Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chummer Character Generator
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
Sid Nitzerglobin
QUOTE (X-Kalibur @ Sep 7 2012, 12:13 AM) *
It should do this already. I know it works for blades at least, I had a +1DV advantage for blades and it gave me the extra DV on all bladed weapons in the list.

Hmmm. OK, doesn't look like this is occurring for one of my current characters. He is using custom martial arts (Iaido and Kendo) to get the DV bonus to blades, but the advantages are standard.

I'll check it out w/ Ars Cybertechnica providing the advantage.
X-Kalibur
QUOTE (Sid Nitzerglobin @ Sep 7 2012, 06:44 AM) *
Hmmm. OK, doesn't look like this is occurring for one of my current characters. He is using custom martial arts (Iaido and Kendo) to get the DV bonus to blades, but the advantages are standard.

I'll check it out w/ Ars Cybertechnica providing the advantage.

I had it show the bonus from 2 sources - Arnis and Sangre
valavaern
QUOTE (KnightAries @ Sep 6 2012, 08:07 AM) *
critterpowers.xml IIRC.

You'd THINK that, but nope, the actual powers free spirits can take (and their costs) are listed in the metavariants.xml :x

On that note, I'd like to make a BIG new request for a back-end overhaul: Nebular, could you re-work things so that the Free Spirit critter powers are listed in the critterpowers.xml the same way that adept powers are listed in powers.xml? I was hoping to make some custom changes to let Spirits take a could of different adept powers, but the way spirit powers are set up right now is just... strange. The Aura Masking power doesn't even seem to be in the critterpowers.xml at all, even though Free Spirits (and lots of critters in the critter file) reference it. :x
Tashiro
Going to add True Drakes to the list of Qualities? I'm just kind of curious. Hmm... or would they be in the critter section?
Nebular
QUOTE (Nebular @ Sep 7 2012, 07:18 AM) *
I've just noticed a rather hideous issue with updating the language files that is the result of the recent change I made to download compressed versions of data files; it doesn't use compression with the language files which I thought would be OK (turns out I was wrong). I'll have a fix for this available this evening. If you update the application manually, everything will be OK. If you're using automatic updates, chances are the app will get stuck in an infinite loop trying to update the French language files that it will never successfully update. If you're encountering this issue, you can download the files manually using the links below. Once they're downloaded, place both files in your Chummer\lang directory and you should be back to normal.

http://www.chummergen.com/dev/chummer/lang/fr.xml
http://www.chummergen.com/dev/chummer/lang/fr_data.xml

Build 409
  • fixed an issue where the Update window attempted to download translation files in a compressed format

The additional Spell from the new book Land of Plenty has also been added.
SpellBinder
Got a new error when trying to do the update. I think most of it actually got through with some repeated attempts.
CODE
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.InvalidDataException: The magic number in GZip header is not correct. Make sure you are passing in a GZip stream.
at System.IO.Compression.GZipDecoder.ReadHeader(InputBuffer input)
at System.IO.Compression.Inflater.Decode()
at System.IO.Compression.Inflater.Inflate(Byte[] bytes, Int32 offset, Int32 length)
at System.IO.Compression.DeflateStream.Read(Byte[] array, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at System.IO.Compression.GZipStream.Read(Byte[] array, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at Chummer.OmaeHelper.Decompress(Byte[] gzip)
at Chummer.frmUpdate.wc_DownloadFileCompleted(Object sender, AsyncCompletedEventArgs e)
at System.Net.WebClient.OnDownloadFileCompleted(AsyncCompletedEventArgs e)
at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFileOperationCompleted(Object arg)
KnightAries
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Sep 7 2012, 05:46 PM) *
Got a new error when trying to do the update. I think most of it actually got through with some repeated attempts.
CODE

System.IO.InvalidDataException: The magic number in GZip header is not correct. Make sure you are passing in a GZip stream.
at System.IO.Compression.Inflater.Inflate(Byte[] bytes, Int32 offset, Int32 length)
at System.IO.Compression.DeflateStream.Read(Byte[] array, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at System.IO.Compression.GZipStream.Read(Byte[] array, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at Chummer.frmUpdate.wc_DownloadFileCompleted(Object sender, AsyncCompletedEventArgs e)

Try pulling his zip file straight from the website and unpack it. This should give you a fresh copy.
IridiosDZ
Is there a way to make Chummer display pre-installed cyber accessories in a custom file? Like the cyber eyes show an Image Link by default?
And has the processor load of commlinks been fixed yet?
SpellBinder
QUOTE (KnightAries @ Sep 7 2012, 08:21 PM) *
Try pulling his zip file straight from the website and unpack it. This should give you a fresh copy.

