Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chummer Character Generator
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
Saytr
Theoretically yes the new windows 8 tablets act just lime the desktops now
All4BigGuns
QUOTE (Saytr @ Jan 7 2013, 10:42 PM) *
Theoretically yes the new windows 8 tablets act just lime the desktops now

I know the Android tablets are pretty expensive, but I haven't looked at the Windows 8 ones. Are they any cheaper, and do they require a "service plan" like the Android ones do?
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jan 7 2013, 07:59 PM) *
At the moment I don't have any plans to create something for Windows 8 RT or any other device. The source code for build 420 is freely available from http://code.google.com/p/chummer/ if you want to poke around in it though and give it a try. smile.gif

When I look at the supplied link / site, I find XSD and executable package. You are not publishing the c#?
Nebular
QUOTE (All4BigGuns @ Jan 7 2013, 11:06 PM) *
If someone has a tablet that runs Windows 8, wouldn't the tablet just be able to run the one that currently exists?

It depends on the tablet. A lot of tablets will only run Windows 8 RT which limits you to only "Metro" style applications; they won't run standard desktop apps. From what I have read, people have found a way around this limitation but I don't know any of the details.
Nebular
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Jan 8 2013, 03:09 AM) *
When I look at the supplied link / site, I find XSD and executable package. You are not publishing the c#?

Whoops, apparently the source tab was hidden. It should be there now and has the information you need to connect to the code repository and download it. You'll need a Subversion client like Tortoise SVN to download it, or you can just past the URL into your browser and manually download all of the files, but that would probably be a real pain in the butt. wink.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Dec 17 2012, 12:40 AM) *
Came across a minor glitch when making a runner. He had a skill group at its max rating of 4 during creation, but after saving the sheet into career mode and adding karma I was unable to increase that skill group (had well more than enough). Closing and re-loading the sheet resolved this, but could prove a little frustrating for others trying to create runners that get a GM approved boost of karma after creation.

I've tried a few times now and can't seem to reproduce this. Does this happen only with a particular Skill Group?
SpellBinder
I'll have to check. At the moment I think I might be surprised if I can remember which character file I was working with at the time.

Added: Okay, tested two character files, one with Electronics & Mechanic and another with Influence, all at a rating of 4. In both cases, switching over to career mode brought them up with those skill groups unable to be improved, while any other skill group with a lesser rating could be.

Added 2: Quick made another character with nearly all skill groups at a rating of 4, including two custom skill groups I have added for technomancer versions of Cracking and Electronics, with only Mechanic at a 0. All of the skill groups, save Mechanic, were disabled for improvement immediately after switching into career mode.
TypeRyder
Many thanks for this really nice piece of software - seems to work very nice!

I have noticed that when I choose the Option "Use alternate complex forms cost" he doesn't calculate with my resonance rating. In my current example I have a Resoncance Rating of 5, in the Dice Pool View he uses a Rating of 1 (after using the Option mentioned) so I see the following dice pool calculation (example with analyze): Drop down field "Computer" + 1.

I assume that the "1" should be my resonance rating but it seems that he uses another rating (may be Magic) instead for the calculation?

I think that the option refers to the optional rule where you can buy complex forms like spells for 5 Karma and can use them up to a maximum of Resonance (or up to a maximum of resonance x2 with threading) and have to check for fading.

It would be nice if that could get fixed (or if someone tell me where I'm wrong) - thank you smile.gif

Edit (didn't want to do a new post):
I tried to add a linked sprite but didn't find that option - have I missed it or could you add this? That would be great smile.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (TypeRyder @ Jan 9 2013, 04:54 PM) *
Many thanks for this really nice piece of software - seems to work very nice!

I have noticed that when I choose the Option "Use alternate complex forms cost" he doesn't calculate with my resonance rating. In my current example I have a Resoncance Rating of 5, in the Dice Pool View he uses a Rating of 1 (after using the Option mentioned) so I see the following dice pool calculation (example with analyze): Drop down field "Computer" + 1.

