Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chummer Character Generator
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
SpellBinder
Shapeshifters need to be updated to include "Dual Natured" in their critter powers. RC, page 87 under Magic, 2nd paragraph.
Hellfire
also one thing I have noticed:

Nartaki characters (or other SURGElings with Shiva Arms) should be able to get "ambidextrous" multiple times, currently they are only able to select this quality once. See RC p115

"A character with Shiva arms can take the Ambidexterity quality multiple times, each time applying the quality to one of her off-hands."

plus:
in the Chaos magic tradition the selectable spirits there is a small typo: "Eart" spirits instead of "Earth"

And thanks for adding "The King" to the mentor spirits smile.gif

Nebular
QUOTE (Method @ Feb 18 2012, 08:55 AM) *
First: Let me just say, Nebular, that Chummer is sheer awesomeness. Hands down the best character generator ever conceived for SR.

--------------------------------

Now then: I noted a few very minor things during my last build that I wanted to point out. It would not surprise me if some of these things have been previously addressed:

-- When buying spare clips a "Quantity" field would be most useful
-- Also, skin link would be a useful "Firearm Accessory"
-- I love that you can add PACKs but its a pain in the ass to drop one- unless there is an easier way, you have to find and delete each component. I like that you can buy a PACKs package and then break it up to keep what you want, but having an easy way to drop the whole package would be nice.

-----------------------------------

And just as an aside: when can we expect this for Mac OSX? wink.gif I know its built on the .Net framework, but is there any way to port it?

Skinlink is a Modification for Weapons rather than an Accessory, according to Arsenal. It's an Accessory for non-Weapons, however.

Spare Clips in the Weapon Accessory list doesn't have a Quantity because Weapons don't support Quantities. If you add it as Gear though, you can specify a Quantity.

Until Mono gets off their butt and releases their fully-.NET 4-enabled package (or unless there's another .NET Framework for Macs), I'd guess never. Microsoft technologies are all that I've really worked with. While it would be nice to have it available on other platforms, I simply don't have the time to port and maintain different versions for different platforms. nyahnyah.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (ChatNoir @ Feb 18 2012, 05:55 PM) *
Just a message in the news thread about the "replacement" bioware (limbs, organs and stuff), you said that you'll look into it. It's just a reminder so it's not forgotten. smile.gif

Still on the list of stuff.
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Feb 19 2012, 11:36 AM) *
Within the Armor data file the mods have a category.
Is there a list somewhere of what those categories are?
I see the <categories> are listed for the armor category entry, but I don't see anything for a list of the mod categories.
I'm sure I can create a list based on the data already entered.

There not fixed list of Categories anywhere for Armor Mods. Things in the General Category are available for all Armors and Clothing. After that, the window adds Mods that belong to the same Category as the Armor you're modifying, so Mods from the Clothing Category are added if you're modifying something in the Clothing Category. After that, it looks for any Mods that belong to a Category that matches the Armor's name (such as Full Body Armor). And still after that, it looks for any Mods that belong to a Category that matches any of the Armor's <addmodcategory> tags.
Nebular
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Feb 20 2012, 01:38 AM) *
Shapeshifters need to be updated to include "Dual Natured" in their critter powers. RC, page 87 under Magic, 2nd paragraph.

The Metatypes data file has been updated to correct this.
Nebular
QUOTE (Hellfire @ Feb 20 2012, 11:43 AM) *
also one thing I have noticed:

Nartaki characters (or other SURGElings with Shiva Arms) should be able to get "ambidextrous" multiple times, currently they are only able to select this quality once. See RC p115

"A character with Shiva arms can take the Ambidexterity quality multiple times, each time applying the quality to one of her off-hands."

plus:
in the Chaos magic tradition the selectable spirits there is a small typo: "Eart" spirits instead of "Earth"

And thanks for adding "The King" to the mentor spirits smile.gif

Shiva Arms can already be taken multiple times.

I've updated the Traditions data file to correct the typo.
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Feb 18 2012, 10:23 AM) *
I noticed that for a non technomancer the Tasking group has it's tooltips, but for skill groups that are broken by having individual skills they aren't working.

Grr. I have a custom IsEnabled property that disables all of the items within the custom control so that the tooltip is still enabled, and there's the standard .NET Enabled property that just disables the entire custom control and prevents tooltips from appearing altogether. There's obviously still something in there that's using the .NET one. I'll have to track it down. smile.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Feb 18 2012, 10:22 AM) *
Strange I'm not getting anything showing up for tooltips.
And the character has values higher than 0 for each of them.

