Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chummer Character Generator
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
Nebular
QUOTE (crazymykl @ Mar 2 2012, 02:27 AM) *
Would it be possible to assign certain weapons to certain limbs? It would be pretty convienient.

Also, the Adept power Penetrating Strike's AP doesn't appear on the printed sheet.

Hmm. The problem is that Weapons don't know if they're one-handed or two-handed. Let me take some time to think about how to handle this. It might just be a matter of adding a selection list on the Weapon tab when you have something selected to calculate the dice pool using Left Arm, Right Arm, or Both Arms (average of Attributes).

Penetrating Strike's AP bonus is appearing on the Unarmed Attack on the character sheet. It is not, however, being applied to Weapons that use the Unarmed Combat Active Skill (such as Hardliner Gloves). I'll have this corrected in the next update.
Nebular
QUOTE (Gwynfallan @ Mar 3 2012, 04:28 AM) *
During one of the more recent patches the Knowsofts across all my characters suddenly stopped reporting their rating in the Knowledge Skills section. The skills are now giving me both a rating and total of 0, but are showing my related attribute. Having all my knowledge skills calculated and together was terribly convenient. Is this disappearance a glitch or is it something that can be dealt with through the Improvement Manager or other such means? I've looked through the wiki and can't seem to find anything relating to this issue.

There's weird. There shouldn't be anything that would prevent them from working. I just put together a test character to try them out and they still seem to be working. The only thing that comes to mind is the character might not have his Skillwires Cyberware any more, or the Active Skill finally has a Rating higher than the Skillsoft's Rating, but if they're showing a Rating of 0 that likely isn't the case smile.gif. If you're still having an issue with it, could you email me the save file (nebular@shaw.ca), and I'll take a look and see what's up.
Nebular
QUOTE (Shortstraw @ Mar 3 2012, 05:51 AM) *
I don't suppose you would consider adding the stuff from the datahaven magazine to chummer.

To the core data files, no, as they're not from the official sourcebooks. I don't have a problem with adding them to custom data files and sharing them through Omae though. I'll dig around for 'em and see what they have.

EDIT: These are now available through Omae in the Data category as "Dumpshock Datahaven Issue 1" and "Dumpshock Datahaven Issue 2".
crazymykl
Removing and re-adding the power fixed the Penetrating Strike issue.

Pehaps having checkboxes for all the limbs a weapon (or unarmed strike) might be equipped to might be the best way to handle that?
SpellBinder
QUOTE (Nebular @ Mar 3 2012, 08:43 AM) *
Unfortunately it's more of limit to 1 or no limit situation. What I can do is add an option to remove the limit for 1 Dice Roller window. The tradeoff is that clicking on the Dice Roller button for Skills (if you have that enabled) will pop open a new Dice Roller window each time instead of reusing the open one if it exists.

Having an option to remove the limit is fine by me.

Regarding the Penetrating Strike power, I believe there's a lengthy thread in the rules section about whether or not it applies to Hardliner Gloves, and IIRC it was resolved that Hardliner Gloves count as a weapon that uses the Unarmed Combat skill and cannot benefit from the Penetrating Strike power. Further discussion on this subject should be taken over there.

Edit: Found the thread: http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?show...%20gloves\
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Mar 3 2012, 10:47 AM) *
There's weird. There shouldn't be anything that would prevent them from working. I just put together a test character to try them out and they still seem to be working. The only thing that comes to mind is the character might not have his Skillwires Cyberware any more, or the Active Skill finally has a Rating higher than the Skillsoft's Rating, but if they're showing a Rating of 0 that likely isn't the case smile.gif. If you're still having an issue with it, could you email me the save file (nebular@shaw.ca), and I'll take a look and see what's up.

The Technomancer echo Biowire doesn't seem to be allowing skillsofts, knowsofts, linguasofts to show up in the skill list.
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Mar 4 2012, 12:29 AM) *
The Technomancer echo Biowire doesn't seem to be allowing skillsofts, knowsofts, linguasofts to show up in the skill list.

