Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chummer Character Generator
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Mar 17 2012, 10:44 AM) *
When dealing with possession based traditions, how do you replace materialization with possession/inhabitation in the spirit character?

Er... good question! I'll add a checkbox the Select Metatype window when creating a Spirit to show they're being summoned by a Possess-based Tradition user which will replace Materialization with Possession in the next update.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Mar 18 2012, 09:07 AM) *
Er... good question! I'll add a checkbox the Select Metatype window when creating a Spirit to show they're being summoned by a Possess-based Tradition user which will replace Materialization with Possession in the next update.

Another question, how to you add a power back after it's been deleted.
I deleted Materialization thinking maybe that's what I needed to do, and there was no way to add it back.
I was thinking that the add powers should list all optional powers not added as well as all standard powers no in the list.
Could also have it so that if materialization and possession are missing have them both listed in the powers list.
Once one is added remove the other from the list.
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Mar 18 2012, 10:47 AM) *
Another question, how to you add a power back after it's been deleted.
I deleted Materialization thinking maybe that's what I needed to do, and there was no way to add it back.
I was thinking that the add powers should list all optional powers not added as well as all standard powers no in the list.
Could also have it so that if materialization and possession are missing have them both listed in the powers list.
Once one is added remove the other from the list.

Can do.
The Wrestling Troll
Could you make an entry in the "unarmed weapon" section for normal fists?
Would be very usefull for adepts that want to see how much damage they do with their adept powers and normal fists without "hardliner gloves" since they are classified as weapons.
Nebular
QUOTE (The Wrestling Troll @ Mar 20 2012, 08:59 AM) *
Could you make an entry in the "unarmed weapon" section for normal fists?
Would be very usefull for adepts that want to see how much damage they do with their adept powers and normal fists without "hardliner gloves" since they are classified as weapons.

Yup, this will be in the next update. I'm going to remove the default Unarmed Attack item that is printed with each character and replace it with the new Unarmed Attack Weapon that will be in the updated Weapons data file so that characters can add/remove it as desired. By default, all new characters will come with the Unarmed Combat Weapon automatically given to them. Existing characters will just need to manually add the Unarmed Attack Weapon if they want it.

EDIT: I'll probably upload the next update this evening.
Tashiro
I was trying to make a Free Spirit, and it said I had four slots for choosing Powers. When I went to choose any power, it gave me an error. :\
Nebular
QUOTE (Tashiro @ Mar 20 2012, 09:51 AM) *
I was trying to make a Free Spirit, and it said I had four slots for choosing Powers. When I went to choose any power, it gave me an error. :\

Ack. The window is confused over whether you're using the Critter Free Spirit or the Metatype Free Spirit (rather than just asking if the character if it's a Critter or not) and is looking for the point cost for Optional Powers in the wrong place. I'll have this fixed in tonight's update.
The Wrestling Troll
Martial Arts (Boxing) doesn't add the DV modifier per rating, don't know if it applies for other martial arts aswell.
Could you also add a unarmed attack "weapon" against barriers? Just for the adepts with smashing blow so we don't need to calculate it everytime smile.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (The Wrestling Troll @ Mar 20 2012, 12:38 PM) *
Martial Arts (Boxing) doesn't add the DV modifier per rating, don't know if it applies for other martial arts aswell.
Could you also add a unarmed attack "weapon" against barriers? Just for the adepts with smashing blow so we don't need to calculate it everytime smile.gif

Boxing's +1 Unarmed DV Advantage was automaticlaly fixed as part of moving Unarmed Attack over to the Weapons Category. (It's not +1 per Rating though - it's +1 per time you add that particular Advantage. Martial Arts themselves don't grant any bonuses - they only let you choose particular Advantages which in turn grant bonuses.) I'll add an Unarmed Attack (Smashing Blow) Weapon as well.
The Wrestling Troll
Thanks a lot!

