Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chummer Character Generator
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
karhig
QUOTE (Nebular @ Apr 10 2012, 12:12 AM) *
There is no mechanism for re-reading the XML for equipment. Removing and re-adding them is the only way around this. It's setup this way so that if the custom data file goes missing (or is not present on the laptop you copy the character to for example), the character is still usable since they have a copy of it. This isn't something I plan on changing.

I have added support for multiple Underbarrel Weapons in the new update, as I'll describe below. biggrin.gif

One out of two requested completed in a day isn't too shabby wink.gif Thanks smile.gif

I understand the motivation to not re-read the weapon every time to ensure that data doesn't 'vanish' if the datafile is missing, but a manual re-read wouldn't prevent this functionality as it would be triggered by the user on-demand. You could even put a sanity check on it so that if an item of the same name isn't found in the datafiles, no re-read is performed. Go on, you know you want to biggrin.gif
Hellfire
QUOTE (Nebular @ Apr 7 2012, 04:29 PM) *
I'll have the error fixed in the next update. As for them appearing, there are a few conditions. For Activesofts, the character needs to have access to Skillwires - either from Skillwires, Stirrup Interface or Move-by-Wire System pieces of Cyberware, or the Biowire Echo. For Knowsofts or Linguasofts, the character needs a Datajack or Sim Module, or a Custom Improvement that gives them Skillsoft Access. You also need to add the Skill to their Knowledge Skill list at Rating 0. The Skill name must match the value you selected for the Knowsoft/Linguasoft. For example, if you selected a Linguasoft and Spanish as its value, you'd need to add a new Knowledge Skill, enter Spanish as its name, and select Language for its category.

EDIT: Since the Skillsoft thing is coming up more frequently, I've put together a how-to page for them on the Chummer Wiki. smile.gif

Thanks for the update, now chummer doesn't throw an error when trying to equip/unequip hacked skillsoft, however the skill is still not added to the character even though all other requirements are met (skillwire at appr. level and datajack), I have tried it with hacked Software, Negotiation and Con skillsofts.
btw. adding hacked skillsoft clusters (like Manadyne Archmage) shows all skills when printing the character or selecting the "skills" register, however in this case only the parent group is marked "hacked", not the individual sub-software. I therefore guess that it has something to do with the "hacked" marking.

best regards
Hellfire
Buccaneer
Could you please exclude the safehousecosts from the result file of the "Verify Data File" function? There is no need to translate them so they needn't to be written in the file.
Nebular
QUOTE (Hellfire @ Apr 10 2012, 05:07 AM) *
Thanks for the update, now chummer doesn't throw an error when trying to equip/unequip hacked skillsoft, however the skill is still not added to the character even though all other requirements are met (skillwire at appr. level and datajack), I have tried it with hacked Software, Negotiation and Con skillsofts.
btw. adding hacked skillsoft clusters (like Manadyne Archmage) shows all skills when printing the character or selecting the "skills" register, however in this case only the parent group is marked "hacked", not the individual sub-software. I therefore guess that it has something to do with the "hacked" marking.

best regards
Hellfire

Gah! Never even occurred to me that the Hacked bit would cause it to not match. I'll have this fixed in the next update.
Nebular
QUOTE (Buccaneer @ Apr 10 2012, 05:22 AM) *
Could you please exclude the safehousecosts from the result file of the "Verify Data File" function? There is no need to translate them so they needn't to be written in the file.

Completely forgot there was an exception for Lifestyles in the validation code. I'll add the one for <safehousecosts> in the next update.
Makki
1. I had a rare problem only occuring once in a special case: I grabed Stealth Group at 4 during Chargen and it was grayed out later during career mode impossible to improve with karma.

2. If I have a character with a magic or resonance attribute, e.g. Ghoul or TM etc., and install 'ware for my essence to drop, the programm instantly calculates BP cost for special attribute in order to maintain at least MAG/RES 1. So far, correct. However, if I decide to have an MAG/RES attribute of 0, this should not cost me any BP. Sure, this would be a rediculous decision for a mage or a TM, but an Infected can very well have zero magic.

Edit: 2nd seems to work once I drop beneath 1 Essence
Nebular
QUOTE (Makki @ Apr 11 2012, 10:14 AM) *
1. I had a rare problem only occuring once in a special case: I grabed Stealth Group at 4 during Chargen and it was grayed out later during career mode impossible to improve with karma.

