Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chummer Character Generator
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
Nebular
Build 426
    - fixed an issue where Cyberware Plugins were attempting to use their parent's Gear properties instead of their own and would throw an error when trying to bulid a list of Locations used by Cyberware
    - Gear Capacity now factors in the Quantity of each plugin
Machine Ghost
The last several times (always maybe?) when I download an update for Chummer, I get a crash when attempting to restart. Finally took the time to capture the error content.

Environment: Windows 7 64Bit, Chummer 425 upgrading to 426

QUOTE (Chummer 0.0.0.425)
************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
at System.Collections.ArrayList.ArrayListEnumeratorSimple.MoveNext()
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ExitInternal()
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Restart()
at Chummer.frmUpdate.cmdRestart_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
[ Spoiler ]
Machine Ghost
Are the smartgun camera upgrades really supposed to take up 1 slot each of the weapon modification slots? I would expect that the upgrades are really using modification slots from the camera, not the weapon, once the camera itself has been upgraded. Of course the availability is the same for each up the camera upgrades, instead of varying depending on the sensor function, like standard camera upgrades, and does not accumulate availability either. Trying to add multiple enhancement functions to a single pair of glasses/goggles pushes to extreme availability quite quickly, and that is not an issue here at least.

Environment: Windows 6 64bit, Chummer 426
SpellBinder
Thanks for the quick fix, Nebular. smile.gif

And Machine Ghost, I recall this being touched on in the main Shadowrun folder. There are players who ignore that weapon upgrade altogether and give the smartgun camera a rating like a regular camera, and fit plugins from there. The way it's worded in the Arsenal book (and not touched on by any official errata), each upgrade takes a mod slot of the weapon. Seems kinda silly when sensors can be as small as an RFID tag (you can have an RFID with a rating 1 camera with lowlight vision, and it's 100% legal by RAW).
Weldûn
Firstly, I just want to say what a great program Chummer is. It's been a huge help in keeping character records straight, and up to date. However, I've been having an issue with custom nexi. One, I can't build one in gear. Two, whenever I try to add a plugin to a vehicle-mounted nexus, I keep getting the following unhandled exception.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Chummer.frmCreate.tsVehicleSensorAddAsPlugin_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Chummer.frmCreate.tsVehicleGearAddAsPlugin_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
SpellBinder
Just found a minor typo for the battery packs. Chummer has them listed as on page 35 of Arsenal, but their entry and chart are both on page 36.

Added: Would it be possible to replace the slot limit notice for vehicles and weapons with an alert message and actually allow these to exceed their limit instead? Arsenal, page 129, details overmodification of these, including the need for GM approval of such a mod.
Aresius
Is it already possible to add a new or modify an existing knowledge skill using the improvements manager? I cannot find it, so if it's still missing, please take this question as a feature request. smile.gif
Weldûn
QUOTE (Aresius @ Nov 16 2012, 11:56 PM) *
Is it already possible to add a new or modify an existing knowledge skill using the improvements manager? I cannot find it, so if it's still missing, please take this question as a feature request. smile.gif
If you mean career mode, there is a button listed "Add Skill" at the top of the knowledge skills section, and the drop-down entries (skill, specialization, category) for each knowledge skill still work. There is also a delete button next to each skill. If you're asking if it's possible to enter an unlisted KS, be it a completely new KS or a modified version of an existing KS, then all you need to do is click the box itself (your mouse pointer should change to the select/enter text symbol when you mouse-over the box) and type away. Remember to correctly set the category.

I hope that that helped.
Aresius
Thanks Weldûn, but this is not what I am looking for.

"Improvements" is the last tab in career mode (in the wiki it's called "Improvements Manager") and allows you to modify nearly any aspect of your character without paying karma for it (if I understood it correctly).

In my group it's not unusual to reward players sometimes directly with skill-points, esp. with knowledge skill points instead of giving the karma to buy them. I'm looking for a method to do that in chummer. My current method is to buy the skill with karma and then add the karma as gained and mark it as refund, so it doesn't count for total career karma.