Biowire seems to be working properly. The Skillsofts need to be purchased from the Gear list as normal. Activesofts don't need anything special since the character already lists all of the Active Skills. In order for Knowsofts and Linguasofts to show up properly, you still need to add the entry to the character's Knowledge Skill list (with a Rating of 0 - it needs something to actually match on). This is the same behaviour for the Skillwires Cyberware.
Nebular
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Mar 3 2012, 08:55 PM) *
Having an option to remove the limit is fine by me.

Regarding the Penetrating Strike power, I believe there's a lengthy thread in the rules section about whether or not it applies to Hardliner Gloves, and IIRC it was resolved that Hardliner Gloves count as a weapon that uses the Unarmed Combat skill and cannot benefit from the Penetrating Strike power. Further discussion on this subject should be taken over there.

Edit: Found the thread: http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?show...%20gloves\

Huh, ok. So it looks like the only things that count are attacks that come from natural unarmed attacks and from bone lacing since it modified your unarmed attacks. Well, if that's how it's supposed to work, that's how I'll do it. smile.gif
Nebular
This may be the only update for the week - my desktop PC decided that it was time for the power supply and motherboard to go last night. It'll be a few days before I get the thing back with all of its shiny new hardware (I've refused to do any hardware work for the past few years nyahnyah.gif) and then I'll have to re-install everything. What fun! My poor little laptop was never built to handle the strain of development work.

Build 330
  • fixed an issue where uploading a character to Omae would incorrectly try to truncate the character's name to the first 100 characters
  • unarmed attacks now include an Adept's Penetrating Strike AP bonus in their AP
  • fixed an issue where Weapons that used the Unarmed Combat Active Skill would not calculate their dice pool size correctly
  • fixed an issue where Armor Mods for specific pieces of Armor were not being shown in the Select Armor Mod window when appropriate
  • added an option to use a single instance of the Dice Roller window (enabled by default)
New Strings
  • Checkbox_Options_SingleDiceRoller
ChatNoir
Thanks for the Omae update and good luck with your computer. Always a mess to reinstall everything.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Mar 4 2012, 03:16 PM) *
Biowire seems to be working properly. The Skillsofts need to be purchased from the Gear list as normal. Activesofts don't need anything special since the character already lists all of the Active Skills. In order for Knowsofts and Linguasofts to show up properly, you still need to add the entry to the character's Knowledge Skill list (with a Rating of 0 - it needs something to actually match on). This is the same behaviour for the Skillwires Cyberware.

Well that explains why they were not showing up on the knowledge skills list. It's working now, thanks.
Makki
apparently Knowledge Skill Specializations are free. they should cost 2 karma/BP
Nebular
QUOTE (Makki @ Mar 7 2012, 11:08 AM) *
apparently Knowledge Skill Specializations are free. they should cost 2 karma/BP

Knowledge Skill specializations only consume BP (or Karma) if you are out of free Knowledge Skill points. If you still have free Knowledge Skill points remaining, then it uses 1 of those points instead. (according to the English SR4A book at least)
Makki
QUOTE (Nebular @ Mar 7 2012, 07:16 PM) *
Knowledge Skill specializations only consume BP (or Karma) if you are out of free Knowledge Skill points. If you still have free Knowledge Skill points remaining, then it uses 1 of those points instead. (according to the English SR4A book at least)

well, I rechecked, and this works with BP, but not karmagen
Nebular
QUOTE (Makki @ Mar 7 2012, 11:25 AM) *
well, I rechecked, and this works with BP, but not karmagen

Neat! I'll have this fixed in the next update then. smile.gif
KarmaInferno
QUOTE (Nebular @ Mar 1 2012, 06:30 PM) *
The maximum Rating thing appears to be working correctly from what I can see. I created a test character with BOD 6 and Diving 1. Put them in Career Mode and create an Improvement for +50 Diving. It correctly caps it to 20. If a character has BOD 6 and Diving 6, Diving's maximum Rating should be 24. If they have BOD 6 and Diving 1, their maximum Rating should be 20. I can't think of any reason why it would allow them to go over if the rule is turned on. Could you email me your save file (nebular@shaw.ca) if you're still having issues with this?

