Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chummer Character Generator
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
SpellBinder
QUOTE (All4BigGuns @ Jan 27 2013, 11:53 PM) *
Damn...something I don't know how to do. Figures...

Ctrl + Prt Sc is the shorthand on some keyboards. Others will actually have "Print Screen" fully written out on a particular key. Now if you're on a laptop, it's almost a dead certainty that you'll have a Fn or Function key (as far as I know, typically right next to the left Control key), which must also be pressed.

After that, just open up an image editor program (MS Paint that is part of all Windows OS version works fine), paste, and save as a JPG file somewhere you'll be able to find it.
cndblank
Has any one worked on an improved GM summary sheet?

I'm working on one, but don't want to reinvent the wheel.
All4BigGuns
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Jan 28 2013, 03:27 AM) *
Ctrl + Prt Sc is the shorthand on some keyboards. Others will actually have "Print Screen" fully written out on a particular key. Now if you're on a laptop, it's almost a dead certainty that you'll have a Fn or Function key (as far as I know, typically right next to the left Control key), which must also be pressed.

After that, just open up an image editor program (MS Paint that is part of all Windows OS version works fine), paste, and save as a JPG file somewhere you'll be able to find it.

Never mind then. Can't do it. I don't have a website or any such to host pictures of that sort (and I won't put something like that in my Facebook), and I've had nothing but trouble trying to put images of any sort on a forum without a website link.
SpellBinder
There was also the e-mail option...
IridiosDZ
Ok, I don't know what I am missing. Nothing I do can make any of the "Way of the Samurai" qualities show up in the qualities list. I have met the various requirements but they do not show up. The book is selected in options. Even 'Panzer' which requires Bod 5 and 2 pieces of cyber. And of course being below 3 essence.

Are all of the qualities glitched? Do you need to be in Career mode? What am I missing?
SpellBinder
After enabling the book in the Options tab, did you close and restart Chummer?
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (IridiosDZ @ Jan 28 2013, 08:56 PM) *
Ok, I don't know what I am missing. Nothing I do can make any of the "Way of the Samurai" qualities show up in the qualities list. I have met the various requirements but they do not show up. The book is selected in options. Even 'Panzer' which requires Bod 5 and 2 pieces of cyber. And of course being below 3 essence.

Are all of the qualities glitched? Do you need to be in Career mode? What am I missing?

I just checked the data file for qualities and "Way of the Samurai" is not in it.
CeeJay
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Jan 29 2013, 03:42 AM) *
I just checked the data file for qualities and "Way of the Samurai" is not in it.

No, the new qualities are definitely in my qualities.xml. I'm using build 441. There are actually two entries for Ronin: "Ronin (Bioware)" and "Ronin (Cyberware)". You should also see them in chummer when you deselect the "Show only qualities I can take" box in the "Add Quality" window. It just looks like there's a either a bug in the requirements check for Ronin quality or Neubular hasn't finished said check yet.

-CJ
SpellBinder
I've checked the XML file itself, and there is an odd requirement listed with the Ronin ones that none of the other qualities have (Way Of The Samurai, or otherwise): "<streetcredvsnotoriety />".

I made an override file for the Ronin qualities without that one particular line in the requirements, and once the character was below Essence 3 they appeared (per the other requirements, of course). Mind you, I don't have this particular book, so I don't know the true requirements beyond what's in Chummer's XML files.
IridiosDZ
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Jan 28 2013, 09:39 PM) *
After enabling the book in the Options tab, did you close and restart Chummer?

Yes I did, multiple times.

QUOTE (CeeJay @ Jan 29 2013, 03:56 AM) *
No, the new qualities are definitely in my qualities.xml. I'm using build 441. There are actually two entries for Ronin: "Ronin (Bioware)" and "Ronin (Cyberware)". You should also see them in chummer when you deselect the "Show only qualities I can take" box in the "Add Quality" window. It just looks like there's a either a bug in the requirements check for Ronin quality or Neubular hasn't finished said check yet.

-CJ

The qualities don't even show when I deselect "Show only qualities I can take". Also, the new cyber from Way of theSamurai isn't showing up either. It has something to do with a setting not displaying items from Way even though I have the book selected.
SpellBinder
I'm presuming you have only one rules set, too. Things get a little muddled when you have more, I've found. Only other things I can think of are either testing with a new character sheet with the "Ignore Character Creation Rules" checked, and/or checking the qualities and/or cyber XML files directly to ensure they have the items listed.

In checking the cyberware and/or qualities XML files, you can open them with Notepad or any kind of word processor program (they're basic text files, nothing special; just choose "All" for file types when you go to open one) and do a search for the names of the qualities or cyber that's not otherwise showing up for you in Chummer. Just make sure not to save any changes.

