Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chummer Character Generator
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
Nebular
Build 401
  • added support for <quickeningmetamagic /> to the Improvement Manager which grants the character access to the Quicken Spell button
  • added support for <basiclifestylecost /> to the Improvement Manager which adjusts the cost of only basic Lifestyles by a percentage
  • added a house rule to allow Obsolescent to be upgraded/removed in the same way as Obsolete
  • added support for Quicken Spell Expenses
  • fixed an issue where canceling the Select Martial Arts window when adding a PACKS Kit would throw an error
  • maximum MAG split for Mystic Adepts now increases properly when MAG is increased
  • maximum MAG split for Mystic Adepts now decreases when a MAG increase Expense is undone
  • clicking Delete on the Cyberware tab with nothing selected no longer throws an error
  • clicking Delete on the Vehicles tab with nothing selected no longer throws an error
  • selecting a Complex Form in Career Mode now automatically selects its commonly-used Active Skill for the Dice Pool
  • Karma Expenses for Spells can now be undone
  • Exotic Melee Weapons that use the Unarmed Active Skill (such as Hardliner Gloves) now properly show their Dice Pool size
  • Obsolescent and Obsolete now affect a Vehicle's Device Rating
  • fixed an issue where the displayed monthly Nuyen cost for a Lifestyle was including Lifestyle discounts a second time
New Strings
  • Checkbox_Option_AllowObsolescentUpgrade
  • Button_QuickenSpell
  • String_QuickeningKarma
  • Message_ConfirmKarmaExpenseQuickeningMetamagic
  • String_ExpenseQuickenMetamagic
valavaern
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jul 25 2012, 06:29 PM) *
Huh, shows how long it's been since I worked on that bit. biggrin.gif I thought I had looked through the data file and couldn't find any case of Gear being included and didn't see it in the code. No idea how I completely overlooked that. I'll have this added to the Armor file in the next update.

Glad to be of help~

Also, request for a new armor 'set': Full PPP w/o the helmet.
Nebular
QUOTE (Mikel @ Jul 20 2012, 01:52 AM) *
Having an odd issue with Ammo in career mode. trying to add a spare clip for a weapon (Ares Executive Protector) and add a new type of ammo to it (I have Stick and Shock, adding Ex-Explosive) - and instead of adding a new spare clip like it should it ONLY increases the existing stock of ammo with Stick and Shock ammo. Splitting the stack doesn't help. very Frustrating

I've tried messing around with this a little. The only time that things should be stacking in Career Mode is if you have the Stack checkbox (right next to the Qty field) turned on. If this is turned off, the Ammo should be added to whichever Spare Clip you right-clicked on. If it's on, it will always add the new Ammo to the first matching item it finds rather than placing it in the container you right-clicked on.
Nebular
QUOTE (valavaern @ Jul 25 2012, 08:58 PM) *
Glad to be of help~

Also, request for a new armor 'set': Full PPP w/o the helmet.

The SecureTech PPP Armor (Ensemble) that is already there should be exactly what you're looking for. It's +2/+6 which is the total of all of the PPP pieces without the Helmet. If you add all of the PPP pieces together including the Helmet, the total is +2/+8 instead.
valavaern
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jul 25 2012, 11:47 PM) *
The SecureTech PPP Armor (Ensemble) that is already there should be exactly what you're looking for. It's +2/+6 which is the total of all of the PPP pieces without the Helmet. If you add all of the PPP pieces together including the Helmet, the total is +2/+8 instead.

Is that your final answer? :3
Wrist Guards: 0/1
Ankle Guards: 0/1
Leg & Arm Casings: 1/1
Vitals Protector: 1/1
Helmet: 0/2
It's 2/6 with the helmet, 2/4 without. I think you're counting the arm & casings twice, since you've listed them in chummer separately as well as as a single unit like they are in the book.

Also, another (hopefully pretty easy) request: add the ability to separate weapons into groups just you can with armor and gear.

