Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chummer Character Generator
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
Nebular
QUOTE (karhig @ Jun 16 2012, 10:00 AM) *
Printed out my girlfriend's character using Chummergen today and she raised a very good point. Not sure if it's been asked before, but when printing the character sheet, would it be possible to have an option for banded shading for the rows (perhaps white and a light gray). eg.

Row one (background colour white)
Row two (background colour gray)
Row three (background colour white)
etc.

It would make the print outs much easier to read, particularly in sections such as weapons and contacts.

On the SR4 sheet at least, every second row is coloured grey. Internet Explorer (which is what is actually used by the app to draw the character sheets) by default, however, has the option to print those turned off. When you have a character sheet open, right click on the sheet and choose Print Preview... Click the 4th icon from the left in the tool bar. It should be a little gear icon. Turn on the Print Background Colors and Images option. Click OK, close the Print Preview window, then print your sheet and they should appear.
Nebular
QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ Jun 16 2012, 09:21 AM) *
I could have sworn I mentioned it before, but oh well.

The 'Modular Plug-In Adaption' is listed as a Cyberlimb Accessory. It's not.

What it does is modify any OTHER piece of gear so it can attach to a modular cyberlimb socket. Like if you modified a baseball bat with one, you could replace your modular cyberhand with the bat.

Also, the standard Modular Plug-Ins should probably be listed as Gear, or at least have an "Installed" checkbox, since you can swap them in and out.

Actually, having an "Installed" checkbox for all implants isn't a bad idea, so you can represent bits and parts you may have obtained but not actually installed.

I like the Installed checkbox idea. Added to the list. biggrin.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Jun 16 2012, 07:09 PM) *
Would be possible at any point to put in a functionality to reduce attributes other than Edge during career mode? There are various things in game that state can cause a permanent loss to particular attributes (disease, drugs, crisis of faith, optional magic loss rules, etc.).

I'll have this added for the next update. I'll probably add a Reduce Attribute item to the Special menu so that someone doesn't go around reducing their Attributes during play unless they really mean to. smile.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Jun 16 2012, 08:27 PM) *
One thing I would like to see is something within Chummer that would create an empty file. You select the base file type you need and chummer creates an empty one, with some dummy data in it to show you what all the options are for an item within that file.
Either that, or actually have a folder off of the data folder that includes empty files with dummy data that shows each possible xml tag/entry.

Hmm, good idea. I'll see if I can get this added in the next update.
DocReid
I have been following this thread for a few months now but finally registered just to comment about this generator.

First of all, I have to say Nebular you have done an amazing job with this and I commend you for it. I have found a few errors though that I'd like to bring to your attention.

The first issue I've noticed is when adding the Red Samurai Armor (with the Registered Gear Quality of course), it comes with a default Mobility Upgrade rating 2 which is supposed to add its rating to your running skill (Arsenal 51). However, instead of adding a + 2 dice modifier, it adds +4. In addition to that, removing the armor only reduces the dice pool by 2 instead of the full 4. Adding the armor back actually increases the pool by and ADDITIONAL 4! This cycle seems to keep going infinitely; creating unrealistic dice pools!

The second issue I've found is that that there seems to be a few clothing items missing. In the Victory Globetrotter Line, the Massage Liners (Arsenal 47) are missing. Also missing is the Zoe Heritage Line (Arsenal 47).

I also have a request. Are you opposed to adding items from the Enhanced Fiction line? I'm not sure about 99 Bottles, but the book Another Rainy Night has some special weapons and ammunition on the last page that I would love to be able to apply to my campaign. These are items more specifically tailored for a vampire themed mission and would be a great addition.

