Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chummer Character Generator
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
Redjack
Starting a new thread due to the size of the first thread. - Redjack

[ For the Chummer 5 thread, go HERE ]

QUOTE (Nebular @ Apr 2 2011, 12:31 PM) *
Hi all,

I've been working on a character generator since late-December 2010 and have released it for all Runner to use.

I have two main goals for Chummer. The first is to be a standard character generator that lets you create a character with the BP and Karma systems, then maintain them throughout their career with Karma. The other is to give GMs a tool where they can create their NPCs and have all of the information they need in just one place (like weapon damage, armor ratings, etc.) without having to flip through a bunch of sourcebooks during game play (this really bugged me when I was running some of the SR4 missions).

By default, only content from the Shadowrun 4th Edition book is shown. To use content from other sourcebooks, select Tools > Options and select the books you would like to use. This was done in case there are Game Masters or players that want to limit their character options to only certain books. The sourcebook changes do not take effect until you load or create a new character - if you have one currently open when you make this change, it won't pick up the change until you save and reload it.

Chummer's data is all stored in XML and allows players and GMs to create their own Skills, Vehicles, Weapons, Qualities, and other goodies by creating custom XML data files. Full documentation on the data files can be found in the Chummer Wiki. Character sheets are also created using XSLT meaning that anyone can create their own custom character sheets with a little know-how.

This is a Windows application (Win XP/Vista/7) that requires Microsoft's .NET Framework 4 installed. Unfortunately it does not currently work with Mono, however, recent testing has shown that it should be fully functional with their next public release.

You can grab Chummer from http://www.chummergen.com/dev/chummer/Chummer.zip. This file will be kept up-to-date with each release as well for those who are just joining the party.

Please post any feedback, bug reports, and the like here.

Thanks!

Chummer Thread #1
Nebular
QUOTE (Anomaly @ Feb 12 2012, 04:05 PM) *
There are too many posts to tell properly. So here it is (again?).

When I create a Free Spirit character for 250BP, they start at 2 for all attributes, as expected. However, the generator has charged an extra 135 build points to make them start "Maxed Out" at 2. This isn't a problem if the character doesn't remain at Force 2 because the maximums increase removing the cost. It's when it does remain at Force 2 for low BP characters that it is an issue.

I was thinking a simple test to see if "min attrib" != "max attrib" before calculating the "max out" BP cost might fix that...

In addition:

1 - Still finding my way around the generator. Sometimes gear is slightly difficult to locate. Would suggest using the exact same headings for Gear Categories as the books do to make it simpler.
2 - Another suggestion was adding file links to the book and page number references so those of us with ebooks can link the generator to where we store them then click the links and go straight to the relevant page if possible.
3 - It has cropped up by an insane GM in our group who likes to screw with your char by giving it mad critter powers after weird events in their scenarios that that ability in the generator might be nice.

All in all, by far, the very best character generator I or any of the other players and GMs in our group have ever encountered. We are all in total agreement on that, no dissent.

A.I.s are having the same issue with their Edge. This will be corrected in the next update.

In regards to the Gear categories: at one point they did use the SR4 ones. The big problem is that all of the earlier books made up all of their own categories, so items that logically belong together ended up having completely different category names. This resulted in an incredibly long list of categories that each had only a few items. When the Runner's Toolkit came out, the Compiled Tables booklet did a great job at consolidating a larger number of these categories into better organised ones, so I merged everything to match. The newer books seem to be doing a better job at trying to keep similar items together. So Gear is still placed into the categories they're found in within books, they just happen to be using a newer book.
Nebular
QUOTE (dragrubis @ Feb 12 2012, 03:22 AM) *
For exemple biowire then acceleration
I m in creation/w karma mode

There seems to be a wacky logic problem where it seems to be thinking it requires a Metatype. I'll have this fixed in the next update.
Chinane
Cyberskates - despite having to be added individually - don't have their cost (pair) halved.
Seems to be only an oversight, as it is done correctly for hydraulic jacks.

