Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chummer Character Generator
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
valavaern
New Request / Bug report: when making custom equipment and/or powers, the <movementpercent> tag will only accept a flat number; it cannot take an equation like most other bonuses can. I get an error whenever I try to add a power that gives a bonus of <movementpercent>MAG * 50</movementpercent>, for example.
Sengir
Just noticed that cyberware with base Availability 0 goes down to -1 when selecting a used grade. Technically correct (the description for used ware does not say "minimum 0" anywhere), but I doubt negative thresholds were intended wink.gif
Makki
I noticed, several groups like to houserule, that Adept Way qualities are free. Maybe, this can be added in the house rules section.
Valnar
QUOTE (Makki @ Aug 20 2012, 08:07 PM) *
I noticed, several groups like to houserule, that Adept Way qualities are free. Maybe, this can be added in the house rules section.

Maybe it would be better to just allow people to mark and label any quality as "free quality", you know, for more generalization and reuseability, rather than specialization and single purpose code. That way groups who like to make any quality free can just do so, no matter the quality. Racial qualities could also be marked this way, making it easier for the GM to see what qualities came from the metatype/-variation and which were chosen by the player.
KnightAries
QUOTE (Makki @ Aug 20 2012, 11:07 AM) *

QUOTE (Valnar @ Aug 20 2012, 12:32 PM) *
Maybe it would be better to just allow people to mark and label any quality as "free quality", you know, for more generalization and reuseability, rather than specialization and single purpose code. That way groups who like to make any quality free can just do so, no matter the quality. Racial qualities could also be marked this way, making it easier for the GM to see what qualities came from the metatype/-variation and which were chosen by the player.

You already can make qualities free after the character is marked as created; add a quality, select the quality you want to add and the option to make it free is there to the right as a check box.
Valnar
Yeah, but it would be useful to have during character generation too, to avoid getting characters that cannot be created even though they would be legal using various house rules. Yeah, I know, that's what the "ignore character creation rules" checkbox is for. Which reminds me of something:
I don't think it's possible to check this option once you already started character creation, am I correct? If so, this should probably be made possible, so people who forgot to check the box won't have to start character creation all over again.
SpellBinder
If a change in the quality cost is gonna be standard for your game at character creation, you can write an XML override file to set their costs to zero, rather than a house rule for Chummer.

As for the "Ignore Character Creation Rules", once you've saved a chummer file you'll have to use a text editor (like Notepad.exe) to edit the very file itself; the files are essentially in an XML format as well, but with a different file extension. I won't detail how to do this, but if you examine an existing save file that already ignores the creation rules to one that doesn't, you'll see the tag you'll need to add to enable this on the other file. I'll leave it to Nebular if he wants to extend this to within Chummer itself.
Valnar
While I am quite comfortable editing XML files, there are going to be users who would be absolutely clueless as to what to do. Those users would definitely profit from an in-program solution. The way I see it, most essential features are already included in chummer, so it's probably time to focus on maximum comfort and useability now. You CAN do almost anything with chummer, but it's not always easy, quick or intuitive yet.
Tashiro
QUOTE (Valnar @ Aug 20 2012, 04:39 PM) *
While I am quite comfortable editing XML files, there are going to be users who would be absolutely clueless as to what to do. Those users would definitely profit from an in-program solution. The way I see it, most essential features are already included in chummer, so it's probably time to focus on maximum comfort and useability now. You CAN do almost anything with chummer, but it's not always easy, quick or intuitive yet.

Hey! I resemble that remark!
Also, idle question - how do you mark down permanent attribute loss (like from extreme injuries and such)?
SpellBinder
Permanent attribute loss? In career mode go to Special in the menu bar > Reduce Attribute > choose the relevant attribute from the drop down list & check the box "Do Not Affect Metatype Maximum" if you want (otherwise your maximum attribute will also decrease) > click "Okay".
Nebular
Build 405
    - added support for naming Gear
    - fixed an issue where clicking the +/- buttons for Lifestyles without a Lifestyle selected would throw an error
    - Improvements can now include an Attribute name (see below)
    - Qualities can now be marked as Free in Create Mode, reducing their cost to 0 BP/Karma
    - Cyberware can no longer have an Avail lower than 0
Attribute Names in Improvements
Attribute names (such as RES and STR) can now be used in an Improvement's value XML, such as <movementpercent>MAG * 50</movementpercent>. This will not change when the character's Attribute changes; it will only use the Attribute's value at the time the Improvement is added. If the character's Attribute changes after this Improvement has been added, you will need to select Re-Apply Improvements from the Special menu.