Again thanks for creating such an amazing piece of software!
SpellBinder
I have written in the gear from Another Rainy Night in my custom files, among a mess more things. Feel free to download and install.
voydangel
sent the chum file for ya, hope it helps for bug squishing
MyrkMenethil
Hey, great character generator you've made, at least as good imo as the official herolabs one. I've encountered a problem though with adept powers. Whenever I make a character or open a character thats an adept and try to open the adept powers window, I get an exception error saying "The 'Throwdv' start tag on line 160 position 6 does not match the end tag of 'throwdv'. Line 160, position 22." The full detailed exception text is below. Pressing continue opens the adept power window, but completely blank. If this has already been addressed somewhere else, my apologies, but searching this thread for throwdv returned nothing.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Xml.XmlException: The 'Throwdv' start tag on line 160 position 6 does not match the end tag of 'throwdv'. Line 160, position 22.
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowTagMismatch(NodeData startTag)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEndElement()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadNode(Boolean skipOverWhitespace)
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc)
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename)
at Chummer.XmlManager.Load(String strFileName)
at Chummer.frmSelectPower.frmSelectPower_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Nebular
QUOTE (MyrkMenethil @ Jun 17 2012, 08:47 PM) *
Hey, great character generator you've made, at least as good imo as the official herolabs one. I've encountered a problem though with adept powers. Whenever I make a character or open a character thats an adept and try to open the adept powers window, I get an exception error saying "The 'Throwdv' start tag on line 160 position 6 does not match the end tag of 'throwdv'. Line 160, position 22." The full detailed exception text is below. Pressing continue opens the adept power window, but completely blank. If this has already been addressed somewhere else, my apologies, but searching this thread for throwdv returned nothing.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Xml.XmlException: The 'Throwdv' start tag on line 160 position 6 does not match the end tag of 'throwdv'. Line 160, position 22.
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowTagMismatch(NodeData startTag)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEndElement()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadNode(Boolean skipOverWhitespace)
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc)
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename)
at Chummer.XmlManager.Load(String strFileName)
at Chummer.frmSelectPower.frmSelectPower_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I've taken a look at the Powers data file (powers.xml) and don't see anything wrong with it. All of the data files in the current release validate properly. The official Powers file doesn't contain anything that grants a throwdv bonus. What actually stands out for me here is that "Throwdv" is actually capitalized in the error message. Since XML is case-sensitive and I don't use capitals in any of my tags, my first guess would be that you likely have a custom (or override) powers.xml data file that is introducing this quirk. The first thing I'd try would be to delete any files called custom[xxxx]_powers.xml and override[xxxx]_powers.xml from your Chummer\data directory (or move them to another directory temporarily to single out the files), then restart Chummer and try again. If it works after that, you might need to poke through your customer/override data files, search for "Throwdv", and change the one place where it's using a capital. smile.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (DocReid @ Jun 17 2012, 12:55 PM) *
I have been following this thread for a few months now but finally registered just to comment about this generator.

First of all, I have to say Nebular you have done an amazing job with this and I commend you for it. I have found a few errors though that I'd like to bring to your attention.

The first issue I've noticed is when adding the Red Samurai Armor (with the Registered Gear Quality of course), it comes with a default Mobility Upgrade rating 2 which is supposed to add its rating to your running skill (Arsenal 51). However, instead of adding a + 2 dice modifier, it adds +4. In addition to that, removing the armor only reduces the dice pool by 2 instead of the full 4. Adding the armor back actually increases the pool by and ADDITIONAL 4! This cycle seems to keep going infinitely; creating unrealistic dice pools!

The second issue I've found is that that there seems to be a few clothing items missing. In the Victory Globetrotter Line, the Massage Liners (Arsenal 47) are missing. Also missing is the Zoe Heritage Line (Arsenal 47).

I also have a request. Are you opposed to adding items from the Enhanced Fiction line? I'm not sure about 99 Bottles, but the book Another Rainy Night has some special weapons and ammunition on the last page that I would love to be able to apply to my campaign. These are items more specifically tailored for a vampire themed mission and would be a great addition.

Again thanks for creating such an amazing piece of software!

I'll take a look at the Red Samurai Armor and see what I can find.