So I'm interested in doing this directly without my work-around. The improvements system seems to be the proper way, but I cannot find how to add/manipulate knowledge skills there.
SpellBinder
I don't think there is, though Nebular already has something in place that should take care of this.

In the "Karma and Nuyen" tab, hit the "Karma Gained" button and put in the difference in karma for the skill level, and make sure to put a check in the box marked "Refund". When your GM rewards you with another skill level, just edit this karma gain to add more to balance out the expense.
Hellfire
Thanks for the latest update,
however adding PACKS gear kits with multilevel equipment (for example a comlink with a program package (Basic+ program suite)) still adds up the prices of the suite as well as each individual item in the suite, so instead of costing 400 NY for the basic+ program suite it costs 3100 NY (400 for the suite and 2700 for all programs in it).

This seems to be true for all "package items" that include items that can also be purchased seperately. This also includes now the price for copy protection and registration program option, which should be free when selecting the optional rule.

Also the bug with the Optimization program option in a PACKS kit is still there: when you add a PACKS kit which includes a program with the optimization program option Chummer interprets it as the COMLINK optimization option, costing 500 NY (without rating) instead of 100 NY per rating.

Also response degradation due to running programs should only start once you run a number of programss > system rating, see Unwired 3rd printing (which came after SR4A) p.48, currently Chummer reduces response when the number of programs running is equal to system rating:
if you do not have Unwired 3rd printing:
"Processor Limit:  is is the number of programs the node
can run before it starts to experience Response degradation (see
Matrix Attributes, p. 221, SR4A). For standard nodes, the proces-
sor limit is equal to System rating. "
"Standard nodes are run by commlinks,..."

Many thanks if you could correct this too.

Also a repeated festure request:
could you add the option to create free sprites (unwired p. 157) in the same way that you added the option to create free spirits? This would allow to create custom sprites with complex form the base sprite normally does not have, which currently isn't possible.
thespaceinvader
Hi there, I hope you can help: I just started using Chummer, but upon trying to pick a metatype, I repeatably (through restarts, and redownloads and re-extracts of Chummer) receive the following error:

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

The given key was not present in the dictionary.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.
System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at Chummer.LanguageManager.GetString(String strKey)
at Chummer.frmCreate.SetTooltips()
at Chummer.frmCreate..ctor(Character objCharacter)
at Chummer.frmMain.ShowNewForm(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Chummer
Assembly Version: 0.0.0.426
Win32 Version: 0.0.0.426
CodeBase: file:///C:/Chummer/Chummer.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Is this something I can fix?
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (thespaceinvader @ Nov 17 2012, 06:36 AM) *
Hi there, I hope you can help: I just started using Chummer, but upon trying to pick a metatype, I repeatably (through restarts, and redownloads and re-extracts of Chummer) receive the following error:

The program should not be crashing, but since this is a new install, have you configured the source books you have available? Before starting to creating a new character, go to options on the tools menu. I'm not the author, but that message looks to me like the meta type you are trying to select does not exist in your configuration, or if the error is one step back, NO meta types exist.

Also since this appears to be new download, is that the latest version? About on the help menu should show Cummer version 0.0.0.426. If it is not that, try doing Check for Updates on the tools menu to get current.
EDIT: never mind the version check: I see in the message details, that it IS version 426, so that is current, though it is possible that the data files do not exist for your language, and update would fix that as well.

After either of those, you will need to exit chummer, and restart (just the program, not the computer), for the changes to be available.
ChatNoir
And make sure you have the .NET 4 framework installed and up to date.
thespaceinvader
Downloading the updates seems to have fixed it. It seems the English US language was missing.

