Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chummer Character Generator
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
McDougle
Good to see you still so active, Nebular! smile.gif

I´m looking forward to a Shadowrun5-compatible Chummer(I can just hope you go for it). biggrin.gif

p.s.:
Maybe that Chummer would also be mobile compatible(Android for example)? *one can dream*
O'Ryan
I second the desire for a mobile version of chummer!

I'm reasking my question since I think it got glossed over (Or, more likely, I'm blind and y'all can throw things at me!) But! Is there a way to combine tracer ammunition with, say, ADPS? I'm not so worried about the bonuses showing up (Since I think dice pools are all calculated for single shots), but there's got to be a better way to keep track of the ammo than manually manipulating the numbers every time I shoot.

Thanks!
Shaidar
As Tracer ammunition is normally used only every 3rd or 5th round in the magazine(clip)/belt IRL and the SR4 mechanics emulate that set-up; I'm thinking you mean in a single round creating an APDST (Armor Piercing Discarding Sabot Tracer) form the modern miliary acronym. I've used the 25mm APFSDST round in the US Navy.

Unfortunatly, SR4 isn't set-p to do that in the system

Tracer Rounds: Tracer ammo burns “tracers” along the line of flight, making it easier for the shooter to home in on the target. This type of ammunition can only be used in full-auto weapons and is loaded as every third round in a clip. This is an exception to the restriction of one type of ammunition to a clip. Non-smartgun users firing tracer rounds receive a +1 dice pool modifier at all ranges beyond Short when firing a short burst, +2 when firing a long burst, and +3 when firing a full burst.

However, RL has got it so your table could House Rule it. Tracers rounds have little effect when fired Semi-Auto or Single Shot, other than giving the enemy your position. Which is why Special Operations removes them from their belts of linked 7.62 mm for use in the SAWs.
O'Ryan
QUOTE (Shaidar @ May 11 2013, 12:57 PM) *
As Tracer ammunition is normally used only every 3rd or 5th round in the magazine(clip)/belt IRL and the SR4 mechanics emulate that set-up; I'm thinking you mean in a single round creating an APDST (Armor Piercing Discarding Sabot Tracer) form the modern miliary acronym. I've used the 25mm APFSDST round in the US Navy.

Unfortunatly, SR4 isn't set-p to do that in the system

However, RL has got it so your table could House Rule it. Tracers rounds have little effect when fired Semi-Auto or Single Shot, other than giving the enemy your position. Which is why Special Operations removes them from their belts of linked 7.62 mm for use in the SAWs.

Er... by your own quote, Sr4 is set up to use tracers in a mixed clip. My question is, is Chummer set up to facilitate that, so when using, say, a LMG with a laser sight, tracers, and the APDS ammunition detailed on page 323 of SR4A, firing full auto uses up 7 rounds of said APDS and 3 of tracer.

Edit: My current set up is to set each belt in its own gear pile of 70 whatever and 30 tracer. To fire full bursts I currently fire a long burst and a single shot of AMMO, and then fire a short burst of tracer. My question, to rephrase, is: Is there an easier way in Chummer of doing this bookkeeping?
SpellBinder
To my knowledge, no, Chummer is not set to recognize mixed ammo in a single magazine.
Dakka Dakka
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ May 12 2013, 09:00 AM) *
To my knowledge, no, Chummer is not set to recognize mixed ammo in a single magazine.
It could be accomplished if you inserted new types of ammo: Tracer (regular), Tracer (SnS) etc. with a cost of (2*desired ammo+1*tracer)/3. You can't use all tracer anyways.

The interesting thing though is that the combination of tracer and SnS or ExEx is cheaper and better than using just SnS or ExEx.
Nebular
Build 476
  • added an option to only download language updates for your chosen language instead of all languages
  • fixed an issue where Armor Mods that cost a percentage of the base Armor's cost may cause an error to be thrown when their final cost resulted in a decimal
  • Power Foci and Spellcasting Foci now have a precedence set so that only the highest active value of each is used (must select Special > Re-apply Improvements to fix existing Foci)
  • Skills now properly handled Skill Attribute precedence
New Strings
  • Checkbox_Options_LocalisedUpdatesOnly
SpellBinder
I wish I had taken a look at the code for Power foci sooner. Power foci do add dice to Counterspelling when a magician uses the skill in an attempt to dispell a sustained or quickened spell (SR4a, page 185, bottom right). They do not add to Counterspelling when resisting a spell as it's being cast, which uses different attributes, but Chummer does track the skill with the Magic attribute.
Cube
I have a question. I love Chummer, and it has helped me a ton in creating several of the weird character ideas I've had.