Thanks, and keep up the good work!
valavaern
Oh, another two related suggestions I keep forgetting to make:

1: could you add an option for natural weapons to have their DV = Force(Magic) attribute, please?
2: could you add an option to allow bonuses to Unarmed DV from Martial Arts to be added to Natural weapons as well?

Again, thanks and keep up the great work!
Scarecrow
Not a bug, but more of an "it'd be really nice to have..." thing.

When you print out a character in text, it lists gear in alphabetical order, which is fine. Except that matrix programs, ammunition, software suites, credsticks, etc., all get lumped together and then just listed alphabetically. And while it shouldn't be difficult to find something seeing as they are in alphabetical order, it just doesn't look...clean, I guess.

Is there any way to, at least for gear, categorize them by type and then list them alphabetically by category when printing to text? Any chance of that at all?

Again, it's not a bug and it's not a necessity, but one of those "if you've got the time it would really be nice" type of things. smile.gif
valavaern
QUOTE (Scarecrow @ Jul 26 2012, 11:46 AM) *
Not a bug, but more of an "it'd be really nice to have..." thing.

When you print out a character in text, it lists gear in alphabetical order, which is fine. Except that matrix programs, ammunition, software suites, credsticks, etc., all get lumped together and then just listed alphabetically. And while it shouldn't be difficult to find something seeing as they are in alphabetical order, it just doesn't look...clean, I guess.

Is there any way to, at least for gear, categorize them by type and then list them alphabetically by category when printing to text? Any chance of that at all?

Again, it's not a bug and it's not a necessity, but one of those "if you've got the time it would really be nice" type of things. smile.gif

Haven't tried actually printing something out yet, but have you tried using gear 'locations'? (the button over on the right in the gear window)
Also, I've been adding programs as 'add-ons' to my comlink, and ammo as 'add-ons' to my bag~
valavaern
New error/correction required:
The way the book lists it, Responsive Clothing is a modification to clothing, not it's own separate item~
The Wrestling Troll
Could you add a "dummy item", so that we can add whatever we want and name it?

In our shadowrun session we've gained something like an artifact and I would like to add it to my char sheet but didn't find any option to add a dummy item to name however you want.
bannockburn
There already is smile.gif
It's called "Custom Placeholder" and you'll need to enter a name
Scarecrow
Got another one of those "nice to have" things.

When you select some cyberware, such as cybereyes, there are some things that come with it, such as the eye recorder and image link. Yet, when I go to add gear to the eyes, I can add yet another recorder and yet another image link. Any chance to making it so that you can't add stuff that's already added?
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Scarecrow @ Jul 30 2012, 11:26 AM) *
When you select some cyberware, such as cybereyes, there are some things that come with it, such as the eye recorder and image link. Yet, when I go to add gear to the eyes, I can add yet another recorder and yet another image link. Any chance to making it so that you can't add stuff that's already added?

I don't see that Chummer needs to do this - is it against the rules to add multiple eye recorders? Not a good idea to add them multiple times, yes smile.gif But also not against the rules, I think.

I see your point, but I don't think Chummer should "enforce" things that aren't actually rules.
Scarecrow
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Jul 29 2012, 07:39 PM) *
I don't see that Chummer needs to do this - is it against the rules to add multiple eye recorders? Not a good idea to add them multiple times, yes smile.gif But also not against the rules, I think.

I see your point, but I don't think Chummer should "enforce" things that aren't actually rules.

Normally, I'd agree with you. But going by your logic, we should be able to REMOVE them if we accidentally add them (which I've been known to do when I click too fast), but when you try to do so you get a message indicating that you can't because it's included in the base package. However, the book doesn't say you can't remove them either.

Again, it's a "nice to have" thing, and not a bug.

