Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chummer Character Generator
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Oct 20 2012, 10:58 PM) *
A vehicle can have up to twice it's Body in armor (or three times Body rating for drones), up to a maximum of 20 for regular armor. This is right in the Armor mod entry, on page 133.

The Horizon-Doble Revolution has a Body of 6.
So the min/man range is correct. That does not account for letting me set it higher than that through one path, then crashing.
Nebular
Build 420
  • fixed an issue where plugins would not be properly added to a Commlink when adding a PACKS Kit and selecting them would throw an error
  • when adding Armor to a Vehicle, the Vehicle now reduces the selected Rating to the maximum allowed value before accepting the Mod to avoid invalid configurations and throwing errors when the misconfigured Mod is selected
  • fixed an issue where Weapons that did not specify an ammo type after their number (such as 4 instead of 4(cy)) that received the Additional Clip Weapon Mod would believe it had more Ammo slots than it actually should
  • fixed an issue where Underbarrel Weapons that had more than one Ammo slot could not select anything beyond Ammo Slot 1
  • Spirits that Possess/Inhabit an Inanimate Vessel now receive the Immunity (Natural Weapons) Critter Power
  • Spirits Possessing/Inhabiting a Vessel now correctly add their MAG to the Vessel's Physical Attributes instead of adding the Spirit's own Physical Attributes
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Nebular @ Oct 23 2012, 07:22 PM) *
Build 420
Awesome!
Hellfire
Thanks for the latest update,
however adding PACKS gear kits with multilevel equipment (for example a comlink with a program package (Basic+ program suite)) still adds up the prices of the suite as well as each individual item in the suite, so instead of costing 400 NY for the basic+ program suite it costs 3100 NY (400 for the suite and 2700 for all programs in it).

This seems to be true for all "package items" that include items that can also be purchased seperately.

Also the bug with the Optimization program option in a PACKS kit is still there: when you add a PACKS kit which includes a program with the optimization program option Chummer interprets it as the COMLINK optimization option, costing 500 NY (without rating) instead of 100 NY per rating.

Many thanks if you could correct this too. smile.gif
phlapjack77
Feature request:

Just noticed in Arsenal that it says this for Manual Control Override:

"Note that all motorcycles come with manual controls."

So maybe all motorcycles could list the Manual Control Override, Manual Controls modification?
RedeemerofOgar
No solutions or suggestions on why I can't save to career mode, eh? *frown*

QUOTE (RedeemerofOgar @ Sep 12 2012, 11:19 PM) *
Sure thing, it is as follows:

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately. Input string was not in a correct format.

Details:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
at System.Convert.ToInt32(String value)
at Chummer.frmCreate.GetAvailInt(String strAvail)
at Chummer.frmCreate.ValidateCharacter()
at Chummer.frmCreate.ConfirmSaveCreatedCharacter()
at Chummer.frmCreate.SaveCharacter()
at Chummer.frmCreate.tsbSave_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.269 (RTMGDR.030319-2600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Chummer
Assembly Version: 0.0.0.409
Win32 Version: 0.0.0.409
CodeBase: file:///C:/Stuff/Shadowrun/Old%20Characters/Chummer.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.278 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.282 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.269 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Core
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
Qurahn
I have confirmed on different vehicles but my setup I am using is a M-173 (APC).

I have a GE Vindicator Minigun with an weapon modification Additional Clip.
Here I notice it allow me to load a 250 rounds now that I added that Additional Clip option.
I can use 50 round clip or a 250 belt? with it.
I can load a 250 belt twice just fine when I add the Additional Clip when it is a weapon under the street gear > weapons section.

I am trying to use the Ammo bin option to on the vehicle,
When I move the weapon to the weapon mount on the APC, a (Normal, External, Turrent, Remote), it only allows me to 50 clip only.
The reload screen flashes and does not display the reload screen while weapon is mounted.
I can see the reload screen on the street gear > weapons section.

I tried with a GE Vindicator Minigun without an weapon modification Additional Clip also. No Joy.
I even tried to remove the Additional Clip and even the Ammo bin, Nada.
I still see I can load a 250 rounds after removing the items under the street gear > weapons section.

