Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chummer Character Generator
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
Mantis
Are biodrones supported in Chummer? I just got one (New York Missions) and wanted to add it. I tried a search but this thread is 47 pages long.
SpellBinder
I honestly don't know about Biodrones. Haven't tried making one.

On another note, I found a glitch in math when making a character. As a mystic I gave a character Agility 5 and Improved Ability Infiltration at 2. I had not yet actually given it any ranks in Infiltration and saw it at a DP of 6; the mouse-over said 0 - Defaulting (1) + Agility (5) + Rating Modifiers (0 of 2), which should've been at 4 instead. Funny thing, when I actually set the skill at a rating of 1 it actually does the math correctly, as does removing the adept power entirely (setting the power to 1 does change the DP to 5).
Hellfire
Still a slight glitch with Power Throw adept power:

when adding the power it indeed does change the range of throwing weapons (adding a virtual +2 to STR for range calculation), however the damage of STR dependent weapons is not NOT increased, checked it with Shuriken.

Furthermore the virtual STR increase of Power Throw is not used when calculating the range for thrown grenades, even though it should be.
KarmaInferno
Found a, um, 'firearm' in Corporate Intrigue:

[ Spoiler ]

Only problem is the book isn't clear whether to treat it as a pistol or a grenade launcher, nor the actual size to determine what Conceal it should have.

-k
IridiosDZ
QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ Sep 18 2012, 09:32 AM) *
Only problem is the book isn't clear whether to treat it as a pistol or a grenade launcher, nor the actual size to determine what Conceal it should have.

I would treat it as an exotic weapon, similar to using a supersquirt. For size, probably equivalent to a light pistol. Not sure how to handle range as it is designed for zero G operation. But earthbound, I would probably make it equal to a hold out or light pistol.
Hellfire
QUOTE (IridiosDZ @ Sep 18 2012, 11:23 PM) *
I would treat it as an exotic weapon, similar to using a supersquirt. For size, probably equivalent to a light pistol. Not sure how to handle range as it is designed for zero G operation. But earthbound, I would probably make it equal to a hold out or light pistol.

a holdout or light pistol that fires 6 grenade-size microrockets?
I would rather make it the size of a large pistol or SMG, more in range with the "classic" pistol grenade launcher Ares MGL-6
IridiosDZ
QUOTE (Hellfire @ Sep 19 2012, 02:57 AM) *
a holdout or light pistol that fires 6 grenade-size microrockets?
I would rather make it the size of a large pistol or SMG, more in range with the "classic" pistol grenade launcher Ares MGL-6

First, they were "micro-rockets (treat as grenades)" not grenade sized. Second I said light pistol for size and holdout or light pistol for earthbound range.

Remember, this was designed for use in zero G on the Z-O. It doesn't need a lot of the extra mass that terrestial weapons need.
ntwi
I would treat it closer to the FN-AAL Gyrojet pistol from SR3 (CC pg31) which also shot miniature 6mm rockets, although it was designed for underwater use. It was between Light and Heavy Pistol in concealment and used Heavy Pistol ranges underwater and Shotgun ranges on land.

Because it's designed for use in zero-gravity, I would call the ranges at least Heavy Pistol in zero-grav but Hold-out on earth due to the significantly differing environmental factors. I would probably reduce the effective radius of the narcojet when used in airburst mode on earth as well.
McDougle
Just noticed something that bugs me every time I open a Char in Chummer(or took the time to mention it ^^ ):

When you open up a tab(like Gear) the Locations are always expanded... It would be grand if they would be collapsed(or if we could choose our favorite option in the options wink.gif ).

Thx for listening! smile.gif

EDIT:

And Glamour currently boosts Intimidation. It shouldn´t (RC 113).
Nebular
QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ Sep 18 2012, 08:32 AM) *
Found a, um, 'firearm' in Corporate Intrigue:

Since this does damage as Grenade and has an Airburst Link which explicitly states it's for Grenade Launchers, and since everything else that does Grenade damage is in the Grenade Launchers category, I'm going to put this in the Grenade Launchers category. If anyone feels the need to change its category or associated Skill, there's always support for override files. wink.gif I'll have this bundled in with this evening's update.
Nebular
QUOTE (McDougle @ Sep 19 2012, 10:18 AM) *
And Glamour currently boosts Intimidation. It shouldn´t (RC 113).