Seems I cannot replicate the issue. I suppose that's a good thing. smile.gif

I did notice, however, that "Modular Plug-In" category options are not appearing for vehicle Mechanical Arms, even if the Modular Cyberlimb option is installed.

-k
CeeJay
It's been a while since I last had a look at chummer and I have to say (again): Great Work!

Just a couple of questions / remarks that came up yesterday when I tried to build a rigger:
  • Where the heck do I find the Smart Firing Platform? It's for sure not under Firearm Accessories...
  • I want to improve a vehicle's sensors. So I added for instance a better camera as a vehicle sensor plugin. (That's how it's supposed to be done, isnt it?) Than I added thermographics as a plugin for the camera and saved the character. Now after I closed the character and opened it again, I wanted to also add flare compensation to the camera but that's not possible, because after right-clicking on it, the option 'Add as Plugin' isn't shown any more.
  • I bought a Fake License and then chummer opened a new window that required additional input. I think you want to specifiy what the license is for, but the window reads 'Select an item' and offers a dropdown list containing what looks like a random list of items I've already bought...
  • Where can I buy Modular Cyberlimb plugins like the Drone Hand or a Hydraulic Press? (Edit: Ahh, okay, that's the same problem KarmaInferno mentioned in the post above)

-CJ
Gwynfallan
QUOTE (Nebular @ Mar 3 2012, 08:47 AM) *

I seem to have identified the problem I was having with skillsofts. All skillsofts (including knowsofts and linguasofts) now require Skillwires to operate, despite p330 (Skillsofts) explaining the necessary equipment for each type of skillsoft and p342 (Skillwires) only specifying activesofts (this specification is also repeated on UN 193). Am I correct in my readings or do they require Skillwires?

I was beginning to believe it might just be a corrupt file at fault, but another friend is also suffering this problem and adding Skillwires seemed to correct the problem for him as well.
Gwynfallan
The Smuggling Compartment (AR 144) has specifications for the Shielded variety. "Each type of shielding must be specified, and a compartment may be shielded more than once." It goes on to list examples of different types of shielding. Any chance you could add something that would allow us type or select these specifications?
CeeJay
According to chummer the Flying Eye drone from Spy Games comes with a Tool Kit. I can't find anything about that in Spy Games though, but maybe that's just me. When I click on the Flying Eye's tool kit, the delete button reads 'Delete weapon'. smile.gif So something's not quite right with this tool kit...
And the drone's sensor package is listed as 'minidrone sensor' although the Flying Eye is a microdrone.

-CJ
CeeJay
Toyota MK-Centipede is a microdrone, but the default sensor package listed is 'minidrone sensor'.

-CJ
Nebular
QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ Mar 8 2012, 02:05 AM) *
I did notice, however, that "Modular Plug-In" category options are not appearing for vehicle Mechanical Arms, even if the Modular Cyberlimb option is installed.
QUOTE (CeeJay @ Mar 8 2012, 03:51 AM) *
  • Where the heck do I find the Smart Firing Platform? It's for sure not under Firearm Accessories...
  • I want to improve a vehicle's sensors. So I added for instance a better camera as a vehicle sensor plugin. (That's how it's supposed to be done, isnt it?) Than I added thermographics as a plugin for the camera and saved the character. Now after I closed the character and opened it again, I wanted to also add flare compensation to the camera but that's not possible, because after right-clicking on it, the option 'Add as Plugin' isn't shown any more.
  • I bought a Fake License and then chummer opened a new window that required additional input. I think you want to specifiy what the license is for, but the window reads 'Select an item' and offers a dropdown list containing what looks like a random list of items I've already bought...
  • Where can I buy Modular Cyberlimb plugins like the Drone Hand or a Hydraulic Press? (Edit: Ahh, okay, that's the same problem KarmaInferno mentioned in the post above)
  • Vehicles will allow Modular Cyberlimb Plugins in the next update (provided they have a plugin that grants access to them)
  • Smart Firing Platform is under the Weapon Accessories. It is only available to Weapons that have can mount Accessories in the Under slot though, so it won't appear for all guns.
  • I'll have the context menu for Sensor plugins fixed in the next update.
  • The select window that appears for the Fake License lets you select from a list of Restricted Gear you have - basically things that you can acquire a Fake License for so you don't have to type out the item you're licensing. You can also type in whatever you'd like in the event there's something you want to license that isn't in the list. smile.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (Gwynfallan @ Mar 8 2012, 05:08 AM) *
The Smuggling Compartment (AR 144) has specifications for the Shielded variety. "Each type of shielding must be specified, and a compartment may be shielded more than once." It goes on to list examples of different types of shielding. Any chance you could add something that would allow us type or select these specifications?