With that said, I have a bug to report. Tool tips work on everything, showing where the dice pool comes from, EXCEPT on weapons. When I hover the mouse over one of my automatic weapons in the Gear list, the tool tip doesn't come up. Is this a bug, or intelligent design?
forgarn
Not sure if anyone else has reported it but the metamagic foci are not in the list. Am I (and my son) blind and we just can't find them?
forgarn
Sorry for the double post but:

1) in War! all the military commlinks come standard with Armor 5, Hardning 5, and Biometrics lock (War pg. 161) Can that be added?
2) There is currently no way to create an ally spirit (or even list it). Is this something that can be done?

SpellBinder
QUOTE (forgarn @ Jul 30 2012, 11:54 AM) *
Not sure if anyone else has reported it but the metamagic foci are not in the list. Am I (and my son) blind and we just can't find them?
Foci from the core book have their own category. Metamagic Foci from Street Magic have their own category.

And to everyone who might be having a hard time finding a particular item, please do remember that Nebular has a search feature in many of the selection windows, like for spells, vehicles, gear, weapons, and armor at least.

Ally spirits are a complicated bit for the calculations, especially since they can be enhanced post-summoning. I think it would be nice if they were included, but currently ally spirits are made as separately critters and would need access to the tradition and known spells of the conjuring magician. Honestly I have no idea how feasible it could be. In the short term, during career mode you can manually add in the karma expenditure for an ally spirit, but you'll have to calculated the cost yourself.
forgarn
My bad on the foci. I just assumed that they would all be under "Foci." I will play around with the creation as a critter and see what happens. Having it as a separate "character" and then making the karma entry is fine with me. I just did not realize it was in the critter section. (need to play around with this program more).
bannockburn
You can also link the ally as a 'pet' in the gear section, once the .chum file is finished smile.gif
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Scarecrow @ Jul 30 2012, 10:14 PM) *
But going by your logic, we should be able to REMOVE them if we accidentally add them (which I've been known to do when I click too fast), but when you try to do so you get a message indicating that you can't because it's included in the base package.

Yeah, I think it would be correct to be able to remove anything you add yourself.

So maybe that's a bug, although not a high-priority one...
KnightAries
A couple of things I believe would be good changes;

1) Most of the races have some kind of enchanced vision; when I give them cybereyes I'd like the enhanced portion to be removeable (Automaticaly or manually). At the moment I have to place a note on the enhanced vision. (Nice to have thing unless I've missed something so far)

2) An idea I have for Comlinks, give them their own tab under street gear. It can have 3 sections: Hardware; software; agents. Given the ability to link multipule comlinks to create a Cluster as per unwired. Have some of the rules only available if cummer is marked for unwired. I don't know if this is doable and I'm sure it would take time to do so. (did I miss something here?)
valavaern
a little error I've found:
a camera's "internal" capacity is equal to its rating, but it should only take up [1] capacity when inside other items, regardless of it's rating.
Makki
two things I'm missing:
-option to print various Defense dice pools, specially Gymnastic Dodge
-Adept power Geas, not only as a check box, but also the option to actually name and print the geas
Hellfire
QUOTE (Makki @ Aug 2 2012, 09:56 AM) *
two things I'm missing:
-option to print various Defense dice pools, specially Gymnastic Dodge
-Adept power Geas, not only as a check box, but also the option to actually name and print the geas

The option to print geas is actually there: just put the respective gea into the notes field (the small "post-it with pen" icon to the right of the checkbox) and then check to print notes in the options menu under the general > character and printing tab
ggodo
Maybe I'm being dumb, but how does one raise the force on free spirits? I'm trying to build one and I can't change any attributes.
bannockburn
Raise Magic smile.gif
KnightAries
I get a an error that crashes chummer when I try to add the B&E Goods PACKS Kit.

Also many of the Kits for Gear are showing repeat of the same equipment
forgarn
QUOTE (ggodo @ Aug 2 2012, 12:24 PM) *
Maybe I'm being dumb, but how does one raise the force on free spirits? I'm trying to build one and I can't change any attributes.