2. If I have a character with a magic or resonance attribute, e.g. Ghoul or TM etc., and install 'ware for my essence to drop, the programm instantly calculates BP cost for special attribute in order to maintain at least MAG/RES 1. So far, correct. However, if I decide to have an MAG/RES attribute of 0, this should not cost me any BP. Sure, this would be a rediculous decision for a mage or a TM, but an Infected can very well have zero magic.

Edit: 2nd seems to work once I drop beneath 1 Essence

#1 was fixed up a few builds ago. If this is affecting a character that was made, you can unlock the Skill Group by editing their save file and changing <broken>True</broken> to <broken>False</broken> for the Skill Group.

I'll have #2 fixed up in tomorrow's update. If you set MAG/RES to 0, regardless of being forced to it from burnout, it will cost you 0 BP/Karma.
Nebular
QUOTE (Tashiro @ Apr 9 2012, 08:49 PM) *
Is there a chance of having a 're-roll failed dice' option for the dice roller, for when someone spends an edge to re-roll dice? Have it add the Hits from the re-roll to the Hits for the first roll.

It'll be in tomorrow's update. Might push it out tonight if nothing else big comes up in the next few hours.
Nebular
Something has to go right this week. Hopefully it's this. nyahnyah.gif

Build 363
  • <safehousecosts /> in lifestyles.xml is now ignored when validating the contents of data file translations
  • Hacked Skillsofts are now correctly applied to Skills
  • character Gear and Vehicle Gear are no longer limited to being 4 layers deep
  • attempting to move Gear to one of its plugins now prevents the attempt instead of throwing an error
  • added support for Locations within Vehicles (Gear can be moved to Locations by dragging and dropping with the right mouse button in the same manner as the Gear tab)
  • setting MAG or RES to 0 when it is not forced to this value because of burnout now reduces its BP/Karma cost to 0
  • added a Re-Roll Misses button to the Dice Roller window to re-roll all dice that did not score a Hit
  • corrected the tab order in all windows
New Strings
  • Button_DiceRoller_RollMisses
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Apr 11 2012, 05:42 PM) *
Something has to go right this week. Hopefully it's this. nyahnyah.gif

Build 363
  • <safehousecosts /> in lifestyles.xml is now ignored when validating the contents of data file translations
  • Hacked Skillsofts are now correctly applied to Skills
  • character Gear and Vehicle Gear are no longer limited to being 4 layers deep
  • attempting to move Gear to one of its plugins now prevents the attempt instead of throwing an error
  • added support for Locations within Vehicles (Gear can be moved to Locations by dragging and dropping with the right mouse button in the same manner as the Gear tab)
  • setting MAG or RES to 0 when it is not forced to this value because of burnout now reduces its BP/Karma cost to 0
  • added a Re-Roll Misses button to the Dice Roller window to re-roll all dice that did not score a Hit
  • corrected the tab order in all windows
New Strings
  • Button_DiceRoller_RollMisses

Awsome!!
One question, how do you delete locations? Just noticed you can't delete them in gear or vehicles.
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Apr 12 2012, 03:09 PM) *
Awsome!!
One question, how do you delete locations? Just noticed you can't delete them in gear or vehicles.

Just need to select the Location then click the Delete Vehicle button (or hit the Delete key). The button's text is a little... misleading. nyahnyah.gif It also asks you to confirm twice. Once "Are you sure you want to delete this Vehicle/Plugin" and once for "Are you sure you want to delete this Vehicle Location." wobble.gif
Nebular
Build 365
  • pressing the up and down arrows while the search field has focus now selects the next/previous item in the list in the Select Spell and Select Complex Form windows
  • fixed an issue where selecting Gear that is a Cyberware plugin could occasionally result in an error being thrown
  • deleting a Vehicle Location no longer asks you to confirm deleting the item twice
  • all buttons that delete items are now simply labeled as Delete since the tab and selected item provide the context (and were never consistently applied using their old ones)
Delete Strings
  • Button_DeleteQuality
  • Button_DeleteSpell
  • Button_DeleteComplexForm
  • Button_DeleteCritterPower
  • Button_DeleteMetamagic
  • Button_DeleteEcho
  • Button_DeleteLifestyle
  • Button_DeleteArmor
  • Button_DeleteWeapon
  • Button_DeleteGear
  • Button_DeleteVehicle
  • Button_DeleteMod
  • Button_DeleteAccessory
  • Button_DeleteImprovement
TeChameleon
Love this program, it's made getting into Shadowrun a lot easier. Kudos and thanks!