I'll have this added in the next update.
Nebular
QUOTE (CeeJay @ Mar 8 2012, 08:18 AM) *
According to chummer the Flying Eye drone from Spy Games comes with a Tool Kit. I can't find anything about that in Spy Games though, but maybe that's just me. When I click on the Flying Eye's tool kit, the delete button reads 'Delete weapon'. smile.gif So something's not quite right with this tool kit...
And the drone's sensor package is listed as 'minidrone sensor' although the Flying Eye is a microdrone.
QUOTE (CeeJay @ Mar 8 2012, 08:26 AM) *
Toyota MK-Centipede is a microdrone, but the default sensor package listed is 'minidrone sensor'.
  • No idea what I was doing adding a Tool Kit to the Flying Eye. Its Sensor package, however, is correct. The Drone comes with the Improved Sensor Array Mod which increases its Sensor from a Microdrone Sensor to the next size up (Minidrone Sensor).
  • Must have been a copy/paste error. Vehicle file has been updated to correct these items.
Nebular
QUOTE (Gwynfallan @ Mar 8 2012, 04:57 AM) *
I seem to have identified the problem I was having with skillsofts. All skillsofts (including knowsofts and linguasofts) now require Skillwires to operate, despite p330 (Skillsofts) explaining the necessary equipment for each type of skillsoft and p342 (Skillwires) only specifying activesofts (this specification is also repeated on UN 193). Am I correct in my readings or do they require Skillwires?

I was beginning to believe it might just be a corrupt file at fault, but another friend is also suffering this problem and adding Skillwires seemed to correct the problem for him as well.

You're correct. I'll have this corrected in the next update. You'll need to either re-add the Sim Module or Datajack to the character, or select Re-Apply Improvements from the Special menu once the next update is available to pick up the change.
Nebular
Yay! Overhauled machine is back up and running! biggrin.gif

Build 332
  • added support for <skillsoftaccess /> to the Improvement Manager which grants the character the ability to use Knowsofts and Linguasofts
  • Knowsofts and Linguasofts now correctly require Datajacks, Sim Modules, or any item that grants <skillsoftaccess /> to be used (no longer limited to only Skillwire)
  • all Gear can now be marked as Equipped
  • Armor Bundles now show a list of the currently equipped items they contain when selected
  • Knowledge Skill Specializations now correctly consume Karma when build a character with Karma in Create Mode
  • all controls in the Dice Roller window now reposition themselves based on string lengths
  • Modular Cyberlimb Plugins can now be added to Vehicle Mods if they have the a plugin that grants access to them
  • Vehicle Mods can now use <selecttext /> in their bonus information
  • fixed an issue where the context menu for Vehicle Sensor Plugins would not appear when loading a saved file
  • fixed an issue where a category could appear twice in the Gear category list when adding a plugin
  • added the ability to search for Adept Powers in the Select Adept Power window
KarmaInferno
Yay!

One error that pops up - if I add a modular plug in, like a grapple hand, it throws an error if I try to display the character sheet.

-k
crazymykl
Perhaps characters uploaded to Omae could be gzip'd (or other such compression). Several of my characters are over the 250k limit, but XML compresses very well (by about a factor of 10). This would also reduce bandwidth and storage requirements for Omae.

And the new custom sources could likely benefit as well...