New Strings
    - Menu_NameGear
    - Message_SelectGearName
    - String_GearName
Nebular
QUOTE (shinyjam @ Aug 16 2012, 09:33 AM) *
Not sure if it just different interpretation, but Perceptive quality in Chummer doesn't add dice to Assessing while Herolab does.

As per SR4 121: "Defaulting allows a character to still make the test using only the linked attribute in their dice pool, but with a dice pool modifier of -1." This to me means that you only get the linked Attribute - 1 and no modifiers. There is, however, an option to enable this on the House Rules tab in the Options window. Turn on Skill Defaulting includes Modifiers and you should be set.
Nebular
QUOTE (KnightAries @ Aug 11 2012, 11:33 PM) *
Corrections that I was finally able to find for the PACKS Gear kits
... bunch of stuff! ...
I've actually gone through and made many of the fixes in a custom xml that I can send for review and possible faster repair if you like.

I've updated the PACKS file to fix most of these issues. There are a few things like Weapon Accessories and Vehicle Modifiers that I can't address since they need to be attached to something in order to be added to the character, and the Kits don't mention which items they're attached to, leaving it up to the player to decide. If you've found a way, I'd love to see your custom file! smile.gif
Scarecrow
Wow. I've asked 3 questions since the last build - one of them MORE THAN ONCE - and not one comment on them? I mean, you don't have to add fixes for them, but not even to comment on them?
Nebular
QUOTE (Raven the Trickster @ Aug 11 2012, 07:18 PM) *
And another bug, Ceramic Bone Lacing is not correctly adding to the damage show for Unarmed attacks

In Chummer, Ceramic Bone Lacing doesn't add to the character's Unarmed Attack. It instead creates a new Weapon called Ceramic Bone Lacing which should use the correct DV.
Nebular
QUOTE (Scarecrow @ Aug 20 2012, 08:40 PM) *
Wow. I've asked 3 questions since the last build - one of them MORE THAN ONCE - and not one comment on them? I mean, you don't have to add fixes for them, but not even to comment on them?

Sorry, it's getting hard to keep up on all of this stuff. A lot of times it looks like someone has answered the question I'm reading and I think it was already covered. frown.gif

For Dracoforms, these bonuses were left out since they only apply when the character is in their shifted form. Once the character is in Career Mode, you can create custom Improvements for these bonuses on the Improvements tab and turn them on and off whenever the character changes their form.

As far as PACKS and Spell go, this is something I have intention left as-is. The logic basically being that if you're taking that Kit with all of those Spells, you'll go back and raise your MAG to the correct value. I didn't want it to NOT add the Spells since they're expected to be there when you take it. This is more of a convenience consideration for Game Masters.

For the Weapon Dice Pool tooltip, this appears to actually be an issue with Create Mode. The tooltip appears properly in Career Mode but was left out in Create Mode for some reason. I'll have this added in the next update.
Nebular
QUOTE (KnightAries @ Aug 11 2012, 07:13 PM) *
There is an error in pricing for False Front With mimic option. Chummer is saying 12k per point which is correct for false front but the mimic option is supposed give another +4 availability (which is added) and +10k to price (which is not added).

AU 68-69

Chummer is pricing Ceramic and Plasteel components wrong. It saying rating 1 is weapon cost; Rating 2 is Weapon cost x2; Rating 3 is Weapon Cost x5 when they are supposed to be Rating 1 Weapon x2; Rating 2 Weapon x 3; Rating 3 Weapon x6. This is with my interpretation that the costs are supposed to be in addition to the cost of the weapon.

AR 149/150

I've updated the Bioware file to correct the price for the Mimic option.

