Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chummer Character Generator
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
Nebular
QUOTE (Makki @ Aug 24 2012, 01:49 AM) *
are you planning on adding training cost for animals? It's Running Wild p.35
Maybe as "plugin" for animals in the gear section?

I hadn't planned on it, but I never really planned on adding pets in the first place and they're in there now. wink.gif I'll take a look at it and see if it's something that can be added.

For now at least it (along with the discounted cost that almost normal had mentioned), these can be handled in Career Mode by manually creating an Nuyen Expense Entry on the Karma and Nuyen tab.
Nebular
QUOTE (Hellfire @ Aug 27 2012, 05:04 AM) *
Furthermore adding the equipment / cyberware from Shadowrun 2050 would be great.

I'll see what I can do about the 2050 stuff. I haven't had much of a chance to look at it just yet but the biggest concern were the things that deviate from the current game mechanics like Cyberdecks. I'm thinking I might just add them in without the things like their MPCP rating, etc. This will at least let you purchase them, add stuff to them, and see which page they're on. It just won't work out their wacky values for you.

The real pain is that 2050 has identical Weapons with different values (like DV, cost, Avail, etc.) than those presented in SR4A. I'm going to have to think about this a little.
Nebular
QUOTE (Minimax le Rouge @ Aug 26 2012, 06:53 AM) *
hello,
i try to add an off road suspension to an ares mobmaster (UCL25), and i have this error back:

I'll have this fixed in the next update which I'll put out tonight.
bannockburn
Something I've noticed, but can't reliably reproduce:
Sometimes, while creating a character and adding an advanced lifestyle, you can't edit the lifestyle afterwards. Either it throws an error or there are no options for the qualities anymore.
Nebular
QUOTE (valavaern @ Aug 27 2012, 10:35 PM) *
using <movementpercent>MAG * 50</movementpercent> in an adept power is still returning an error, while <movementpercent>100</movementpercent> is calculating fine.

Fixed in the next update. It was only working properly if the Improvement also included a bonus from a Rating. No idea what I was thinking. nyahnyah.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (TonkaTuff @ Aug 28 2012, 09:06 PM) *
In the summary column in creation mode, the CF line is tallying the number of complex forms purchased, not the BP spent. Though the running tally in the info bar at the bottom appears to keep current and correct. I don't have any of the houserule cost adjustments toggled.

Fixed in the next update. Was a typo in the math when displaying the total (at least it still deducted the right number of BP so character aren't getting anything they shouldn't). nyahnyah.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (bannockburn @ Aug 29 2012, 04:54 PM) *
Something I've noticed, but can't reliably reproduce:
Sometimes, while creating a character and adding an advanced lifestyle, you can't edit the lifestyle afterwards. Either it throws an error or there are no options for the qualities anymore.

I was able to reproduce this. Looks like there are two issues at work here. I'll have both fixed in tonight's update.
Nebular
QUOTE (b0bd3n4rd @ Aug 23 2012, 10:47 AM) *
I don't know if it was addressed already, but Sprite names aren't being translated on the printed sheets, neither in French or German.

I'll have this fixed in tonight's update.
Nebular
QUOTE (Starmage21 @ Aug 28 2012, 10:26 PM) *
This thread has become tl;dr and search didnt come up with this so:

New(?) issue:
Cyberware Commlink allows you to add a custom commlink as gear. Aside from that, you cannot do anything else, even dictate the stats of the cyberware commlink.

You can add Commlink Upgrade and Commlink Operating System Upgrade pieces to the Commlink you have attached to the Cyberware Commlink. The big drawback is that you cannot actually see the calculated Ratings and the like. Adding all of this information to the Cyberware tab would require a lot of extra work and maintenance to get it to match up with what's already on the Gear tab. I'd personally go with SpellBinder's suggestion and maintain the actual Commlink on the Gear tab.
Nebular
QUOTE (Sengir @ Aug 24 2012, 10:12 AM) *
Most of the entries for missiles and grenades in the weapons.xml only have a 0 listed for price and Availability, the result is that most <weapon> entries in the printout .xml don't have this info, either. Would it be possible to copy the price and Avail info from the gears.xml into the weapons.xml (and thereby have it present in the <weapon> tag)?