Beyond that, I'm sorry, but I'm out of ideas. If the book is enabled, and you've restarted Chummer, based on everything else you've done I think they should be showing up. Aside from the Ronin qualities that needed a tweak, I've been able to make any of the WS qualities show up without the "Show Only Qualities I Can Take" being disabled.
Umidori
Quick note, I'm messing around with Surge and metagentic qualities and I noticed that the Fangs quality seemingly has the wrong damage code for its natural weapon.

It seems to be treating it as (STR/2) +1P, when according to every reference I've found to metagenetic Fangs, they are ruled as having (STR/2) -1P. Am I missing something, or might this be a legitimate error? My assumption is that it's supplying the damage code for a Vampire's fangs, which are a separate and unique Natural Weapon: Bite.

Edit: Although it does seem weird to me how much variation there is between the different "Fangs". Vampires have (STR/2) +1P, Cyberware Fang Implants have (STR/2)P, and Metagenetic Fangs have (STR/2) -1P. At least with claws, the cyberware and metagenetic varieties are identical in damage (even if one gives bonuses to climbing and the other gives bonuses to digging for some reason?)

~Umi
IridiosDZ
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Jan 29 2013, 04:30 PM) *
I'm presuming you have only one rules set, too. Things get a little muddled when you have more, I've found. Only other things I can think of are either testing with a new character sheet with the "Ignore Character Creation Rules" checked, and/or checking the qualities and/or cyber XML files directly to ensure they have the items listed.

Got it. I do use multiple rule sets (or rather I did at one point) and when I'd start a character I'd choose the set I'm using. When I opened the options screen to check that the book was selected, the options screen defaulted to the 'Default Settings' as opposed to 'MySettings'. I had assumed (silly me) that if I changed the options while a character was opened with a certain set of rules that the options screen would show those rules.
SpellBinder
IridiosDZ: Glad we found it, a second set of rules Chummer had.

Umidori: Not so much regarding the Fangs. Between SR4a, RC, and RW, there's a bit of variation, and even some inconsistencies, for fang attacks. I've seen from -1 to +2 across the various critters and such for Fang attacks. Chummer, however, has only one Fangs entry and it does calculate at STR/2+1.

Added: Found a minor typo in the spells after getting Land Of Promise and trying to add its spell to a character. The spell Body Glove has the source tag as LoP, but the book has the tag LOP. Found that this is case sensitive, and the spell didn't show up as normal until I changed its source tag.
Nebular
QUOTE (Mantis @ Jan 21 2013, 07:29 AM) *
The cost of the Skillsoft Clusters needs to be updated to match the reprint of Unwired. Should be as follows:
DocWagon Paramedic 44,800¥
Knight Errant Self-Defence 48,000¥
Manadyne Archmage 28,800¥
Mitsuhama Home Mechanic 48,000¥
Whiskey Noir 46,400¥

There is a typo in the Spy Toys section. The item is Universal Mirror Hodd. It should be Universal Mirror Hood.
Next issue is the number of mods that can be jammed into earbuds/headphones/etc is incorrect. At the moment it seems to work like Glasses or Contacts where the rating of the mod is irrelevant. However, the reprinted SR4A pg 333 says that each rating point of a mod takes 1 capacity. So rating 3 earbuds can hold at most 3 rating points of mods (say rating 2 hearing enhancement and rating 1 select sound filter for example.)
Is there any chance Chummer will see a Mac port? I keep getting players in my game with Macs and they just don't seem to want to trade them in for something useful like a PC nyahnyah.gif
Lastly, is there any chance you will add vehicles and gear from other adventures? Notably things like the Ford-Ares Expedition from SRM-05 Smuggler's Blues. No urgency on this one as I'd rather see bug fixes over new gear. smile.gif

I'll have the Cluster costs corrected in the next update which should be this evening, along with the Universal Mirror Hood.

Adventure-specific stuff isn't something I plan on putting into the data files (also I currently don't have any of the season 4 missions). I have done something like this for the season 3 missions, but they're all custom data that can be found using Omae (in the Data category).

The Audio/Visual Enhancement plugins thing was the source of a lot of debate last year. The Runner's Toolkit Compiled Tables booklet came out after the reprint of SR4A which to me means that its information is more up-to-date. The Compiled Tables booklet shows the items as being [Rating] instead of [1]. I've added an override file that you can download through Omae if you want to use the SR4A numbers instead. To find it, open Omae, select the Data category, and click Search. There's an item there called "Audio and Visual Enhancements - Capacity of [1]". Restart Chummer once you download it and any new items should have that modified value.

There are no plans for a Mac port largely because I simply don't have the time. Yatokya has managed to get it working on his Mac using Wine though. His thread (here) might give you a better explanation.
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Jan 21 2013, 08:53 AM) *
Binoculars, both electronic and optical are supposed to have built in visual magnification.

and

Could vehicles have the active commlink checkbox added to them? You could jack in or use AR to use it as your commlink. Gotta have a car phone man...

