Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chummer Character Generator
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
SpellBinder
QUOTE (Tashiro @ Jun 8 2012, 06:03 PM) *
For the goop gun, I think you're supposed to put the freeze foam into the capsule rounds (heavy weapons). It makes the most amount of sense, since chemical rounds (which the freeze foam is) would use capsule rounds. For water, I have no bloody clue.

For a vehicle main gun, those would be some massively large capsules. From the weapon's description it sounds like it's designed to be able to immobilize a person in a single shot by launching an undetermined amount of freeze foam directly (and even the entry on freeze foam fails to include what the volume per does is), and it has relatively poor range compared to most of the other main guns.
Hellfire
I have a small change request:

could you please make the linked file option with a relative position of the linked file?
I regularily synchronize my chummer files from my tablet to my PC. However they are on differently named drives (F: and D: respectively). Therefore when I link a specific character file within a character (for example contact or spirit), I cannot open the linked file on the other machine as the link does not work (different drive). A relative position of the file should work fine however.
Tashiro
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Jun 8 2012, 10:24 PM) *
For a vehicle main gun, those would be some massively large capsules. From the weapon's description it sounds like it's designed to be able to immobilize a person in a single shot by launching an undetermined amount of freeze foam directly (and even the entry on freeze foam fails to include what the volume per does is), and it has relatively poor range compared to most of the other main guns.

So, then how would it be done? You would just store 25 x 50 nuyen worth of goop in the weapon itself? And how would you put in additional ammunition? The capsule rounds make the most logical sense. You fire, the capsule breaks, and the target's gooped. The freeze foam activates on contact with the air - you couldn't really store it any other way.
SpellBinder
Well, the freeze foam description itself says it begins to harden almost immediately when released and exposed to air. Guess it'd be a bit like super glue, how there's air in the bottle yet the stuff doesn't solidify until after you've squeezed it out. The ammo itself could be special shotgun like shells that discharges the foam from the weapon itself (think to Ghost In The Shell : Stand Alone Complex, episode 2, near the end when Ishikawa uses an anti-multiped tank cannon; I tried looking for images). Such charges could be an equivalent of a single canister of freeze foam, and the SMG range (a mere 150m at most) it uses are likely from a mix of the foam getting too hard and dispersed to be really effective.

It really would've been nice if quality control had been on the ball with this cannon and ammo, but with the amount of errors and omissions I've found in my collection of material lately, I'm honestly not all that shocked or surprised.
Thirty Second Artbomb
Edit: Removed previous post in light of replies. That'll teach me to post at 4 AM with no sleep. Nothing to see here, folks.
BishopMcQ
Thirty--That should be how the math works. If you take Surge I, then buy 10 points of metagenic qualities, it shows +5 in the Positive qualities which is the cost of Surge I. Appears to be working as directed.

The math for everything also works out if you lay out the numbers:
Surge I (5) + Electrosense (10) - Free Points (10) = 5
Surge I (5) - Free Points (10) = -5
SpellBinder
It's weird, but how Chummer's handling the metagenetic qualities seems to be just fine. I've made several changeling characters, and aside from tracking the qualities that can or cannot be chosen as metagenetic (hence those extra qualities in my custom files batch) it's been working fine.
McDougle
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jun 8 2012, 06:59 PM) *
From what I've seen in the Armor file and in Chummer itself, all of the Industrious items have their Fire and Chemical Protection Mods, and the Winterwear item includes its Insulation Mod.

I'll add a field to the Spirit/Sprite entry to allow a name to be entered since the current field has been somewhat re-tasked to be the Metatype (my intention was for it to always be the Metatype, but that's apparently not how it was always used wink.gif).

The helmet doesn´t have them(thats the only item I got). The text states that every single item has those plugins.

And yes... I name and post notes to EVERYTHING. rotfl.gif
SpellBinder
Don't know if it's just me here, but my first venture into creating a stacked focus is resulting in a recurring error every time I try to bind said focus to the character:
CODE
************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Chummer.frmCreate.treFoci_BeforeCheck(Object sender, TreeViewCancelEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.OnBeforeCheck(TreeViewCancelEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.TreeViewBeforeCheck(TreeNode node, TreeViewAction actionTaken)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
voydangel
For lack of knowing where else to make a few small features requests:

• I would love to see a way to move a commlink from gear into my cyberware headware commlink slot.
• It would be nice to be able to change the qty's of items that are inside a container, such as medkit supplies in a backpack, rather than having to delete and re-add the item.
• Also, being able to move stuff into and out of 'containers' would be nice as well, or being able to reorder items that are inside a container, like the way you can reorder gear that is *not* in a container.