Glamour should be working correctly from what I can see. When I add it to a new character, all Social Active Skills with the exception of Intimidation receive the +3 bonus. I give a character with CHA 1 all Social Active Skills at Rating 1, they all show at a total pool of 2. Add Glamour; Intimidation still shows as 2 while all others jump to 5.
Nebular
QUOTE (Sengir @ Sep 13 2012, 06:01 AM) *
Out of technical curiosity: It appears that Chummer is now downloading the data in .zip files and decompresses them locally....why that effort instead of just serving the files with Content-Encoding: gzip?

Two reasons I suppose: One is that I don't think I can modify the compression settings on the web server since it's through a hosting provider. The other is that I was able to just use the compression class that Omae uses by modifying 3 lines of code in the Update window. So the time it took to change that was probably less than it would have taken me to find those settings in the host's web UI. Also the thought had never occurred to me since Omae's compression class was what immediately came to mind as the solution. wink.gif
Nebular
Build 413
  • added support for <throwstr /> to the Improvement Manager which effectively raises a character's STR for the purpose of determining the DV of Thrown Weapons
  • Copy, Paste, Create Bioware Suite, and Add Bioware Suite menu items are now properly translated
  • when updating, if a file fails to decompress properly (usually because of a downloading error), the update window will attempt to re-download the file
  • added an option to show only Active Skills whose Rating is 0
  • added <dicepool /> to Weapons in the printout XML
  • Shadowrun 4, Game Master, and Text-Only sheets now show the Dice Pool for character Weapons
  • Weapon Dice Pool tooltip now only shows Weapon Mods that affect the Dice Pool instead of all Weapon Mods
  • Dice Pool Modifiers portion of a Skill's tooltip has been replaced by the full list of items that affect the Skill's Dice Pool Modifier
  • corrected Commlinks to have a Processor limit equal to their total System Rating
  • added a Rushed Job checkbox to the Dice Roller window (see SR4 65)
New Strings
  • String_SkillFilterRatingZero
  • Checkbox_DiceRoller_RushedJob
Scarecrow
This must have gotten lost in the 3 pages of stuff between builds:

QUOTE (Scarecrow @ Sep 9 2012, 06:17 PM) *
Potential bug found:

When calculating Matrix Initiative, you use INT + Commlink Response, which is all fine and dandy. Unless you do what I do when creating hackers, and have multiple commlinks with upgraded Response. In the case of my current character, I've got an INT of 4 and 2 commlinks, both with a Response of 4.

Furthermore, both Commlinks have Hot Sim added to them, and per SR4A page 236:

However, the Matrix Initiative is not adding the 1 for Hot Sim being added to the commlink. This character's Matrix Initiative, total, should be 9 (INT 4 + Commlink Response 4 + Hot Sim 1), but is coming across currently as 12.

Sid Nitzerglobin
QUOTE (Nebular @ Sep 19 2012, 07:45 PM) *
Build 413[list]

[*]added <dicepool /> to Weapons in the printout XML
[*]Shadowrun 4, Game Master, and Text-Only sheets now show the Dice Pool for character Weapons
[*]Weapon Dice Pool tooltip now only shows Weapon Mods that affect the Dice Pool instead of all Weapon Mods
[*]Dice Pool Modifiers portion of a Skill's tooltip has been replaced by the full list of items that affect the Skill's Dice Pool Modifier

Looks good, Thanks!

One issue I'm seeing though is that specialization dice pool bonuses don't appear to be applied in the Street Gear\Weapons or the Character Sheet dice pool value for some weapons I'm pretty sure should receive them.

The ones I've seen specifically so far on the 3 characters I've looked at are Katana not receiving the specialization dice for Blades\Swords and the Savalette Guardian not receiving the specialization dice for Pistols\Semi-Automatics. Another one that I suppose is more of a GM/situational judgment call is the Shock Glove with the Unarmed\Martial Arts specialization.
Hellfire
a small glitch detected: when creating a critter and you first click on "spirit" then on any other type of critter (for example paranormal or sprites) the selection field "Blood Spirit" remains visible and selectable.

Furthermore a feature request:
it would be great if you could add the possibility to create a free sprite, in the same way that you added the free spirit.
Currently you can only select specific sprites which have limited options of possible complex forms (for example you cannot create a machine sprite with a spoof complex form, a free sprite could however have such a combination).
SpellBinder
Just thought of another functionality bit, something that can help for those characters that have tons of gear with sub-menus (like a rigger with a dozen different vehicles/drones). Would it be possible to have Chummer remember if a parent item has an expanded or compressed list when a file is saved and/or loaded? Would it also be possible to have vehicles/drones put into categories, like the gear & weapons & armor & such can be?