Never seen a Dev of a piece of software react so quickly to bug reports smile.gif
Nebular
Build 345
  • possessed Living Vessels now change their Alias to [Vessel's Alias] (Possessed)
  • possessed Inanimate Vessels now change their Alias to [Vessel Type] (Possessed)
  • added a checkbox to the Select Metatype window to replace Materialization with Possession or Inhabitation when creating a Spirit
  • Select Critter Power window now shows any Critter Powers that the Critter comes with by default that have been deleted
  • Select Critter Power window now includes Possession and Inhabitation if the Critter's Manifestation Critter Power has been removed
  • printout no longer automatically adds an Unarmed Attack Weapon to the character (replaced by the new Unarmed Attack Weapon that can be added and removed)
  • new characters automatically receive the new Unarmed Attack Weapon that can be added and removed as desired
  • fixed an issue where attempting to add Critter Powers to the non-Critter Free Spirit would throw an error
New Strings
  • Checkbox_Metatype_PossessionTradition
  • Tip_Metatype_PossessionTradition
ShadowWalker
When I create a Force 5 Spirit of Man, might happen with other spirit types not checked yet, I end up with -410 BP.
When I have possession in the powers list I don't see anything in the menu items to select what it's possessing.
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Mar 20 2012, 04:51 PM) *
When I create a Force 5 Spirit of Man, might happen with other spirit types not checked yet, I end up with -410 BP.
When I have possession in the powers list I don't see anything in the menu items to select what it's possessing.

This is how Critters have always worked. They don't follow the standard character BP and creation rules, so they just show how many BP they would have consumed if they were a standard character with a 0 BP Metatype to give you an idea as to their approximate BP value. It's the non-existent Metatype BP cost that really screws it up. (They can have any number of Attributes at their Metatype maximum, Metatype BP cost of 0 with all of those Attributes, Powers, and Qualities is bonkers from a character standpoint but perfectly acceptable for Critters, etc.)

In order to Possess/Inhabit something, the Critter needs to be in Career Mode. The logic being that Spirits don't possess something while they're still being formed. Since there is no actual link between the Spirit, Vessel, and merged character, the possessed character would never be updated to reflect the erratic changes a Spirit is likely to go through in Create Mode. I have the how-to page for Possession and Inhabitation on the wiki.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Mar 20 2012, 06:57 PM) *
This is how Critters have always worked. They don't follow the standard character BP and creation rules, so they just show how many BP they would have consumed if they were a standard character with a 0 BP Metatype to give you an idea as to their approximate BP value. It's the non-existent Metatype BP cost that really screws it up. (They can have any number of Attributes at their Metatype maximum, Metatype BP cost of 0 with all of those Attributes, Powers, and Qualities is bonkers from a character standpoint but perfectly acceptable for Critters, etc.)

In order to Possess/Inhabit something, the Critter needs to be in Career Mode. The logic being that Spirits don't possess something while they're still being formed. Since there is no actual link between the Spirit, Vessel, and merged character, the possessed character would never be updated to reflect the erratic changes a Spirit is likely to go through in Create Mode. I have the how-to page for Possession and Inhabitation on the wiki.

cool, hadn't taken it to career mode yet.
Thanks.
taeksosin
QUOTE (Nebular @ Mar 9 2012, 05:20 PM) *
I can add a house rule of the Metatype Attribute one.

You can only change the variables (multipliers) for Karma costs, not the actual formula itself. I'd need to know which ones you'd want to change and how before I can really determine if it's possible and how much work it would involve.

Regarding that Nebular, here's the thread that I'm pulling values from.

Udoshi's Technomancer Houserules: http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=36511

QUOTE (Udoshi)
Living Persona And Bionode Changes:
Signal is based now based Two-Thirds Resonance, Round up, instead of half.

All persona stats start at Half Resonance, round down, plus Half the relevant Attribute, rounded up. No persona stat may be greater than resonance.

Complex Forms can only go as high as 1.5xresonance, round down, instead of 2x.

The starting limit on complex forms is now 3x Software, instead of Logic x 2.

technomancers now have a built in Biofeedback Filter equal to their Resonance, and it does not count against the limit on complex forms. Additionally, once play begins it is treated like any other complex form

Complex forms now have a flat Cost at character generation, and by karma, as well as for options. The cost depends on character creation method:
in BP gen:
Instead, each complex form has a flat cost of 3BP(like mage, and about double what a hacker pays for a tricked out program) per form, and the form starts with a rating equal to your Resonance.

Under karma and karmagen, complex forms now ALSO have a flat cost.
the Revised Karma value for complex forms is 2 karma per level, with no adjustments based on the rating.
Clarification: This means rating 1 is 2 karma. Rating 2 is two more karma, or 4. Rating 3 is two more karma, 6 total, etcetera etcetera.

