Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chummer Character Generator
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Apr 18 2012, 01:18 PM) *
There are a few catches with something like this as there's a ton of complexity behind this and how the objects work.
  • Paste would only be available in Create Mode. You could copy in Career Mode but cannot paste into a character that's in Career Mode.
  • You would only be able to copy items that are a top-level item. So you could copy a Commlink that's on its own (and all of its plugins), but you could not copy a Commlink that is a plugin for a Medkit for example.
  • Pasting would also be rather limited. You would only be able to paste back into the same tab (so Gear to Gear, Vehicle to Vehicle, but not Gear to Vehicle or Gear to Weapon, etc.) though it would work across different characters.
  • It wouldn't use the Windows clipboard since the data can't be used in other applications. This would also mean that you could have a Vehicle in the Chummer clipboard and some notes you want to copy both stored and be useful.
  • Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V wouldn't be allowed as shortcuts for Copy/Paste since it would prevent copying and pasting on the Character Info tab from working properly. nyahnyah.gif

Sound reasonable? I'm not making any promises - just pitching a concept. wink.gif

If I remember correctly the XML that the client stores includes purchase price? If it does would it be possible to have a Purchase from Clipboard? Take what's in the clipboard, put it in a temp area see what the total cost is, then make a purchase out of it.
The rest sounds good to me. Although being able to copy and past a Commlink, or move one, from one tab to another would be incredibly useful.
Hellfire
Hi Nebular,

thanks again for the great work and the latest update! smile.gif

just two small things I noticed when buying an assault rifle with one of my characters:
- I am not able to equip it with a bipod, even though it should be possible as it has an underbarrel slot. Bipod does not show as possible accessory. I have tried this with the Colt M22A3 and I don't know if it depends on the specific weapon or assault rifles as a general group. Even if this weapon has a grenade launcher it should be able to take an underbarrel accessory/modification as the standard accessories/mods do not count in regards to slots used as far as I read the rules in Arsenal (p.148). It is possible to add a foregrip as a modification, so it should also be possible to add a bipod...
- Airburst Link for Grenade Launcher: shouldn't you be able to add the airburst link accessory to any underbarrel grenade launcher link the one under the Colt M22A3. The only underbarrel grenade launcher that currently can take accessory is the XM30 grenade launcher.

best regards
Hellfire
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Hellfire @ Apr 19 2012, 10:26 AM) *
Hi Nebular,

just two small things I noticed when buying an assault rifle with one of my characters:
- I am not able to equip it with a bipod, even though it should be possible as it has an underbarrel slot. Bipod does not show as possible accessory. I have tried this with the Colt M22A3 and I don't know if it depends on the specific weapon or assault rifles as a general group. Even if this weapon has a grenade launcher it should be able to take an underbarrel accessory/modification as the standard accessories/mods do not count in regards to slots used as far as I read the rules in Arsenal (p.148). It is possible to add a foregrip as a modification, so it should also be possible to add a bipod...
- Airburst Link for Grenade Launcher: shouldn't you be able to add the airburst link accessory to any underbarrel grenade launcher link the one under the Colt M22A3. The only underbarrel grenade launcher that currently can take accessory is the XM30 grenade launcher.

best regards
Hellfire

I tried adding an airburst link to the m22a3's grenade launcher and got told it wasn't allowed. I had to add it to the base weapon. I really wish that the underbarrel grenade launchers were attached directly to their base weapon instead of having them show up separately. Could they not be added to weapons much like underbarrel weapons as part of the base weapon? I tried adding it as an underbarrel weapon, but it took up mod slots.
Nebular
QUOTE (Hellfire @ Apr 19 2012, 08:26 AM) *
Hi Nebular,

best regards
Hellfire

I've updated the Weapons data file to correct these. There were a handful of Weapons that were incorrectly missing slots for Accessories because I had incorrectly believed that the ones they came with ate up slots when they in fact do not. The Underbarrel Grenade Launchers now have the ability to mount Accessories as well. You'll just need to remove the Weapon(s) and re-add them for free.

QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Apr 19 2012, 09:31 AM) *
I tried adding an airburst link to the m22a3's grenade launcher and got told it wasn't allowed. I had to add it to the base weapon. I really wish that the underbarrel grenade launchers were attached directly to their base weapon instead of having them show up separately. Could they not be added to weapons much like underbarrel weapons as part of the base weapon? I tried adding it as an underbarrel weapon, but it took up mod slots.