As for the Massaging Liners, those are already there. The catch is that they can only be added to certain pieces of Armor, such as the Victory: Globetrotter Camouflage Jumpsuit. The Mod won't appear unless the Armor has actually been given access to it in the data files. All of the Globetrotter pieces can see them but the Mod won't appear in the list for any other piece of Armor.

The stuff for Another Rainy Night is already available, I just didn't want to add it (or the other enhanced fiction) to the core data since they're tightly tied to the fiction pieces themselves. You can grab them by going to Tools menu > Omae. Select Data from the Search For list then click the Search button. The Weapons from 99 Bottles (the Jianshi QBZ-14) was the only item I saw in that book and it wasn't added since it was actually printed in Gun Haven, making it part of the core data files.
Nebular
Quick little update to fix an issue with attempting to move a character to Career Mode when a +(Rating) item has been added directly to the character instead of as a plugin to a device. The rest of my week is probably going to be consumed with tomorrow's release of the Civilization V expansion and trying to get my online version of the Civilopedia up and working ASAP and trying to figure out how all of those new XML files are interlinked. nyahnyah.gif

Build 394
  • Reduce Attribute in the Special menu is now available to all characters in Career Mode, nod just Cyberzombies
  • Gear that has a Rating of +(Rating) now shows its calculated Rating instead when it is on its own and not attached to a parent item
  • Gear that has a Rating of +(Rating) that is on its own and not attached to a parent item no longer throws an error when attempting to move a character to Career Mode
Sengir
QUOTE (Nebular @ May 30 2012, 02:56 PM) *
[*]Attributes now include <bp /> in their printout XML to indicate the amount of BP/Karma that has been spent on them (only accurate for characters that have not yet spent Karma on improving Attributes after starting their career)
[*]Skills now include <bp /> in their printout XML to indicate the amount of BP/Karma that has been spent on them (only accurate for characters that have not yet spent Karma on improving Skills after starting their career)

Finally had the time to use those new data, thanks a lot smile.gif

Alas, time with charsheets also is time for finding bugs:
  • The <cost /> tag in the printout contains only "price formulas" (like FixedValues(50000,85000,175000) ) instead of the end result
  • Related to the previous, the <avail3 /> <avail6 /><avail10 /> tags and their cost equivalents are pretty useless bloat in the printout
  • Armor mods (unlike all other mods) du not have an <included/> tag to tell if they come with the armor by default
  • The Maglock sequencer is just listed as "Sequencer", confusing
  • The Operations Cleanup Toolkit/Shop/Facility are just listed as "Operations Toolkit" etc., again confusing
karhig
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jun 17 2012, 06:55 PM) *
On the SR4 sheet at least, every second row is coloured grey. Internet Explorer (which is what is actually used by the app to draw the character sheets) by default, however, has the option to print those turned off. When you have a character sheet open, right click on the sheet and choose Print Preview... Click the 4th icon from the left in the tool bar. It should be a little gear icon. Turn on the Print Background Colors and Images option. Click OK, close the Print Preview window, then print your sheet and they should appear.

Thanks, that fixed it right up smile.gif
DocReid
Thanks for the quick response Nebular. But what about the Zoe Heritage Line? Is that listed as a Mod as well because I still haven't seen that piece of clothing.
Tashiro
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jun 14 2012, 07:51 PM) *
I'll have this fixed in the next update. I'm going to add Ammo: Freeze Foam to the Ammo list so that the Glop Cannon can properly load it. I'm also going to add support for marking Weapons as not actually requiring Ammo to reload in the XML files, so the Water Cannon and things like the Stun Baton will no longer require wacky Ammo to use. Just hit the Reload button and off you go.