Edit: .chum seems to compress about 93% on average (with gzip).
CeeJay
QUOTE (Nebular @ Mar 8 2012, 04:43 PM) *
Smart Firing Platform is under the Weapon Accessories. It is only available to Weapons that have can mount Accessories in the Under slot though, so it won't appear for all guns.

*Facepalm* Okay, you are absolutely right, of course. Somehow I allways imagined a smart firing platform as a kind of 'weapon mount without a vehicle around it'. But under RAW it really looks like you can't use a taser with the platform...

-CJ
Gwynfallan
Looks like I'm the go-to person in our group for posting known Chummer issues.

1) Why does Ammo: Arrow (SR4A 315) now have a scalable rating when none of the other ammunition (including other arrows) do? It is confusing the troll and mucking with the pricing of said items as well.
2) Reflex recorders (Bioware; SR4A 347) appear to have stopped working (ratings adding to skills and groups) as of a few updates ago.

Thank you ever so much for making Shadowrun a more user friendly game and continuing to update and revise your wonderful, wonderful program. smile.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ Mar 8 2012, 11:43 PM) *
Yay!

One error that pops up - if I add a modular plug in, like a grapple hand, it throws an error if I try to display the character sheet.

Boo!

It works if you save the file and re-load it, but I've discovered that it's because the Cyberware Weapon created by the Grapple Hand is then magically missing. nyahnyah.gif I'll have this corrected in the next update (you will need to re-add the Grapple Hand if its Weapon doesn't re-appear on the Vehicle after the next update - if you save the file after the Weapon goes missing, it's lost until it's re-added).
Nebular
QUOTE (crazymykl @ Mar 9 2012, 12:38 AM) *
Perhaps characters uploaded to Omae could be gzip'd (or other such compression). Several of my characters are over the 250k limit, but XML compresses very well (by about a factor of 10). This would also reduce bandwidth and storage requirements for Omae.

And the new custom sources could likely benefit as well...

Edit: .chum seems to compress about 93% on average (with gzip).

They actually are compressed by Chummer before they're uploaded to make file transfers much faster. Most of the files are compressed down to 15K before they're transferred. Chummer compresses the file then checks the compressed file's size to make sure it's within the 250K limit. If the file contains an image, however, they don't compress well as they're already stored in a compressed format (Base64-encoded image), so they're what's causing files to break the upload limit. Part of the limitation was imposed by the web service since it was originally designed to only work with single characters. Now that I have whole NPC packs, that cap had to be raised. I'll set to to allow for character to be up to 500 KB compressed. Any more than that and you need to pick a smaller character image. smile.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (Gwynfallan @ Mar 9 2012, 04:39 AM) *
Looks like I'm the go-to person in our group for posting known Chummer issues.

1) Why does Ammo: Arrow (SR4A 315) now have a scalable rating when none of the other ammunition (including other arrows) do? It is confusing the troll and mucking with the pricing of said items as well.
2) Reflex recorders (Bioware; SR4A 347) appear to have stopped working (ratings adding to skills and groups) as of a few updates ago.

Thank you ever so much for making Shadowrun a more user friendly game and continuing to update and revise your wonderful, wonderful program. smile.gif

This is where the inconsistency between printings of the physical and PDF copies are a real pain in the butt. The PDF version I have says they don't have Ratings. The physical copy I have says they do. I've uploaded an override file to Omae that removes Ratings from Arrows if you'd rather use that format.
Reflex Recorders seem to be working properly. If you have 0 in an Active Skill that you cannot defualt on (such as Animal Handling) and take a Reflex Recorder for Animal Handling, its total stays at 0 because the Reflex Recorder is a Rating modifier (Rating modifiers cannot exceed 1/2 of the Skill's standard Rating, so 1/2 of 0 is 0). If you put Animal Handling to 2, the modifier from the Reflex Recorder kicks in.
Tashiro
In Shadowrun 4A, arrows have a rating of 1 to 8. When using an arrow, the damage is either the lower of the bow or arrow's rating. Arrowheads can be added to it. I know this, helping my sister make her bow-pixie. The one error I saw in Chummer concerning this is that when you expend an arrow, you don't end up expending an arrowhead attached to it, too. You have to expend that manually.
Nebular
QUOTE (Tashiro @ Mar 9 2012, 09:50 AM) *
In Shadowrun 4A, arrows have a rating of 1 to 8. When using an arrow, the damage is either the lower of the bow or arrow's rating. Arrowheads can be added to it. I know this, helping my sister make her bow-pixie. The one error I saw in Chummer concerning this is that when you expend an arrow, you don't end up expending an arrowhead attached to it, too. You have to expend that manually.