So I was curious if there was any chance of some of the Rigger 4 stuff being added? I've tried to add some stuff in a custom datapack, but I can't seem to get it to work.
Nebular
QUOTE (Cube @ May 14 2013, 05:44 PM) *
I have a question. I love Chummer, and it has helped me a ton in creating several of the weird character ideas I've had.

So I was curious if there was any chance of some of the Rigger 4 stuff being added? I've tried to add some stuff in a custom datapack, but I can't seem to get it to work.

Rigger 4 has been added to the Data category in Omae. smile.gif
Cube
Really? Sweet! Thank you!
fmatte
When loading ammo with special bonus (like AP bonus or damage bonus), Chummer takes it into effect when loading a weapon. Can you modify it so that it takes into account the 20% range penalty when using Subsonic Ammunition from Arsenal (p. 35)?
Nebular
QUOTE (fmatte @ May 16 2013, 09:18 AM) *
When loading ammo with special bonus (like AP bonus or damage bonus), Chummer takes it into effect when loading a weapon. Can you modify it so that it takes into account the 20% range penalty when using Subsonic Ammunition from Arsenal (p. 35)?

I've updated the Gear file so that Subsonic Ammo has its Range penalty.
Backgammon
I tried finding this in the wiki, maybe I just didn't look hard enough, but how do I create a Cyborg in chummer?

Thanks
Nebular
QUOTE (Backgammon @ May 16 2013, 11:03 AM) *
I tried finding this in the wiki, maybe I just didn't look hard enough, but how do I create a Cyborg in chummer?

Thanks

Do you mean a Cyberzombie? If that's the case, you can turn a character into a Cyberzombie by going to Special > Convert to Cyberzombie. You'll need to have an Essence below 0 and have the Invoked Memory Stimulator Cyberware installed.
SpellBinder
I think he means a "jar head".
Backgammon
Correct, Jarhead. I actually saw a Chummer release log that said cyborgs are supported... just can't find out how to make one
SpellBinder
I haven't tried messing with this in a long while, and tried by making a custom metatype for a race (as a brain in a bottle doesn't have physical stats). Didn't work out too well.
Kiirnodel
A quick little glitch that I noticed. The Spell Body Glove is listed as having a source of LoP, when it seems like it should be LOP. Notice the capital letter 'O', a minor that I've already fixed in my spells data file, but it should probably be fixed for everyone.

Off hand, I'm not sure if it was actually a problem with the spells or the book, I fixed it in the spells data file, but I haven't checked for consistency in any other files...
SpellBinder
Funny, as I just checked the data files on my end and found that it was listed as "LOP" already.
Shiwo
Greetings,

It is possible to create an Alphaware Grade Cyberware Suite? I tried to create a new one, and choosed Alphaware cybers only, but the Suite's Grade was "Chummer.Grade" on the "Select a Cyberware Suite" window, and after I choosed it with the OK button, the character got Standard Grade variant cybers with Standard Essence Cost (x0.9).

Regards,
Shiwo
bannockburn
Yes, you can, but you'll have to edit the suite in the custom_cyberware.xml file. You'll find the name of the cybersuite there, just change the grade to Alphaware (case sensitive, iirc). It will only work as Alpha grade, though, so if you want a different grade, you'll have to create an identical suite and give it the appropriate grade yourself. C&P in the .xml is the easiest way to do this.
Shiwo
QUOTE (bannockburn @ May 18 2013, 01:06 PM) *
Yes, you can, but you'll have to edit the suite in the custom_cyberware.xml file. You'll find the name of the cybersuite there, just change the grade to Alphaware (case sensitive, iirc). It will only work as Alpha grade, though, so if you want a different grade, you'll have to create an identical suite and give it the appropriate grade yourself. C&P in the .xml is the easiest way to do this.

okey, thanks
Nebular
QUOTE (Backgammon @ May 16 2013, 05:36 PM) *
Correct, Jarhead. I actually saw a Chummer release log that said cyborgs are supported... just can't find out how to make one

Ah, I see. Forgot there was the Cyborg types from Augmentation. Unfortunately this isn't something that Chummer handles since it is basically a drone with character attributes.
Nebular
QUOTE (Kiirnodel @ May 17 2013, 10:03 AM) *
A quick little glitch that I noticed. The Spell Body Glove is listed as having a source of LoP, when it seems like it should be LOP. Notice the capital letter 'O', a minor that I've already fixed in my spells data file, but it should probably be fixed for everyone.

