Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Extassis
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44
Nikoli
Heh. Also keep in mind, a limo needs a LOT of room to turn around in.
If we see that limo move to pick up, we can easily be in position to follow and incapacitate. twin front mounted LMG's targeting a Sig 2 vehicle can do a bit. Best bet is still the tires though. I like that movement power though. could you get one ready to do that should they need to make a sudden stop? safe stopping is based on acceleration, so, drop that and they cannot stop as fast, smashy-smashy. And chancesa re good our wuary would be alive, dased but relatively unharmed.
Grey
Hey Fenris, if you mentioned that thing about the Earth elemental, you'd have a much better chance of changing Paladin's mind.
Fenris
Snip:

See if we could reliably stop the car. I can use elementals if we have to, but guns would be quicker and more reliable."

Did that work, or did you need me to repeat it slower? wink.gif
Grey
When you said it, the idea of using the movement power just didn't occur to me at all.
Fenris
That's okay. That's why I'm the mage wink.gif
Grey
I still don't see how them being mobile is a better option. If we go after their car and then come for them, we've lost the element of surprise. The way things are here, we've got a nice advantage. Once we drop them, Murrey drives up and we're outta there. I just see more complications with them being mobile. What if we cause them to crash and they all die? That'll kinda make it hard to get info from the guy, ya know? smile.gif
Fenris
Don't forget the ranged mind probe option.

My point is, what you're talking about doing is totally unprofessional, and potentially dangerous. You're going to grab an initiated mage from in front of a club where he's obviously recognized and respected in front of all of these people. Not only is it the fact that you're basically doing a snatch and grab like any ganger street trash, you're also pissing off people that probably know people he knows, like the rest of the ritual group that slaughtered the Changelings. Do you really want 10 initiated mages dropping in to say "Hi" with spells and elements, and the resources of whatever corporation is backing them? Ritual tracking is brutal with an experienced group. Away from the public eye is always better.
Digital Heroin
Notable is that Immortal isn't a professional runner... he kills things, that's his game... you've gotta bring this logic up to him.
Nikoli
I'll back what ever play you guys come up with, but I'm pushing to tail and follow. You never snatch ont he first recon anyway, you never know what your opponent strengths are.

If we learn where he flops, then we learn where these mages meet, then we set an ambush. Remember, even think of touching this guy and any sort of detect enemy spell goes nuts. Set a bomb under his feet and their none the wiser.
Buddha72
So the weekend approaches.......

I am ready to go either way the team blows. I have family this weekend for Easter so the next bump will be on Monday. By then can I get a team decision on which plan you're going with so I know which way to move the thread forward?

Hope everyone has a great weekend! biggrin.gif
Grey
Paladin conceeds and pulls the ATV back into the van so we can tail. I'm gunna be gone most of the weekend, so just assume I'm along for the ride.
Nikoli
Actually, I had hoped that the two vehicles would be able to work together for the tail. one follows, the other moves forward to pick up later, so they aren't always looking at the same set of headlights int he rear mirror.
Digital Heroin
Perecption: 9,5,4,4,2,1

Still on the watch for threats, but also checking for interesting car models, out of general interest and boredom. biggrin.gif
Grey
QUOTE (Nikoli)
Actually, I had hoped that the two vehicles would be able to work together for the tail. one follows, the other moves forward to pick up later, so they aren't always looking at the same set of headlights int he rear mirror.

Only problem with that is that the ATV is a very unique, so it doesn't make for a very good vehicle to use to tail someone. I'm sure they'd notice if that strange dune buddy kept following them.
Nikoli
Good point.
Digital Heroin
*innocently whistles because Immortal's checking out cars for a reason*
Fenris
OOCly groans. "Out of the parking lot?" biggrin.gif
Buddha72
Good morning all, or at least those in PDT. cool.gif I h ave some errands this morning with a friend who just moved to town after a long asbence but I will be posting this afternoon. So it sounds like more watching is going to ensue with a little light tailing. (That reads soooooo wrong.) Immortal/Digital Heroin was there a particluar car type you were looking for?
Fenris
Assensing on the man: 3,8,4,4,14,2,1,2,4 (5 successes, 3 initiate levels)

Assensing on the woman: 4,11,11,1,5,3,2,5,5 (6 successes)

Gimme gimme
Blitz
I would also like to assense, but I dont have my dice with me...

