Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Extassis
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44
Fenris
LOL
Buddha72
Happy Monday All!

Don't forget your weekly drip of karma. I would like to bump things forward this week since we have gotten into a rut at the moment. McQuillan mentioned doing a post for Shiver so I am giving everyone till tomorrow afternoon to do their posts then I move the timeline forward to gathering the group together again. So now is the time.

Thanks!
BishopMcQ
Fenris--question for you...

The last post regarding the plan says that Shiver is to distract the primary target while you and the casters counter the magic going on and destroy the focus. However, the post before that you list the focus as the primary target...does that mean you want me to beat on Michael and attempt to destroy the focus physically, while you destroy the enchantment in astral space?
Blitz
I think primary target applies to Michael and his focus seperately. Michael is the overall Primary Target (ie, person to engage) while the focus is what needs to be destroyed first and foremost.

Side note...any thoughts as to using your Needle on Mr. Michael? Would be one hell of a way to destroy a man without technically killing him.
Buddha72
McQuillan/Whizbang I'm all done so feel free to post more if needed. I believe it was left with Bakatare calling to meet with Shiver & Angelina for the planning stuff so Fenris please post away.
BishopMcQ
That was actually my very first thought with the needle...though the question of giving Michael to the Dweller worries me...he could either be broken or have powers beyond our ability to understand.
Blitz
Definately something to think of..though the Dweller strikes me as a rather vindictive type. She/he/it might very well use him as her personal stress reliever..though I agree there are significant risks involved. I guess though that those risks would be involved no matter who you send back there, and I would rather it be someone who deserved such a sentence rather than one who didn't
BishopMcQ
so I shouldn't just poke a random squatter in the barrens?
Blitz
aw come on...like their lives dont suck enough already. (makes me think of the soul that was a petunia, a whale and many other things in Hitchhikers Guide that was constantly being killed by poor Arthur Dent)
Nikoli
What's that large ugly horned guy doing running at me with that rather sharp looking thing... I wonder if he'll be friends with me.
BishopMcQ
No, Nikoli, it's the downtrodden troll with a dirty coat who asks to share your fire, then when he reaches into his pocket to unwrap whatever he scrounged for food, he pulls out a small needle and stabs you faster than your drug addled and food starved reflexes are able to handle....

If I charge, they'll run away and I might break a sweat...
Blitz
HAHA! He wasn't being totally literal McQ...he was quoting the poor whales first impression of the ground racing up to meet him in the book I was referring to...

I got the reference though Nik...LOVE IT! *still giggling*
BishopMcQ
I recognized the "I wonder if he'll be frineds with me" part but not the first part. Sorry!
Nikoli
instead of the large round thing that the whale names 'ground' I substituted troll... same after effect though
Buddha72
Hiya All!

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I will be bumping the thread tomorrow morning, I want to give Whizbang & McQuillan a chance to post their arrival at the safe house. In the meantime, is there anything people are wanting to get/do before the hit on the party? Let me know.
Blitz
I need to learn a new spell smile.gif

Mob Control Force 7
Buddha72
Thread has received some bumpage! cool.gif
Fenris
Will do some conjuring during the day, after the talks and before we leave at night for meeting in the Barrens.

Conjuring [6] + Power foci [1] + Ally's Spirit [3] for Force 7 Earth elemental:

15 10 08 05 04 03 03 03 01 01 (3 successes)

Karma #1: 07 05 04 04 03 03 01 (1 success)
Karma #3: 13 05 04 01 01 01 (1 success)

Drain [7M]: 08 05 05 05 04 01 (1 success)
Karma #4: 08 05 04 03 01 (1 success)
Light stun, takes Willpower [6] vs. TN [3]: 04 03 02 02 02 01 (2 successes)
30 minutes.

Total of 5 successes to bind.
Blitz
Hey Buddha..I am sans Magic in the Shadows and not sure if all information regarding spell learning is in there or in the main book. If there's anything in that main book that will help me to know exactly whats needed, can you let me know?
Blitz
Ok...this is going to be a major bitch...