You're right about the Ceramic/Plasteel Components. This requires a change to the code so I'll have this fixed in the next update.
Nebular
QUOTE (Raven the Trickster @ Aug 11 2012, 07:12 PM) *
Bug report, just updated today an Muscle Toner is not adding correctly to my character. I have a human with AGI 4 and Muscle Toner 3 (in build mode, build restrictions disabled, building an opposing runner team) On the character sheet it's only showing the Agility 4, I tried dropping the Muscle Toner down to 2 and that ended up with showing Agility 4(3) instead of 4(6) which is what it should be.

From what I've quickly tried, this seems to be working correctly. Create a new character with only AGI 4 and Muscle Toner 3 and AGI appears as 4 (7). Does the character you're creating have any Cyberlimbs at all? Since their default AGI is 3, that will drag down the character's average AGI unless those are raised.
shinyjam
QUOTE (Nebular @ Aug 21 2012, 02:59 AM) *
As per SR4 121: "Defaulting allows a character to still make the test using only the linked attribute in their dice pool, but with a dice pool modifier of -1." This to me means that you only get the linked Attribute - 1 and no modifiers. There is, however, an option to enable this on the House Rules tab in the Options window. Turn on Skill Defaulting includes Modifiers and you should be set.

Ehh, there's no problem about defaulting. I mean the Perceptive Quality only adding dices to perception skill but not assessing skill when they are not defaulting.

The interpretation I meant was about the text that state "dice pool modifier on all perception test, including astral and matrix perception test", which doesn't mention the skill assessing, and I'm wondering if herolab's interpretation of giving dice bonus to assessing skill is credible.
SpellBinder
I'd think Hero Labs has it wrong. Assensing an aura (as in, reading an aura for information and making a test on the chart on SR4a page 191) is not a perception test. The Perceptive quality would apply when you make an Assensing test to try and spot an astral entity that's trying to hide or otherwise sneak about, but not when you're trying to gauge someone's aura to see if their Magic is higher than your own.
shinyjam
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Aug 21 2012, 07:08 AM) *
I'd think Hero Labs has it wrong.

Yeah, I agree. Just wondering if Hero Lab are credible since I assume they works with the publisher so they might have it clarify?

Ps: They also have it as no bonus to assessing skill until a recent bug fix that added it back.
LurkerOutThere
Feature Request:

I don't know if iit's in the purveiw of the program but a spreadsheet I used to use for character generation helpfully put the statblocks, including ratings formula, powers, options powers etc for a technomancers stream on the sheet, and I presume did the same for mages. Is there any way this could be implemented in chummer as well? Thanks a bunch and am (still) loving the program.
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Scarecrow @ Aug 21 2012, 10:40 AM) *

Dude, tone down the attitude.

Nebular's doing all this in his free time.
Scarecrow
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Aug 22 2012, 11:32 AM) *
Dude, tone down the attitude.

Nebular's doing all this in his free time.

I wasn't trying to be a pain in the ass. If my post came off that way, all I can say is that I wasn't trying to be a dick.

Neb, I understand you are doing this in your free time. It's all good. I asked why, you answered. Far as I'm concerned, this is a non-issue.
Mantis
Found an issue with thrown grenades. The ranges aren't correct. For my Strength 3 adept with Power Throw 1 the range for a non-aerodynamic grenade should be 0-8(Str x 2), 9-16 (x4), 17-24 (x6), 25-40 (x10). Chummer lists the ranges as 0-10, 11-20, 21-30, 31-50, which is totally wrong, whether they are aerodynamic or non.
Could you also add a toggle to say whether the grenades are aerodynamic or non since that will affect ranges and scatter.
Valnar
QUOTE (Mantis @ Aug 23 2012, 08:48 AM) *
Found an issue with thrown grenades. The ranges aren't correct. For my Strength 3 adept with Power Throw 1 the range for a non-aerodynamic grenade should be 0-8(Str x 2), 9-16 (x4), 17-24 (x6), 25-40 (x10). Chummer lists the ranges as 0-10, 11-20, 21-30, 31-50, which is totally wrong, whether they are aerodynamic or non.
Could you also add a toggle to say whether the grenades are aerodynamic or non since that will affect ranges and scatter.