And I know this could mean a lot of work, but I too am all for an expanded functionality of tracking commlinks. Maybe even a new tab just for commlinks between Gear & Pets and Cohorts. Just a thought.
Hellfire
bug:

when adding a custom PACKs gear pack with a deep menu structure (4+ levels), all deeper levels are just deleted when adding the PACKs kit.

For example I made a custom Comlink with the comlink on the parent level, then a plugin (software package like FTL Wizard), which contains on the third level the individual programs and the forth level were the automatically added registration and copy protection program options of each individual program.
When adding the PACKS kit to a new character, all program options were omitted.

Furthermore the price of the software was deducted twice from the character account: 1. the software suite itself + 2. each individual program also.
This seems to be the case with all items that include a substructure of individual items that can be bought separately. This is the worst part I think.

Moreover, when adding a customs PACKS kit that includes programs with the Optimization option (to let it run at full rating despite lower system rating), chummer seems to interpret it as the COMLINK optimization option (I would guess due to name similarity): you have to insert a specific string/name, and the optimization rating is greyed out, so cannot further be modified. And I also think that the price for the COMLINK optimization is deducted from the Character account and not the program optimization option.

Also a feature request: could you add the option to delete custom PACKS kits in the program?, because once they are in there you are stuck with them, even if you made some errors or the gear does not work as intended (see above). Of course you can delete the whole custom file, however that means you have to start from scratch with everything custom.
Qurahn
QUOTE (Qurahn @ Sep 12 2012, 02:29 AM) *
Hello. I don't know if this was ever brought up.

I found something that is missing in Chummer Character Generator.

Military Helmet

found in AR 51
"Military Helmet: Each helmet incorporates a wireless
military commlink (Firewall, Response, Signal, System, and
Encryption Rating 4), a camera, and fl are compensation, image
link, and smartlink enhancements. The helmet’s military commlink
can be upgraded to hardware ratings of 5 (+2,500¥) or 6
(+8,500¥). These helmets can also be upgraded with any of the
vision or audio enhancements or sensors detailed on pp. 58–60
or pp. 323–326, SR4."

What is missing is the military commlink. I can not find a militarty commlink in chummer at all.
Currently the helmet does have the camera, and flare compensation, image
link, and smartlink enhancements but no military commlink.

An idea.

Exchangeable Weapon Modification

found in AR 150
"Exchangeable Weapon Modification: Th is is a special
option that can be chosen for many of the modifications described
in this list (underbarrel weapons are the most likely
candidates, but with the gamemaster’s permission a character
may also choose other modifications to become exchangeable).
When designing a new modification, the player character has to
announce that this will be an exchangeable modification. Once
built, this special type of modification does not become a fixed
part of the weapon but rather a standalone object that can only
be attached to a weapon via a powered slide mount (p. 152). Th e
number of slots mentioned in the modification’s description becomes
the slot size of the exchangeable weapon modification."

Can we get a flag or modification option to put on the modification or weapon?

Thanks!

An idea to help with the coding.

I think all we need is to have 3 entries under the helmets section for the Military Helmet. My ideas is to have Military Helmet Rating 4, 5, and 6.
Example:
Military Helmet Rating 4
Military Helmet Rating 5
Military Helmet Rating 6

The Military helmet got every minus the Military commlink, so i would just suggest to add the missing commlink information for each entry. This would allow users to add accessories to the commlink.

Hope this helps.
Makki
can you add an option that eliminates the cost for special attributes (Edge, mag, Res) from the 50% limit in karmagen?

there's a big community, that thinks this is just poorly worded and not as intended. In BP gen, your 200BP-for-attributes limit only counts for the eight physical and mental attributes. It should be the same in karmagen.