I'll have Binoculars fixed up in the next update and add the Vehicle Commlink bit to the list o' stuff.
Nebular
QUOTE (Oracle @ Jan 22 2013, 11:06 AM) *
Great work so far! My whole group is using Chummer. love.gif

There seems to be a problem with the comparison of "notoriety" and "street cred" for the "Ronin" positive quality from "The Way of the Samurai".

My newly created character has no positive or negative qualities influencing notoriety. Street cred and notoriety show as 0 in the print preview. Both, Willpower and Intuiton are at 4. So that part of the prerequisites is fulfilled. Essence is at 2.95 from implants only. Lowering essence any further has no impact. Still, both versions of the quality do not show up in the list of allowed qualities. I haven't been able to create conditions for that specific quality to work in several cases. I tried it with a "created" character with more street cred. It did not work either.

All the other qualities from that book work just fine. So the comparison of WIL and INT does not seem to be the problem.

Yeah, I have no idea how I missed this. Right now it requires your Street Cred to be greater than Notoriety instead of greater than or equal to. I'll have this fixed in this evening's update.
Nebular
QUOTE (shanan42 @ Jan 23 2013, 12:29 AM) *
Could you please add Monofilament chainsaw into the exotic melee weapon drop down. It can be used as a weapon but I can only add it as gear. SR4 335

I'll update the Weapons file to include the Monofilament Chainsaw, and the Gear file so that the Weapon version is added when the Gear one is purchased. I'll see if I can get the Exotic Skills to populate their Specializations list based on the Weapons file for this evening's update (hopefully it's quick and easy to add in so it makes the cut wink.gif).
Nebular
QUOTE (Shortstraw @ Jan 23 2013, 06:39 AM) *
The clutch of dragons has some stuff that could be added, True drake quality on p137, and a couple of vehicles on p144 (vehicles are unbuyable so they are not particularly useful but the quality is).

In the next update. I had the Vehicles created as a custom data file that I never released for some reason, but since they're part of a sourcebook instead of an adventure, I'll roll them into the core files.
Nebular
QUOTE (Avalon2099 @ Jan 27 2013, 06:47 AM) *
Any idea on how I can when using Chummer for it to use the Cyber arms statistics rather than the base Agility? Chummer wont recognize one handed Firearms being used in the right arms statistic but uses the base Agility of the character/average over all limbs instead.

Anyone know of a way around this or how to make it recognize that I am shooting with the right arm and not my natural arm?

I've added this to my list of stuff to look at. Not entirely sure how to handle this just yet, but I'll look at it when I get a chance.
Nebular
QUOTE (wilcoxon @ Jan 27 2013, 11:18 AM) *
I've been using one of the spreadsheet character generators and it works pretty well (except that I keep finding bugs and fixing them and forgetting to track what I changed). I recently started looking at Chummer. In the process of moving my character from the spreadsheet over to Chummer, I've found one problem so far - Chummer does not allow breaking skill groups during character creation. Could this be added as a house rule (at least I think it's one of the GM's house rules) please?

This is in my to-do list. Unfortunately this is something that's actually a lot more difficult to manage than it sounds. It won't be in tonight's update but hopefully I'll have it figured out for the next one. smile.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (cndblank @ Jan 27 2013, 08:33 PM) *
Great work.

I'd like to request to a second print button on the main menu.
One that you could set a default print character sheet to use with your options menu.

As a GM, I usually want to see the character in the Game Master Summary sheet format and having a dedicated button on the main menu would speed that up.
I'm sure it would be helpful to any one to have one print button to give you a choice of how to print it and another to go straight to what you usually use.

Course having the GM summary as a tab on the main menu would also be nice (having absolutely no idea how hard that would be to implement).
It would make a convenient place to view the weapons and armor of the character.

Thank you so much for creating this!

I like the idea of a default character sheet. I'll try to work this into tonight's update. I'm not too sure how useful a second print button would be though: if you have a default character sheet you want to use (such as the GM Summary), clicking the print button would open the window using that sheet. If you want to see a different one, you can just use the dropdown list to select a different sheet. It sounds to me like that's what you're looking for but perhaps I didn't quite understand something? smile.gif

Unfortunately I don't think a GM summary tab will be something I'd add in since the app doesn't distinguish between if you're a player or GM, and there's a lot of duplication of data and doubles the maintenance of a lot of pieces in the code.
Nebular
QUOTE (All4BigGuns @ Jan 28 2013, 01:19 AM) *
Just noticed it, but currently when pulling up the 'Options' window, the "OK" button is half obscured by the bottom of the window, and it's not possible to scroll down to fully reveal it.

