Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chummer Character Generator
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
SpellBinder
Looks like Chummer is doing two separate reductions of 20%, rather than a single deduction at 40%.

Thought something was odd about the math there.
cndblank
Anyone?

QUOTE (cndblank @ Mar 19 2013, 12:13 PM) *
Is anyone else using Omae and finding when they do a search, that only the first character has a name?
The rest of the characters don't show the top line.

bannockburn
Here's what Nebular said:
http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?s=&a...t&p=1218365
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Mantis @ Mar 24 2013, 03:30 AM) *
Did you try Mini Grenades? Those work fine for me with Ares Alpha. A grenade launcher uses mini grenades, not regular grenades.

I was just looking for this as well, cheers smile.gif

ALSO : on Ammo

modified weapon with an additional clip

one loaded normal and one loaded EX

the printed sheet (HTML) only has stats for one ammo type, is there a way to get s second stat block listed for the other ammo type ? or to at least nominate which is primary ?
Flaser
There seems to be a problem with External Smartgun systems, as they accept peripherals instead vision enhancements as the core rules imply.

This can be easily fixed in weapons.xml, by changing it's "allowgear" entry to <gearcategory>Vision Enhancements</gearcategory>.

Now if only there was a way, to exclude Smart-Link from this list...

Also, shouldn't the Internal Smartgun system be only listed as a modification? Is it still listed as an Accessory to make it available for people not using Arsenal? While the core book mentions this in the section dedicated accessories, it's referred to as a "retrofit".

Dakka Dakka
QUOTE (Flaser @ Mar 28 2013, 03:13 PM) *
Also, shouldn't the Internal Smartgun system be only listed as a modification? Is it still listed as an Accessory to make it available for people not using Arsenal? While the core book mentions this in the section dedicated accessories, it's referred to as a "retrofit".
Correct deduction. It has been asked before.

Maybe Nebular could flag it somehow that it and the core weapon mount are removed if Arsenal is among the used books.
Flaser
QUOTE (Dakka Dakka @ Mar 28 2013, 03:44 PM) *
Correct deduction. It has been asked before.

Maybe Nebular could flag it somehow that it and the core weapon mount are removed if Arsenal is among the used books.

If we list discrepancies, the issue of accessories and modification in the "back" slot of firearms is a mess in Chummer. Arsenal says:
"Stock: Rigid or folding stocks can be added to pistols, machine pistols, and submachine guns." - therefore it should be obvious than any weapon that's not one of these, has a stock by default and should not provide any extra recoil compensation. Right now, whenever a weapon's description includes a stock (typically because it's folding), it's listed among the built-in mods and adds RC. Problems arise from the later part, as it obviously shouldn't.

BTW, am I correct in assuming that the rules never mention whether Folding Stocks provide a concealment bonus?
Right now I have a house-rule, that with a folded stock (provided it's not an add-on) the weapon gains a -2 to concealment.

Can Chummer filter what weapons can take what accesories beyond categories? If yes, the following restrictions could be implemented:

(For restriction purposes, battle rifles count as assault rifles)

"Shock Pad: This shock-absorbing pad can be mounted on the rigid shoulder stock of a rifle, shotgun, or heavy weapon, and provides 1 point of recoil compensation." - The weapon needs to have a stock by default. Implicitly, the player shouldn't be able to put a folding-stock onto a weapon and a shock pad on that, claiming RC for both.

"Hip Pad Bracing System: The hip pad bracing system combines a shock-absorbing pad system with a sling or shoulder-strap system to balance heavy weapons and brace them against the wearer’s hip, reducing the weapon’s recoil by 1." - emphasis mine. This form of mounting, should only be available to heavy weapons (LMG,MMG,HMG,AC,etc.)

"Foregrips can only be attached to submachine guns, assault rifles, and shotguns." - 'Strangely' heavy weapons are not here, then again only a troll could haul those things around... but you have the Hip Pad Bracing System for a reason, doing the same so there's reason to all this 'madness'.

"Gasvent systems can be built into machine pistols, SMGs, assault rifles, and machine guns." - i.e., stuff that has gases to vent

"Gyro Stabilization: This is a heavy upper-body harness with an attached, articulated, gyro-stabilized arm that mounts a rifle or heavy weapon." - Chummer's only restriction seems to be the presence of an "under" accessory slot on the weapon. Incidently this works out, as albeit something of an over-kill, mounting an SMG with a folding stock is plausible. Still if one goes by the letter of the rules, the only ARs, battle-rifles and long-arms would qualify as rifles.
Dakka Dakka
QUOTE (Flaser @ Mar 29 2013, 03:06 PM) *
If we list discrepancies, the issue of accessories and modification in the "back" slot of firearms is a mess in Chummer. Arsenal says:
"Stock: Rigid or folding stocks can be added to pistols, machine pistols, and submachine guns." - therefore it should be obvious than any weapon that's not one of these, has a stock by default and should not provide any extra recoil compensation. Right now, whenever a weapon's description includes a stock (typically because it's folding), it's listed among the built-in mods and adds RC. Problems arise from the later part, as it obviously shouldn't.
This is one interpretation. There are weapons in other categories that have a stock (rigid or otherwise) listed. While the calculations agree with your interpretation, the rules say nothing whether this stock should or should not provide RC, unless there is a shock pad anyways (see below).

