Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chummer Character Generator
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
gendo
I have a problem. After upload new changes, chummer remove magic from 2 magician characters.
SpellBinder
I also still see the calculation issue of the Magic attribute for characters who enter Career Mode with reduced Essence.
Nebular
Aw crap. Could you email me one of the affected characters so I can see what's up? I'll put out an update as soon as I find a fix for it. (nebular@shaw.ca)
SpellBinder
Sent both the character base Create Mode file and subsequent Career Mode file for comparison.
Nebular
Taking a look at them now and don't seem to see an issue. MAG is still enabled for the character. Only noticeable difference is that the Create Mode one has 1 less point of MAG than the Career Mode one because of the Initiate Grade. Do you have the Essence loss only reduces MAG/RES maximum House Rule turned on? What exactly should I be looking for?
SpellBinder
No, the "Essence Loss only reduces MAG/RES maximum." is disabled. If it were enabled I'd have an extra 35 karma available for Create Mode and Career Mode would actually show Magic correctly at 7.

As it stands, both character files display a Magic of 6 even though the Career Mode has an "Attribute MAG 6 -> 7" in the Karma and Nuyen tab. Also note that the Magician/Adept split for being a Mystic Adept is 3/4 despite having a showing Magic of 6.

Added: Also, the character is Initiated in Create Mode and does have an implant already that reduces Essence.
Nebular
Ok, so based on all of that... From what I can see, Create Mode is showing the correct numbers. You're MAG 7 with an Essence Penalty of 1 which takes it down to 6, and the MAG split for Magician/Adept is 3/3.

It appears that Career Mode is incorrect because of how Create Mode saves MAG information when moving to Career Mode. It records MAG as 6 because that's what the final value will be after the ESS Penalty. When it moves over to Career Mode, it's taking the saved MAG value (6) and applies the ESS penalty to it, dragging it down to 5. The save to Career Mode needs to take the ESS Penalty into consideration and add it back since your MAG is really 7 but penalised down to 6.

There's also the issue with the Magician/Adept split showing the incorrect value. It's going based on the character's maximum MAG instead of their actual MAG. nyahnyah.gif

Edit: Thankfully this can be easily fixed for existing characters that are showing this problem. Make a note of your current Essence Penalty. Undo any Karma Expenses you have for increasing MAG/RES, taking note of how many of these Expenses you have to undo. Save and close your character. Open the character in a text editor and find the line that reads <name>MAG</name> (this should be somewhere around line 145). Beneath it should be a field called <value>. Increase this number of its current value + your Essence Penalty + the number of MAG/RES Expenses you undid. So if you have a Essence Penalty of 1 and undid 1 Expense, you'd increase the current value by 2. Save the file, then re-open them in Chummer. Buy back any increases to MAG/RES as needed.

If you have not made any Karma or Nuyen purchases with the character yet, your other option is to put the character back into Create Mode and use the next update I'm getting ready to push out. Edit the save file in a text editor and find the line that reads <created>True</created> (should be around line 35). Change "True" to "False". Save the file. Re-open the character using build 485 (next one coming up), then save the character for Career Mode again. This will set the actual values properly.
Nebular
Build 485
  • fixed an issue where MAG/RES values are not saved correctly if the character has an Essence Penalty when moving to Career Mode
  • fixed an issue in Career Mode where the Magician/Adept MAG split was calculated based on Maximum MAG instead of actual MAG
SpellBinder
Had to relaunch Chummer a few times, but I'm seeing it's working with fresh characters. It won't be a problem to recreate the characters from scratch (it's only 2 I have to deal with, anyway).

I did, however, notice something else related to the mess in Create Mode with Essence & Magic while I was testing things out here. In making a character file in Create Mode (karma generation), if implants were added before adding an Awakened quality the karma did not calculate correctly, but if implants were added after adding an Awakened quality the karma did calculate like it was supposed to (the Essence & max MAG/RES house rule is still disabled in all of this).