Thanks for the help.
Machine Ghost
Corruption using named gear as plugin of "Butt Pack" or location

Environment: Windows 7 64bit, Chummer 0.0.0.426

Sequence 1:
  • Create new character
  • Add "Butt Pack" to Gear
  • Add "Olfactory Camouflage" to Gear
  • Name "Olfactory Camouflage" as "Club"
  • Right click drag the named gear to "Butt Pack"
  • Save the character file
  • Close and reopen the character file
Result:
  • On the gear tab, the Olfactory Camouflage ("Club") entry shows up both in the Butt Pack, and on its own
  • The quantity of the Olfactory Camouflage ("Club") in the Butt Pack is ghosted and can not be changed
  • The quantity of the Olfactory Camouflage ("Club") NOT in the Butt Pack can be changed
  • Deleting the Olfactory Camouflage ("Club") NOT in the Butt Pack appears to work, but save, close, reopen the chum file, and it is back again.

Sequence 2:
  • Create new character
  • Add "Hip Pack" location to Gear
  • Add "Olfactory Camouflage" to Gear
  • Name "Olfactory Camouflage" as "Club"
  • Right click drag the named gear to "Hip Pack"
  • Save the character file
  • Close and reopen the character file
Result:
  • On the gear tab, the Olfactory Camouflage ("Club") entry shows up twice in the Hip Pack
  • The quantity of both instances seem to be editable, but changing each of the quantities to unique values, save, close reopen the chum file results in one of the quantities being reset to 1
  • Deleting the instance with quantity 1 results in the other instance changing to quantity 1.
  • That final instance now seems to work correctly. Changing quantity, save, close, reload looks correct.
Machine Ghost
Adding any of the Certified Credstick Commlink Accesories allows setting the rating for the credstick, which changes the cost. The rating should be fixed at 0 to get the correct cost.

Windows 7 64 bit; Chummer 0.0.0.426
Weldûn
QUOTE (Weldûn @ Nov 16 2012, 12:16 PM) *
Firstly, I just want to say what a great program Chummer is. It's been a huge help in keeping character records straight, and up to date. However, I've been having an issue with custom nexi. One, I can't build one in gear. Two, whenever I try to add a plugin to a vehicle-mounted nexus, I keep getting the following unhandled exception.

Okay, I found where I build Custom Nexi in the Gear Tab (It's a drop-down) but I still can't modify vehicle-mounted custom nexi without getting the following unhandled exception.
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Chummer.frmCreate.tsVehicleSensorAddAsPlugin_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Chummer.frmCreate.tsVehicleGearAddAsPlugin_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
Weldûn
Additionally, prepackaged software aren't properly applying their program options.
For example, Homewrecker is listing as...

Attack (Rating 3)
Shredder (Rating 3)
Attack (Rating 3)

instead of...

Attack (Rating 3)
└Shredder
Attack (Rating 3)
└Area (Rating 1)
└Armor Piercing (Rating 2)

This is similarly affecting copy protection and registration, if you have those toggled to be automatically included in options.
ChatNoir
Hey, I'm playing with armor encumbrance right now and I've found a little problem in the attributes tooltips.

When the encumbrance bonus equals the bonus you have on your Agility, the "Aug" section is blank and so there is no tooltip to clear the things up.

Exemple :
my character have a natural Agility of 6 +1 for the Suprathyroid Gland. So usually I have "Aug" (7). With the right amount of armor, the encombrance reduce that to 6 (6+1-1). It would be nice to know what happens. Maybe some coloring when an attribute is lowered for whatever reason but the tooltip is a must for understanding. smile.gif
TonkaTuff
Using revision 423, though I've had this issue with the previous versions:

When trying to save my character as created for career mode, it throws back complaints due to multiple pieces of gear with avail 12+. I've set the maximum allowed availability option up to 20, but it still wants to restrict with avail 12+. Is the limit of 1 item over 12 hard-coded into the system (it's not an issue with my campaign)? And if so, could there be an optional rule toggle to ignore it? Or is it just not respecting the increased avail limit?