Yeah, done. But the workaround of redownloading from the source zip file for any further updates makes having an update feature within the program pointless.
Sid Nitzerglobin
Quick question: Is there an option for breaking a skill group at creation in Chummer? I can't seem to find it under Options\Optional Rules or House Rules.
SpellBinder
Not that I can recall, but there are times that I'd like to have such an option during character creation.
Sid Nitzerglobin
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Sep 8 2012, 08:09 PM) *
Not that I can recall, but there are times that I'd like to have such an option during character creation.

K, Thanks!
SpellBinder
Just had a thought for a functionality request. In SR4a, page 65, there's a section on "Rushing The Job", where a character can cut the time interval for a skill test in half, but then 1's and 2's count towards a glitch. Just wondering if a checkbox can be added to include this.
KnightAries
QUOTE (Sid Nitzerglobin @ Sep 8 2012, 02:11 PM) *
Quick question: Is there an option for breaking a skill group at creation in Chummer? I can't seem to find it under Options\Optional Rules or House Rules.

There's not an option for it nor needed. If you have a skill group reduce it to 0 then raise the individual skills.
If you want to see the individual skills; put 1 point in the skill group, sort your view to see skills > 0 , reduce the skill group to 0. You can now put points in the individual skills where they are easy to see.
Sid Nitzerglobin
QUOTE (KnightAries @ Sep 9 2012, 03:43 AM) *
There's not an option for it nor needed. If you have a skill group reduce it to 0 then raise the individual skills.
If you want to see the individual skills; put 1 point in the skill group, sort your view to see skills > 0 , reduce the skill group to 0. You can now put points in the individual skills where they are easy to see.

The scenario I was in was wanting to buy the skill group to 3, then break the group by either raising one of the skills in the group to 4 or adding a specialization to it while maintaining the other skills in the group at 3.

This is mentioned as legal in SR4A subject to GM approval. There's a check box to allow regrouping after having previously broken a group on the Tools\Options\Optional Rules tab but none for allow the breakage during creation.
Scarecrow
QUOTE (Sid Nitzerglobin @ Sep 9 2012, 04:45 AM) *
The scenario I was in was wanting to buy the skill group to 3, then break the group by either raising one of the skills in the group to 4 or adding a specialization to it while maintaining the other skills in the group at 3.

This is mentioned as legal in SR4A subject to GM approval. There's a check box to allow regrouping after having previously broken a group on the Tools\Options\Optional Rules tab but none for allow the breakage during creation.

It's legal to do, but I don't think it's legal at character creation. I don't have my books within arms reach at the moment, but I believe that, at character creation, you can't do this.
ChatNoir
Quick feature request :
We have the possibility to filter skills with different possibilities. Would it be possible to add one that only shows skills with a rating of 0 ?

I'd like that to be sure I didn't forgot a useful skill.
Irian
I see that all complex form cost 2 karma to learn and have to be increased then for more karma. This seems wrong for everything emulated, as it is stated there, that you thread it first and then simply pay it's rating in karma (+1 per option) to learn it. So, when emulating TacSoft, the costs should be 1 per rating and not 2 for getting it, 2 for increasing it to rating 2, etc. Same thing for SimRig, imho.
Irian
Additionally, I've got a strange problem: When trying to load a character on my XP Netbook, which works perfectly fine on my Windows 7 desktop machine, I get an error. I already downloaded the latest chummer .zip file and reinstalled it, but that doesn't seem to help. Installing the latest .NET Updates also doesn't seem to change anything.

CODE

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Chummer.frmCareer.cboStream_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListControl.set_SelectedValue(Object value)
   at Chummer.frmCareer.frmCareer_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.269 (RTMGDR.030319-2600)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Chummer
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.409
    Win32 Version: 0.0.0.409
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Programme/Chummer/Chummer.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.278 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.282 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.269 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
TonkaTuff
Maybe I'm just not seeing how to do it, but a feature request: the ability to put notes on the vehicle sensor location or the ability to indicate an added sensor in the tree is free if the player and GM have hashed-out what, exactly, came standard in a given vehicle's specific sensor package.
lorechaser
QUOTE (Scarecrow @ Sep 9 2012, 07:34 AM) *
It's legal to do, but I don't think it's legal at character creation. I don't have my books within arms reach at the moment, but I believe that, at character creation, you can't do this.

It could, perhaps, go under house rules? My campaign is doing that too.