Process 1: Add Magician quality, set Magic to 4, add Bone Lacing (4) = Special Attributes: 100 karma
Process 2: Add Bone Lacing (4), add Magician quality, set Magic to 4 = Special Attributes: 45 karma

Note, this held true with the Technomancer quality as well. Also, when the karma count is off like in Process 2, if all implants were removed afterwards, the karma calculation for MAG/RES got skewed (Magic 1, 0 karma; Magic 2, 5 karma instead of 10, etc.). On the plus side, if the Awakened quality and all implants are removed the karma calculation is once again straightened out, provided the order is like Process 1. Saving & re-loading a character file did not correct this.

Oh, by the way, the Mystic's Magician/Adept split wasn't an issue at all. At least as far as I figured. Aside from the penalized display of the Magic attribute in the character I sent you (and the subsequent screw up of what Chummer thought the actual maximum Magic was supposed to be), everything else related to Magic was calculated as if it were correct. I believe the actual version I last saved that character with showed the Magic attribute correctly at that time.

Added Much Later: In recreating a character, I hit the exact same snag again. Files will be in your e-mail.
Nebular
Gah! This has to do with the "fix" I made for Latent Qualities where you get access to MAG in Career Mode and already have a reduced ESS. It's recording the character's ESS when they gain access to MAG/RES and calculating penalties from in both modes instead of only doing it in Career Mode. nyahnyah.gif Luckily an easy fix. Have one up shortly.
Nebular
Build 486
  • Essence value when access to MAG/RES is gained is now only recorded in Career Mode as intended
SpellBinder
Almost got it. At this time, if anyone is making an awakened/emergent character with implants I suggest that you add the necessary qualities AFTER adding your implants.

I've sent you two more test files, Nebular, so you can hopefully see what I'm seeing.

Added: Removed and reapplied the Adept quality to an older character file, and it worked just fine. Tried the same with a Mystic Adept, and it failed. Gonna try some more testing...

Further Added: Found my issue. Adding an awakened/emergent quality after implants works insofar as you DON'T RELOAD the character file while still in Create Mode before transitioning to Career Mode. My issue arose when I forgot to apply a tradition for my Mystic Adept, and then had a karma calculation error. I closed and reloaded the character creation file and the karma calculation cleared up, but then the Magic/Essence issue showed up again once I moved on to Career Mode.

More Added: Sorry to pile this on, but came across something more in recreating a bio-adept I hit a new issue. The karma cost of increasing the Magic attribute while in Career Mode was still being adjusted for the Essence loss. Also found something weird; in doing the Re-Apply Improvements in a test on this same character, the Magic attribute jumped. In addition, in Initiating the character, the Power Points total went up as if the character's Magic was not being penalized.
The Overlord
I was just in the process of buying gear for a new character i have been tinkering with when i noticed that there were only 2 thrown weapons in the catagory (net and boomerang) while the rest were absent. Could there be something wrong with my pdf to cause the program to forget to add the others or are they not part of chummer?
SpellBinder
Those two are the only weapons that are exclusively throwing weapons as such. Other weapons like daggers, knives, and spears, can be thrown even though they're not in that category. Such weapons are actually lacking the code to give them range values, now that I look at them.

Grenades are purchased as ammo in the Gear tab, and will show up as throwable weapons in the Weapons tab.
phlapjack77
For some weapons, the ammo capacity is listed as two different values: for instance, the Stoner-Ares M202 MMG has a ammo capacity of: 50(clip) or 100(belt). It doesn't seem there is an option to purchase this gun with one capacity or the other. The ammo remaining for the "Reload" action always is set to 50.