Also, I've been trying to update to revision 426, and when I snag the program update from the list it says the download has been installed and I restart, but 'about' is still saying I'm on revision 423.
tsuyoshikentsu
The SWAT helmet's included plugins are adding to its Availability, meaning that Chummer sees it as having Availability 29.
Weldûn
The Military Commlinks (Battle Buddies, MCT Tactical, etc...) aren't including their Biometric Lock, Hardening 5 and Armored Case 5, which comes free on all military commlinks.
SpellBinder
Single Cybereyes implanted within another limb still cannot have Plug In items added to them.
Weldûn
The Ruger Thunderbolt w/ Smartgun is showing recoil compensation of 3, when it should be 2.
bannockburn
Could be that your strength is factored in, depending on settings.
Weldûn
Probably, I tested with a STR 1 character and they both came up 2, which would imply that the problem is with the "base" model not factoring in STR. Which is another point, according to the entry in Arsenal, page 24, the Ruger Thunderbolt comes in two versions, both of which have 2 points of recoil compensation. The smartgun equipped model and one with a integral laser sight, priced ¥1,150 and ¥850 respectively. Chummer lists the smartgun model correctly, but lists the other version with no integral laser sight and a cost of ¥750.
600xp
Hi alls !

First, Thanks for Chummer, it's great !

I've seen that in the thread :
QUOTE (thespaceinvader @ Nov 17 2012, 02:36 PM) *

CODE
System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at Chummer.LanguageManager.GetString(String strKey)
at Chummer.frmCreate.SetTooltips()

I've the same problem with the last release (Build 426)

In the package the news String () are missing in the .\lang\fr.xml, .\lang\de.xml, .\lang\en-us.xml files.

Just add them in the files, and the bug will be fixed.

CODE
        <string>
            <key>Checkbox_ActiveCommlink</key>
            <text>Active Comlink</text>
        </string>
        <string>
            <key>Tip_ActiveCommlink</key>
            <text>Active Comlink</text>
        </string>
        <string>
            <key>Checkbox_Commlinks</key>
            <text>Comlink</text>
        </string>

Hope I help.

Thanks again for chummer, it's awesome !

Nebular
QUOTE (TonkaTuff @ Nov 18 2012, 08:06 PM) *
Using revision 423, though I've had this issue with the previous versions:

When trying to save my character as created for career mode, it throws back complaints due to multiple pieces of gear with avail 12+. I've set the maximum allowed availability option up to 20, but it still wants to restrict with avail 12+. Is the limit of 1 item over 12 hard-coded into the system (it's not an issue with my campaign)? And if so, could there be an optional rule toggle to ignore it? Or is it just not respecting the increased avail limit?

Also, I've been trying to update to revision 426, and when I snag the program update from the list it says the download has been installed and I restart, but 'about' is still saying I'm on revision 423.

There don't appear to be any hard coded limits for Avail 12. I've tried it a few times with different Avails and they all check out fine. If you saved the character first, then changed the avail, the is probably causing the problem; the max Avail is (currently) attached to the character when it's saved for the first time. This was something that was done before the notion of different settings came about which let you change the avail on a per-game basis. If you need to change it for your character you can open the save file up in a text editor like Notepad and make the quick change. You should see a line relatively close to the top (around line 33) that says
CODE
<maxavail>12</maxavail>
You can change that number of whatever you need it to be. Save the file, re-open it in Chummer, and you should be set. This is something that needs to remain attached to the character though as the values in the settings files are the default values for the game. Players, though more likely the GM, may need to create characters or Critters that fall outside of these values but still adhere to the other rules for the setting. What I can look into, however, is providing a way to change the character's BP and max Avail so you wouldn't have to modify these values manually in the future.
Nebular
This should only happen if your character has a STR of 5 or higher and you have the High Strength affects Weapon Recoil (AR 163) optional rule turned on. I've tried it out with a STR 1 character and with this optional rule turned off and its RC appears correctly as 2. There is, however, an issue with Weapons that do not have any Accessories or Mods attached to them not actually including the character's STR bonus. I'll have this fixed in the next update.
Nebular
QUOTE (Weldûn @ Nov 20 2012, 10:07 PM) *
Probably, I tested with a STR 1 character and they both came up 2, which would imply that the problem is with the "base" model not factoring in STR. Which is another point, according to the entry in Arsenal, page 24, the Ruger Thunderbolt comes in two versions, both of which have 2 points of recoil compensation. The smartgun equipped model and one with a integral laser sight, priced ¥1,150 and ¥850 respectively. Chummer lists the smartgun model correctly, but lists the other version with no integral laser sight and a cost of ¥750.