I assume that the "1" should be my resonance rating but it seems that he uses another rating (may be Magic) instead for the calculation?

I think that the option refers to the optional rule where you can buy complex forms like spells for 5 Karma and can use them up to a maximum of Resonance (or up to a maximum of resonance x2 with threading) and have to check for fading.

It would be nice if that could get fixed (or if someone tell me where I'm wrong) - thank you smile.gif

Edit (didn't want to do a new post):
I tried to add a linked sprite but didn't find that option - have I missed it or could you add this? That would be great smile.gif

I'll add a numeric field to select the Complex Form's Rating when the optional rule is turned on which should update the Dice Pool appropriately.

Linking is just a Karma expenditure from what I can see. You can do this by going to the Karma and Nuyen tab and creating a new Karma Expense of the necessary amount.
Nebular
Build 439
  • Cyberware attached to the character can now have plugins attached to plugins (recursive to any number)
  • Cyberware now supports items that both grant and consume capacity (X/[Y])
  • Commlinks on the Gear tab can now be marked as being the character's Active Commlink which automatically updates Matrix Initiative to use the proper Response
  • Program Packages and Software Suites can now be Hacked
  • added support for deleting Custom PACKS Kits through the Add PACKS Kits window
  • fixed an issue where Commlinks that came with plugins would create multiple copies of them when purchased
  • items in Custom PACKS Kits no longer include all of their default plugins and instead only add the plugins that were attached to them when the Kit was saved
  • added a "Generic Mod" Vehicle Mod to allow one-off Mods for Vehicles (typically Drones) more easily
  • fixed an issue where Gear with a <selecttext /> Improvement would not prompt for a value when added to a Vehicle
  • undoing a Nuyen Expense for a piece of Cyberware now removes any Weapons that the Cyberware created
  • added an Essence Consumption section to the Cyberware and Bioware tab that show the character's total values for Cyberware, Bioware, and Essence Hole deductions
  • added an option to control the number of decimal places that Essence is rounded to (2 by default)
  • a Complex Form's Rating can now be selected when in Career Mode with the Use alternate Complex Form cost optional rule turned on to see what the Dice Pool would be for the desired Rating
New Strings
  • Label_EssenceConsumption
  • Label_Cyberware
  • Label_Bioware
  • Label_EssenceHole
  • Label_Options_EssenceDecimals
Machine Ghost
Welcome back [closer to] the land of health.

I do not know if it was the program or data file updates, but this version also fixed the problem I as having adding spells in create mode
TypeRyder
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jan 10 2013, 03:43 AM) *
I'll add a numeric field to select the Complex Form's Rating when the optional rule is turned on which should update the Dice Pool appropriately.

Linking is just a Karma expenditure from what I can see. You can do this by going to the Karma and Nuyen tab and creating a new Karma Expense of the necessary amount.

Perfect - many thanks!
You are right with the linking - I note linkings there, should be sufficient for bookkeeping.
ShadowWalker
Would it be possible to add a new category to gear called Homunculi, and add the ones on page 87 of SM. Specifically for the manufacture costs of rating times an amount.
example: Plasteel Homunculus has a cost of rating times 2500¥ to make.
SpellBinder
I do not believe the skill modifiers are being calculated completely correctly. For example, working on a soon-to-be vampire character, I gave her the Trustworthy (Skill Group) quality, and before adding any levels to Influence (so, Influence 0) noticed that with a Charisma of 4 she had a DP of 4 in that skill group. The mouseover does say "Rating Modifiers (0 of 1)", but that 1 is still getting added here.

I have checked with the adept power Improved Ability, and noticed that in testing with this character, with Trustworthy (Skill Group), Magic 3, Improved Ability (Con) 3, Con 0, and Charisma 4, Chummer says she has a DP of 7 in Con. As soon as the skill is upped to Con 1, the DP does calculate correctly.