Sprite Have Standardized Skills
Every sprite now has the following skills equal to their rating: Electronic Warfare, hacking, Computer, Data Search. For complex forms, they have Analyze and Browse. The programs that use these skills are still dependent on sprite type. (note that they do not have Software. Or, if they did, they would have a specific restriction against using threading)

Additionally, they have Cybercombat and an Attack program at half their rating, round down, unless they are a sprite type that already has better. All sprites can fight, but some are really BAD at it. They also have Edit, at half rating, round down.

Unrated Complex Forms don't cost against the starting complex form limit.
Control Rig is available as an unrated complex form
Expert System is also available as an unrated complex form, mostly for TMs that have Biowires.
Anything a hacker can run, a technomancer can learn as a CF. (borrowed slightly from the FAQ)

Some gratuitous copy-pasta, I know, but I at least cut it into slightly bite sized chunks. If these things are feasible, fantastic. If not, I'll just make my TM loving player make his characters by hand smile.gif
crazymykl
Smashing Blow is doing only twice the base DV, ignoring modifiers (Martial arts, bone lacing, critical strike, &c.). It is my understanding that these would apply, but would not be doubled. If your reading of this rule differs, it could always be a house rule.

Also, perhaps improvements should be groupable, and toggleable as groups. It would make mages' lives a bit easier.

EDIT: The weapon focus modification for weapons still caps at rating 6, not the new cap of 18.

That being said, amazing job with everything; love the new shiny features.
Tashiro
Awesome fix on spirits, but I noticed the Free Spirit PC doesn't get to choose between materialize and possession traditions - and when you select the type for Free Spirit 'critters', it doesn't give them either power either. I also noticed when you select a spirit critter (free or otherwise) it doesn't tell you the limit on how many powers it can have like it used to. Is this intentional?
Nebular
QUOTE (crazymykl @ Mar 20 2012, 10:38 PM) *
Smashing Blow is doing only twice the base DV, ignoring modifiers (Martial arts, bone lacing, critical strike, &c.). It is my understanding that these would apply, but would not be doubled. If your reading of this rule differs, it could always be a house rule.

Also, perhaps improvements should be groupable, and toggleable as groups. It would make mages' lives a bit easier.

EDIT: The weapon focus modification for weapons still caps at rating 6, not the new cap of 18.

That being said, amazing job with everything; love the new shiny features.

Weapon Focus is now capped at 18. If your character already had a Weapon Focus, you'll need to remove it and re-add it so it picks up the new maximum Rating information.

I'll see what I can do about grouping Improvements. I know it's doable, they're just... slightly more complicated than most of the other stuff. smile.gif

To me, the wording between Smashing Blow and the rules for breaking barries makes it sound as though everything should be doubled before making the Test. SR4 166 under Destroying Barries: The purcpoase of the attack test is to generate extra hits to add to the Damage Value. If the character got no hits, then only apply the base Damage Value., and SM 179 under Smashing Blow Multiply his base DV by 2 when performing an unarmed strike on a barrier or other static structure. So, to me at least, it sounds like the base damage is the amount of damage the character does to the barrier if they scored 0 Hits on the Test, which is then doubled from Smashing Blow. So if you had STR 4 and +1 DV from the Boxing Advantage (standard Unarmed attack for 3), you would double this number and use that as your base against a barrier (effectively 6). If you get any hits on the Test to strike the barrier, you would deal 6 + Hits damage since the Hits are not part of the base DV.
Nebular
QUOTE (Tashiro @ Mar 21 2012, 12:38 AM) *
Awesome fix on spirits, but I noticed the Free Spirit PC doesn't get to choose between materialize and possession traditions - and when you select the type for Free Spirit 'critters', it doesn't give them either power either. I also noticed when you select a spirit critter (free or otherwise) it doesn't tell you the limit on how many powers it can have like it used to. Is this intentional?

Ah! I completely missed the free Materialization or Possession bit from Runner's Companion. I've updated the Metatypes file to include Materialization and Possession as optional Powers for them with a cost of 0 since they get one of them for free. I believe the option of selecting Possession/Inhabitation for the Critter version of them isn't working because it's trying to replace the Manifestation Power that they don't have. You can still manually add Materialization or Possession to them on the Critter Powers tab though.

Not entirely sure why I don't have the number of Powers there for Critter Spirits. I'll have this for the next update.
Nebular
QUOTE (taeksosin @ Mar 20 2012, 09:43 PM) *
Regarding that Nebular, here's the thread that I'm pulling values from.