EDIT:
Also power throw does not affect throwing weapon damage or range in the weapons tab.
Nebular
QUOTE (Chinane @ Feb 13 2012, 02:57 PM) *
Cyberskates - despite having to be added individually - don't have their cost (pair) halved.
Seems to be only an oversight, as it is done correctly for hydraulic jacks.

EDIT:
Also power throw does not affect throwing weapon damage or range in the weapons tab.

Not sure why I never split these up. I've updated all of the paired plugins so that they're purchased individually and added their Movement and Swim bonuses since those were added after the data was created.
Nebular
Build 314
  • added support for <spellcategory /> to the Improvement Manager which adjusts the size of a character's Spellcasting Dice Pool for Spells of the specified Category
  • selecting a Spell now shows the Dice Pool the character receives for casting the Spell
  • added Dice Pool to the Weapons tab in Create Mode
  • added Street Cred, Notoriety, and Public Awareness to the Character Info tab in Create Mode to see how Qualities are affecting their values during character creation
  • added Re-apply Improvements to the Special menu which attempts to update the Improvement information for all of the applicable items on a character
  • added Limited Spell checkbox to the Create Spell window
  • entering 0 BP or Karma in the Choose BP Amount window creates the character in a free-style creation mode (see below)
  • fixed an issue where the first category in the Select Metatype window was not selected when creating a Critter
  • fixed an issue where Attributes whose Metatype minimum and maximum were the same would incorrectly add the 15 additional BP as though they had been purchased up to the Metatype's maximum, resulting in incorrect costs for A.I. and Free Spirit characters
  • burning out in Create Mode now reduces the Attribute's cost to 0 since no points would have realistically been put into it (you've essentially burned away the 1 free point from your Quality gave you or the points your Metatype gave you)
  • Reflex Recorders now only apply their bonus to Combat Active and Physical Active Skills
  • added a Donate button to the About window (see below)
  • Sensor Software now counts as Software for Commlinks (can be marked as running, counts towards Total Response, etc.)
  • fixed an issue where Metamagics/Echoes would incorrectly believe they do not meet Metatype or Quality requirements
New Strings
  • Menu_SpecialReapplyImprovements
  • Message_ConfirmReapplyImprovements
  • MessageTitle_ConfirmReapplyImprovements
  • Title_SelectSpellCategory
Free-Style Create Mode
When 0 BP or 0 Karma is entered in the Choose BP Amount window, the Create window now lets you create a character with an unknown amount of BP/Karma. As BP/Karma is spent, the character's point total is automatically calculated. This also tracks the minimum amount of points the character must be based on the Primary Attributes in an attempt to enforce the rule of no more than 1/2 of the character's points total may be spent on Primary Attributes. The BP/Karma field will turn red when the character's Primary Attributes are forcing the character to be calculated at a higher point total than the number of points that have actually been spent.

Donate Button
Enough people have asked for it, so a Donate button has been added to the About window. Please remember that you're not buying a license, the software, or priority support. All donations go towards purchasing additional Shadowrun books as they're released which means more content for Chummer. wink.gif
Tashiro
One of my players purchased Infiltration, then decided to cancel that and buy the Stealth Group. Wasn't allowed to.
Edit: Something comes to mind via Adept Powers. The ones which boosts active skills lists 'the maximum bonus which can be applied to a skill is equal to 50% of the actual skill rating'. Doesn't this basically mean that the adept power should be limited to being taken three times (Skill 6)? Just an idea.
Nebular
QUOTE (Tashiro @ Feb 13 2012, 09:15 PM) *
One of my players purchased Infiltration, then decided to cancel that and buy the Stealth Group. Wasn't allowed to.
Edit: Something comes to mind via Adept Powers. The ones which boosts active skills lists 'the maximum bonus which can be applied to a skill is equal to 50% of the actual skill rating'. Doesn't this basically mean that the adept power should be limited to being taken three times (Skill 6)? Just an idea.