I know there's the option to allow exeeding the 50%, but that's not exactly what we're looking for here biggrin.gif
Mantis
Nebular, I've got a weird bug that has shown up. When I increase my Intuition, and so far, only my Intuition, with karma, it changes my career karma by the amount that increase costs (4>5 25 karma). I've got 85 career karma and when I apply the Intuition increase on the Common tab it changes the career karma to 110. I've added some more karma to the character to do other stats and they all behave correctly except Intuition. I've rebuilt the character and reapplied all his gear and karma from the ground up and this still happens. Any ideas? Can I message you my CHUM file to take a look at?
UPDATE: Tried this with other characters and same result. Increasing Intuition results in career karma going up by whatever amount the Intuition increase costs. Does not happen with other attributes though.
Hellfire
QUOTE (Sid Nitzerglobin @ Sep 20 2012, 05:46 PM) *
Looks good, Thanks!

One issue I'm seeing though is that specialization dice pool bonuses don't appear to be applied in the Street Gear\Weapons or the Character Sheet dice pool value for some weapons I'm pretty sure should receive them.

The ones I've seen specifically so far on the 3 characters I've looked at are Katana not receiving the specialization dice for Blades\Swords and the Savalette Guardian not receiving the specialization dice for Pistols\Semi-Automatics. Another one that I suppose is more of a GM/situational judgment call is the Shock Glove with the Unarmed\Martial Arts specialization.

This seems to be the case for almost all specilizations for weapons, unless the specilization is named exactly like the used weapon. For example it does not work if you select the specilization "Throwing knives" in throwing weapons for (of course) throwing knives. But if you rename the specilization to "Throwing Knife" (singular) it DOES work correctly.
The same is true for all semi-auto pistols.
Obviously, there is no data for all semi-auto pistols in the data file showing the program that this specific pistol should profit from the "semi-automatic" specialization in the pistols skill.
Sid Nitzerglobin
QUOTE (Hellfire @ Sep 26 2012, 05:48 AM) *
This seems to be the case for almost all specilizations for weapons, unless the specilization is named exactly like the used weapon. For example it does not work if you select the specilization "Throwing knives" in throwing weapons for (of course) throwing knives. But if you rename the specilization to "Throwing Knife" (singular) it DOES work correctly.
The same is true for all semi-auto pistols.
Obviously, there is no data for all semi-auto pistols in the data file showing the program that this specific pistol should profit from the "semi-automatic" specialization in the pistols skill.

On the three characters I've checked out, one gets the 2 dice bonus for his Automatics\Battle Rifles specialization on his Ultimax 150 and another gets the specialization dice for Longarms\Sniper Rifles on his HK PSG Enforcer and Automatics\Assault Rifles for his Onotari Arms Room Sweeper.

Seems like categorization info is being passed successfully for at least these 3 weapons, just not sure how this is being done since there's nothing obvious in the entries in the weapons XML. I would agree that whatever categorization bits are being used for the weapons that do receive their specialization bonus, they don't appear to be implemented universally at this point.
Hellfire
Found another small bug:

the new PPP Armor ensemble without helmet was reduced from 2/6 to 2/4, so far so good, however the price remained unchanged. The ensemble should cost 900 NY and not 1000 NY.
This ensemble contains: forarm guards 200 NY, leg and arm casings 350 NY, shin guards 150 NY, vital protectors 200 NY = total 900 NY,
the ensemble WITH helmet for 1000 NY is correct.
OpiumHerz
Greetings,
I have just the downloaded Chummer and am so far pleased with it. But: I am playing an SR3 (3.01D to be specific) round soon. I want to use Chummer for it, which is SR4. I saw screenshots where you apparently could just chose the edition you want to use, but it seems the game has updated since then because I am missing this field. In the options I only have to configuration file for "default" and so far, Google has turned up nothing useful either. Is it possible to user Chummer with 3. Edition items/stats?
SpellBinder
QUOTE (OpiumHerz @ Sep 26 2012, 01:25 PM) *
Greetings,
I have just the downloaded Chummer and am so far pleased with it. But: I am playing an SR3 (3.01D to be specific) round soon. I want to use Chummer for it, which is SR4. I saw screenshots where you apparently could just chose the edition you want to use, but it seems the game has updated since then because I am missing this field. In the options I only have to configuration file for "default" and so far, Google has turned up nothing useful either. Is it possible to user Chummer with 3. Edition items/stats?

The "default" is for rules presets, not edition. I haven't messed with this one in a while, but you needed to do some XML trickery to get additional presets made when I did. Sadly this isn't to SR3 rules, and as I understand the mechanics of the two these are two very distinctly different systems.

