Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chummer Character Generator
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
Scarecrow
QUOTE (IridiosDZ @ Jul 10 2012, 03:24 PM) *
The cyberware commlink in Chummer is an additional cost on top of a normal commlink found in the street gear section. In essence, you are paying a premium to have a normal commlink implanted. SR4A p.339 First item in the equipment table.

That's rather....stupid. That's like paying for a cyberweapon implant, and then having to pay for the weapon a second time. Why don't you have to pay for the weapon twice, but you have to pay for the commlink twice? And as far as the software (Chummer) goes, why can't the premium be added to the cyberware implant instead of having to pay for each separately?

If those are the rules, then those are the rules and I have to abide by them. Which is no big deal - games are generally not written 100% perfect. But this one baffles me.
bannockburn
Yep, them's the rules. In case of a weapon, you pay for a specialized piece of equipment that can't be used in any other way, but the implanted commlink is just a regular commlink, implanted into your head (or cyberlimb). Just one possible explanation though wink.gif

In regards to programs: You can use those on every commlink, so they are not bound to the one in your head. Just run a copy on another one and you're good. Programs are not an integral part of an implanted commlink. Think of them as ammunition for the same kind of weapon. Just as you can switch out ammo between your Manhunter and Predator, programs are not bound to the 'link in your head.
IridiosDZ
QUOTE (Scarecrow @ Jul 10 2012, 06:18 PM) *
That's rather....stupid. That's like paying for a cyberweapon implant, and then having to pay for the weapon a second time. Why don't you have to pay for the weapon twice, but you have to pay for the commlink twice? And as far as the software (Chummer) goes, why can't the premium be added to the cyberware implant instead of having to pay for each separately?

If those are the rules, then those are the rules and I have to abide by them. Which is no big deal - games are generally not written 100% perfect. But this one baffles me.

Well, when you select a cyberweapon it already has the implant premium in the price. Cyber Hvy Pistol is 3200 vs. 500 for an Ares Viper. That's a 2700 nuyen premium. When you get a cybernetic commlink you choose the commlink model, Erika Elite for example, and have it implanted in your body. So you have to pay a 2000 nuyen premium to make it implantable.

As to why you have to do it in two different areas of Chummer. It's reasonable to keep the implant cost (and essence cost) managed under the cyber tab, but to keep the 'link information under the street gear. Perhaps a link could be made between the two in the future, but it's not likely to be high on the priority list.
SpellBinder
Consider, too, the wireless DNI you get with an implanted commlink for free. And unlike the selection of cyberguns, I'd also say it's easier to replace/upgrade an implanted commlink if/when you want.

Oh, by the way, implanted commlinks now are way better than they used to be. In SR3 a SOTA cranial cyberdeck (SR4's implanted commlink) ran 2,000,000 nuyen and 3.5 essence, where the basic one ran 14,000 nuyen (same as the most basic stock cyberdeck) and cost 1.9 essence. Paying a flat 0.2 essence and mere 2,000+commlink cost in nuyen is peanuts now, and also means it's likely that a heavily cybered street sam can be a combat hacker with multiple implanted commlinks to boot.
ShadowWalker
If you select the cyberware comlink and right click you can select Add Gear. From here you can add any gear listed, including a commlink. It doesn't stop you from doing things you shouldn't. So expect the GM to complain if you do something other than put in a commlink. Once the particular commlink you wanted is now part of your cyber install you can add programs to it. I'm not sure there is functionallity to move items installed in a commlink such as software to the gear tab, but I could be wrong. Just having a look, it doesn't look like there is. So having some functionality to allow for the ability to move software from one commlink to another regardless of what tab it's on would be nice.
10gauge
Tool tips don't show up on my WIN7 computer bute they do show up on my WIN XP computer. Any ideas or suggestions?
SpellBinder
I don't know if there will be, ShadowWalker. Might be part of why Nebular added the "Add Location" in the gear section. You can add a location like "Commlink In Skull" or "Left Cyberarm Commlink", and just dump the commlink and all associated software and accessories into that location.
EpicUnknown
Attempting to fire a weapon, purchase ammo for a weapon, or reload a weapon doesn't work and throws up this error.
************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Chummer.frmCareer.PickGear(Boolean blnAmmoOnly, Gear objStackGear, String strForceItemValue)
at Chummer.frmCareer.cmdWeaponBuyAmmo_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.269 (RTMGDR.030319-2600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Chummer
Assembly Version: 0.0.0.396
Win32 Version: 0.0.0.396
CodeBase: file:///E:/ShadowRun/Chummer/Chummer.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.278 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.282 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.269 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Core
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Configuration
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
Accessibility
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
The weapon also doesn't recognize any of the ammo I have for it.