In regards to the Adept Powers - not necessarily. This isn't usually an issue for player characters, but there are a number of Critters that have Skill Ratings that go beyond the normal maximum of 6. Dragons, for example, can have Skills that go up to 12. A Great Western Dragon Adept could theoretically have a +6 Rating modifier and take full advantage of it. I don't know why you'd want a Great Western Dragon Adept (let alone one with a Rating 18 Skill not including the linked Attribute or any other bonuses) or what sort of sadistic Game Master you'd be playing with, but it is within the realm of possibility. biggrin.gif

In Create Mode there shouldn't be anything stopping you from putting points into the Stealth Group after you've already put points into Infiltration. Putting points in the Group just replaces the value of the Skill and adjusts the BP amount automatically. Is their character in Career Mode by chance? If so, then Skill Groups are automatically broken when any one of its Skills are purchased individually. The easiest way to revert this is to just go to the Karma and Nuyen tab, right-click on the Karma Expense for improving the Skill, and selecting Undo. That should re-enable the Group.
Tashiro
QUOTE (Nebular @ Feb 13 2012, 11:03 PM) *
In regards to the Adept Powers - not necessarily. This isn't usually an issue for player characters, but there are a number of Critters that have Skill Ratings that go beyond the normal maximum of 6. Dragons, for example, can have Skills that go up to 12. A Great Western Dragon Adept could theoretically have a +6 Rating modifier and take full advantage of it. I don't know why you'd want a Great Western Dragon Adept (let alone one with a Rating 18 Skill not including the linked Attribute or any other bonuses) or what sort of sadistic Game Master you'd be playing with, but it is within the realm of possibility. biggrin.gif

In Create Mode there shouldn't be anything stopping you from putting points into the Stealth Group after you've already put points into Infiltration. Putting points in the Group just replaces the value of the Skill and adjusts the BP amount automatically. Is their character in Career Mode by chance? If so, then Skill Groups are automatically broken when any one of its Skills are purchased individually. The easiest way to revert this is to just go to the Karma and Nuyen tab, right-click on the Karma Expense for improving the Skill, and selecting Undo. That should re-enable the Group.

Well, the limit for adepts is still 50% over current skill rating, so that should still be a limit. As for the buying Stealth, this wasn't in create mode, this was spending karma. Undoing it seemed to fail in unlocking the skill group.
Nebular
QUOTE (Tashiro @ Feb 13 2012, 10:25 PM) *
Well, the limit for adepts is still 50% over current skill rating, so that should still be a limit. As for the buying Stealth, this wasn't in create mode, this was spending karma. Undoing it seemed to fail in unlocking the skill group.

Is Infiltration the only Skill in the Stealth Group that the character has (had) points in? I thought I had fixed undoing the last point in the last Skill in a Group would re-enable the Group's button but it doesn't look like that's the case (I could have intended to do it and never actually did... nyahnyah.gif). You can get around this for now by editing the save file (create a backup first just in case! wink.gif). Search for "<name>Stealth</name>". It should be right after a <skillgroup> tag. Change "<broken>True</broken>" to "<broken>False</broken>". Save the file and re-open in Chummer.

Edit: Oh, I see what I did. I fixed the undo of Skill Group expenses re-enabling the Improve Skill Groups button, and undo of Skills re-enabling the Improve Skill button, but not undo of Skill re-enabling the Improve Skill Group button. Should have this fixed in the next update. wobble.gif
Tashiro
QUOTE (Nebular @ Feb 13 2012, 11:41 PM) *
Is Infiltration the only Skill in the Stealth Group that the character has (had) points in? I thought I had fixed undoing the last point in the last Skill in a Group would re-enable the Group's button but it doesn't look like that's the case (I could have intended to do it and never actually did... nyahnyah.gif). You can get around this for now by editing the save file (create a backup first just in case! wink.gif). Search for "<name>Stealth</name>". It should be right after a <skillgroup> tag. Change "<broken>True</broken>" to "<broken>False</broken>". Save the file and re-open in Chummer.