I am out of ideas.

Plus, if it is possible, can we get a unload weapon ammo option too!
Parsimony
QUOTE (Nebular @ Oct 23 2012, 07:22 PM) *
Build 420

Thank you for another update. The following issues still appear to be present. I have edited them for clarity from the original posts, but the full details remain there to reference if needed.

QUOTE (Parsimony @ Oct 6 2012, 01:40 AM) *
- Optimized Cyberlimb options (Evo Kali, Louisville Slugger, etc) show "rating 4" in the selection window, but have no rating as they provide a static effect. It then displays as "rating 4" on the printout as well. These options have no rating, and there is no reason to have rating 4 on the printout as clutter either. If possible the rating selection, and the associated printout, should be removed for clarity.

- The Techonmancer Smartlink Complex Form is not being recognized as the "non gun half" of a Smartlink system. Using the cybereyes mod works, sunglasses work, contacts work, etc... but the Complex Form doesn't register as completing the system, resulting in the bonus dice not applying. For example, a Technomancer with the Pistols Skill, the Smartlink Complex Form, and an Ares Predator IV should get bonus dice but does not (but then does when he adds cybereyes or contacts etc).

- The "Armor", "Ranged Weapon", and "Melee Weapon" sections of the printout don't gray in the last cells in the lower right when displaying multi-line entries. Description of the issue is in the original post, I can also provide screen shots if desired.

QUOTE (Parsimony @ Oct 8 2012, 07:17 PM) *
- The Pistol Crossbow should be AP -, not AP -1

- Crossbow Ammo on the Light/Medium/Heavy Crossbows should be 4(m), not 1, per page 316 SR4. (This may apply to the pistol crossbow as well, but it is not explicitly stated as such one way or the other).

- There is no way to notate Cased ammo or Caseless Ammo. Perhaps adding a checkbox for Cased to the ammo entries would work, or having it ask which kind in a window similar to how it asks which category to use, or if neither of those works just adding more entries for caseless versions.

- Related, theres no way to specify Cased or Caseless Ammo Use for Firearms. Again, a checkbox would be great (and it could be locked on firearms which automatically require one type or the other).

- There is no Pistol Bolt (for the crossbow pistol) listed under ammo, only Regular Bolts. Its from Arsenal.

- The Injection Bolt should cost 30, not 50.

- The PJSS Rifle and Shotgun both only list SS as a firing type. However, they are SS/BF mechanically, the same as the Walther Palm Pistol. Why Catalyst chose to list them inconsistently in the books is beyond me, but I am confident it would be considered correct to adjust the PJSS entries to be SS/BF parallel to the Walther entry, as the rules are identical. If you opt not to, I understand, that is how they are presented in the books (certainly not the first inconsistency heh).

- Commlinks are stated to come with Earbuds on p327-328 SR4. However, there is no way to make an Earbuds accessory free when selecting one (thus allowing the commlink to have audio modifications etc). Perhaps a "free" checkbox should be added to the Earbuds to allow for this, or entries added to the Commlinks dropdown for "integral accessories" like "integral earbuds", "integral holoprojector", etc. There is a whole list of built-in features on those pages this could apply to, but Earbuds is by far the one which comes up most commonly. Note: I am referring to the character generation portion here, as there most certainly is a free button in career mode (but its hard to pay for the modifiers to something in creation mode when the base item is not yet there from career mode).

- Same issue with a Rating 1 Scan program. All wireless devices come with this for free by default, per p233 SR4 under Scan. It is useful to notate this one the character sheet so players are aware they can undertake actions which require it even if they miss the note on p233, and also so they don't forget to count it as a running program towards Response load. Again, a "free" checkbox, or "integral scan" listing in the programs would work. My favorite solution here is just a second Integral Scan program, stuck at rating 1 with Copy Protection and Registered, with a cost of 0... I am sure it is easier to add a single Gear listing than modify checkboxes in multiple places etc. Also, it would be easier to have one entry to add to anything wireless, than check to be sure no accidental free boxes were checked on other programs, at least in my opinion. Note: as above, referring to during creation.