I'm pretty sure this is a simple fix. It's once again due to font sizes and how things are laid out, so not everyone sees it like that. smile.gif Most of the windows should now automatically reposition buttons so they're not being cut off but it seems that I missed adding that functionality to the Options window.
Nebular
QUOTE (Umidori @ Jan 29 2013, 06:47 PM) *
Quick note, I'm messing around with Surge and metagentic qualities and I noticed that the Fangs quality seemingly has the wrong damage code for its natural weapon.

It seems to be treating it as (STR/2) +1P, when according to every reference I've found to metagenetic Fangs, they are ruled as having (STR/2) -1P. Am I missing something, or might this be a legitimate error? My assumption is that it's supplying the damage code for a Vampire's fangs, which are a separate and unique Natural Weapon: Bite.

Edit: Although it does seem weird to me how much variation there is between the different "Fangs". Vampires have (STR/2) +1P, Cyberware Fang Implants have (STR/2)P, and Metagenetic Fangs have (STR/2) -1P. At least with claws, the cyberware and metagenetic varieties are identical in damage (even if one gives bonuses to climbing and the other gives bonuses to digging for some reason?)

~Umi

Definitely an error on my part. I'll have this fixed in tonight's update.
Nebular
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Jan 30 2013, 01:41 AM) *
Added: Found a minor typo in the spells after getting Land Of Promise and trying to add its spell to a character. The spell Body Glove has the source tag as LoP, but the book has the tag LOP. Found that this is case sensitive, and the spell didn't show up as normal until I changed its source tag.

I'll have that fixed in tonight's update.
Kiirnodel
I was helping a friend double check his character a few nights ago. He was reading off the list of things he got from his notes, while I input them into Chummer. While we were doing this, I noticed 2 things.

First. There isn't a way to really add weapon modifications to Cyberweapons. I might be overlooking things, or I might even be wrong in the idea that you can. For this particular example, we were trying to add the Plasteel Components 3 to his Cyberspurs. The idea being that he has cyberspurs that are nearly impossible to detect. I couldn't add this modification in the Cyberware tab (understandable, that isn't a cyberware modification). But when I added it to the automatically generated weapon in the Weapons slot, it generated the cost as 0. The weapon was added for free to the tab, but it should still associate the price for the purposes of modifications. If I'm wrong about the ability to modify cyberweapons, please let me know so I can fix his character.

Second. When we were adding cyberware (specifically adding the vision enhancements to his cybereyes), I think the change that was made to allow modifications of Cyberware to be infinitely recursive caused the "Add & More" button to continue down the chain rather than add down the list. This meant that when I hit the Add & More button the Vision Magnification was a modification to the Vision Enhancement which was a modification to the Low-Light Vision which was a modification to the Smartlink, so forth and so on. After I noticed what had happened (which had caused the capacity to calculate incorrectly), I had to go back and delete everything and add each enhancement individually (clicking Add, then restarting the add modification dialog).

I think that's everything that came up. Thanks always for a great character generator!
SpellBinder
Interesting. I tested with a character to add Ceramic Components Rating 3 to an Arm Blade, and though the modification window said 0 nuyen.gif it actually generated the appropriate cost of 21,000 nuyen.gif once I hit the [Okay] button. If it didn't work for you, there's always the workaround of manually creating the nuyen expense.

Added: Just came across something that might be helpful to awakened characters with implants. Would it be possible to add a "Swap Cyberware" and "Swap Bioware" to the menu options like there is for Qualities? Came across an issue where upgrading a Dermal Sheath implant from rating 2 to rating 3 would have caused an adept to unnecessarily lose a point of Magic. I know there's a workaround to refund the karma and up the Magic again, but I suspect a larger issue could arise for those who are at their limit with bonded foci.
DocReid
Hey Nebular!

Again, great program. I've been using to run my very first Shadowrun Campaign and it has been immensely beneficial. I did notice one error though and I don't know if it's been address yet or not. I am trying to make a character using The Way of The Adept qualities. I noticed that as I'm trying to create an adept with the Totem's way quality, I am unable to choose one of the specific powers that are associated with a different Way as stated in the book. P.14 states that "Adepts with this Quality may choose one other Way’s list of favored powers as appropriate to their Mentor Spirit, and purchase those powers at a 25 percent discount..." When I try and do this I get the message "You do not meet the requirements for this Power. You must meet all of the following criteria: The (blank) Way." If this could be fixed, it would be really helpful. Of course there's always the likelihood that I'm misinterpreting the rules somehow? But I assumed that this is why the Totem's Way cost more than the other Ways do?