Udoshi's Technomancer Houserules: http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=36511

Some gratuitous copy-pasta, I know, but I at least cut it into slightly bite sized chunks. If these things are feasible, fantastic. If not, I'll just make my TM loving player make his characters by hand smile.gif

I'll take a look through 'em over the next little while and see if they're doable. From a quick glance, some of these seem to be fairly significant deviations from the standard rules.
crazymykl
QUOTE (Nebular @ Mar 21 2012, 09:09 AM) *
Weapon Focus is now capped at 18. If your character already had a Weapon Focus, you'll need to remove it and re-add it so it picks up the new maximum Rating information.

I'll see what I can do about grouping Improvements. I know it's doable, they're just... slightly more complicated than most of the other stuff. smile.gif

To me, the wording between Smashing Blow and the rules for breaking barries makes it sound as though everything should be doubled before making the Test. SR4 166 under Destroying Barries: The purcpoase of the attack test is to generate extra hits to add to the Damage Value. If the character got no hits, then only apply the base Damage Value., and SM 179 under Smashing Blow Multiply his base DV by 2 when performing an unarmed strike on a barrier or other static structure. So, to me at least, it sounds like the base damage is the amount of damage the character does to the barrier if they scored 0 Hits on the Test, which is then doubled from Smashing Blow. So if you had STR 4 and +1 DV from the Boxing Advantage (standard Unarmed attack for 3), you would double this number and use that as your base against a barrier (effectively 6). If you get any hits on the Test to strike the barrier, you would deal 6 + Hits damage since the Hits are not part of the base DV.

Weapon Foci of up to force 18 can be correctly added, but when adding the weapon modification to the associate melee weapon I cannot exceed rating 6.

The issue is that not all the mods are added for smashing blow, my prime runner adept with 15P base unarmed only does 12S with it.
Nebular
QUOTE (crazymykl @ Mar 21 2012, 08:47 AM) *
Weapon Foci of up to force 18 can be correctly added, but when adding the weapon modification to the associate melee weapon I cannot exceed rating 6.

The issue is that not all the mods are added for smashing blow, my prime runner adept with 15P base unarmed only does 12S with it.

Gah! Sorry, I was thinking Gear and forgot all about the Weapon Mod for it! I've updated the Weapon file to correct this.

Sor for Smashing Blow, should it instead be calculated as ((STR/2) * 2) + modifiers? Currently it's calculating at ((STR/2) + modifiers * 2). So a character with STR 4 and +1 DV from Boxing would do 3S with his normal Unarmed Attack and 5S with his Smashing Blow?
Valnar
Not sure whether this is a bug or if it's just me wrongly interpreting some of the rules, but shouldn't "improved ability (Spellcasting)" also increase the limit of spells you can buy at char gen? After all the power DOES say that it actually increases the ability's rating, so it's not just a dice pool modifier or anything.
Nebular
QUOTE (Valnar @ Mar 21 2012, 11:22 AM) *
Not sure whether this is a bug or if it's just me wrongly interpreting some of the rules, but shouldn't "improved ability (Spellcasting)" also increase the limit of spells you can buy at char gen? After all the power DOES say that it actually increases the ability's rating, so it's not just a dice pool modifier or anything.

You're right. It's currently just checking the Skill's base Rating and not including any Rating Modifiers it might get from other sources. I'll have this fixed in the next update.
crazymykl
QUOTE (Nebular @ Mar 21 2012, 09:53 AM) *
Sor for Smashing Blow, should it instead be calculated as ((STR/2) * 2) + modifiers? Currently it's calculating at ((STR/2) + modifiers * 2). So a character with STR 4 and +1 DV from Boxing would do 3S with his normal Unarmed Attack and 5S with his Smashing Blow?

I believe the bonus for Critical Strike is not being applied to Smashing Blow. This makes up for the difference.

EDIT: Other than that the current method is correct.
Makki
1.Very unimportant, because of its rare use, but for the sake of completeness:

Infusion foci and Infusion foci formulae need an identifier regarding what Adept powers they store.
Digital Grimoire p. 8 has two examples for this:

Benny is an adept with Initiate Grade 3, Magic 4
and a spiffy new infusion focus (4) (Astral Perception).

Lyran is looking to make a Force 2 (Rapid Healing)
infusion focus, but she doesn’t have the Rapid Healing
power.

2. When an Awakened buys cyberware during career mode and you make a mistake (choosing wrong grade etc.) and want to correct this by using 'Undo expenses', the lost essence is not 'undone'.