Off hand, I'm not sure if it was actually a problem with the spells or the book, I fixed it in the spells data file, but I haven't checked for consistency in any other files...
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ May 17 2013, 02:40 PM) *
Funny, as I just checked the data files on my end and found that it was listed as "LOP" already.
Just checked my version (non-dev one) and it's listed as LOP with a capital O as well. Not sure why yours was with a lower case one.
Shiwo
Greetings again (:

Under Infiltration skill in the pop-up window I got the following information:

Skill Rating (5) + Agi (5) + Rating Modifier (1) + 7f9187e9-feddd-4958-a8f0-26d5680c5af (1)

I think the long HEX number should be the Ninjutsu Martial Art's Advantage

(Rating Modifier will be the "Reflex Recorder (Skill) (Infiltration)", because it works properly with other skills)

Regards,
Shiwo
SpellBinder
Yup. I get a completely different Hex code, but I still got the same result.

The same happens with Kiai (Tai Chi Ch'uan) if the +1 Intimidation advantage is chosen (all completely different Hex codes each time), and I'd wager it'll also happen with any custom martial art that adds dice to a skill.
ShadowWalker
Just noticed a bug.
If you have the house rule, "Essence Loss Only Reduces MAG/RES Maximum" selected and your magic is at max it does not decrease your magic attribute or max attribute when essence is lost.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ May 18 2013, 03:53 PM) *
Ah, I see. Forgot there was the Cyborg types from Augmentation. Unfortunately this isn't something that Chummer handles since it is basically a drone with character attributes.

Wouldn't be that hard to add.
Add the CCU as a piece of cyberware that costs 6 essence.
Allow for the ability to add a hot sim enabled commlink to it.
Also have a simsence booster control rig and rating 6 damage compensator built in to the CCU stat block.

That covers the conversion to Cyborg. As for the physical stats have a check box on each drone that has Cyborg Adaption installed. If the check box is checked use the rules on page 169 of augmentation to calculate the physical stats. If no drone has a checkbox checked then set the stats to zero.
SpellBinder
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ May 20 2013, 09:43 AM) *
Just noticed a bug.
If you have the house rule, "Essence Loss Only Reduces MAG/RES Maximum" selected and your magic is at max it does not decrease your magic attribute or max attribute when essence is lost.
You can still go to Special > Reduce Attribute and choose MAG or RES to reduce the attribute once it's been settled that the character's MAG/RES is reduced. I've come to like it this other way when dealing with cybered awakened/emerged characters when their implants are changed.
Machine Ghost
Context: Windows 7 64bit, Chummer version .476, build mode

UN114 Program Options says that autosofts may be equipped with program options (to rating / 2), but all of the autosofts seem to have a slot count of 0, and adding optimization (or other options) to them shows -1 remaining.
Machine Ghost

Matrix programs, including Firewall, Pilot, and System show a checkbox to mark them as hacked. The matching drone modifications do not. Should they?

Same for 'add as plugin' for commlinks. The matrix program entry can be flagged as hacked, but the commlink operating system upgrade can not be.

The related device attribute only gets updated if the modification or upgrade is used. Not when the matrix program is added.

Or should those items not exist in the matrix programs list?
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ May 20 2013, 01:32 PM) *
You can still go to Special > Reduce Attribute and choose MAG or RES to reduce the attribute once it's been settled that the character's MAG/RES is reduced. I've come to like it this other way when dealing with cybered awakened/emerged characters when their implants are changed.

also noticed that when this happens and you undo the purchase, in the nuyen list, it increases your mag/res as if it had originally decreased it.
Mantis
Getting the following error when trying to buy spell formulas in either creation or career mode. After selecting to continue, the field in the pop up window to select spells is blank.

[ Spoiler ]
Nebular
QUOTE (Shiwo @ May 19 2013, 11:43 AM) *
Greetings again (:

Under Infiltration skill in the pop-up window I got the following information:

Skill Rating (5) + Agi (5) + Rating Modifier (1) + 7f9187e9-feddd-4958-a8f0-26d5680c5af (1)

I think the long HEX number should be the Ninjutsu Martial Art's Advantage

(Rating Modifier will be the "Reflex Recorder (Skill) (Infiltration)", because it works properly with other skills)

Regards,
Shiwo

Whoops! For whatever reason the logic for looking up a Martial Art Advantage's name when displaying the tooltip simply doesn't exist so it just gives up and uses the internal ID it has stamped on it. I'll have this fixed in the next update.
Nebular
QUOTE (Mantis @ May 21 2013, 09:05 PM) *
Getting the following error when trying to buy spell formulas in either creation or career mode. After selecting to continue, the field in the pop up window to select spells is blank.