BTW, am I correct in assuming that the rules never mention whether Folding Stocks provide a concealment bonus?
Right now I have a house-rule, that with a folded stock (provided it's not an add-on) the weapon gains a -2 to concealment.
The rules don't say. The fact that a stock is foldable has zero mechanical benefit by RAW.

"Shock Pad: This shock-absorbing pad can be mounted on the rigid shoulder stock of a rifle, shotgun, or heavy weapon, and provides 1 point of recoil compensation." - The weapon needs to have a stock by default. Implicitly, the player shouldn't be able to put a folding-stock onto a weapon and a shock pad on that, claiming RC for both.
This is not only implicit. P. 148 of the Arsenal says so explicitly.

"Hip Pad Bracing System: The hip pad bracing system combines a shock-absorbing pad system with a sling or shoulder-strap system to balance heavy weapons and brace them against the wearer’s hip, reducing the weapon’s recoil by 1." - emphasis mine. This form of mounting, should only be available to heavy weapons (LMG,MMG,HMG,AC,etc.)
Don't forget that the pistol-sized grenade launcher is also a heavy weapon. silly.gif

"Foregrips can only be attached to submachine guns, assault rifles, and shotguns." - 'Strangely' heavy weapons are not here, then again only a troll could haul those things around... but you have the Hip Pad Bracing System for a reason, doing the same so there's reason to all this 'madness'.
The Hip Pad is an alternative tho the 'Stock' compensator (rigid/folding stock, shock pad) not to the foregrip.

"Gasvent systems can be built into machine pistols, SMGs, assault rifles, and machine guns." - i.e., stuff that has gases to vent
As if other firearms did not vent gases. But those are the rules, despite there being weapons from other categories that have gas vents. You just can't mod them on afterwards.

"Gyro Stabilization: This is a heavy upper-body harness with an attached, articulated, gyro-stabilized arm that mounts a rifle or heavy weapon." - Chummer's only restriction seems to be the presence of an "under" accessory slot on the weapon. Incidently this works out, as albeit something of an over-kill, mounting an SMG with a folding stock is plausible. Still if one goes by the letter of the rules, the only ARs, battle-rifles and long-arms would qualify as rifles.
That is a question of how restrictively you use the term rifle. Even pistols and SMGs have rifled barrels, shotguns don't. This term has not been defined in SR.
SpellBinder
Don't know how repeatable this may be, but in trying to develop a new character with the Uneducated quality and his knowledge skills I've had Chummer completely freeze on me three times. Knowledge skills included a mix of types, including Academic & Professional, and mostly seeming to be right when I am about to run out of free knowledge points in karmagen (am running Windows Vista, if it helps).
Just a microscopic cog
It appears that Chummer charges 15 karma for metamagic techniques if the number that would be known exceeds the character's initiate grade, ignoring if any were previously purchased: An adept* who purchases additional metamagic with karma does not receive a free metamagic technique for later raising their initiate grade.

I currently work around this by, when increasing my character's initiate grade, using the Undo Expense command on the purchased Metamagic and reapplying it.

*Presumably this would happen with mages as well, but I have not tested it.
SpellBinder
I'll have to check a character sheet, but it's likely that metamagics aren't flagged in any way to note they're extras beyond those learned by initiation. Probably holds true for echos & submersion, too.

Added: Okay, the metamagics have a tag <paidwithkarma>False</paidwithkarma> that shows up as False for all, including one I spent 15 karma on for a character in this test. Same exact thing for echos, too (which Chummer labeles as metamagics).
SpellBinder
On a related note, did find something interesting regarding the karma costs for initiation. Was bumping a character up from grade three to five with an ordeal & group, and I noticed that the cost for going to grade five was going to be 15 karma. Instead of initiating I unchecked the boxes and re-checked them, and the cost changed to 16 for the fifth initiation grade.
Machine Ghost
Environment: Windows 7 64 bit; Chummer 0.0.0.458

Mortimier of London: Berwick Suit Jacket (Ensemble) is coming with a Concealable Holster, but stand alone Mortimier of London: Berwick Suit Jacket does not. I do not see a reference to a Concealable Holster in the Berwick Line AR45
A purchased 'Ensemble' can be modified to add insulation etc. That seems to handle the capacity of the multiple components correctly for environment mods, but not for other things. Purchasing separately, and modifying each piece with Carbon-Boron gives a nice B/I: 8/9 set, versus 6/5 when adding to the ensemble. Can not just add 3 times to the ensemble, because it uses up the capacity too fast (for additional environmental mods).