*sigh* You're right, I remember this pain in the butt now. The PDF version of the book is wrong but I'm pretty sure my physical copy says they do have Ratings. I've put this back. nyahnyah.gif

You shouldn't have to expend an Arrowhead. When you buy a stack of Arrows (say 10) and attach an Arrowhead to them, the cost of that head is multiplied by the number of Arrows in the stack (effectively buying 10 of the same Arrowhead), so if it's being attached to an Arrow, you shouldn't set a quantity. With a quantity assigned to the Arrowheads, it would be saying that each arrow had multiple Arrowheads instead (it also means that if you select a Qty of 10 when buying them, the cost would be 10 x Arrowhead's Cost x 10 from the Arrows in the stack and pay 10 times more than you should).
Tashiro
QUOTE (Nebular @ Mar 9 2012, 10:58 AM) *
*sigh* You're right, I remember this pain in the butt now. The PDF version of the book is wrong but I'm pretty sure my physical copy says they do have Ratings. I've put this back. nyahnyah.gif

You shouldn't have to expend an Arrowhead. When you buy a stack of Arrows (say 10) and attach an Arrowhead to them, the cost of that head is multiplied by the number of Arrows in the stack (effectively buying 10 of the same Arrowhead), so if it's being attached to an Arrow, you shouldn't set a quantity. With a quantity assigned to the Arrowheads, it would be saying that each arrow had multiple Arrowheads instead (it also means that if you select a Qty of 10 when buying them, the cost would be 10 x Arrowhead's Cost x 10 from the Arrows in the stack and pay 10 times more than you should).

I got the information from the PDF.

Bows have minimum Strength ratings that indicate the minimum Strength a character must have to use that weapon. When attacking with a bow, a character whose Strength is less than the Strength minimum suffers a –2 dice pool modifier per point below the minimum; this penalty reflects the difficulty they have in pulling the bow and nocking an arrow. The weapon’s minimum Strength rating is also used to determine the weapon’s range and damage. Material science limits high-tech bows to a maximum Strength rating of 8. Calculate base damage using the lower value of the bow rating or the arrow rating.

I'll keep the thing on quantity in mind, thanks.
crazymykl
QUOTE (Nebular @ Mar 9 2012, 10:09 AM) *
They actually are compressed by Chummer before they're uploaded to make file transfers much faster. Most of the files are compressed down to 15K before they're transferred. Chummer compresses the file then checks the compressed file's size to make sure it's within the 250K limit. If the file contains an image, however, they don't compress well as they're already stored in a compressed format (Base64-encoded image), so they're what's causing files to break the upload limit. Part of the limitation was imposed by the web service since it was originally designed to only work with single characters. Now that I have whole NPC packs, that cap had to be raised. I'll set to to allow for character to be up to 500 KB compressed. Any more than that and you need to pick a smaller character image. smile.gif

Oh, awesome.
ShadowWalker
Could you post the "To Do" List? Like to be reminded of what's on it. smile.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Mar 9 2012, 12:44 PM) *
Could you post the "To Do" List? Like to be reminded of what's on it. smile.gif

It's pretty short:
  • Commlink/Living Persona Summary Sheet
taeksosin
I have to ask, if that's the extent of the list then is there support now for changing the BP/Karma costs of stuff then? Ie, if I want complex forms for a technomancer to cost a flat 2 karma per level (making raising from 1 to 6 cost 12 karma, instead of ratingx2 per level that I think it is now?) can I do so? Or is that a part of the much larger rewrite/megasuper todolist?