You might try asking in the main forum about a SR3 character builder program. As I understand it there was one a long time ago.
OpiumHerz
Ah, okay, thank you. I thought it was simpler, like downloading a file which contains all the needed information and load it simply into Chummer. Too bad. frown.gif
And I found other character creators too, yes. But I'd love to user Chummer because I somehow really like it more than the others.

But thank you for the quick answer.
All4BigGuns
QUOTE (OpiumHerz @ Sep 27 2012, 09:51 AM) *
Ah, okay, thank you. I thought it was simpler, like downloading a file which contains all the needed information and load it simply into Chummer. Too bad. frown.gif
And I found other character creators too, yes. But I'd love to user Chummer because I somehow really like it more than the others.

But thank you for the quick answer.

If you're looking for an SR3 generator, try looking up NSRCG.
Parsimony
Hi Nebular, thank you for producing such a quality tool for everyone to use. It is appreciated.

I have a few corrections:
- The Securetech PPP Ensemble with Helmet should have a Capacity of 6 (not 9).
- The Securetech PPP Ensemble without Helmet should have a Cost of 900 (not 1000).
- The Fashion category of armor does not allow Clothing modifications, and it should. For example, 6Tees Casualwear cannot get Color Changing or Kevlar Threaded, but it should be able to. The program is treating "fashion" as "armor" instead of "clothing" for allowable modifications, if that makes sense.

I also have one feature request:
- For Shapeshifters (and Drakes, etc), can you add a toggle button to change forms? For example, a Bear Shapeshifter Troll with the Shift (Troll) power would need the button to activate his troll modifiers, change his movement rate, and recalculate things such as lifting capacity in the program. Or a Drake shifter in Dracoform to modifier his stats, etc. It appears this can be done manually with the "Improvements" category during career mode, but it would be much preferred to have it to both available in a single toggle which is accessible during character generation (in order to see how things change when designing a character) and have it somewhere which does not adversely affect other statistics depending on the order it is applied (which it seems the improvements tab can accidentally do).

Again, great program, I hope these catches continue to improve its quality for everyone. I'll continue to post anything I find in support. Thank you.
SpellBinder
The Improvements tab does have a button labeled [Add Group] where you can group all of the benefits of the drake's form (among other things) into one category, and you can activate/deactivate an entire group by selecting it instead of the individual enhancements. Even the "Selected Improvements" works this way.

Though something did come to mind regarding that tab, and sadly I have no idea how much work it would entail. An option to add a cluster of book RAW improvements (like the multi-effect drugs, bioware, and adept powers) in an automatic category with all of their benefits/drawbacks could be useful.
Nebular
QUOTE (Scarecrow @ Sep 20 2012, 09:01 AM) *
This must have gotten lost in the 3 pages of stuff between builds:

This hasn't gotten lost. I do have it on my to do list, it's just something I haven't dealt with yet; partially because I'm not entirely sure how to handle this yet, and partially because I might be putting in a Commlinks tab which would probably be the ideal time to work on this little problem. smile.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (Hellfire @ Sep 21 2012, 01:47 AM) *
a small glitch detected: when creating a critter and you first click on "spirit" then on any other type of critter (for example paranormal or sprites) the selection field "Blood Spirit" remains visible and selectable.

Furthermore a feature request:
it would be great if you could add the possibility to create a free sprite, in the same way that you added the free spirit.
Currently you can only select specific sprites which have limited options of possible complex forms (for example you cannot create a machine sprite with a spoof complex form, a free sprite could however have such a combination).

Where do you find information on Free Sprites?
Nebular
QUOTE (Sid Nitzerglobin @ Sep 20 2012, 10:46 AM) *

I can't believe this has gone unnoticed for so long! I'll have this fixed in the next update. Weapons will have an additional attribute in the XML that says they belong to a certain specialization, so Katana will fall under Swords, and anything with Carbine in its name will fall into the Automatics (Carbine) specialization. I'm going to make a few more (hopefully quick) changes to some of the XML data files then will upload the latest update.
Nebular
QUOTE (OpiumHerz @ Sep 26 2012, 02:25 PM) *
Greetings,

Unfortunately there is no support for SR3. The closest Chummer gets is support for different settings files; basically the ability to say that one character uses a one set of source books, optional rules, and house rules for one game, and a second character can use a different set of books and rules in a different game. The "settings" terminology might have been a little misleading. frown.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (Mantis @ Sep 24 2012, 09:52 PM) *
Nebular, I've got a weird bug that has shown up. When I increase my Intuition, and so far, only my Intuition, with karma, it changes my career karma by the amount that increase costs (4>5 25 karma). I've got 85 career karma and when I apply the Intuition increase on the Common tab it changes the career karma to 110. I've added some more karma to the character to do other stats and they all behave correctly except Intuition. I've rebuilt the character and reapplied all his gear and karma from the ground up and this still happens. Any ideas? Can I message you my CHUM file to take a look at?
UPDATE: Tried this with other characters and same result. Increasing Intuition results in career karma going up by whatever amount the Intuition increase costs. Does not happen with other attributes though.