Clicking the 'Selected Armor' (or armor bundle) line nicely shows equipped pieces. It would be nice if that also showed the ratings of those pieces, to make juggling things easier.

Being able to unequip an armor modification does not make much sense. Once added, it should become an integral part of the original armor. You can not just turn on and off the mods.

An easy way to switch equipped armor (and other) configurations would be good. Idea:: have a (free) dummy/short cut placeholder that can be associated with a real piece of armor. Put the place holder in a bundle. [un]Equip the bundle to [un]equip all of the linked items.

When selecting the Paraon quality, a list is shown to choose the paragon from, then a text box is also shown to enter (apparently) the Paragon name again. The contents of the text box do not seem to get used for anything.

I think this was mentioned here previously. For a Technomancer with a Paragon (Flow in this case), there are normally 2 advantages. Only one is getting shown on the Complex Forms and Sprites tab (Creation mode at least)

Cyberspace Designs Dragonfly minidrone is shown coming with a Targeting (Close Combat) autosoft, but the v 1.3.2 Arsenal Errata replaces that with Targeting (Exotic Melee Weapon)

Where are the settings for bonus build contact points? I thought I turned off all of the house rules and options, exited and restarted Chummer, created a new character, but I seem to be getting 6 extra points specifically for contacts. I can not find a RAW reference for that.
SpellBinder
Options > House Rules for the free contacts based on Charisma & extra. Might also want to double check the rules presets that you're using, in case you chose a different rules set for a particular character as Chummer defaults to the "Default Settings" rather than what your current character is set for.
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Apr 8 2013, 01:59 AM) *
Options > House Rules for the free contacts based on Charisma & extra. Might also want to double check the rules presets that you're using, in case you chose a different rules set for a particular character as Chummer defaults to the "Default Settings" rather than what your current character is set for.
Default Settings is actually what I wanted. I was SURE I had turned all of the house rules off, but there it is. Turned that off, create new character (again), and it seems to be correct.
Nebular
Hey gang,

Sorry it has been a while since I've last done anything; between work being frustrating (boo!) and moving in with my girlfriend (yay!), things have been rather busy. With most of the moving stuff taken care of, I'm hoping to have a little more time in the evenings soon to dedicate to working on code again which brings me to this...

5th Edition looks to be introducing enough changes to the game system to warrant a new version of Chummer instead of trying to roll them into the current one. There are also a number of things in the current version of the code that I'm just not happy with, namely a lot of code duplication and things being bolted onto other things in a less than ideal manner. It's also getting somewhat difficult to maintain. Not really surprising since there was little-to-no design done when I first put the app together before it exploded in popularity. It's also just a natural by-product of an application's growth. At some point, it needs to be taken apart and rewritten.

What does this mean for the SR4 version of Chummer then? After the next small new feature (chart to show remaining Karma and Nuyen over time), I do not plan on implementing any new features into the application unless a new SR4 sourcebook is released which introduces something new. Thankfully it seems like most of the posts are now just about bugs anyways. wink.gif New data for sourcebooks will still be added, bugs continued to be fixed, and minor enhancements made. I'll also continue to put the updated code on the Google Code site so that others can poke around with it if they'd like. I'm also going to try and have the next build available on Sunday afternoon which will contain the chart and as many bug fixes as I can cram in by then. smile.gif

I don't know when the SR5 version will be available since we haven't heard a release date for the book yet and I have no idea how long it will take to make all of the changes it brings with it. Between now and then I'll be rewriting all of the core application code to try and tighten it up and make working with it easier from my perspective. I plan on continuing to use .NET 4.0 so none of the requirements will change and the new versions should still work on other platforms using Wine. I'm also going to try and work more closely with Ralf Stauder who wrote Squad Manager to try and get the two apps to work together better.
bannockburn
5th Edition looks to be introducing enough changes to the game system to warrant a new version of Chummer instead of trying to roll them into the current one.

That's very good to hear! Both for keeping an old version and having another one available later smile.gif
Thank you for the hard work, Nebular.

Found another few bugs:
1.) In career mode: Whenever you add modifications to an armor (doesn't matter which one) and undo the expense in the Karma & Nuyen tab, the mod stays in the armor. However, if you click on it, the program throws a critical error. Saving and re-loading the character makes the mod disappear.