- The Chemical Seal item has 10 uses, but displays as 1 item making it difficult to keep track of expenditures. I would suggest dividing the cost by 10, and adding the "Quantity" box (similar to something like ammo, or slap patches). Then, you can mark off uses as they are used, and let the "Qty" entry show the amount remaining, just like other things which are 'use and lose'.

I have been busy with another project, but I hope to have more information soon. Currently, I am looking at a few inconsistencies with critter powers (the fragile power and a few others, I am not sure its not user error yet, but it appears the condition monitors are not being changed properly), and I had also noticed the "innate vehicle signal 5" issue others had mentioned (from what I have found it should be 3, but I wanted to check a few other books first). Again, I'll have more specifics later, and appreciate all the updates. Thank you.
Machine Ghost
Technomancers can not use autosoft, but character build allows them

Context: build 420, Windows 7 64 bit

After creating a brand new character with build 420, adding the technomancer quailty, and going to the compex forms and sprites page. It is possible to add autosoft complex forms to the build, although the rules do not allow that.
QUOTE (Complex Forms SR4A239)
Agents, IC, and autosofts may not be learned or used by technomancers.
Hellfire
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Oct 25 2012, 09:42 AM) *

After creating a brand new character with build 420, adding the technomancer quailty, and going to the compex forms and sprites page. It is possible to add autosoft complex forms to the build, although the rules do not allow that.

Actually that is not quite correct. As per Unwired p. 145 with the Biowire Echo they may emulate Skillsofts as complex forms like they had a skillwire cyberware. And as you could get echos at character creation using the Karma generation system, this option should remain in Chummer.
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Hellfire @ Oct 25 2012, 07:17 AM) *
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Oct 25 2012, 01:42 AM) *

QUOTE (Complex Forms SR4A239)
Agents, IC, and autosofts may not be learned or used by technomancers.

Actually that is not quite correct. As per Unwired p. 145 with the Biowire Echo they may emulate Skillsofts as complex forms like they had a skillwire cyberware. And as you could get echos at character creation using the Karma generation system, this option should remain in Chummer.

Skillsoft not equal autosoft
from RAW, autosoft never allowed, though as you say skillsoft is.
RelentlessImp
The Bows section in Weapons only lists bows up to Strength 8, when SR4A20 list them as having a maximum Strength of 12.
Kiirnodel
QUOTE (RelentlessImp @ Oct 25 2012, 03:39 PM) *
The Bows section in Weapons only lists bows up to Strength 8, when SR4A20 list them as having a maximum Strength of 12.

Actually the max of 8 is correct. If you look at the SR4A changes doc you'll see it referenced on the top right of page 4. You can find the document here: SR4A changes

Off hand I don't know where to find it on the Shadowrun site, I googled for it. But it is hosted on the real shadowrun website...

I checked my actual SR4A books (pdf and physical) and I know where you have the confusion. My physical book says 8, but the pdf says 12. I've heard that one of the original pdf's that was sent out had a few changes made to it before they even printed the first run of the actual book. For instance the Object Resistance Table has the same problem.
Nebular
QUOTE (RedeemerofOgar @ Oct 24 2012, 09:36 PM) *

Sorry, I apparently missed this entirely. Could you email me the save file that is having this issue so I can see what's happening? (nebular@shaw.ca)
Nebular
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Oct 25 2012, 12:25 PM) *

Skillsoft not equal autosoft
from RAW, autosoft never allowed, though as you say skillsoft is.

Allowing a Technomancer to take an Autosoft was actually requested by someone quite a while back. As you mentioned though, this is not intended to be allowed by the rules, even with the Bioware Echo, so allowing Technomancers to select Autosofts should (and will) be turned into a House Rule.
Nebular
QUOTE (Kiirnodel @ Oct 25 2012, 03:26 PM) *
Actually the max of 8 is correct. If you look at the SR4A changes doc you'll see it referenced on the top right of page 4. You can find the document here: SR4A changes

Off hand I don't know where to find it on the Shadowrun site, I googled for it. But it is hosted on the real shadowrun website...