The price is set to 0 in the Weapons XML since you're paying for it by purchasing the Gear instead and impacts Create Mode. If both had a cost, then you'd be paying for a given item twice. I can see if it's possible to grab this information when a Weapon prints so that it's at least included in the printout XML.
BigMrE
Are there any plans for a 2050 version?
Nebular
QUOTE (BigMrE @ Aug 29 2012, 06:57 PM) *
Are there any plans for a 2050 version?

See post #1052 above. wink.gif For the time being, I'll likely just put whatever 2050 content I can into the data files (once I figure out how to handle the same name, different stats issue without using an override file since people will likely want to easily switch between SR4 and 2050). I may add options for 2050 stuff into the application at some point but I'm not certain about that yet.
Nebular
Build 407
  • Weapon Mods that use a Total Cost multiplier now use the full multiplier instead of multiplier - 1
  • Weapon Dice Pool now shows the same tooltip in Create Mode as it does in Career Mode
  • Weapons now include their modified firing mode in the printout XML
  • fixed an issue where Vehicle Mods that included Vehicle Cost in their cost could throw an error when attempting to add it to a Vehicle
  • Complex Form total on the Build Point Summary tab calculates its value correctly again
  • Advanced Lifestyles that had the Street
  • Z-zones/Barrens or Luxury-AAA Neighborhoods no longer throw an error when attempting to edit them
  • fixed an issue that prevented Advanced Lifestyles from showing the list of Qualities when editing them
  • Spirit and Sprite names are now translated on the printout when using a non-English language
  • Weapons created by Gear (such as Missiles) now use the <avail />, <cost />, and <owncost /> of the Gear that created them in the printout XML
KnightAries
Error thrown when adding PACKS.

".", hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character. Line 2, position 1.

[ Spoiler ]
valavaern
QUOTE (Nebular @ Aug 29 2012, 07:04 PM) *
Fixed in the next update. It was only working properly if the Improvement also included a bonus from a Rating. No idea what I was thinking. nyahnyah.gif

Thanks, I know really funny things can pop p when you're coding something as complex as this~

Also, I'd like to re-itterate my request to be able to adjust the skill/skill group caps (for making more advanced characters) without having to use the 'ignore character creation rules' option.
Sengir
QUOTE (Nebular @ Aug 30 2012, 12:42 AM) *
The price is set to 0 in the Weapons XML since you're paying for it by purchasing the Gear instead and impacts Create Mode. If both had a cost, then you'd be paying for a given item twice.

Doesn't really matter now that you cross-reference the data from the two files (thanks for that), but I just checked some custom grenades (which have a pirce both in custom_weapons.xml and custom_gear.xml) and Chummer only charges once for adding one. Pity, since the character is really short on cash wink.gif

Something else, I got the latest Chummer update as bycatch in a Wireshark log and it seems you transmit the XML files uncompressed -- isn't that a bit wasteful on your bandwidth?
BigMrE
QUOTE (Nebular @ Aug 29 2012, 06:42 PM) *
I'll see what I can do about the 2050 stuff. I haven't had much of a chance to look at it just yet but the biggest concern were the things that deviate from the current game mechanics like Cyberdecks. I'm thinking I might just add them in without the things like their MPCP rating, etc. This will at least let you purchase them, add stuff to them, and see which page they're on. It just won't work out their wacky values for you.

The real pain is that 2050 has identical Weapons with different values (like DV, cost, Avail, etc.) than those presented in SR4A. I'm going to have to think about this a little.

What if you just named it (for example) Ares Predator 2050 or something like that?

And I'm sorry I didn't see the post you referenced before I asked the question...for some reason I didn't think to search...
valavaern
New error found: All military grade comlinks should come with:
Armor Case 5
Hardening 5
Biometric Locks
KnightAries
QUOTE (BigMrE @ Aug 30 2012, 06:13 PM) *
What if you just named it (for example) Ares Predator 2050 or something like that?

And I'm sorry I didn't see the post you referenced before I asked the question...for some reason I didn't think to search...

Many of the items already have a name for 2050 items such as the Ares Predator I or Ford Americar 2050. It's just about referencing them.

Though because of the way the 2050 setting is; I'd see it more of a solo addition then just a rules book extention. Like say having an option that says 2050 and disables most of the options for the rest of the rule books.
KnightAries
Feature request:

I'm asking for commlinks to be it's own section like weapons, gear, armor, and life style.

With basically all the matrix gear there.

headware commlinks can fall under it with the ability to show or be modified kinda like grenades are.