2.) When adding gear to a helmet (it was a SWAT helmet in my example), and the capacity of the helmet is maxed out, you cannot add gear to the item. E.g.: Add a camera, rating whatever, try to add a microphone (to the cam). However, when the capacity of the helmet is not yet maxed, it works fine.

3.) Skinlink added to helmets sometimes uses up 3 capacity instead of 1. Can't say if this is 100% reproducible.
Nebular
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Mar 23 2013, 09:04 PM) *
Vehicles & Drones : vehicle : Add Modification shows System 4,5,6 and Firewall 4,5,6 with avail 8,12,16 and references SR4 232: That shows no / zero avail for System and Firewall. Add Modification shows response 4,5 upgrades with correct 8,12 avail, but is missing response 6 with avail 16.

Apart from the Avail which I apparently forgot to correct when I applied to change to Gear however long ago that was, the list appears to be correct. Hardware (Response and Signal) is limited to Device Rating + 2 which is common across all devices; Vehicles, Commlinks, etc. Since most Vehicles are Device Rating 3 (Military being the exception at Device Rating 4), they're limited to a maximum Signal and Response Rating of 5. Software does not have this limitation which is why you're able to see up to 6.
SpellBinder
Security devices are DR 4, Military devices are DR 5 (SR4a, page 222, charts on the left).
Nebular
QUOTE (bannockburn @ Apr 9 2013, 01:01 PM) *
3.) Skinlink added to helmets sometimes uses up 3 capacity instead of 1. Can't say if this is 100% reproducible.

This has to do with whether or not a piece of Armor is an Armor Suit or just standard Armor (or Clothing) and have the Maximum Armor Modifications and/or Armor Suit Capacity Optional Rules enabled. See AR 44 and the sidebar. Skinlink uses a Capacity of 3 when applied to an Armor Suit and have Armor Suit Capacity enabled. This is shown in the black sidebar. When added to a non-Suit piece of Armor or Clothing, Skinlink uses 1 Capacity since it does not have a rating as described in the Maximum Armor Modifications rule. There are a number of Armor Mods that consume amount X when applied to a Suit and amount Y when applied to a non-Suit, so I'm thinking this is what you were seeing happen. smile.gif
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Nebular @ Apr 9 2013, 09:06 PM) *
Apart from the Avail which I apparently forgot to correct when I applied to change to Gear however long ago that was, the list appears to be correct. Hardware (Response and Signal) is limited to Device Rating + 2 which is common across all devices; Vehicles, Commlinks, etc. Since most Vehicles are Device Rating 3 (Military being the exception at Device Rating 4), they're limited to a maximum Signal and Response Rating of 5. Software does not have this limitation which is why you're able to see up to 6.
If that is the reason for the limit, then System is effectively limited too.
QUOTE (SR4A222 System)
The System program is limited by the base Response rating of the device it is on: if the base Response rating of the device is lower than the System rating, then the System rating is set to equal the Response rating.

Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Nebular @ Apr 9 2013, 09:14 PM) *
QUOTE (bannockburn @ Apr 9 2013, 12:01 PM) *
This has to do with whether or not a piece of Armor is an Armor Suit or just standard Armor (or Clothing) and have the Maximum Armor Modifications and/or Armor Suit Capacity Optional Rules enabled. See AR 44 and the sidebar. Skinlink uses a Capacity of 3 when applied to an Armor Suit and have Armor Suit Capacity enabled. This is shown in the black sidebar. When added to a non-Suit piece of Armor or Clothing, Skinlink uses 1 Capacity since it does not have a rating as described in the Maximum Armor Modifications rule. There are a number of Armor Mods that consume amount X when applied to a Suit and amount Y when applied to a non-Suit, so I'm thinking this is what you were seeing happen. smile.gif
I had not remembered the skinlink capacity in armor either, or that Urban Explorer Jumpsuit and Helmet use armor suit rules. I was doing some gear exploring, and added sensors to an Urban Explorer Helmet, then added skinlink to the sensors instead of the helmet. Seems 'legal'. Got a glitch though when I tried to remove the skinlink.

In "Gear", adding a skinlink to a sensor, then removing it gives a confirmation prompt of "Are you shure you want to delete this gear?". Works fine.
In Armor, add gear (sensor) to helmet, add plugin (skinlink) to sensor, delete skinlink gives a confirmation prompt of "Are you sure you want to delete this Armor/Plugin?". Click "Yes" and nothing happens. Skinlink is still there. Save, full close and reopen chummer and character, and the skinlink is still there. Got rid of it by deleting the sensor.