I checked my actual SR4A books (pdf and physical) and I know where you have the confusion. My physical book says 8, but the pdf says 12. I've heard that one of the original pdf's that was sent out had a few changes made to it before they even printed the first run of the actual book. For instance the Object Resistance Table has the same problem.

Yeah, this was a great source of confusion for a while. The printed SR4A book and the changes doc that's linked say they should be capped at STR 8. My pre-physical release copy of the book had them at max STR 12 as well. It appears though that they should be 8. If you want them to go up to 12, they can be easily added by creating a custom Weapons data file that just adds them in. smile.gif
Machine Ghost
Context: Build 420, Windows 7, 64bit

The Extreme Environment Mod for vehicles and drones should prompt for the associated environment. Or like the Special Armor Modifications, should have multiple entries for the different environments. Right now the generic mod is simply added, with no way to add a description.
QUOTE (Extreme Environment Modification (All) AR135)
This prepares a vehicle to work in extreme environments, where unprepared vehicles will cease to function after a while or wouldn’t work at all (see Hazardous Environments, p. 163). The modification can be taken more often than once, each time for another environment (desert, polar, etc.). This adaptation is usually combined with an appropriate special armor modification (see p. 144). Note that adaptation for space or deep sea environments requires the life support modification (p. 138).
The Horizon LeafMan (Medium) Drone is missing the standard upgrades
Holding Tanks (5 liters), Autosofts (Gardening 3, Pest Control 1), Special Machinery (lawnmower, clippers, sprayer)

I think this was mentioned before but: the Clearsight Autosoft 'description' should default to the vehicle/drone it is being added to.

Given the 'custom' autosofts for things like the LeafMan, a way of specifying a name for an autosoft would be good. Or just allow a rename, maybe with one additional 'generic' autosoft to use as a base. Adding a note 'works' but is not very visible.
RelentlessImp
QUOTE (Nebular @ Oct 25 2012, 05:46 PM) *
Yeah, this was a great source of confusion for a while. The printed SR4A book and the changes doc that's linked say they should be capped at STR 8. My pre-physical release copy of the book had them at max STR 12 as well. It appears though that they should be 8. If you want them to go up to 12, they can be easily added by creating a custom Weapons data file that just adds them in. smile.gif

Ah. Thanks. I was actually confused. I *did* look at the Changes Document, but since the actual book (well, pre-physical-release PDF) didn't have these changes I assumed it was an oversight and had been reverted for the actual book. Well, there goes my friend's attempt at a stealth troll...
Hellfire
Just noticed a slight miscalculation when the response is calculated/reduced due to programs running:
Programs with the ergonomic option should not be calculated when counting the number of programs running (at least number of programs with ergonomic option equal to response)

Furthermore I think the number of programs allowed to run WITHOUT reducing the response should be equal to response, otherwise as it currently is, you cannot even run a single program on a response/system 1 device without reducing it to response 0 and therefore to a crawl according to fluff.
IridiosDZ
QUOTE (Hellfire @ Oct 26 2012, 01:55 AM) *
Just noticed a slight miscalculation when the response is calculated/reduced due to programs running:
Programs with the ergonomic option should not be calculated when counting the number of programs running (at least number of programs with ergonomic option equal to response)

Furthermore I think the number of programs allowed to run WITHOUT reducing the response should be equal to response, otherwise as it currently is, you cannot even run a single program on a response/system 1 device without reducing it to response 0 and therefore to a crawl according to fluff.

By RAW Response is reduced by 1 for every multiple of System. So if you have System of 1, then running any program will reduce Response.
SpellBinder
Well, you get what you pay for when you run such a low end commlink.

As for the Response/System bit, if there's enough demand for it (and I'm not asking) then I'd suggest it be a houserule instead.
RedeemerofOgar
QUOTE (RedeemerofOgar @ Oct 24 2012, 10:36 PM) *

Fixed! Thanks for the awesome customer service, Nebular!