Apart from that, I love Chummer! Just starting using it, and it's great.

Scarecrow
Potential bug found:

When calculating Matrix Initiative, you use INT + Commlink Response, which is all fine and dandy. Unless you do what I do when creating hackers, and have multiple commlinks with upgraded Response. In the case of my current character, I've got an INT of 4 and 2 commlinks, both with a Response of 4.

Furthermore, both Commlinks have Hot Sim added to them, and per SR4A page 236:

If you’re running with hot sim, your Matrix Initiative equals your commlink’s Response + your Intuition + 1.

However, the Matrix Initiative is not adding the 1 for Hot Sim being added to the commlink. This character's Matrix Initiative, total, should be 9 (INT 4 + Commlink Response 4 + Hot Sim 1), but is coming across currently as 12.
KnightAries
Optional Rule: Break up skill groups during character creation.

SR20A Pg 68

This is the rule being employed by lorechaser and Sid Nitzerglobin; in line with their request.
KnightAries
QUOTE (TonkaTuff @ Sep 9 2012, 05:33 PM) *
Maybe I'm just not seeing how to do it, but a feature request: the ability to put notes on the vehicle sensor location or the ability to indicate an added sensor in the tree is free if the player and GM have hashed-out what, exactly, came standard in a given vehicle's specific sensor package.

Right click the sensor and select notes
Sid Nitzerglobin
QUOTE (Scarecrow @ Sep 9 2012, 08:34 AM) *

I think I was applying my own set of circumstances for this particular game in my interpretation of the text and the way I worded my post (I was about 4 Bells Two Hearteds into the night/morning at the time as well biggrin.gif ):

SR4A p.84
To acquire a skill group for your character, you must pay 10 BP
per level of expertise you wish to acquire. (Since skill groups contain
three or four skills together, this is actually cheaper than purchasing
each skill individually.) Starting characters may raise purchased skill
groups to a maximum rating of 4. Skill groups may not be broken up
into individual skills for further improvement and specializations may
not be taken for skill group skills at character creation—although, as
always, individual gamemasters are free to allow this option.

This GM allows it. Would be nice to have a way to enable it in Chummer but no biggy. Haven't really looked into the possibility or effort level to create my own house rule. I'm probably not going to need it any time soon unless one of my characters get whacked.
lorechaser
QUOTE (KnightAries @ Sep 9 2012, 08:56 PM) *

SR20A Pg 68

This is the rule being employed by lorechaser and Sid Nitzerglobin; in line with their request.

You are the freakin' man!
Query
There is an issue with Technocritters in Chummer. Their stats should be based off of the stats for their base critter (as they are physical creatures with technomancer abilities). In addition, their Response & System are treated as if they are AIs, but they should be treated as Technomancers, with their System, Response, Firewall & Signal being based on their Mental Attributes, rather than being treated as 'force creatures'.

I created an override file updating their stats to reflect those of the base critter, but it doesn't fix the Response & System problems.
Nebular
QUOTE (IridiosDZ @ Sep 7 2012, 09:01 PM) *
Is there a way to make Chummer display pre-installed cyber accessories in a custom file? Like the cyber eyes show an Image Link by default?
And has the processor load of commlinks been fixed yet?

For the pre-installed components, you can look at the current cyberware.xml file for an example. Specifically the Image Link and Ear Recording Unit entries. If an item has a <capacity> of [*], it will automatically be added to any item that belongs to the same <category> (such as Eyeware) and has a <capacity> that does not contain square brackets, such as <capacity>1</capacity>. So for the Image Link, because it has <category>Eyeware</category> and <capacity>[*]</capacity>, it will automatically be added to any Cyberware that belongs to the Eyeware category and grants capacity, such as the Cybereyes Basic System.

As far as the processor bit with Commlinks, I was aware of an issue. What seems to be wrong with it?
Nebular
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Sep 7 2012, 07:46 PM) *
CODE

There are occasionally times where a compressed file might not have been downloaded properly which would cause this to happen. I'll fix the update mechanism to treat a corrupted zip file as a failed download and retry the file.
Nebular
QUOTE (Irian @ Sep 9 2012, 12:17 PM) *
Additionally, I've got a strange problem: When trying to load a character on my XP Netbook, which works perfectly fine on my Windows 7 desktop machine, I get an error. I already downloaded the latest chummer .zip file and reinstalled it, but that doesn't seem to help. Installing the latest .NET Updates also doesn't seem to change anything.