Fixed in the next update.
Nebular
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ May 20 2013, 12:52 PM) *

UN114 Program Options says that autosofts may be equipped with program options (to rating / 2), but all of the autosofts seem to have a slot count of 0, and adding optimization (or other options) to them shows -1 remaining.

Gear file has been updated to fix this.
Nebular
Build 478
  • Gear now retains its given name when moved between a character's Gear and Vehicle
  • when moving Gear between the character's Gear and Vehicles, items must also have matching custom/assigned names and notes in order to be considered a match and stack
  • fixed an issue where Martial Art Advantages would show their ID instead of their Name in tooltips
  • fixed an issue where purchasing a Spell Formula would cause the Select Spell window to throw an error
  • changed how Essence Loss is calculated when the Essence Loss Only Reduces MAG/RES Maximum house rule is turned on in Career Mode
  • changed when Essence Loss is calculated when updating displayed Attribute values in Career Mode
cndblank
QUOTE (cndblank @ Mar 19 2013, 12:13 PM) *
Is anyone else using Omae and finding when they do a search, that only the first character has a name?
The rest of the characters don't show the top line.

I found the problem. It was a Microsoft and PEBKAC problem (Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair).

I had my Windows 7 screen resolution settings set up to make the text 125% the normal size.

Set it back to 100% and I could see the first line of the Omae uploads again.

Sorry for the confusion.

Nebular
QUOTE (cndblank @ May 24 2013, 12:54 PM) *
I found the problem. It was a Microsoft and PEBKAC problem (Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair).

I had my Windows 7 screen resolution settings set up to make the text 125% the normal size.

Set it back to 100% and I could see the first line of the Omae uploads again.

Sorry for the confusion.

No worries. biggrin.gif For whatever reason, Windows 7 defaults to that font size. You'd think the default size would be 100% and the rest are +/-, but that's what they went with. wobble.gif
Glacius
Hi, i think Chummer is missing the potions and poultices from Parabotany like Angel's Vitae. Those are quite important, so it would be nice to have them. If they are already implemented, pls tell me where to find them.^^
Nebular
QUOTE (Glacius @ May 26 2013, 03:18 AM) *
Hi, i think Chummer is missing the potions and poultices from Parabotany like Angel's Vitae. Those are quite important, so it would be nice to have them. If they are already implemented, pls tell me where to find them.^^

I've updated the Gear data file to add these items.
Shaidar
Would it be possible to get an Option to enable the 2050 rule tweaks?

Such as:

Disallowing Hermetic Mages from taking the Summoning Skill & Shamen from taking the Binding Skill
Allowing Hermetic Mages to Bind Spirits with the Binding Skill
Use Cyberdecks as opposed to Comlinks for Matrix Action calculations.
SpellBinder
On the subject of missing items, would it be possible to get the Reagents from Street Magic added? There's a chart on page 185-186 that details the costs and availabilities for several types.
KnightAries
So one of the thing I'd like to see in chummer (unless I'm missing how to do it) is the ability to create a cluster using commlinks and/or other devices as detailed in unwired pg 55.
Nal0n
Well, no bugs here!

Just wanted to say "Great Tool, thanks a LOT!" and "Keep up the good Work!"

I hope this does not offend anyone...
Mantis
It won't offend anyone. Nebular is powered by praise. The more we give him, the faster he works. Keep it coming. nyahnyah.gif
bannockburn
A typo: Clorophlash Skin instead of Chloroplast Skin smile.gif
SpellBinder
For consistency of the equipment, could the Bloodhound Drone Olfactory and the MSOS Mk I sensors be moved into the Sensor Functions category? These are detailed in Spy Games, page 156.
Nebular
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ May 27 2013, 01:40 AM) *
On the subject of missing items, would it be possible to get the Reagents from Street Magic added? There's a chart on page 185-186 that details the costs and availabilities for several types.
QUOTE (bannockburn @ May 30 2013, 05:45 AM) *
A typo: Clorophlash Skin instead of Chloroplast Skin smile.gif
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ May 30 2013, 07:49 PM) *
For consistency of the equipment, could the Bloodhound Drone Olfactory and the MSOS Mk I sensors be moved into the Sensor Functions category? These are detailed in Spy Games, page 156.

I've updated the data files to correct these. The files have also bee updated to include all of the stuff found in the new Euro War Antiques book!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012