There's a known issue in .NET (that has apparently been around since .NET 2.0) where tooltip will just suddenly stop working. Microsoft has decided that it is a "fringe issue" and isn't worth the time to fix. Unfortunately there's nothing I can do. I have this happen with other tooltips in my copy as well. frown.gif
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Feb 20 2012, 06:26 PM) *

I think the suggestion is that the Quality Ambidexterity be allowed to be taking multiple times. Once for each arm past the first.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Feb 20 2012, 06:31 PM) *
There's a known issue in .NET (that has apparently been around since .NET 2.0) where tooltip will just suddenly stop working. Microsoft has decided that it is a "fringe issue" and isn't worth the time to fix. Unfortunately there's nothing I can do. I have this happen with other tooltips in my copy as well. frown.gif

I take it this bug is component specific as tool tips work on other components, just not these specific three.
SpellBinder
Regarding the shapeshifters, thanks.

About the clips (I still hate that word in this), if the Weapons section likely won't be able to support a quantity then maybe if they can have a freehand note for the Gear section, or somehow be able to call up the list of weapons for a notation. I say this since clips *shudder* are specific to their weapon and are not interchangeable (i.e. you can't take one from a Predator I & slap it into a Browning Ultra-Power). An alternative would be to create a sub-group for each type of weapon & drag the clips *ugh* there.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Feb 20 2012, 08:07 PM) *
Regarding the shapeshifters, thanks.

About the clips (I still hate that word in this), if the Weapons section likely won't be able to support a quantity then maybe if they can have a freehand note for the Gear section, or somehow be able to call up the list of weapons for a notation. I say this since clips *shudder* are specific to their weapon and are not interchangeable (i.e. you can't take one from a Predator I & slap it into a Browning Ultra-Power). An alternative would be to create a sub-group for each type of weapon & drag the clips *ugh* there.

Clips on the gear side ask for you to enter what weapon they are for.
Shows up as "Spare Clip (Ares Predator IV)".
SpellBinder
Oh, sorry, been too long since I've gone after that gear in the Gear section.

Now if only the game designers can get properly educated about the differences between clips & magazines for the next edition...
Hellfire
QUOTE (Nebular @ Feb 21 2012, 12:26 AM) *

I wasn't talking about the shiva arms, but about the ambidextrous quality. Currently you can only take it once, however you should be able to take it X times (where X is number of arms -1), so for example if you have shiva arms once (4 arms total) you should be able to take ambidextrous 3 times.

another small typo: in the equipment section "camping & survival gear" there is "camouflage netting" (the one from Arsenal) which should be "camouflage net (10mē)" and there is "comouflage netting" (the one from War!) which should be "camouflage netting (per mē)"

best regards
Nebular
QUOTE (ChatNoir @ Feb 18 2012, 05:55 PM) *
Just a message in the news thread about the "replacement" bioware (limbs, organs and stuff), you said that you'll look into it. It's just a reminder so it's not forgotten. smile.gif

Bioware file has been updated to include this in the "Organs and Limbs" category.

QUOTE (Hellfire @ Feb 21 2012, 04:30 AM) *
I wasn't talking about the shiva arms, but about the ambidextrous quality. Currently you can only take it once, however you should be able to take it X times (where X is number of arms -1), so for example if you have shiva arms once (4 arms total) you should be able to take ambidextrous 3 times.

another small typo: in the equipment section "camping & survival gear" there is "camouflage netting" (the one from Arsenal) which should be "camouflage net (10mē)" and there is "comouflage netting" (the one from War!) which should be "camouflage netting (per mē)"

best regards

Updated the Qualities and Gear files to correct these.
ChatNoir
Thanks Nebular ! smile.gif
Chinane
Capacity usage of Audio Enhancements in Audio Enhancers should be 1, regardless of rating. It's currently =rating.
Nebular
QUOTE (Chinane @ Feb 21 2012, 04:13 PM) *
Capacity usage of Audio Enhancements in Audio Enhancers should be 1, regardless of rating. It's currently =rating.