Thanks for your dedication to this program and for making it free!
SpellBinder
QUOTE (CeeJay @ Jan 29 2013, 01:56 AM) *

-CJ

Okay, I figured out the deal with the Ronin quality. It will only show up in Career Mode for a character, and only if you toggle the Street Cred value in the Character Info tab so it is at least a point higher than Notoriety. The karma modifier to Street Cred is not taken into account, nor are qualities that can start you off with a negative Notoriety during creation (tried with a character that had First Impression). This is a problem because the quality says that you have to have a Street Cred equal to or greater than your Notoriety, not just greater.
wilcoxon
QUOTE (DocReid @ Jan 30 2013, 07:35 PM) *
Hey Nebular!

Again, great program. I've been using to run my very first Shadowrun Campaign and it has been immensely beneficial. I did notice one error though and I don't know if it's been address yet or not. I am trying to make a character using The Way of The Adept qualities. I noticed that as I'm trying to create an adept with the Totem's way quality, I am unable to choose one of the specific powers that are associated with a different Way as stated in the book. P.14 states that "Adepts with this Quality may choose one other Way’s list of favored powers as appropriate to their Mentor Spirit, and purchase those powers at a 25 percent discount..." When I try and do this I get the message "You do not meet the requirements for this Power. You must meet all of the following criteria: The (blank) Way." If this could be fixed, it would be really helpful. Of course there's always the likelihood that I'm misinterpreting the rules somehow? But I assumed that this is why the Totem's Way cost more than the other Ways do?

Are you trying to choose the Way-specific power (Creative Eye, Keen Wits, Natural Survivor, etc) from the other Way? Per your quote (and I just double-checked the PDF), I don't think you can choose those powers as part of Totem's Way (you can just choose to discount powers associated with a different way).

Also, I noticed in Chummer that Totem's Way is 10BP but in the PDF it is 15BP. Oversight or intentional deviation?
Nebular
QUOTE (Kiirnodel @ Jan 30 2013, 11:39 AM) *
I was helping a friend double check his character a few nights ago. He was reading off the list of things he got from his notes, while I input them into Chummer. While we were doing this, I noticed 2 things.

First. There isn't a way to really add weapon modifications to Cyberweapons. I might be overlooking things, or I might even be wrong in the idea that you can. For this particular example, we were trying to add the Plasteel Components 3 to his Cyberspurs. The idea being that he has cyberspurs that are nearly impossible to detect. I couldn't add this modification in the Cyberware tab (understandable, that isn't a cyberware modification). But when I added it to the automatically generated weapon in the Weapons slot, it generated the cost as 0. The weapon was added for free to the tab, but it should still associate the price for the purposes of modifications. If I'm wrong about the ability to modify cyberweapons, please let me know so I can fix his character.

Second. When we were adding cyberware (specifically adding the vision enhancements to his cybereyes), I think the change that was made to allow modifications of Cyberware to be infinitely recursive caused the "Add & More" button to continue down the chain rather than add down the list. This meant that when I hit the Add & More button the Vision Magnification was a modification to the Vision Enhancement which was a modification to the Low-Light Vision which was a modification to the Smartlink, so forth and so on. After I noticed what had happened (which had caused the capacity to calculate incorrectly), I had to go back and delete everything and add each enhancement individually (clicking Add, then restarting the add modification dialog).

I think that's everything that came up. Thanks always for a great character generator!

For the Cyberweapons, you can add Weapon Mods and Accessories to them on the Weapons tab. The logic behind it being that all of the Cyberweapon's stats are on that tab (along with the actual Weapon object that the app cares about), so they're added there to keep everything consistent (and me from pulling my hair out wink.gif).

There was an issue with the last build (439) where this was happening. It has been fixed in the current build (441). I've also checked it with the one I'm just finishing off and it appears to be working correctly again, so it might just be a quick matter of updating the copy of the app. smile.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (DocReid @ Jan 30 2013, 06:35 PM) *
Hey Nebular!

I apparently overlooked this. I'll have the updated Powers file included in tonight's update which should open them up to anyone with the Totem's Way Quality.
Nebular
QUOTE (wilcoxon @ Jan 30 2013, 07:35 PM) *
Also, I noticed in Chummer that Totem's Way is 10BP but in the PDF it is 15BP. Oversight or intentional deviation?

Mistake on my part. Everything else was 10 BP and I probably just copy/pasted the BP amount from the others. Fixed in the next update.
Nebular
QUOTE (Makki @ Jan 20 2013, 04:13 AM) *
anybody else having trouble with the "Special Attributes do not count towards 50% Karma limit during character creation" House rule?
It seems to nto work for some reason.