Is there a way to have guns like this use the "optional" ammo capacity, so that the gun reloads with the 100(belt) capacity?
SpellBinder
Not that I know of. It would be nice, particularly for vehicle mounted and belt-fed weapons that can go up to 250 rounds. In that case I just leave the rest of the capable ammo on the vehicle, but I know that's not going to work for a character's handheld guns.
Urherion
Since the last update, every Mage/Adept Character lost all his magic attributs and skills, after I saved them.
Nebular
Build 487
  • changed when MAG/RES value is calculated when saving to Career Mode to hopefully get this working properly
Nebular
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Jun 23 2013, 10:50 PM) *
For some weapons, the ammo capacity is listed as two different values: for instance, the Stoner-Ares M202 MMG has a ammo capacity of: 50(clip) or 100(belt). It doesn't seem there is an option to purchase this gun with one capacity or the other. The ammo remaining for the "Reload" action always is set to 50.

Is there a way to have guns like this use the "optional" ammo capacity, so that the gun reloads with the 100(belt) capacity?

When you reload any of the Weapons that have multiple capacities, the Reload Window should open and have two dropdown lists. One to select the Ammo type and one to select the Quantity. The Qty one will list the different capacities the Weapons can use: in this case, there should be one entry for 50 and another for 100. Clicking OK will reload the Weapon with the specified number of rounds.
Nebular
QUOTE (Urherion @ Jun 24 2013, 10:50 AM) *
Since the last update, every Mage/Adept Character lost all his magic attributs and skills, after I saved them.

That's really weird. Do the characters in question have an Essence Penalties because of Cyberware/Bioware implants? I've been trying to get this nailed down for characters that get MAG/RES after starting their career thanks to Latent Qualities and it's proving to be a real pain in the butt. smile.gif I just put out an update to try and correct some of this. Try loading one of the character again and see how that goes. If you still have an issue, could you email me one of the characters so I can see what's going on? (nebular@shaw.ca)
Nebular
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Jun 23 2013, 11:32 AM) *
Further Added: Found my issue. Adding an awakened/emergent quality after implants works insofar as you DON'T RELOAD the character file while still in Create Mode before transitioning to Career Mode. My issue arose when I forgot to apply a tradition for my Mystic Adept, and then had a karma calculation error. I closed and reloaded the character creation file and the karma calculation cleared up, but then the Magic/Essence issue showed up again once I moved on to Career Mode.

I believe the update I just put out corrects this. I was calculating this in the wrong place where something like this could happen. Hopefully this update fixes that.

QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Jun 23 2013, 11:32 AM) *
More Added: Sorry to pile this on, but came across something more in recreating a bio-adept I hit a new issue. The karma cost of increasing the Magic attribute while in Career Mode was still being adjusted for the Essence loss. Also found something weird; in doing the Re-Apply Improvements in a test on this same character, the Magic attribute jumped. In addition, in Initiating the character, the Power Points total went up as if the character's Magic was not being penalized.

This, from my understanding, is how it should be done. If I recall, there was a rather lengthy talk about this in the old thread. In Create Mode, say you wanted a total MAG of 4. You put MAG at 4 then buy a piece of 'ware that gives you an Essence Penalty of 1. In order to keep your MAG at 4, you need to purchase MAG 5 because of the Essence Penalty drags it down to an effective MAG 4. So you're MAG 5 reduced to 4. In Career Mode, when you go to purchase your next point of MAG, you'll actually be purchasing MAG 6.
SpellBinder
Interesting. And I was told otherwise in another thread when I mentioned penalizing players in karma costs for raising Magic/Resonance after creation when they had a reduced Essence.

Added: Yeah, found the thread: http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?show...t&p=1163660

Also, if the character is a latent awakening, Chummer doesn't adjust the cost of increasing Magic for reduced Essence. I've got a character concept I've been working on who's at 2.# Essence and awakens in Career Mode. Going from Magic 1 to Magic 2 costs 10 karma according to Chummer, not 30.