It looks like the Technomancer Stream that you have selected may come from a custom data file that is present on your Windows 7 machine that is missing from your XP machine. If you have any custom data files, copy them over to your XP machine, then try opening it again. If that's the issue, that should solve the it.
Nebular
QUOTE (KnightAries @ Sep 9 2012, 07:58 PM) *
Right click the sensor and select notes

If only that worked. I thought it did as well. Apparently that's not the case right now. wink.gif This seems to be happening with all Gear attached directly to a Vehicle.
Nebular
QUOTE (Hellfire @ Sep 6 2012, 06:55 AM) *
Found a small bug:
The Urban Explorer Jumpsuit comes equipped with a biomonitor (and a music player smile.gif ) SR4A p. 326/327

I've updated the Armor file so that the Urban Explorer Jumpsuit includes its Biomonitor. There's no actual item for the music player in Gear and no information given for it, so that one can't be added. I think that one's more of a flavour piece. smile.gif
KnightAries
QUOTE (Nebular @ Sep 10 2012, 05:50 PM) *
If only that worked. I thought it did as well. Apparently that's not the case right now. wink.gif This seems to be happening with all Gear attached directly to a Vehicle.

DOH!!!
KnightAries
QUOTE (Nebular @ Sep 10 2012, 06:05 PM) *
I've updated the Armor file so that the Urban Explorer Jumpsuit includes its Biomonitor. There's no actual item for the music player in Gear and no information given for it, so that one can't be added. I think that one's more of a flavour piece. smile.gif

Couldn't you use your custom placeholder under odds & ends?

biggrin.gif
NBSamael
Hi,

I have two bugs to report, concerning the translation of Chummer:
The Strings "Menu_EditCopy", "Menu_EditPaste", "Menu_SpecialCreateBiowareSuite" and "Menu_SpecialAddBiowareSuite" are present but the corresponding menus are not translated into other languages.
Scarecrow
Feature Request
Currently, the tool tips for the dice pools for skills give very generic information, such as Skill Rating (3) + REA (7) + Dice Pool Modifiers (3). Is there any chance that instead of this we could actually get a breakdown of what the Dice Pool Modifiers are? A lot of GMs for PBP games (myself included) want to see the entire string for dice rolls, and this would be really helpful instead of having to constantly hunt down what modifiers are included for what skills.
Irian
QUOTE (Nebular @ Sep 11 2012, 02:45 AM) *
It looks like the Technomancer Stream that you have selected may come from a custom data file that is present on your Windows 7 machine that is missing from your XP machine. If you have any custom data files, copy them over to your XP machine, then try opening it again. If that's the issue, that should solve the it.

Thanks for the tip. The solution was much simpler: Somehow chummer forget my settings, so all the source books I own were not longer enabled in the settings, including Unwired.
Qurahn
Hello. I don't know if this was ever brought up.

I found something that is missing in Chummer Character Generator.

Military Helmet

found in AR 51
"Military Helmet: Each helmet incorporates a wireless
military commlink (Firewall, Response, Signal, System, and
Encryption Rating 4), a camera, and fl are compensation, image
link, and smartlink enhancements. The helmet’s military commlink
can be upgraded to hardware ratings of 5 (+2,500¥) or 6
(+8,500¥). These helmets can also be upgraded with any of the
vision or audio enhancements or sensors detailed on pp. 58–60
or pp. 323–326, SR4."

What is missing is the military commlink. I can not find a militarty commlink in chummer at all.
Currently the helmet does have the camera, and flare compensation, image
link, and smartlink enhancements but no military commlink.

An idea.

Exchangeable Weapon Modification

found in AR 150
"Exchangeable Weapon Modification: Th is is a special
option that can be chosen for many of the modifications described
in this list (underbarrel weapons are the most likely
candidates, but with the gamemaster’s permission a character
may also choose other modifications to become exchangeable).
When designing a new modification, the player character has to
announce that this will be an exchangeable modification. Once
built, this special type of modification does not become a fixed
part of the weapon but rather a standalone object that can only
be attached to a weapon via a powered slide mount (p. 152). Th e
number of slots mentioned in the modification’s description becomes
the slot size of the exchangeable weapon modification."

Can we get a flag or modification option to put on the modification or weapon?

Thanks!

RedeemerofOgar
Nebular, Chummer is pretty awesome! However, I am encountering a minor error that I hope you have insight with. Chummer is kicking out an error when I try to save a character as completed (ie, check the box to move from BP creation to Karma playing), and then failing to save as such. I was on build 401, I tried updating to the current build. I still get the same error, but before I had to uncheck the box to close Chummer. Since updating, I can hit "continue" and close Chummer, but the character is not converted, and the box is unchecked when I reopen the character.