When you create the spirit, you set the force (File -> New Critter). If you need to change it, then you would need to re-create it. I am not sure there is a mechanism for "advancing" spirits other than ally spirits. And then, I am not sure how you would do that in chummer.
Makki
QUOTE (Hellfire @ Aug 2 2012, 11:18 AM) *
The option to print geas is actually there: just put the respective gea into the notes field (the small "post-it with pen" icon to the right of the checkbox) and then check to print notes in the options menu under the general > character and printing tab

Thx. Enough for me.
Hellfire
Just noticed a bug, when using one of the example characters: I wanted to add a street sam with a different metatype, therefore I opened the character and used the "Special" menu "change metatype", however an error was thrown, whenever a new (or even the same) metatype was selected:

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '2' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'.
Parameter name: Value

Nebular
Build 403
  • added a house rule to allow the creation and addition of Bioware Suites
  • added support for adding and creating Bioware Suites
  • added <owncost /> to printout XML for equipment which contains just the cost of the individual item
  • fixed an issue that prevented Weapons in the Weapons list from being reordered using drag-and-drop
  • added support for Locations within Weapons
New Strings
  • Menu_SpecialAddBiowareSuite
  • Menu_SpecialCreateBiowareSuite
  • Checkbox_Option_AllowBiowareSuites
  • Title_SelectBiowareSuite
  • Label_SelectBiowareSuite_PartsInSuite
  • Title_CreateBiowareSuite
  • Message_DeleteWeaponLocation
Modified Strings
  • Message_CyberwareSuite_InvalidFileName
  • Message_CyberwareSuite_DuplicateName
  • MessageTitle_CyberwareSuite_DuplicateName
  • Message_CyberwareSuite_SuiteCreated
  • MessageTitle_CyberwareSuite_SuiteCreated
Nebular
QUOTE (KnightAries @ Aug 2 2012, 11:14 AM) *
I get a an error that crashes chummer when I try to add the B&E Goods PACKS Kit.

Also many of the Kits for Gear are showing repeat of the same equipment

I've updated the B&E Goods Kit to fix this issue - Sequencer was renamed to Maglock Sequencer in the Gear data file but the PACKS Kit was never updated to match.

Which Kits are you seeing multiple copies of the same item in? There are a few where things like Fake License shows up multiple times, but they have different additional values like Fake License (Wired Reflexes) and Fake License (Muscle Toner).
Nebular
QUOTE (valavaern @ Jul 26 2012, 12:38 AM) *
Is that your final answer? :3
Wrist Guards: 0/1
Ankle Guards: 0/1
Leg & Arm Casings: 1/1
Vitals Protector: 1/1
Helmet: 0/2
It's 2/6 with the helmet, 2/4 without. I think you're counting the arm & casings twice, since you've listed them in chummer separately as well as as a single unit like they are in the book.

Also, another (hopefully pretty easy) request: add the ability to separate weapons into groups just you can with armor and gear.

Thanks, and keep up the good work!

I've updated the Armor file. There is now a SecureTech PPP Armor (Ensemble) that does not include the Helmet bonus (+2/+4) and a SecureTech PPP Armor (Ensemble with Helmet) which (surprise!) includes the Helmet's bonus (+2/+6).
Nebular
QUOTE (Hellfire @ Aug 3 2012, 10:02 AM) *
Just noticed a bug, when using one of the example characters: I wanted to add a street sam with a different metatype, therefore I opened the character and used the "Special" menu "change metatype", however an error was thrown, whenever a new (or even the same) metatype was selected:

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '2' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'.
Parameter name: Value

I can't seem to get this to happen. Tried converting the Street Samurai example character to all of the standard Metatypes without any issues. My first guess would be that your copy of the SR4 example characters might be a previous version (I've updated them once or twice since their initial release to keep them semi-up-to-date). You could try downloading them through Omae as see if the new version of the file lets you convert the Metatype properly. They can be found in the Official NPC Packs category and called SR4 Example Characters.
Hellfire
QUOTE (Nebular @ Aug 4 2012, 02:10 AM) *
I can't seem to get this to happen. Tried converting the Street Samurai example character to all of the standard Metatypes without any issues. My first guess would be that your copy of the SR4 example characters might be a previous version (I've updated them once or twice since their initial release to keep them semi-up-to-date). You could try downloading them through Omae as see if the new version of the file lets you convert the Metatype properly. They can be found in the Official NPC Packs category and called SR4 Example Characters.