Extra: Just did a quick test on an Adept with Essence 4.# & Magic 4 in Create Mode, but Magic 2 once in Career. Barring karma costs everything calculates like the character's magic is 4.
Urherion
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jun 24 2013, 10:49 PM) *
That's really weird. Do the characters in question have an Essence Penalties because of Cyberware/Bioware implants? I've been trying to get this nailed down for characters that get MAG/RES after starting their career thanks to Latent Qualities and it's proving to be a real pain in the butt. smile.gif I just put out an update to try and correct some of this. Try loading one of the character again and see how that goes. If you still have an issue, could you email me one of the characters so I can see what's going on? (nebular@shaw.ca)

The Adepts have some Bioware, but the full Mages not.
I have loaded the update, but the magic is still gone.
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jun 25 2013, 04:47 AM) *
When you reload any of the Weapons that have multiple capacities, the Reload Window should open and have two dropdown lists. One to select the Ammo type and one to select the Quantity. The Qty one will list the different capacities the Weapons can use: in this case, there should be one entry for 50 and another for 100. Clicking OK will reload the Weapon with the specified number of rounds.

Awesome! Sorry I missed that. Thanks for the help smile.gif
SpellBinder
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jun 24 2013, 01:47 PM) *
Any chance to get Chummer to recognize "belt" as 250, or are those machineguns going to have to be recoded?
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Jun 24 2013, 11:16 PM) *
Any chance to get Chummer to recognize "belt" as 250, or are those machineguns going to have to be recoded?

I changed the Ares MP-LMG to have the following for ammo

50© or 100(belt) or 250(belt)

And it worked giving the option for 50, 100 and 250. So all that needs to happen is to have the entries in the file to be changed.

using 50© or belt or 250(belt), or any other order of those 3 causes 50, 250, 250 to show up in the reload. Which after putting it back to 50© or belt is showing 50 or 250 as the options for reload.
Which begs the question, which weapon with belt isn't showing up as 250 as that seems to be the default.

Added: Looking at the file it looks like several MG weapons have 100(belt) so adding "or belt" to them should give the 250 option. Could do this in an overide file until done in the main file.
Nebular
Build 488
  • corrected an issue where saving the character would not take regional number settings into consideration, causing Essence Penalties to be calculated incorrectly in regions that do not use "." to indicate decimal places
SpellBinder
MAG/Essence is still an issue... Chummer is still reducing Magic by 6 - Essence once in Career Mode.

Added: It also looks like whatever you did to change how the maximums for the Magician/Adept split for Mystic Adepts actually did more damage than good. Loaded a latent awakened cybered character that is currently at Magic 2, and there's only one point to play with between the Magician or Adept sides.
Nebular
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Jun 25 2013, 08:52 PM) *
MAG/Essence is still an issue... Chummer is still reducing Magic by 6 - Essence once in Career Mode.

Added: It also looks like whatever you did to change how the maximums for the Magician/Adept split for Mystic Adepts actually did more damage than good. Loaded a latent awakened cybered character that is currently at Magic 2, and there's only one point to play with between the Magician or Adept sides.

I'm not seeing an issue with MAG/RES any more. When I create a character with MAG 5 and an Essence Penalty, moving them to Career Mode still leaves them at MAG 5. I've also tried dropping them to have an Essence penalty in Create Mode first, then giving them MAG 5 in Career Mode without issue, along with buying MAG 5 in Create Mode then adding Cyberware in Career Mode. From what I can see, everything is working as it should. Do you have an example character you could send me where things are going wacky?

Same for the Mystic Adept points. I've tried it a number of ways mixing Create and Career Mode, Essence Penalties, and Initiation, and the values always appear as they should. Example files would be great 'cause I can't seem to get it to not work. smile.gif

No house rules enabled?
Nebular
Build 489
  • fixed an issue where the Mystic Adept MAG split would apply Essence Penalties to the Adept portion of MAG a second time
  • fixed an issue where using Save As would not fix MAG/RES correctly before moving to Career Mode; Save and Save As now use the same code
SpellBinder
Back on track, but there's still a difference in the karma cost for improving Magic between a character who's awakened in Create Mode and one that is awakened in Career Mode if there's an Essence loss.