Agents/IC/Pilot programs can be handled like spirits/sprites
SpellBinder
Something odd I noticed when trying to make a cyber-street sam. The single cybereye actually is not limited to just the "Left" or "Right" eye replacement, and can be installed quite literally anywhere, including a tail (cybernetic or biological) and cyberlimb. In the case of a cyberlimb (and balance tail), it'll actually take up capacity instead of essence, and have the capacity for its own extras.

Currently a single cybereye doesn't take up capacity if placed in a cyberlimb nor can accessories be added to that eye. On the plus side it also doesn't deduct essence.
KnightAries
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Aug 30 2012, 11:25 PM) *
Something odd I noticed when trying to make a cyber-street sam. The single cybereye actually is not limited to just the "Left" or "Right" eye replacement, and can be installed quite literally anywhere, including a tail (cybernetic or biological) and cyberlimb. In the case of a cyberlimb (and balance tail), it'll actually take up capacity instead of essence, and have the capacity for its own extras.

Currently a single cybereye doesn't take up capacity if placed in a cyberlimb nor can accessories be added to that eye. On the plus side it also doesn't deduct essence.

Aug pg 38
almost normal
Jeepers. I'm surprised at how quickly I was responded to. Thanks!
Scarecrow
QUOTE (KnightAries @ Aug 30 2012, 10:47 PM) *
Feature request:

I'm asking for commlinks to be it's own section like weapons, gear, armor, and life style.

With basically all the matrix gear there.

headware commlinks can fall under it with the ability to show or be modified kinda like grenades are.

Agents/IC/Pilot programs can be handled like spirits/sprites

Four hundred and nintey-seconded.

Seriously, this is a pretty darned good idea. With how important commlinks are, even for non-hackers, it would make sense (at least to me) to have them be their own section in gear.
SpellBinder
A simple gear update. Arsenal, page 142, the Shielded Smuggling Compartment is listed with a cost of ¥3,000+ and Chummer is locked at ¥3,000.
valavaern
New bug found: bioware suites throw an error when adding a suite that has a piece with a variable cost, such a moderate bio-sculpting. Clicking through the error allows you to add the suite just fine (and brings up the price selection menu for the offending piece).

[ Spoiler ]
valavaern
Error found: Program Suites (such the FTL Matrix Wizard) cannot be gotten in hacked form, like the normal matrix programs (and program bundles listed in that category) can.
Hellfire
QUOTE (valavaern @ Sep 1 2012, 07:27 AM) *
Error found: Program Suites (such the FTL Matrix Wizard) cannot be gotten in hacked form, like the normal matrix programs (and program bundles listed in that category) can.

Also if a program suite is part of a custom PACKs kit, the price is deducted twice when you add the custom PACKs kit: once for the suite and once for each and every program in the suite.
valavaern
request for new house rule options: Free Spirits get power points equal to their Magic instead of Edge.
Sid Nitzerglobin
Bug (maybe?): Can't figure out a way to remove a week entry in the Calendar of a created character. Just being able to edit start date would be helpful for my current character.

Just got the new update and it still looks like we still have the Smartlink dice pool mod applied to Pistols & Automatics (haven't checked other firearm types) on the Skills tab for created or non-created characters, but no dice pool mod for a personalized grip on a melee weapon. No biggy, just thought I'd mention in case you thought this was addressed.
bannockburn
Interestingly enough, I've just checked an older character in career mode, and her lifestyle qualities have vanished. I also can't add them again smile.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (Sengir @ Aug 30 2012, 04:13 AM) *
Something else, I got the latest Chummer update as bycatch in a Wireshark log and it seems you transmit the XML files uncompressed -- isn't that a bit wasteful on your bandwidth?

Very, yes. smile.gif The critters.xml file is 965 KB and compresses quite nicely down to 44 KB. Omae compresses all of its content to save bandwidth and disk space and to make downloading things much quicker. The update stuff, however, came long before any of that. The server host doesn't seem to care about disk space and bandwidth (or I'm coming nowhere near any limits if there are any). This was also long before I started really working with compression, had about half as many data files, all of the data files were much smaller, and had only a handful of users as opposed to the thousands I now have. The expectation was I'd be lucky if a dozen people used it, so it never seemed like an issue to me. biggrin.gif

EDIT: I managed to get this implemented fairly quickly. I'll have this in the next update.
Nebular
QUOTE (BigMrE @ Aug 30 2012, 07:13 PM) *

No worries. There's a lot of stuff between this thread and the previous one so it gets pretty hard to see what has been said before. smile.gif I do like the idea of just adding 2050 to the name, so I'll likely go with that method.
Nebular
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Aug 31 2012, 10:25 PM) *
A simple gear update. Arsenal, page 142, the Shielded Smuggling Compartment is listed with a cost of ¥3,000+ and Chummer is locked at ¥3,000.