Added: Stumbled on this one. Arsenal, page 59, Radiation sensors do not have a rating, though Chummer allows one up to 4.
TypeRyder
I'm currently trying to get my actual Character over to Chummer for bookkeeping etc. and have asked myself:
How could I manage different bank accounts?
How have other people solved that problem? It would be nice to divide the total amount of nuyen into several accounts. My Character for example has an official account for each SIN and also several more for different reasons and it would be very cool if the management of different accounts would be possible with chummer - would it be possible to add this feature without too much trouble?

Edit:
Is it possible to build own modifications for Vehicles? I found a "Build your own"-function when I wanted to add an electronic gear option to a drone but got an error. Haven't seen the option after the error.
ShadowWalker
The Dumb, Simple, Average, Complex, Smart and Cutting Edge peripherals should all have their rating set to what is in the data.
It shouldn't be changeable as it currently is. Response, Signal, System and Firewall should all be set to the rating for these entries.
The Custom entry should allow for any value, for those attributes, to be put into it just like the custom commlink.

I'm going through the main book and the unwired to make a new list of peripherals to be included.

edit: Just noticed the Custom Peripheral has a typo in it's category entry.
edit 2: Smartgun System on weapons should allow for a Peripheral Plugin to be added.

On another note has Clusters been added to Chummer as per what is on page 55 of Unwired?
SpellBinder
Found a glitch in career mode, swapped Latent Awakening for Mystic Adept for a character with 5.0625 Essence, and Ended up with Magic 0 (0/0) where it should be Magic 1 (1/5). From Street Magic, page 25, in Latent Awakening, "If the character has an Essence lower than 6 (due to implants or other causes), he still starts with a Magic of 1, but his maximum Magic attribute is adjusted according to the Essence loss. If the character’s Essence is less than 1, he has lost any chance to be Awakened."
Yatokya
Hi Thanks for a great piece of software!

I'm currently using Chummer with Wine on Mac OSX and everything works great except I'm unable to add a lifestyle. I realize the error is probably due to Wine and Wine compatibility is probably not on the top of your list but if you could take a look at the issue and see if it's something that can be fixed on you end I'd appreciate it smile.gif

The error I'm receiving is as follows (Chummer build 439):

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click
Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.
If you click Quit, the application will close immediately .

Value was ether too large or too small for a Decimal.

Details:

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.OverflowException: Value was either too large or too small for a Decimal.
at System.Decimal.FCallToInt32(Decimal d)
at Chummer.Lifestyle.get_TotalMonthlyCost()
at Chummer.frmCreate.RefreshSelectedLifestyle()
at Chummer.frmCreate.treLifestyles_AfterSelect(Object sender, TreeViewEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.OnAfterSelect(TreeViewEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.TvnSelected(NMTREEVIEW* nmtv)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WmNotify(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Chummer
Assembly Version: 0.0.0.439
Win32 Version: 0.0.0.439
CodeBase: file:///Z:/Users/chris/Downloads/Chummer/Chummer.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Configuration
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:
Makki
anybody else having trouble with the "Special Attributes do not count towards 50% Karma limit during character creation" House rule?
It seems to nto work for some reason.
SpellBinder
Only when dealing with the eight primary attributes after the sum of all attributes exceeds the 50% karma limit. The specials aren't impeded, but then any of the primary eight get cut down to the minimum to bring the karma limit inline. It's like only Edge and Magic (didn't test Resonance) truly work properly.
Nebular
QUOTE (Yatokya @ Jan 16 2013, 10:41 AM) *
Hi Thanks for a great piece of software!