In the next update, I'll have it so that Underbarrel Weapons that have a cost of 0 Nuyen will not consume Mod slots. This will mean that the Ares Alpha, for example, can properly attach its Underbarrel Genade Launcher and not lose any Mod slots from it.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Apr 19 2012, 12:49 PM) *
I've updated the Weapons data file to correct these. There were a handful of Weapons that were incorrectly missing slots for Accessories because I had incorrectly believed that the ones they came with ate up slots when they in fact do not. The Underbarrel Grenade Launchers now have the ability to mount Accessories as well. You'll just need to remove the Weapon(s) and re-add them for free.

In the next update, I'll have it so that Underbarrel Weapons that have a cost of 0 Nuyen will not consume Mod slots. This will mean that the Ares Alpha, for example, can properly attach its Underbarrel Genade Launcher and not lose any Mod slots from it.

Would it be possible to have them automatically part of the weapon? Have them show up linked to the weapon much as a mod or plugin would?
Maybe have it in the XML as a Underlbarrel Weapon Mod.

<mods>
<underbarrel>AK-98 Grenade Launcher</underbarrel>
</mods>

What might be even better would be to have it include all of the stats for the attached weapon. That way the one floating in the weapons list could be removed.
groduick
QUOTE (Nebular @ Apr 19 2012, 06:49 PM) *

I've got a problem with the Mitsuhama EE Suit (in Environmental Armors), the Chemical Seal adds +6, making it 16 where it should be 10
Nebular
QUOTE (groduick @ Apr 19 2012, 05:56 PM) *
I've got a problem with the Mitsuhama EE Suit (in Environmental Armors), the Chemical Seal adds +6, making it 16 where it should be 10

I'll have this fixed in the next update. Part of it is correcting the Avail for the Armor to 4 (since the Mod adds +6), and part is updating the Select Armor window to show the Armor's calculated Avail with all of its Mods to be correct.
Nebular
Build 371
  • added a tooltip to all Source fields in Select windows which show the full name of the sourcebook
  • Underbarrel Weapons that have a Cost of 0 Nuyen no longer consume Mod slots (so Weapons such as the Ares Alpha can now properly attach their Grenade Launcher as an Underbarrel Weapon without consuming Mod slots)
  • Weapons that come with an Underbarrel Weapon as part of their initial configuration now receive them automatically
  • Select Armor window now creates the Armor to determine its correct Avail with any Armor Mods it comes equipped with by default instead of relying only on the Armor's own Avail
  • added support for Copying and Pasting in Create Mode (see below)
  • the default Unarmed Attack is no longer exported when creating a PACKS Kit
Copying and Pasting
Copying and pasting is currently only available in Create Mode until everything is figured out. At the moment only Lifestyles, Armor, Weapons, Gear, and Vehicles can be copied. Lifestyles, Armor, Gear, and Vehicles can only be copied to their own tabs. Weapons can be copied to the Weapons and Vehicles tabs. Gear can be copied to the Armor, Weapons, Gear, and Vehicles tabs where Gear is normally allowed. These items can be copied between characters, so you can copy a Vehicle that Character A has and paste it into the Vehicles tab for Character B. The Copy and Paste toolbar buttons and menu items are only enabled when the operations are allowed.

New Strings
  • Menu_Main_Edit
  • Menu_EditCopy
  • Menu_EditPaste
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Apr 20 2012, 05:43 PM) *
Build 371
  • added a tooltip to all Source fields in Select windows which show the full name of the sourcebook
  • Underbarrel Weapons that have a Cost of 0 Nuyen no longer consume Mod slots (so Weapons such as the Ares Alpha can now properly attach their Grenade Launcher as an Underbarrel Weapon without consuming Mod slots)
  • Weapons that come with an Underbarrel Weapon as part of their initial configuration now receive them automatically
  • Select Armor window now creates the Armor to determine its correct Avail with any Armor Mods it comes equipped with by default instead of relying only on the Armor's own Avail
  • added support for Copying and Pasting in Create Mode (see below)
  • the default Unarmed Attack is no longer exported when creating a PACKS Kit
Copying and Pasting
Copying and pasting is currently only available in Create Mode until everything is figured out. At the moment only Lifestyles, Armor, Weapons, Gear, and Vehicles can be copied. Lifestyles, Armor, Gear, and Vehicles can only be copied to their own tabs. Weapons can be copied to the Weapons and Vehicles tabs. Gear can be copied to the Armor, Weapons, Gear, and Vehicles tabs where Gear is normally allowed. These items can be copied between characters, so you can copy a Vehicle that Character A has and paste it into the Vehicles tab for Character B. The Copy and Paste toolbar buttons and menu items are only enabled when the operations are allowed.