Ran into kind of an oddball glitch when attempting to set up a Troll Adept, though- at least, assuming my newbness with Shadowrun isn't tripping me up someplace.

I took the Exceptional Attribute (AGI) quality on him, set his agility to 5, and then took the Improved Attribute (AGI) to get the agility to 6 on the cheap (or at least cheaper than 25 BP). Thing is, Chummer seems to have decided that increasing it to six was above the trollish racial max, despite the Exception Attribute (AGI) quality, and charged double the Power Point cost for it.

So... is that actually a glitch, or is there some kind of rule that makes Exceptional Attribute basically useless with Adept Powers except as a way to raise your boosted max? Because if there is, that kind of sucks given how expensive the quality is >.<
ShadowWalker
When I add a commlink to the cyberware commlink it works fine, but as soon as I try to add anything to the commlink I get an exception. Can't delete the Commlink either.
Also I am getting exceptions when I try to add mods to helmets and full helmets.
Also get an exception when I try to do an Add & More, and when I click on the mod after it's added. Can't delete the Mod either.
SpellBinder
Just did a quick test to see if I could get the same results as TeChameleon, and I did. I also tested the Metagenetic Improvement quality and Genetic Optimization gene treatment and all return the same results with Improved Physical Attribute adept power; only tested with the troll/agility scenario, but I expect the results will be the same across the board.

As each are written, they all improve the natural maximum of whatever attribute they are chosen for (and AFAIK they stack this way, too). The adept power does directly state that exceeding your natural maximum then costs double the power points. I would say this is a major glitch, though I find it interesting that the BP cost calculates as it's supposed to.

Added: I can't duplicate ShadowWalker's cyberware commlink issue with a new character file, nor an older one (as long as I remove and re-add the cyberware commlink; not doing that throws a "you can't do that" kind of message instead). Did get the helmets issue with an older character file, but not a new one. Note that this is also by adding a new helmet to an older character as said character file didn't have a helmet in his inventory to begin with.
Makki
would you mind adding the Huitzilpochtli Cyborg drone from Ghost Cartels?
Nebular
QUOTE (TeChameleon @ Apr 13 2012, 09:55 PM) *
Love this program, it's made getting into Shadowrun a lot easier. Kudos and thanks!

Ran into kind of an oddball glitch when attempting to set up a Troll Adept, though- at least, assuming my newbness with Shadowrun isn't tripping me up someplace.

I took the Exceptional Attribute (AGI) quality on him, set his agility to 5, and then took the Improved Attribute (AGI) to get the agility to 6 on the cheap (or at least cheaper than 25 BP). Thing is, Chummer seems to have decided that increasing it to six was above the trollish racial max, despite the Exception Attribute (AGI) quality, and charged double the Power Point cost for it.

So... is that actually a glitch, or is there some kind of rule that makes Exceptional Attribute basically useless with Adept Powers except as a way to raise your boosted max? Because if there is, that kind of sucks given how expensive the quality is >.<

Whoops! Yes, this is indeed a bug. It's using the Metatype's natural maximums instead of including any improvements to the natural maximum, such as the one from Exceptional Attribute! I'll have this fixed in the next update.
Nebular
QUOTE (Makki @ Apr 14 2012, 08:40 AM) *
would you mind adding the Huitzilpochtli Cyborg drone from Ghost Cartels?

Tried searching for "Huitzilpochtli" and "drone" separately and I can't seem to find it. What page is it on?
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Apr 13 2012, 10:28 PM) *
When I add a commlink to the cyberware commlink it works fine, but as soon as I try to add anything to the commlink I get an exception. Can't delete the Commlink either.

This was a problem with the previous build I found while putting together a few NPCs. It was fixed in last night's update (build 365).

QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Apr 13 2012, 10:28 PM) *
Also I am getting exceptions when I try to add mods to helmets and full helmets.
Also get an exception when I try to do an Add & More, and when I click on the mod after it's added. Can't delete the Mod either.