Also, I think I asked this previously, but the answer another user gave didn't quite accomplish what I wanted to do. For the sake of argument since I can't remember the numbers off the top of my head, let's say that orcs get +3 to str when created. This gives them a starting/base strength of 4 (rating 1 + 3). If I increase his strength, I pay to increase it from 4 to 5. However, what I would like to do is pay to increase it from 1 to 2, essentially ignoring the +3 for the purposes of paying for more points of strength. Is this possible? A workaround that I just thought up that might work would be to create a 0 cost piece of bio/cyberware that gives a +3 to strength, name it orkstat, then override the orc numbers so that they keep their maximums properly while starting them at 1 strength. It seems a little convoluted, so I was hoping there was an easier way to do so.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Mar 9 2012, 02:37 PM) *
It's pretty short:
  • Commlink/Living Persona Summary Sheet

I would have thought it was a lot longer.
Nebular
QUOTE (taeksosin @ Mar 9 2012, 05:06 PM) *
I have to ask, if that's the extent of the list then is there support now for changing the BP/Karma costs of stuff then? Ie, if I want complex forms for a technomancer to cost a flat 2 karma per level (making raising from 1 to 6 cost 12 karma, instead of ratingx2 per level that I think it is now?) can I do so? Or is that a part of the much larger rewrite/megasuper todolist?

Also, I think I asked this previously, but the answer another user gave didn't quite accomplish what I wanted to do. For the sake of argument since I can't remember the numbers off the top of my head, let's say that orcs get +3 to str when created. This gives them a starting/base strength of 4 (rating 1 + 3). If I increase his strength, I pay to increase it from 4 to 5. However, what I would like to do is pay to increase it from 1 to 2, essentially ignoring the +3 for the purposes of paying for more points of strength. Is this possible? A workaround that I just thought up that might work would be to create a 0 cost piece of bio/cyberware that gives a +3 to strength, name it orkstat, then override the orc numbers so that they keep their maximums properly while starting them at 1 strength. It seems a little convoluted, so I was hoping there was an easier way to do so.

I can add a house rule of the Metatype Attribute one.

You can only change the variables (multipliers) for Karma costs, not the actual formula itself. I'd need to know which ones you'd want to change and how before I can really determine if it's possible and how much work it would involve.
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Mar 9 2012, 06:04 PM) *
I would have thought it was a lot longer.

Nope. There was that and one other I added that was on the list before my machine crapped out on the weekend. Too bad the SQL database was on the same drive as my Windows partition so that was lost, but I had a copy of the outstanding bug list in a text file at the time. The one I had on there was to fix a few things that were addressed in the last update and the next one, so that left just the one. All of the other 1,100+ entries I've collected over the year have been resolved, duplicates, non-issues, solved through other means, and things that ultimately got scrapped. smile.gif
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Mar 9 2012, 08:24 PM) *
Nope. There was that and one other I added that was on the list before my machine crapped out on the weekend. Too bad the SQL database was on the same drive as my Windows partition so that was lost, but I had a copy of the outstanding bug list in a text file at the time. The one I had on there was to fix a few things that were addressed in the last update and the next one, so that left just the one. All of the other 1,100+ entries I've collected over the year have been resolved, duplicates, non-issues, solved through other means, and things that ultimately got scrapped. smile.gif

So we need to create a list of things. smile.gif mwahahaha!!!
Dakhran the Dark
Hey, just recently got back into SR, I've been using Chummer (awesome app BTW), and for the most part it's been great.

However, I recently created an Infected character, with the critter powers Essence Drain and Essence Loss, and I'm trying to puzzle out if there's a way to modify his current Essence based on recent feeds and time passed. I was hoping to be able to use the handy custom improvements tab, but it doesn't appear to allow ESS as one of the attributes which can be adjusted.

Also, is there a way to get natural weapons to display on the character sheet in the "melee weapons" tab?
Gwynfallan
Regarding arrows:
Calculate base damage using the lower value of the bow rating or the arrow rating.