I found freeze foam ammunition in the current update, but when I tried to purchase some and hook it up to the drone's cannons, I got an error anyway. Even if I listed it as 'vehicle weapon', it didn't work. I'm also wondering why the dice pool for it is only 2 - but I don't know if that's an error or not for it.
forgarn
I thought in previous versions that when you loaded a firearm with ammo, it auto added the modifiers to the weapon's stats. However, today I loaded a Colt Cobra TZ-110 (5P dmg, 0 AP) with Ex-Ex ammo (should have made the stats 6P dmg and -1 AP) and nothing in the Colt's stats changed. Is this a change to the program is am I missing somthing?
McDougle
As you know I´m all in for naming... everything. ^_^

I love the chummer for enabling me to name ALOT and thus personalizing each character with ease.

I´ll play a Rigger soon and would love to be able to name his Agents and programs. smile.gif

Is it possible to make Gear nameable? eek.gif
McDougle
Some Drones from "TOD" seem to be missing Upgrades(I didn´t check all of them):
-Cyberspace Desings Wolfhound: Adaptability 2 Autosoft
-MCT Hachiman: Spotlight, Targetsoft1
voydangel
When printing character sheets out, Matrix Program groups (Such as the FTL Power user suite) don't print out what is included, it simply prints the name of the package. It would be nice if it said what was in the package and the ratings when printed. Even better would be to just have it print the contents and ratings and leave off the fact that its in a suite package since that's irrelevant during game/after purchase.

Also, I'm curious if you've looked into some of the possible options I asked about (linked below). Just kinda curious for an answer, even if it's no. =)
One of my earlier posts in this thread.
Other earlier suggestion/request post
McDougle
Is there a way to implement "HomeGround"´s +2 SkillBonus in the improvements? smile.gif
CeeJay
How would you keep track of quickened spells in chummer? smile.gif

-CJ

Edit: To be more precise, I have a quickened Combat Sense spell on my current character.
Hellfire
QUOTE (CeeJay @ Jun 22 2012, 02:18 PM) *
How would you keep track of quickened spells in chummer? smile.gif

-CJ

Edit: To be more precise, I have a quickened Combat Sense spell on my current character.

I would just put any quickened spells in the "NOTES" section in the "Character Info" tab. So you see what is active and what game relevant bonus (if any) is added. In addition you can add a specific improvement in the "improvements" tab. for example: if you have a quickened "increase reflexes" spell, you can add the increase to initiative and initiative passes via the "improvement" tab, but to actually know how the character got the bonus you have to fill out the "notes" section. This is especially true for situational modifiers like your a.m. combat sense spell, as it adds the hits to a reaction dodge or surprise test. You can of course add an improvement for the dodge skill via "improvement" tab, however this does not reflect the spell 100%, therefore again: "Notes"
RdMarquis
Am I forgetting some rule about Essence, or is something odd about Bioware and Cyberware? After I added Muscle Toner to a character, I lost 25 BP.
Sengir
QUOTE (RdMarquis @ Jun 25 2012, 10:21 AM) *
Am I forgetting some rule about Essence, or is something odd about Bioware and Cyberware? After I added Muscle Toner to a character, I lost 25 BP.

Are you building an Awakened/TM character? Chummer automatically invests BP to keep Magic or Resonance at the selected value if your Essence is reduced
RdMarquis
QUOTE (Sengir @ Jun 25 2012, 03:15 AM) *
Are you building an Awakened/TM character? Chummer automatically invests BP to keep Magic or Resonance at the selected value if your Essence is reduced

That explains it. His Magic was at 5 when I gave him the Bioware.
taeksosin
Have a quick question regarding conceal scores for weapons. I tried searching through the threads and I don't THINK I saw anything pertinent to this. While making a character, weapons are showing extremely low conceal scores (-18 for a katana, for instance). If I save, quit, and reload the character, the scores are back to being how they should be.

Edit: Also, the SCK Model 100 should come with an internal smartlink.
ChatNoir
Strange, I just tried and the katana have +6 in conceal (same as my shotgun). Maybe some other gear is messing with that.
taeksosin
Think I figured out what's causing it (well, some of it maybe). Seems like if you have clothing that grants extra conceal (Mortimer longcoat, I'm looking at you) it throws the values off until you save and reopen the character.
ShadowWalker
All of the items in the Odds and Ends Gear Category from Arsenal are listed as being from page 61, should be page 62.