Found the problem! It's a side-effect of having to change how everything finds Gear with the recent modification to allow the infinite number of plugins. I'll have this fixed in the next update. For now, clicking Continue when you get the error will let you keep working.
Hellfire
Just noticed a few glitches:

- False front bioware (with or without mimic) currently adds twice its level to disguise skill, it should only by the level of the ware.
- Damage compensators seem to add their level between each CM penalty interval, they should only add the rating before the first CM penalty, as they only allow to ignore their level damage boxes total.
- if a char gets the quality "aptitude" through karma during career mode, you still cannot increase the skill beyond 6, only after saving and reloading.
- Fichetti Tiffany Needler, Raecor Sting, Ares Viper Slivergun should have AP +2 according to SR4A and reprinted Arsenal, same with Remington Roomsweeper with Flechettes, Mossberg AM-CMDT, Remington 990 with Flechettes and the Street Sweeper shotguns. I know this has been different in the "old" SR4 edition (it had been changed by errata), however according to my knowledge there is no official errata changing these weapon stats in SR4A. Even the latest November 2011 reprint of the SR4A rulebook still show these weapons with above AP values. Or are there any other RAW / official errata for SR4A that I don't know?

best regards
Hellfire
Nebular
QUOTE (Hellfire @ Apr 14 2012, 01:38 PM) *
Just noticed a few glitches:

- False front bioware (with or without mimic) currently adds twice its level to disguise skill, it should only by the level of the ware.
- Damage compensators seem to add their level between each CM penalty interval, they should only add the rating before the first CM penalty, as they only allow to ignore their level damage boxes total.
- if a char gets the quality "aptitude" through karma during career mode, you still cannot increase the skill beyond 6, only after saving and reloading.
- Fichetti Tiffany Needler, Raecor Sting, Ares Viper Slivergun should have AP +2 according to SR4A and reprinted Arsenal, same with Remington Roomsweeper with Flechettes, Mossberg AM-CMDT, Remington 990 with Flechettes and the Street Sweeper shotguns. I know this has been different in the "old" SR4 edition (it had been changed by errata), however according to my knowledge there is no official errata changing these weapon stats in SR4A. Even the latest November 2011 reprint of the SR4A rulebook still show these weapons with above AP values. Or are there any other RAW / official errata for SR4A that I don't know?

best regards
Hellfire

The Weapons you mentioned are all flechette weapons. As per the flechette rules from SR4A, flechette weapons should be +5 AP. The Runner's Toolkit is newer than the SR4A book and is the only one where they are correctly presented as having +5 AP. (I believe this was also raised on the SR4 forums right after the Runner's Toolkit came out and the Toolkit's version is supposed to be the correct one - despite its other misprints like Adept Power costs.)

I've updated the Bioware file so that the Damage Compensators apply to the Threshold's starting place instead of the distance between Thresholds.

The rest will be fixed in the next update.
KarmaInferno
QUOTE (Nebular @ Apr 14 2012, 11:35 AM) *
Tried searching for "Huitzilpochtli" and "drone" separately and I can't seem to find it. What page is it on?

Ghost Cartels, page 160

CODE
Huitzilopochtli Cyborg Bodyguard
   Reverse engineered from the popular Otomo model, AZT's Huitzilopochtli is a new entry into the cyborg market.

Hand Accel Speed Pilot Body Armor Sensor Avail Cost
   +1   6/12  30    -     7    15    5      24R   175,000¥
   Upgrades and Mods: Armor (Concealed), Cyborg adaptation, Improved Sensor Array, Mechanical arm (2), Mimic (Rating 3), Touch Sensors

...annnd my pixie knows what drone she wants now.

smile.gif

-k
Nebular
QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ Apr 14 2012, 10:27 PM) *
Ghost Cartels, page 160
...annnd my pixie knows what drone she wants now.

Ah, there it is! I've updated the Vehicles data file to include this and the DocWagon HTR as well.
brumguvnor
I just found the Chummer character creator and I am blown away; a ton of work has gone into this and I think the software - and the creators - are just excellent!

Is it just me, or is there no way to select nanotattoos in gear or bioware?
Makki
QUOTE (Nebular @ Apr 6 2012, 12:00 AM) *
Build 358[list]
[*]added options to print alternate uses for the Leadership and Arcana Skills on the character sheet (from War! and Street Magic respectively)

This seems not to work properly.