If the house rule on Essence & MAG/RES is enabled, then the difference in karma disappears, but the Magic attribute gets adjusted back up when the character is moved from Create to Career Mode rather than the karma cost going to where it should.
wilcoxon
My understanding is that the current behavior is correct. If you awaken during creation then any essence losses reduce your magic (current and max). If you awaken during your career then you start with magic 1 regardless of your essence (provided it is >=1). Therefore karma costs for increasing magic will be less if you awaken after creation (and have essence <6).
SpellBinder
Let me elaborate a little, again (note that the Essence & MAG/RES house rule is disabled):

Character 1: Awakened in Create Mode, 1 implant to reduce Essence to 5.#, left at Magic 1 (max 5). Move to Career Mode and it costs 15 karma to improve Magic to 2
Character 2: Not awakened in Create Mode, 1 implant to reduce Essence to 5.#. Upon awakening in Career Mode has a Magic of 1 (max 5), and it costs 10 karma to improve Magic to 2

In the case of Character 1, while in Create Mode Chummer does deduct points for the Essence loss to have a Magic of 1 it does not calculate the karma cost for improving Magic correctly later on (based on how I now understand the rules). It's this difference in karma costs between the two characters, the only difference being when they're awakened, that I've been harping on about these last few pages.

Chummer gives an advantage to those cybered characters that are awakened later in Career Mode, particularly those those that might be heavy on the implants. What I am wanting is to see Chummer treat the two equal, charging the same amount of karma regardless of when the character is awakened. Preferably charging karma based on the actual Magic attribute, and not modified for any Essence loss (if need be, a house rule for this is perfectly fine).
wilcoxon
As I said, I think the karma difference is correct by RAW.

If Nebular is going to add a house-rule to make them uniform then I think it should allow for both directions (both karma 10 or both karma 15 in your example). Personally, I would never consider using the lower karma cost house rule (but would be tempted to make them uniform at the higher cost).
Zinyadu
Hello i also have a Problem regarding essenceloss and magic.
I am using chummer since last week. Great generator i really love it.
Building a drake/magician worked fine.

The problem first occured after using bioware with a pixie.
Since then i have this problem with every char that has magic (critter, shapeshifter, magician or adept).
After saving and reloading a char the magic attribute changes.

The metatype limit states 0/6 and it is possible to reduce magic to 0.
Even worse, at this point the generator subtracts 7420 karma and increasing the magicattribute costs 270 +( 5 x new rating) starting with 275 for the first point.

With the GP system it is similar. The first point of magic cost 540 GP, every additional point cost the regular 10 GP.

Using the house rule on essence and magic/resonance removes the massiv costs, but i still need to buy the first point of magic.
At least i can build the character and make a print-out using 755 karma to compensate the cost for mag 1.

At this point i can go to careermode (pixi /magician, magic 6, initiat grad 2, without essenceloss calculated).
In careermode chummer increases magic to 7.

After turning off the houserule for essenceloss and mag/res magic goes down to 6.
It should be at 5 because off the bioware (cerebralbooster 3 and trauma damper).

In addition the chummer help tooltip for increasing magic shows "improve to 62 for 310"
If i grant myself 310 karma and increase magic to 7 the karma and nuyen tab shows
amount -310, reason attribute mag 61->62.

I also had somer minor problems.

The first aid costs are doubled (activating 8 karma and increasing 4x new rating)
Bonding a weapon focus does not calculate the weapons reach.
Bonding any focus using the german version of chummer only calculates the focusrating for karma without using any mulitplier.
Ater splitting a skillgroup i dont get the 10 karma activationcost back if i delete all associated skills.
Zinyadu
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Jun 26 2013, 11:23 PM) *
Let me elaborate a little, again (note that the Essence & MAG/RES house rule is disabled):

Character 1: Awakened in Create Mode, 1 implant to reduce Essence to 5.#, left at Magic 1 (max 5). Move to Career Mode and it costs 15 karma to improve Magic to 2
Character 2: Not awakened in Create Mode, 1 implant to reduce Essence to 5.#. Upon awakening in Career Mode has a Magic of 1 (max 5), and it costs 10 karma to improve Magic to 2

In the case of Character 1, while in Create Mode Chummer does deduct points for the Essence loss to have a Magic of 1 it does not calculate the karma cost for improving Magic correctly later on (based on how I now understand the rules). It's this difference in karma costs between the two characters, the only difference being when they're awakened, that I've been harping on about these last few pages.