Also, different issue. Is there a way to program in additional Echos? A player of mine requested an echo which raises your effective Logic for the purposes of how many complex forms you can have. Is there a way that I could program that in? If not, I'll just use the special expenses section and add it to the character notes so its fine.
Sengir
QUOTE (EpicUnknown @ Jul 11 2012, 08:48 PM) *
Also, different issue. Is there a way to program in additional Echos?

In general yes, see http://www.chummergen.com/chummer/wiki/Cus...ta%20Files.ashx

At least a straight LOG increase is easy to do that way (look at the echo that increases Reaction for a template). However, something specific such as the number of CFs would probably only be possible if Nebular added support for a <increasecflimit> tag.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Jul 11 2012, 01:59 PM) *
I don't know if there will be, ShadowWalker. Might be part of why Nebular added the "Add Location" in the gear section. You can add a location like "Commlink In Skull" or "Left Cyberarm Commlink", and just dump the commlink and all associated software and accessories into that location.

You can actually put a commlink onto the cyberware tab attached to the commlink cyberware item.
You can also add software and other items to this commlink. This was all added after gear locations. So it would be nice to be able to cut and past from one commlink to another, when those commlink are on different tabs.
Scarecrow
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Jul 11 2012, 06:42 PM) *
You can actually put a commlink onto the tab attached to the commlink cyberware item.
You can also add software and other items to this commlink. This was all added after gear locations. So it would be nice to be able to cut and past from one commlink to another, when those commlink are on different tabs.

Ok, I tested this to see if this could be done. I started a new character, gave him a boatload of cash, and went to the cyberware tab. I then added Commlink as Cyberware. So far, so good.

After this, I selected the Commlink cyberware and selected Add as Plugin. All I got was the list of cyberware that is available to purchase, so this didn't work. I then selected the Commlink cyberware that I already purchased (I clicked Cancel after Add as Plugin), and I clicked Add Gear. Ok, it gives me a list of the applicable Commlinks that can be added. For this exercise, I chose the Novatech Airware.

So now I wanted to add some software and features to the Commlink, so I selected the Novatech Airware and clicked on Add as Plugin. Again, all I got was the list of available cyberware that could be purchased, and not a listing of Commlink accessories and such. Ok, I clicked Cancel, selected the Novatech Airware, and clicked Add Gear. No dice - got the error message "Gear cannot be added to this piece of Cyberware".

Now, I have no problems with purchasing the Commlink cyberware modification on the Cyberware tab, and then purchasing the Commlink and its mods on the Gear tab. But, if the Commlink is implanted via Cyberware, wouldn't it make more sense to be able to do all of that on the one tab?

I also added a Location (Commlink Cyberware Implant) on the Street Gear tab, and I selected it to add a Commlink. Purchased the Commlink, and...it was added, but not under this location. I had to click/hold and drag it to this location for it to stick there. Not sure if that's a bug, but it would be nice to select the location, purchase the gear, and have it show up there instead of having to click and drag to the location.

(Note - I attempted all of this with multiple Commlinks and multiple locations, all with the same results.)
SpellBinder
Guess it's just my way of thinking. I find it easier just dumping a cyberware commlink in a custom location in the gear tab, where said character usually has at least one other commlink that's not cyberware.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Scarecrow @ Jul 11 2012, 10:27 PM) *
Ok, I tested this to see if this could be done. I started a new character, gave him a boatload of cash, and went to the cyberware tab. I then added Commlink as Cyberware. So far, so good.

After this, I selected the Commlink cyberware and selected Add as Plugin. All I got was the list of cyberware that is available to purchase, so this didn't work. I then selected the Commlink cyberware that I already purchased (I clicked Cancel after Add as Plugin), and I clicked Add Gear. Ok, it gives me a list of the applicable Commlinks that can be added. For this exercise, I chose the Novatech Airware.