New Strings
  • Menu_Main_Edit
  • Menu_EditCopy
  • Menu_EditPaste

Awesome update!

I have a character with an Colt M22A3 Assault Riffle with Ex-Explosive Rounds loaded. Neither the damage or the AP is being modified by the ammo. Should be 7P and -2 AP, and it's only showing 6P and -1 AP.

I'm also getting an exception when I try reloading the weapon.
IridiosDZ
OK, another small thing I noticed. I have an NPC character that has the SURGE Quality of Claws. These claws provide an new type of unarmed attack. Could this attack be added to a character in a way similar to the generic Unarmed Attack?

Thanks for the work you've put into this.
Hellfire
QUOTE (IridiosDZ @ Apr 21 2012, 01:51 AM) *
OK, another small thing I noticed. I have an NPC character that has the SURGE Quality of Claws. These claws provide an new type of unarmed attack. Could this attack be added to a character in a way similar to the generic Unarmed Attack?

Thanks for the work you've put into this.

Great idea! I second this for my shapeshifter character: the possibility to add an additional unarmed attack "1. natural weapon: bite, 2. claw, 3. claw/bite" would be great .

and thanks for the update Nebular
Nebular
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Apr 20 2012, 07:31 PM) *
Awesome update!

I have a character with an Colt M22A3 Assault Riffle with Ex-Explosive Rounds loaded. Neither the damage or the AP is being modified by the ammo. Should be 7P and -2 AP, and it's only showing 6P and -1 AP.

I'm also getting an exception when I try reloading the weapon.

That's weird. This is another one that I can't reproduce. Could you email the save file so I can see what's going on? (nebular@shaw.ca)
Makki
There are groups that interpretate the Black Market Pipeline quality to work during chargen. Meaning there needs to be an option to buy stuff at a 10% discount during character creation mode.
groduick
Modular Cyberlimbs (Augmentation p 45) aren't properly supported. I can't add (or find) the different modular options.

Perhaps that you could add a modular cyberlimb section to the gear list, and add the Modular Plug-in Adaptation option so that you can plug it in any gear.

SpellBinder
Near the bottom of the list is a section called "Modular Plug-Ins".

There's also a search box where you can type the name of the cyberware in. Is there something in particular you're looking for?
McDougle
Any news on Chummer for Android?

The Mono-project appears to be active.
McDougle

groduick
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Apr 22 2012, 09:19 AM) *
Is there something in particular you're looking for?

Skimmer discs, what else?
SpellBinder
QUOTE (groduick @ Apr 22 2012, 12:18 PM) *
Skimmer discs, what else?

Yup, they're in that "Modular Plug-In" category. Gotta have Augmentation enabled as a book, too.
groduick
You're my hero!
bannockburn
Hi!
First of all: I registered today to let you know that I really appreciate this great program! Thank you very much for the hard work you clearly put into it.

Now, I am in the process of entering characters and NPCs, and I stumbled upon a few inconsistencies. I'm not sure if they are input mistakes or if the program doesn't allow some things, but I noticed a few things.