You'd think so, but this also requires a change to the code. Vehicle Mods don't currently support variable costs. I'll have this in the next update. wink.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (bannockburn @ Sep 3 2012, 10:48 AM) *
Interestingly enough, I've just checked an older character in career mode, and her lifestyle qualities have vanished. I also can't add them again smile.gif

Could you email me one of your affected save files so I can see what's happening? (nebular@shaw.ca)
Nebular
QUOTE (KnightAries @ Aug 29 2012, 07:49 PM) *
Error thrown when adding PACKS.

".", hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character. Line 2, position 1.

I can't seem to reproduce this. It looks like this happens when the PACKS Kit window opens. Do you have any custom PACKS Kits created? If you do, could you please email them to me (nebular@shaw.ca) so I can see what the issue might be?
Nebular
QUOTE (Sid Nitzerglobin @ Sep 2 2012, 05:58 PM) *
Bug (maybe?): Can't figure out a way to remove a week entry in the Calendar of a created character. Just being able to edit start date would be helpful for my current character.

Just got the new update and it still looks like we still have the Smartlink dice pool mod applied to Pistols & Automatics (haven't checked other firearm types) on the Skills tab for created or non-created characters, but no dice pool mod for a personalized grip on a melee weapon. No biggy, just thought I'd mention in case you thought this was addressed.

The Calendar is design to not allow you to remove a week, the idea that each week should happen in sequence so removing one didn't seem appropriate. I do, however, now realise the need to adjust the starting period in case the wrong values were selected. I'll add this to my list of stuff to do.

The Smartlink bonus really should come out of the Skills bonuses. This was put in long before Weapons showed their Dice Pool so it is really no longer needed. The Smartlink bonus should only appear in the Weapon's Dice Pool value, not in any Active Skill total. The current method is redundant and misleading since it applies only to Weapons that have Smartgun and not to the Active Skill as a whole. So the way Personalized Grip, Melee currently works should be correct - it should only increase the Weapon's Dice Pool and not be reflected in an Active Skill's total. I'll hopefully have this cleaned up in the next update.
Nebular
Build 408
  • Vehicle Mods now support variable Costs
  • selecting a Cyberware or Bioware Suite that contains an item with a variable Cost no longer throws an error
  • added a house rule to allow Free Spirit Power Points to be based on MAG instead of EDG
  • data files are now downloaded in a compressed format and decompressed locally to greatly reduce the amount of time it takes for them to be downloaded
  • removed the Include Smartlink bonus in Active Skills option since it is no longer necessary (see below)
Include Smartlink bonus in Active Skills option removed
Weapons have displayed their own calculated Dice Pools since build 314. As a result, showing the Smartlink bonus in an Active Skill has become redundant and rather misleading since it is applied on a per-Weapon basis instead of the Active Skill as a whole. The Weapon Dice Pool accurately reflects any Smartlink bonuses the character receives.

New Strings
  • Checkbox_Option_FreeSpiritPowerPointsMAG
Deleted Strings
  • Checkbox_Options_IncludeSmartlink
SpellBinder
QUOTE (Nebular @ Sep 5 2012, 04:05 PM) *
You'd think so, but this also requires a change to the code. Vehicle Mods don't currently support variable costs. I'll have this in the next update. wink.gif
Well, that explains the "Special Equipment" mod I tried creating last week, and the fit Chummer threw when I tried to test it.
valavaern
QUOTE (Nebular @ Sep 5 2012, 06:55 PM) *
  • selecting a Cyberware or Bioware Suite that contains an item with a variable Cost no longer throws an error
  • added a house rule to allow Free Spirit Power Points to be based on MAG instead of EDG

thank you and thank you~
KnightAries
QUOTE (Nebular @ Sep 5 2012, 03:29 PM) *
I can't seem to reproduce this. It looks like this happens when the PACKS Kit window opens. Do you have any custom PACKS Kits created? If you do, could you please email them to me (nebular@shaw.ca) so I can see what the issue might be?