I'm currently using Chummer with Wine on Mac OSX and everything works great except I'm unable to add a lifestyle. I realize the error is probably due to Wine and Wine compatibility is probably not on the top of your list but if you could take a look at the issue and see if it's something that can be fixed on you end I'd appreciate it smile.gif

The error I'm receiving is as follows (Chummer build 439):

Interesting to know that you actually have it working with Wine on OSX. I had tried to get it to work with Wine on Linux with no success, though part of that could have been my failing to understand what I was actually doing. smile.gif

I think I have a fix for this. I'll have an update out very shortly that will hopefully take care of this little problem. Let me know if it either doesn't work or if you encounter any other snags using Wine. It's exciting to know that it's mostly working on a non-Windows environment. biggrin.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Jan 12 2013, 11:59 AM) *
Would it be possible to add a new category to gear called Homunculi, and add the ones on page 87 of SM. Specifically for the manufacture costs of rating times an amount.
example: Plasteel Homunculus has a cost of rating times 2500¥ to make.

I'll add the Homunculi and Wicker Man to an Inanimate Vessels category in Gear with the next update. Just finishing off some of the nasty complexities of the new Quality requirements from Way of the Samurai. smile.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Jan 13 2013, 01:42 AM) *
I do not believe the skill modifiers are being calculated completely correctly. For example, working on a soon-to-be vampire character, I gave her the Trustworthy (Skill Group) quality, and before adding any levels to Influence (so, Influence 0) noticed that with a Charisma of 4 she had a DP of 4 in that skill group. The mouseover does say "Rating Modifiers (0 of 1)", but that 1 is still getting added here.

I have checked with the adept power Improved Ability, and noticed that in testing with this character, with Trustworthy (Skill Group), Magic 3, Improved Ability (Con) 3, Con 0, and Charisma 4, Chummer says she has a DP of 7 in Con. As soon as the skill is upped to Con 1, the DP does calculate correctly.

Added: Stumbled on this one. Arsenal, page 59, Radiation sensors do not have a rating, though Chummer allows one up to 4.

Could you email me the affected save file so I can see what you're seeing and possibly what's going on? (nebular@shaw.ca)

No idea where that Rating 4 came from. I'll have it removed in the next update.
Nebular
QUOTE (TypeRyder @ Jan 13 2013, 04:45 AM) *
I'm currently trying to get my actual Character over to Chummer for bookkeeping etc. and have asked myself:
How could I manage different bank accounts?
How have other people solved that problem? It would be nice to divide the total amount of nuyen into several accounts. My Character for example has an official account for each SIN and also several more for different reasons and it would be very cool if the management of different accounts would be possible with chummer - would it be possible to add this feature without too much trouble?

Edit:
Is it possible to build own modifications for Vehicles? I found a "Build your own"-function when I wanted to add an electronic gear option to a drone but got an error. Haven't seen the option after the error.

I'll add the bank account one to my list, though I'm not sure if it's doable yet or how difficult it would be.

There's a Custom Placeholder item in Gear but nothing in the Vehicles section, largely due to the complexity of Vehicles and Vehicle Mods. Adding a custom Vehicle data file is the only way to create new Vehicles and/or Vehicle Mods.
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Jan 14 2013, 08:35 PM) *
The Dumb, Simple, Average, Complex, Smart and Cutting Edge peripherals should all have their rating set to what is in the data.
It shouldn't be changeable as it currently is. Response, Signal, System and Firewall should all be set to the rating for these entries.
The Custom entry should allow for any value, for those attributes, to be put into it just like the custom commlink.

I'm going through the main book and the unwired to make a new list of peripherals to be included.

edit: Just noticed the Custom Peripheral has a typo in it's category entry.
edit 2: Smartgun System on weapons should allow for a Peripheral Plugin to be added.

On another note has Clusters been added to Chummer as per what is on page 55 of Unwired?

I'll have the Peripherals fixed in the next update. Gear will also be updated so that Commlink Upgrade and Commlink Operating System Upgrade items can affect a Gear's System, Signal, Response, and Firewall in the same way as Commlinks.