In no particular order:

1.) I can add a trodenet to a FFBA (full), which is described as coming with a hood, but it takes up a modification slot. I usually did not count it as this when GMing, but it's probably my mistake

2.) When adding Tactical AR software or Autosofts, you can't add program options like in matrix programs, but again, I'm not sure if this is a misinterpretation of the rules in my part

3.) When adding an exotic weapons skill (such as cyberweapon in unusual places) to a character, you can only specify for what weapon it is used (i.e. give it a name) but you can't add a specialization

4.) Someone already posted it, but it would be awesome to either have an editable close combat attack or add claws, fangs and goring horns smile.gif

5.) When the character has a bone densitiy augmentation or bone lacing and does physical damage with his attacks, martial arts bonuses (such as +1DV for unarmed attacks) aren't factored in

6.) This is a major problem, and again, I'm not sure if it's my mistake. When you have multiple characters open (I tried it with a few NPCs) and save one, it will ask to overwrite for the first opened.
E.g.: Character 1 is called Nightwolf, Character 2 is called Jackanapes. Both are open in chummer in separate tabs. I change something in Character 2 and it asks me to overwrite Nightwolf

7.) When creating a 'ignore creation rules' character, I noticed a few times that when you go negative in the nuyen, it will produce an error with the starting money.
To elaborate: I create a prime runner NPC, and outfit her with a lot of 'ware. This ends me up in say 2mil nuyen negative. I convert into 'career mode' (in this case administrative mode, really wink.gif ), she starts the game with -37mil nuyen.

8.) More of a suggestion: It would be great if it were possible to show custom notes in the tooltip of an item. E.g.: I add a note to contact lenses, saying that those are in a particular colour. But I still have to open the notes section of this gear to access and view the note. Is it possible to show this on mouseover (no idea of the programming behind it)? smile.gif

9.) Rules question again: I noticed that endosymbionts and nano-treatments (such as Neo-EPO) are available in grades from Standard to Delta. Augmentation states that those are only available at the flat value given in the book

10.) No emotitoys? (I know, they are frowned upon wink.gif , but I had 200 nuyen to blow on one character and couldn't find them)

I hope my feedback helps and let me say again: I love this program. Thanks a lot for putting up the effort in programming and maintaining it.
SpellBinder
Got some thoughts on some of these:

1: I honestly wouldn't. By the description and such that I've read, trodes have to be calibrated to the user and work at contact range. With trodes in your hoodie you twitch your head and now you're mis-aligned (and a GM can be super cruel in what can happen).
2: Depends on the options you'd be trying to add. Most are limited to the other types of programs, anyway, and the only ones I see as worthwhile to take would be Crashguard and Viral Resistance. The rest are either limiting (and likely to be removed anyway, like copy protection), or would be utterly ridiculous (like Ergonomic). Also, AR programs and autosofts aren't limited to a commlink's/node's attributes anyway (example to note, the Cybersystems Dragonfly drone has a device rating of 3, but a rating 4 Targeting autosoft).
3: Exotic Weapons skills are typically specific to a particular weapon, or a very tight group. On top of that, in SR4a, page 122, the Exotic Weapons skills are the only ones that say "N/A" for specializations where all the rest have some suggestions.
6: Never seen this myself.
Fix-it
Great program, thanks for all your work.

A small feature request, however.

could we get a quantity counter for weapons in the weapons tab?

My players and I buy guns and knives in bulk. biggrin.gif
replicant_soul
First off all: Thx for this awesome tool!

Has anyone had any luck getting it to work under linux using mono? The main window starts, but if i choose any menu entry, the app either crashes or hangs at nearly 100%CPU. I run all the latest builds of mono and kernel, but am obviously to nooby to get anywhere on my own from here. I could post a verboose dump, if that would help...
Right now i help myself by running WinXp in a dedicated VM, but that really sucks. Especially on a crappy, underpowerd laptop.
Keep up the great work!
Greets
Daniel

mono -v chummer.exe Text dump

mono --debug Chummer.exe

CODE
xxxxxxx@yyyyyyy:~/Downloads/Chummer$ mono --debug Chummer.exe
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Chummer.frmOptions.cboLanguage_SelectedIndexChanged (System.Object sender, System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.SetSelectedIndex (Int32 value, Boolean supressAutoScroll) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex (Int32 value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.ListControl.set_SelectedValue (System.Object value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.ListControl:set_SelectedValue (object)
at Chummer.frmOptions.frmOptions_Load (System.Object sender, System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoadInternal (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Nebular
QUOTE (McDougle @ Apr 22 2012, 01:36 AM) *

Nope. I'm guessing whomever was wanting to do an Android version just never started it. And any shred of hope I had for Mono is virtually gone. .NET 4.5 is already available and Mono still can't get .NET 4-compliant.
Nebular
QUOTE (bannockburn @ Apr 22 2012, 04:39 PM) *
Hi!
First of all: I registered today to let you know that I really appreciate this great program! Thank you very much for the hard work you clearly put into it.