Environment: Windows 7 64bit, Cummer 0.0.0.458

On the wiki page, http://www.chummergen.com/chummer/wiki/Imp...ent-System.ashx, couple of typos:
Under 'adapsin', "which discounts which discounts" should be just "which discounts"
Under adeptlinguistics, "which negates to cost of improving" should be "which negates the cost of improving"

Since you are talking about a major refactoring, (going for 0.0.1.0?) here are some ideas to consider:

Several things can conceptually belong in different areas / categories. The Urban Explorer Helmet mentioned about is one example. It is armor, but it can also be a container for sensors that are part of the PAN. Which could take up subscriptions on the commlink (when slaved or clustered). Another item that gets spread around, is Matrix nodes. Commlink, TM bionode, Vehicle nodes, or even nexi. Weapons that are carried, or mounted on a vehicle/drone.
One way to improve the handling of this, is to provide multiple views of items. They could get purchased / added using the existing (or similar) structure of tabs, but also provide a virtual view that can automatically or manually reference items from different sections. A new placeholder item that is a link to any owned item (or capability?). Conceptually like the linux hard/soft file system links, or shortcuts in windows. It only exists once, but can be seen and manipulated from many places.

That should also provide some functionality (I think) I requested in a different context. When multiple pieces of armor are owned, that get used in overlapping sets, it is a nusiance (and error prone) to get all of the right pieces equipped and unequipped. Creating armor bundles for the combinations, then adding links to the real armor to the bundle should make it easy to equip all of the items in the bundle.
Same thing for hackers and programs. Add a 'configuration' bundle to a node, and add links to all of the programs that are running in that configuration. Then only need to set the configuration as (in)active/(not)running.
That should also work in the improvements window. Create bundles that apply only in a specific context (at home for In Tune lifestyle quality); a set of bonuses when a specific drug is taken. Then just need to enable that context bundle instead of individual improvements each time. Of course a higher level 'turn all off/unequip all' option will help keep things clean, or in some contexts, a 'mutually exclusive' flag on the placeholder to turn off any 'linked' groups when activating a new one. Allowing turning the groups/placeholders into a (effectively) a radio button set.

With that, there could end up being a lot of duplicate data being shown on the screen. Add a default (un)expand checkbox to those placeholders (and the existing location/bundle items). Or maybe 'expand only when active'.

Adding those placeholders to existing tabs provide a lot of power and flexibility. The next level, could be to allow the user to add new tabs somewhere in the hierarchy. Then people that want the 'matrix node' tab can create a clone of the gear tab, and add links to the actual commlinks, and nodes of drones.

That reminded me: Anywhere it can be manipulated, make the matrix node of devices an explicit component. For standard items, that would be nothing more than the base device rating, but provides a location to see/track any modifications or upgrades, hardware or software. To reduce clutter, keep that as a one line "Device Node({rating})" until something changes, then replace with an expandable "Device Node" containing the details.

Easier way of creating a permanent lifestyle, instead of clicking "+1" 100 times.

Being able to 'load' ammunition into spare clips, being able to switch clips (which may have partial loads)
AhonokoP
Hi, Chummer.

I've done translation of chummer to Japanese!
(Only SR4A, Augmentation, Street Magic. Other rule isn't yet published in Japan).

And, I want to distribute it to anybody needs it.

Then, I have some questions:
  1. What version number I should give my translation?
  2. How can I distribute it; including chummer package, or I have to release it independently?

I appreciate your development and language support.
Nebular
QUOTE (AhonokoP @ Apr 10 2013, 10:35 PM) *
Hi, Chummer.

I've done translation of chummer to Japanese!
(Only SR4A, Augmentation, Street Magic. Other rule isn't yet published in Japan).

And, I want to distribute it to anybody needs it.

Then, I have some questions:
  1. What version number I should give my translation?
  2. How can I distribute it; including chummer package, or I have to release it independently?

I appreciate your development and language support.

Awesome! I'm really interested in seeing how well it works with non-Roman characters. smile.gif

I noticed that you already have an account in Omae so I've setup your account to have permission to upload Japanese language files. The file for the UI translations should be called "jp.xml" and the one of the data should be called "jp_data.xml". As for version numbers, it doesn't matter; as long as you have the <version> tag in there with a number that's all it needs. The upload service takes care of stamping the files with version numbers. The first upload of each file should be stamped as -998 by the service. It's handled this way so that you can make updates as needed and I don't end up holding up the process as we're all in different time zones. wink.gif

You can find the instructions on uploading the files on the Uploading Language Files of the Chummer Wiki.

Once it's uploaded, everyone will be able to download it using the Update window in Chummer. I also pack all of the language files into the main download each time I do an update. There will be a new update out soon, so they'll be packed in with it if they're available then.
Nebular
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Apr 10 2013, 12:56 AM) *
If that is the reason for the limit, then System is effectively limited too.