POST 1000
taeksosin
Hey again Neb,

Thanks for taking a look at seeing how feasible that TM stuff will be to add to Chummer. Got another one for you. Currently messing with capsule rounds and the various things that you can throw in them, compounds, toxins and drugs being the most common I'd imagine. Currently trying to load a set with DMSO and narcoject. This is where things start to get odd.

25 Capsule Rounds @ 3 nuyen.gif per = 75 nuyen.gif. So far so good.
Add DMSO as a plugin, 10 nuyen.gif per dose should = 325 nuyen.gif total. Instead, I get either 700 nuyen.gif(if I add 25 DMSO to it) or 100 nuyen.gif(if I add 1 to it).

The numbers get wackier once I start throwing in the narcoject. Am I just doing this the wrong way, and there's a better way to do it? Or, should I just add the DMSO and narcoject as their own items?

Edit: One more question. Currently messing with an Ingram Smartgun X. Trying to install an external Gas-Vent 3 system onto it. This is not able to be selected in an option for the accessories. I imagine it's due to SR4A 322 saying that if a gun has an integrated Gas-Vent, you can't install the external. Is it possible to get the gun without the Gas-Vent installed (ie, unticking the installed box for that mod) and then installing the external version?
Gwynfallan
Greetings again! This time just two requests from our resident technomancer and one minor stumbling block relating to skill groups; nothing to do with knowledge skills this time. Those are back to working perfectly. smile.gif

1) On the Technomancer’s Submersion tab, would it possible to add something to specify which type of sprite a technomancer has selected for his Sprite Link Echo?
2) On the Technomancer’s Complex Forms and Sprites tab, would it be possible to add the additional sprites from Sprite Link to the drop down list of sprites available for compiling? Our technomancer is keen on having his whole list of sprites available to him. smile.gif
3) It seems that if skill groups are purchased to the maximum of rating 4 at character generation, the group locks once in career mode until I manually break the group and raise each skill rating to 5. This reestablishes the group allowing me to raise the rating again (if I so choose). If I then “Undo Expenditure” all the individual skills the group rating drops back to 4 but remains unlocked allowing me to purchase the group rating back up to 5. It’s quite a process to go through, just to raise a skill group (or two) one or two ratings Skill groups with rating 3 or lower at the end of character creation do not lock and can be purchased higher once in career mode without jumping through all the hoops.

Thank you kindly for Chummer's continued existence and maintenance. Without Chummer, our gaming group would have probably staged a revolt and dumped Shadowrun long ago and we've had so much more fun with this system than our last.
Makki
QUOTE (Gwynfallan @ Mar 23 2012, 10:25 AM) *
3) It seems that if skill groups are purchased to the maximum of rating 4 at character generation, the group locks once in career mode until I manually break the group

I'd like to add to this. one can't break up the group by buying a specialization. But that's what I usually do with my first karma.
esprism
Hi,

It seems that "Uneducated" quality don't double karma cost for knowledge concerned skills and don't prevent from developing technical skills group in Karma build mode.

Regards smile.gif
Gwynfallan
QUOTE (Makki @ Mar 23 2012, 03:24 AM) *
I'd like to add to this. one can't break up the group by buying a specialization. But that's what I usually do with my first karma.

I had issues with this and was going to post something similar, but then my friend and I did some reading. SR4A 121 states, "Only one specialization is allowed per skill, and specializations are not allowed for skill groups." It then refers you back to page 84 which basically repeats the information (multiple times under both the "Skill Groups" and "Specializations" headings).

From what we were able to piece together from our readings, skill groups aren't to be considered a collection of skills, but rather one skill that you aren't allowed to specialize in (seeing as how it really isn't one skill). Once that group is broken by purchasing one of the "sub-skills" up, then you can specialize as normal.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Gwynfallan @ Mar 23 2012, 07:15 AM) *
I had issues with this and was going to post something similar, but then my friend and I did some reading. SR4A 121 states, "Only one specialization is allowed per skill, and specializations are not allowed for skill groups." It then refers you back to page 84 which basically repeats the information (multiple times under both the "Skill Groups" and "Specializations" headings).

From what we were able to piece together from our readings, skill groups aren't to be considered a collection of skills, but rather one skill that you aren't allowed to specialize in (seeing as how it really isn't one skill). Once that group is broken by purchasing one of the "sub-skills" up, then you can specialize as normal.