I also have a character that has a colt M22A3 assault rifle and when it says it's fully loaded but the ammo drop down says external source instead of the type of ammo loaded.
If I reload it displays correctly but as soon as I save and reload the character the drop down is back to saying external source.
The grenade launcher part of the weapon is properly displaying the grenades loaded. It's just the main weapons that doesn't appear to be working correctly.
SpellBinder
Nice now having the option to reduce attributes (have had internet connection issues last week), but could there be an option to not reduce the racial maximum at the same time? It's my understanding that when an attribute is reduced by whatever, the maximum doesn't drop along with it.

Also, could Magic and Resonance be available for reduction for awakened/emerged characters as well? A magician with a talisman who suffers a crisis of faith can see their Magic reduced, for one example.
Nebular
QUOTE (DocReid @ Jun 19 2012, 05:15 PM) *
Thanks for the quick response Nebular. But what about the Zoe Heritage Line? Is that listed as a Mod as well because I still haven't seen that piece of clothing.

The Heritage Line wasn't included because the Ballistic and Impact are completely variable. Creating a separate entry for each of the 20 different possible combinations (2-6 B/1 - 4 I) doesn't seem very practical to me. nyahnyah.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (Tashiro @ Jun 19 2012, 05:17 PM) *
I found freeze foam ammunition in the current update, but when I tried to purchase some and hook it up to the drone's cannons, I got an error anyway. Even if I listed it as 'vehicle weapon', it didn't work. I'm also wondering why the dice pool for it is only 2 - but I don't know if that's an error or not for it.

I can't seem to reproduce the error with the Freeze Foam. Just to be certain, it's the Ammo: Freeze Foam item you're trying to load in there, correct? If you're still getting the error, could you email me the save file so I can take a look at it? (nebular@shaw.ca)
Nebular
QUOTE (forgarn @ Jun 21 2012, 01:04 PM) *
I thought in previous versions that when you loaded a firearm with ammo, it auto added the modifiers to the weapon's stats. However, today I loaded a Colt Cobra TZ-110 (5P dmg, 0 AP) with Ex-Ex ammo (should have made the stats 6P dmg and -1 AP) and nothing in the Colt's stats changed. Is this a change to the program is am I missing somthing?

I just tried this and it seems to be working correctly. If this is still occurring with your character, could you email me the save file so I can take a look and see what's up? (nebular@shaw.ca)
Nebular
QUOTE (McDougle @ Jun 22 2012, 02:44 AM) *
Is there a way to implement "HomeGround"´s +2 SkillBonus in the improvements? smile.gif

This is a conditional bonus (need to be on your home ground), so this isn't factored into a Skill. This is one of the reasons the Improvements tab exists in Career mode. You can setup your conditional Improvements on the tab, then turn them on/off as needed to have them apply their bonuses to things.
Nebular
Build 396
  • fixed an issue where selecting Armor that granted Improvements or whose Mods granted Improvements would immediately add them to the character when selected in the Select Armor window
  • added a Part of base Armor checkbox to indicate whether or not an Armor Mod is part of a piece of Armor by default in the same manner as the Part of base Weapon checkbox for Weapons
  • added <included /> tag to printout XML for Armor Mods which indicates whether or not they are included as part of the base Armor
  • all equipment now puts its total cost in the <cost /> tag in the printout XML instead of its cost formula
  • removed <cost3 />, <cost6 />, <cost10 />, <avail3 />, <avail6 />, and <avail10 /> tags from printout XML since they were not useful
  • Reduce Attribute now includes MAG and RES if the character has access to these Attributes
  • Reduce Attribute now includes a checkbox to determine whether or not the Metatype Maximum should also be reduced
New Strings
  • Checkbox_BaseArmor
  • Checkbox_DoNotAffectMaximum
Nebular
QUOTE (voydangel @ Jun 22 2012, 12:12 AM) *
When printing character sheets out, Matrix Program groups (Such as the FTL Power user suite) don't print out what is included, it simply prints the name of the package. It would be nice if it said what was in the package and the ratings when printed. Even better would be to just have it print the contents and ratings and leave off the fact that its in a suite package since that's irrelevant during game/after purchase.