• Would be nice to be able to still use a PACKS like service/feature after a character goes live. So that if I have a prebuilt/modded weapon, vehicle, or commlink (etc.) set up as a pack, I can buy the whole thing in one click rather than having to "rebuild" it.
• On that same note, it would also be nice to be able to be more selective as to which items get made into a pack rather than having to add all or none of the items in a category.
• Further on that note, it would be awesome to be able to create a "PACK" on the fly. that is, click "create PACK" and then create the gear pack right there in its own window, rather than having to create the whole setup first and then export it.

As an ex code monkey, I know some of these would be a bit of work, but they would be wonderful to see implemented if it's possible and there is time one of these days.
bannockburn
Hi!
Found a bug, I think: Battle Rifles count the Submachine Guns specialization to their dice pools

Also, a feature request: When adding an imaging scope to a weapon, you usually can upgrade it further with vision enhancements. Currently it is not possible to add an accessory to an acessory smile.gif
Nebular
I'll look at these when I get a chance. Unfortunately my cable has been out for the past day leaving me without my land line or internet, and Shaw is taking their sweet time to come around and fix the problem. Here's hoping I'm back up by Friday night. nyahnyah.gif
voydangel
Also, I've noticed that even after making a character 'Live' (convert to career mode), you can still edit Their knowledge skills however you want. Not the ratings mind you, but the skills themselves, via either drop down combo box selection, or typing into the fields. Is there a way to lock these down for career mode?
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Jun 8 2012, 07:13 PM) *
The Dice Pool for casting a spell is including a power focus the character has, but the tool tip is not including it.
The Resist Drain for a spell that is limited does not include the limited in the dice pool, but the tool tip includes it.

This is working correctly from what I can see in both Create and Career modes. The Dice Pool for casting a Spell only shows the Spellcasting Rating since the Power Focus is already factored into it, so showing it again in the tooltip would be misleading (it would show Spellcasting's total Rating including Power Focus Rating + Power Focus Rating). The Drain Resistance bonus for Limited Spells is also appearing correctly from what I'm seeing.
Nebular
QUOTE (voydangel @ Jun 13 2012, 12:46 PM) *
Also, I've noticed that even after making a character 'Live' (convert to career mode), you can still edit Their knowledge skills however you want. Not the ratings mind you, but the skills themselves, via either drop down combo box selection, or typing into the fields. Is there a way to lock these down for career mode?

There was a reasoning behind leaving them like this... I think... I just can't remember if that's correct and/or why. I'll think about it for the next few days and see if I remember anything. If not, I'll lock it down. smile.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (Tashiro @ Jun 4 2012, 07:32 PM) *
Vehicle Weapons: I'm having a hell of a time giving ammunition for the water gun and for the glop gun. I figured the latter would be a capsule round firing freeze foam, since it didn't accept normal freeze foam as ammunition. And I've no idea how to add water as ammunition. :\

I'll have this fixed in the next update. I'm going to add Ammo: Freeze Foam to the Ammo list so that the Glop Cannon can properly load it. I'm also going to add support for marking Weapons as not actually requiring Ammo to reload in the XML files, so the Water Cannon and things like the Stun Baton will no longer require wacky Ammo to use. Just hit the Reload button and off you go.
Nebular
QUOTE (bannockburn @ Jun 13 2012, 06:49 AM) *
Hi!
Found a bug, I think: Battle Rifles count the Submachine Guns specialization to their dice pools

Also, a feature request: When adding an imaging scope to a weapon, you usually can upgrade it further with vision enhancements. Currently it is not possible to add an accessory to an acessory

This seems to be working correctly. Battle Rifles (like Submachine Guns) use the Automatics Active Skill. If you have a Specialization in Automatics that matches the name of the selected Battle Rifle (such as L-493), then bonus will be applied to that Weapon's Dice Pool. The name needs to match the Weapon's name exactly in order to work.