I would think that buying a specialization should also break the skill group right then, and because there is a specialization it could never be put back together as a skill group.
Nebular
QUOTE (Makki @ Mar 23 2012, 04:24 AM) *

Specializtions don't break Skill Groups because you're not allowed to buy Specializations for Grouped Skills. As per SR4A 118 (last sentence of the first paragraph of Skill Groups): "You cannot use specializations with skill groups."

EDIT: Sorry, replied to your post first before reading the other messages here that basically said the same thing... but yeah, you can't take specializations for groups. smile.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (taeksosin @ Mar 22 2012, 01:28 PM) *
Hey again Neb,

Thanks for taking a look at seeing how feasible that TM stuff will be to add to Chummer. Got another one for you. Currently messing with capsule rounds and the various things that you can throw in them, compounds, toxins and drugs being the most common I'd imagine. Currently trying to load a set with DMSO and narcoject. This is where things start to get odd.

25 Capsule Rounds @ 3 nuyen.gif per = 75 nuyen.gif. So far so good.
Add DMSO as a plugin, 10 nuyen.gif per dose should = 325 nuyen.gif total. Instead, I get either 700 nuyen.gif(if I add 25 DMSO to it) or 100 nuyen.gif(if I add 1 to it).

The numbers get wackier once I start throwing in the narcoject. Am I just doing this the wrong way, and there's a better way to do it? Or, should I just add the DMSO and narcoject as their own items?

Edit: One more question. Currently messing with an Ingram Smartgun X. Trying to install an external Gas-Vent 3 system onto it. This is not able to be selected in an option for the accessories. I imagine it's due to SR4A 322 saying that if a gun has an integrated Gas-Vent, you can't install the external. Is it possible to get the gun without the Gas-Vent installed (ie, unticking the installed box for that mod) and then installing the external version?

When you add a plugin to an item, the quantity of the plugin is how many of those are being applied to each parent item. So if you have 25 Capsule Rounds and want to add Narcoject to them, you should set Narcoject's quantity to 1 (each round 1 has dose of Narcoject). If you give Narcoject a quantity, you're then saying that each round has X doses of Narcoject each. The same goes for things like Arrows - if you put on a special head with a qty of 1, each arrow has 1 special head; if you set the qty to 2, you're instead saying that each arrow has 2 heads. The cost of the child item is calculated as (Child's cost x Child's qty) x Parent's qty.

I've updated the Weapons file so that the Smartgun X is correctly allowed to include Barrel-mounted Accessories.
esprism
Hi,

Do you plan to add Running Wild creatures ?

I'm currently building a character highly related to this book. We could add creatures base price to gear and creatures monthly cost to lifestyle (or at least a field to enter a specific amount to add to advanced lifestyle monthly cost)

Another thing related to advanced lifestyle is to implement roommate rule. (+10% per roommate added and cost divided by number of roommates)

smile.gif
Stahlseele
User from the official Shadowrun Board with the Name of Mason has this to say:

Do the admins never accept new members or something? I have been waiting for a week to get posting rights.
*Sigh*
Would anyone who is a member of Dumpshock consider posting to the Chummer Character Generator thread that Foci and Spirits don't have a maximum Force for me? He has Spirits capped to 10 and Foci at 6 last I checked. I can't post, and I can't PM Nebular. The board won't let me. I would greatly appreciate it, and it could improve Chummer for everyone too. smile.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (esprism @ Mar 23 2012, 08:39 AM) *
Hi,

Do you plan to add Running Wild creatures ?

I'm currently building a character highly related to this book. We could add creatures base price to gear and creatures monthly cost to lifestyle (or at least a field to enter a specific amount to add to advanced lifestyle monthly cost)

Another thing related to advanced lifestyle is to implement roommate rule. (+10% per roommate added and cost divided by number of roommates)

smile.gif

The Running Wild Critters should all be there already. They're found under File > New Critter.

What sourcebook/page is the roommate informatino found on? The % to Pay was initially meant to handle this (if there are 2 of you, you set it to 50%), but it doesn't include the additional costs for them or let you select the number of people.
Nebular
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Mar 23 2012, 08:54 AM) *
User from the official Shadowrun Board with the Name of Mason has this to say:

Do the admins never accept new members or something? I have been waiting for a week to get posting rights.
*Sigh*
Would anyone who is a member of Dumpshock consider posting to the Chummer Character Generator thread that Foci and Spirits don't have a maximum Force for me? He has Spirits capped to 10 and Foci at 6 last I checked. I can't post, and I can't PM Nebular. The board won't let me. I would greatly appreciate it, and it could improve Chummer for everyone too. smile.gif

Foci were changed to allow up to Rating 18 a couple of weeks ago. Should just be a matter of running the update and downloading the updated data files.