Also, I'm curious if you've looked into some of the possible options I asked about (linked below). Just kinda curious for an answer, even if it's no. =)
One of my earlier posts in this thread.
Other earlier suggestion/request post

I haven't really looked into the other items you mentioned in your other posts. I unfortunately haven't had much time to work on this lately. nyahnyah.gif They're on my list of things to do though.
Nebular
QUOTE (McDougle @ Jun 21 2012, 05:15 PM) *
Some Drones from "TOD" seem to be missing Upgrades(I didn´t check all of them):
-Cyberspace Desings Wolfhound: Adaptability 2 Autosoft
-MCT Hachiman: Spotlight, Targetsoft1

The Vehicles file has been updated to correct this. There is no actual item called Spotlight anywhere in Gear or Vehicle Mods, so this has been left off. Targetsoft should also be the Targeting Autosoft (really wish they'd check their books for consistency!).
Nebular
QUOTE (taeksosin @ Jun 26 2012, 09:53 PM) *
Have a quick question regarding conceal scores for weapons. I tried searching through the threads and I don't THINK I saw anything pertinent to this. While making a character, weapons are showing extremely low conceal scores (-18 for a katana, for instance). If I save, quit, and reload the character, the scores are back to being how they should be.

Edit: Also, the SCK Model 100 should come with an internal smartlink.

I think part of the issue for concealment has been cleaned up in today's update. It certainly looks like it at least. There was a hideous issue where selecting a piece of Armor in the Select Armor window would immediately create bonuses instead of waiting until it has actually be purchased and added to the character. This was probably what was happening for this quirky issue as well.

The Weapons data file has been updated to include the missing item.
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Jun 27 2012, 10:54 PM) *
All of the items in the Odds and Ends Gear Category from Arsenal are listed as being from page 61, should be page 62.

I also have a character that has a colt M22A3 assault rifle and when it says it's fully loaded but the ammo drop down says external source instead of the type of ammo loaded.
If I reload it displays correctly but as soon as I save and reload the character the drop down is back to saying external source.
The grenade launcher part of the weapon is properly displaying the grenades loaded. It's just the main weapons that doesn't appear to be working correctly.

Gear has been updated to correct this.

I can't seem to reproduce this Weapon issue either (apparently I can't reproduce most bugs now it seems nyahnyah.gif). This should only happen if the Ammo has gone missing from the character entirely... could you email me your save file so I can see what's up? (nebular@shaw.ca)
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jun 30 2012, 04:48 PM) *
Gear has been updated to correct this.

I can't seem to reproduce this Weapon issue either (apparently I can't reproduce most bugs now it seems nyahnyah.gif). This should only happen if the Ammo has gone missing from the character entirely... could you email me your save file so I can see what's up? (nebular@shaw.ca)

It seems that after having saved the character and reloaded it since the ammo problem happened it's no longer happening.
Amazeroth
When I buy Sustaining Foci (Rating 3 in my case) and choose quantity 2, the program makes an error in calculating the bonding costs. It tells me I only spent 3 karma to bind my foci, but two Sustaining Foci with Rating 3 should cost 12 Karma overall, if I am not mistaken.
Maybe this is a known bug or maybe I am making a mistake, but I wanted to point that out, because I love that program.
SpellBinder
I've not dealt with foci in quantities like that (I like using notes to describe the appearance of the focus, and tracking active vs inactive), and in doing a quick test it looks like Chummer's not programmed to deal with foci in stacks (as opposed to stacked foci).