The Imaging Scope will allow Vision Enhancements plugins in the next update; it's just a change to the data file but it needs the next version of the app since some of the other Weapon properties have been modified as well.
Setthoth
Hello. I seem to be having an issue with the Chummer program. I have a character with the Linguist positive quality. +2 to language rolls. Intuition at 4. English at 4 calculates to 10 correctly. Japanese at 1 calculates as 5. Japanese at 2 calculates as 7. At 3 it's 8. 4 it's 10. Beyond that it calculates normally. It does the same thing if I lower English or set any other language skill. Is there a miscalculation in the program or am I just missing some detailed rule? I didn't see anything about a limit to the Intuition attribute when I reviewed the language skill section.
SpellBinder
I think a few key words, and a rule. The Linguist quality is a skill modifier, not a dice pool bonus, therefore it adds a bonus at half (round down) the skill rating to a maximum of +2. You'll want to double check the quality entry, then read the Skill Ratings section in SR4a on page 68. It should make sense then.
voydangel
Is there a way to add an option so that your hacking, electronic warfare, cyber combat, data search and computer dice pools in the skills tab don't add your logic into the pool? Since these rolls in game are based on program rating + skill instead of Logic + Skill, it would be nice to have it just give the full skill + modifiers, that way i can add my own program rating in without having to subtract out my logic as well.

Even better than that: would it be possible to just add in a dice/skill rolling icon/link to the programs listed on your commlink (similar to the way technomancer complex forms have a calculated roll option)? That way you wouldn't have to reprogram the skills tab at all, and would instead just have to add a touch of code to the commlink display area and have it calculate program rating + skill + modifiers there. This would further allow for people to see both ways of calculating their hacking dice pools for those people who use the optional hacking dice pools from unwired.
bannockburn
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jun 15 2012, 02:57 AM) *
This seems to be working correctly. Battle Rifles (like Submachine Guns) use the Automatics Active Skill. If you have a Specialization in Automatics that matches the name of the selected Battle Rifle (such as L-493), then bonus will be applied to that Weapon's Dice Pool. The name needs to match the Weapon's name exactly in order to work.

The Imaging Scope will allow Vision Enhancements plugins in the next update; it's just a change to the data file but it needs the next version of the app since some of the other Weapon properties have been modified as well.

First off: Thanks for the update, you're awesome smile.gif

But what I mean, is that my character has a dice pool von 18 in the "Automatics" skill, which is specialized to "Submachine Guns", so it's 20, when she's using an Ingram Smartgun e.g.
Now that you've mentioned it, I've tested it again, and not only the Battle Rifle profits from the specialization, but also every other automatic.
So, if I give her an assault rifle, battle rifle, or a machine pistol, she gets 20 dice instead of the correct 18.
Hellfire
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jun 15 2012, 01:47 AM) *
There was a reasoning behind leaving them like this... I think... I just can't remember if that's correct and/or why. I'll think about it for the next few days and see if I remember anything. If not, I'll lock it down. smile.gif

There is one reason I can think of: skillsofts, if you have a particular skill which could be added as a skillsoft (for example language) you need to have a skill at level 0, to show this skill in the printed char sheet. When changing the skillsoft you need to change the name otherwise the skillrating is not shown when printing.
Hellfire
QUOTE (bannockburn @ Jun 15 2012, 10:30 AM) *
First off: Thanks for the update, you're awesome smile.gif

But what I mean, is that my character has a dice pool von 18 in the "Automatics" skill, which is specialized to "Submachine Guns", so it's 20, when she's using an Ingram Smartgun e.g.
Now that you've mentioned it, I've tested it again, and not only the Battle Rifle profits from the specialization, but also every other automatic.
So, if I give her an assault rifle, battle rifle, or a machine pistol, she gets 20 dice instead of the correct 18.

Could it be that you have forgotten your smartlink? the +2 from smartlink (if the character has it and is using a gun with smartgun system) is also added to the pool.
bannockburn
Nope, already factored in smile.gif

Edit:
Found something else while screwing around with new armour smile.gif
Chummer throws an error when clicking on the included chemical protection of the cyberpirate jacket
I don't know what you need from the error message, but let me know if you can't reproduce it, and I'll happily provide it.
voydangel
can you post a screen shot so we can see what you're seeing?
I can't reproduce this error...
SpellBinder
Well, I can post the code of the error I get when I click on it:
CODE
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Chummer.frmCreate.RefreshSelectedArmor()
at Chummer.frmCreate.treArmor_AfterSelect(Object sender, TreeViewEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.OnAfterSelect(TreeViewEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.TvnSelected(NMTREEVIEW* nmtv)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WmNotify(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
I also get the same error when I click on the included mods for the Mortimer Of London Greatcoat Line. Off hand I'm not sure why you're not getting an error, voydangel.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Setthoth @ Jun 15 2012, 12:19 AM) *
Hello. I seem to be having an issue with the Chummer program. I have a character with the Linguist positive quality. +2 to language rolls. Intuition at 4. English at 4 calculates to 10 correctly. Japanese at 1 calculates as 5. Japanese at 2 calculates as 7. At 3 it's 8. 4 it's 10. Beyond that it calculates normally. It does the same thing if I lower English or set any other language skill. Is there a miscalculation in the program or am I just missing some detailed rule? I didn't see anything about a limit to the Intuition attribute when I reviewed the language skill section.