I don't have any plans to work with Clusters right now. I'll add it to my list and might take a look at this in the future.
Nebular
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Jan 15 2013, 09:40 PM) *
Found a glitch in career mode, swapped Latent Awakening for Mystic Adept for a character with 5.0625 Essence, and Ended up with Magic 0 (0/0) where it should be Magic 1 (1/5). From Street Magic, page 25, in Latent Awakening, "If the character has an Essence lower than 6 (due to implants or other causes), he still starts with a Magic of 1, but his maximum Magic attribute is adjusted according to the Essence loss. If the character’s Essence is less than 1, he has lost any chance to be Awakened."

I'm not entirely sure how to fix this one just yet; it presents and interesting situation that I'll need to think about. smile.gif In the mean time, you can increase your MAG through Karma and then add a manual Karma Expense to refund that amount. Not an idea solution but it will work until I figure out how to address this situation.
SpellBinder
I actually had to edit the character file with Notepad because Chummer thought the natural maximum Magic was zero. Even with karma it would not have let me improve the attribute at all as the button itself was disabled (all the others were enabled).

Also, I found that during creation that character had first been given the Mystic Adept quality, but then I removed it for Latent Awakening and did not increase the Magic attribute during creation (I had chosen a tradition, and found that it came back when awakened during career mode). I think after adding implants during creation Chummer figured the character was a burnout. Haven't yet done any testing to see how this works if an awakened quality is not chosen during creation.

Added: I think I found the source with the skill rating issue I mentioned. I noticed I had the house rule "Skill Defaulting includes Modifiers" checked, though I honestly thought that this meant this had to be enabled to include the -1 modifier for actually defaulting on a skill.
Nebular
Build 441
  • fixed an issue where the default plugins that come with Cyberware (such as Image Link for Cybereyes) would not have their parent associated to them until loading a saved file, allowing their Grade to be changed
  • fixed an issue where clicking the Add & More button in the Select Cyberware window would cause plugins to be added to the last added item instead of the item originally selected
  • changed how the Select a Cyberware Suite calculates the total Nuyen and Essence costs
  • Cyberware Suites allow plugins up to any depth (recursive to any number)
  • Improvement Manager now supports forcing an item to use a specific side of the body
  • adding a Cyberware Suite now marks the character as having unsaved changes
  • Qualities can now have Essence, combined Attribute values, total Attribute value, Cyberware, Bioware, Cyberware categories, combined Skill Group values, Active Skills, and Street Cred being higher than Notoriety as prerequisites for selecting them to support the new Way of the Samurai Qualities
  • changed how the total values of Lifestyles are calculated in an attempt to avoid crashes on non-Windows computers using Wine
  • changed a number of items to use OS-independent path strings
  • Active Commlink checkbox no longer appears when a Commlink Upgrade is selected
  • Gear with Signal, Response, Firewall, and System can now be affected by Commlink Upgrade and Commlink Operating System Upgrade items to improve their Ratings
Yatokya
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jan 21 2013, 04:03 AM) *
Interesting to know that you actually have it working with Wine on OSX. I had tried to get it to work with Wine on Linux with no success, though part of that could have been my failing to understand what I was actually doing. smile.gif

I think I have a fix for this. I'll have an update out very shortly that will hopefully take care of this little problem. Let me know if it either doesn't work or if you encounter any other snags using Wine. It's exciting to know that it's mostly working on a non-Windows environment. biggrin.gif

Awesome, build 441 worked like a charm! Adding a lifestyle no longer causes an error smile.gif

Geting chummer to work in Wine wasn't all that hard, the trick seems to be to install Dotnet4.0 (winetricks -q dotnet40) instead of Mono which is usually used instead of dotnet with Wine.

Again thanks for taking your time and getting a fix in, really appreciated! I'll let you know if I stumble upon any other issues smile.gif
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Yatokya @ Jan 21 2013, 03:32 PM) *
Geting chummer to work in Wine wasn't all that hard, the trick seems to be to install Dotnet4.0 (winetricks -q dotnet40) instead of Mono which is usually used instead of dotnet with Wine.