Looks like the target number is twice the force Im trying to learn which is 7 and it takes the same number of days equal to that target number (divided by successes) in order to learn. Not sure if it's even possible for me to learn it in the amount of time we have. Now, it does say my totem modifier will apply but Im not sure about my ally spirit. Normally, I can use the force of my ally spirit to add to sorcery tests and this is a sorcery test, but the main book doesn't mention whether or not the wolf can help me out.

I also need to get an actual spell forumula for it...not sure what rolls you need from me for that. (will be calling my talismonger Jesse for the forumla) Also can someone look up mob mood and mob control and tell me what types of manipulation they are? My totem bonus only applies to transformation manipulation and Im thinking neither will be that type. (I think they are control, but not sure)

How many days do we have until the party anyway?
Buddha72
Ok I am going to say the ally spirit can't help since it acts like a Power Foci, adding in drain, spellcating and the like with the Aid power.

So you need an Etiquette test TN 3 and has a base time of 24 hrs to get the formula you need to learn the spell. You were right, it is not a trnasformation manipulation but a control one. Remember you get an extra die per level of the contact on the roll to acquire the formula.

Then the test to learn can be helped by getting an instructor to add to your dice pool and you also get to use the Magic Background skill as a Complementary skill for the test.

I believe you have 2 days before the party and I think that's plenty of time. You are a character sitting on a 23 point karma pool. You should be able to get enough successes to buy the spell in less than a day and learn it in one day. biggrin.gif
Blitz
ROFL..I forget that we have so much karma pool!!

Whats the penalty for defaulting? (has no etiquette skill)
Buddha72
It's a +4 to the TN or see if someone else in the group knows a Talismonger who has the skill. wink.gif
Fenris
When you do go to learn your spell, I'll task the Earth Elemental to Aid Study. That should give you another 7 dice.
BishopMcQ
Can shamans benefit from elemental's Aid Study ability?

Edit: I know a talismonger and have etiquette.
Buddha72
As far as the text reads, it's a service a summoner can have an elemental peform for someone else. The only stipulation is that a magician can only benefit from this ability and that it can only perform the service from the astral for it's summoner without having to manifest. I will check FAQ and errata.
Blitz
I would think that due to differences in aspects of mages vs. shamens that the elemental might not have the ability to help Moira, but I'll wait for Buddha to answer wink.gif

McQ...thanks for the offer, but with all that karma, I dont think it should be much of a problem to get one or 2 successes...thank goodness for a high charisma! Not to mention it makes better RP sense for her to go to her own trusted source.

Will roll if someone can give me the availability for the actual spell...
Buddha72
TN is 3 with a base time of 24 hours so 7 after the modifier. Roll away!
Blitz
1: 5
2: 5
3: 4
4: 2
5: 2
6: 2

... not successfull.

2: 2
3: 6 + 3 = 9. ... Success
4: 5
5: 3
6: 6 + 5 = 11. ... Success

2 successes
Blitz
Nikoli...we're at Bakatare's for planning..not Iblis's smile.gif
Buddha72
I checked and so far it looks to be ok by the rules. So at this point I am giving a thumbs up from my end. twirl.gif
Buddha72
Happy Monday All!

I did a mini-bump and at this point I think I am waiting on Bakatare to see if he's heading out to the Barrens. As always let me know if you need anything.
Buddha72
Hey Nikoli!

Can you fix your post of:

As the others begin laying out the finer points of the plans to come, Murrey makes his way over to Iblis, "May I use the laundry? I'm going on 27 hours in the same scivvies?"

So that Iblis reads Bakatare? Unless you stayed there and Moira took another way home? question.gif
BishopMcQ
Fenris--was it your intention for us to arrive at Bakatare's apartment or is he still paranoid enough about the attack that you wanted to meet elsewhere? I left the location somewhat vague in my post to accomodate for either response.

Buddha--when exactly are we in the timeline?
Fenris
My assumption was my place for final details. I don't have a huge problem with you being there, I'd just like to minimize the necessary time wink.gif
Nikoli
My understanding was, from Moira's last post that she got back int he car and we went to Iblis' place. I can just remove the post if that's not the case.
Buddha72
I think she assumed you had all gone back to the apartment with the rest of the team.