The problem you are running in to is that the bonus from Linguist is not a Dice Pool Bonus but a Skill Rating Bonus and Skill Rating Bonus's are limited to a maximum of Skill Rating x 1.5 So in order to get the full +2 you need to have at least a rating of 4 in the skill.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jun 14 2012, 07:45 PM) *
This is working correctly from what I can see in both Create and Career modes. The Dice Pool for casting a Spell only shows the Spellcasting Rating since the Power Focus is already factored into it, so showing it again in the tooltip would be misleading (it would show Spellcasting's total Rating including Power Focus Rating + Power Focus Rating). The Drain Resistance bonus for Limited Spells is also appearing correctly from what I'm seeing.

I have a mystic adept that has a spellcasting of 3, magic attribute of 7. Three towards spell casting and four towards adept powers. The character also has a stacked rating 2 power focus and rating 3 weapon focus.
The character also has a mentor spirit, Wise Warrior.
The Lightning Bold spell is limited with a fetish requirement. The Dice Pool is showing as 10. The tooltip is showing as Spellcasting ( 8 ).
I now think what's missing from the tool tip is the Wise Warrior bonus to combat spells.

I can't reproduce the problem with the drain. So not sure what was going on. Maybe it had something to do with the spell just being added, but not sure when it was added.
bannockburn
Worked it out. Changed some settings and didn't restart smile.gif
SpellBinder
The error regarding the chem protection? Got me curious as to what you did.
bannockburn
Actually, I just restarted. But I was wrong in that it resolved the error. I had another one, that didn't appear after restart and didn't re-check and ... wagh.
Okay. Still there, me am stupid.
SpellBinder
Oh well, it was worth a shot. You never learn from success, only failure. wink.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (voydangel @ Jun 15 2012, 01:59 AM) *
Is there a way to add an option so that your hacking, electronic warfare, cyber combat, data search and computer dice pools in the skills tab don't add your logic into the pool? Since these rolls in game are based on program rating + skill instead of Logic + Skill, it would be nice to have it just give the full skill + modifiers, that way i can add my own program rating in without having to subtract out my logic as well.

Even better than that: would it be possible to just add in a dice/skill rolling icon/link to the programs listed on your commlink (similar to the way technomancer complex forms have a calculated roll option)? That way you wouldn't have to reprogram the skills tab at all, and would instead just have to add a touch of code to the commlink display area and have it calculate program rating + skill + modifiers there. This would further allow for people to see both ways of calculating their hacking dice pools for those people who use the optional hacking dice pools from unwired.

Agh, I see what's happening now. If the linked Active Skill has anything as its Specialization, the Specialization is always included. That's not how it was intended to work. smile.gif I'll have this fixed in the next update.
Nebular
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Jun 15 2012, 02:50 PM) *
Well, I can post the code of the error I get when I click on it:
CODE
at Chummer.frmCreate.RefreshSelectedArmor()
at Chummer.frmCreate.treArmor_AfterSelect(Object sender, TreeViewEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.OnAfterSelect(TreeViewEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.TvnSelected(NMTREEVIEW* nmtv)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WmNotify(Message& m)
I also get the same error when I click on the included mods for the Mortimer Of London Greatcoat Line. Off hand I'm not sure why you're not getting an error, voydangel.

Fixed in the next update.
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Jun 15 2012, 04:07 PM) *
I have a mystic adept that has a spellcasting of 3, magic attribute of 7. Three towards spell casting and four towards adept powers. The character also has a stacked rating 2 power focus and rating 3 weapon focus.
The character also has a mentor spirit, Wise Warrior.
The Lightning Bold spell is limited with a fetish requirement. The Dice Pool is showing as 10. The tooltip is showing as Spellcasting ( 8 ).
I now think what's missing from the tool tip is the Wise Warrior bonus to combat spells.

I can't reproduce the problem with the drain. So not sure what was going on. Maybe it had something to do with the spell just being added, but not sure when it was added.