Well, there's nothing saying that System can't be higher than Device Rating + 2 since it's software, but you're right, its effective Rating is still capped by the device's Response. You're allowed to purchase higher, you just don't get a benefit from it. I could see someone buying it in preparation for purchasing a Response upgrade for their device in the future.
Nebular
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Apr 10 2013, 03:45 PM) *
On the wiki page, http://www.chummergen.com/chummer/wiki/Imp...ent-System.ashx, couple of typos:
Under 'adapsin', "which discounts which discounts" should be just "which discounts"
Under adeptlinguistics, "which negates to cost of improving" should be "which negates the cost of improving"

Thanks for spotting these. Got 'em fixed! biggrin.gif

Yeah, the whole interlinking of objects is going to be a barrel of fun to get working, along with getting everything to be infinitely recursive. The refactoring is going to be an interesting time. smile.gif
AhonokoP
QUOTE (Nebular @ Apr 12 2013, 08:05 AM) *
Awesome! I'm really interested in seeing how well it works with non-Roman characters. smile.gif

I noticed that you already have an account in Omae so I've setup your account to have permission to upload Japanese language files. The file for the UI translations should be called "jp.xml" and the one of the data should be called "jp_data.xml". As for version numbers, it doesn't matter; as long as you have the <version> tag in there with a number that's all it needs. The upload service takes care of stamping the files with version numbers. The first upload of each file should be stamped as -998 by the service. It's handled this way so that you can make updates as needed and I don't end up holding up the process as we're all in different time zones. wink.gif

You can find the instructions on uploading the files on the Uploading Language Files of the Chummer Wiki.

Once it's uploaded, everyone will be able to download it using the Update window in Chummer. I also pack all of the language files into the main download each time I do an update. There will be a new update out soon, so they'll be packed in with it if they're available then.

I uploaded language files, thanks for instruction!
Nebular
QUOTE (AhonokoP @ Apr 11 2013, 06:26 PM) *
I uploaded language files, thanks for instruction!

Thanks! I had a big grin on my face when I saw it working! biggrin.gif I've posted the news to the Chummer site as well so everyone can see your great work!
Nebular
I'm happy with where things are at to finally put out another update, so here it is! (a little earlier than planned biggrin.gif)

Build 467
  • added a Threshold field to the Dice Roller window which will tell you if the roll was a success or failure
  • Karma and Nuyen tab now display charts to show the character's total Karma and Nuyen over time
  • fixed an issue where the Karma cost for increasing Initiation/Submersion Grade would not round correctly in the tooltip with Group and/or Ordeal checked
  • when selected, Armor Bundles now show the Ballistic and Impact Ratings of their equipped pieces
  • added support for <damageresistance /> to Quality requirements which requires a character's total Damage Resistance Pool to meet or exceed the specified size
  • Panzer Quality now requires Damage Resistance Pool of 5 instead of BOD 5
  • Paragons that offer a choice of bonuses now display their selected bonus on the Complex Forms and Sprites tab
  • Paragons that offer a choice of bonuses no longer prompt for a value to be entered in a textbox
  • fixed an issue where undoing an Nuyen Expense for an Armor Mod would not properly remove it from the list until reloading
  • removed the Concealable Holster from the Mortimer of London: Berwick Suit Jacket Ensemble
  • purchasing plugins for Gear with a quantity higher than 1 now costs the correct amount of Nuyen (plugin's cost x parent's quantity)
  • fixed an issue where Gear that is added as a plugin to another piece of Gear plugged into a piece of Armor could not be deleted until reloading the save file
  • increased maximum Rating for Wireless Negating Paint and Wallpaper from 6 to 10 to correspond to the Ratings of Jammers
  • changed Target Autosoft on Dragonfly Minidrone to Exotic Melee Weapon as per Arsenal Errata
  • corrected the Capacity for Clothing Ensembles
  • corrected the Avail for Firewall and System Vehicle Mods (0)
  • corrected the cost of Pelagos, Mediterranean
New Strings
  • Label_DiceRoller_Threshold
  • String_DiceRoller_Success
  • String_DiceRoller_Failure
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Nebular @ Apr 12 2013, 09:03 PM) *
I'm happy with where things are at to finally put out another update, so here it is! (a little earlier than planned biggrin.gif)

Build 467
  • .. snip ..

You rock!
JaronKel1
I'm having trouble using Chummer. When I execute the application nothing happens. I've been able to use it for about two months without any worries, but now it won't even run! I've tried deleting it and downloading it again, uninstalling and reinstalling the Microsoft .NET framework, and restarting my computer multiple times. I'm running Windows 7, if that makes a difference.
cndblank
Anyone at all?

The Chummer: Omae Character Exchange popup that list the characters in Omae is cutting off the top line of each characters but the top one.