In case someone else experiences this, it was caused by (somehow) a blank item being created, or perhaps not fully deleted. I'm still unsure how it got there, but there was a little blank line entry under the Weapons tab. If your Chummer is kicking out "can't save" errors, check your gear list for a blank entry, and delete it.
SpellBinder
Came across this error when trying to create a rating 6 Assembler A.I. critter. It doesn't happen if I select 5 or lower for the A.I.'s rating.
CODE
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '7' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'.
Parameter name: Value
   at System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.set_Value(Decimal value)
   at Chummer.SkillGroupControl.set_GroupRating(Int32 value)
   at Chummer.frmCreate.frmCreate_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
I think I found some contributing factors in trying to make the A.I. rating 6 from a rating 5 start. The Electronics skill group cannot be set to 7, and the Homeground autosoft (which starts at rating 7 for a rating 5 assembler A.I.) throws an error whenever it's clicked on (which also cannot be set to the requisite rating 8 for the A.I.).
Kiirnodel
I noticed when I was teaching one of my players about Street Cred that Chummer doesn't round correctly for Karma divided by ten whose decimal is .1 through .4. It always rounds up, when it should be rounding to nearest integer.

QUOTE (SR4A pg. 265)
Street Cred is based on a chracter's total earned Karma (see Karma, p. 269), divided by 10 and rounded normally. A character who has earned 35 Karma in the course of a game will have a Street Cred of 4 (35 ÷ 10 = 3.5, rounded up to 4).

Underlining emphasis Mine.

Rounding normally usually refers to rounding to the nearest integer. The second sentence specifically states round up, which I could see as causing the confusion. But I think that sentence is there to clarify the .5 case; showing that in the case of equal distance between integers that we round up.
taeksosin
Fun bug reporting is fun! Made an adept with a good chunk of cyber, may have saved the original file with an adept power set at zero, I don't quite remember. On further thinking, I also changed the race via the special menu twice. Anyways, I closed the file, and when I attempt to re-open, I get the following error.

Running Win 7 64bit, build 420
************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '0' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'.
Parameter name: Value
at System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.set_Value(Decimal value)
at Chummer.PowerControl.set_PowerLevel(Int32 value)

Chummer file is located at https://dl.dropbox.com/u/88794/adepthacker.chum if you need it to run this down.
Nebular
Build 423
  • added a house rule to allow Technomancers to select Autosofts as Complex Forms
  • fixed an issue where an error would be thrown when attempting to load a character that (somehow) possessed an Adept Power at Rating 1 (now assumes it should be Rating 1)
  • fixed an issue where attempting to create a Critter that had a starting Skill Group Rating higher than 6 would throw an error
  • corrected the rounding method for calculating Street Cred
  • Programs with the Ergonomic Program Option no longer count towards the number of Programs running on the Commlink to affect its Response
New Strings
  • Checkbox_Option_TechnomancerAllowAutosoft
Kiirnodel
I got a biodrone as part of my reward for a mission and I tried to find a way to put it into the character sheet, but I couldn't find it.

I know the biodrone specific cyberware is listed in the appropriate section for the Cyberware/Bioware tab, but I couldn't find the example biodrones listed in the gear section nor the drones tab.

I also went ahead and tried to create the biodrone (a Parashield SkySpy) using the Pets tab of the Gear along with a Critter chummer file, but found that none of the birds can duplicate the stats of the Parashield SkySpy as it is written up in the Augmentation Book (pg 154).

Let me know if I'm missing something or if anybody has an idea of how to implement this...

Also, I noticed that an Advantage listing for a Mentor Spirit that is a variable is not displayed on the Spells and Spirits tab when the character is moved to Career Mode. By Variable Advantage, I am referring to Mentors like Cat or Sun, where the player gets to choose between +2 Gymnastics or +2 Infiltration (such as for Cat), or between +2 Combat Spells or +2 Health Spells and +2 fire spirits or +2 guardian spirits (for Sun). This happens even if the Mentor Spirit quality is added using Karma during Career Mode. These optional abilities still factor into the appropriate dice pools where appropriate even though they are not displaying on the Spells and Spirits tab. This glitch does not appear to affect mentor spirits without an advantage that must be selected, and for ones like Sun where both Advantages are variable it displays nothing in the area after "Advantage:"