Thanks - this is exactly what I was thinking when I read your other post, "Chummer won't work with Mono!". Now I know, and...
Mantis
The cost of the Skillsoft Clusters needs to be updated to match the reprint of Unwired. Should be as follows:
DocWagon Paramedic 44,800¥
Knight Errant Self-Defence 48,000¥
Manadyne Archmage 28,800¥
Mitsuhama Home Mechanic 48,000¥
Whiskey Noir 46,400¥

There is a typo in the Spy Toys section. The item is Universal Mirror Hodd. It should be Universal Mirror Hood.
Next issue is the number of mods that can be jammed into earbuds/headphones/etc is incorrect. At the moment it seems to work like Glasses or Contacts where the rating of the mod is irrelevant. However, the reprinted SR4A pg 333 says that each rating point of a mod takes 1 capacity. So rating 3 earbuds can hold at most 3 rating points of mods (say rating 2 hearing enhancement and rating 1 select sound filter for example.)
Is there any chance Chummer will see a Mac port? I keep getting players in my game with Macs and they just don't seem to want to trade them in for something useful like a PC nyahnyah.gif
Lastly, is there any chance you will add vehicles and gear from other adventures? Notably things like the Ford-Ares Expedition from SRM-05 Smuggler's Blues. No urgency on this one as I'd rather see bug fixes over new gear. smile.gif
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jan 20 2013, 10:39 PM) *
I'll have the Peripherals fixed in the next update. Gear will also be updated so that Commlink Upgrade and Commlink Operating System Upgrade items can affect a Gear's System, Signal, Response, and Firewall in the same way as Commlinks.

I don't have any plans to work with Clusters right now. I'll add it to my list and might take a look at this in the future.

I have a file with all the different listed Peripherals in SR4A and Unwired if you want a copy I can email it to you. Decrease your need for typing.

also,
Binoculars, both electronic and optical are supposed to have built in visual magnification.

and

Could vehicles have the active commlink checkbox added to them? You could jack in or use AR to use it as your commlink. Gotta have a car phone man...
Makki
QUOTE (Makki @ Jan 20 2013, 11:13 AM) *
anybody else having trouble with the "Special Attributes do not count towards 50% Karma limit during character creation" House rule?
It seems to nto work for some reason.

Still not resolved, sorry frown.gif

2. Can you implement the possibility to by Nexi (UW 50, 197f)? Edit: thx
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Makki @ Jan 22 2013, 03:10 PM) *
2. Can you implement the possibility to by Nexi (UW 50, 197f)?

Think this is already possible, go to the Street Gear tab -> Gear, click on the arrow on the "Add Gear" button to show the dropdown, "Add Nexus" is available.
Oracle
Great work so far! My whole group is using Chummer. love.gif

There seems to be a problem with the comparison of "notoriety" and "street cred" for the "Ronin" positive quality from "The Way of the Samurai".

My newly created character has no positive or negative qualities influencing notoriety. Street cred and notoriety show as 0 in the print preview. Both, Willpower and Intuiton are at 4. So that part of the prerequisites is fulfilled. Essence is at 2.95 from implants only. Lowering essence any further has no impact. Still, both versions of the quality do not show up in the list of allowed qualities. I haven't been able to create conditions for that specific quality to work in several cases. I tried it with a "created" character with more street cred. It did not work either.

All the other qualities from that book work just fine. So the comparison of WIL and INT does not seem to be the problem.
shanan42
Could you please add Monofilament chainsaw into the exotic melee weapon drop down. It can be used as a weapon but I can only add it as gear. SR4 335
Shortstraw
The clutch of dragons has some stuff that could be added, True drake quality on p137, and a couple of vehicles on p144 (vehicles are unbuyable so they are not particularly useful but the quality is).
Weldûn
I'm just wondering if there is going to be support for custom traditions, in a similar fashion to cyber/bioware suites.
SpellBinder
QUOTE (Weldûn @ Jan 23 2013, 08:20 AM) *
I'm just wondering if there is going to be support for custom traditions, in a similar fashion to cyber/bioware suites.
There already is, in the fashion of a custom XML file like for gear, vehicles, and other things.
creepwood
Hey.