I can't seem to actually reproduce this bug. When I turn on the option on and restart the app, EDG, MAG, and RES can all be advanced beyond the 50% Karma limit. I've tried it with all 3 languages to make sure it wasn't some sort of string dependency. Are you building your character with BP or Karma? The house rule only applies to characters being build with Karma; it does not apply to those being built with BP.
Nebular
Build 445
  • Qualities that require Street Cred to be equal to or greater than Notoriety now meet the requirements when Street Cred and Notoriety are the same value (previously had to be greater which was wrong)
  • Monofilament Chainsaw now adds a Weapon to the character when selected
  • fixed an issue where Weapons that did not belong to an Exotic Category but used an Exotic Active Skill would only calculate their Dice Pools correctly if the character had a non-Specialized Exotic Active Skill
  • added True Drake Qualities from The Clutch of Dragons
  • the break Skill Group confirmation window now correctly shows the name of the Skill Group the Active Skill is a member of instead of the name of the Active Skill
  • swapping a Latent Quality for its fully-realised version now allows the character to start with MAG/RES of 1 and has the same effect as turning on the "Essence loss only reduces MAG/RES maximum" house rule
  • Convert to Cyberzombie now marks the character as having unsaved changes
  • Reduce Attribute now marks the character as having unsaved changes
  • fixed an issue where a Metavariant could be selected before selecting a Metatype which causes an error to be thrown
  • added a link to the current Dumpshock Thread to the Help menu
  • corrected the DV for the Fangs Weapon created by the Positive Quality
  • corrected the sourcebook for the Body Glove Spell
  • changed how the OK button positions itself in the Settings window in an attempt to keep its text being cutoff by the bottom of the window
  • Exotic Active Skills now populate their Specialization lists with the names of Weapons that make use of the Active Skill
  • added an option to select the default character sheet that will be used when opening the print view for a character
New Strings
  • String_Break
  • Label_Options_DefaultCharacterSheet
SpellBinder
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jan 30 2013, 07:19 PM) *
I can't seem to actually reproduce this bug. When I turn on the option on and restart the app, EDG, MAG, and RES can all be advanced beyond the 50% Karma limit. I've tried it with all 3 languages to make sure it wasn't some sort of string dependency. Are you building your character with BP or Karma? The house rule only applies to characters being build with Karma; it does not apply to those being built with BP.
I've found I can still reproduce this.

I made a human character and increased all 8 attributes 4 for a total of 360 of the allowed 375 karma, added Adept, and increased Magic to 6. As soon as I click down on any of the 8 attributes (doing this as I was typing up this post, I chose Willpower) I get an alert saying I can only spend 375 karma on attributes and Willpower gets kicked down to 1. Now Chummer says that 315 karma has been spent on Primary attributes, 100 karma spent on Special attributes, and I cannot increase Willpower from a 1 because Chummer believes I have spent 415 of the allowed 375 karma. I can freely adjust Magic up and down all the while.
Shortstraw
True drake has 8 max magic due to 8 essence.
SpellBinder
QUOTE (Shortstraw @ Jan 30 2013, 09:09 PM) *
True drake has 8 max magic due to 8 essence.
I think there's still a debate ongoing about that in the Shadowrun folder. However, for starters, SR4a, page 177, first paragraph directly states that Magic can be raised to a maximum of 6, with the following sentence covering the benefits of Initiation. The following paragraph does not say anything about the maximum Magic being equal to Essence, but only states that for every point of Essence lost is a point of Magic lost & a reduction of the maximum Magic. I won't elaborate the details of the math we're already all familiar with.

Now the entry for true drakes in Clutch Of Dragons, page 137, doesn't say anything about their maximum being Magic 8, but only that they have Essence 8 and can raise their Edge to 8. Now if you've got any hard evidence that says that your starting maximum Magic is equal to whatever your Essence is, or that true drakes do get a maximum Magic of 8, by all means please post the reference.

On the flip side, one can always write or get an override XML file that makes this change for the true drake if it's absolutely that important, or once in career mode add an attribute improvement to increase the maximum Magic by two.
Makki
The "Special Attributes do not count towards 50% Karma limit during character creation" House rule seems to not work for properly.
Shortstraw
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Jan 31 2013, 04:15 PM) *
I think there's still a debate ongoing about that in the Shadowrun folder. However, for starters, SR4a, page 177, first paragraph directly states that Magic can be raised to a maximum of 6, with the following sentence covering the benefits of Initiation. The following paragraph does not say anything about the maximum Magic being equal to Essence, but only states that for every point of Essence lost is a point of Magic lost & a reduction of the maximum Magic. I won't elaborate the details of the math we're already all familiar with.

Now the entry for true drakes in Clutch Of Dragons, page 137, doesn't say anything about their maximum being Magic 8, but only that they have Essence 8 and can raise their Edge to 8. Now if you've got any hard evidence that says that your starting maximum Magic is equal to whatever your Essence is, or that true drakes do get a maximum Magic of 8, by all means please post the reference.

On the flip side, one can always write or get an override XML file that makes this change for the true drake if it's absolutely that important, or once in career mode add an attribute improvement to increase the maximum Magic by two.