Yeah, if you could email me your save file (nebular@shaw.ca), that would be helpful. I can't seem to re-create the issue at all. With 85 Karma and going from INT 4 to INT 5, all of the ones I've tried have correctly gone down to 60 Karma instead of up to 110. That's just weird.
Nebular
Build 416
  • Weapons now support <spec /> which allows them to match an Active Skill Specialization (see below)
  • Technocritters now have their correct Attributes
  • Technocritters now calculate their Matrix Attributes based on their RES
  • Notes can now be attached to Vehicle Sensors and their plugins
  • Blood Spirit checkbox is no longer visible after choosing a non-Spirit Metatype category in the Select Metatype window
  • added a Change Starting Week button to the Calendar tab which lets characters change the date that the calendar should start on
  • corrected the cost of the PPP ensemble (without helmet)
  • Fashion Armor now has access to Clothing Armor Mods
  • added a house rule to indicate that Special Attributes do not count towards the 50% Karma spending limit on Attributes
Weapon Specializations and <spec />

Up until now, Specializations required that the Weapon's name or Category match the Specialization given to their corresponding Active Skill. With this update, the Weapons data file now supports a <spec /> tag. This now allows Specializations such as Blades (Swords), Automatics (Carbines), and Heavy Weapons (Machine Guns) to work properly.

New Strings
  • Button_ChangeStartWeek
  • Checkbox_Option_SpecialAttributeKarmaLimit
SpellBinder
Neat.

Had an odd thing happen when I went to update, where the Chummer.exe file continually kept repeating the download and replacement and all (everything else downloaded & updated once, like normal). Hopefully it's just a one time thing for me, and when I canceled it and manually restarted Chummer everything was fine.

Thought I'd throw that out there, just in case anyone else happens to experience the same thing.
Hellfire
QUOTE (Nebular @ Oct 1 2012, 03:06 AM) *
Where do you find information on Free Sprites?

Unwired p.157+
Hellfire
QUOTE (Nebular @ Oct 1 2012, 03:07 AM) *
I can't believe this has gone unnoticed for so long! I'll have this fixed in the next update. Weapons will have an additional attribute in the XML that says they belong to a certain specialization, so Katana will fall under Swords, and anything with Carbine in its name will fall into the Automatics (Carbine) specialization. I'm going to make a few more (hopefully quick) changes to some of the XML data files then will upload the latest update.

Still does not seem to work for semi-automatic pistols, for example Ares Predator IV

Also equipment dice pool modifiers from Laser Sight and Red Dot Sight are also omitted. Could you please add them in the same way as the smartgun dice pool modifier.
Parsimony
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Sep 27 2012, 04:28 PM) *
The Improvements tab does have a button labeled [Add Group] where you can group all of the benefits of the drake's form (among other things) into one category, and you can activate/deactivate an entire group by selecting it instead of the individual enhancements.

I will experiment with this feature, thanks for the suggestion.

QUOTE (Nebular @ Sep 30 2012, 08:44 PM) *
Build 416

Thank you for the update! It was nice to see so many great fixes! Especially specialization support, there are so many skills people could use here it may never get them all, but its great to see support for it.

I noticed the Securetech Ensemble with Helmet still had 9 capacity. I assume this is because it is taking the impact of 6, x1.5, and yielding 9. However, Securetech does not have the ( c ) tag for components, and thus the total ratings don't "combine" into "one" item like clothing outfits do (the outfit tag is on Arsenal p45, and is absent from Securetech on p49). As such the "Ensemble" entry for Securetech should be limited at 6 capacity. However, it should probably be capacity 6 for each individual piece, same as modifying a series of helmets or shields would be. I realize the entire Ensemble entry is basically a point of convenience, meaning how this is ultimately handled is open to interpretation. But it seems to me that something should not be possible on the Ensemble which is not actually possible on the individual parts (for fact-checking purposes). As such, allowing 9 capacity of modifiers, when none of the items can actually get that mechanically, seemed worth mentioning.