So now I wanted to add some software and features to the Commlink, so I selected the Novatech Airware and clicked on Add as Plugin. Again, all I got was the list of available cyberware that could be purchased, and not a listing of Commlink accessories and such. Ok, I clicked Cancel, selected the Novatech Airware, and clicked Add Gear. No dice - got the error message "Gear cannot be added to this piece of Cyberware".

Now, I have no problems with purchasing the Commlink cyberware modification on the Cyberware tab, and then purchasing the Commlink and its mods on the Gear tab. But, if the Commlink is implanted via Cyberware, wouldn't it make more sense to be able to do all of that on the one tab?

I also added a Location (Commlink Cyberware Implant) on the Street Gear tab, and I selected it to add a Commlink. Purchased the Commlink, and...it was added, but not under this location. I had to click/hold and drag it to this location for it to stick there. Not sure if that's a bug, but it would be nice to select the location, purchase the gear, and have it show up there instead of having to click and drag to the location.

(Note - I attempted all of this with multiple Commlinks and multiple locations, all with the same results.)

Not sure why you are having strange things happening with the cyberware commlink. When I create a new character. I can go to the cyberware tab and click the Add Cyberware button. The resulting list that is displayed includes the Commlink cyberwre just a few items from the top. I can then right click the new commlink cyberwre item and the Add gear is listed. Selecting Add Gear has the gear list show up with the default of commlinks being displayed.

As for the gear showing up in lists, it always adds new gear, that'snot part of another piece of gear to the root location at the top of the tree. You then have to move it to the location you want it in. I'd like to see it add any new items to the currently selected location.
CeeJay
- All the camera upgrade firearm modifications should cost one mod slot (AR p. 147.). Right now they cost zero mod slots.
- When I select one of the new Shiawase Arms Tactical firearms in the "Select Weapon" window the text listing all the built-in modifications and accessories is so long that it continues "under" the source information. Looks like the layout of the "Included Accessories and Modifications" field was designed to have max 4 entries. But now there are firearms that come with up to 6 or 7 built-in features...

-CJ
Scarecrow
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Jul 11 2012, 09:26 PM) *
Not sure why you are having strange things happening with the cyberware commlink. When I create a new character. I can go to the cyberware tab and click the Add Cyberware button. The resulting list that is displayed includes the Commlink cyberwre just a few items from the top. I can then right click the new commlink cyberwre item and the Add gear is listed. Selecting Add Gear has the gear list show up with the default of commlinks being displayed.

As for the gear showing up in lists, it always adds new gear, that'snot part of another piece of gear to the root location at the top of the tree. You then have to move it to the location you want it in. I'd like to see it add any new items to the currently selected location.

Interestingly enough, when I right click on the added commlink on the Cyberware tab, it gives me all of the options to add stuff to the commlink. But when I click on the arrow next to Add Cyberware and then click Add Gear, that's when I get the message indicating that gear can't be added.

TBH, I wasn't aware that the right click was an option, so I'll have to use that from now on.
10gauge
QUOTE (10gauge @ Jul 11 2012, 08:04 PM) *
Tool tips don't show up on my WIN7 computer bute they do show up on my WIN XP computer. Any ideas or suggestions?

Any suggestions? smile.gif
bannockburn
Your computer. My windows 7, and even the vista laptop show tooltips just fine wink.gif
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Scarecrow @ Jul 12 2012, 08:46 AM) *
Interestingly enough, when I right click on the added commlink on the Cyberware tab, it gives me all of the options to add stuff to the commlink. But when I click on the arrow next to Add Cyberware and then click Add Gear, that's when I get the message indicating that gear can't be added.

TBH, I wasn't aware that the right click was an option, so I'll have to use that from now on.

If I recall the arrow to expand the tree doesn't change the item selected. So after expanding it you still need to click on the item you want selected (even if it's the only item in the list)
Rugre
nvm
All4BigGuns
Any idea how long until the new Used Car Lot stuff is added in?
RelentlessImp
QUOTE (All4BigGuns @ Jul 15 2012, 05:47 PM) *

This. Looking forward to seeing how you deal with the option of upgrading Obsolete vehicles to modern standards.
Nebular
QUOTE (10gauge @ Jul 11 2012, 12:04 PM) *