The problem is when the core rule book was released there were no playable options with more than 6 essence and when they were released later (the infected) max magic was set to essence. In the core book the only things with more that 6 essence were spirits and dragons and they have magic = essence. While you are correct that the rules do not state that a PC's max magic is equal to their essence the intent seems clear but you are right customizing my chummer is easier.
SpellBinder
Regarding the infected, do note that the transformation does reduce your Essence by one in all cases, and therefore reduces your current and maximum Magic accordingly.

Unfortunately this is now a RAW vs. RAI discussion, as I see it. However, I've already written and tested an override file that makes the True Drake's Magic maximum an 8, download here, and I'll leave it available for whomever wants it.
Nebular
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Jan 30 2013, 09:51 PM) *
I've found I can still reproduce this.

I made a human character and increased all 8 attributes 4 for a total of 360 of the allowed 375 karma, added Adept, and increased Magic to 6. As soon as I click down on any of the 8 attributes (doing this as I was typing up this post, I chose Willpower) I get an alert saying I can only spend 375 karma on attributes and Willpower gets kicked down to 1. Now Chummer says that 315 karma has been spent on Primary attributes, 100 karma spent on Special attributes, and I cannot increase Willpower from a 1 because Chummer believes I have spent 415 of the allowed 375 karma. I can freely adjust Magic up and down all the while.

Ah, OK, I was only testing the special Attribute itself and not the other ones after any of the special Attributes were raised! I'll look into this and have it fixed in the next update.
Nebular
For anyone who's interested, Yatokya has posted a thread on Geting Chummer to work on OSX (and possibly Linux)! biggrin.gif
cndblank
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jan 30 2013, 09:22 AM) *
I like the idea of a default character sheet. I'll try to work this into tonight's update. I'm not too sure how useful a second print button would be though: if you have a default character sheet you want to use (such as the GM Summary), clicking the print button would open the window using that sheet. If you want to see a different one, you can just use the dropdown list to select a different sheet. It sounds to me like that's what you're looking for but perhaps I didn't quite understand something? smile.gif

Unfortunately I don't think a GM summary tab will be something I'd add in since the app doesn't distinguish between if you're a player or GM, and there's a lot of duplication of data and doubles the maintenance of a lot of pieces in the code.

I think you got my meaning.
Being about to set a default character sheet to print from/review the character would be great.
Looking forward to it.

Having a main menu tab with an over all view of the character would really help since you could just scroll up and down to check various sections.
As it is now, you have to press the tiny print icon, which pops the sheet up in front of the chummer program and then select the type of sheet you want to use.
Add in moving and resizing it and updating it if you change some thing in Chummer and you save a lot of clicks.
Maybe the text format character sheet?

If not possible, I might suggest moving the weapons and armor tabs from Street Gear to the main menu.
Makes it one click to view/change them instead of two.

cndblank
QUOTE (cndblank @ Jan 28 2013, 11:33 AM) *
Has any one worked on an improved GM summary sheet?

I'm working on one, but don't want to reinvent the wheel.

The aim here is a nice tight GM summary that a GM can use to run NPCs in his game.
Did a cut and paste and lost the nice formatting on Weapon, Combat Skill, armor, but you can see what I'm shooting for.

SR4A Weapons Specialist (Elf) Movement:10/25, Swim: 6
B A R S C I L W E ESS INIT IP M INIT A IPM IP CM
3 4 (3) 4 (3) 3 4 3 3 3 3 6 7 (6) 1 3 2 10/10

Weapon Pool DMG AP Mode RC
Ares Predator IV 9 5P -1 SA 0
Quick-Draw Holster, Smartgun System
Aztechnology Striker 5 Missile - SS 0
Combat Axe 7 6P -1 0
Grenade: Fragmentation 5 12P(f) (-1/m) +5 0
Katana 7 5P -1 0
Katana 7 5P -1 0
Medium Crossbow 5 5P - SS 0
Shuriken 5 2P - 0
Stun Baton 7 6S(e) -half 0
Survival Knife 7 3P -1 0
Throwing Knife 5 3P - 0
Unarmed Attack 7 2S - 0
Walter MA-2100 9 7P -3 SA 0
Shock Pad, Stock, Smartgun System
Yamaha Sakura Fubuki 9 4P - SA/BF 1
Concealable Holster, Smartgun System, Internal, Stock

Note: Goes to the right of Weapons
Combat Skill Rtg
Archery 5
Automatics 7
Blades 7
Clubs 7
Dodge 5
Heavy Weapons 5
Longarms 7
Pistols 7
Throwing Weapons 5
Unarmed Combat 7

Note: Goes the the right of Combat Skills
Armor (8/6) B I
Armor Jacket 8 6
DR Total: 11/9(6)

Damage Resistance Total: 11/9(6)