Which, also, stacked foci are deducting karma based on the first focus, not the sum of all foci.
Tashiro
Could you shift 'Shadow Spirit' into its own category, and split it by Shadow Spirit type? As it stands, you can make a 'generic' Shadow Spirit, and then have to pay for the powers related to the individual types. Much appreciated. (This is for making a critter as summoned / adversary).
wayfinder
Is there anyway to collapse all vehicles plugins on the vehicle tab. I have a player that has decided to buy/steal/hack an army of drones and searching through the list takes forever.
Sengir
CODE
      <attribute>
        <name>MAG</name>
        <base>1</base>
        <total>1</total>
        <min>0</min>
        <max>1</max>
        <aug>1</aug>
        <bp>65</bp>
      </attribute>

65 BP for Rating 0? That's some expensive attribute wink.gif
(Problem also occurs with RES 0)

Plus another thing, though I'm not sure if it's a bug or feature: For a character in Career Mode, the starting money can't be changed via the "Edit Expense" button. Probably does not come up often, but I just had a situation where I wanted to correct the starting cash...and it would probably be useful for groups with houserules on starting money.

EDIT: Two more issues

1.) When the filter field for spell names contains a string which yields results, then one letter is added which results in an unknown name, and then the last letter is deleted, an exception occurs
For example Click "Add Spell" and type in "feri", then hit backspace. Or "controll" and delete the last l.

[ Spoiler ]

2.) The <cost> tags in the printout now contain the calculated costs instead of the formula, which is nice. However, the value now also includes all upgrades, mods, and is adjusted for quantity. If that was a conscious design decision, I'd nevertheless ask you to reconsider it. If the XSLT shall calculate the total cost from the individual costs, that is easy to do with additions and multiplications. Calculating the base cost with divisions and subtractions would require additional checks for negative numbers, decimal places, yadda dadda...
KarmaInferno
- I added Firing Selection Change (FA) to an Ares HVBR, but in Career Mode the "FIRE!" drop-down menu only allows me to select single shot and short burst. The long burst and full-auto are greyed out.

Also, despite being an HV weapon the full auto selection in that menu indicates 10 rounds would be expended, instead of the 12 it should show.

- Enhanced Protein Exchange: Adapsin does not seem to be reducing the Essence costs of implants added after it is applied.

-k
Scarecrow
Ok, so I downloaded Chummer and started using it to create characters for a couple of games that I am going to be involved in, and I've noticed a couple things that should be addressed. I'm very nit-picky, so if these have already been brought up or if I'm on crack, please just say so.

1. I was adding Cyberware, and I added a Commlink. To the Commlink I was able to add an operating system, but I wasn't able to add anything else to it (Response, Firewall, Signal, System, other accessories, etc.). However, when I purchased one in Street Gear, I was able to add any accessory to it that I wanted. Now, I get that when it's implanted you can't necessarily add a lot to it, but why not software or other stuff? Shouldn't you be allowed to update the Commlink instead of having to settle for the base one that's implanted OR purchase a standalone?

2. Knowledge skills drive me crazy, and I'm going crazier by the moment. I have a character who has 24 knowledge skill points, but when I try to give him the ratings I want, I end up burning through the points quickly. Yet if I do the math, I find that I am still way under, even when it shows I have zero points remaining. An example of what I am trying to do, by using the following skillset and ratings:

Japanese, Read/Write N
Japanese, Speak N
English, Read/Write 1
English, Speak 1
Chemistry, Organic 3
Chemistry, Pharmaceuticals 3
Firearms, Ammunition 3
Firearms, Modification 3
Engineering, Chemical 2

You are going to see 2 problems here, and I'll get to the second one in a few moments. Anyhow, this is 18 skill points, right? Wrong. In Chummer, this is well over 24 skill points, and I cannot figure out why. In order to build the character "properly", I have to drop all of the ratings by 1 point, which even shows that I have 2 native languages, in order for the knowledge points to be spent appropriately. Why?