Edit: Oh, I see what I did. I fixed the undo of Skill Group expenses re-enabling the Improve Skill Groups button, and undo of Skills re-enabling the Improve Skill button, but not undo of Skill re-enabling the Improve Skill Group button. Should have this fixed in the next update. wobble.gif

Aha! Glad to be of service. Also, a friend of mine updated Chummer, but is getting an error involving 'primary language' or something, which is preventing Chummer from even starting up. She deleted it, and I gave her a new version of Chummer to use, and it still isn't working.
Hellfire
Also one small issue that I have just noticed:
False front bioware (with or without mimic option) should add its rating to the disguise skill, however only 1 is ever added to the skill, no matter what rating you have selected.
Nebular
QUOTE (Tashiro @ Feb 14 2012, 12:05 AM) *
Aha! Glad to be of service. Also, a friend of mine updated Chummer, but is getting an error involving 'primary language' or something, which is preventing Chummer from even starting up. She deleted it, and I gave her a new version of Chummer to use, and it still isn't working.

I had this problem a few days ago when my site was having a few issues (not sure if it was something going on at the hosting site or what was going on). The easiest way to fix it is to download the entire zip file (link is in my signature) and overwrite everything in your Chummer directory. Things like settings, saves, and custom data won't be overwritten. I have no idea what caused it, but hopefully it's not a regular occurrence. nyahnyah.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (Hellfire @ Feb 14 2012, 09:48 AM) *
Also one small issue that I have just noticed:
False front bioware (with or without mimic option) should add its rating to the disguise skill, however only 1 is ever added to the skill, no matter what rating you have selected.

Bioware file has been updated to correct this.
Chinane
As far as I understood the rules, MA Maneuvers cost 2 BP/4 Karma. Chummer correctly allows only 2 maneuvers per style, but incorrectly gives them for free.
Nebular
QUOTE (Chinane @ Feb 15 2012, 03:29 PM) *
As far as I understood the rules, MA Maneuvers cost 2 BP/4 Karma. Chummer correctly allows only 2 maneuvers per style, but incorrectly gives them for free.

This is calculating correctly. Martial Arts show up in the Positive Qualities BP total. Their Maneuvers (because they don't count towards your Positive Quality BP limit) appear at the very bottom of the Build Point Summary tab as M.A. Maneuvers. The BP remaining on the character is also being updated correctly.
Chinane
QUOTE (Nebular @ Feb 15 2012, 10:37 PM) *
This is calculating correctly. Martial Arts show up in the Positive Qualities BP total. Their Maneuvers (because they don't count towards your Positive Quality BP limit) appear at the very bottom of the Build Point Summary tab as M.A. Maneuvers. The BP remaining on the character is also being updated correctly.

Sorry, completely overlooked that, despite trying to keep an eye on the whole tab. Duh.
ShadowWalker
I had a suggestion for AIs, I know they are a pain.
When adding software all software gets treated as if it's an Inherent Program.
Could you add a check box that only shows up for AIs that allows you to say it's an Inherent Program or not. x Is Inherent Program or something similar.
This way if it's an inherent program then it comes with just Ergonomic and Optimization. If it's not checked then it comes with built in Copy Protection and Registration.

Also I thought there was a button or menu item that let you move items from Gear/Weapons/Armor to Vehicles and back again.
I can't seem to move stuff to and from a Manservant. Being that it has arms and legs it would be nice if it had the ability to carry things.
Hellfire
Could you perhaps add the new mentor spirit: "The King" (Elvis) to the datafiles it is from Artifacts Unbound page 71:

"NEW MENTOR SPIRIT: THE KING
The King is a performer, a showman. His followers love an audience, love being on stage, and dislike working in secret because they crave attention. Followers are almost always musicians and dancers, and are always members of the First Church of Elvis. They have had simple cosmetic surgery to look and sound like Elvis Presley, and they always dress like their King.
Advantages: +1 dice for Illusion spells, +1 dice for Health spells, +1 dice for Performance Tests.
Disadvantages : –1 dice to Combat spells, –10 percent to all income (they always tithe 10 percent to their local church)."

many thanks smile.gif
Hellfire
sorry double post
ChatNoir
Hi, I was checking the "re-apply improvement" fonction and I had some questions. What is it trying to fix ?

