Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Extassis
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44
Buddha72
This is the test made at the beginning of each mini-quest that decides how much karma pool is open for use for the next leg of the quest. Sorry should have been more clear.
Nikoli
I had to change spelling of the words to make them sound right for the Spoonerism.
Buddha72
No problem. I was holding off on posting to see if Eccy wanted to karma again or not, since it will determine your karma pool for the next bit. Let me know.
Ecclesiastes
I'll leave it at three successes.
Buddha72
Ok bumping forward. All the Questers are limited to 3 karma pool for the next leg of the journey.
Nikoli
Woot, finally get to use Philosophy...
Buddha72
Ok waiting for the Questers to decide on a course of action. Go, stay, look around, etc.
Fenris
I vote for moving forward!
BishopMcQ
Let's get going...We'll follow Paladin since his quest I presume...
Ecclesiastes
Sorry, posting now, I was just giving people a chance to respond to the realm shift.
Nikoli
*clear*
Buddha72
DO THE BUMP!!!

Just let me know what you all want to do next. Walk around, holler from where you are, etc.
Buddha72
Happy Monday!! I'm looking for some direction from the questers so I can bump you all with flavor text for the next bit.
Fenris
I think we're proceeding on down the tunnel in a random direction wink.gif
Ecclesiastes
Yeah, kinda waiting for something to happen to us.

(Please don't rape me! eek.gif )
Buddha72
Questers - anyone with biotech may make a roll or biology, etc. Any skill related to those. ROLL AWAY!!
BishopMcQ
Paranormal Animals 4 (Closest I've got to Biology)
21 05 02 01--Sadly I don't think it will help...

Intelligence 4
05 05 03 02 (Are we in some kind of Heart shaped box? Like Anatomic heart not decorative...)
Nikoli
My guess is brain
Blitz
I have nothing even CLOSE...even if I rolled a 30 wink.gif
Blitz
Also, I have not yet spend any of the karma we have gained in this adventure. Does anyone know the current total of earned karma so I can be prepared to update her after we finish the quest?
Ecclesiastes
Yeah. Go back to the first post. Then count the number of weeks that have passed. Thats how much karma you've got. smile.gif
BishopMcQ
Nikoli--By the description yes, but Shiver is going off of the connection between Desire and Love...little does he know they have nothing to do with each other for this Lady...
Ecclesiastes
Intel check? 05 04 03 03

... not likely
Ecclesiastes
Why did McQ's last post make me what to yell out "Hey Bitch!"
BishopMcQ
I dare you to do it.
Fenris
Defaulting to Int?: 05 05 04 03 02 01
Blitz
I can do that, but I don't have dice at work. Can someone roll for me so as not to hold anything up? Int:6
Buddha72
Rollsfor Moira

12 10 05 04 02 01 (before -4)

Ok sending a PM to Blitz and we'll see what happens.
Whizbang
Biotech: 10, 8, 7, 4, 3, 1
Ecclesiastes
Guys, I'm off for the weekend. Over worked and over stressed. A buddy invited me up to his cabin for the weekend to get away from things for a few days. I'll post when I get back.
Buddha72
Relax and enjoy your weekend away. I'll bump when he posts all.

Might as well give out another call for feedback. Is everyone enjoying the thread so far? Any complaints or issues? Please let me know.

The astral quest part is almost over then it's on to the big night at the Body Bag. When that wraps up I'll see if people want to end the thread or go on to another run.
Buddha72
Ok folks, anyone out there? No replies at all. Is this a sign that I should close out the thread?
Fenris
NO!
Sorry, didn't realize you were waiting on stuff from us.

<brandishes whip> Alright peeps, let's move this along!

<pokes Eccy> This means you, since we're waiting on your decision wink.gif
Ecclesiastes
Yeah, I've been falling behind in all my games, work has been killin' me. I'll try to play catch-up tomorrow.
Ecclesiastes
Ok, I'm just now catching up with IC. That worm you all heard about on the news gave me a nice 60 hour work week. Anyhow, after reading the posts IC I'm a bit confused. I get that Whiz thinks we're at the forearm, but did she give me an idea as to which path would lead the the heart?

edit: An even better question... are any of the paths before us wider than the others? It would make sense that we could just follow any path that is bigger than the others at each junction, because that would lead us closer to the heart.
Whizbang
Was suggesting that I knew how to navigate....
Ecclesiastes
Gotcha.
Blitz
I'm back from Gencon. It was a blast but I'm exhausted!

I'm ready to get back into everything smile.gif
Buddha72
Welcome back!! Hope you had fun!!

Ok big bump tomorrow so stay tuned campers! (or tonight if everything clears up for me here)
Fenris
Hey guys!

I just realized that since we're not in a magical group together, the cost for initiation for everyone is going to suck ;D (i.e, be twice as expensive)

If nobody's got an Exclusive stricture on any of their existing magical groups, we could just up and start a new one? Would only cost everyone involved 3 karma, which would be made up in the saving's for initiation. In addition, I've calculated the TN's, and it's only around 8-10, depending on what strictures, if any, we place on membership (Obviously not exclusive.) And that's with all three traditions involved. And we can use karma pool to make sure we succeed with the test the first time around. Buddha's willing to waive the initial 30 day requirement (he says it's his contribution to our attempt to save our precious karma.)

Blitz
Do we have to be in a magical group with each other? Couldn't the magical group we're in count?
Fenris
Since we're not initiating with the magical groups we have, Buddha said that they wouldn't count for the karma reduction.
Ecclesiastes
Can you be a member of more than one group at a time?
Buddha72
The big issue is that for the reduction in karma cost you must have a magical link to an avatar. Every Awakened person has their own and one is formed when you join a magical group. The sum of their collective magical expressions and will.

I have always seen magical groups as more than just a reduction in cost. They have strictures, ways to mold the group to express that collection of people and their beliefs. It just doesn't seem to make sense that you spend 3 karma to form a group then you all turn around and initiate at home by yourself? I envision the group gathering together and supporting their members in reaching the next level of magical skill, hence the reduction in karma cost.

To answer your question Ecci, yes you can belong to more than one group as long as none of the other groups have the stricture of exculsive membership. I checked over your magical group and it currently has no strictures so you're in the clear.

My thought is that you all would form a temporary group for this astral quest but you don't have to. It's just way cheaper in terms of karma for all involved but I don't want to step on player toes so do as you wish.
Blitz
That makes sense.
Fenris
And it makes sense from a character perspective that we would have wanted the kind of support that magical link provides moving into this Astral Quest, which is by far one of the hardest ordeals for initiating wink.gif

So, unless anybody has any complaints, I'll assume we all spent our three karma and formed the group before we started? Like I said, Buddha's been nice enough to remove the 30 day formation requirement because of the dire circumstances.

In that vain, I'll like to purpose the following structure:

Magical Group - 3 karma, 12 TN
+1 Magical path - Adepts 14TN
+1 Magical path - Hermetics 16TN
Members of the group have initiated previously with another group 10TN
Strictures: Deed (perform this astral quest) 9TN

That means we have 5 dice to roll, and plenty of karma pool between the 5 of us, and we only need to hit a 9.
Blitz
Works for me smile.gif
Whizbang
Actually, Angelina/Desdemona are uninitiated. That add or reduce the TNs for them?
Fenris
Add's to the total TN. It would increase it to an 11. So I just need the affirmative from Eccy and McQ.

Ecclesiastes
Sure, I'm down for it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012