That said, I was also wondering if it would be possible to factor in or display somewhere the bonuses for spirits and/or special effects (such as Bear's +2 for resisting Physical damage). This could possibly be displayed similar to a specialization, and it would be particularly useful if it would mesh with specializations (for instance if a person took the Eagle mentor spirit and also had a specialization in Conjuration [air spirit]).
Cabral
I was creating a character and tried to add Firewall 6 to a Novatech Navi. Chummer would not let me apply greater than a rating 5 Firewall.

A device’s hardware ratings may only be upgraded by +2 with regards to their original ratings. Further improvements have no additional effect on performance.

Page 222, SR4A. Emphasis added. The software ratings are not restricted.
SpellBinder
The drawbacks of having multiple copies of SR4a. The older one does not have the added "hardware" word in that entry, while the newer one obviously does. Sucks for those of us who pick and choose between the two for certain things.

And I honestly do not like the change in the Ergonomic program option. Makes me want to ask the writer if he meant "loaded" or "running" for that second part of the description. I see so much possible abuse, especially if a running program does not count as a loaded program (as you're still limited to your Processor/System in "loaded" ergonomic programs).
RelentlessImp
Quick question: Is there a reason the "Other Metagenetic Qualities" on page 110 of Runner's Companion don't show up as Metagenetic Qualities in Chummer?
SpellBinder
I had wondered that for a long time, so I wrote two qualities files to take care of it. They're available in my custom content download in my signature.
Valnar
Just tried creating a character with the "elongated limps" quality and noticed that you can't adjust the price for clothing and armor any more. Also, the price of the custom placeholder can't be modified either. Is there some new way to spend money on stuff that does not appear on the gear list, that I am unaware of? If not, this needs to be a feature again, imo.
Lorgoth
The Iris Antivirus software suite is being flagged as being over on capacity. This seems to be due to the viral resistance options being applied to the suite itself instead of the programs.

Love the generator. It has made GMng so much easier. Thanks!
RelentlessImp
QUOTE (Valnar @ Oct 30 2012, 01:31 PM) *
Just tried creating a character with the "elongated limps" quality and noticed that you can't adjust the price for clothing and armor any more. Also, the price of the custom placeholder can't be modified either. Is there some new way to spend money on stuff that does not appear on the gear list, that I am unaware of? If not, this needs to be a feature again, imo.

You don't adjust item prices during chargen - or at least, they suggest you don't. The markup option for gear is still available in career mode, though.

QUOTE (Shadowrun 4 20th Anniversary Edition @ pp310-311)
Size Customization
Trolls have incredibly large bodies and hands, while dwarfs have
rather small bodies and hands—consequently, both have trouble
using gear built for human dimensions. Thanks in part to corporate
initiatives like Evo’s MetaErgonomics division, there is a wide array of
mass-produced consumer goods specifically tailored for dwarf
and troll needs at no extra cost. When it comes to less-common gear,
however, dwarf and troll characters may need to pay extra in order to
acquire versions modified for their metatype. Modified gear typically
costs 110% of the standard price, though it may rise as high as 125%.
The gamemaster determines when such cases arise. (As a rule, we sug-
gest that metatype modification costs not be incurred for any gear
purchased during character creation.)

(Emphasis mine)
The Key of E
I had trouble last night trying to print character sheets. Chummer couldn't see any of my printers. It said something about the printer spool service wasn't running, but when I stopped and restarted that service it didn't help. I ended up having to save to HTML and print the HTML. When I tried to print a week ago (before the latest update) it worked fine.
Raven the Trickster
Chummer currently doesn't seem to like using ammo that is stored as plugins in spare clips when you use the reload functionality. Just updated to the most recent version to confirm the bug still exists. Here's the error code I'm receiving

[ Spoiler ]
RelentlessImp
Emotitoys, both Minidrone and Nonmobile, jack up all the Social Skill tests by their rating - intended.
What's not intended, however, is if you delete the emotitoy, the modifier to the social skill tests isn't removed. Then if you add it again, it stacks the emotitoy rating /again/ onto the social skills.
Qurahn
A good question.