Now, I am in the process of entering characters and NPCs, and I stumbled upon a few inconsistencies. I'm not sure if they are input mistakes or if the program doesn't allow some things, but I noticed a few things.

In no particular order:

1.) I can add a trodenet to a FFBA (full), which is described as coming with a hood, but it takes up a modification slot. I usually did not count it as this when GMing, but it's probably my mistake

2.) When adding Tactical AR software or Autosofts, you can't add program options like in matrix programs, but again, I'm not sure if this is a misinterpretation of the rules in my part

3.) When adding an exotic weapons skill (such as cyberweapon in unusual places) to a character, you can only specify for what weapon it is used (i.e. give it a name) but you can't add a specialization

4.) Someone already posted it, but it would be awesome to either have an editable close combat attack or add claws, fangs and goring horns smile.gif

5.) When the character has a bone densitiy augmentation or bone lacing and does physical damage with his attacks, martial arts bonuses (such as +1DV for unarmed attacks) aren't factored in

6.) This is a major problem, and again, I'm not sure if it's my mistake. When you have multiple characters open (I tried it with a few NPCs) and save one, it will ask to overwrite for the first opened.
E.g.: Character 1 is called Nightwolf, Character 2 is called Jackanapes. Both are open in chummer in separate tabs. I change something in Character 2 and it asks me to overwrite Nightwolf

7.) When creating a 'ignore creation rules' character, I noticed a few times that when you go negative in the nuyen, it will produce an error with the starting money.
To elaborate: I create a prime runner NPC, and outfit her with a lot of 'ware. This ends me up in say 2mil nuyen negative. I convert into 'career mode' (in this case administrative mode, really wink.gif ), she starts the game with -37mil nuyen.

8.) More of a suggestion: It would be great if it were possible to show custom notes in the tooltip of an item. E.g.: I add a note to contact lenses, saying that those are in a particular colour. But I still have to open the notes section of this gear to access and view the note. Is it possible to show this on mouseover (no idea of the programming behind it)? smile.gif

9.) Rules question again: I noticed that endosymbionts and nano-treatments (such as Neo-EPO) are available in grades from Standard to Delta. Augmentation states that those are only available at the flat value given in the book

10.) No emotitoys? (I know, they are frowned upon wink.gif , but I had 200 nuyen to blow on one character and couldn't find them)

I hope my feedback helps and let me say again: I love this program. Thanks a lot for putting up the effort in programming and maintaining it.

#2 - I've updated the Gear data file to correct this.

#3 - Since Exotic Skills cannot have Specializations, the Specialization field is instead used to denote what the Skill is for; so you could have Exotic Melee Weapon (Whip), for example.

#4 - Coming in the next update.

#5 - Seems to be working fine to me. If you already have the Unarmed Attack Weapon selected then add the Bone Density Augmentation or change its Rating, you need to select a different Weapon, then select Unarmed Attack again so that it shows the proper value.

#6 - I can't seem to reproduce this one either. The only time something like this should happen is if you have multiple characters with unsaved changes open and choose Close All Windows from the Windows menu or try to close the application.

#7 - I'll have this fixed in the next update so that if starting Nuyen is below 0 (which will only happen for characters that ignore rules), they'll instead be put back to 0 Nuyen.

#9 - Yeah, this is a current limitation of how things are handled with Cyberware/Bioware Grades. nyahnyah.gif

#10 - Emotitoys are actually in with the Vehicles since they can be modified like Vehicles using Vehicle Mods.
SpellBinder
In career mode, would it be possible to expand the feature of burning a point of Edge to include all of the attributes while in career mode? It's possible for magicians at least that are suffering a "crisis of faith" due to their geas to have a permanent loss to their Magic attribute, and drugs and other injuries can result in a loss of any attribute points, among a number of other possible things (like Sacrifice, SM 52).
Nebular
QUOTE (Fix-it @ Apr 22 2012, 09:25 PM) *
Great program, thanks for all your work.