If you want to keep it how it is, I understand. It is your program, and an area where "GM-calls" are basically being made. I just wanted to outline my thinking so it was not misunderstood as simply doing 6x1.5 incorrectly. Thank you for the opportunity to offer feedback.

Edit: Found something else. Gel-Packs, Ruthenium Polymer Coating, Shock Frills, and YNT Softweave cost zero capacity when taken as "clothing" upgrades, but consume one capacity when taken as "armor" upgrades. For example, on a Lined Coat, they take 1, but on an Armante Designer Fashion item they take 0. I don't know of any reason why that would be the case, so reporting it as suspect. Likewise, Runflat Sandals take up one capacity, when perhaps they should be zero as they are independent footwear rather than a modification to another item (technically, they're a base armor item with rating 0/0, and should maybe be moved off the modification table and show up as a base fashion item so they can receive their own modifications).
Sid Nitzerglobin
Specialization fix looks good!

Had to remove/re-add the weapons that had spec names that differ from their category names, but after that the DP mods are appearing on all sheets/tabs that they should be. Also, it looks like there are a decent number of weapons that don't have a spec value in weapons.xml that will need them (so far not seeing values for Heavy or Light Pistols that would ID them as Semi-Automatics or Revolvers), but I just added the value to the ones I needed in my override file and all is well.

Thanks alot!
DaveDave
Just a small niggle I have spotted. The Cartel Courier is listed at 530K but book price is 53K? ohplease.gif
Parsimony
Few more:
- Natural Fiber, the "clothing" modification, is showing as cost 0 for the multiple cases I looked at. It should cost 10% of the base item, per p160 attitude.
- Armor Debonder is repeated (ie, displays twice) in the Chemtech category.

Edit to add:
- The Jupiter Taser Club correctly appears under the "Taser" sorting, but does not have a "firearms" profile. The Defiance EX Shocker correctly has a "melee" entry, so that it correctly shows up in both places with appropriate stat lines. The Jupiter Taser Club could use the same treatment, with the profile on p20 arsenal listed for the firearms portion. That way, it will correctly appear under the ranged weaponry area on the character printout, with appropriate dice pools, ranges, etc.
forgarn
QUOTE (Hellfire @ Oct 1 2012, 01:09 PM) *
Still does not seem to work for semi-automatic pistols, for example Ares Predator IV

Also equipment dice pool modifiers from Laser Sight and Red Dot Sight are also omitted. Could you please add them in the same way as the smartgun dice pool modifier.

I agree. The automatics specializations are showing but the pistols are not. In addition to the above with the laser site and red dot site, the smartlink bonus is not showing in character creation mode, but it does show in career mode. However the laser sight does not change in career mode.
Sid Nitzerglobin
QUOTE (forgarn @ Oct 2 2012, 11:47 AM) *
I agree. The automatics specializations are showing but the pistols are not. In addition to the above with the laser site and red dot site, the smartlink bonus is not showing in character creation mode, but it does show in career mode. However the laser sight does not change in career mode.

The pistols don't appear to have a <spec>SpecializationType</spec> value defined in weapons.xml. If you add an entry for each pistol you're using w/ a line for <spec>Semi-Automatics</spec> or <spec>Revolvers</spec> as appropriate in an override file then restart Chummer you should get the specialization bonus as intended, although you may also need to remove and re-add the weapon from each character's gear.

It's a pretty simple (if time consuming) fix and I'd imagine could get implemented in the "gold" weapons.xml relatively soon, but this workaround is working for me in the meantime.

I'll concur that it doesn't look like smartgun, laser sight, or red dot sight bonuses are being added to DPs in creation mode.
Mantis
How do you create the override file?
Sid Nitzerglobin
QUOTE (Mantis @ Oct 2 2012, 03:47 PM) *
How do you create the override file?

Create a new file named override_weapons.xml in Chummer\data directory using an xml editor (Notepad++ seems pretty nice and is free). Copy and paste the individual entry for the weapons you need to add the <spec> value for from weapons.xml and add the appropriate <spec> line. Make sure to save changes to the override file and close and re-open Chummer. It's sometimes necessary to remove an already present weapon from a character's gear and re-add it as well.