Gear: Ammo: Bolt x20, Ammo: Explosive Rounds x150, Ammo: Regular Ammo x80, Ammo: Regular Ammo x40, Contact Lenses [Image Link; Smartlink] , Fake SIN, Grenade: Fragmentation x10, Novatech Airware [Analyze 2; Browse 2; Command 1; Edit 2; Renraku Ichi; Sim Module (Cold)] , Throwing: Shuriken x10, Throwing: Throwing Knife x10, Tool Facility, Tool Kit

Active Skills: Archery 5, Armorer 8, Automatics 7, Blades 7, Clubs 7, Demolitions 6, Dodge 5, Heavy Weapons 5, Longarms 7, Negotiation 6, Pistols 7, Throwing Weapons 5, Unarmed Combat 7
Knowledge Skills: Arabic N, Blade Design 6, Chemistry 5, Engineering 7, English 6, Firearms Design 7, Gun Trivia 5
Qualities: Addiction (Mild) (Stimulants), Allergy (Common, Mild) (Seawater), Guts, Low-Light Vision, Lucky
Nuyen: 0

Changes:
OK, uses the Alias/Archtype instead of Unnamed Character if no name if provided ("SR4A Weapons Specialist (Elf)"). Puts the Alias after the name if there is one (So "Keen - Elf Street Samurai Vet (Elf)").

Shows the Damage Resistance Totals. Body plus Ballistic, Impact, and half Impact. Right now have it both under the armor section and under the weapon's table.
Figure as a GM, you want to be able to find it right away.

Moved Skills and Qualities to the bottom.
Makes Stats, Weapons, DR total, Cyberware and Gear easier to find (as well as Spells and Powers).

Will post to Omae once I'm done fine tuning.

Any suggestions?
cndblank
Quick questions, is there a system in Chummer to apply special ammo modifiers (APDS, EX,...) to the weapons on the character sheets?

Found it.

You have to move the character to created before you can load the weapons with ammo.

Only then will the ammo mods show up on the weapons stats.
Kevin Baird
Hi. I reported some bugs at http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=38432

It looks like the etiquette is to add a reply to this topic instead. Correct?

Thanks.
shanan42
QUOTE (Nebular @ Jan 30 2013, 08:30 PM) *
Build 445
  • Qualities that require Street Cred to be equal to or greater than Notoriety now meet the requirements when Street Cred and Notoriety are the same value (previously had to be greater which was wrong)
  • Monofilament Chainsaw now adds a Weapon to the character when selected
  • fixed an issue where Weapons that did not belong to an Exotic Category but used an Exotic Active Skill would only calculate their Dice Pools correctly if the character had a non-Specialized Exotic Active Skill
  • added True Drake Qualities from The Clutch of Dragons
  • the break Skill Group confirmation window now correctly shows the name of the Skill Group the Active Skill is a member of instead of the name of the Active Skill
  • swapping a Latent Quality for its fully-realised version now allows the character to start with MAG/RES of 1 and has the same effect as turning on the "Essence loss only reduces MAG/RES maximum" house rule
  • Convert to Cyberzombie now marks the character as having unsaved changes
  • Reduce Attribute now marks the character as having unsaved changes
  • fixed an issue where a Metavariant could be selected before selecting a Metatype which causes an error to be thrown
  • added a link to the current Dumpshock Thread to the Help menu
  • corrected the DV for the Fangs Weapon created by the Positive Quality
  • corrected the sourcebook for the Body Glove Spell
  • changed how the OK button positions itself in the Settings window in an attempt to keep its text being cutoff by the bottom of the window
  • Exotic Active Skills now populate their Specialization lists with the names of Weapons that make use of the Active Skill
  • added an option to select the default character sheet that will be used when opening the print view for a character
New Strings
  • String_Break
  • Label_Options_DefaultCharacterSheet

Thanks SOOOO much!
PS just tried to add the chainsaw as a weapon and cant how do you go about doing it. Thanks
Nvmind got it to work!
Kiirnodel
Noticed an issue when adding the Weapon Focus modification to a weapon on the weapons tab. When I added the modification it popped up an error box, I did this a day or so ago and couldn't save the character while the modification was on (but I could delete it and it worked just fine). If you have trouble duplicating the bug, I can open it up again and try it again to copy the error details.

This could have been because the Weapon Focus needs to be added in a certain way, I was adding the Modification to better label the Focus (which was in the Street Gear section as well)...
Yatokya
Hi, just ran into another bug in Chummer in Wine, a similar error to the lifestyle error appears if you try to add any cyberware or bioware. The error message is almost the same as the lifestyle bug error message so hopefully it will be fairly easy to fix smile.gif I can still add cyberware and bioware and attribute bonus and such are still applied but it seems unable to calculate the cost and subtract it from my total nuyen amount.

The error:
[ Spoiler ]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012