With both Options unchecked, they are still listed in the print.
Also, the new additional skills are not listed as Magical Skill and Social Skill, respectively, but have their own category: "Skill" and "Influence Skill", respectively.
Hellfire
QUOTE (Nebular @ Apr 14 2012, 09:16 PM) *
The Weapons you mentioned are all flechette weapons. As per the flechette rules from SR4A, flechette weapons should be +5 AP. The Runner's Toolkit is newer than the SR4A book and is the only one where they are correctly presented as having +5 AP. (I believe this was also raised on the SR4 forums right after the Runner's Toolkit came out and the Toolkit's version is supposed to be the correct one - despite its other misprints like Adept Power costs.)

I've updated the Bioware file so that the Damage Compensators apply to the Threshold's starting place instead of the distance between Thresholds.

The rest will be fixed in the next update.

OK, thanks, I don't have the runner's toolkit, however the latest reprint of the SR4A rulebook which should include all the latest errata came out later (Nov 2011). Also the ammunition’s Damage Modifier and AP Modifier are added to the weapon’s usual DV and AP. For example, an Ares Predator IV (DV 5, AP –1) with APDS (AP –4) would have a modified Damage Code of DV 5, AP –5. (SR4A p 323)

So, something doesn't add up: Flechette. DV +2 AP +5

Every weapon which calls out flechette in the stats seems to keep that whole +5 AP according to the old runner's toolkit (I haven't checked the latest reprint), even if the base weapon usually has an AP of -1.

So, for example the Remmington 990 is 7P -1AP or 9P(f) +5AP with flechettes. So this means that it's worse at shooting flechettes than any other shotgun?
If you put flechettes in a Defiance T-250 shotgun, it does 9P +4AP by the ammunition rules above.
Does not make any sense, does it?
It actually does make more sense, at least for me, that weapons especially designed to fire flechettes, or only be able to fire flechettes, should be a bit better than "general" guns using flechette ammo.
Nebular
QUOTE (Hellfire @ Apr 15 2012, 07:52 AM) *
OK, thanks, I don't have the runner's toolkit, however the latest reprint of the SR4A rulebook which should include all the latest errata came out later (Nov 2011). Also the ammunition’s Damage Modifier and AP Modifier are added to the weapon’s usual DV and AP. For example, an Ares Predator IV (DV 5, AP –1) with APDS (AP –4) would have a modified Damage Code of DV 5, AP –5. (SR4A p 323)

So, something doesn't add up: Flechette. DV +2 AP +5

Every weapon which calls out flechette in the stats seems to keep that whole +5 AP according to the old runner's toolkit (I haven't checked the latest reprint), even if the base weapon usually has an AP of -1.

So, for example the Remmington 990 is 7P -1AP or 9P(f) +5AP with flechettes. So this means that it's worse at shooting flechettes than any other shotgun?
If you put flechettes in a Defiance T-250 shotgun, it does 9P +4AP by the ammunition rules above.
Does not make any sense, does it?
It actually does make more sense, at least for me, that weapons especially designed to fire flechettes, or only be able to fire flechettes, should be a bit better than "general" guns using flechette ammo.

I've emailed them to get them to clarify this. Hopefully I'll hear something soon.
Nebular
QUOTE (brumguvnor @ Apr 15 2012, 04:16 AM) *
I just found the Chummer character creator and I am blown away; a ton of work has gone into this and I think the software - and the creators - are just excellent!

Is it just me, or is there no way to select nanotattoos in gear or bioware?

Nanotattoos are in Gear under the Nanoware category. You'll need to have Augmentation enabled in your list of sourcebooks to get this to show up.
Nebular
QUOTE (Makki @ Apr 15 2012, 07:42 AM) *
This seems not to work properly.

With both Options unchecked, they are still listed in the print.
Also, the new additional skills are not listed as Magical Skill and Social Skill, respectively, but have their own category: "Skill" and "Influence Skill", respectively.

The options seem to be working properly with the latest build. The standard Leadership and Arcana will always show if you have Ratings in them but the advanced versions only appear when their appropriate options are checked. These are setting-specific options though, so if you have multiple settings files, it's possible that the options were turned on in the one the character is actually using but turned off in another one instead of the one there character is set to use. Or if the options have been disabled while the character is still open, you'd need to close the character, then re-open them so they pick up the new options.