I had problems on some characters :
First character, a mage in career mode. Chummer bugs after entering the mentor spirit
[ Spoiler ]

On the second, a hacker/face also in career mode it bugs immediatly
[ Spoiler ]

On create mode ones, I didn't see bugs but no real differences at first sight (BP, essence, nuyen). So if it's not supposed to be used on career mode character, it would be better not to have the option. ^^
Nebular
QUOTE (ChatNoir @ Feb 16 2012, 11:35 AM) *
Hi, I was checking the "re-apply improvement" fonction and I had some questions. What is it trying to fix ?

First character, a mage in career mode. Chummer bugs after entering the mentor spirit

On the second, a hacker/face also in career mode it bugs immediatly

On create mode ones, I didn't see bugs but no real differences at first sight (BP, essence, nuyen). So if it's not supposed to be used on career mode character, it would be better not to have the option. ^^

Could you email me those two save files that throw errors so I can see what's going on? (nebular@shaw.ca)

Re-apply Improvements attempts to go through each Quality, Cyberware/Bioware, Armor, Gear, etc. on the character, tries to find the item in the data files, then update the Improvement information for them in case new Improvements have been added to the data file after the item was added to your character, letting them gain the benefits of it without having to remove and re-add it. This is only useful if your character is out-of-date; it has zero impact on characters you've just started creating with up-to-date files. Most of the time you won't notice any differences because things haven't changed or because they're fairly minor.
Nebular
QUOTE (Hellfire @ Feb 16 2012, 05:55 AM) *
Could you perhaps add the new mentor spirit: "The King" (Elvis) to the datafiles it is from Artifacts Unbound page 71:

"NEW MENTOR SPIRIT: THE KING
The King is a performer, a showman. His followers love an audience, love being on stage, and dislike working in secret because they crave attention. Followers are almost always musicians and dancers, and are always members of the First Church of Elvis. They have had simple cosmetic surgery to look and sound like Elvis Presley, and they always dress like their King.
Advantages: +1 dice for Illusion spells, +1 dice for Health spells, +1 dice for Performance Tests.
Disadvantages : –1 dice to Combat spells, –10 percent to all income (they always tithe 10 percent to their local church)."

many thanks smile.gif

Bwahaha! That's awesome! I'll have this in the next update (need to add support for something improving multiple Spell Categories - it's currently limited to 1 apparently nyahnyah.gif).
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Feb 15 2012, 05:45 PM) *
I had a suggestion for AIs, I know they are a pain.
When adding software all software gets treated as if it's an Inherent Program.
Could you add a check box that only shows up for AIs that allows you to say it's an Inherent Program or not. x Is Inherent Program or something similar.
This way if it's an inherent program then it comes with just Ergonomic and Optimization. If it's not checked then it comes with built in Copy Protection and Registration.

Also I thought there was a button or menu item that let you move items from Gear/Weapons/Armor to Vehicles and back again.
I can't seem to move stuff to and from a Manservant. Being that it has arms and legs it would be nice if it had the ability to carry things.

There a button to move Gear and Weapons to a Vehicle on the Gear and Weapons tab respectively, but only in Career Mode. It should be a button that has a blue car with an arrow. For Gear it's on the same line as Qty at the very end. For Weapons it's on the same line as Source. Gear and Weapons can also be moved from a Vehicle on the Vehicles tab, also only in Career Mode.

I'll take a look at the Inherent Program thing.
Nebular
Build 317
  • Improvements can now contain multiple <spellcategory /> tags
  • added support for Bolt Holes and Safehouses from the new Safehouses sourcebook
  • Advanced Lifestyle window now filters Qualities based on the selected sourcebooks
  • fixed an issue where selecting an Underbarrel Weapon that had no Accessories or Modifications in Career Mode would throw an error
  • fixed an issue where undoing the Karma Expense for increasing an Active Skill would not re-enable the Skill Group control when appropriate
  • Select Gear window now shows a checkbox for Inherent Program for selected software for Metasapients that can select Inherent Programs
New Strings
  • Menu_BoltHole
  • Menu_Safehouse
  • Label_SelectLifestyle_CostPerWeek
  • Label_SelectGear_InherentProgram
Batrachian
Hi,

Is there any reason that the Modular Plug-In Category is hidden?