It's not just your computer or Windows 7; this has been a known issue with the .NET Framework since the early days. Microsoft has known about it since it was initially reported back with .NET Framework 2.0. They have always considered it a fringe issue and do not plan on fixing it. (It happens infrequently so the time it takes to reliable reproduce the issue for testing purposes, hunting down the cause, finding out how to fix it, implementing the fix, and testing the fix likely isn't worth the expense for the development/QA staff). I've had this happen a number of times myself; it seems the only real "fix" is to close the application and re-open it. nyahnyah.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (All4BigGuns @ Jul 15 2012, 05:47 PM) *

Just uploaded the updated Books and Vehicles files to add these in! biggrin.gif
All4BigGuns
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jul 16 2012, 04:41 PM) *
Just uploaded the updated Books and Vehicles files to add these in! biggrin.gif

Thank you.
Nebular
QUOTE (EpicUnknown @ Jul 11 2012, 02:48 PM) *
Attempting to fire a weapon, purchase ammo for a weapon, or reload a weapon doesn't work and throws up this error.
************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Chummer.frmCareer.PickGear(Boolean blnAmmoOnly, Gear objStackGear, String strForceItemValue)
at Chummer.frmCareer.cmdWeaponBuyAmmo_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

This should be fixed in the latest build that I just put up (notes to follow this post). If you're still having an issue, please let me know.
Nebular
Sorry, things have been stupidly busy lately (and taking interesting, unexpected turns) and I haven't had anywhere near as much time to work on this as I had hoped. Nothing really new this release, but it does take care of a crash which always takes top priority and one nutty ammo issue. I'm hoping to get back to a regular/semi-regular development and release cycle soon.

Build 398
  • Ammo that is in a container such as a Spare Clip and loaded into a Weapon now correctly affects the Weapon's DV, AP, and RC
  • clicking the Buy Ammo button for the selected Weapon no longer throws an error if a piece of Gear was not already selected in the Gear list
Nebular
QUOTE (Scarecrow @ Jul 10 2012, 01:20 PM) *
5. I purchased an Ares Antioch-2 grenade launcher, and 12 grenades. When I go to load the grenade launcher, the system gives me the message that I have not purchased any grenade launcher ammo.

SpellBinder already went over the other points, so I'll just address this one. Grenade Launchers do not use standard Grenades or Ammo; they instead use Minigrenades.
Scarecrow
Ah... I'll have to purchase mini-grenades then. Ok, thanks for the update on that one.

I've still got questions on Knowledge Skills. I realize that it was pointed out that I was attempting to use specializations which was throwing my count off, but it was never addressed that if I selected, say, Area Knowledge twice, and then put 2 different specializations in, when I saved the character they both switched to be the same thing.

Also, I've seen where I've done the Knowledge skills, then saved the character, and then when I view the knowledge skills again they are gone. It normally happens when I move the character to career mode, which causes me to have to re-create the character from scratch, but then when I move the new character to career mode it happens again. I've tried altering the XML file directly to correct this, but that doesn't help either.

Finally, I've been playing around with the knowledge skills, and some times I'll get to the end of the skill selection and decide to make some changes. So I make the changes, but then I've got to delete some skills as the records don't belong there. If I start deleting in the middle of the list, the subsequent records don't keep the same spacing - they shift upwards, eventually running into the lines above them, and then finally disappearing altogether.
bannockburn
Concerning Area Knowledge: There are no specializations. For different cities, it's different skills. You can only ever have one specialization for any skill (such as Area Knowledge: Seattle (Redmond +2)).
Scarecrow
QUOTE (bannockburn @ Jul 17 2012, 07:37 AM) *
Concerning Area Knowledge: There are no specializations. For different cities, it's different skills. You can only ever have one specialization for any skill (such as Area Knowledge: Seattle (Redmond +2)).

Well, that takes care of the specialization thing. thanks!
SpellBinder
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jul 17 2012, 08:17 AM) *
SpellBinder already went over the other points, so I'll just address this one. Grenade Launchers do not use standard Grenades or Ammo; they instead use Minigrenades.

So that's what I did wrong. Just looking at the name I thought those were miniature grenades and not ammo.

Added: I've removed the Ford Americar from my custom content. I'd suggest those using it to redownload it. Not sure if there'll be problems with the UCL content, but it doesn't hurt to make sure.
RelentlessImp
I might be blind, but. Was there an option added utilizing the rules on UCL page 15 to update Obsolete vehicles to modern standards?
All4BigGuns
QUOTE (RelentlessImp @ Jul 17 2012, 04:18 PM) *
I might be blind, but. Was there an option added utilizing the rules on UCL page 15 to update Obsolete vehicles to modern standards?