Did not work and still does not work. I have even downloaded a completely new version without anything custom and unzipped it into a new folder: the same problem persists. If I try to change the metatype of the example street samurai it throws the above mentioned error (after showing two times that you cannot have more than 200BP on attributes)
valavaern
QUOTE (Nebular @ Aug 3 2012, 07:44 PM) *
I've updated the Armor file. There is now a SecureTech PPP Armor (Ensemble) that does not include the Helmet bonus (+2/+4) and a SecureTech PPP Armor (Ensemble with Helmet) which (surprise!) includes the Helmet's bonus (+2/+6).

Rockin', thanks! :3
crazymykl
Is there a way to spend karma to up the rating of AI's inherit programs?
KarmaInferno
Is there a reason the "Other Metagenetic Qualities" from RC page 110 are not displayed when you click the "Show only metagenetic qualities" box in the Add Quality panel?

-k
SpellBinder
Those require a separate entry in the qualities list. My custom content batch includes all the negative but only a few of the positive "other" metagenetic qualities.
Scarecrow
QUOTE (Scarecrow @ Jul 30 2012, 06:14 AM) *
With that said, I have a bug to report. Tool tips work on everything, showing where the dice pool comes from, EXCEPT on weapons. When I hover the mouse over one of my automatic weapons in the Gear list, the tool tip doesn't come up. Is this a bug, or intelligent design?

Did anybody see this? Let me explain:

On a character that I have in Chummer that was created based on Karma, the tool tips do not work when hovering over dice pools for weapons. I have other characters that were built using BP that they do work on, so I'm not sure why this is happening?
Sid Nitzerglobin
Hey, thanks for the great and super useful app!

I'm running into a bit of an issue trying to use override files (trying to allow the addition of mods to the powered slide mount in particular since this doesn't seem to be allowed in the standard data files). I've created an override file named override_Sid_weapons.xml starting w/ a copy of weapons.xml under the Chummer\data directory. I'm pretty sure all the formatting is fine but none of my changes seem to be showing up, even when testing w/ only a single entry from the original weapons.xml file w/ only the price changed. Items from my custom data file are working fine.

Is there something special I've got to do to get my override file to work? Any ideas on what could be going wrong if not?

TIA
Sengir
Hm, I just tried a file "override_Sid_weapons.xml" with the following content and it's working fine
CODE
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<chummer>
    <weapons>
        <weapon>
            <name>Athame</name>
            <category>Blades</category>
            <type>Melee</type>
            <reach>0</reach>
            <damage>(STR/2+1)P</damage>
            <ap>-</ap>
            <mode>0</mode>
            <rc>0</rc>
            <ammo>0</ammo>
            <conceal>2</conceal>
            <avail>9R</avail>
            <cost>900</cost>
            <allowaccessory>false</allowaccessory>
            <source>ARG</source>
            <page>0</page>
        </weapon>
    </weapons>
</chummer>

Something else, as mentioned here Chummer by default does not charge Karma for Metatypes, although the new Printing of RC has finally made that official:
First you must choose metatype or other alternative character concept (i.e. shapeshifter, AI, sasquatch, etc.); there [SIC] Karma cost for metatype or race is equal to the BP cost for that metatype or option (i.e. if a race costs 10 BP, in Karmagen it costs 10 Karma);

And depending on how official you want to treat JH's latest bout of insanity, you'd also have to adjust the default values for Karma and max Karma on attributes...
Shortstraw
Two things in house rules
1. Spelling error in the bottom house rule should be "way" not "was".
2. Free spirit character having attributes = force option would be nice smile.gif
Sid Nitzerglobin
OK, not sure what was going on w/ my previous override file, but it's working now.