A small feature request, however.

could we get a quantity counter for weapons in the weapons tab?

My players and I buy guns and knives in bulk. biggrin.gif

Pulled from the Chummer FAQ (which is over on the Wiki and somewhat buried - I need to add a link to it somewhere on there):

Why can't I select a quantity for a Weapon?

There are two reasons for this. One is that sooner or later, players seem to decide to modify one of those Weapons in a different manner from the rest. This would mean having to reduce the Weapon quantity, then buying a new one to take its place so that the modifications can be made. The bigger reason, however, is that once a character enters Career Mode, the Weapon's ammunition count and type can be tracked. Having a quantity on a Weapon would not allow you to accurately track and fire similar Weapons independently.

In Create Mode, however, you can setup a Weapon in the desired configuration, then use the new Copy and Paste commands to just clone it as many times as you'd like. wink.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (replicant_soul @ Apr 23 2012, 11:12 AM) *
First off all: Thx for this awesome tool!

Has anyone had any luck getting it to work under linux using mono? The main window starts, but if i choose any menu entry, the app either crashes or hangs at nearly 100%CPU. I run all the latest builds of mono and kernel, but am obviously to nooby to get anywhere on my own from here. I could post a verboose dump, if that would help...
Right now i help myself by running WinXp in a dedicated VM, but that really sucks. Especially on a crappy, underpowerd laptop.
Keep up the great work!
Greets
Daniel

mono -v chummer.exe Text dump

mono --debug Chummer.exe

I've made some changes to the Options window that will be in the next update to make it more Mono-friendly. Unfortunately this is still the least of its problems. Mono doesn't have a proper implementation of the ToolStrip and MenuStrip objects that Chummer relies upon. So when you try to create a new character or open a save file, the whole thing blows up when it tries to render them. frown.gif
Overmind.900
Crash report

I received a FormatException when loading the .chum file on another computer. I don't know why the dates are formatted differently between the two computers. I did a bit of digging and found the offending date formats

Expected <date>4/18/2012 3:38:55 PM</date>
Actual <date>23/04/2012 3:25:35 PM</date>

I try forcing the format of the DateTime to uses a specific pattern. I would recommend the Sortable ("s") Format Specifier.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/az...(v=vs.100).aspx
Hopefully that helps.

CODE
************** Exception Text **************
System.FormatException: String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.
   at System.DateTimeParse.Parse(String s, DateTimeFormatInfo dtfi, DateTimeStyles styles)
   at Chummer.ExpenseLogEntry.Load(XmlNode objNode)
   at Chummer.Character.Load()
   at Chummer.frmMain.LoadCharacter(String strFileName, Boolean blnIncludeInMRU, String strNewName, Boolean blnClearFileName)
   at Chummer.frmMain.OpenFile(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

~Darren
http://ca.linkedin.com/in/darrenmaginnis
Makki
QUOTE (Makki @ Apr 21 2012, 06:22 PM) *
There are groups that interprete the Black Market Pipeline quality to work during chargen. Meaning there needs to be an option to buy stuff at a 10% discount during character creation mode.

any chance this can be done soon? Putting the Markup option into Creation mode.
bannockburn
Thanks for the quick answer, Nebular.
You've been very helpful smile.gif
KarmaInferno
QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ Apr 14 2012, 10:27 PM) *
Ghost Cartels, page 160

CODE
Huitzilopochtli Cyborg Bodyguard
   Reverse engineered from the popular Otomo model, AZT's Huitzilopochtli is a new entry into the cyborg market.

Hand Accel Speed Pilot Body Armor Sensor Avail Cost
   +1   6/12  30    -     7    15    5      24R   175,000¥
   Upgrades and Mods: Armor (Concealed), Cyborg adaptation, Improved Sensor Array, Mechanical arm (2), Mimic (Rating 3), Touch Sensors

I just realized, re-examining the relevant section of Ghost Cartels, that somehow the Huitzilopochtli has a Concealed Armor rating of 15 when the max is supposed to be 10.

(And in the adventure the cyborgs are wearing body armor on top of this. Eek.)