Spirits are not cpaped to a Force of 10. If they're being created as Critters, they're capped at Force 100 (it's completely insane as a Spirit of Earth would have an Unarmed Combat pool of 198, deal 58S damage before modifiers, be immune to all damage, and have 60 Physical CM boxes, but I need to set some sort of upper limit wink.gif). If it's a Spirit that's being added to a Magician on the Sells & Spirits tab, then the Force of the Spirit is capped to 2 x their MAG Rating. This is possibly what's causing the confusion. If the character has MAG 5, they can only summon a Spirit up to MAG x 2 Force as per the rules. If they increase their MAG, the maximum Force field raises its cap to 2 x the new MAG Rating as well.

I found it a real pain to get registered on these forums as well. I had to send a message to Redjack to finally get my account activated since nobody gave me permissions and I couldn't post in the place where new users were supposed to go to prove they're not spammers. He might have better luck contacting Redjack directly as well.
Stahlseele
@Force 100 Earth-Spirit:
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2347/1527055...c24d_z.jpg?zz=1
http://surbrook.devermore.net/original/cre...hmore_Golem.jpg
You need to realize this.
esprism
QUOTE (Nebular @ Mar 23 2012, 04:04 PM) *
The Running Wild Critters should all be there already. They're found under File > New Critter.

"animal availability and cost chart" P 34 from Running Wild.

If I buy a Wolf for example :

Wolf 12R 1,000¥ Middle/250¥

It cost 1000¥ to buy and require a middle lifestyle (modified with advances lifestyle options) +250¥ per month.

It's not very important to deal with all parameters but i don't find how to buy a critter for a character.

QUOTE (Nebular @ Mar 23 2012, 04:04 PM) *
What sourcebook/page is the roommate informatino found on? The % to Pay was initially meant to handle this (if there are 2 of you, you set it to 50%), but it doesn't include the additional costs for them or let you select the number of people.

It's in "Runner's Guide P.159" chapter "Roommates"
Nebular
QUOTE (Makki @ Mar 22 2012, 01:21 AM) *
1.Very unimportant, because of its rare use, but for the sake of completeness:

Infusion foci and Infusion foci formulae need an identifier regarding what Adept powers they store.
Digital Grimoire p. 8 has two examples for this:

Benny is an adept with Initiate Grade 3, Magic 4
and a spiffy new infusion focus (4) (Astral Perception).

Lyran is looking to make a Force 2 (Rapid Healing)
infusion focus, but she doesn’t have the Rapid Healing
power.

I've updated the Gear file to require a text value when the Focus or Formula is added.
Nebular
QUOTE (esprism @ Mar 23 2012, 10:54 AM) *
"animal availability and cost chart" P 34 from Running Wild.

If I buy a Wolf for example :

Wolf 12R 1,000¥ Middle/250¥

It cost 1000¥ to buy and require a middle lifestyle (modified with advances lifestyle options) +250¥ per month.

It's not very important to deal with all parameters but i don't find how to buy a critter for a character.

Ah, I see, so they also need to be treated as Gear in some manner. I'll have to look into this. The Critter itself, however, can still be created through File > New Critter (found in the Mundane Critter category) so you can keep track of its Attributes, Condition, etc.
Nebular
QUOTE (Makki @ Mar 22 2012, 01:21 AM) *
2. When an Awakened buys cyberware during career mode and you make a mistake (choosing wrong grade etc.) and want to correct this by using 'Undo expenses', the lost essence is not 'undone'.

I'm assuming you mean the ESS damage applied to the MAG/RES? From what I can see, undoing the Cyberware exepense restores the character's ESS properly (it's just a calculated value using all of the 'ware that's left in the character), but the damage to MAG/RES is not being repaired (which I'll fix biggrin.gif).
Nebular
QUOTE (Gwynfallan @ Mar 23 2012, 03:25 AM) *
3) It seems that if skill groups are purchased to the maximum of rating 4 at character generation, the group locks once in career mode until I manually break the group and raise each skill rating to 5. This reestablishes the group allowing me to raise the rating again (if I so choose). If I then “Undo Expenditure” all the individual skills the group rating drops back to 4 but remains unlocked allowing me to purchase the group rating back up to 5. It’s quite a process to go through, just to raise a skill group (or two) one or two ratings Skill groups with rating 3 or lower at the end of character creation do not lock and can be purchased higher once in career mode without jumping through all the hoops.