Ah, I had initially interpreted the Thunderbolt's entry. The Ruger Thunderbolt w/ Smartgun item is already there and priced correctly. I had misinterpreted the Laser Sight option to mean that you could add a Laser Sight to it for +¥100 instead of you got that model if you didn't take the Smartgun one. I'll update the Weapons file to correct this.
Nebular
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Nov 18 2012, 02:50 AM) *
Adding any of the Certified Credstick Commlink Accesories allows setting the rating for the credstick, which changes the cost. The rating should be fixed at 0 to get the correct cost.

Windows 7 64 bit; Chummer 0.0.0.426

Ratings on Credsticks are intended to represent how much Nuyen is left on them. It's the only way around letting the character adjust their value on the fly instead of having to delete and re-add a new Credstick with the new Nuyen amount. nyahnyah.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (Weldûn @ Nov 18 2012, 03:21 AM) *
Okay, I found where I build Custom Nexi in the Gear Tab (It's a drop-down) but I still can't modify vehicle-mounted custom nexi without getting the following unhandled exception.

I'll have this fixed in the next update.
Nebular
QUOTE (Hellfire @ Nov 17 2012, 04:06 AM) *
however adding PACKS gear kits with multilevel equipment (for example a comlink with a program package (Basic+ program suite)) still adds up the prices of the suite as well as each individual item in the suite, so instead of costing 400 NY for the basic+ program suite it costs 3100 NY (400 for the suite and 2700 for all programs in it).

This seems to be true for all "package items" that include items that can also be purchased seperately. This also includes now the price for copy protection and registration program option, which should be free when selecting the optional rule.

Also the bug with the Optimization program option in a PACKS kit is still there: when you add a PACKS kit which includes a program with the optimization program option Chummer interprets it as the COMLINK optimization option, costing 500 NY (without rating) instead of 100 NY per rating.

Also response degradation due to running programs should only start once you run a number of programss > system rating, see Unwired 3rd printing (which came after SR4A) p.48, currently Chummer reduces response when the number of programs running is equal to system rating:
if you do not have Unwired 3rd printing:
"Processor Limit:  is is the number of programs the node
can run before it starts to experience Response degradation (see
Matrix Attributes, p. 221, SR4A). For standard nodes, the proces-
sor limit is equal to System rating. "
"Standard nodes are run by commlinks,..."

Many thanks if you could correct this too.

Also a repeated festure request:
could you add the option to create free sprites (unwired p. 157) in the same way that you added the option to create free spirits? This would allow to create custom sprites with complex form the base sprite normally does not have, which currently isn't possible.

As far as the Processor Limit goes, UN and SR4A seem to essentially say the same thing; a Commlink's Response is reduced by 1 for every multiple of [Response] Programs running. So if your Commlink is Response 5, running 4 Programs will keep it at Response 5 while running 5 Programs would drop it to 4 since you've hit a multiple.

Free Sprites are still on the list of things to do, but between my limited time to work on this and other fixes it kept getting put off. I'll finally have these in the next update.

The whole PACKS thing is a fairly complicated issue. There are a few other outstanding issues with it as well that need to be addressed at some point. They're more a matter of time and effort to implement vs. how much PACKS are actually used and how often the issue arises. It'll hopefully be addressed at some point, but that's all I can promise right now.
Nebular
QUOTE (thespaceinvader @ Nov 17 2012, 08:36 AM) *