Still can't seem to get mod/accessories onto the powered slide rail. Thought it might just be adding <allowmod>true</allowmod> and/or <allowaccessory>true</allowaccessory> but no dice.
SpellBinder
I think the override files work best only when you completely close chummer and reload. I've noticed that in testing my qualities override for adding the SURGE qualities; things don't seem to work 100% unless I close the program and relaunch it.
Sid Nitzerglobin
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Aug 6 2012, 08:58 PM) *
I think the override files work best only when you completely close chummer and reload. I've noticed that in testing my qualities override for adding the SURGE qualities; things don't seem to work 100% unless I close the program and relaunch it.

I think that was probably my issue. I was reloading the character file but not doing a full shutdown of Chummer.
KarmaInferno
I was getting annoyed at having to look back and forth at the ShadowRun Missions documents and Chummer to make sure what qualities were legal or not.

So I made an override file.

First, I needed to add a "Shadowrun Missions" quality to the system:
[ Spoiler ]

Then the actual Override file:
[ Spoiler ]

The result, adding the zero-point Shadowrun Missions quality makes all the forbidden Qualities vanish from the Qualities selection screen.

I'm sure Nebular can code something more integral to Chummer, but this works for me so far.

-k
SpellBinder
Heh, that reminds me, I found a new critter in the Seattle batch I ought to add to my bundle.
IridiosDZ
I think I found a big(ish) formula error concerning commlink processor limits. They appear to be calculated as sys*3.

According to my copies of SR4A (pg 223):
Peripheral devices and commlinks have a processor limit equal to their System rating. Nexi have larger processor limits (System x3)

This is the tail end of the processor limit section started on pg. 222

I have looked for a setting, option, or book that could explain the discrepancy.

Mantis
Hey Nebular, great program. I mean really great. biggrin.gif Two things. One, a feature request and the other something that needs to be corrected.
Various weapons do not have the correct recoil compensation or recoil related accessory/mod listed for them. I've gone through the books and compared each gun to what Chummer lists. So here are the weapons that need correction and the correction needed. I'd have just edited the files myself but then what fun would that be?

Ares Predator CW - should have 1 point of recoil comp (electronic firing)
Colt Government 2066 - should have Electronic firing in accessories
Ares HVAR - should have 4 points of recoil comp (shock pad)
XM-30 - all versions should have 1 point of recoil comp (shock pad)
XM-30 LMG -should have 3 points of recoil comp (shock pad)
Nitama Optimum - should have 1 point of recoil comp (shock pad)
Steyr AUG LMG - should have Stock listed in Accessories
Mannlicher Wildhunter - should have 1 point of recoil comp (shock pad)
PJSS Elephant Gun - should have 1 point of recoil comp (shock pad)
Ruger 100 - should have 1 point of recoil comp (shock pad)
Remington 990 - should have 1 point of recoil comp. (shock pad)
Franchi Spas-22 - should have 1 point of recoil comp (shock pad)
PJSS Model 55 shotgun = should have 1 point of recoil comp (shock pad)
Ares Desert Strike - should have 1 point of recoil comp (shock pad)
Ranger Arms SM4 - should have 1 point of recoil comp (shock pad)
Shiawase Arms Tactical Model 69 - should have 3 points of recoil comp (electronic firing - needs to be corrected in book.)
Walther MA-2100 - should have 1 point of recoil comp (shock pad)
Gel rounds - should be -1S damage.

Now the feature I'd like to see is the ability to change text colour in the software for things like money spent or weapons. It would make it easier to pick things out from the lists. Especial the karma or nuyen spent/earned page which can get quite crowded for an experienced character.
Once again, great job on this program.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012