Bah! When I'm creating the advanced versions of those Skills, I'm setting the Skill Category to match the base Skill's Group instead of it's Category. wobble.gif I'll have this fixed in the next update.
SpellBinder
All the flechette weapons I've seen are AP +5 no matter what. As Yerameyahu posted in another thread, "Apparently you ignore the base AP (maybe it's only for slug-type ammo). smile.gif", and I'm inclined to think the same.
groduick
Hello there,

first of all thanks for the wonderful tool.
I've translated the text-only character sheet in french.
As I don't know anything about xsl, it needs a little bit of checking, especially the spacing.

[ Spoiler ]

And here is the result:
[ Spoiler ]

As you can see, there's a problem with spacing in the "Attributs Derives" (Derivated Attributes) section.
I hope this is going to help a few runners out there, and I'm planning to translate the other sheets as well.

Now for the complaints:
-it would be easier in the character viewer to be able to use the Ctrl+A shortcut to select all the sheet's content;
-for my ammo, I buy several Spare Clips for Each weapon, and I load them with the required number of ammo (I find it more convenient to keep track of spare clips). But when I'm using the ammo manager in created mode (the FIRE! button), the total number of ammo doesn't shows properly. For example, if I buy 5 Spare Clips loaded with 42 EX-Explosives for my Ares Alpha, when I'm trying to load my gun, I've only 42 EX-Explosives left (one clip), and not the 5x42=210. Guess the program doesn't check if the ammo is part of a stack or not. It's easily fixed by splitting the stack of Spare Clips, but it's a minor inconvenience to do.
brumguvnor
see? - I told you it was most likely all my own fault!

thanks for the quick reply! - now; where the heck is the "donate" link? - a program as good as this needs to have tangible recognition!
brumguvnor
sorry to be back and asking yet more questions... - but I've been reading the rulebooks again - and I saw someone on another forum mention the concept of the ergonomic option for software... - I cannot see how much it costs in the books, but that's not your problem... - is it possible to add ergonomic as a software option in chummer?
Hellfire
QUOTE (brumguvnor @ Apr 16 2012, 04:09 PM) *
sorry to be back and asking yet more questions... - but I've been reading the rulebooks again - and I saw someone on another forum mention the concept of the ergonomic option for software... - I cannot see how much it costs in the books, but that's not your problem... - is it possible to add ergonomic as a software option in chummer?

It is possible with chummer: just right-click on the software you want the option in, select "add as plugin" then choose program options in the equipment menu and voilà there you have them...

best regards
Hellfire
Nebular
QUOTE (groduick @ Apr 16 2012, 02:39 AM) *
Hello there,

first of all thanks for the wonderful tool.
I've translated the text-only character sheet in french.
As I don't know anything about xsl, it needs a little bit of checking, especially the spacing.

And here is the result:

As you can see, there's a problem with spacing in the "Attributs Derives" (Derivated Attributes) section.
I hope this is going to help a few runners out there, and I'm planning to translate the other sheets as well.

Now for the complaints:
-it would be easier in the character viewer to be able to use the Ctrl+A shortcut to select all the sheet's content;
-for my ammo, I buy several Spare Clips for Each weapon, and I load them with the required number of ammo (I find it more convenient to keep track of spare clips). But when I'm using the ammo manager in created mode (the FIRE! button), the total number of ammo doesn't shows properly. For example, if I buy 5 Spare Clips loaded with 42 EX-Explosives for my Ares Alpha, when I'm trying to load my gun, I've only 42 EX-Explosives left (one clip), and not the 5x42=210. Guess the program doesn't check if the ammo is part of a stack or not. It's easily fixed by splitting the stack of Spare Clips, but it's a minor inconvenience to do.

Thanks! I'll take a look at the sheet when I have a little more time and get it released. smile.gif

I can't do anything about Ctrl+A selecting text on the character sheet. It loosk like the .NET web browser doesn't understand it. You can, however, select all of the text by right-clicking on the sheet and choosing Select All from the menu that pops up. Not quite as convenient, but at least there's a simple way to do the same thing.