It used to work fine.

QUOTE (cndblank @ Mar 27 2013, 10:00 AM) *
Anyone?

SpellBinder
Found a goof in the addition to the Dice Roller, when the Threshold is set it seems to call an insane number of glitches. In testing, with a DP of 6, Threshold 1, Gremlins 0, I got a dice roll of 2, 2, 1, 4, 3, 4 and the given result was "Failure (Glitch with 0 hits)", among other such weird results.
Dakka Dakka
What's weird about that result? This can happen if you roll physical dice as well. The interpretation is correct as well. There are no hits (a die shows 5 or 6) and there are not enough 1s to merit a glitch (half the pool are 1s)
Machine Ghost
That message seems to say that there was a glitch, which from the example dice is not the case. I ran a test with deliberately low dice pools to see what it reports for a real glitch:
R3, Threshold 1, Gremlins 0
6 1 1 Result: Success (Glitch with 1 Hits)
6 6 4 Result: Success (2 Hits)
4 3 1 Result: Failure (Glitch with 0 hits)
2 3 5 Result: Success (1 Hits)
6 1 5 Result: Success (2 Hits)
1 2 5 Result: Success (1 Hits)
4 3 3 Result: Failure (Glitch with 0 Hits)
4 1 1 Result: Critical Glitch

So yes, it appears that the message is showing a glitch when it should not, any time there are 0 hits. It should be showing
Result: Failure (0 Hits)
Dakka Dakka
Woops I misread that. There are indeed too many rolls that are deemed a glitch.
bannockburn
QUOTE (cndblank @ Apr 16 2013, 02:30 AM) *
Anyone at all?

The Chummer: Omae Character Exchange popup that list the characters in Omae is cutting off the top line of each characters but the top one.

It used to work fine.

Again:
http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?s=&a...t&p=1219677

@Nebular:
1.) When creating a Pixie character, Chummer counts 'Vanish' as a power instead of a weakness. Or, more precisely, the Pixie receives the power Vanishing, when it should receive the weakness Vanish (RC, p.85, not RW, p.215)
2.) Small typo: When adding a Software Programming Suit as gear, the corresponding item is missing the ing (Software Programm Suit). Guess, I know where it went wink.gif
Machine Ghost
Looks like modifications are not completely implemented for commlinks
QUOTE (Commlink Modifications UW196)
Commlinks are considered to have 4 available modification slots. In addition to the mods noted below, the following options listed under Weapon Modifications on pp. 148–153, Arsenal, may also be applied to electronics: Ceramic/Plasteel Components, Chameleon Coating, Extreme Environment Mod, Gecko Grip, Metahuman Customization, Propulsion System, Skinlink, and Tracker.
Regardless of how many of the 'commlink options' I add, the main devices shows "Capacity: 0 (0 remaining)". The listed Arsenal modifications are not available as plugins, except skinlink, and there is no 'mod' option available.

I noticed this while doing something 'obvious' but non standard. I tried to add a microphone sensor to a commlink (to tie audio enhancements to), and got "Capacity: 0 (-1 remaining)". That lead me to check how normal modifications got handled. I made the microphone work by adding a custom placeholder to the commlink, then adding the microphone to that. Stayed at (0 remaining) that way. Just from general information, I would expect a commlink to have the equivalent of a handheld/minidrone sensor package, containing camera, microphone, and probably 'inertial' sensor. Especially since it can effectively be turned into a (mobile) drone using the "Propulsion System" modification.

For the refactoring, perhaps include an option (per device) to show/hide default/optional components. Like integrated sensor packages and nodes, so that they can be accessed when modifications are wanted, but that go away to reduce clutter when the contents are 'standard'.
Mantis
Weird bug has cropped up. When buying ammo via the add ammo button, the program multiplies the cost of the new ammo by that of the currently owned ammo. This only happens when you use the button. If you just buy ammo from the main menu it works fine. I nearly had a heart attack when I bought an additional 100 rounds of APDS and it cost over 100,000¥.
I suspect this is being caused by something in this new fix.
purchasing plugins for Gear with a quantity higher than 1 now costs the correct amount of Nuyen (plugin's cost x parent's quantity)
fmatte
I've found a few issues with the special weapons listed in the SR4A on page 319.