"Should the TanDem drone have walker mode and a mechanical arm as the artwork implies?"

Most anthroform bodies have them.

SpellBinder
I think the TanDem drone's lack of an arm ought to be brought up in the Shadowrun folder. I know others have already expressed confusion about the listed standard mods vs. the artwork.

In the short term, an override file can be done that includes a full arm with everything else.
CeeJay
Hi Nebular,

I've recently experimented with cyberlimbs in chummer. Especially with a character that has imbalanced cyberlimb attribute ratings. How exactly does chummer calculate the attribute scores in such cases?
For instance I have an elf with natural Agi of 6 and Muscle Toner rating 1 and two full cyberarms with Agi 10 (customized to Agi 7 with enhanced Agi 3).
Chummer says the overall augmented Agi of this character is 7. How is that calculated?

What is usually done at tables I play at, is to average scores over all limbs and torso (or over all limbs, head and torso) and to round down. In the above example both methods would give an overall score of 8 not 7. (2x10 + 3x7 = 41 / 5 = 8,2 rounded down to 8 or 2x10 + 4x7 = 48 / 6 =8 )

Oh, and the rating of customized attribute enhancement of cyberlimbs is limited to the character's natural attribute maximum (SR4A p. 343 or AR p. 44). Right now chummer allows to buy it up to rating 20.

-CJ

Edit: Nevermind the firt part. I just recognized that I had actually switched an Agi customization rating with another one embarrassed.gif . So, now chummer also comes to an overall AGi of 8.
Hellfire
QUOTE (IridiosDZ @ Oct 26 2012, 10:58 AM) *
By RAW Response is reduced by 1 for every multiple of System. So if you have System of 1, then running any program will reduce Response.

actually: not correct, by the latest RAW (Unwired p.48, 3rd printing, which came after SR4A):
Processor Limit:  is is the number of programs the node
can run before it starts to experience Response degradation (see
Matrix Attributes, p. 221, SR4A). For standard nodes, the proces-
sor limit is equal to System rating

later same page:
Standard nodes are run by commlinks, terminals, home tele-
coms, and almost any object ...

emphasis is mine, however basically this confirms what I said: response is reduced when number of programs running > system rating. Which also makes sense for the low end hardware with system 1, you can run ONE program without response reduction
Mantis
Just noticed that you can't fire bursts (3 rounds) with the Stoner-Ares M202 MMG. It's only fire mode is FA but if you look at pg 154 of SR4A, weapons with FA can also fire bursts in addition to the long bursts and full bursts.

Weapons that can fire in full-auto mode throw bullets for as long as the
attacker keeps the trigger pulled. Characters can use a weapon in full auto
mode to fire bursts
, as noted above, each taking a Simple Action.
Full-auto weapons can also be used to fire long bursts with a Simple
Action or full bursts with a Complex Action.

Also, it seems that the markup percentage isn't getting applied when you add a piece of gear to sensors in the vehicle tab.
Aresius
Bug report: When adding multiple sensors of the same type (e.g. two cameras) to the sensor package of a drone, the capacity cost is only accounted once.
Paul Kauphart
Bug Report :

When taking the quality incompetent for a skill that has a group, and taking ranks in that skill group, if you save the character and reload it, the program throws an error.
Nebular
QUOTE (Raven the Trickster @ Nov 2 2012, 02:41 PM) *
Chummer currently doesn't seem to like using ammo that is stored as plugins in spare clips when you use the reload functionality. Just updated to the most recent version to confirm the bug still exists. Here's the error code I'm receiving

I can't seem to get this to happen with mine. Could you email me one of the affected save files (nebular@shaw.ca) so I can see what's happening?
Nebular
QUOTE (Aresius @ Nov 13 2012, 10:56 AM) *
Bug report: When adding multiple sensors of the same type (e.g. two cameras) to the sensor package of a drone, the capacity cost is only accounted once.