I'll have the Spare Clip thing fixed in the next update. It will reduce the number of Spare Clips instead of sucking all of the ammo out of 'em. Any leftover rounds will be placed into the character's Selected Gear container as a new item so you don't lose any unspent ones.
Nebular
QUOTE (brumguvnor @ Apr 16 2012, 10:09 AM) *

Like Hellfire said, it's there. smile.gif You just need to have the Unwired sourcebook enabled. It can be found in the Program Options category.
Nebular
QUOTE (brumguvnor @ Apr 16 2012, 06:15 AM) *
see? - I told you it was most likely all my own fault!

thanks for the quick reply! - now; where the heck is the "donate" link? - a program as good as this needs to have tangible recognition!

There's one on the Chummer site at http://www.chummergen.com/, and one in the application when you go to Help > About. biggrin.gif (in hindsight, it should probably just be moved to the Help menu since most people don't look at the About windows)
Nebular
Build 368
  • Adept Powers now check an Attribute's total Metatype maximum including any bonuses such as those from Exceptional Attribute to determine when the Power Point cost should be increased
  • fixed an issue where adding or selecting a piece of Gear attached to Armor would occasionally throw an error
  • Skills no longer double the bonus from Improvements that have a precedence
  • Improvements that increase or decrease a Skill's maximum Rating now unlocks or locks the Skill control as appropriate if it is already at its maximum in Career Mode
  • added support for more Improvement options to the Create Improvement window
  • advanced versions of Leadership and Arcana now set their Category to the base Skill's Category instead of its Skill Group
  • when reloading from a Spare Clip, the quantity of the Clip is reduced instead of the amount of Ammo in each one (leftover Ammo is dropped into the Selected Gear container as a new piece of Gear)
Gwynfallan
Contacts not properly deducting karma costs:

I've realized despite the number inputted into Tools > Option > Karma Cost > Contacts, none of my contacts are costing me ANY karma at all. Nor have they ever cost any karma on any characters past or present. BP, yes; Karma, no. I've looked through all the options and nothing appears to be checked or unchecked that would be causing this problem.

It isn't a bad thing when the GM gives us a free contact or two, but not deducting any points for new contacts or improving relations with old contacts I'm finding to be a wee bit broken. As a temporary fix, this week, I've begun manually typing this information into the Karma Spent column, (some contacts are going away because I was WAAAAY over in points spent since it wasn't deducting properly) but it has become quite a chore with my faceman character and I thought I should point it out.
SpellBinder
That's probably because there is no karma cost to contacts outside of character creation. It's strictly a GM's call on whether or not a contact's Connection/Loyalty rating goes up or down, or whether that [insert contact type] you just met really wants you on their friends list or not.
brumguvnor
gah! - again - the thing I was looking for was there all along! - many thanks again!

Now; all I need to do is work out how to print out the notes that I've added to my negative qualities...
WhiteReaper
Is it possible to add an option to copy Vehicles and Drones with all the modificationes they have ?
Nebular
The Gear and Books data files have been updated to include the content from the new book, Parabotany! biggrin.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (Gwynfallan @ Apr 16 2012, 10:07 PM) *
Contacts not properly deducting karma costs:

I've realized despite the number inputted into Tools > Option > Karma Cost > Contacts, none of my contacts are costing me ANY karma at all. Nor have they ever cost any karma on any characters past or present. BP, yes; Karma, no. I've looked through all the options and nothing appears to be checked or unchecked that would be causing this problem.

It isn't a bad thing when the GM gives us a free contact or two, but not deducting any points for new contacts or improving relations with old contacts I'm finding to be a wee bit broken. As a temporary fix, this week, I've begun manually typing this information into the Karma Spent column, (some contacts are going away because I was WAAAAY over in points spent since it wasn't deducting properly) but it has become quite a chore with my faceman character and I thought I should point it out.

SpellBinder pretty much covered it. Contacts only cost Karma during character creation. There are no rules for adding new Contacts or improving Contact relationships during your career. They're free unless the GM says it'll cost Karma, in which case it needs to be handled as a manual Karma Expense. The only time that it wouldn't cost Karma during character creation is if you have the Free Contacts Points options turned on on the House Rules tab, in which case any Contact costs would first be deducted from those free points and any remaining ones would be deducted from Karma.
Nebular
QUOTE (brumguvnor @ Apr 17 2012, 04:40 AM) *
gah! - again - the thing I was looking for was there all along! - many thanks again!

Now; all I need to do is work out how to print out the notes that I've added to my negative qualities...