3. As you can see in the above example, I've only spent 18 skill points when I have 24. Why is this? Because the application continuously drops knowledge skills. It seems that after I save a character, something happens where the last few knowledge skills are getting wiped out and are not showing up. This is a real pain because the character that this set came from has already been moved to Career mode, which means if I fudge the karma to get the rest of his missing skills, his career Karma is messed up.

4. In addition to the knowledge skill stuff already presented above, there is yet another issue with this. As shown above, I have Read/Write and Speak for both languages, yet the knowledge skill section shows Read/Write for both. That is, I have 2 Read/Write for English and 2 Read/Write for Japanese. The same holds true for Chemistry - both are showing Organic when one should be Pharmaceutical. I was able to open the XML file and alter the values in there, but they are not showing up in Chummer.

5. I purchased an Ares Antioch-2 grenade launcher, and 12 grenades. When I go to load the grenade launcher, the system gives me the message that I have not purchased any grenade launcher ammo.

I appreciate you looking into this.
SpellBinder
1: I've never elaborated an implanted commlink in the cyberware section. Instead I'll create a new location in the Gear section with a name to indicate that it's the implanted commlink. My take on this is that the implanted commlink in cyberware is like having a spot in your body where any commlink can be plugged in.

2 - 4: Are you adding what you've listed after the comma in the drop down box after the rating? If so, that's for specializations and those consume a knowledge point in the BP system (oddly, in karma there's no cost if you have the free knowledge points enabled) and you're certainly going over 24 knowledge points. Also, unless there's a house rule in effect, speaking and reading/writing a language are specializations of of that skill; you do not need English (Speaking) and English (Read/Write) in order to read/write/speak English, and you're generally considered to automatically pass language checks for your Native language (specializations here are pointless). Same goes for the pharmaceuticals & organic in chemistry, the chemical in engineering, and the ammunition & modification in firearms. You're burning way more points than you need to, because the knowledge skill Chemistry 3 means your skill is at a rating of 3 for anything involving chemistry, including organic and pharmaceutical. As far as I understand, your listing of knowledge skills is actually illegal as you've got multiple specializations for the same skill (an explicit no no).

Your knowledge skills, again assuming you're listing specializations up there, should look something more like this (only 9 knowledge points):

Japanese (N)
English (1)
Chemistry (3)
Firearms (3)
Engineering (2)

Now if you're trying to have the higher dice pools for some skills, like what you listed, you could do something like this (16 knowledge points):

Japanese N
English 3
Chemistry 5
Firearms 5
Engineering (Chemical) 2 (+2)

Do note that those two skills at 5 count against your "2 skills at 5 or 1 skill at 6" limit at character creation.

5: Tested this with about half a dozen different ammo types, just in case there was some mix up. At the moment it seems that grenades and generic ammo selected for grenade launchers is not being recognized as appropriate ammo for any grenade launcher.
Scarecrow
Thank you for the response, Spellbinder. I was not aware that I was actually specializing when doing the knowledge skills, so you would be correct regarding the skills count. However, our GM allowed the character as is, so I'm just going to run with how he is set up (these are knowledge skills and not active skills we are talking about, so I'm not really sure how often they are going to come into play anyhow).
IridiosDZ
QUOTE (Scarecrow @ Jul 10 2012, 02:20 PM) *
1. I was adding Cyberware, and I added a Commlink. To the Commlink I was able to add an operating system, but I wasn't able to add anything else to it (Response, Firewall, Signal, System, other accessories, etc.). However, when I purchased one in Street Gear, I was able to add any accessory to it that I wanted. Now, I get that when it's implanted you can't necessarily add a lot to it, but why not software or other stuff? Shouldn't you be allowed to update the Commlink instead of having to settle for the base one that's implanted OR purchase a standalone?

The cyberware commlink in Chummer is an additional cost on top of a normal commlink found in the street gear section. In essence, you are paying a premium to have a normal commlink implanted. SR4A p.339 First item in the equipment table.

I appreciate you looking into this.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012