I just stumbled upon your char generator since I was also working on one.

I'm wondering if it would be possible to add a label or something in the status row that says how much BP you spent on General attributes, so you get a quick overview of how much you spent. smile.gif
bannockburn
You can find that on the right, during character generation.
SpellBinder
And in career mode they can be individually sorted in the Karma and Nuyen tab, all starting by default with "Attribute". Mind, this is only what increases you've bought with karma since character creation.
Makki
QUOTE (Oracle @ Jan 22 2013, 06:06 PM) *
Great work so far! My whole group is using Chummer. love.gif

There seems to be a problem with the comparison of "notoriety" and "street cred" for the "Ronin" positive quality from "The Way of the Samurai".

My newly created character has no positive or negative qualities influencing notoriety. Street cred and notoriety show as 0 in the print preview. Both, Willpower and Intuiton are at 4. So that part of the prerequisites is fulfilled. Essence is at 2.95 from implants only. Lowering essence any further has no impact. Still, both versions of the quality do not show up in the list of allowed qualities. I haven't been able to create conditions for that specific quality to work in several cases. I tried it with a "created" character with more street cred. It did not work either.

Avalon2099
Any idea on how I can when using Chummer for it to use the Cyber arms statistics rather than the base Agility? Chummer wont recognize one handed Firearms being used in the right arms statistic but uses the base Agility of the character/average over all limbs instead.

Anyone know of a way around this or how to make it recognize that I am shooting with the right arm and not my natural arm?
wilcoxon
I've been using one of the spreadsheet character generators and it works pretty well (except that I keep finding bugs and fixing them and forgetting to track what I changed). I recently started looking at Chummer. In the process of moving my character from the spreadsheet over to Chummer, I've found one problem so far - Chummer does not allow breaking skill groups during character creation. Could this be added as a house rule (at least I think it's one of the GM's house rules) please?
cndblank
Great work.

I'd like to request to a second print button on the main menu.
One that you could set a default print character sheet to use with your options menu.

As a GM, I usually want to see the character in the Game Master Summary sheet format and having a dedicated button on the main menu would speed that up.
I'm sure it would be helpful to any one to have one print button to give you a choice of how to print it and another to go straight to what you usually use.

Course having the GM summary as a tab on the main menu would also be nice (having absolutely no idea how hard that would be to implement).
It would make a convenient place to view the weapons and armor of the character.

Thank you so much for creating this!
All4BigGuns
Just noticed it, but currently when pulling up the 'Options' window, the "OK" button is half obscured by the bottom of the window, and it's not possible to scroll down to fully reveal it.
SpellBinder
Might wanna link a screenshot or e-mail one to Nebular, because the Options window doesn't cut off the [OK] button for me.
All4BigGuns
Damn...something I don't know how to do. Figures...
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (All4BigGuns @ Jan 27 2013, 11:19 PM) *
Just noticed it, but currently when pulling up the 'Options' window, the "OK" button is half obscured by the bottom of the window, and it's not possible to scroll down to fully reveal it.
Possible useful details:
What OS version?
What screen resolution?
Are you adjusting fonts / sizes using the OS display controls?

My 'guess' is that you are using a low screen resolution combined with on screen elements that 'use up' some of the space. Like maybe having the taskbar set to NOT auto hide. A l ow resolution plus increased text sizes would have the same effect.

A little testing shows that it works for me at 1024 x 768, but next smaller (for narrow screen) 800 x 600 does not show OK button at all.
With wide screen, at 1280 x 720, with non-hiding task bar, the OK button is completely visible but not much room. At that resolution, setting the task bar to be small icons and 2 rows high gets the effect that you describe.

Work around options: increase screen resolution, reduce taskbar to a single row, set taskbar to autohide, move taskbar to the side of the screen instead of top/bottom.

Getting Nebular to make the options window resizable would be a more generic solution
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012