Chummer gives an advantage to those cybered characters that are awakened later in Career Mode, particularly those those that might be heavy on the implants. What I am wanting is to see Chummer treat the two equal, charging the same amount of karma regardless of when the character is awakened. Preferably charging karma based on the actual Magic attribute, and not modified for any Essence loss (if need be, a house rule for this is perfectly fine).

Your right awakening during the career saves you 5 karma.
But at least a drake with latent dracomorphosis has to pay 120 karma for the awakening, thats like 15-20 adventures without characterimprovement.
I think that is worth 5 karma.

And this is in agreement with the rules.
SpellBinder
This difference will save more than 5 karma, depending on how much Essence is lost. One character I've been working on has an Essence of 2.# before awakening. Still only costs 10 karma to improve his Magic to 2, not 30 karma. And by RAW, improving attributes says nothing about modifying Magic/Resonance by how much Essence you've lost. Going from MAG/RES 4 to 5 costs 20 karma regardless if you're Essence 1.# or Essence 6. Would a character that has lost 2 points of Logic due to a brain injury pay 10 karma more to buy back a point of Logic?

The Latent Dracomorphosis to Drake qualities are something completely different.
Kiirnodel
The cost to raise magic should be 5 x the new rating. The only difference between the awakening before or after character creation, is that during character creation (without the house rule enabled) you would have to pay for the magic rating raise to correct for the magic loss from the essence reduction. And after creation, using latent awakening, costs karma equal to double the difference in BP cost of the magic quality and latent awakening (5 BP); so in the case of latent awakening into a magician (15 BP), (15 - 5) x 2 is 20 karma.

If at any point raising an attribute from 1 to 2 costs 15 karma without any other costs tacked on, that doesn't sound right.
wilcoxon
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Jun 26 2013, 06:46 PM) *
This difference will save more than 5 karma, depending on how much Essence is lost. One character I've been working on has an Essence of 2.# before awakening. Still only costs 10 karma to improve his Magic to 2, not 30 karma. And by RAW, improving attributes says nothing about modifying Magic/Resonance by how much Essence you've lost. Going from MAG/RES 4 to 5 costs 20 karma regardless if you're Essence 1.# or Essence 6. Would a character that has lost 2 points of Logic due to a brain injury pay 10 karma more to buy back a point of Logic?

Actually, it does say...
Anything that reduces a character’s Essence will also reduce Magic. For every point (or fraction thereof ) of Essence lost, the character’s Magic attribute and her Magic maximum rating are reduced by one. A character with a Magic of 4, for example, whose Essence is reduced to 5.8 has her Magic immediately reduced to 3 and her maximum to 5. Further Essence reductions do not reduce the character’s Magic again until Essence drops below 5.

It is mute however on the karma cost of raising your magic after this but does say that magic can be reduced below 1 (unlike all other attributes). To me, I read this to mean exactly how chummer is currently working. And, yes, if I was GMing and a character suffered a 2 point Logic loss that was severe enough to also lower his cap, he would pay karma to increase Logic as if it was 2 higher than it actually is (if it was a less serious injury that only resulted in the loss of 2 Logic without lowering the cap then karma cost would be normal).
SpellBinder
No question on Magic loss due to implants, nor the costs during character creation. After that we clearly see this in different ways, which is fine. Balancing Chummer one way and adding a House Rule option to go the other can easily settle this. Implementing it is another question...

I'm really sorry about all of this, Nebular.
Zinyadu
Hi i found a solution on my problem.

A mistake occures while creating the datafile.