-k
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Nebular @ Apr 21 2012, 09:59 AM) *
That's weird. This is another one that I can't reproduce. Could you email the save file so I can see what's going on? (nebular@shaw.ca)

Sadly, I made that post while I was playing. At the end of the session the weapon was removed as it was a loaner.
I'll add the weapon again and see if it continues to happen. If it does I'll send the email along with the character file.
SpellBinder
QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ Apr 24 2012, 12:45 AM) *
I just realized, re-examining the relevant section of Ghost Cartels, that somehow the Huitzilopochtli has a Concealed Armor rating of 15 when the max is supposed to be 10.

(And in the adventure the cyborgs are wearing body armor on top of this. Eek.)

-k

And the Toyota MK-Centipede has an Armor of 1 with a Body of 0. Last time I checked 0*3 >= 1 was a false statement.

I'd just chalk the error of the Azzie drone to it's creator reading the chart for Concealed Armor over the description. There it says 1-20 for Normal, Concealed, & Smart (at least, in my soft copy it does).
Nebular
QUOTE (Makki @ Apr 23 2012, 11:59 PM) *
any chance this can be done soon? Putting the Markup option into Creation mode.

Hopefully, yes. It will end up being a Black Market Discount checkbox that comes up on the tab after the item has been added to the character so that you can do it at any time instead of only when the item is first purchased (and having to delete and re-add it if you forgot or take the Quality after buying some toys). There are a lot of changes to how all purchasable items calculate their total cost that needs to happen first so that this can work. I have most of that prerequisite work done.
Mister Shed
Having recently completed a run, my character was given a Parashield Skyspy biodrone (Augmentation 154) as a reward, unfortunately I can't find the sample biodrones and while I can make one through the critter creation option, I can't figure out how to link critters to my character.

Any advice on handling this?
Nebular
QUOTE (Mister Shed @ Apr 24 2012, 10:24 AM) *
Having recently completed a run, my character was given a Parashield Skyspy biodrone (Augmentation 154) as a reward, unfortunately I can't find the sample biodrones and while I can make one through the critter creation option, I can't figure out how to link critters to my character.

Any advice on handling this?

Biodrones are just heavily augmented Critters. You can create the Biodrone by creating a new Critter (in this case, you can pick a bird from the Mundane Critters category since the description doesn't say which type exactly), and giving it the appropriate Attributes, Skills, and Cyberware.
Nebular
Build 375
  • Qualities can now add Weapons to the character when selected
  • added Create Natural Weapon to the context menu for the Weapons button which allows character to create Natural Weapons that can come from other sources such as Critter Powers
  • added an option to print Notes as part of the printout XML
  • Shadowrun 4 Base and Commlink sheets now print Notes for most major items when the option is enabled
  • Gear can now be copied from Armor, Weapons, and Vehicles
  • Weapons can now be copied from Vehicles
  • Armor Mods, Weapon Mods, Weapon Accessories, and Gear Plugins are now responsible for calculating their own total cost
  • cost of selected Weapon Accessories and Weapon Mods should now be correct when their cost is based on a formula including the Weapon's cost
  • Armor Mods that use a formula to calculate their price now show their total price when selected instead of the formula used
  • Weapon Accessories now include any Gear plugins in their total cost
  • Cyberware Plugins now include any Gear plugins in their total cost
  • equipping Armor now only re-creates Improvements for Armor Mods and Armor Gear that are equipped
  • equipping Armor Mods and Armor Gear now only re-creates Improvements if the Armor they're attached to is also equipped
  • Enter and Escape keys now work in the Select Martial Art Advantage window
  • characters that ignore rules and move to Career Mode will now start with 0 Nuyen instead of a large negative number
  • added Black Market Pipeline Discount checkboxes to the Cyberware, Armor, Weapons, Gear, and Vehicle tab in Create Mode which reduce the cost of the selected item by 10% which appear when the character gains the Black Market Pipeline Quality
New Strings
  • Message_CannotRemoveQualityWeapon
  • MessageTitle_CannotRemoveQualityWeapon
  • Label_ActiveSkill
  • Menu_AddNaturalWeapon
  • Checkbox_Option_PrintNotes
  • Checkbox_BlackMarketDiscount
Mister Shed
QUOTE (Nebular @ Apr 24 2012, 04:21 PM) *
Biodrones are just heavily augmented Critters. You can create the Biodrone by creating a new Critter (in this case, you can pick a bird from the Mundane Critters category since the description doesn't say which type exactly), and giving it the appropriate Attributes, Skills, and Cyberware.