The Spell Category bonus will be part of the tooltip in the next update.
Nebular
Build 393
  • modified how the Language Manager stores information to make loading and finding strings slightly faster
  • added a text field to Spirits/Sprites next to the Metatype list to allow a name to be assigned to them
  • fixed an issue where deleting newly-added Gear plugins on a Vehicle would throw an error until the character was saved and reloaded
  • changing the Bonded status of a Stacked Focus no longer throws an error
  • added support for <requireammo /> to Weapons which denotes whether or not a Weapon needs Ammo to actually be reloaded (for special exceptions like battery powered Weapons)
  • Weapon Dice Pool now only applies an Active Skill's Specialization bonus when it exactly matches the Weapon's name or category as intended
  • fixed an issue where clicking on Armor Mods that come with a piece of Armor would throw an error until the file has been saved and reloaded
  • fixed an issue where attempting to Bond a Stacked Focus that included additional text (such as from a Weapon Focus) could throw an error
SpellBinder
Looking good. And I also noticed something that might've been a result of the armor mod error, but when I went to test earlier I had noticed that the clothing armors listed zeros for their capacity. Now they're listing the right numbers.

And thanks for the quick fixes in the stacked foci. Was wanting to finish up a combat magician that has a hardliner glove that's a weapon/spellcasting focus.
voydangel
CODE
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
   at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
   at System.Convert.ToInt32(String value)
   at Chummer.frmCreate.GetAvailInt(String strAvail)
   at Chummer.frmCreate.ValidateCharacter()
   at Chummer.frmCreate.ConfirmSaveCreatedCharacter()
   at Chummer.frmCreate.SaveCharacterAs(Boolean blnEscapeAfterSave)
   at Chummer.frmCreate.mnuFileSaveAs_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)

Error while trying to convert a character build from build mode into career mode. Just thought youd like to see it for bug squishing. Also, I apologize for not knowing how to make the code window smaller and scrollable. =(
KarmaInferno
I could have sworn I mentioned it before, but oh well.

The 'Modular Plug-In Adaption' is listed as a Cyberlimb Accessory. It's not.

What it does is modify any OTHER piece of gear so it can attach to a modular cyberlimb socket. Like if you modified a baseball bat with one, you could replace your modular cyberhand with the bat.

Also, the standard Modular Plug-Ins should probably be listed as Gear, or at least have an "Installed" checkbox, since you can swap them in and out.

Actually, having an "Installed" checkbox for all implants isn't a bad idea, so you can represent bits and parts you may have obtained but not actually installed.

-k
karhig
Printed out my girlfriend's character using Chummergen today and she raised a very good point. Not sure if it's been asked before, but when printing the character sheet, would it be possible to have an option for banded shading for the rows (perhaps white and a light gray). eg.

Row one (background colour white)
Row two (background colour gray)
Row three (background colour white)
etc.

It would make the print outs much easier to read, particularly in sections such as weapons and contacts.
EpicUnknown
If you could add a way to create custom augmentations that would be great. In particular being able to select catagories, max ratings, what they bonus if anything. I want to be able to create a cultured bioware version of the cyberware Reflex Enhancers. So a UI to make that possible would be great. Without having to go into the code and program it anyway, I suck at that. And have tried. Every time there is an update it wipes it and plays merry heck with any character using the 'ware.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (karhig @ Jun 16 2012, 11:00 AM) *
Printed out my girlfriend's character using Chummergen today and she raised a very good point. Not sure if it's been asked before, but when printing the character sheet, would it be possible to have an option for banded shading for the rows (perhaps white and a light gray). eg.

Row one (background colour white)
Row two (background colour gray)
Row three (background colour white)
etc.

It would make the print outs much easier to read, particularly in sections such as weapons and contacts.

For readability to absolute best way to do shading like this is 3 rows one colour 3 rows another. The alternating rows are actually hard on the eyes over time as compared to doing it the other way.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (EpicUnknown @ Jun 16 2012, 06:02 PM) *
If you could add a way to create custom augmentations that would be great. In particular being able to select catagories, max ratings, what they bonus if anything. I want to be able to create a cultured bioware version of the cyberware Reflex Enhancers. So a UI to make that possible would be great. Without having to go into the code and program it anyway, I suck at that. And have tried. Every time there is an update it wipes it and plays merry heck with any character using the 'ware.