Example from my override_Sid_weapons.xml that adds specialization values for the Savalette Guardian (semi-auto), Ruger Super Warhawk (revolver), and Katana (swords) below:
CODE
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<chummer>
    <version>001</version>
    <weapons>
        <weapon>
            <name>Savalette Guardian</name>
            <category>Heavy Pistols</category>
            <type>Ranged</type>
            <spec>Semi-Automatics</spec>
            <reach>0</reach>
            <damage>5P</damage>
            <ap>-1</ap>
            <mode>SA/BF</mode>
            <rc>1</rc>
            <ammo>12(c)</ammo>
            <conceal>0</conceal>
            <avail>7R</avail>
            <cost>800</cost>
            <allowaccessory>true</allowaccessory>
            <accessorymounts>
                <mount>Barrel</mount>
                <mount>Top</mount>
            </accessorymounts>
            <mods>
                <mod>Smartgun System</mod>
            </mods>
            <source>AR</source>
            <page>24</page>
        </weapon>
        <weapon>
            <name>Ruger Super Warhawk</name>
            <category>Heavy Pistols</category>
            <type>Ranged</type>
            <spec>Revolvers</spec>
            <reach>0</reach>
            <damage>6P</damage>
            <ap>-2</ap>
            <mode>SS</mode>
            <rc>0</rc>
            <ammo>6(cy)</ammo>
            <conceal>0</conceal>
            <avail>3R</avail>
            <cost>250</cost>
            <allowaccessory>true</allowaccessory>
            <accessorymounts>
                <mount>Barrel</mount>
                <mount>Top</mount>
            </accessorymounts>
            <source>SR4</source>
            <page>317</page>
        </weapon>
        <weapon>
            <name>Katana</name>
            <category>Blades</category>
            <type>Melee</type>
            <spec>Swords</spec>
            <reach>1</reach>
            <damage>(STR/2+3)P</damage>
            <ap>-1</ap>
            <mode>0</mode>
            <rc>0</rc>
            <ammo>0</ammo>
            <conceal>6</conceal>
            <avail>4R</avail>
            <cost>1000</cost>
            <allowaccessory>false</allowaccessory>
            <source>SR4</source>
            <page>314</page>
        </weapon>
    </weapons>
</chummer>
Mantis
Cool. Thanks. Easier than some of the overrides I've needed for games.
Kiirnodel
Hi there, I recently found Chummer, and its been great, so I figured I would make an account here on dumpshock so I could post here to try and help out.

First off, you misspelled Karma in the House Rules option you just added. In the program it says "Karama".

In my own game, I have a player who has made a Possession tradition mage (Qabbalist specifically). While making this character, he wanted to set up a bound spirit that he is going to commonly use, complete with a homunculus (Golem in character) that he owns for it to possess. Let me say, it is awesome that you can create the spirit straight from Spells and Spirits tab. First thing I noticed was that the critter created by doing this was a bit off with its powers.
a) it had Materialization, not Possession. Easily fixed by removing Materialization and then adding Possession. This took me a little to figure out, so it is no longer an actual issue, just a nit-pick. I just thought it might be cool if a Possession tradition mage made a spirit with Possession through this method...
b) another nit-pick, the powers start out marked as counting toward power limit, which if the critter were made from scratch they wouldn't be.

Also, I noticed that Immunity to Normal Weapons was added as a power when possessing living vessels, but not with inanimate vessels. The first two issues are solvable within the program by the user, as you can manually change the spirit's powers for those. But you can't add in the Immunity yourself.

Last issue, and the major one that unless I am mistaken is implemented incorrectly. When I use the special menu option for Possession some of the stats don't come out right. From Street Magic, objects being possessed gain a bonus to their statistics equal to the spirits force. But it seems the resulting statistics are using the spirit's otherwise given statistics for determining the bonus. I have done this with both Inanimate Vessels and Living Vessels, as well as with a few varieties of spirit types and forces.

I think this is everything with the Possession spirits that I noticed. If any of what I think is incorrect is actually correct, please let me know. I'm going based off of the books that I have so if there is a correction somewhere, or I missed something I want to make sure I get it right for my game...
Hellfire
Also with the latest version you are still able to select magical skills (counterspelling, spellcasting, summoning etc.) for the adept power "improved ability", which shouln't be allowed as per power description (only technical, vehicle, physical and social)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012