Updated the Gear file to correct this.
Nebular
Build 320
  • fixed an issue where Re-Apply Improvements would throw an error when checking Gear plugins whose parent item could no longer be found because of changed Gear categories
  • Re-Apply Improvements now records any selected values in the same manner as selecting them for the first time
  • pressing the up and down arrows while the search field has focus now selects the next/previous item in the list in most windows
  • added support for Large Dice Pool and Really Large Dice Pool rolling option from War! to the Dice Roller window
  • Cost/Month in the Advanced Lifestyle window when working on a Safehouse is now correctly changed to Cost/Week
  • maximum Power Level for Mystic Adept Powers is now correctly limited by their total MAG
  • custom Improvements now appear in a tree
  • custom Improvements can now be sorted using drag-and-drop
  • added support for editing custom Improvements
  • Active Skills now show their tooltips when grouped
  • fixed an issue where broken Skill Groups would no longer show their tooltip in Career Mode
  • reloading a Weapon can now draw ammo from secondary containers such as Spare Clips
New Strings
  • String_DiceRoller_Standard
  • String_DiceRoller_Large
  • String_DiceRoller_ReallyLarge
  • Node_SelectedImprovements
  • Button_EditImprovement
  • Button_DeleteImprovement
Sengir
QUOTE (Chinane @ Feb 21 2012, 11:13 PM) *

SR4A, 3rd printing (and I'm pretty sure it was in the previous ones, too), p. 333.:
Audio enhancements are commonly available as earbuds or headphones.
Each will play audio input from AR or other sources. Each enhancement costs 1 Capacity (per rating).
Savar
is it in your plans to add

The Resonance Difference

from Unwired ?
SpellBinder
I don't know what printing my soft copy is, but it doesn't have the "Each enhancement costs 1 Capacity (per rating)." part.

If the audio enhancements are going to remain the same (which falls in line with the cyberear options), then the Vision Enhancement option for eyeware should be changed to 1 capacity per rating as well as it's cybereye counterpart takes capacity per rating.
Nebular
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Feb 21 2012, 06:29 PM) *
I don't know what printing my soft copy is, but it doesn't have the "Each enhancement costs 1 Capacity (per rating)." part.

If the audio enhancements are going to remain the same (which falls in line with the cyberear options), then the Vision Enhancement option for eyeware should be changed to 1 capacity per rating as well as it's cybereye counterpart takes capacity per rating.

There's nothing in any of the books that I can find that says that Audio Enhancements or Vision Enhancements consume 1 Capacity per Rating. The closest it gets is found on SR4 333 under Audio Sensors & Enhancers: "The rating of such devices equals the number of audio enhancements they can be fitted with." So Rating 2 Earbuds should be able to hold 2 different Audio Enhancements, regardless of their Rating. Vision Enhancements already worked this way - Audio Enhancements were the odd ones out for some reason and were corrected in my most recent update of the Gear file.
Nebular
QUOTE (Savar @ Feb 21 2012, 06:21 PM) *
is it in your plans to add

The Resonance Difference

from Unwired ?

I don't see anything that needs to be added for this, unless there's something extra beyond the content found in the sidebar on UN 137-138. These all seem to modify the behaviour of how other devices react to them (cannot crash, conditional bonus on Defense Tests, increased threshold for Matrix Perception Test against them, Track is immune to Spoof, etc.) and don't appear to affect any of the Technomancer's actual abilities (no dice pool modifications or other modifiers).
Savar
QUOTE (Nebular @ Feb 21 2012, 07:21 PM) *
I don't see anything that needs to be added for this, unless there's something extra beyond the content found in the sidebar on UN 137-138. These all seem to modify the behaviour of how other devices react to them (cannot crash, conditional bonus on Defense Tests, increased threshold for Matrix Perception Test against them, Track is immune to Spoof, etc.) and don't appear to affect any of the Technomancer's actual abilities (no dice pool modifications or other modifiers).

ugh I can not find it now.

It was about how Complex forms would be learned like spells. I am trying to find the reference again.
SpellBinder
That, I think, is an optional approach to TM's that I've seen other users here talk about. As I recall, nothing like that is discussed in Unwired or any other game book.

Best way to try and replicate this in Chummer would be to set the BP for a complex form to 2 and the karma to 5 and never increase a complex form beyond level 1.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Feb 21 2012, 08:15 PM) *
There's nothing in any of the books that I can find that says that Audio Enhancements or Vision Enhancements consume 1 Capacity per Rating. The closest it gets is found on SR4 333 under Audio Sensors & Enhancers: "The rating of such devices equals the number of audio enhancements they can be fitted with." So Rating 2 Earbuds should be able to hold 2 different Audio Enhancements, regardless of their Rating. Vision Enhancements already worked this way - Audio Enhancements were the odd ones out for some reason and were corrected in my most recent update of the Gear file.