How would I go about linking it (or just a critter in general) to my character then?
SpellBinder
My first thought would be to try the Contacts section on the Common tab.

Could also be helpful having a "Pets" tab in the Street Gear section. Not to detail the pets, but to have a [maybe] better place to list and organize one's pets, and have links to their files.
redwulf25
Any chance of adding in the Alternate Infected types on page 79 of the Runners Companion?
SpellBinder
Aside from the names of the qualities themselves, the critter powers the Infected grant can be edited. The addition of Astral Projection and Reach +1 are all that seem to be missing from the list of critter powers to duplicate the alternate infected.
Nebular
QUOTE (Overmind.900 @ Apr 23 2012, 08:45 PM) *
Crash report

I received a FormatException when loading the .chum file on another computer. I don't know why the dates are formatted differently between the two computers. I did a bit of digging and found the offending date formats

Expected <date>4/18/2012 3:38:55 PM</date>
Actual <date>23/04/2012 3:25:35 PM</date>

I try forcing the format of the DateTime to uses a specific pattern. I would recommend the Sortable ("s") Format Specifier.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/az...(v=vs.100).aspx
Hopefully that helps.

Yeah, using a standardised format a better way of handling it instead of using the en-US CultureInfo to try and force it into a format when saving. I'll have this in the next update.
Nebular
QUOTE (redwulf25 @ Apr 24 2012, 06:35 PM) *
Any chance of adding in the Alternate Infected types on page 79 of the Runners Companion?

I've updated the Qualities file to include the Alternate Infected (Abat, Amalanhig, Busaw, Gaki, Penanggalan, Sasobonsam, and Sukuyan).
CeeJay
I've just updated to the latest chummer build 375 and now I allways get unhandled exception errors when I add armor mods to an armor.

Here's the error string:
[ Spoiler ]

-CJ
Nebular
QUOTE (CeeJay @ Apr 25 2012, 08:12 AM) *
I've just updated to the latest chummer build 375 and now I allways get unhandled exception errors when I add armor mods to an armor.

Here's the error string:

-CJ

Aw crap. This has to do with the individual items now calculating their prices and Armor Mods not being told how to handle their Rating. nyahnyah.gif The error should only happen with Armor Mods that have a Rating; you should still be able to add ones with a fixed price. I'll put out another update this evening to fix this.
Nebular
Build 376
  • dates for Expenses are now saved in a standardised format, regardless of system settings, to make them easier to load and move between systems that may have different date settings
  • list items with Notes (such as Qualities and Gear) now show their Notes in a tooltip when hovered over
  • Gear that use a formula to calculate their price now show their total price instead of the formula used when selected on the Armor tab
  • fixed an issue where Armor Mods with a Rating would throw an error when trying to calculate their cost
  • added support for <forcegrade /> to Cyberware since certain items (namely all Transgenics) are limited to a single Grade
  • Armor Gear and Weapon Gear are no longer limited to how many layers deep they can go
  • Gear can now be added to Vehicle Weapon Accessories
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Apr 24 2012, 02:01 AM) *
Sadly, I made that post while I was playing. At the end of the session the weapon was removed as it was a loaner.
I'll add the weapon again and see if it continues to happen. If it does I'll send the email along with the character file.

Well I can no longer reproduce the problem.
May be it was related to the weapon having been added before the changes to add grenade launchers to weapons that have them as a default.
But all seems to be working correctly now.

I was wondering though. Was there not a change a while back that added the ammo's location as part of the reload window?
I noticed while I was trying to reproduce this problem that my ammo wasn't showing it's location. Is it possible that this is because I have the ammo linked to spare clips?
Makes it easier for me to keep track of how many clips a character has, and how much ammo is in each one as the clips are swapped.
SpellBinder
In making a new character I found something that I'd call an error in mechanics. The character was planned on having a holdout pistol in a hidden arm slide. Now I know that holdouts are listed in Arsenal as being unable to mount any accessories, but would it be possible to group a few non-mounted kind of accessories in another fashion? A quick-draw holster, concealable holster, and hidden arm slide are some that seem would be quite natural to use with holdout pistols.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012