Afaik Power Throw adds 2 to your effective Strength when using throwing weapons, so chummer has it right.
forgarn
Valnar, you remember correctly.

Mantis, Chummer does have it listed correctly. Your strength is effectively a 5 for purpose of range and damage of thrown weapons.
b0bd3n4rd
Hey there,

I don't know if it was addressed already, but Sprite names aren't being translated on the printed sheets, neither in French or German.

Keep up the good work!
Mantis
Dammit. I conflated rating with the effect. embarrassed.gif On the upside, I can throw those grenades even further.
I'd still like a toggle to select whether the grenades are aerodynamic or not. Unless I missed that too.
Makki
are you planning on adding training cost for animals? It's Running Wild p.35
Maybe as "plugin" for animals in the gear section?
Sengir
Most of the entries for missiles and grenades in the weapons.xml only have a 0 listed for price and Availability, the result is that most <weapon> entries in the printout .xml don't have this info, either. Would it be possible to copy the price and Avail info from the gears.xml into the weapons.xml (and thereby have it present in the <weapon> tag)?
almost normal
A request, if possible. I'm not allowed to change the percentage cost of animals. I'd like to be able to, to represent trained or fertile animals.
Hellfire
Hello Nebular,

just noticed a slight glitch. When adding a martial art advantage which adds DV to unarmed attacks this DV bonus is also added to unarmed attack weapons (like the shock glove or shock frills), I do not think that this is how this is supposed to be...
Minimax le Rouge
hello,
i try to add an off road suspension to an ares mobmaster (UCL25), and i have this error back:

[ Spoiler ]

SpellBinder
Tested and got the same, and also an error when clicking to select the Off-Road Suspension mod or the vehicle itself (and other vehicles, if any are present). This doesn't happen with a vehicle that comes with the Off-Road Suspension mod (used the Tata Hotspur). It also did not happen when I added Off-Road Suspension to an Indian Pathfinder, though it showed up with the Entertainment Systems Papoose, and the BMW Trollhammer (and not the one with Metahuman Adaptation). I'm not sure if this is limited to just the vehicles from UCL or not (those are the only ones I tested), and errors seem to persist once they show until the Off-Road Suspension is removed from the affected vehicle.
ZenPollo
Howdy folks

I love this application BTW -- I have referred everyone I know to use this as the generator of choice.

A quick issue/bug with the lastest release.

I seems the BP cost for contacts is not calculating. I tried manually adjusting the BP cost for contacts on the options-BP cost menu, but it doesn't seem to work either. All the contacts are coming up free, both on the BP remaining balance and the BP summary tab.

Anyone else having this issue?

Regards
ZP
bannockburn
Do you have the optional houserule active to give free contact points based on charisma?
ZenPollo
To answer your question, Bannock, No. However, we do use the house rule to give a free amount of BPs for contacts, which was activated. The issue was that no BP's were being charged for contacts under any circumstances.

Nevertheless, I closed the application completely and reopened a character. The BP's for contacts worked out correctly this time -- I suppose the contact BPs didn't update with the option change until the application was closed and re-opened.

False alarm!

--ZP
bannockburn
Yeah, I was about to suggest that next smile.gif
You need to restart the program to commit changes smile.gif
Hellfire
Hi Nebular,

a feature/content request:

a few additions from Augmentations are missing: see p.46/47 Augmentations: some (if not all) modular plugins for cyberlimbs are not in the program. I was specifically looking for raptor cyberlegs, however also other things like the drone hand, jackhammer plugin etc. are missing.

Furthermore adding the equipment / cyberware from Shadowrun 2050 would be great.

Thanks and keep up the great work.
CeeJay
QUOTE (Hellfire @ Aug 27 2012, 01:04 PM) *
a few additions from Augmentations are missing: see p.46/47 Augmentations: some (if not all) modular plugins for cyberlimbs are not in the program. I was specifically looking for raptor cyberlegs, however also other things like the drone hand, jackhammer plugin etc. are missing.