When I opended the XML -> <category show="false">Modular Plug-In</category>

But I see no reason this is hidden or is it activated otherwise?

*waves*

An other feature request is:
I am not sure how complicated it is, but is it possible, to move items in the gear tab using drag and drop, to put it into an other Item as a pluging.

For an Example:
Comlink 1
- ComlinkItem 1
- ComlinkItem 2
- ComlinkItem 3
- ComlinkItem 4

Item 1

Now I drag "Item 1" into "Comlink 1" which will result in:
Comlink 1
- Item 1
- ComlinkItem 1

An other request: Copy and Paste in the Gear and Cyberware Tab.
For an example: I created a comlink, with some modifications an associated programs, now it would be cool, if I could be able to copy it and add it multiple times. Currently I have to save it edit the xml and reopen it, or search for the same items again and again smile.gif

*waves*
deurk
Noticed a couple things:
- Message_SpellRestricted has a typo in it
- Message_IllusionSpellRequirement2 appear twice
Nebular
QUOTE (deurk @ Feb 17 2012, 07:21 AM) *
Noticed a couple things:
- Message_SpellRestricted has a typo in it
- Message_IllusionSpellRequirement2 appear twice

Whoops! English file has been updated to correct 'em. Thanks. smile.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (Batrachian @ Feb 17 2012, 02:25 AM) *
Hi,

Is there any reason that the Modular Plug-In Category is hidden?

When I opended the XML -> <category show="false">Modular Plug-In</category>

But I see no reason this is hidden or is it activated otherwise?

*waves*

An other feature request is:
I am not sure how complicated it is, but is it possible, to move items in the gear tab using drag and drop, to put it into an other Item as a pluging.

For an Example:
Comlink 1
- ComlinkItem 1
- ComlinkItem 2
- ComlinkItem 3
- ComlinkItem 4

Item 1

Now I drag "Item 1" into "Comlink 1" which will result in:
Comlink 1
- Item 1
- ComlinkItem 1

An other request: Copy and Paste in the Gear and Cyberware Tab.
For an example: I created a comlink, with some modifications an associated programs, now it would be cool, if I could be able to copy it and add it multiple times. Currently I have to save it edit the xml and reopen it, or search for the same items again and again smile.gif

*waves*

The Modular Plug-In category is hidden because they can only be added to Cyberware that has Modular Adaptation or Modular Cyberlimb. Once the limb has one of these, the Modular Plug-In category becomes visible for that limb.

The drag-and-drop for plugins is complicated. Currently, drag-and-drop changes the order of things in the list. Where you drop something is where it should be placed in the order of things. It would have no way of knowing if where you drop something should be its new order of it the item it has been dropped in should become its parent. There would need to be a toggle button to change between the change order and change parent behaviour.

I'll take a look at copy/paste. It would be fairly restrictive - if you copy Gear, it can only be pasted in Gear as well. You wouldn't be able to copy Gear and paste it on the Armor tab for example. I'll add it to the list.
Batrachian
Ah.... thanks for the hint regarding the cyberlimbs smile.gif

For the copy/paste, thats exactly what i had in mind. smile.gif

The Drag and Drop, when I played a bit around with the current settings I realized the following:

item1
item2
- sub 1
- sub 2
item 3
item 4

- When I drag "item 4" over "item 2", item 4 is placed prior item 2 (so 1-4-2-3)
- When I drag "item 4" over "sub 1", item 4 is placed the first item in the list, so the listing is ( 4 - 1 - 2 - 3) (also there is no highlightning over any "subs")

So one option would be, if an Item has "subs" and you drop an item over a sub, the item will become a sub of this item. (just make sure the Item does not become a sub of itself smile.gif )

so the second drop will result in:
item 1
item 2
- item 4
- sub 1
- sub 2
item 3

I am not sure if your framework can Identify this state (I am currently working with MfC (*puke*), so currently everything is possible, but also everything is quite complicated.)