I think I forgot to include the updated language files in the zip file for the last update. You can either fix this by going to the Tools menu and selecting Check for Updates and selecting the updated English language file, or you can re-download the zip file for the next update which should be available in the next minute or two. Can't believe I forgot to update those. frown.gif
Nebular
Build 429
  • fixed an issue where attempting to add a plugin to a Nexus on a Vehicle would throw an error
  • added support for creating custom Improvements for Knowledge Skills
  • fixed an issue where deleting a piece of Cyberware would not refresh the character's displayed Attribute totals immediately
  • Attributes now show their augmented value any time the Attribute has one or more modifiers instead of when the natural and augmented values do not match so that tooltips are always visible to explain how the value was calculated
  • Vehicles now allow any System or Firewall instead of being limited to Device Rating +2 which is a limitation that is only applied to Hardware properties
  • fixed an issue where Weapons that did not have at least one Accessory or Modification would not receive their STR bonus to RC if the optional rule for it was enabled
  • Armor no longer includes Avail modifiers from Armor Mods that come included with it by default
  • Armor no longer includes Avail modifiers from Gear that comes included with it by default
  • added Change BP/Avail Limit to the Special menu to change the maximum BP (or Karma) and Avail the character is allowed in Create Mode
  • Commlinks now add any Gear that is attached to the in the data files, such as the plugins that should come with all military spec Commlinks
  • fixed an issue where newly created Gear that is moved to a new container would cause duplicate items to be created in the save file
  • added support for Free Sprites (see below)
Free Sprites
Any Sprite can now be converted to a Free Sprite by selecting Special > Convert to Free Sprite. Free Sprites gain the Denial Power and access to Echoes Critter Powers as per UN 157.

New Strings
  • Menu_SpecialBPAvailLimit
  • Menu_SpecialConvertToFreeSprite
Weldûn
Thanks for the update, Nebular.

• Vehicle Nexi only list commlink upgrades as available plugins.
  • You seem to have missed the issue with prepackaged software, again from me. <cringe> Sorry.

QUOTE (Weldûn @ Nov 18 2012, 05:53 PM) *
Additionally, prepackaged software aren't properly applying their program options.
For example, Homewrecker is listing as...

Attack (Rating 3)
Shredder (Rating 3)
Attack (Rating 3)

instead of...

Attack (Rating 3)
└Shredder
Attack (Rating 3)
└Area (Rating 1)
└Armor Piercing (Rating 2)

This is similarly affecting copy protection and registration, if you have those toggled to be automatically included in options.

Machine Ghost
Adding an item [as a plugin] to a Butt Pack ghosts the quantity, so it can not be changed. Moving the plugin out to Selected Gear, or into a location, re-enables the quantity. Tested with Olfactory Camouflage, Scent-masking Cigarette, and Nanopaste disguise (Small Container). Same for a microphone in a Handheld Sensor. Seems to be general: can not change the quantity of an 'installed' plugin. Ratings can change, quantities can not.

Windows 7 64 bit; Chummer version 0.0.0.429; Create mode
Mantis
The Armor-Piercing Flechette ammo should reduce the weapon range by 20%. See pg 156 of WAR!. Can I use the rangebonus tag from weapon mods to add this to the ammo in an override until you can add this fix?
All4BigGuns
Noticed something wonky with the Battle Buddy Basic. Instead of Armored Case, it's giving Rating 5 of the Armor Program.
SpellBinder
Still cannot add items to a cybereye that's installed in a cyberlimb.
CeeJay
Attribute enhancements from cyberlimbs only affect the overall attribute value if you have another piece of 'ware that modifies that attribute.

Here's an example:
You are a human with natural AGI of 1 and have Muscle Augmentation 1 and a full cyberarm with AGI 9. Chummer calculates the overall AGI of the character to 1(3). Mouseover text says AGI was modified by cyberlimb and Muscle Augmentation. That's all fine.
The same human now has a natural AGI of 2 and the same cyberlimb with AGI 9. Chummer says the overall AGI is just 2. It doesn't get modified by the cyberlimb.

This tests were done in Create mode.

-CJ
Nebular
QUOTE (Mantis @ Nov 23 2012, 11:18 PM) *
The Armor-Piercing Flechette ammo should reduce the weapon range by 20%. See pg 156 of WAR!. Can I use the rangebonus tag from weapon mods to add this to the ammo in an override until you can add this fix?

