren’t still attached to their body, I guess.
Luckace
QUOTE (Gilga @ Dec 10 2019, 11:57 PM) *
[...]
Wraith can send a bound spirit to look for them as these can bypass wards by going around them through the meta planes (at least I think I heard that argument once) Anna cannot do that because she only summons spirits.

Right, I did not think of that. Thanks.
Wraith's remaining bound spirit has only one service left, though, so It won't be able to actively help them - but just finding them would already be helpful, I suppose smile.gif
Thanee
Or you just wait until we are past the Wards and summon a spirit for the task. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Luckace
Yeah, OOC I'd agree, but I think Wraith is too worried / emotionally steered to wait atm. A friend of his is likely under attack, after all, so every minute counts (and we don't know for how long we get stalled inside the facility.)
Thanee
Finding them on the astral seems pretty straightforward. Fly high up above the city and look for the fireworks. biggrin.gif

Bye
Thanee
Luckace
@Jack: A funny idea:
Would you allow using Physical Barrier as an attempt to throw the guys off the SUVs?
I'm considering casting a Physical Barrier right in front of them, floating high enough above the ground so the cars can pass underneath, but the soldiers on top would get knocked against the barrier.
Volker
Heads up: From today on I'll be on a quite intense seminar week and I won't have a laptop. I might not or little be able to post, but I'll give my best.
SquirrelDude
How hard would it be to jump out of a Helicopter and kick a driver in the face?
Jack_Spade
Let's just say: You better spend a point of edge on that gymnastics test. But then: Rule of cool: Threshold 5 and you can do it
Thanee
How much time has passed now, since we entered the lobby on the level of Rosenberg's office?

Bye
Thanee
Gilga
Amazing Shark post.
Jack_Spade
@Thanee

About five to ten minutes have passed
Thanee
Ok, thank you.

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
Right, Initiative ... 25

Bye
Thanee
Luckace
Initiative: 9+1d6 12
SquirrelDude
Initiative: 3d6+11 24

A good initiative roll, what world is this?
Gilga
Initiative: 14+2d6 20

Anna is using spell defense wink.gif
Luckace
@Jack: Could a summoned spirit reach the combatants with a free action (F6 spirit of air: "walking" rate = 18m)? Or at least get in range for an Elemental Attack/Fear?

I'm a little unsure how far we are away from the action and whether the goons are inside the SUVs or on top.
Jack_Spade
It's a bit fluid, but yes, a spirit of air - once he is manifested - could get inside the cars (where all the remaining forces are)

Currently, one of the cars is lagging behind because Nova shot the car. The other one has Sharkboy inside as well as three opponents.
Gilga
Initiative:

25 Nova
24: Shark
22: E1
20: Anna
16: E2
15: E3
12: Wraith

bnc? Nyan?

Ini: 3#12+2d6 22 15 16
Jack_Spade
Nyan isn't taking part in the fight, she just directs sprites to attack drones
Gilga
When it's Anna's turn:
drain: 11d6t5 4
stunbolt: 13d6t5 3

Not much firepower, it's mainly Shark and Nova now.
Thanee
At what point does the initiative begin? i.e. which actions are part of it, already?

Bye
Thanee
Jack_Spade
Shark's attack is the trigger for this ini round
SquirrelDude
Am I safe to assume the truck I'm in is under auto-pilot?

Would that autopilot turn off if someone were to take control of the wheel or would additional steps be necessary?
Jack_Spade
Currently, there is a driver behind the wheel in AR.
His first action will likely be to engage autopilot
SquirrelDude
So it would be possible for Sharkboy to grab the wheel and take control of the car for one turn?

Also, is the other car parallel with the one Sharkboy is in, and if so it even with it, in front of it, or behind it?
Jack_Spade
Currently the other car is behind Sharkboy and slowing down considerably since Nova shot it and reduced it's handling, speed and other limits by 3
SquirrelDude
That will make it hard to recklessly run Shark's care into that one to try and get Sharks' to fishtail and go out of control. Pity.

Let's try something different.
Thanee
I think Jack mentioned, these guys are Mitsuhama, so corp, not mercenary. wink.gif

Yep ...

QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ Dec 11 2019, 08:38 PM) *
Suddenly Eliza appeared back in the runner's feed: <<Hurry, I am in position for retrieval. The inner city is in total chaos after Mitsuhama assault teams have started using assault weapons in their pursuit of the boss. The situation is getting out of control.>>

Bye
Thanee
SquirrelDude
Sharkboy:
Logic: 2
Thanee
Just thought you might have missed that part. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Gilga
This scene is hilarious wink.gif
Thanee
Now you can give them autographs...

Bye
Thanee
Volker
Jack, could you please roll and post for me?

She'll claim that she's Rosenberg, who already got himself out but needs the team back NOW to protect the base and research. And she'd tell him to shut up and do as he's told.

Then she'll mount the guns. Her ini is 4d6+10 or so, for Gunnery she'd got 15d6. Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012