Yeah, that's a bit of a snag. At the moment, the only Notes that print are then ones you enter on the Character Information tab. I think I'm going to have to add a "Print Notes" option to the Options window to allow them to be printed.
Nebular
QUOTE (WhiteReaper @ Apr 17 2012, 05:03 AM) *
Is it possible to add an option to copy Vehicles and Drones with all the modificationes they have ?

Sure, I'll add it to the list. (don't worry - it's a very short list) smile.gif
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Apr 17 2012, 08:49 AM) *
Sure, I'll add it to the list. (don't worry - it's a very short list) smile.gif

Copying the XML of any piece of gear, weapon, vehicle, cyberware, etc into the windows clipboard, and to then be able to paste it into another character, or any place text can be pasted would be cool.
Vulcanisik
Hey Nebular. I'm encountering an issue which I consider kind of weird. I want to add a specific vehicle to my character sheet, which is on another character, but for some reason, Chummer isn't able to find the vehicle at all.

The weird thing is, I can clearly see the XML entry for the bike in the vehicles.xml. Any suggestion? For now I just printed the vehicle off from the old character sheet, but I'd really love to put it on my new one.

<vehicle>
<name>BMW 2065 Mjöllnir w/ Armor Upgrade (Racing Bike)</name>
<category>Bikes</category>
<handling>2</handling>
<accel>20/45</accel>
<speed>200</speed>
<pilot>1</pilot>
<body>6</body>
<armor>8</armor>
<sensor>1</sensor>
<devicerating>3</devicerating>
<avail>8R</avail>
<cost>11250</cost>
<mods>
<name rating="2">Passenger Protection</name>
</mods>
<gears>
<gear>Vehicle Sensor</gear>
</gears>
<source>ARG</source>
<page>0</page>
</vehicle>

Nebular
QUOTE (Vulcanisik @ Apr 18 2012, 10:31 AM) *
Hey Nebular. I'm encountering an issue which I consider kind of weird. I want to add a specific vehicle to my character sheet, which is on another character, but for some reason, Chummer isn't able to find the vehicle at all.

The weird thing is, I can clearly see the XML entry for the bike in the vehicles.xml. Any suggestion? For now I just printed the vehicle off from the old character sheet, but I'd really love to put it on my new one.

<vehicle>
<name>BMW 2065 Mjöllnir w/ Armor Upgrade (Racing Bike)</name>
<category>Bikes</category>
<handling>2</handling>
<accel>20/45</accel>
<speed>200</speed>
<pilot>1</pilot>
<body>6</body>
<armor>8</armor>
<sensor>1</sensor>
<devicerating>3</devicerating>
<avail>8R</avail>
<cost>11250</cost>
<mods>
<name rating="2">Passenger Protection</name>
</mods>
<gears>
<gear>Vehicle Sensor</gear>
</gears>
<source>ARG</source>
<page>0</page>
</vehicle>

I can see it in my copy, so it can appear. The first thing that comes to mind is to check and make sure the Arsenal German Content sourcebook is turned on in the Options window. If you have multiple Settings files, you'll need to select the proper Setting in the Options window first, since each Setting uses its own list of allowed sourcebooks.
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Apr 17 2012, 06:45 PM) *
Copying the XML of any piece of gear, weapon, vehicle, cyberware, etc into the windows clipboard, and to then be able to paste it into another character, or any place text can be pasted would be cool.

There are a few catches with something like this as there's a ton of complexity behind this and how the objects work.
  • Paste would only be available in Create Mode. You could copy in Career Mode but cannot paste into a character that's in Career Mode.
  • You would only be able to copy items that are a top-level item. So you could copy a Commlink that's on its own (and all of its plugins), but you could not copy a Commlink that is a plugin for a Medkit for example.
  • Pasting would also be rather limited. You would only be able to paste back into the same tab (so Gear to Gear, Vehicle to Vehicle, but not Gear to Vehicle or Gear to Weapon, etc.) though it would work across different characters.
  • It wouldn't use the Windows clipboard since the data can't be used in other applications. This would also mean that you could have a Vehicle in the Chummer clipboard and some notes you want to copy both stored and be useful.
  • Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V wouldn't be allowed as shortcuts for Copy/Paste since it would prevent copying and pasting on the Character Info tab from working properly. nyahnyah.gif

Sound reasonable? I'm not making any promises - just pitching a concept. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012