Strangely enough, this seems to only happen when a character has just been put into Career Mode. If you close the character then open the saved file, the Skill Groups are correctly re-enabled so you can increase them. Not sure why that's the case. I'll look into this, but at least there's a temporary (though silly) work-around 'til it's properly fixed. smile.gif

EDIT: Figured it out - when a character makes the initial transition to Career Mode, the Create window completely subverts the standard character loading method and just pops open the character as-is in the Career Window instead, meaning the Skill Group cap never gets properly increased to 6 (along with a few other things). It was good enough before, but now that load does some special stuff, it needs to stop being a jerk and let the app load it properly. I'll have this fixed in the next update.
Nebular
Build 347
  • selecting Possesion or Inhabiatation in the Select Metatype window when creating a Spirit Critter now always adds the selected Power instead of trying to replace the Materialization Power which they might not have
  • the number of Spells a character can know is now correctly limited to Spellcasting/Ritual Spellcasting Rating + Rating Modifiers instead of just the Skill's Rating
  • all Spirits now show the number of additional Powers they can take on the Critter Powers tab
  • fixed an issue where undoing a Cyberware/Bioware expense for a character that has MAG/RES would not restore their MAG/RES to its previous value
  • fixed an issue where the character's Starting Nuyen Expense Entry would be lost if the character was not saved again after making the initial transition to Career Mode
  • moving a character to Career Mode now uses the standard load character method instead of re-opening the character as-is in the Career Mode window
  • renaming a Group or Armor Bundle now marks the character as having unsaved changes
  • added support for grouping Custom Improvements
New Strings
  • Button_AddGroup
  • Message_DeleteImprovementGroup
  • Button_EnableAll
  • Button_DisableAll
  • String_Roommates
Changed Strings
  • Message_DeleteArmorLocation
ShadowWalker
Is the Chemical Seal missing? pg 327 of SR4A.
I can't add it to a Camouflage Suit, which is a full body suit. So it should be possible to add it.

Would it be possible to add a print preview allowing to decide without printing to paper where to put page breaks?
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Mar 23 2012, 07:24 PM) *
Is the Chemical Seal missing? pg 327 of SR4A.
I can't add it to a Camouflage Suit, which is a full body suit. So it should be possible to add it.

Would it be possible to add a print preview allowing to decide without printing to paper where to put page breaks?

Right you are. I initially interpreted it to mean the item named full body suit instead of items that state they're full body suits in their description. I've updated the Armor file to correct this.

Unfortunately there's nothing else I can do with the page breaks. The page breaks that KeyMasterOfGoezer added to the SR4 sheet is about as close as it can get. nyahnyah.gif
ShadowWalker
I have an SCK Model 100 submachine gun loaded with stick-n-shock rounds. When I click Fire either 1 or 3 rounds I get an Exception.

What I was wondering is if it's possible to do a print preview, not sure if dot net has that. Something that shows what it will look like on the printer before actually printing it.
or may be selecting page numbers to print if that's possible. A Print window with page selection, etc.
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Mar 23 2012, 08:12 PM) *
I have an SCK Model 100 submachine gun loaded with stick-n-shock rounds. When I click Fire either 1 or 3 rounds I get an Exception.

What I was wondering is if it's possible to do a print preview, not sure if dot net has that. Something that shows what it will look like on the printer before actually printing it.
or may be selecting page numbers to print if that's possible. A Print window with page selection, etc.

That's weird. Just tired the Weapon and Ammo here and it seems to work. Could you email me the save file for the affected character and I'll take a look. (nebular@shaw.ca)

The print window just uses Internet Explorer, so you can get a print preview by right-clicking anywhere on the sheet and choose Print Preview... from the list. You can then use the print button in that window and select which pages you want to print out, along with seeing the number of pages and the content of each one as well.
Cojuzei
Trying to mark a character as ready and it gives me 2 errors. For one, it tells me that an item is over capacity. Can you make it so it tells me which item is over capacity?

Second issue is with the monocle. It has backscatter x-ray and vision magnification for a total Avail of 19. I did take restricted gear (3 times, twice for the rifle and once for this monocle), but it says the monocle requres 2 restricted gear? The base monocle shouldn't require one...just the entire monocle by itself. Can you take a look at that?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012