They were the odd ones out because a more recent printing had them costing their rating in capacity. This was not the case with Vision enhancements which were not changed.
Sadly this is not in the recent errata for the SR4A book, even though there are differences in the printings saying this.
It's in the old thread somewhere.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Feb 21 2012, 10:26 PM) *
That, I think, is an optional approach to TM's that I've seen other users here talk about. As I recall, nothing like that is discussed in Unwired or any other game book.

Best way to try and replicate this in Chummer would be to set the BP for a complex form to 2 and the karma to 5 and never increase a complex form beyond level 1.

I have read this in one of the optional rules, with a quick glance I didn't see it, but I know it's there somewhere.
Savar
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Feb 21 2012, 09:37 PM) *
I have read this in one of the optional rules, with a quick glance I didn't see it, but I know it's there somewhere.

finally found it

its under Tweaking the Rules pg 39 unwired

Complex Forms
SpellBinder
Edit: Nevermind
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Savar @ Feb 21 2012, 10:50 PM) *
finally found it

its under Tweaking the Rules pg 39 unwired

Complex Forms

The one thing that they don't talk about is what Threading does, since it would no longer be needed.
Only use I could see it having with this option is with the widgets or biowire echoes
Hellfire
Hello,
thanks for the latest update!

when designing a few NSC for my latest game I stumbled upon a few glitches that are not really flaws but more of "room for improvement":
1. when you design a critter (in this case a spirit) you are not able to add a new skill with a rating of force if the initial force is >6, also you are not able to improve the skill beyond rating 6 in career mode
2. also currently there is no possibility to create a free spirit critter/NSC, only as a player character, and you cannot create those with a force greater than 6, which leads back to the problem in no. 1 that you are unable to improve skills beyond rating 6 in career mode. However due to the rules when/how spirits become free it is more likely that free spirits are > force 6. So it would be great if you could add the option when creating a spirit/critter to make him "free" (checkbox or something) and then being able to select powers from the "free spirit power" list

something completely different:
the ranges of the Defiance T250 shotgun (the normal version, not the short barreled version) are wrong, they are currently the same as the short barreled version and should be as any other shotgun.

thanks for your great work smile.gif, I have recommended your char gen in my gaming group and now everybody is using it!
Sengir
QUOTE (Nebular @ Feb 22 2012, 02:15 AM) *
There's nothing in any of the books that I can find that says that Audio Enhancements or Vision Enhancements consume 1 Capacity per Rating. The closest it gets is found on SR4 333 under Audio Sensors & Enhancers: "The rating of such devices equals the number of audio enhancements they can be fitted with."

A bit below that, under the heading "AUDIO ENHANCEMENTS" wink.gif

And I just checked my German DTF copy (which would presumably be equal to the first printing), it clearly says "per Rating", too.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Sengir @ Feb 22 2012, 06:58 AM) *

And I just checked my German DTF copy (which would presumably be equal to the first printing), it clearly says "per Rating", too.

There are differences, the first printing I have excludes the per rating bit.
Nebular
QUOTE (Sengir @ Feb 22 2012, 05:58 AM) *

*gurgle* Do Video Enhancements have the same "per Rating" bit as well, or does it only apply to Audio Enhancements? I'd think it would be pretty strange if one did and the other didn't...
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Feb 22 2012, 09:03 AM) *
*gurgle* Do Video Enhancements have the same "per Rating" bit as well, or does it only apply to Audio Enhancements? I'd think it would be pretty strange if one did and the other didn't...

Nope, only audio has this change that's not in the errata.

Right now Chummer is working the way it's supposed to be, according to raw in this regard.
Audio costs per rating, video per item.
Tashiro
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Feb 22 2012, 12:19 AM) *
The one thing that they don't talk about is what Threading does, since it would no longer be needed.
Only use I could see it having with this option is with the widgets or biowire echoes

Threading would allow you to use a complex form you don't have, and set the maximum 'force' you would be able to use it at I figure - or increase the maximum 'force' for a complex form you already have, or to add 'options' to your complex forms - such as ergonomic.

If you have, for example, Shield, and your Resonance is 4, your maximum for it is eight. With threading, you could allow say that three Hits allows you to treat your maximum as 11. The fading might suck though when you throw down that hard. Hmm... I'll have to think about this more, that could be cool for mages as well.
Chinane
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Feb 22 2012, 05:02 PM) *
Nope, only audio has this change that's not in the errata.

Right now Chummer is working the way it's supposed to be, according to raw in this regard.
Audio costs per rating, video per item.