Line 12: <essenceatspecialstart>60</essenceatspecialstart>

Editing this to <essenceatspecialstart>6</essenceatspecialstart>
solves my Problem.
After creating the datafile chummer doesn´t change this value when saving again.

I can finalize charactercreation and save to careermode.

Besides that i forget to mention 2 other issues i had with the pixie.
Chummer doesn´t calculate the additioinal 1,2 mutliplier for essenceloss sapient critters get.
And i wondered why lifestylecosts for sapient critters are increased by 50%. Is there a rule for this?
SpellBinder
Regarding the Essence & implants, it looks like you're supposed to choose the (Second Hand) option in the implant grade if it's not going to be a Deltaware grade implant. Means that sapient critters can't take betaware implants.

Regarding the lifestyle costs, Runner's Companion (English copy), page 84, third paragraph under "Not Metahuman" in the "Creating A Sapient Character" section.
Mantis
QUOTE (wilcoxon @ Jun 26 2013, 06:54 PM) *
It is mute however on the karma cost of raising your magic after this but does say that magic can be reduced below 1 (unlike all other attributes). To me, I read this to mean exactly how chummer is currently working. And, yes, if I was GMing and a character suffered a 2 point Logic loss that was severe enough to also lower his cap, he would pay karma to increase Logic as if it was 2 higher than it actually is (if it was a less serious injury that only resulted in the loss of 2 Logic without lowering the cap then karma cost would be normal).

If your magic is reduced below 1 you lose all your magic, which is the only reason it can go below 1. Any other attribute lowered that far permanently means you are dead. I don't see why raising your magic (or any other attribute for that matter) should cost more than what RAW says, that is 5X the new value. If you burn edge you don't pay extra karma to get it back up to its previous value, nor should you pay extra karma to raise you magic if you have had it lowered via cyberware. Do you charge extra karma if their magic/essence is lowered from a vampire attack? No, so why do it for cyber? Characters already pay 'extra' to increase the MAG cap through initiation so there isn't any reason to charge yet more karma just to bring an attribute up. There is nothing in RAW to support this extra charge.

Nebular, I'm still seeing this issue with magic being lower than it should be in Chummer. I built an adept character from scratch with the latest build, added some karma and some cyberware in career mode and it shows magic 1 point less than it should be after spending karma to raise it again. It is also displaying his power points as the value it would be before losing a point of magic/essence rather than lowering that value.
There is nothing special about the character, standard adept, with no house rules enabled beyond 'Skill Defaulting Includes Modifiers' and 'Allow Combined Force of Stacked Foci to exceed 6'. I don't see how those would effect things though.
Zinyadu
QUOTE (Mantis @ Jun 27 2013, 11:23 PM) *
It is also displaying his power points as the value it would be before losing a point of magic/essence rather than lowering that value.
There is nothing special about the character, standard adept, with no house rules enabled beyond 'Skill Defaulting Includes Modifiers' and 'Allow Combined Force of Stacked Foci to exceed 6'. I don't see how those would effect things though.

I discovered the same problem with my magical skill, their value is calculated without essenceloss and the printout displays magic 6.
Should be 5 and the career mode displays 5. During charactercreation everything was fine.

I added an improvement granting -1 magic.
This improvement does not change my base magic rating.
The value is still 5 but now i have an augmented magic value. Tooltip displays Magic (6) + Pixie (0) + Magicloss(-1).
And all magic skills(spellcasting, summoning etc) uses the augmented magic.
Xtreme Newbie
I've been using chummer to create my character but now whenever I open that character its all bugged out. First it gives me this error: Unhandled exception has occured in your application.
Value of '113' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'
Parameter name: Value.
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '113' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'.
Parameter name: Value
at System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.set_Value(Decimal value)
at Chummer.frmCreate.MetatypeSelected()
at Chummer.frmCreate.frmCreate_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.235 (RTMGDR.030319-2300)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Chummer
Assembly Version: 0.0.0.489
Win32 Version: 0.0.0.489
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Ванчо/Desktop/chummer/Chummer.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.235 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.232 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

and gives me the oprion to either quit or continue. If I click quit it gives me the option to save my character. When I click no it gives me this error: Unhandled exception has occured in your application.
Value Dispose() cannot be called while doing CreateHandle().