1) Chummer uses the pistol skill instead of the Exotic Ranged Weapon skill
2) These weapons don't show in the Exotic Ranged Weapon skill specialization list

Also, for minigrenades (which can only be fired with a grenade launcher) Chummer uses the Pistol skill instead of the Heavy Weapons skill.
bannockburn
for 2: You can't specialize in Exotic Weapons skills, so you're supposed to enter a value by yourself smile.gif
fmatte
QUOTE (bannockburn @ Apr 18 2013, 08:36 AM) *
for 2: You can't specialize in Exotic Weapons skills, so you're supposed to enter a value by yourself smile.gif

I know, but there's already a pre-filled list smile.gif

But anyway the idea here was that for the weapon itself, Chummer uses the wrong skill. It calculates it properly if you take weapon from the Exotic Weapon group such as the Ares Screech Sonic Rifle but not from the special weapon group
Nebular
QUOTE (cndblank @ Apr 15 2013, 06:30 PM) *
Anyone at all?

It used to work fine.

I had posted this before in response: smile.gif
QUOTE (Nebular @ Mar 21 2013, 12:53 PM) *
I can't seem to get this to happen at all... It doesn't have anything to do with your browser since it's all custom controls and doesn't use any web browser components. Could you either post a link to a screenshot or email me a screenshot (nebular@shaw.ca) so I can see what it's currently looking like? That might help me figure out what's going on. Right now it sounds like a font size issue, but that should have been corrected ages ago with all of the other font size/scaling fixes I made.
Nebular
QUOTE (bannockburn @ Apr 16 2013, 09:37 AM) *
Again:
http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?s=&a...t&p=1219677

@Nebular:
1.) When creating a Pixie character, Chummer counts 'Vanish' as a power instead of a weakness. Or, more precisely, the Pixie receives the power Vanishing, when it should receive the weakness Vanish (RC, p.85, not RW, p.215)
2.) Small typo: When adding a Software Programming Suit as gear, the corresponding item is missing the ing (Software Programm Suit). Guess, I know where it went wink.gif

I've updated the data files to correct these.
Nebular
QUOTE (fmatte @ Apr 18 2013, 07:32 AM) *
I've found a few issues with the special weapons listed in the SR4A on page 319.

1) Chummer uses the pistol skill instead of the Exotic Ranged Weapon skill
2) These weapons don't show in the Exotic Ranged Weapon skill specialization list

Also, for minigrenades (which can only be fired with a grenade launcher) Chummer uses the Pistol skill instead of the Heavy Weapons skill.

I've updated the data files to add the missing Exotic Ranged Weapons Skill to these Weapons; they should now appear in the list of Exotic Ranged Weapon Specializations. It just pulls a list of all of the Weapons that use the Skill.

I've also added the Heavy Weapons Skill to the Minigrenades; technically they shouldn't even show a Dice Pool since they require the Grenade Launcher which shows its own Dice Pool but you could argue that someone might throw them by hand in a desperate situation, so I can see where showing the Pistols value would be rather confusing. Never even noticed that 'til now. smile.gif
SpellBinder
On the subject of weapons, the Victorinox SmartStaff uses different skills for the various forms it can take. Currently it happens to pull from the same skill regardless if you are using it as a short sword or a pole arm.
Nebular
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Apr 15 2013, 08:50 PM) *
Found a goof in the addition to the Dice Roller, when the Threshold is set it seems to call an insane number of glitches. In testing, with a DP of 6, Threshold 1, Gremlins 0, I got a dice roll of 2, 2, 1, 4, 3, 4 and the given result was "Failure (Glitch with 0 hits)", among other such weird results.

Whoops, there's a Glitch string put in the non-Glitched path of logic. It should just read "Failure (0 Hits)". I'll have this fixed in the next update.
Nebular
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Apr 18 2013, 05:42 PM) *
On the subject of weapons, the Victorinox SmartStaff uses different skills for the various forms it can take. Currently it happens to pull from the same skill regardless if you are using it as a short sword or a pole arm.

Updated the Weapons file to correct this.
Shaidar
I'm having troubles getting a Custom Metatype file to work.

I'm trying to create a new race for a player, I thought I'd go the Metatype route as opposed to adding a Metavariant because I wanted different Attribute ranges

But I can't get custom files for either to show-up in Chummer.

I also can't figure out how to use the XSD files.
fmatte
QUOTE (Nebular @ Apr 18 2013, 06:40 PM) *
I've updated the data files to add the missing Exotic Ranged Weapons Skill to these Weapons; they should now appear in the list of Exotic Ranged Weapon Specializations. It just pulls a list of all of the Weapons that use the Skill.

I've also added the Heavy Weapons Skill to the Minigrenades; technically they shouldn't even show a Dice Pool since they require the Grenade Launcher which shows its own Dice Pool but you could argue that someone might throw them by hand in a desperate situation, so I can see where showing the Pistols value would be rather confusing. Never even noticed that 'til now. smile.gif

The grenade launcher does show its own dicepool in chummer, but not on the printed character sheet. It simply displays "Grenade", so we have to look at the minigrenade line to know the dicepool.

I've updated Chummer, but it still uses the pistol dicepool for the minigrenade
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012