I can't seem to reproduce this issue. I pick a Drone with a Medium Drone Sensor (Capacity 6). Add one Camera of any Rating (since as a plugin its Rating doesn't affect the Capacity it consumes), the Sensor's Capacity drops to 5. Add a second one and its Capacity drops to 4 as it should. Do you have a save file that's being affected by this that you can email me? (nebular@shaw.ca)
Nebular
Build 425
  • Create Mode tooltips that refer to BP values now use the BP values set in the Options window
  • fixed an issue where increasing a Skill Group Rating would also increase the Rating of an associated Active Skill that was affected by the Incompetence Negative Quality
  • fixed an issue where loading a character that had Incompetence Negative Quality applied to an Active Skill that belonged to a Skill Group with a Rating would throw an error
  • fixed an issue where adding a new Knowledge Skill and attempting to give it a Specialization while in Career Mode without saving and reloading the character would throw an exception
  • Mentor Spirits now show their player-selected bonuses on the Spells and Spirits tab in Career Mode in the same way they do in Create Mode
  • added an option to toggle whether or not Ergonomic Programs count towards a Commlink's effective Response value (enabled by default)
  • Commlink Operating Systems now allow any System or Firewall instead of being limited to +2 which is a limitation that is only applied to Hardware properties
  • added support for <metagenetic /> to qualities.xml to easily mark additional Qualities that count was Metagenetic Qualities
  • deleting an Emotitoy from a character now removes the bonuses for its Empathy Software
  • Weapons with only FA Firing Mode can now fire Short Bursts as described on SR4 154
New Strings
  • Checkbox_Commlinks
  • Checkbox_ActiveCommlink
  • Tip_ActiveCommlink
Modified Strings
  • Tip_CommonContacts
  • Tip_CommonNuyen
  • Tip_SkillsSkillGroups
  • Tip_SkillsActiveSkills
  • Tip_SkillsKnowledgeSkills
  • Tip_SpellsSelectedSpells
  • Tip_SpellsSpirits
  • Tip_TechnomancerSprites
  • Tip_BuildFoci
  • Tip_TechnomancerComplexForms
  • Tip_BuildManeuvers
  • Checkbox_Options_ErgonomicProgramLimit
Aresius
QUOTE (Nebular @ Nov 15 2012, 02:17 AM) *
I can't seem to reproduce this issue. I pick a Drone with a Medium Drone Sensor (Capacity 6). Add one Camera of any Rating (since as a plugin its Rating doesn't affect the Capacity it consumes), the Sensor's Capacity drops to 5. Add a second one and its Capacity drops to 4 as it should. Do you have a save file that's being affected by this that you can email me? (nebular@shaw.ca)

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create new Character (Human with 400 BP)
2. Add drone Fly-Spy
3. Choose the Minidrone Sensor and "Add as Plugin"
4. Choose "Camera [Sensor Functions]" and Qty 2

Now you have "2 Camera" and "Slots: 3 (2 remaining)". Imho it should be 1 remaining.
SpellBinder
General update bug that's been around for the last few updates (pretty much after the zip files were undone), whenever there is a Chummer update it repeatedly redownloads itself rather than closing out and relaunching like it originally did. At least, this is something I keep getting now.

Added: Also found an issue in opening up a few older character files. Not all have issues, and it does not matter between creation or career mode for these files. Here's the error, if it's of any help (and a file copy of one in your e-mail shortly after I posted this update):
CODE
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Chummer.frmCreate.PopulateGearList()
Nebular
QUOTE (Aresius @ Nov 15 2012, 02:53 AM) *
Steps to reproduce:

1. Create new Character (Human with 400 BP)
2. Add drone Fly-Spy
3. Choose the Minidrone Sensor and "Add as Plugin"
4. Choose "Camera [Sensor Functions]" and Qty 2

Now you have "2 Camera" and "Slots: 3 (2 remaining)". Imho it should be 1 remaining.

Ah, I see, you're doing it based on Quantity, I was thinking you were adding two separate Camera items. That'll explain it. I'll have this fixed in the update I'll post in the next few minutes to fix this and the crash that SpellBinder is running into. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012