Gear doesn't currently support <rangebonus />. I'll add this in ASAP; just putting together a quick update to address the new functionality I need to include for the new Parageology book.
Nebular
QUOTE (All4BigGuns @ Nov 24 2012, 09:39 PM) *
Noticed something wonky with the Battle Buddy Basic. Instead of Armored Case, it's giving Rating 5 of the Armor Program.

Whoops, thought it was supposed to be the Armor Matrix Program. I'll have this fixed in the update.
Nebular
QUOTE (Weldûn @ Nov 21 2012, 09:16 PM) *
Thanks for the update, Nebular.

• Vehicle Nexi only list commlink upgrades as available plugins.
  • You seem to have missed the issue with prepackaged software, again from me. <cringe> Sorry.

The prepackaged software issue is on my list of things to address, it's just not something that's quick to fix. wink.gif The Vehicle Nexi plugins will be fixed in the next update.
Nebular
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Nov 22 2012, 04:16 PM) *
Adding an item [as a plugin] to a Butt Pack ghosts the quantity, so it can not be changed. Moving the plugin out to Selected Gear, or into a location, re-enables the quantity. Tested with Olfactory Camouflage, Scent-masking Cigarette, and Nanopaste disguise (Small Container). Same for a microphone in a Handheld Sensor. Seems to be general: can not change the quantity of an 'installed' plugin. Ratings can change, quantities can not.

Windows 7 64 bit; Chummer version 0.0.0.429; Create mode

This is (currently) intended behaviour. This was originally to limit things like Ammo plugins; if you have 20 Arrows and apply a Toxin as a plugin, you only need to add it at a quantity of 1. If you added it as a quantity of 20, it would instead be saying that those 20 arrows have 20 doses of Toxin each. It was the source of a fair amount of confusion way back when. I'll have to re-evaluate this at some point. I understand the need for it, especially if you want something like 2 Cameras stuffed into a Buttpack, but at the same time, I still think it's best to limit plugin quantities for the sake of Grenades and Ammo... I just need to figure out how to get both to play nicely together. smile.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Nov 24 2012, 11:38 PM) *
Still cannot add items to a cybereye that's installed in a cyberlimb.

On the list of stuff to do. Unfortunately it's not an easy fix and involves a large amount of code to be re-written. In hindsight, I should have made everything infinitely recursive, but I didn't. nyahnyah.gif
Nebular
QUOTE (CeeJay @ Nov 26 2012, 02:42 AM) *
Attribute enhancements from cyberlimbs only affect the overall attribute value if you have another piece of 'ware that modifies that attribute.

Here's an example:
You are a human with natural AGI of 1 and have Muscle Augmentation 1 and a full cyberarm with AGI 9. Chummer calculates the overall AGI of the character to 1(3). Mouseover text says AGI was modified by cyberlimb and Muscle Augmentation. That's all fine.
The same human now has a natural AGI of 2 and the same cyberlimb with AGI 9. Chummer says the overall AGI is just 2. It doesn't get modified by the cyberlimb.

This tests were done in Create mode.

-CJ

Looks like this has to do with the Augmented value and tooltips disappearing if the Attribute itself doesn't have any Improvements that affect it. I'll have this fixed in the next update so that Attributes will also display their Augmented value/tooltips if the character has a Cyberlimb.
Nebular
Build 430
  • added support for <rangebonus /> to Gear for Ammo to affect a Weapon's Range
  • added support for Geomancy Rituals to Spells
  • Vehicle Nexi Plugins are no longer restricted to only Commlink Module category
  • Physical Attributes now show their Augmented value and tooltips if the character has a Cyberlimb
New Strings
  • String_SpellRangeLineOfInfluence
  • Node_SelectedGeomancyRituals
SpellBinder
QUOTE (Nebular @ Nov 28 2012, 04:35 PM) *
On the list of stuff to do. Unfortunately it's not an easy fix and involves a large amount of code to be re-written. In hindsight, I should have made everything infinitely recursive, but I didn't. nyahnyah.gif
And here I thought it was as simple as extending the tree depth an additional level. Just goes to show what I know nyahnyah.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012