Anyway these are just suggestions, low prio, just something which have come into my mind, playing with your fantastic tool smile.gif

*waves*
Nebular
QUOTE (ChatNoir @ Feb 16 2012, 11:35 AM) *

I finally found one of my saves where this occurs! I'll have this fixed in the next update.
ChatNoir
Should I send you my files anyway or your good ?
Nebular
QUOTE (ChatNoir @ Feb 17 2012, 10:55 AM) *
Should I send you my files anyway or your good ?

Send them just to be safe. wink.gif There's always the chance that they'll still trigger something that mine didn't catch.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Feb 17 2012, 09:00 AM) *
The Modular Plug-In category is hidden because they can only be added to Cyberware that has Modular Adaptation or Modular Cyberlimb. Once the limb has one of these, the Modular Plug-In category becomes visible for that limb.

The drag-and-drop for plugins is complicated. Currently, drag-and-drop changes the order of things in the list. Where you drop something is where it should be placed in the order of things. It would have no way of knowing if where you drop something should be its new order of it the item it has been dropped in should become its parent. There would need to be a toggle button to change between the change order and change parent behaviour.

I'll take a look at copy/paste. It would be fairly restrictive - if you copy Gear, it can only be pasted in Gear as well. You wouldn't be able to copy Gear and paste it on the Armor tab for example. I'll add it to the list.

My suggestion for the drag and drop is to hold down the ctrl key while doing the drag and drop and have that allow for moving items from one parent to another or out of a parent to a location or base gear tree.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Feb 17 2012, 11:24 AM) *
I finally found one of my saves where this occurs! I'll have this fixed in the next update.

I just tried using this feature and with the Negative Quality, Wanted it asked for me to enter a value. When it did nothing changed with the Quality.
It should have shown, Wanted (value), in the quality list, but instead it just showed Wanted.
If I try to run the Re-Apply Improvements it keeps asking for the Value for Wanted, but does nothing with what is entered.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Feb 16 2012, 03:00 PM) *
There a button to move Gear and Weapons to a Vehicle on the Gear and Weapons tab respectively, but only in Career Mode. It should be a button that has a blue car with an arrow. For Gear it's on the same line as Qty at the very end. For Weapons it's on the same line as Source. Gear and Weapons can also be moved from a Vehicle on the Vehicles tab, also only in Career Mode.

I'll take a look at the Inherent Program thing.

That would explain why. The character is still in create mode.
ShadowWalker
Is there a way to edit Improvements on the Improvements tab?
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Feb 17 2012, 01:30 PM) *
Is there a way to edit Improvements on the Improvements tab?

At the moment, no. It's something that's been on my list since they were implemented though. I'm hoping to work on it this weekend if I get some time for it. biggrin.gif
Chinane
I hope this has not been discussed to death yet:

Mystic adepts can only buy powers up to the magic level they reserved for power points. However, the rules say this:

"For all other purposes, including the determination of the maximum level for adept powers,
the character’s full Magic attribute is used."

Unfortunately there's no workaround i can see th make chummer conform to the RAW, power levels are lowered when changing the split.
ShadowWalker
- Skill Groups now show their tooltips when disabled

This appears to not be working.
Or at least it's not working for me, disabled skill groups don't give any tooltips.
Disabled Skills don't give tooltips either. The pool entry for disabled skills give tooltips but the skill name doesn't.
ShadowWalker
The Street Cred, Notoriety and Public Awareness on the Character Info Tab could use some tooltips showing how the values were generated.
Nebular
QUOTE (Chinane @ Feb 17 2012, 06:52 PM) *
I hope this has not been discussed to death yet:

Mystic adepts can only buy powers up to the magic level they reserved for power points. However, the rules say this:

"For all other purposes, including the determination of the maximum level for adept powers,
the character’s full Magic attribute is used."