McQuillan I will set the time up as soon as I get things finished out with Moira and Bakatare so my plan is after their meets to bump everyone together in the morning as per your post.
Tashio
Hey, I do applogize for the long time between posts, Finals time for my students and things have been mad trying to get final prep done and a crapload of marking done.
Buddha72
Real life happens, no shame in that. I am going to chain Fenris to his computer until he posts you all heading out for the meet in the Barrens. Thanks for being patient. smile.gif
Fenris
Just need Murrey to say heya and come along, or it's a decent transition to bump us straight to the Barrens wink.gif
Nikoli
Look as far as I know, Moira and Murrey are still at the building. Moira never said it was a drop off. I thought I was her ride back, so what's going on?
Blitz
Not quite sure why you are so confused Nikoli...we left Iblis's, went to Moira's I came out, we returned to Bakatare's.

Eh, too much soul searching, back to the car you...
stepping around a dozing junkie, Murrey heads back to the car as he sees Moira coming out of the building.

that was your post after my apartment post...

:: Returning to Bakatare's home, Moira seems refreshed, but reserved. Dropping her overnight bag next to the couch, she sits down as they go over the plan one last time. Listening to the summary of the plan, she nods her understanding. ::

that was my next post...

So we're now at Bakatare's, having just rehashed the plan. Moira is waiting for a call from her contact and Bakatare, Hiroto and Aaron are about to head out for a meeting in the Barrens and are asking you for a ride.
Nikoli
Gotcha...
Fenris
Just wanted to check, since some OOC conversation went on after Nikoli's last post.

Were you asking to do the laundry during the day while we were all there, during the evening while we were all talking, or right at the moment that Bakatare asked you for a ride out into the Barrens to meet with his contact?
Buddha72
I will be bumping tomorrow afternoon, see ya then!
Buddha72
Sorry for the day delay all, life got a little hectic. Posting now. smile.gif
Buddha72
Ok I need Perception tests from everyone in the van and any other tests you might want to make. Let me know what obvious weapons, if any you're carrying. You are opn the street outside the rink and the double doors are broken out and hanging open.

Blitz - I haven't forgotten you're contact and the spell formula, just let me get this encounter up and going. Then I will hop over to you.

PS Karma pools have refreshed. I usually refresh with a change of scene so have no worries about the actual party - your pools will refresh then. Can't remember if I explained that to the newcomers or not. wink.gif
Fenris
Perception: 17 11 05 04 04 02

Astral Perception: 11 05 05 05 03 03 01 01 01 01

Feeling no compunctions what-so-ever about loading up, so I'm dropping my Improved Initiative spell into a foci and bringing up an armor spell.

Improved Iniative(F1):
Centering against Drain (TN4): 16 09 08 02 01 (3 successes)
Sorcery + Spell Pool + Familiar (TN4): 23 08 05 05 04 03 03 02 02 02 02 02 01 (5 successes)
Drain Test (TN4D): 11 05 05 05 04 04 04 03 03 03 03 01 (7 successes)
No drain.

Armor(F4):
Centering against Drain (TN6): 05 04 04 04 02 (no successes)
Sorcery + Spell Pool + Familiar: 11 10 04 04 01 01
Drain Test (TN5M): 11 10 07 05 05 04 04 04 04 03 03 03 03 03 03 02 02 02 01 (5 successes)
No drain.

Allocating 15 dice of shielding to the party. Only 4 dice will modify TN's for spells, but as far as I read, each protected member should recieve the additional 15 dice each vs. spells.
Cedric Rolfsson
Aaron Perception check.

You asked for 5 rolls and your target is unknown ... here are the results:

1: 6 + 5 = 11.
2: 1
3: 2
4: 5
5: 4

I've got Hearing Acuity, which adds die to hearing tests, and if you use the Shadowrun FanPro site's FAQ the adept abiltiy adds the maximum level of audio enhancements.

Also have natural low light and adept ability of sound damper and flare comp. Also have motion sense, so if any living object starts sneaking around I'll need to make another check. I don't have my books here so I don't remember the TN. This works on invisible characters since it's detecting the life force.

SMG hanging on a sling under the armored jacket.
Nikoli
Perception
9 5 5 4 4 3

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012