Thanks. It was the customPACKS.xml. Same one I sent you earlier if you still have it. If not I can resend it.
valavaern
Okay, probably a stupid question, but..... what file are the free spirit powers in? I wanted to do so adjustments to the point costs, but I can't find them. :x
X-Kalibur
BUG - Throwing weapons doesn't seem to be properly pulling from the table. Only the Boomerang and Net show up for me.

Also, given the entry for the boomerang, it seems there is no math currently in place to calculate the bonus distance and damage for Power Throw and Missile Mastery.
Hellfire
QUOTE (X-Kalibur @ Sep 6 2012, 07:01 AM) *
BUG - Throwing weapons doesn't seem to be properly pulling from the table. Only the Boomerang and Net show up for me.

Also, given the entry for the boomerang, it seems there is no math currently in place to calculate the bonus distance and damage for Power Throw and Missile Mastery.

All other Throwing Weapons (for example Knives, Shuriken, Grenates etc. ) are under "Ammunition" in the Gear tab (but they show up under the Weapons tab once you have bought some).
Hellfire
Found a small bug:
The Urban Explorer Jumpsuit comes equipped with a biomonitor (and a music player smile.gif ) SR4A p. 326/327
KnightAries
QUOTE (valavaern @ Sep 5 2012, 09:55 PM) *
Okay, probably a stupid question, but..... what file are the free spirit powers in? I wanted to do so adjustments to the point costs, but I can't find them. :x

critterpowers.xml IIRC.
X-Kalibur
QUOTE (Hellfire @ Sep 6 2012, 05:38 AM) *
All other Throwing Weapons (for example Knives, Shuriken, Grenates etc. ) are under "Ammunition" in the Gear tab (but they show up under the Weapons tab once you have bought some).

For part 1, you are correct. I didn't see them under ammunition. But there's no math linking them to the adept powers.
Sid Nitzerglobin
QUOTE (Nebular @ Sep 5 2012, 07:55 PM) *
Build 408
  • removed the Include Smartlink bonus in Active Skills option since it is no longer necessary (see below)
Include Smartlink bonus in Active Skills option removed
Weapons have displayed their own calculated Dice Pools since build 314. As a result, showing the Smartlink bonus in an Active Skill has become redundant and rather misleading since it is applied on a per-Weapon basis instead of the Active Skill as a whole. The Weapon Dice Pool accurately reflects any Smartlink bonuses the character receives.

Cool, thanks for clearing that up. In relation to this, I guess I have a bug and a feature request.

Bug: Dice pool displayed for melee weapons on the Street Gear\Weapons tab isn't adding specialization dice as firearms are (specifically tested w/ Katanas on character w/ Swords specialization) .

Feature Request: On the Character Sheet, add dice pool value to weapon stat block that includes all standard bonuses for that particular weapon in the hands of the character.

Feature Request 2: Include applicable Martial Arts advantage DV bonuses in weapon DV in Street Gear\Weapons and on weapon stat block on Character Sheets. I realize this probably involves more work as I'm not sure the martial arts advantages have any code machinery behind them to apply the bonuses at this point from what I could see.

Thanks again for a very cool and useful app!
X-Kalibur
QUOTE (Sid Nitzerglobin @ Sep 6 2012, 09:47 AM) *
Feature Request 2: Include applicable Martial Arts advantage DV bonuses in weapon DV in Street Gear\Weapons and on weapon stat block on Character Sheets. I realize this probably involves more work as I'm not sure the martial arts advantages have any code machinery behind them to apply the bonuses at this point from what I could see.

It should do this already. I know it works for blades at least, I had a +1DV advantage for blades and it gave me the extra DV on all bladed weapons in the list.
Nebular
I've just noticed a rather hideous issue with updating the language files that is the result of the recent change I made to download compressed versions of data files; it doesn't use compression with the language files which I thought would be OK (turns out I was wrong). I'll have a fix for this available this evening. If you update the application manually, everything will be OK. If you're using automatic updates, chances are the app will get stuck in an infinite loop trying to update the French language files that it will never successfully update. If you're encountering this issue, you can download the files manually using the links below. Once they're downloaded, place both files in your Chummer\lang directory and you should be back to normal.

http://www.chummergen.com/dev/chummer/lang/fr.xml
http://www.chummergen.com/dev/chummer/lang/fr_data.xml
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012