Unfortunately there's no workaround i can see th make chummer conform to the RAW, power levels are lowered when changing the split.

Mystic Adepts was discussed to death quite some time ago (though maximum Power level may have been missed out in the discussion as the primary focus was Skills and Spirits from what I recall). That does not, however, prevent what's in Chummer from being wrong. I'll have this corrected in the next update. smile.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Feb 17 2012, 09:49 PM) *
The Street Cred, Notoriety and Public Awareness on the Character Info Tab could use some tooltips showing how the values were generated.

They already have 'em. The Street Cred, Notoriety, and Public Aware labels all have tooltips that show the formula. The labels after the number boxes (the ones that show + X = Y) have tooltips that show the exact numbers being used. These won't show if everything for that attribute is 0 since there's nothing to really show yet.
Method
First: Let me just say, Nebular, that Chummer is sheer awesomeness. Hands down the best character generator ever conceived for SR.

--------------------------------

Now then: I noted a few very minor things during my last build that I wanted to point out. It would not surprise me if some of these things have been previously addressed:

-- When buying spare clips a "Quantity" field would be most useful
-- Also, skin link would be a useful "Firearm Accessory"
-- I love that you can add PACKs but its a pain in the ass to drop one- unless there is an easier way, you have to find and delete each component. I like that you can buy a PACKs package and then break it up to keep what you want, but having an easy way to drop the whole package would be nice.

-----------------------------------

And just as an aside: when can we expect this for Mac OSX? wink.gif I know its built on the .Net framework, but is there any way to port it?
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Feb 18 2012, 08:35 AM) *
They already have 'em. The Street Cred, Notoriety, and Public Aware labels all have tooltips that show the formula. The labels after the number boxes (the ones that show + X = Y) have tooltips that show the exact numbers being used. These won't show if everything for that attribute is 0 since there's nothing to really show yet.

Strange I'm not getting anything showing up for tooltips.
And the character has values higher than 0 for each of them.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Feb 17 2012, 08:17 PM) *
- Skill Groups now show their tooltips when disabled

This appears to not be working.
Or at least it's not working for me, disabled skill groups don't give any tooltips.
Disabled Skills don't give tooltips either. The pool entry for disabled skills give tooltips but the skill name doesn't.

I noticed that for a non technomancer the Tasking group has it's tooltips, but for skill groups that are broken by having individual skills they aren't working.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Method @ Feb 18 2012, 09:55 AM) *
First: Let me just say, Nebular, that Chummer is sheer awesomeness. Hands down the best character generator ever conceived for SR.

--------------------------------

Now then: I noted a few very minor things during my last build that I wanted to point out. It would not surprise me if some of these things have been previously addressed:

-- When buying spare clips a "Quantity" field would be most useful
-- Also, skin link would be a useful "Firearm Accessory"
-- I love that you can add PACKs but its a pain in the ass to drop one- unless there is an easier way, you have to find and delete each component. I like that you can buy a PACKs package and then break it up to keep what you want, but having an easy way to drop the whole package would be nice.

-----------------------------------

And just as an aside: when can we expect this for Mac OSX? wink.gif I know its built on the .Net framework, but is there any way to port it?

There is a version of .net that works on the mac. and if I remember correctly there is an updated version that you can compile yourself to get it to include the things that Chummer uses from /net 4.
ChatNoir
Just a message in the news thread about the "replacement" bioware (limbs, organs and stuff), you said that you'll look into it. It's just a reminder so it's not forgotten. smile.gif
Bobby
QUOTE (Nebular @ Feb 18 2012, 01:35 PM) *

Not working for me either I'm afraid, i'm getting the values but no tooltips. This is with a fairly old character, in English.
ShadowWalker
Within the Armor data file the mods have a category.
Is there a list somewhere of what those categories are?
I see the <categories> are listed for the armor category entry, but I don't see anything for a list of the mod categories.
I'm sure I can create a list based on the data already entered.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012