There was, and unfortunately it hasn't been added yet. I looked through the vehicle mods for five minutes trying to find it.
SpellBinder
Depending on how quick Nebular is to implement something, I think I can write something to fill the gap for the Obsolete removal.
Nebular
QUOTE (Tashiro @ Jul 2 2012, 06:22 PM) *
Could you shift 'Shadow Spirit' into its own category, and split it by Shadow Spirit type? As it stands, you can make a 'generic' Shadow Spirit, and then have to pay for the powers related to the individual types. Much appreciated. (This is for making a critter as summoned / adversary).

I've updated the Critters data file to split the different Shadow Spirits into their own category.
Nebular
QUOTE (RelentlessImp @ Jul 17 2012, 04:18 PM) *

This unfortunately isn't as simple as I'd like it to be. My initial idea was to just add a Vehicle Mod for it, but that is both counter-intuitive and, perhaps more importantly, simply doesn't work. smile.gif I'm going to build this into the behaviour of the delete button when Obsolete is selected. I should have this in the next update.

EDIT: Have this working now. When you delete the Obsolete Mod, you're asked to select a percentage as per UCL 15. The Obsolete Mod is replaced by a Retrofit Mod (to show that the Vehicle has been retrofitted) and given a price equal to the cost of Retrofitting the Vehicle (this allows it to work properly in Create Mode as well).
Nebular
QUOTE (EpicUnknown @ Jul 11 2012, 02:48 PM) *
Also, different issue. Is there a way to program in additional Echos? A player of mine requested an echo which raises your effective Logic for the purposes of how many complex forms you can have. Is there a way that I could program that in? If not, I'll just use the special expenses section and add it to the character notes so its fine.

I'll have proper support for this in the next update. <complexformlimit /> will adjust the number of Complex Forms a character is allowed to have during character creation (so <complexformlimit>1</complexformlimit> will increase the number of allowed Complex Forms by 1). I'll have one for <spelllimit /> as well to adjust the number of Spells a character can have during character creation just to balance things out on the magic side. smile.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (Sengir @ Jul 6 2012, 05:04 PM) *
Plus another thing, though I'm not sure if it's a bug or feature: For a character in Career Mode, the starting money can't be changed via the "Edit Expense" button. Probably does not come up often, but I just had a situation where I wanted to correct the starting cash...and it would probably be useful for groups with houserules on starting money.

EDIT: Two more issues

1.) When the filter field for spell names contains a string which yields results, then one letter is added which results in an unknown name, and then the last letter is deleted, an exception occurs
For example Click "Add Spell" and type in "feri", then hit backspace. Or "controll" and delete the last l.

I'll have both of these addressed in the next update. Unfortunately the editing of staring Karma/Nuyen will only apply to characters that move to Career Mode after this update is available; it won't affect current save files since the starting Expenses don't have undo information attached to them.
Scarecrow
What about knowledge skills disappearing when you save the character? Will this also be addressed?
Nebular
QUOTE (CeeJay @ Jul 12 2012, 04:15 AM) *
- All the camera upgrade firearm modifications should cost one mod slot (AR p. 147.). Right now they cost zero mod slots.
- When I select one of the new Shiawase Arms Tactical firearms in the "Select Weapon" window the text listing all the built-in modifications and accessories is so long that it continues "under" the source information. Looks like the layout of the "Included Accessories and Modifications" field was designed to have max 4 entries. But now there are firearms that come with up to 6 or 7 built-in features...

-CJ

I've updated the Weapons file to correct the Camera slots issue. The other one will be fixed in the next update.
Nebular
QUOTE (Scarecrow @ Jul 18 2012, 06:18 PM) *
What about knowledge skills disappearing when you save the character? Will this also be addressed?

EDIT: Found the problem! This will be fixed in the next update.
Nebular
QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ Jul 8 2012, 03:45 PM) *
- I added Firing Selection Change (FA) to an Ares HVBR, but in Career Mode the "FIRE!" drop-down menu only allows me to select single shot and short burst. The long burst and full-auto are greyed out.

Also, despite being an HV weapon the full auto selection in that menu indicates 10 rounds would be expended, instead of the 12 it should show.