You can do this by creating custom files.
SpellBinder
Would be possible at any point to put in a functionality to reduce attributes other than Edge during career mode? There are various things in game that state can cause a permanent loss to particular attributes (disease, drugs, crisis of faith, optional magic loss rules, etc.).
EpicUnknown
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Jun 16 2012, 07:54 PM) *
You can do this by creating custom files.

Well yes, I am working on that. Badly I might add. I was just hoping you might be able to create a more user friendly interface for this purpose. If not, thats fine. I'll go back to trying to figure out how to code it.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (EpicUnknown @ Jun 16 2012, 09:14 PM) *
Well yes, I am working on that. Badly I might add. I was just hoping you might be able to create a more user friendly interface for this purpose. If not, thats fine. I'll go back to trying to figure out how to code it.

Since you are looking at bioware make a copy of that file, all of the categories and individual bioware items, except the one you want to modify. Give it a new name, and change the stats you want to change.
I would also suggest making a copy of the books file and remove everything and put a single entry in it for your own modifications.
Then when you make changes such as what you want to do to the bioware you can have these new items show up as part of that "book".

One thing I would like to see is something within Chummer that would create an empty file. You select the base file type you need and chummer creates an empty one, with some dummy data in it to show you what all the options are for an item within that file.
Either that, or actually have a folder off of the data folder that includes empty files with dummy data that shows each possible xml tag/entry.
EpicUnknown
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Jun 16 2012, 09:27 PM) *
Since you are looking at bioware make a copy of that file, all of the categories and individual bioware items, except the one you want to modify. Give it a new name, and change the stats you want to change.
I would also suggest making a copy of the books file and remove everything and put a single entry in it for your own modifications.
Then when you make changes such as what you want to do to the bioware you can have these new items show up as part of that "book".

One thing I would like to see is something within Chummer that would create an empty file. You select the base file type you need and chummer creates an empty one, with some dummy data in it to show you what all the options are for an item within that file.
Either that, or actually have a folder off of the data folder that includes empty files with dummy data that shows each possible xml tag/entry.

That sounds like exactly what I was asking for. I figured out my problem btw, thanks for the advice. But that sounds like it could be an awesome feature. Doesn't that already happen when you create a custom cyberware suite? It creates a xml file called custom_cyberware with the suite in it.
Hellfire
Hi Nebular,

first: thanks for the latest update! I hope you have moved in well and you are now back to a permanent internet connection. I know from own experience how frustrating a faulty internet connection can be...

one thing I have noticed which should be corrected: the powered slide mod.

currently it adds one modification slot (capacity -1), this is not how it is supposed to be. It actually should be a modification with a rating from 1-5 (as the max. capacity of modification for a weapon is 6) and the actual capacity of the modification in rating+1, so for example a rating 4 powered slide mount is a capacity 5 modification and therefore takes up a space of 5 (and not -1).

Then the powered slide mount may take up any one (and only one) modification (which is exchangeable) up to the rating in capacity, therefore the above mentioned rating 4 powered slide mount may hold one modification with 1-4 capacity.

If you want to keep it simple (codewise) just change the capacity cost from -1 to +1, and every user should be able to add some modifications to the weapon which are checked/not checked as installed.

best regards
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (EpicUnknown @ Jun 17 2012, 12:51 AM) *
That sounds like exactly what I was asking for. I figured out my problem btw, thanks for the advice. But that sounds like it could be an awesome feature. Doesn't that already happen when you create a custom cyberware suite? It creates a xml file called custom_cyberware with the suite in it.

Right now chummer doesn't do anything related to the custom or override files. You do it all yourself.
Nebular
QUOTE (voydangel @ Jun 16 2012, 02:47 AM) *
CODE
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
   at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
   at System.Convert.ToInt32(String value)
   at Chummer.frmCreate.GetAvailInt(String strAvail)
   at Chummer.frmCreate.ValidateCharacter()
   at Chummer.frmCreate.ConfirmSaveCreatedCharacter()
   at Chummer.frmCreate.SaveCharacterAs(Boolean blnEscapeAfterSave)
   at Chummer.frmCreate.mnuFileSaveAs_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)

Error while trying to convert a character build from build mode into career mode. Just thought youd like to see it for bug squishing. Also, I apologize for not knowing how to make the code window smaller and scrollable. =(

This is one of those instances where I need the save file that's causing the issue. I'm guessing it has something to do with it trying to determine the Availability of an item. Could you email me your save file (nebular@shaw.ca) and I'll take a look at it. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012