Thank you very much for finding what five people with five books couldn't find in a four hour build session. *facepalm*
Tashiro
QUOTE (Gwynfallan @ Mar 10 2012, 02:56 AM) *
Regarding arrows:

Thank you very much for finding what five people with five books couldn't find in a four hour build session. *facepalm*

You're quite welcome. *bow* smile.gif
Tashiro
From Unwired (Pg 39): Optional Rules

Using Attributes
Rather than relying on technology to determine a character’s efficacy in the Matrix, Attributes may be factored back into the various tests in the Matrix. To do this, replace the program or complex form in each Success, Opposed, or extended Test with the appropriate attribute (usually Logic). The maximum number of hits (not net hits) that can be generated by each Matrix Test is limited to the rating of the program or complex form in a manner similar to the way Spellcasting hits are limited by the Force of a spell (see Force, p. 171, SR4). Agents, IC, and sprites would use their Pilot rating in place of the attribute required. Alternatively, the various Matrix Tests can remain unchanged. Instead, the attribute (again, usually Logic) limits the hits (not net hits) of every test in the same manner described above. In either case, each Matrix Action requires the use of the appropriate program.

Complex Forms
While technomancers are not magicians, some players and gamemasters may wish to bring the rules for the two closer together. To accomplish this, treat each complex form as though it were a spell, with no ratings and with the same
cost in BP and Karma as spells for magicians. Then, when performing Matrix actions with the complex forms, the technomancer chooses a rating for the complex form, up to twice his Resonance. The technomancer uses the complex form normally, and resists a Fading DV equal to half the rating chosen (rounded down); this Fading is stun unless the rating chosen was greater than the technomancer’s Resonance, in which case it is physical.

I'm using both these rules in my Shadowrun campaign, so the technomancer in question has her programs at 'Rating 1', and has to 'cast' and choose what Force her complex form is at, then suck fading. Is there a way to have Chummer (during chargen and later) simply ignore 'rating' for Complex Forms, and have them appear in a manner similar to spells (you buy it, it's done, finito) and have a dice pool determined by the attribute presented?
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Tashiro @ Mar 10 2012, 12:49 PM) *
From Unwired (Pg 39): Optional Rules

Using Attributes
Rather than relying on technology to determine a character’s efficacy in the Matrix, Attributes may be factored back into the various tests in the Matrix. To do this, replace the program or complex form in each Success, Opposed, or extended Test with the appropriate attribute (usually Logic). The maximum number of hits (not net hits) that can be generated by each Matrix Test is limited to the rating of the program or complex form in a manner similar to the way Spellcasting hits are limited by the Force of a spell (see Force, p. 171, SR4). Agents, IC, and sprites would use their Pilot rating in place of the attribute required. Alternatively, the various Matrix Tests can remain unchanged. Instead, the attribute (again, usually Logic) limits the hits (not net hits) of every test in the same manner described above. In either case, each Matrix Action requires the use of the appropriate program.

Complex Forms
While technomancers are not magicians, some players and gamemasters may wish to bring the rules for the two closer together. To accomplish this, treat each complex form as though it were a spell, with no ratings and with the same
cost in BP and Karma as spells for magicians. Then, when performing Matrix actions with the complex forms, the technomancer chooses a rating for the complex form, up to twice his Resonance. The technomancer uses the complex form normally, and resists a Fading DV equal to half the rating chosen (rounded down); this Fading is stun unless the rating chosen was greater than the technomancer’s Resonance, in which case it is physical.

I'm using both these rules in my Shadowrun campaign, so the technomancer in question has her programs at 'Rating 1', and has to 'cast' and choose what Force her complex form is at, then suck fading. Is there a way to have Chummer (during chargen and later) simply ignore 'rating' for Complex Forms, and have them appear in a manner similar to spells (you buy it, it's done, finito) and have a dice pool determined by the attribute presented?

Look in the Tools-Options window under the Optional Rules tab.
Check "Use Alternate Complex Forms Cost" That will make them cost the same as spells.
ShadowWalker
Would it be possible to add the ability to select what weapon a weapon focus is based off of?
That way it can display damage and the dice pool to use it.
Or is there some other way that's already there?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012