Thoughts? I've tried on both an XP and a Vista machine and get the same error.
Scarecrow
I am on the latest build, and I just moved a character to created/completed/career mode this morning, and it worked fine. Can you post the error that you are getting?
IridiosDZ
QUOTE (Nebular @ Sep 10 2012, 08:37 PM) *
As far as the processor bit with Commlinks, I was aware of an issue. What seems to be wrong with it?

Commlinks are running with a processor limit of System*3 but as far as I can tell, normal commlinks are supposed to be limited to System

SR4A P.222-223
At every multiple of the processor limit, a device’s Response is reduced by 1, to a minimum of 0. For example, if a commlink has a processor limit of 5, then its
Response is reduced by 1 for every 5 programs running on it. Peripheral devices and commlinks have a processor limit equal to their System rating. Nexi have larger processor limits (System x3).

The only thing countering that that I could find is from Unwired.

Unwired P.50
Nexi have a minimum processor limit of 10 and a maximum
of 50.

In Chummer, if I have a commlink with a system of 2 it takes 6 programs to reduce the response. Which is 3 x system.

RedeemerofOgar
QUOTE (Scarecrow @ Sep 12 2012, 03:22 PM) *
I am on the latest build, and I just moved a character to created/completed/career mode this morning, and it worked fine. Can you post the error that you are getting?

Sure thing, it is as follows:

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately. Input string was not in a correct format.

Details:

System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
at System.Convert.ToInt32(String value)
at Chummer.frmCreate.GetAvailInt(String strAvail)
at Chummer.frmCreate.ValidateCharacter()
at Chummer.frmCreate.ConfirmSaveCreatedCharacter()
at Chummer.frmCreate.SaveCharacter()
at Chummer.frmCreate.tsbSave_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.269 (RTMGDR.030319-2600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
Chummer
Assembly Version: 0.0.0.409
Win32 Version: 0.0.0.409
CodeBase: file:///C:/Stuff/Shadowrun/Old%20Characters/Chummer.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.278 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.282 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.269 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
bonehead
I noticed a few things:

Responsive Gear Interface (War 161) is only taking up one capacity instead of two in the armor. RIG is also supposed to take one capacity in the helmet. [edited to add] Should the RIG have the option for Hot Sim modification since it has a sim module?

I came across the following post in the ShadowRun forums:

http://forums.shadowrun4.com/index.php?top...51123#msg151123

I read over the sections he mentions, and it looks like all armor has a limit on rating points. Armor Suits additionally have a Capacity Rating to limit what they can hold.
Sengir
Out of technical curiosity: It appears that Chummer is now downloading the data in .zip files and decompresses them locally....why that effort instead of just serving the files with Content-Encoding: gzip?
RedeemerofOgar
Technical question: What setting do I need to adjust in order to break up a skill group during character creation (I want to purchase a skill group, then add a specialization to one of the skills, this is allowed in the campaign).
Scarecrow
QUOTE (RedeemerofOgar @ Sep 13 2012, 08:35 AM) *
Technical question: What setting do I need to adjust in order to break up a skill group during character creation (I want to purchase a skill group, then add a specialization to one of the skills, this is allowed in the campaign).

It's not currently an option at character generation with Chummer. I think (think, but I might be off on this) Nebular has this in his sights and is working on it.
lorechaser
QUOTE (KnightAries @ Sep 9 2012, 08:56 PM) *

SR20A Pg 68

RedeemerofOgar
QUOTE (Scarecrow @ Sep 13 2012, 10:44 AM) *
It's not currently an option at character generation with Chummer. I think (think, but I might be off on this) Nebular has this in his sights and is working on it.

Ah, I must have seen the request and thought it was already a feature. Thanks! I'll specialize somewhere else and manually adjust.
PresentPresence
Love the program, Nebular, many thanks! I did find something though - the Wild Technomancer quality (Unwired, pg. 38) is listed as giving a bonus of 5 BP, while it should be a bonus of 10. An easy fix, but it might be something nice to adjust. Also, I noticed that the maximum rating for Cyberlimb Customization is 10, when higher numbers can be reached. I might be missing a ruling on this, but it's also an easy fix for those willing to look in the xml.
SpellBinder
Got another gear fix. The Steyr AUG-CSL in the LMG format is set to not accept accessories despite all the other LMGs being able to. On top of that, it's supposed to come with a Stock and Laser Sight automatically (like the other three formats). See Arsenal, page 27 for the details.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012