These things are already in Chummer. They're just not easy to find...
If you want to have raptor cyberlegs, add two full leg replacements to your character. Than add the "Modular Cyberlimb" plug-in to your leg (it's under Cyberlimb Accessory). Now, if you add another plug-in to the now modular cyberlimb, you will notice another available category named "Modular Plug-in" that contains the raptor legs and all the other modular plug-ins.

-CJ
Hellfire
QUOTE (CeeJay @ Aug 27 2012, 02:21 PM) *
These things are already in Chummer. They're just not easy to find...
If you want to have raptor cyberlegs, add two full leg replacements to your character. Than add the "Modular Cyberlimb" plug-in to your leg (it's under Cyberlimb Accessory). Now, if you add another plug-in to the now modular cyberlimb, you will notice another available category named "Modular Plug-in" that contains the raptor legs and all the other modular plug-ins.

-CJ

Thanks. I have now made more than 40 characters with chummer and wasn't aware o fhow to find these smile.gif

@nebular: ok, delete my first request, but adding Shadowrun 2050 equipment and cyberware would still be great.
valavaern
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Aug 21 2012, 01:08 AM) *
I'd think Hero Labs has it wrong. Assensing an aura (as in, reading an aura for information and making a test on the chart on SR4a page 191) is not a perception test. The Perceptive quality would apply when you make an Assensing test to try and spot an astral entity that's trying to hide or otherwise sneak about, but not when you're trying to gauge someone's aura to see if their Magic is higher than your own.

Assensing an aura is absolutely a perception test. Anything using the Assensing skill is, by definition, and Astral Perception test.
valavaern
using <movementpercent>MAG * 50</movementpercent> in an adept power is still returning an error, while <movementpercent>100</movementpercent> is calculating fine.

error message:
[ Spoiler ]
SpellBinder
QUOTE (valavaern @ Aug 27 2012, 10:22 PM) *
Assensing an aura is absolutely a perception test. Anything using the Assensing skill is, by definition, and Astral Perception test.

Perception tests are used to detect what is hidden from the senses, not to decipher information of what is in front of you.

Any further discussion on this should be taken to the Shadowrun discussion folder.
TonkaTuff
First off, big fan of the program. It's been a godsend after so many years away from the system. Thanks for putting in the effort, Nebular.

Anyway, an admittedly minor bug, but I didn't see it rep'd earlier in the thread. I'm using version 405.

In the summary column in creation mode, the CF line is tallying the number of complex forms purchased, not the BP spent. Though the running tally in the info bar at the bottom appears to keep current and correct. I don't have any of the houserule cost adjustments toggled.

Starmage21
This thread has become tl;dr and search didnt come up with this so:

New(?) issue:
Cyberware Commlink allows you to add a custom commlink as gear. Aside from that, you cannot do anything else, even dictate the stats of the cyberware commlink.
SpellBinder
The commlinks part has been brought up before, though I don't know if Nebular is going to expand the tree in that part or not.

What I do myself, and find it works just fine, is to create a new location in the gear section labeled something like "Implanted Commlink" and put all the guts of said commlink in that.
ChatNoir
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Aug 29 2012, 10:49 AM) *
The commlinks part has been brought up before, though I don't know if Nebular is going to expand the tree in that part or not.

What I do myself, and find it works just fine, is to create a new location in the gear section labeled something like "Implanted Commlink" and put all the guts of said commlink in that.

There are already enough sub levels on a regular commlink.

With everything in the cyber panel it would be crazy.

Right now, it's just a place holder to pay for the essence (or capacity in a cyberpart) and it fine by me. Perharps adding an indication somewhere on the Cyberware Commlink could help people.
Nebular
QUOTE (Scarecrow @ Aug 22 2012, 03:28 PM) *
I wasn't trying to be a pain in the ass. If my post came off that way, all I can say is that I wasn't trying to be a dick.

Neb, I understand you are doing this in your free time. It's all good. I asked why, you answered. Far as I'm concerned, this is a non-issue.

No worries! I'm glad you pointed it out otherwise I might have missed them altogether. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012