- Enhanced Protein Exchange: Adapsin does not seem to be reducing the Essence costs of implants added after it is applied.

Adapsin is working properly from what I can see. Adapsin ended up being a real pain in the butt to work with; quite some time back I broke it out into its own Grade for Cyberware. If you have Adapsin on your character, the Grade list in the Select Cyberware window will have a series of additional, special Grades, such as Standard (Adapsin), Alphaware (Adapsin), etc. which will handle the ESS adjustments for it. It was just getting to be a real headache and this was about the only way I could keep things playing together nicely.

I'll have the firing mode thing fixed in the next update.
Nebular
Build 399
  • added support for <complexformlimit /> to the Improvement Manager which affects the number of Complex Forms a character can know in Create Mode
  • added support for <spelllimit /> to the Improvement Manager which affects the number of Spells a character can know in Create Mode
  • fixed an issue where pressing the backspace key while in the search field within the Select Spell or Select Complex Form windows would throw an error if the list of items was empty and the search word should cause the list to be re-populated
  • starting Nuyen and starting Karma Expenses can now be modified (not retroactively applied to previous saves)
  • Vehicles can now be retrofitted as per the rules found on UCL 15 by attempting to delete the Obsolete Vehicle Mod
  • increased the height of the Select Weapon window so that the list of included Weapon Accessories/Mods is no longer concealed when there are more than 4 items
  • fixed an issue where deleting a Knowledge Skill could cause the other Knowledge Skills below it to also be deleted from the character
  • Weapons now use their modified Firing Mode which includes Weapon Mods instead of their base Firing Mode to determine which firing options are available in the FIRE! button menu
  • fixed an issue where the Bonding cost for Stacked Foci would not be calculated correctly if one of the Foci contained parenthesis in its name
New Strings
  • String_ExpenseVehicleRetrofit
  • String_Retrofit
All4BigGuns
Did you just do it for the vehicles that say they have 'Obsolete'? I ask because those are in the minority in the supplement, most list the word 'Obsolescent' listed, and deleting that one didn't charge the 25%. One would assume the retrofit would apply to both.
RelentlessImp
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jul 18 2012, 06:32 PM) *
This unfortunately isn't as simple as I'd like it to be. My initial idea was to just add a Vehicle Mod for it, but that is both counter-intuitive and, perhaps more importantly, simply doesn't work. smile.gif I'm going to build this into the behaviour of the delete button when Obsolete is selected. I should have this in the next update.

EDIT: Have this working now. When you delete the Obsolete Mod, you're asked to select a percentage as per UCL 15. The Obsolete Mod is replaced by a Retrofit Mod (to show that the Vehicle has been retrofitted) and given a price equal to the cost of Retrofitting the Vehicle (this allows it to work properly in Create Mode as well).

Awesome. Been looking forward to playing around with this.
Scarecrow
I'm sure this has been said before, but I want to thank you guys for providing Chummer to the community. And FOR FREE, no less. This is a wonderful application, and I'm shocked that it is free. The work you put into this thing is amazing, and I truly appreciate that you have put this out there.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
RelentlessImp
QUOTE (All4BigGuns @ Jul 18 2012, 08:26 PM) *
Did you just do it for the vehicles that say they have 'Obsolete'? I ask because those are in the minority in the supplement, most list the word 'Obsolescent' listed, and deleting that one didn't charge the 25%. One would assume the retrofit would apply to both.

Obsolescent is an entirely different trait, though, with less ramifications than Obsolete. Obsolescent is just one-two generations behind, whereas Obsolete are close to double digits. One would assume that the Retrofit wouldn't be required for obsolescent, since all it takes are some fairly cheap upgrades for sensors and control modules, frequently way below the 25% price increase that UCL 15 would have you pay.
Nebular
QUOTE (All4BigGuns @ Jul 18 2012, 08:26 PM) *

RelentlessImp pretty much covered it. Used Car Lot only describes retrofitting as applying to the Obsolete Mod and makes no reference to modernising something that has Obsolescent.
All4BigGuns
I guess I consider that to be too literal an interpretation for my tastes. Might I at least suggest a selection in your 'house rule' section of the program for it?
Chance359
I have a small issue, it keeps trying to use logic + hacking instead of program + hacking, I've tried the house rules window, what did i do wrong?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012