I've got 20th anniversary rules and it says about audio enhancers:
'The rating of such devices equals the number of audio enhancements they can
be fitted with.'

The audio enhancements themselves make no mention of capacity at all.
ChatNoir
The french SR4A is also different. Both Audio and Video Enhancements have [Rating] in the Capacity colomn and nothing about that in the Errata. I'll ask the translators what is the latest information they have from Catalyst.

EDIT : ok, I did find a previous discusion launch by Jazz about that and in the end it can be summarized like that :"there is something strange but the developpers need to be clearer on their documents / erratas. We can't choose which on is correct for them"
Sengir
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Feb 22 2012, 02:17 PM) *
There are differences, the first printing I have excludes the per rating bit.

Hmm, just "found" a copy of the first printing and indeed neither the 1st printing of the Anniversary Ed nor the original BBB have that sentence. But my German DTF from December 2009 already has the change...and since the new printings have it too, I'd say it is official wink.gif

PS:
QUOTE (ChatNoir @ Feb 22 2012, 06:48 PM) *
EDIT : ok, I did find a previous discusion launch by Jazz about that and in the end it can be summarized like that :"there is something strange but the developpers need to be clearer on their documents / erratas. We can't choose which on is correct for them"

So there already was an errata document incorporated into the foreign first printings? Interesting...

Anyway, looks like the best solution would be an option in Chummer.
ChatNoir
Yep, the french version includes some of the first erratas. Don't know if there are some other stuff after my print.
ShadowWalker
We had this discussion long ago in the old chummer threat.
Visual enhancements use capacity by item, Audio Enhancements use their rating.
SpellBinder
I think I'll just write myself an override file for the audio enhancements and call it good, then.
Nebular
What a freaking mess. I'd say this is hard to believe, but after the Street Magic and Arsenal re-prints screw ups, it seems "normal". I'm going to leave them exactly as they are now (Audio and Visual Enhancements use 1 Capacity, regardless of Rating) since this is how it appears in all of the sourcebooks that I have. Optional rules for it isn't an option since they're data-driven items. If you want a variation on these (such as only Audio Enhancements using [Rating] while Visual Enhancements use [1], or both use [Rating]), then they'll need to be done as override files. Until Catalyst gets off their butt and releases an errata to make things consistent, I'm going to leave them as they are.
Sengir
QUOTE (Nebular @ Feb 22 2012, 09:18 PM) *
Until Catalyst gets off their butt and releases an errata to make things consistent[...]

Tehehe, good one wink.gif
SpellBinder
Heh, bet you're glad you made that Override file an option to this program now, eh Nebular? Certainly seems to clear this hotbed issue up.
Nebular
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Feb 22 2012, 02:52 PM) *
Heh, bet you're glad you made that Override file an option to this program now, eh Nebular? Certainly seems to clear this hotbed issue up.

lol. Yeah, it's amusing when something I was so reluctant to put in ends up being so useful. smile.gif

So everyone doesn't need to worry about creating custom files to suit their needs regarding this, I've quickly created 3 different ones. The override files just go in your Chummer\data directory. (just right-click and choose Save As...)
Audio Enhancements and Visual Enhancements use [Rating] Capacity
Only Audio Enhancements use [Rating] Capacity (Visual Enhancements use [1] from the base file)
Only Visual Enhancements use [Rating] Capacity (Audio Enhancements use [1] from the base file)
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Feb 22 2012, 03:18 PM) *
What a freaking mess. I'd say this is hard to believe, but after the Street Magic and Arsenal re-prints screw ups, it seems "normal". I'm going to leave them exactly as they are now (Audio and Visual Enhancements use 1 Capacity, regardless of Rating) since this is how it appears in all of the sourcebooks that I have. Optional rules for it isn't an option since they're data-driven items. If you want a variation on these (such as only Audio Enhancements using [Rating] while Visual Enhancements use [1], or both use [Rating]), then they'll need to be done as override files. Until Catalyst gets off their butt and releases an errata to make things consistent, I'm going to leave them as they are.

Audio enhancements right now use rating not just 1 for capacity.
Or at least they did a couple of weeks ago when I was working on a a character.
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Feb 22 2012, 03:12 PM) *
Audio enhancements right now use rating not just 1 for capacity.
Or at least they did a couple of weeks ago when I was working on a a character.

They were changed to [1] a day or two ago since nothing I had or could find suggested they should be [Rating]. I've added links to the override files to my above post to keep the [Rating] capacity if desired. Any current characters will still have the old version unless you remove and re-add them plugins.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012