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidOperationException: Value Dispose() cannot be called while doing CreateHandle().
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
at Chummer.frmCreate.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
at Chummer.frmCreate.frmCreate_FormClosing(Object sender, FormClosingEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnFormClosing(FormClosingEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.RaiseFormClosingOnAppExit()
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ExitInternal()
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.OnThreadException(Exception t)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProcException(Exception e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnThreadException(Exception e)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IntCreateWindowEx(Int32 dwExStyle, String lpszClassName, String lpszWindowName, Int32 style, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height, HandleRef hWndParent, HandleRef hMenu, HandleRef hInst, Object pvParam)
at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.CreateWindowEx(Int32 dwExStyle, String lpszClassName, String lpszWindowName, Int32 style, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height, HandleRef hWndParent, HandleRef hMenu, HandleRef hInst, Object pvParam)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.CreateHandle(CreateParams cp)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateHandle()
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CreateHandle()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.get_Handle()
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.SetVisibleCore(Boolean value)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Show()
at Chummer.frmMain.LoadCharacter(String strFileName, Boolean blnIncludeInMRU, String strNewName, Boolean blnClearFileName)
at Chummer.frmMain.mnuMRU_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.235 (RTMGDR.030319-2300)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
Chummer
Assembly Version: 0.0.0.489
Win32 Version: 0.0.0.489
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Ванчо/Desktop/chummer/Chummer.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.235 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.232 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

, but when I click continue I have 400 BP and whatever I do I cant spend them. Also my skills dont exist (none of the skills or skill groups are listed in the skills tab) and even though I'm an elf all my atrributes are at max 6 and min 1 and augmented 0.

P.S. I clicked ignore character creation rules at start maybe thats the problem?
P.P.S. This is my second char because my first one got bugged out by a simmilar error but insted of value 113 it was another value. Also it didn't give me an error when I clicked quit it just opened a "Chummer has stopped working" window. I'm using 32bit Vista
ChatNoir
Hi, is your .Net Framework 4.0 up to date (Windows Update) ?
Xtreme Newbie
QUOTE (ChatNoir @ Jun 28 2013, 02:03 PM) *
Hi, is your .Net Framework 4.0 up to date (Windows Update) ?

I think not but I don't know how to update. There is no .net framework update in the windows update app.
Xtreme Newbie
In my microsoft.net framework folder i have folder named v4.0.30319. Is that the version I have? If so is it the newest version?
tasti man LH
So minor little error I stumbled on (and no, its not a coding error).

The pixie build is listed as having the Vanishing power (Running Wild, p. 215). This is incorrect. The pixie SHOULD have the Vanish weakness (Runner's Companion, p. 85)

Easy to miss, I know, but can't have people getting pixies just because they can vanish into another plane of existence and not get hit by any kind of attack, now can we?
Zinyadu
QUOTE (Zinyadu @ Jun 26 2013, 11:35 PM) *
I also had somer minor problems.

The first aid costs are doubled (activating 8 karma and increasing 4x new rating)
Bonding a weapon focus does not calculate the weapons reach.
Bonding any focus using the german version of chummer only calculates the focusrating for karma without using any mulitplier.
Ater splitting a skillgroup i dont get the 10 karma activationcost back if i delete all associated skills.

Yesterday i learned that the first and second point are accurate. Sorry for listing them.

First aid costs are doubled because of pixies uneducated negative quality.
Up to yesterdays shadowrun session i wasn´t aware of the rulechanges sr4 anniversary introduced. Bonding a weapon focus no longer uses weapons reach for calculation.

The last two points still appear in creatingmode.
Focusbonding in careermode using the german version is calculated with the correct multiplier.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012