Int 6
Aura Reading 4
Grey
ATV Sensors: 09 05 01
Perception: 10 04 04 03
Astral Perception: 11 05 04 03 03 01
Fenris
Either of them match the descriptions of the additional participants at the Rave?
Buddha72
They do not.
Buddha72
BUMP
Grey
Sensors: 08 04 04
Perception: 11 05 04 02
Nikoli
Sensors:
8:14:4:5
Int:
3:3:3:5:1:5

I believe that's a lock, with a base sig of 2.
Also, is the transponder showing up on my signal locator?

Buddha72
Yes and I need a roll for how stealthy you are driving. I have no idea as a rigger which you use (Car or Stealth) but I am hoping you do.

The signal locator I am assuming has been programmed with the transponder code you got early. If so , then yes you have the signal.
Nikoli
Good, and if I remember, it's an etiquette roll when you want to blend into a crowd, in this case traffic, without doing an impersonation of a sore thumb.

Is the locator giving me position data relative to my current position, remember I have the headware gps and orientation system. That info will determine how I'm driving.
Buddha72
So far you have no problem following the signal and relating that to your position.
Nikoli
My mistake, etiquette is for blending in a social situation.

This would be a stealth roll (sad for us)
Defaulting to Quickness (unmodified by situation): 14:11:5:5:3:1
Blitz
Force 5 City
Conjuring: 6:5:3:3:1:1
Drain: 6:6:5:5:4:2:1:1

2 services..no drain
Nikoli
Nice touch Blitz
Blitz
Can you roll for me Buddha? Im at work...no dice.

Int 6
Assense 4
Buddha72
Grey

Please throw me some dice for the sensor test. talker.gif
Grey
Sensors 3: 09 05 01
Radio Scanner 6: 09 05 05 05 04 03
Nikoli
Sensors:
5:4:2:2
Scanner:
13:4:3:3:2:2
Buddha72
Nikoli

Are you doing the same scan that Grey did or are you looking for something different or scanning something different?
Nikoli
Looking for drone network broadcasts

Looking for potential holes in sensor system

Looking for cameras and other obvious security measures.
Nikoli
Anyone else reminded of 'Ballroom Blitz' when reading the early part of the thread?
Fenris
"Ballroom Blitz?"

Buddha72, how far above the roof does the ward extend? You said it was a dome around the grounds, so I assume for the sake of establishing and maintaining, they'd minimize space where they could.
Nikoli
You know, the man in the back said everyone attack.
The girl in the corner, let no one ignore her, she thinks she's the passionate one.
etc.
Buddha72
Fenris

The drop is about 2 meters good Sir.

All

I will be bumping the thread on Monday afternoon.
Fenris
I don't need anything else, so I'll just wait for the thread bump.
Buddha72
All
Karma time!! 1 pt for you all for hanging in there. Any feedback all? Remember if you're not having fun then I am wasting my time here.

Now on the the BUMP
Grey
Would we find the door being left open to be strange? Do they like to keep security at the house tight or loose?
Buddha72
They seem to take an interest with people actually coming on to the property. Last time you pulled up the Troll was there almost immediately. They keep the doors closed as far as you've seen.
Grey
Stealth: 11 09 07 05 05 05 04 04 03 01 (+ goddies)
Perception: 11 04 03 01
Stealth (Alertness): 13 05 05 05 05 04 03 03 02 01
Astral Perception: 09 05 04 03 01 01
Buddha72
Ok all I am going to hold for everyone else to post. I will bump forward tomorrow morning at the latest. I will do my best to play characters as written. If you can't do a big post, feel free to drop an OC one telling me what your character will do in general.
Nikoli
I'm confused,
Did anyone leave the limo?
Are we back at the same location as before but now the signs of a break in?
Buddha72
Ok - The limo left, after dropping off its passengers. You all decided against taking action but asking more questions. You mentioned not hanging around long and Blitz/Fenris both said they had questions for Iblis. Others indicated they were going to follow up with contacts to get more intel.

In the interest of keeping the game moving forward I will bump and try to guess what you all will do next. It will help if you all post an OOC of the plan going forward or picked a leader type who could point in the right direction. The leader is not necessary. I enjoy watching the party work out its differences so up to you all. I try to give you a day's warning of a bump so you can throw out things. I would assume a bump come Monday since I do not usually have time to post over the weekend.

Please let me know if the bump method is not working for you all. I need feedback to make the game enjoyable for all involved. Unlike a table top game I can't see your faces so I am totally reliant on you all to keep me informed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012